Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Fatcat

User Image

Married to my Teacher!?

A girl and her 4-year-old brother have lived with relatives since their parents
died in a car accident. Tired of moving from a relative's house to another, she
decides to drop out of school and find work to support her brother on her own.
As they sit on a park bench, her English teacher appears in front of her and her
brother. He tries to convince her to go back to school. She jokingly asks him to
marry her in order to support her and her brother, and he agrees. Now him and her
live together in his apartment. In school the two keep their marriage a secret from
others.

[imgleft]Image here[/imgleft]
[color=POSTINGCOLOR]Full Name:
Dislikes: [/color]

Beloved Fatcat

User Image
Full Name: Caralyn Edmunds
Likes: Candy, caring for her brother, warm weather, and nice people
Dislikes: Not having enough money, the cold, nosey people.
User Image
Full Name: Spencer Burton
Likes: Teaching, english, people, helping others, coffee, dogs
Dislikes: alcohol, swimming, cats, tea

Beloved Fatcat

Cαrαlyɴ Edмυɴdѕ

Nothing Stays Secret Forever, But I Can Try

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx════════════════════════════════════════════════

User Image

Around this hour, any normal seventeen year old female student would be eating lunch, chatting with friends, and even taking and gossiping about boys. Caralyn Edmunds however was a different story. At this time, she was sitting on a quaint bench around a lovely park. She was sitting with her four year old brother, Carson who was eating off brand cheerios. While it wasn't the most nutritious food in world, it was one of the things she could afford at the time. Cara and her brother were thrown from relative to relative after the sudden and tragic death of both of their parents, after awhile she could no longer stand her two faced relatives who had always hated their parents. She didn't want her brother or her raised in that kind of environment however she could not sustain both her schoolwork, taking care of Aiden, and working at the same time. One gave out and it was school, her lowest priority, although most would love to drop out Cara loved the predictability of school. She was all too familiar with change.

As of now, both of the Edmund kids have been living at homeless shelters sometimes a night or sometimes a week because Cara's job was not enough to sustain both of them due to being a dropout without a diploma or a ged. Aiden sat swinging his legs and freely ate the cereal. Cara let her little brother eat first no matter what, so most of the times she went hungry and suppressed her hunger by drinking water from the public water fountains. It was bad enough that she was already naturally skinny but this situation made her bones protrude out more. "Aiden, make sure you save some cereal for later." Cara told the young boy mostly out of the fear that she wouldn't have enough money to feed him later on. She ran a few fingers through her hair that was rather tangled and slightly oily because it was hard to take a shower often when you didn't have a reliable place to stay.

Caralyn hummed to herself, hoping that her boss would be able to schedule herself in sometime soon because she was getting low on cash. She put her fingers in her pockets, feeling loose change maybe a dollar worth.

════════════════════════════════════════════════
User Image

Spencer Burton
                                                        english teacher

Two hours had gone by since the school day finished, and Spencer still had half a stack of English papers to grade. They were all terrible, except one which got a B. Spencer rubbed his head. He was starting to get a headache. He loved teaching and he cared about his students a lot, but they simply would not put in the effort. No one paid attention in class and no one seemed to care how important English class is. They will need this, no matter what field they pursue.

There was only one student who actually cared. Caralyn Edmunds. She was a gifted writer, and she always got A's on her essays, the only one to do so. The problem was she didn't show up to school and Spencer found out that she had dropped out. His top student, with a bright future, dropping out of school? It was unnatural. Spencer was upset to lose his top student, but there was nothing he could do, even if he wanted to. He didn't know where she was.

As luck would have it, Spencer decided to take a break and take a walk at the park. A few minutes later he spotted a girl and a young boy on the park bench. The girl looked oddly familiar. Upon further inspection, Spencer realized that it was Caralyn.

"Caralyn?" he called out and jogged towards the pair. "What are you doing here?"

Beloved Fatcat

Cαrαlyɴ Edмυɴdѕ

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx════════════════════════════════════════════════

User Image

After a while Caralyn began to people watch, looking to see what normal people were up to almost wondering what it would be like to have something stable. Minutes into people watching, a somewhat familiar figure was approaching. Could it be? No, his teacher Mr. Burton certainly had better things to do than be out here. Cara was going to hide until the man, who was formerly her teacher called out to her. Her eyes darted around trying not to make any type of eye contact. She gave a weak wave towards the male while her brother was mostly oblivious about things.

The thing she dreaded were the questions that almost seemed to accuse her. She had felt really guilty dropping out of school, especially English since she was the best at that subject. Cara looked up at him for a brief second before answering him. "Ahh...you know, sightseeing Mr. Burton." She replied. Cara felt ashamed of her current appearance which was far from how she was in school. While she was with her relatives she was prim, proper, and less fragile looking than now. Cara place a slender hand upon Aiden's shoulder, as a sort of comfort system.

User Image

Spencer Burton
                                                        english teacher

When Spencer neared Caralyn, he noticed that she looked different. He guiltily thought that she looked pretty bad. Something was clearly wrong. "Sightseeing?" he responded. He looked around. It was just a plain old park. What could she be hiding? He didn't want to intrude, but at the same time, he wanted to help her.

He hesitantly sat down next to her. "Is this your brother?" He turned to the boy. He was so frail, just like Caralyn, who looked much thinner than usual. He rubbed his neck and then smiled at the boy. "Hi, I'm Mr. Burton, your sister's English teacher. She's an amazing student. In fact, even though teachers are not supposed to have favorites, she is my favorite student. I wish she would come back to school."

While he said this, he kept looking at the boy, and avoided looking at Caralyn. He hoped she would get the hint that he wanted her to go back to school, but he didn't want to be so obvious about it. finally he turned to her and said, "You know I care about all my students. You can trust me.' He hoped she would share whatever problem she was having.

Beloved Fatcat

Cαrαlyɴ Edмυɴdѕ

User Image

Caralyn knew her excuse was pretty bad, pathetic even. The park they were at was rather unkempt and not many people came to the park. She should have said something like babysitting, or getting fresh air, even just taking her brother out to play. Looking over a her brother, she noticed the box of cereal slowly she gripped it attempting to move it over closer to her in order to hide it. Cara purposefully avoided looking at him directly because then he would know if something was up. Her eyes often gave her up, they were literally the windows to her soul. The attention slightly shifted to her little brother, who was rather messy looking as well. 'Ah this is embarrassing.' Cara thought to herself. "Yeah, this is my younger brother Aiden." She said nodding.

As Mr. Burton spoke to her brother about her, a small blush sprawled across her pale cheeks. Caralyn hadn't received compliments in years and was rather bad at accepting them as well. She put her head down as the two talked. When he addressed her once again, she looked up, slightly startled. "M-Mr.Burton, this isn't a school issue so there isn't anything to worry about." Cara said with a small smile, nervously laughing. She knew he had many things to grade and little time to waste, she didn't want to keep him with problems he probably wasn't able to solve.

User Image

Spencer Burton
                                                        english teacher

Not a school issue. Spencer paused, considering how to approach the situation without scaring her off or causing her to put up a wall where he can't reach her. She and he brother clearly needed help, something was going on, and he wanted, perhaps needed to, help them.

"It becomes the a school issue when you are still underage and you drop out of school." He looked intently at her, even though she wouldn't meet his eyes. "Education is very important, and I know you love going to school. Now there must be a reason you dropped out." He placed a hand on her shoulder. "Please. I want to help you."

He looked at her and her brother. They showed signs of not having proper hygiene or a proper diet. He didn't see the cereal box, but he did see their frail frames. He guessed that either their relatives are having financial problems or they are no longer living with them, for whatever reason. Seeing that she didn't want to share her problems, he decided to just offer help. He changed his tone from serious to a happy one. "Hey, I have a huge meal at home. My sister likes experimenting with food and she cooked me a delicious meal. I don't think I can finish it by myself. Why don't you two come over and eat with me?" He smiled at them.

Then he quickly added, "And you can stay for the night since it's getting late." He didn't want to embarrass her by revealing that he knows they don't have a home, but at the same time he was embarrassed for asking his student to stay at his home.

Beloved Fatcat

Cαrαlyɴ Edмυɴdѕ

User Image

Caralyn didn't ever remember Mr.Burton being so stubborn about things, or perhaps it was because she always did well and he didn't need to remind her constantly to do her work. His words impacted her, he was telling her how it really was but Cara didn't want to let herself seem weak. Upon feeling his hand on her shoulder, she held a surprise expression. The only type of contact teachers and students were allowed to have was the occasional high five.

She studied her former teacher for the longest time, wondering if he was being genuine about his offer. Initially she was going to decline but looking at her brother, the list reasons to accept his help grew longer. Aiden couldn't live off of cereal forever, he'd eventually end up with scurvies. "We accept your offer, although this will only be one time thing." Cara said being rather stubborn. Her younger brother cheered quietly before embracing his sister, making it hard for Caralyn to retain composure. Staying over wasn't something Cara wanted to do but she wanted somewhere safe where Aiden could sleep. He had two changes of clothes in his small backpack but she only had the clothes on her back. She stood up, motioning her brother to also stand. She was shorter than her teacher, only reaching to his shoulders, saddened by her abrupt stop of her growth spurt. Shrugging it off, Cara looked into her teacher's eyes.

"So, Mr.Burton, where is your house?" She asked tilting her head slightly. All she wanted to do at this point was bathe and sleep. It had been awhile since she had a chance to relax, even before she dropped out of school.

User Image

Spencer Burton
                                                        english teacher

"I actually live close by, so we can just walk."

As a public high school teacher, Spencer was not loaded. He had a decent income, but not enough to splurge on luxury. He lived in a small two story, three bedroom house. One was his personal bedroom, another was his office where he planned his curriculum and graded essays, and the last was used a guest bedroom, although his only guest was his sister.

When they got to his house, he showed her the guest bedroom. "You and Aiden can sleep in here. There's a bathroom over in that corner, which belongs to the guest bedroom. I'll prepare dinner."

He closed the door once they got in and headed for the kitchen. The truth was, his sister sent him an experimental lunch meal, and not dinner, but he needed an excuse. He opened the fridge and pantry, looking to see what meal he could prepare. What would a teenage girl and a young boy like to eat? Since he wasn't that great of a cook, he prepared an oven baked casserole dish and made some garlic bread and a fruit salad to serve with it.

Beloved Fatcat

Cαrαlyɴ Edмυɴdѕ

User Image

Walking into the home of her English class was weird,but walking into it during the evening was weirder. Despite it being Cara's first time inside Mr.Burton's home,it had a warm cozy feeling to it, almost like her old home that she now vaguely remembers. She peeked into the guest room, a fairly large room that was well kept. Caralyn looked over to the bathroom, where she would finally get a bath that she knew she needed. Meanwhile she instructed Aiden to put his small backpack and to wash his hands. Heaven knows when the last time that was, when people have so little, hygiene is probably the last thing on their minds. Cara washed her hands as well, getting a glimpse of herself in the mirror.'I look so terrible....' She thought herself before walking away, drying off her hands.

Cara walked out of the room with Aiden behind her, she turned off the lights behind her in order to not give her teacher extra charges in the month. She knew teachers weren't paid as much as they made it seem. As Aiden sat down, she walked into the kitchen. "Mr.Burton, thank you so much." Cara said in a low voice. Looking around at the kitchen, her hunger made itself more apparent."Is there anyway I can help?" She asked. Even though she wasn't going to be there for a long time, Cara didn't want to be a burden.

User Image

Spencer Burton
                                                        english teacher

"Don't worry about it," Spencer replied when Caralyn walked in. "You can turn on the tv, if your brother wants to watch something."

He set down the dishes and poured two glasses of milk for Caralyn and Aiden. He knew how important dairy was for youths. For himself, he poured himself a glass of wine. A glass of wine a day keeps the doctor away. At the sound of the oven bell, he took out the casserole, garlic bread, and fruit salad. "Dinner is served," he announced and took a seat.

After a while he said to her, "So, will I see you at school tomorrow?" He kept a light tone, still trying to convince her to go back to school but not wanting to scare her away.

Beloved Fatcat

Cαrαlyɴ Edмυɴdѕ

User Image

Cara nodded after a few seconds of hesitation and turned on the tv for her little brother. Once dinner was set out, she made sure Aiden had everything he needed first before taking a seat. She stared at the milk that had condensation on the glass that contained it, she drank half of it in one gulp. Cara wasn't a big fan of milk, but she wasn't picky during times like this. She put food on Aiden's plate making sure not to spill any of it and told him not to make a mess. Finally she put a bit of everything on her plate.

Taking the first bite of her food, her eyes widened. It was her first actual food since she left her aunt's house. "This tastes really good!" Cara told her teacher enthusiastically. As he asked her about going back to school, her enthusiasm began to fade slightly. "Ah, no" She said with a hint of sadness. "Although I wish I could..." She added more to herself than to her teacher. She looked down at her plate, messing around with the few bites of casserole she had left.

ooc: sorry about the short post >w<

User Image

Spencer Burton
                                                        english teacher

"Thanks," Spencer replied to her comment on the food. It was about the only thing he could make. He wasn't a good cook so he thought the food would be bland at best, but it seemed like he outdid himself. Or at least his guests enjoyed it. He was flattered and so he piled some on his plate and began eating.

His happiness quickly went away when she said no. He frowned at her response. "No, but you wish you could?" He paused, thinking about her response. So it was true, something was preventing her from going back to school. Well, whatever it is, he promised himself that he would do whatever it takes to help her overcome the obstacle so she could go to school again.

"And why can't you come back?" he asked in a gentle tone, hoping the deliciousness of the casserole will convince her to be open and honest with him.

ooc: Sorry for the late reply!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff