Welcome to Gaia! ::

shoo. <3

User Image

mmmmmmmhayden liettemmmmmmmm

<-- ghost of what should be

<-- eighteen

<-- toy soldier

<-- anything that sparkles. (;

<-- animated smile
        User Image

User Image

mmmmmmmrozalyn maymaree pentinmmmmmmm

victimized and isolated best friend
                                                                      eighteen
                                                                      barbie doll
                                                                      regal violet
                                                                      xeameri

User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image
Today was the day. Rozalyn just knew it from the moment she woke up that morning. Today was going to be absolutely perfect. All she did today just get herself prettied up for the night. Her envision of her graduation night was unveiling just like she wanted it to. Her hair was lightly curled and brought back into an updo, her ears were adorn by diamond chandelier earrings, her dark-blue eyes were brought out by a charcoal-colored eyeliner along with a dazzling shade of brown shimmer, her feet wore gorgeous silver stilettos that even Cinderella would wish to have, and a long, flowy, blue dress to top everything off. Rozalyn never felt so pretty in her life. Everything was turning out so perfectly, she knew that today would be the best day of her life.

”Sweetie!” Rozalyn’s head swiftly snapped out of the daze she was in and saw her mother there with a big smile on her face. ”Let me take a picture of you!” In her mom’s hands, held one of the most lamest disposable cameras she’s ever seen. But that’s how her mother was, old fashioned. Rozalyn lightly laughed. ”Wait one second, okay?” She picked up a nice chilled glass of tequila that was just sitting there, calling out her name. In less than a second, her mother snatched the delectable beverage out of her grasp. ”You promised no drinks today. You don‘t want to look all sauced for the dance.” That Rozalyn could agree with. No more drinking. Well, not until everyone was on board with it.

She grumbled lowly but got back into her cheerful spirit right after. ”Okay, okay! I just need to put my necklace on and then I‘ll be your little model.” She took the simple silver chain and pendant and wrapped the pretty ornament around her neck. Rozalyn wore this everyday ever since she got it. It was special to her. It was this special to her because it was given to her by the one true friend she’s ever had, Hayden. Rozalyn met him at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting when she was sixteen. Her mother made her go there because of her extreme addiction to alcohol. She really thought it was stupid. Well, until she met Hayden of course. He made her smile, he made her laugh, he was her shoulder to lean on. She never really had that in her life before then. Before, Rozalyn felt so alone, like she couldn’t talk to anyone about anything.

Hayden really was most amazing friend she’s ever had. That why she wanted him to be her date for the graduation dance. Indeed, Rozalyn had a loving boyfriend of eight months. In fact, she was falling in love her boyfriend, Darren but she knew that it would be best that she go with Hayden instead. Her and Darren talked about it too and he said that it would be completely fine. Rozalyn loved how understanding and caring he could be.

A random bright flash of light went in her eyes, making her flinch. ”Mom! I wasn‘t ready yet.” Rozalyn whined as her mom laughed. ”I can‘t wait to send that one to all my friends! But this time, can you give me a smile?” She awkwardly smiled at the camera, as another flash went off. Rozalyn was extremely camera shy. None of her pictures ever turned out quite like she wanted them to. Her mom continued to have the bothersome smirk on her face while taking more snapshots. ”What mom? Stop looking at me like that!” She embarrassingly covered her face. Rozalyn had enough of pictures for today. ”Come on! One more picture! For me please.” Her mother begged. Rozalyn looked away, trying not to look at the want in her mom’s eyes. But that only lasted for a moment. She sighed as she had to admit defeat. Rozalyn actually tried to pose this time and her mother smiled in delight as the last flash went off.

Rozalyn walked off into the kitchen and grabbed her small clutch that held only her cell phone. That was all it could really fit inside there. She speed-dialed Hayden’s number in her phone. Usually he always picked up after the first two rings. But two rings went to three. And three turned to four. And finally the voicemail came up. It was strange but it was probably because he was busy getting ready for the big night. So Rozalyn hung up and tried again. The same thing happened. She repeated this series five times straight until the robotic voicemail voice started to get to her. Rozalyn gave up the fight with the phone and just decided to leave a message. ”Uhh… Hey Hayden! You haven‘t been picking up the phone. But you‘re probably trying to get ready right now. So, I‘ll leave you be. And don‘t worry! All the other guys have to wear suits too. I can‘t wait to see you! Bye.” Right after she hung up, cell phone started to ring, which practically made her jump. She was expecting it to be Hayden calling her back so she rapidly answered the call. ”Hi baby cakes!” Rozalyn laughed. It was Darren. ”Hey babe.” She wondered why he called. Maybe it was one of those calls where he just wanted to hear the sound of her voice. ”Your friend just called and said that me and you should go to the dance together!” She smile brightened up. Until she remembered he wasn’t picking up her calls. ”Really? But Hayden wasn‘t picking up my calls just now.” ”He probably doesn‘t want you to go call him and try to make him change his mind. He said he didn’t want to get in between what me and you have. Hayden, he‘s such a good friend.” That was completely understandable. Hayden was like that, always giving so much that she never even asked for. ”That‘s so sweet of him! I love you.” ”You‘ll love me even more when I tell you that I got us a hotel room just for the two of us after the dance and…”

From behind her back in her living room, Rozalyn heard the television over the sound of her boyfriend’s voice. It was the local news which really didn’t interest her. But before she could tune back into her phone call, something happened to catch her ears. ”Breaking news! Suicide by the train tracks tonight. We just got word that the body of this teen was local eighteen year old, Hayden Liette…” Her body completely froze. It felt as though she couldn’t breath anymore. She turned around and slowly paced towards the television as she watched in utter shock. ”He died upon impact. What a tragic thing to happen. Graduation won‘t be the same without him.” Rozalyn felt as though someone was ripping apart her heart from the inside of her chest. She didn’t even notice her mom walking in and telling Darren to call her back. She felt her mom trying to comfort her, rubbing her shoulders, giving her hugs, telling her ‘everything’s going to be okay’. But none of that got through to her mind. This couldn’t be happening. All her thoughts were drained out of her mind. All of her emotions died out. She felt nothingness.

During the graduation, she sat in her chair, looking at the floor. Rozalyn almost missed her name being called. People had to tell her to get up and accept the certificate. At the very end when all the names were called out they gave out a short dedication her best friend. He couldn’t be dead though, he couldn’t be. It must be a mistake, a horrible mistake. And nothing happened to him to make him commit suicide. This couldn’t be true. At the dance, she just continued to sit there and stare at the ground. ”Come! Let‘s dance baby cakes! I know this is your favorite song!” The words didn’t go through her mind. It all just sounded like echoes and reverbs. She a corkscrew and the bottle of wine placed neatly on the table and walked over to the washrooms without a sound. Rozalyn just ignored whatever mumbles that came out of Darren’s mouth.

Rozalyn locked the washroom door and tucked herself away into the largest stall. Then all her emotions finally kicked in. Tears poured from her eyes and black droplets stained her dress. Her best friend was dead. ”Why… Why did you have to do this now?!” She took the corkscrew and popped open the bottle of wine. ”You are my best friend! I… I still need you!” She started drinking the wine straight from the bottle. Rozalyn didn’t give a ******** for anything anymore. Why did you kill yourself for?! What did I do wrong!?” Her sobbing became heavy. She didn’t know what to do anymore without Hayden. Rozalyn took the corkscrewed beside her and forcefully jabbed it in her stomach. She tried not to scream at the pain, but she let out small ‘ouch’s. When the pain became unbearable, she quickly took the weapon out of her and saw crimson blood. She knew the wound was painful but not enough to die from. Rozalyn curled into a ball and kept sobbing. ”Hayden… I miss you.”
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces