Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
SteveRogers

------------------

Steve looked over the girl again, now that he was able to see her features clearly. Oh, it was Cosette! He hadn't really spoken to her in the past and only knew bits and pieces of her history. Come to think of it, all he really knew about her was that she was a translator. For whatever reason, she was a fairly low-key member of S.H.I.E.L.D and the only reason he was aware of her was because he felt obligated to at least know the names of everyone in the agency. It was a mystery to him as to why she was kept in the corner most of the time, considering how many different languages were exchanged in the headquarters alone. Perhaps it was because those that spoke similar languages kept within their own groups, so translations weren't needed. In that case, foreign affairs would be the only work she got, and those were few and far between these days.

Seeing her apologetic nature, Steve's smile widened. Such manners were so lost these days! Or maybe she was just still groggy from sleep. Either way, it was appreciated. He shrugged. "You aren't in my way, I was just becoming acquainted with the new recruits. I think I've got it down." He gestured to the clipboard he had placed on the chair before grabbing it once again. He didn't want her to get the impression that he was too busy or important to converse, so he dismissed his work. He figured that he had reread the sheet enough times by now anyway (though there really wasn't any such thing as reviewing something too much).

"And uh, I don't mind spending some time with a pretty dame." Steve said this with his same smile, but he quickly caught himself and shook his head. "Er, I mean, a pretty girl. Not dame. Sorry about that." Steve often forgot that women in the present didn't like being called dames, and even back in his day they didn't particularly like it. If it slipped out, he never meant it in a derogatory way, but still he felt inclined to apologize. He wouldn't want to be seen as a disrespectful man, because he wasn't. Old habits die hard. His nerves were getting the better of him now, and his face turned slightly red again. He swept his hand through his hair in an effort to calm himself down.

"So, uh, anyway..." Steve began, trying to deter from the previous subject. "My name is Steve Rogers, or you might know my alias better, Captain America." Steve still assumed that most agents weren't aware of him as a person, so he often introduced himself this way. Again, it wasn't a way to boast about himself, just to reveal who he was. "And you're Cosette, if I'm correct. Pleasure to meet you, miss."

Bashful Gaian

5,400 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image
Cosette LeBeau
User Image

Cosette listened as Steve explained himself. She felt that she had some explaining to do herself, but couldn't think of a positive way to explain it. After all saying something along the lines of 'I'm lonely and bored here, and I have no friends. So, I read until I fall asleep in random chairs' was not a flattering presentation. She nodded acknowledging the clipboard as Steve pointed to it. "I'm surprised I have not seen you more often then. They have me recruited as a-- well, as a special unit. But, I have went through some training. With the X-Men along with some additional, useful training here. Perhaps I could work with you sometime, no?" Seceretly, Cosette wished to just get another chance with the young man. True, she had been trained extensively, but had a more pacifist personality than Fury would have liked.

"Oui, that's right; Cosette LeBeau. She responded, smiling again. "It's a pleasure to meet you." She let a small laugh escape her as Steve apolgized quickly at calling her 'dame'. Cosette herself was old fashioned, despite the era she lived in, and she welcomed Steve's manners and habits. He really was a sweet thing, not at all brash and forward like most of the men Cosette met. "It is quite alright, monsieur. You don't have to worry, you have not offended me."

Cosette paused for a moment, unsure of whether she was being forward or not. Typically, the young woman was shy and quiet-- nothing like her famous father, Gambit. "Forgive me if I'm forward, but may I accompany you if you need to go somewhere. It has been brief, but I like your company."

((Goodness, forgive me. emotion_sweatdrop I'm getting caught up with Cap-- I'm getting all sappy thinking of what cute dates he and Cosette would go on if they got together. emotion_kirakira ))

SteveRogers

------------------

Steve looked over Cosette again. She was with the X-Men? He had heard rumors that they were a brutal group when it came to training and all around fighting. His disbelief that such a seemingly frail girl could survive that may have shown his true age again. It wasn't that strong women were a foreign concept in the past, but they were usually burly and masculine. Cosette looked to be the opposite of that; blonde, thin, soft-spoken weren't the first things that came to Steve's mind when he thought "fighter." But, this future surprised him everyday, so he was willing to believe that she was able to hold her own in a fight. What intrigued him more was that she was a part of the X-Men, also known in layman's terms the mutant super-group. Mutants had powers, right? He was curious as to what exactly her power was, maybe enchantment? It would be fitting with her delicate appearance. He refrained from asking, having assumed it was rude to ask about this so suddenly and without getting to know her more first. Mutants were always a mystery to him, and he never knew what exactly would tick them off.

Steve felt relieved that she didn't seem to be offended by his dated vocabulary. It had been a while since he slipped up, and the last time he had it was not pleasant. If he remembered correctly, a one-sided argument had erupted in which he stayed either silent or he profusely apologized. It was extremely awkward, let alone humiliating. He was glad to see that such a horrific event had been avoided this time around. Naturally, this made him feel much more at ease. Come to think of it, Cosette just seemed to be an easy person to be around. She seemed nice and polite, sort of like himself. He hoped she didn't face as much difficulty communicating with others as he did, though.

He was caught off guard when she asked to tag along with him, and it showed slightly in his expression. Though surprising, it was also very flattering. After only talking with him a few moments, she already wanted to accompany him. Perhaps his communication skills were improving. "I don't necessarily have anywhere to go right now." Steve admitted with a small sigh. No, wait! He was supposed to come up with something, wasn't he? His honesty would betray him again, it seemed. Steve thought quickly. "But I'm kind of hungry, so if you wanted we could go to the cafeteria and get some lunch Is that alright?" He smiled again and offered his arm to her if she wanted to take it. Even if he was dreadfully awkward with women, he would still be a gentleman.

((lol Don't worry about it. I'm sure Steve would take her on all sorts of sweet yet awkward dates. wink ))

Bashful Gaian

5,400 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image
Cosette LeBeau
User Image

Cosette hoped that she had not frightened Steve with her mutant status. She was suddenly aware that not everyone was at peace with mutants, and the idea that they existed, let alone the X-Men's existence in itself, wasn't always the best topic for conversation. The burden that had seemed to weigh Cosette down in the past, as with so many like her, returned after this revelation occurred. But the young woman smiled and carried on. Even if Steve wasn't exactly comfortable with the idea, he was still polite and a gentleman. And she was safe here at S.H.I.E.L.D. for the time being.

"Would you really?" Cosette asked with a spark enthusiasm. She wasn't monotone when speaking, but she was definitely on the quieter and gentler side of the personality spectrum.

"I would love to, monsieur Rogers." Cosette's heart skipped a cliched beat. Maybe the two could become acquaintances. Cosette had been lonely for the extended time that she had been relocated to S.H.I.E.L.D. and the organization had seemed to make it her job to keep her isolated. It was bad enough that she had been removed from society, but this had been cruel. Cosette took Steve's arm gracefully and accompanied him, a smile on her face.

When they arrived at the cafeteria, Cosette ordered lunch and sat down with Steve, "So, please, tell me about yourself." She bit her lip nervously for a moment. "I always hear the amazing stories of you as Captain America, but if it's not forward, I'd like to get to know Steve Rogers. Perhaps you can get to know me as well." Cosette added with a smile, indicating that it was alright if Steve asked whatever questions that he thought of.

((*swoon*))
SteveRogers

------------------

Steve quickly ordered his own lunch, two hotdogs smothered in mustard and relish, and took a seat with Cosette. He knew it wasn't a very healthy lunch, but with his excelorated metabolism it didn't seem to matter much anyway. But more than the taste, he enjoyed hotdogs because they made him nostalgic. He associated them with baseball games and his old home in New York, and the memories of these places were always positive. At the same time, it usually made him want to go to a baseball game, and it seemed harder these days to attend a professional one. He had gone with the other Avengers once and it was fine, but when he tried to go separately he found the new stadiums confusing and everything was so expensive that he ran out of money trying to buy a soda. The fans seemed to have gotten more violent, too.

Returning his attention to Cosette, he sat up straight and looked attentive. He was flattered to hear his stories as Captain America be called "amazing," even if he had been complimented on them before. He could be complimented a thousand times over on it and he would still humbly smile and feel embarrassed. What flattered him more, though, was that she wanted to hear about the man behind the costume. It wasn't extremely rare that people were curious, but it was rare enough that it came as a small surprise. He thought a moment before responding. "I'm not all that exciting." He said with a small shrug of his shoulders. He looked down at his hands, which were folded on the table, then back up at her. "Just a kid from New York, grew up loving baseball and my country. I tried for years to get into its army, but they wouldn't have me until, well, you know." He chuckled then and extended his arms out, as if to show his transformation from the Super Soldier experiment (though there was no visible comparison in sight). Honestly, he was at a lost as to what to say. As a person, he never found himself all that interesting. Being well mannered and in his nineties (though no one would guess it) wasn't something to exactly boast about. If it weren't for being a hero, he suspected that people wouldn't be as apt to admire him.

A small silence passed between them as Steve grasped at more things to say about himself. Upon realizing how awkward this must have seemed, he flashed a small smile. "So..." He trailed off in search of something to say. Think Rogers, think! He gave up on focusing on himself, so he looked to Cosette for inspiration. He could ask about her job, but it seemed too impersonal for a proper discussion. Or maybe it was fine for these days. Social conventions could be so confusing! He rubbed the back of his neck. "I've noticed your accent, I'm guessing you're French?" He finally said, then allowed himself to lean back against the chair.

He was still tempted to ask about her powers, because he knew so little on mutants. Perhaps he just missed the perfect opportunity, but he didn't want to sound rude. But women liked when men were a little daring, right? But what if she was offended? Were mutants offended by being asked about mutants? Did they even like being called mutants? It was a whole new sector of social life that he had yet to explore. He drummed his fingers on the table as he weighed out the options in his head. It was worth a shot. "What do you do? I mean, your powers. Uh, what are they?" He asked suddenly, so suddenly that it almost surprised him. Noticing that his could be rude, he retracted. "Um, my apologies. I'm just very curious."

Bashful Gaian

5,400 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image
Cosette LeBeau
User Image

"I don't think you give yourself enough credit. You're a hero, and I won't deny that. But, everyone seems so focused on the hero aspect that they forget you're a person too-- not just some idea." Cosette complemented with a smile. "I like that you're modest thought. You're down to earth, kind, honest, and you haven't let it get to your head."

Cosette shook her head at Steve's question. "Actually, I'm American. I'm from New York too. Unfortunately, the light accent seems to throw others off, and I lived in France for a few years. It's been difficult speaking entirely in English ever since. As for my abilities and mutant status,"Cosette laughed lightly, "please don't be afraid to ask any questions. I'm more than happy to answer them. It's a bit of a lengthy explanation to describe what I can do."

She pointed to herself, making a circle with her finger."My body constantly generates bio-kinetic energy and so, it's perfectly constructed for constant motion. This results in my heightened stats in strength, agility, felxibility, coordination, balance, endurance, and dexterity. Fury described this as nature's way of creating an early version of a super soldier. I'm not sure I agree, but that's his opinion. The bio-kinetic energy also creates static which shields my mind from psychics which is a nice added bonus."

Cosette next took her water glass in her hand and looked to Steve. "I also have the ability to take the potential energy stored in an object and convert it to visible kinetic energy. This 'glow' is that converted kinetic energy. The result is highly explosive." The glow faded and Cosette removed her hand. "But, I can always revert the energy back to it's original state so that it does not explode. The larger the item, the longer it takes to charge, and the power of the explosion is dependent on the mass of the object. For example, a simple playing card has the explosive force of a grenade." Cosette paused to let it sink in, taking a sip of water. "I can also accelerate an object's kinetic energy instead of converting it's potential energy and give it more force. Like charging a Bo staff and being able to level a house. But, I'm not as skilled in that area. Hopefully I'm not overwhelming you or anything. I know some people find it frightening. Please, tell me if I ever make you uncomfortable with the whole 'mutant' thing." She gave him an earnest, slightly worried look, but smiled in the end. Cosette seemed to be a generally happy person.

((Sorry it's a lot for her. It's all of what Gambit can do basically, except for a few things.))
SteveRogers

------------------

Steve remained quiet during the entire explanation. His focus was drawn on his face and written in his body language, as he was sitting forward and leaning on his elbows. It was a lot to absorb all at once, he almost wanted to take notes on it. But, his mind was designed for memorizing much more complicated concepts, so he felt that he understood this one pretty well. During the briefing, he had concentrated so thoroughly that his mouth had become slightly agape. When she finished, however, he sat upright again and promptly closed his mouth. He preferred to not look like a trout, if he could avoid it.

"That's incredible, really." He said with a bewildered grin. It truly was impressive that such an unassuming woman could hold such power. His initial impression of her being a dainty, helpless damsel, but that certainly didn't seem to be the case. This must have been an advantage to her on the battle field. He could imagine it now; a big bad guy comes barreling down the street, then stops when he sees her. He either stops out of confusion or to laugh, then while he's distracted, BAM. She defeats him in one fell swoop! It was like something out of a movie, and it must have been a sight to see. Apparently though S.H.I.E.L.D kept her cooped up in the base, for whatever reason. If what she said was true, then she must have been a valuable asset on the field. So why keep her inside? It didn't make very much sense to him at all. There must have been some sort of explanation; Fury was a strategic man. Whether or not Cosette was aware of why they kept her from being active was the only obstacle now. If she did know, then he could ask, and if she didn't, then his journey ended there. Unless he wanted to ask Fury himself, but that didn't seem likely. Still, Steve didn't want to pry, so he kept that to himself for now.

He perked up a bit when he heard the term "super soldier." It was always a place of discussion for Steve, whether it was pleasant or not. He chuckled. "A super soldier... I guess you're part of the club, then." He couldn't recall from where, but he had heard that mutants were the next evolutionary stage for humans. If that was the case, then Cosette could very well be considered super soldier of sorts. Even though Steve usually associated the term with rather unnatural means, he could learn to expand his definition. "But I think you're a better version. I mean, you were composed from nature, you were meant for it. I was made into what I am from science." He sighed, then continued. "I don't mean to say I wasn't meant for it either, but it wasn't natural." Steve felt a bit embarrassed as he tried to be philosophical. It wasn't his usual style, but it was appropriate. Well, he assumed it was appropriate.

(( It's fine, now everything is cleared up on her powers so it's cool. 8D ))

Bashful Gaian

5,400 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image
Cosette LeBeau
User Image

"Thank you, I don't get a lot of compliments like that." Cosette blushed brightly, shyly looking away. It was nice not being called a freak or monster by someone. Not everyone viewed her that way, but Cosette had certainly run into enough people who didn't like her for that sole reason. "I'm not a fighter, but it would be nice to do my part. I loved my job before all of this, but I miss fighting for the cause I believe in. I lost track of that a long time ago. Now, for the time being, I've lost my chance- even though I am 'part of the club'." The young woman smiled, assuring Steve he hadn't offended her throughout the conversation.

"By the, way, how is it being an Avenger? It's not the X-Men, but there are similarities. Everyone's unique in some way, and you are a team. I can imagine it's not always the most enticing idea to go out and fight, but it's a purpose- and a good one at that."

((Sorry for the shortness. I'm working on a Thor post, but I'm having trouble thinking of how to introduce him.))
SteveRogers

------------------

Steve noticed Cosette blush and laughed to himself. He had to admit, it was pretty cute. It had been a while since he had made a girl blush. The last occurrence he could recall was back when he first started donning the uniform and was the "star spangled man with a plan." He wasn't considered a hero then, more of a decorated celebrity, so the whole moment was bittersweet. But this was under different circumstances. She seemed to genuinely enjoy his presence, at least he believed so. It was certainly appreciated.

"Being an Avenger is nice, there's a lot of respect earned for it." He said in response to her next question. Steve was never one to boast, though he had to confess that they were an extraordinary team. They had saved the world on several occasions and took on numerous other threats (though smaller in scale). He wasn't sure if they lived up to the motto they had been given as "Earth's mightiest heroes," but they were all strong in their own right. So strong in fact that Steve sometimes questioned his own place on the team. He was skilled, but the others had suits and powers and flew around and all of that fancy nonsense. These sorts of thoughts only plagued him a short while, however, before he felt proud of how far he had come. He was protecting his country now, wasn't he? And he was reluctant to admit it but he had many admirers that looked up to him. Even if he didn't necessarily had powers, he was still a relevant part of the team. Besides, Natasha and Clint had even less of an advantage than he did, and they were getting on fine. So he had no reason to feel bad for himself.

He took a sip of his water before returning his attention to Cosette. "I don't mind the fighting too much, our missions are always for a good cause. It's all about protecting those you care about and your home." Steve's definition of the word "home" had expanded since his days in the military. Before, it was about his own country and his own kind, and he would gladly take down anyone who threatened that. Any other country almost seemed irrelevant to him, because they were not his own. Since entering the "future," he had come to realize that protecting just for the sake of his own country was selfish. His loyalty now extended to all peoples who sought freedom and to be righteous, not just those in America. All that being said, America was still his favorite country.

((The shortness is fine. (: And to introduce him you could just have him wander around, then maybe stumble into a random room or something lol.))

Bashful Gaian

5,400 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Nerd 50
User Image
Cosette LeBeau
User Image

"I couldn't agree more." Cosette nodded in agreement, pausing to finish up her lunch. "If there's anything I'll fight for, it'll be for those close to me, and for what I believe in."[/color Cosette had a faraway look in her eyes for a moment, as if she were remembering old battles and allies. But a moment later she smiled and she seemed to have returned.

The telecom suddenly sounded off, making Cosette jump a little. Cosette LeBeau to Director Fury's office. Cosette LeBeau to Director Fury's office. An unhappy look crossed her face, as if she dreaded the very thought. "i'm sorry, you'll have to excuse me monsieur Rogers. I supposed I'm needed. It was wonderful speaking with you. I hope we get another chance to do so." With that, Cosette cleared her things and excused herself, waving happily to Steve.

((Okay, I hope to get a post for Thor here in a few days or less. Also, this post is filler. But, I'm thinking we can jump forward a few days or a week or so. I can bring in Autumn (who's so far proven herself pretty capable in Tony's eyes) and Thor. Maybe have some more interaction between everyone. Perhaps even Thor returns from somewhere, and it's announced for whatever reason that there's a new mission. And to Steve's surprise, Cosette is put on the team.))
(( Alright, sounds good. I'll get started on the time-jump posts then. I'll have everyone in the same room to make things easier. (: Oh and sorry for this empty post, I would have added it with a legitimate reply but I wanted to get back to you sooner on the plan.))

Bashful Gaian

5,400 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Nerd 50
Lucy S Diamonds
(( Alright, sounds good. I'll get started on the time-jump posts then. I'll have everyone in the same room to make things easier. (: Oh and sorry for this empty post, I would have added it with a legitimate reply but I wanted to get back to you sooner on the plan.))[

((That's fine dear. :3))/quote]
TonyStark

------------------

Tony sat in the black leather sofa of the Avenger's break room, head back and seemingly counting the tiles on the ceiling. Nothing amused him at the moment, from the flat screen television that perpetually played the news (and couldn't be turned off unless internally tampered with) to the complimentary buffet table. He didn't appreciate it, but the room reserved for the Avengers was rather nice in comparison to the general ones. Most were just white rooms with a corduroy upholstered couch and a microwave in the corner. And, to add insult to injury, their microwave was better. No, this one was complete with plush carpeting, wide windows, and just overall more space than the other rooms. Other agents of S.H.I.E.L.D often looked to this break room with envy, wondering what made the Avengers so damn special. Of course, that question always went unasked because the answer was always the same; they defended the Earth. The other agents did that too, but they did so on a smaller scale with many more people. Even with this understanding, there were still some resentments held. It was all very nice (especially holding such status over everyone else) but despite the luxuries it still exuded a strictly business atmosphere. While Tony could appreciate the time and place for business, he just wasn't in the mood. Then again, when it came to S.H.I.E.L.D, he was never in the mood.

Without a doubt, hanging around in this break room beat doing monotonous work back in the lab. Everyday was practically the same thing; work on a helicarrier design, submit it, then get an assignment to design another] one. By now, Tony assumed they didn't even look at the designs submitted and just got off on trapping him in the lab for most of his day. His new lab partner Autumn did help the days go by, though. She definitely helped with the workload, and she could be witty and offered intelligent conversation. In such a dull place, it was greatly appreciated. He had his doubts about her competence when she first joined S.H.I.E.L.D, and now he could safely say that those doubts were without reason. Within the past week, she had proven to be a worthy partner. As long as she didn't blow up the lab or something, he couldn't see himself firing her or requesting a replacement. (Even though explosions were somewhat common, and he often initiated them himself.)

He lifted his head only slightly to scan over the room. There weren't a lot of other people in the room at the moment; only Steve and that short girl from the biology sector. What was her name? Margaret, or something. He didn't pay much attention to biologists. She had a legitimate reason for being there, despite not being an Avenger, but again he couldn't remember why. Something to do with the coffee. Steve on the other hand was across from him in a comfy looking armchair. He was reading a Vanity Fair magazine, and from his expression he wasn't understanding it all too well. If there was one thing that Tony had to give him credit for it was his constant attempts to assimilate into modern society. For all of his effort, it never seemed to amount to much. At least it was entertaining for those around him to watch.

Tony was about to make conversation with Steve, but decided against it and let his head fall back again. He could have continued counting the ceiling tiles (he left off at fifty four) though his eyes soon closed and he sighed heavily. He wasn't quite asleep, just catatonically bored.

SteveRogers

------------------

Without distraction, Steve was fixated on his newly acquired Vanity Fair] magazine. It wasn't exactly his, just something he had been handed before a meeting earlier that week to "keep him occupied." Normally he wouldn't find interest in a beefy leaflet adorned with colorful images, but it seemed to represent the modern world rather well. After all, the young people were still reading these, right? The images ranged from beautiful, to inappropriate, and then to just downright strange. The cover was of a young model in a dress, for example, which was normal. A page turn in though showed a risque lingerie ad, one that he frantically flipped the pages to avoid. Then later, he found a page that showed some kind of line graph with pictures of shoes and dresses and faces and all sorts of things. He had tried for several minutes to make sense of it, but alas he couldn't and moved on. It was an enlightening read, but he couldn't say that he was learning anything applicable to life. Unless he was looking to coordinate shoes with belts, because there was an entire spread on that.

He glanced up only briefly but caught eyes with Tony, who shortly after had returned to looking at the ceiling. Even though he only looked at him for a second, Steve knew that Tony was mocking him in someway in his head. If they were in the same room, there was always some sort of insult floating around. The only surprise that came this time around was that Tony didn't vocalize anything. He must have been tired. The silence was a bit unsettling, and Steve felt almost concerned for Tony. But, in the end, he figured to appreciate the rare piece of mind he was achieving and not to tamper with it. Satisfied, he leaned further back into his chair.

Steve took this quiet time to let his mind wander. His mind never wandered far, however, and was always kept within a predictable realm of reality. Like now, he wondered how his new friend Cosette was. He hadn't seen or heard of her in a few days, she was always busy now. It was quite strange, considering before she was as busy as a room decoration. There must have been something going on that he wasn't aware of. Maybe Fury gave her a new assignment, or maybe she was transferred back to the X-Men. Or, if this Vanity Fair was correct, she was just avoiding him. He didn't think this was the case, but it was still something he feared. It was strange how fear made things seem relevant. He thought they were getting along pretty well, and then she just vanished. It was strange, suspicious even. He didn't want to let it bother him too much now; maybe he would go try to find her again later.

MariePendleton

------------------

Marie was sitting in the windowsill, a textbook of the "Badoon" alien species resting in her lap. It was a dry read, but she supposed that it was necessary. So far, she had read about their reptilian anatomy and their social behaviors. There was much more to the hefty textbook, but she didn't feel that there was much else she would need to know. If she was going to dissect one, then she was now acquainted with the layout of its body. Done. If she were to study a live specimen then maybe she could gain more insight on their habits, though they were larger than her and had established societies, so she doubted she would be given a microcosm of them to study. The next few chapters revolved around their molting cycles, technology, and political structures. Possibly important, but a dreadful thing to read. When did her initial zoology degree turn into this? It was interesting sometimes, but most of the time it was nothing but pointless research. Apparently, that was just part of being a scientist. She considered working on her own theories, though she had none of her materials with her. Her research was all back in her designated drawer in the lab. Under normal circumstances she would have simply gone and gotten the needed research, but she feared that if she left, Tony Stark would lock the door behind her and she wouldn't be able to get back inside.

She wasn't an Avenger, so her place in their break room was one to be rightfully questioned. The truth was that one of their clumsier biologists hadn't properly washed their hands after dissecting a specimen and went to use the coffee machine in the biology break room. There wasn't any guaranteed outbreak of some foreign disease, but the whole room was under quarantine and so were the biologists that were there at the time. Luckily, that had been one of her days off so she avoided quarantine. With her break room "out of order," she was able to go traveling around to the other ones, and she had heard that the Avengers break room was the best. Sure enough, it was. Her coworkers had been too intimidated to try this particular room out, so she ventured here almost as a dare. She had no regrets, though it was admittedly a bit awkward.

Setting her textbook aside, Marie hopped off the windowsill. If she was going to be in the epitome of all break rooms, then she was going to explore it a little bit. She scampered over to the kitchen area first, and what surprised her most was that it resembled an actual kitchen. Her break room only had an empty mini fridge, a microwave, and a coffee machine (obviously). But this place had a stove top, fully stocked fridge and cupboards, and everything else she had in the biology break room, only better. And, if she saw right, there was a small buffet on the way in. That was only a small part of this place, too! Marie smiled to herself and started up the coffee machine to make herself a cup.

"You aren't going to have our room quarantined too, are you?" Asked Tony from his same spot on the couch. His snarky sarcasm made Marie roll her eyes, but he was her superior, so she dared not retort in the same manner.

"No, not this time." She replied, not bothering to make eye contact. Thereafter he leaned back again and resumed ignoring her. She sighed and, in turn, went back to making her coffee.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff