Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
TonyStark

------------------

Tony situated himself in the car and had managed to get a pretty decent look of it before he he had gotten in. It was a pretty snazzy piece of machinery not just in appearance but in performance as well. Judging by the lack of exhaust, it was a fully electric car, but it still had some kick. He had always assumed that electric cars could only achieve the speed of a golf cart. "I've got to admit, I'm impressed." He said before melting further into the seat. He took this moment to further evaluate Autumn's change in attire. "Oh, and the car's nice too."

He figured it was just coincidence that Autumn had chosen to color coordinate with her car, but he didn't mind in the least. It was like being part of a ritzy car commercial. Besides, she looked stunning in her little dress and he had nothing negative to say. In fact, he almost felt too casual in his dark wash jeans and brown long-sleeved shirt. He supposed it was ideal for comfort, since he was just released from the hospital, but he felt like something of a bum in front of Autumn. Luckily, Pepper had packed a pair of his maroon aviator sunglasses, which he slipped on immediately. He had always thought they enhanced his image. "What, Pepper? Yeah, she's a good assistant when she's not being difficult." He said with a shrug. Tony knew that Pepper only pestered him for his own good, but like any rebellious child he often found it bothersome. Then again, he'd probably otherwise be in the gutter by now.

((Awesome car~! 8D ))
SteveRogers

------------------

Steve listened intently, leaning forward to further show that his attention was fully hers. He was tempted place a hand on her knee to comfort her, but he decided that given the subject it may not have been appropriate. Any sort of extensive contact may have been seen as him trying to "move in on her" and trying to take advantage of her emotionally vulnerable state. This couldn't be further from the truth; yes, Steve had feelings for Cosette, but he couldn't think of hurting her further by doing such a thing. What type of person would?

"I think I've heard about him before. He was an honorable man and soldier." From what Steve could remember from reports, Sean Cassidy had died while trying to save a plane of passengers. Unfortunately, both had perished, but it was still a valiant example of self sacrifice. It was admirable, to say the least. "It's tough losing someone like that. There one moment and gone the next. You're a strong woman to be able to keep fighting." Steve flashed a small, almost apologetic smile. He hadn't lost his friends and family in quite the same way, but it was no less sudden or tragic. Most of them, however, he had the solace of knowing the carried on normal lives after his disappearance and had peaceful deaths. The only exception to that was Bucky, who's death still haunted him. It was hard to think about, especially when there was someone else in the room.

(( Omg while I was typing this "Fall to Pieces" by Avril Lavigne came up on my iPod, I didn't even know she was still in my music library. It's mushy but it kind of fits. D: ))
MariePendleton

------------------

Marie leaned her back against the closest wall and held her left arm with her right. It was nice to know she had the option of turning to someone if she so needed, but openness wasn't something normally practiced by the reclusive. She chose instead to ignore problems and act jubilant or numb, whichever felt best. Talking about her issues just seemed negative, that and it felt like a bother to others. It may not have been healthy, but it was how she had managed.

She had been staring at her feet for the longest time, then suddenly looked over at Thor. "Me? Purpose? That's meant for the fateful." She said with a small laugh, indicating that the thought of her having a notable destiny was silly. Purpose was meant for the heros, the revolutionists, not the scientists who lived in quaint apartments, mutant powers or not. If she ever progressed beyond S.H.I.E.L.D she'd be amazed. "If anything, I'd like to think I'm here to lift the spirits of others. Nothing extravagant, but still essential." Marie sometimes thought this to be a bit dismal, but she had come to accept it. If she was anything, she was painfully modest. A smile then found its way to her features. "But, I got to be friends with you, the thunder god. And that's pretty cool in itself."
(( Alrighty, I don't know if I'll be on then. If I'm not, I'll reply tomorrow. (: ))

Bashful Gaian

5,400 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image
Autumn Wayne
User Image

Autumn laughed gleefully as Tony complemented her and the car. She wasn't an attention seeker, but it was nice to show of to her billionaire-superhero crush and receive the occasional attention. "Well, someone's got to keep you in line," Autumn teased as she continued to drive.

It was nice driving like this with someone, with Tony, and just being herself. Autumn was guarded, secretive, and a self-prescribed loner. She had social skills, but rarely utilized them, and often preferred the company of just herself. As things had progressed at S.H.I.E.L.D. however, Autumn had realized that although she highly valued her privacy, she didn't want to be alone all of the time as she had originally thought. S.H.I.E.L.D. had been a (strange) unexpected gift.

"So, we have quite a bit before we arrive at Lilywood. Unfortunately both of my homes are far from S.H.I.E.L.D.'s headquarters no matter which one I go to. So, it's a twenty minute drive to JFK International Airport, then we'll have a half hour or so private flight up to Bondurant. It's still in New York and certainly a better trip than the one to Gotham. The house is a lot larger than Heriloom, but I think you'll like it."

((Haha! Thanks! biggrin I thought it would be perfect for her. Stylish but not too ritzy, and Eco-friendly too!
Btw, this is the area that Autumn's manor, Lilywood is located in. I named/created a fictional small town (Bondurant) that is the manor's location. It's at the very tip top of New York state if I've got my geography down. Lilywood is a hell of lot closer than Heriloom is. Heriloom is in Gotham which I decided would be located in another part of New York state which would require an hour's flight or more depending where you were.))

Bashful Gaian

5,400 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Nerd 50
((Would've had a longer post, but I wrote this between classes. You can timeskip so that they're on the plane or something. Maybe some more character development and relationship development? C smile )
(( Sounds good! Sorry that I haven't replied yet, I'll be able to reply tomorrow though. D: ))

Bashful Gaian

5,400 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Nerd 50
((It's cool! I'm sorry for putting out such a crappy post. I'm working on my other replies, but I don't know if I'll get them up before Friday night. I had school all day today, tons of homework, then work all night and just got home an hour ago. Tomorrow it's sort of the same deal, but I get off a little earlier. I'll definitely get a reply in this weekend though! I can be patient for your response too, so no worries! :3))
TonyStark

------------------

Whoops I accidently edited this with my new post. Ignore it~

Bashful Gaian

5,400 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image
Cosette LeBeau
User Image

"Thank you, Steve." Cosette was taken back by how quickly the conversation had deviated from it's original purpose to this. She had brought up Sean as more of a point, but it was nice to talk about it to someone who had nothing to do with the past's events. She smiled softly, placing her hand on Steve's knee.

At that moment, Cosette wasn't sad and heartbroken about the topic... it was more bittersweet. She wanted to curl up in Steve's lap and just simply talk with him. About anything actually. Forget their fight for the time being and address it later. It had only been a short while, but Cosette had begun to realize her feelings for Steve were strong and genuine-- something she hadn't experienced since Sean's passing. "I'm sorry we fought, and although it's a bit shameful for me to do so, Sean was an example for my point. Please, forgive me for being rude."

((HOLY COW! I haven't heard Falling to Pieces, but I looked the lyrics up and it's PERFECT. Dang, coincidence.))

Bashful Gaian

5,400 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image
Thor

"I am here if you need to speak with someone." Thor offered. "I know it is forward, but my offer is made in honesty."

"Lifting the spirits of others is important. It's the most important job of all; to give hope to those who need it most." Thor smiled as he spoke in a sagely manner. "It is excellent to hear that you have found you purpose. Do you have time to yourself today? I would very much like to speak with you more."

((Ugh, sorry this is short. I've had such a PACKED week and weekend. Did you wanna come up with anything specific for Thor and Marie with me? C smile )
SteveRogers

------------------

Steve knew that Cosette's intentions for bringing up Sean were pure. The impression a fallen one left was a poignant one, and it did make for a convincing argument. Though, he had almost forgotten what their dispute was even over. Battle tactics, was it? Something like that. It felt irrelevant at this point, so he was able to easily forgive her. "It's alright, don't worry about it." He said with a small, reassuring smile. Smiling did feel a bit wrong in the situation considering the subject, but he wanted to convey that everything was alright. He never was the most graceful socially.

He glanced down to see her hand on his knee, then absentmindedly placed his hand on top of hers. Their relationship had felt awkward to him at first, because of his inexperience and ignorance of modern social norms, but he was beginning to feel much more natural. Maybe someday (hopefully soon) he wouldn't seem like a floundering fool in front of her. "It's hard losing someone, and I understand it can be hard to bring that up in front of others. I'm, well, honored that you feel comfortable enough with me to do so." Steve admired Cosette's ability to acknowledge such tragedies, it was surely something he lacked. He had never truly before mentioned his departed friends, and he couldn't see why he would. As anyone in S.H.I.E.L.D could note, Steve wasn't the most open individual.

(( I know right? Gotta love the shuffle feature on iPods lol. ))
MariePendleton

------------------

Marie considered Thor's question and tried to remember what she had been scheduled for that day. All of her works in the scientific branch were "discontinued until further notice." In other words, they didn't trust her yet with the alien supplies. It offended her that S.H.I.E.L.D would be suspicious of something that ultimately wasn't her fault, but she assumed they would have her case cleared in about a week. For now, she was stuck with monotonous things, like cleaning debris. "Uh, yeah. I'm free whenever. Now, later... Whatever's best." Of course she wasn't truly free, she still had plenty of work to do. But who would notice? This was all just busy work anyway.

"I could show you around New York if you want. Maybe if you get more acquainted with it, Fury will let you outside every once in a while. Anywhere in particular you wanna go?" Marie wasn't entirely confident in potentially having to patrol Thor in the streets of New York, though she trusted he wouldn't be spooked by anything or get lost. He had gotten this far, right? Besides, she needed an excuse to get out of headquarters. It seemed like she couldn't walk down the hall without being glared at. It was awkward, to say the least.

(( No problem, school sucks. D: I can't think of anything substantial, but I thought maybe Marie could act as a tour guide for Thor around the city, or just to one specific place? ))

Bashful Gaian

5,400 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image
Autumn Wayne
User Image

"I don't drink, but I'll take a San Pellegrino Aranciata Rossa." Autumn replied. She had busied herself for a moment with some arrangements that needed to be made before her and Tony's arrival at Lilywood. Glancing up, she noted that the San Pellegrino was nowhere in sight, and to avoid confusion she stood and served herself. "Is there anything particular you'd like to do at Lilywood? It's a small town, I'll warn you, so there aren't as many things to do as there are in the city. But, it's a pleasant pleasant place."

((Sorry it's short. I'm thinking the rest of the Avengers will make a show later on at the invitation of Autumn after her and Tony's time is spent together. Aaaaaand, maybe Autumn's father can show up and it'll be awkward. XD))
TonyStark

------------------

Tony wasn't familiar with the drink Autumn requested so he relied on labels to get him by. Unfortunately this failed him, but all was well again when Autumn found the drink for herself. It looked nice enough and he had no doubt that it must have tasted good. What truly impressed him though, besides the name of the drink itself, was the mention of Autumn's sobriety. He admired the notion of not drinking yet at the same time couldn't imagine it. It must have just been a quirk of his.

As she spoke, he sipped at his scotch. He could think of numerous things to keep them occupied at the house, though for the sake of etiquette he mentioned none of them. Let's see; no city meant no clubs, so that was out, racing suburbanites in tricked-out cars would be too easy, so again, no... Suddenly, a thought came to him. "You got a nice house, right?" Tony had no real reason to ask, because he knew the answer was yes, so he went on. "We could have a little party with the other Avengers. Y'know, celebrate the victory and whatnot. I can pay for damages." He didn't expect the Avengers to cause too much of a raucous because it wasn't his house, which they seemed to have no problem trashing. They were polite when they wanted to be.

"But that can be later. For now we can rest up, maybe snuggle by the fire." He spoke in his usual sarcastic manner, then casually went to drink his scotch again. For all of the teases and jokes he made, he did want to be able to pull himself together again. And, in the meantime, if he got to spend some time with Autumn he was more than welcoming to it.

(( lol No problem. That sounds good, I can imagine Autumn's dad coming into the middle of the party and just being like "... what." haha ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff