Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygenic Dabbler

User Image

User Image
                                          The girl was sure her face was as pink as her hair when Hatter mentioned her doing something on purpose. She was hardly being naked on purpose! Technically he had been the one that did that to her. Huffing a soft sigh, as the boy placed his hand over hers. She immediately welcomed the warm feeling again, feeling the colour drain slightly from her face, although she was still quite embarrassed. Finally, he expained what she already figured. Them shrinking. Rolling her eyes softly, she laughed at the boy before speaking, "why don`t you let me know beforehand next time, mmn?" she proposed, giving his hand a soft squeeze. Her eyes then drifted curiously to the mouse hole and she scrunched her face softly, about to ask yet another question before the Hatter mentioned that she already asked too many. Biting her lip, she nodded her head. "I`ll work on that… but no promises!" she said with a smile, deciding not to ask how on earth a mouse hole could get them back to Wonderland -- or at least, to the tea party. She supposed they were already in Wonderland, even though it resembled some creepy, melted version of her home.

As they started on their journey, Zora had been slightly uptight, until she finally relaxed. Hatter was asking her about the drug and her "story". She was reluctant to tell him anything about herself, as she knew her life was less than glamorous. Oh yeah, I`m a junkie who never leaves my house… real great.. she thought, calculating her answer before finally giving it. "Yes.. I`ve tried a lot of drugs before, but nothing quite like this… that`s why I was having trouble deciding what was real or not, but I suppose I still am. There isn`t much to say about myself. I do drugs, whatever that means to you…" she said, obviously still reluctant to tell him anything else about herself. It wasn`t because didn`t want to -- but mainly because she didn`t have much to tell him. "I guess you could say, I`m lost… in the broadest sense of the word.." she said with a soft nod of her head. She was lost, lost and looking for any and every escape from reality. Things were easier to handle when she was high, unless she was having a bad trip that was, then things were much, much worse than ever before. Luckily for her, it seemed that the Hatter was coming around now and this trip was shaping up to be one for the books. She`d shrunk, was floating on a hat back to a tea party in a sea of her own tears. It was absolutely ridiculous sounding and she loved it. Smiling at the thought, she maneuvered herself slightly to let her legs dangle over the edge of the hat in the warm water.

It was a weird feeling, but it was slightly enjoyable as she kicked her feet lightly in it. Zora supposed that she`d been so caught up in thought she didn`t notice the Hatter drawing ever-closer to her until his warm skin was practically against hers. When his lips pressed themselves to hers, she knew her reaction probably wasn`t what he had wanted -- or was it. Her eyes went wide as saucers and she pressed her palm against his chest, pushing him back slightly. "Hey! You can`t just…" she began, only to hesitate slightly when he apologized. "What did you have to see?" she asked, tilting her head to the side curiously. If they were compatible? If her lips were real too? If he would melt if he touched her? Biting her lip, she felt sort of bad for pushing him away and sighed softly, placing her hand on his arm for a moment. "Look… where I`m from, you don`t just do that …. it`s personal, you know?" she said, trying to explain it to him the best she could. Maybe he knew all about it, though, maybe he was just being a typical "boy". She doubted that. After all, he really didn`t seem all there so he couldn`t know much about normal social customs. "It`s uhmn… it`s just that, it`s personal and you should only do it to someone you really care about, okay?" she said, her eyes meeting his for only a fleeting moment. His hand was still on hers though, she noticed that now. It was warm and comforting, despite what had just happened. She couldn`t help but think maybe it had been nice, his kiss, however short it had been -- but she couldn`t just let herself fall for someone who was, still, probably just a figment of her imagination. The thought saddened her as she inspected his face carefully once more, but she quickly vanquished it from her mind.

The hat was drifting nearer and nearer to the mouse hole and Zora was beginning to shake lightly. It was clear she wasn`t used to travelling this way, as she tried to maintain her composure and steady her breathing, but her heart beat was increasing rapidly. "Just.. don`t let me go, okay?" she said, swallowing the growing lump in her throat as she watched what seemed like pure darkness swallow the Hatter`s face. Luckily, she could still feel his hand on hers, so she knew she was okay -- or at least, she hoped as much. Part of her was afraid that the darkness was signalling an end to her trip, but surely she hadn`t even been in Wonderland long. How many pills did she have left at home? At least enough for one more trip like this, but what if the Hatter was gone then -- what if this trip was exclusive only this one time. Usually things happened like that for her. Different themes, different creatures and beings, different experiences each time she did a different drug. "I don`t think I ever want to go back.." she said softly, her voice slicing through the darkness and seeming to echo around them. She hoped the lights didn`t come on and she wasn`t alone in some sewer or something weird like that. But again, whenever she started to worry she simply squeezed Hatters hand a bit more tightly. "You mentioned only being here for a few months…" she said, again, her voice echoing eerily once more, "do you remember where you were before?" she asked, biting her lip as she hoped he wouldn`t get mad for asking her a question. Although, she had sort of answered one of his already, so he owed her some semblance of an answer himself, right?

User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                                      The Hatter wasn't surprised when she pushed him away. He should have expected it. Her explanation for it, however, was what took him by surprise. Someone you really care about...he wondered what it took to consider a person 'someone you really care about' in her world. He had just gone against everything he wanted to do to come find her and apologize, just to find himself lost in the never-ending matrix that is Wonderland. Everything she had just said seemed to reflect that perfectly. "I'm not a child. I know how it works." He almost felt the need to kiss her again just to prove the fact, but now knew the action wouldn't be taken kindly. "I just...had never done it before. You're the first of my type to come through here." 'And The Cat had to put the idea in my head,' he wanted to add, but resisted the urge. It was a bit frustrating, though. He couldn't tell what he wanted, but he could so easily tell what she wanted. That is, until she didn't let go of his hand when he let go of hers.

He didn't exactly fight it. He simply loosened his grip on her hand when she started ranting as though she was nothing special...not someone to care about. Humans didn't come to a place like this, not ones that the others could see. With her, not only could the creatures see her, but they could interact with her, talk to her, offer her tea and actually have her drink it. The fact that she wasn't another rodent was reason enough for him to care about her, but she obviously didn't see it that way. She probably didn't want to get close to him because she was still mentally fighting with reality. He knew he wasn't a ghost. He existed before she came here and he would exist after she left...he hoped. He was sentient, with his own thoughts and decisions and... "Do you often reject kisses from assumed hallucinations? Do you enjoy making your hallucinations kiss you so you can reject them?"

As they floated into the mouse hole, the girl started shivering. She didn't want him to let her go. Sure, now she wanted to be close. He ignored her request and continued with his verbal thought process. "If I am just an image projected by your mind, then I would be acting off of your subconscious, which would mean, subconsciously, you wanted me to kiss you." He turned to see the reaction on her face, but found that he couldn't see much of anything through the darkness. He could practically feel her heartbeat through her fingers, and he squeezed her hand in response, adding simply, "Or, I could be real." The darkness completely engulfed them and, out of some sort of instinct, The Hatter found himself drawing closer to the girl protectively. At this point in the journey, there were often fish in the water. "I suggest placing your limbs back in the hat if you want to keep them. No point in being fish bait." Before they reached this point, her feet had been kicking in the shallow water. He felt it best to warn her, if only to say that he did.

Her next question caused him to think a bit before answering. In the silence, the sound of the rushing water was echoing as though through a canyon. It had to have an end somewhere, and that somewhere was where they were headed. As for where they came from? The Hatter simply shrugged, though he knew she couldn't see him. "Do you remember where you were before you were born?" The response unintentionally made her question seemed silly...pointless even, but most things were in the real world, and even more things were in Wonderland. He didn't think about how he got here. He simply assumed he showed up the way everyone else...however that was. He never really asked. He was like a child, assuming that all creatures simply showed up one day. Without being here long enough to age or experience the other creatures aging, it never occurred to him that someone of his stature would not have been born only a few months ago. Sure, he knew what a child was, but he didn't know that he was once one himself. For all his knew, today could have been this girl's first day in existence. It would certainly explain why she was so scared and confused all the time.

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

User Image

Hygenic Dabbler

User Image

User Image
                                          Zora bit her lip softly at his reaction, although she did have to stifle the urge to giggle a bit when he mentioned it being his first time. Well, that wasn`t a very good first kiss -- if that`s what he had really wanted. Zora noticed that his hand went slightly limp in hers and she sighed softly, cocking her head to the side when he asked her a few questions. They seemed pointed and Zora shook her head with a slight frown, not that it mattered now -- he wouldn`t see it anyways. "No..well, I`m not sure I`ve never… I … I didn`t make you do anything…" she reasoned, her voice small and timid in the vast darkness surrounding them. Now, anxiety was slowly creeping through her body, thick like the air around them. It crawled up her spine and into her chest, threatening to crush her lungs and suffocate her. Taking in deep breaths, she tried calming herself by exhaling loudly. Hatter was talking again, but he felt like a million miles away, the only thing that reassured her was his still limp hand in her own. He seemed to be reasoning through the same things she had been earlier in her mind. Perhaps he was right, but either way she had wanted the kiss, hadn`t she? Maybe he was right about her making people kiss her, but she hadn`t really instigated anything.

Her mind was whirling now, with thoughts, accusations, reasoning. However, once he squeezed her hand again and added the fact that he could be real she laughed softly. "Perhaps.." she said simply, feeling the boy move ever-closer to her. This, at the very least, calmed her anxiety and didn`t make her feel so badly for pushing him away earlier. It seemed like he was slightly bipolar, saying one thing, doing another. Perhaps it was just the effect of this place. At his suggestion, Zora drew her feet up immediately from the water and shuddered. FISH BAIT!? Oh goodness, what kind of creatures lurk below us…. we can`t even see them. . . she thought, alarm bells sounding in her mind yet again. With a few more heavy sighs and deep breathing Zora was able to, yet again, calm herself enough to stop shaking. He hadn`t answered her question about remembering where he was before, instead she was met with silence. She was thinking that she had either offended him again, or her was genuinely coming up with the answer. While he was thinking, or being upset, she listened to the water around them and hoped that there were no falls in their path on the water. Surely that would give her a heart attack and she would die, or at least that`s what her pounding heart was telling her. Instead of answering her question, after a few moments he asked one of his own.

Zora bit her lip and shook her head, albeit realizing yet again that he couldn`t see her. "Not where I was born… but I remember bits of my childhood, I s`pose. Places I lived, places I visited, people I knew. Somehow, I remember them quite vividly, or at least -- pieces of them. You have no prior memories of anything but this place?" she answered, asking another question of her own. If she was to understand the boy she would have to understand where he came from. Maybe he was just another lost junkie who`d been on a trip for too long, sometimes, psychosis could be induced by drugs and one would be forever lost in the confines of their own mind. Then again, most junkies couldn`t get into other people`s trips -- but this was a new drug, was it not? The impossibility of the fact didn`t stop her from contemplating it as a viable reason, or at least in this place it seemed one. Whatever this place was, Zora was bound and determined to figure it out. She needed to understand this trip because it felt more than just some hallucination, it felt so real. Even now, she could smell the salty air of what seemed like the sea and she could even swear she could hear fish jumping in and out of the water, sliding back into it with a sickening plop.

Letting go of Hatters hand, she pressed herself back a bit until she felt her spine resting against the side of the hat. At least she was away from the edge now, lest something grab her and pull her overboard. Shuddering at the thought, she patted the area beside her. "Come sit over here? I don`t feel so safe close to the edge…" she proposed, lifting her arm out in front of her so that she could feel if the Hatter got close. The last thing she needed was to lose him in the darkness. After what felt like no time at all, the hat lurched forward, stopping suddenly in it`s path. "I think we`re… here?" she said, squinting her eyes as features started to dissolve into view. Before she knew it, she was looking around at a bright sunny beach. Shells lined the beach, but they looked like mountains to her tiny eyes. Pushing herself up, she hopped down off the hat carefully. "Do you have anything to make us big again? This beach is practically a desert and we`ll be lost in no time at this size…" she said, pressing her bare feet into the warm sand. The sunlight made things better, although where the ocean or water or whatever it was had been there was a now a thick wall of darkness. Zora shook lightly when she looked at it and instead favoured turning around and inspecting the large landmass they were on. At least, it looked large right now. Placing her hands on her hips, she couldn`t help but wonder if Hatter even knew where he was going. If he`d only been in this place for a few months he surely couldn`t have explored all of it.

User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                                      The Hatter pulled his own legs to his chest as the girl beside him had another mini panic attack thinking about what could be in the water. It was hard to believe she had made it this far, but thinking about it, he realized that she probably wouldn't have without him holding her hand the entire way. Maybe it would have been better, however, had he not kissed her. Not like he had much control over it. It just kind of...happened. His mind and his body were always fighting as it was. Throwing a girl into the equation didn't help much. He had never seen or interacted with one. Not in this life—assuming his life in Wonderland was separate from his real life. In the real world, this dark ocean would have been a virtual tunnel of love; two people stuck for an undetermined amount of time in darkness with just the sound of the water beneath them. It had to be romantic somewhere. 

She started talking about her childhood. Not much, but enough to make him realize that she misunderstood his question. It didn't make it any less interesting to listen to, though...and it didn't make him any less curious about her. It also made him think a bit more, a she brought up her own question of what he remembered before this place. "I remember when I came here, sure. I remember meeting the cat and moving in with the hare...I first met the dormouse somewhere around here, actually. As for before..." he stopped for a moment as a light flashed by. The doctors were checking his pupil dilation—a notion that barely phased him anymore, as it happened a few times a day. "There was no before. I've always been here." He shrugged simply, but the shrug turned into a jump as the girl's hand slid out of his own. 

Did she fall off? No...he would've heard a splash. He breathed a sigh of relief when he heard her voice a bit farther back. She had simply moved away from the edge. Blindly, the boy scooted closer to the area where her voice had echoed from. It took him too long to find her, though, as the hat came to a stop the moment he found her hand again. The sunlight lit up the scene and his first view was of her leaving the hat and stepping onto the beach. Beautiful. They were on the beach. Out of all the places this water could bring them, it brought them to the beach. He ran his hands through his hair and looked around. They were the size of mice on a beach full of seagulls and turtles. Did turtles eat mice? He wasn't entirely sure. He just knew that this place was so wide open, it would be hard to escape if they'd need to. "Hey..." he started before she asked if he had anything to make them big again. Unsure of how else to respond, he approached the girl and took her hand again. "I do have something to make us big again, but I don't have the clothes to cover it." 

She was going to start freaking out again. He knew it. It wasn't going to stop him from explaining. "It's easy to make little clothes out of big ones, but it doesn't work the other way around. I was planning on waiting until we got back to the tea party...where my house is. Then again, I wasn't planning on landing on the beach where being out in the open is..." His eyes turned toward the sky. There was no sign of any birds. Maybe they would be fine. Normally, he wouldn't have a problem wandering around this beach full-sized and naked. Normally, he didn't haves girl with him. His eyes turned back to the girl's and he could practically see her heart racing. Absentmindedly, he rose his hand to her chest, letting himself feel her heartbeat. The heartbeat was the only physical thing that connected a person to the real world, and hers felt rapid. Compared to his, however, anything would feel rapid. Being in a coma, his heartbeat was slowed drastically. Even now, it was a mere twenty beats per minute. He was literally walking the line between life and death, and was completely ignorant to the fact. "You need to stay calm. I won't let anything hurt you." He took her hand and pressed it to his own chest. "Perfectly calm. I'm not worried a bit." It was a lie, of course. His heart rate was rising. Not much. Nothing that she'd be able to notice. It had probably risen no more than a few beats per minute, in fact. Still, he stared into her eyes. "Just promise me you'll stay calm. I don't need you having a heart attack in the middle of the beach."

User Image

Hygenic Dabbler

User Image

User Image
                                          Curious. There was no "before", the Hatter could only remember always being here. But that made no possible sense, did it? Zora was somewhere before she was here, right? Now, she was doubting things but then she quickly reminded herself about the drug. Drug induced, it`s all drug induced.. she reassured herself. With her hands still placed on her hips, she finally faced Hatter again as he approached her. The last thing they needed was to be eaten by something that they could otherwise squish if they were larger. What a terrible way to die… if she would die. Perhaps she would just wake up at home, none the wiser, but then what would happen to Hatter? Shaking the thought from her head she finally registered Hatter`s words as he grasped her hand once more. She could`t even stop the small smile from playing over her lips when he touched her again. For a moment, she didn`t worry about his words. She was safe with him. Then, they sunk in. He could make them big, but they would be … naked? Her eyes widened slightly and she shook her head. "But.." she said softly, mauling over the idea in her head. She didn`t want to be eaten by anything, but she didn`t want to be naked either. Oi vey.. she thought as a sigh left her lips. Hatter was explaining the issue, as if she didn`t already understand, but then again she did seem fairly naive so she supposed she couldn`t blame him.

When the Hatter shifted his gaze to the sky Zora felt her eyes following his, scanning the sky carefully. Did he see something she didn`t? Immediately, her heartbeat quickened, but picked up pace even more so when she felt his hand on her chest. "Hey--" she said sharply, tensing up immediately. Was he really trying to cop a feel now~?! Before she could yell at him, though, he told her to calm down moving her own hand up to his chest. She could feel his heart beat, but barely. It was as if he was freezing and it had slowed down to some sort of crawl, it was inhuman. Frowning softly, she nodded her head at his request. She could stay calm, right? Pulling her hand away from his chest she swallowed and nodded her head again. She could do this. Relax…. just relax.. she repeated, over and over in her mind. Immediately, with each deep inhale and exhale she could actually feel her heartbeat starting to slow. "It worked~!" she chirped excitedly, a bright smile replacing her frown as she met Hatters gaze once more. His hand was still pressed to her chest, but she didn`t even mind now -- she wanted him to understand that she could do as he requested, she could stop freaking out if she really tried. Thump.. thump.. thump….. thump……. thump ……… thump was it supposed to get that slow. Drugs did a lot of things to her body, but she was usually used to the sensations. Maybe in Wonderland your heart was supposed to beat fairly slowly, though she couldn`t help but be curious about it. "How slow… is it supposed to be?" she asked, cocking her head to the side curiously as her eyes caught a glimpse of light, shining through the darkness they`d come through before. Was someone coming after them?

"Hello~?!" Zora called, tearing herself away from Hatter again to wave her arms in the air as the light got brighter and brighter. She could have sworn that all she did was blink once, and she was transported somewhere else. People were leaning over her, shouting things she could hardly make out. "Crash ….. she`s …. heart beat …. losing ….!! " bits and fragments of sentences, but the mouths never moved. They were wearing white masks. So much white. So many lights. And beeping. A loud, steady, slowing beat. What was that?Then the voices broke through more clearly, "her BP is dropping fast, charging to two hundred! Come on Zora.." "But I`m here!! I`m RIGHT HERE!!" she shouted, though she was sure her lips never moved because the sound didn`t seem to transcend this world into this odd dream. Turning her head, now, she saw the Hatter standing beside her but he didn`t seem the least bit alarmed by what was going on. "Hatter! Help me, they can`t hear me!!" she said, thrusting her hand into his again as she gripped it tightly. "I`M HERE!!!" she yelled at the vision playing over her in the sky. It was as if someone was shining a projector at the darkness, playing this cruel film. She could see her body, laying on something as two metal paddles were pressed against her bare skin. "CLEAR!" the voice rang in her ears so loudly she recoiled into herself and dropped to her knees. Then, the pulse.

She didn`t know how she felt it, but she did. It burned its way through her skin, working down each column of her spine and into her chest. She felt it wrap around her heart, forcing it to beat faster. "[********… ouch…" she whined, holding both hands to her chest. "It burns…" she said, moving one hand to press her fingers to her neck and check her pulse. Her heartbeat had increased slightly, but not by much. "It didn`t work… charging… and CLEAR" the voice rang out again and Zora crumpled down into a pathetic pile in the sand as the zapping sensation filled her body once more. "Hatter…" she whispered weakly, her nails pressing so tightly into the flesh of her palms that she feared she`d break skin. Looking up into the light again, Zora saw the pacing body of one boy that looked vaguely familiar. He was gripping his hair as if he was about to pull it off and he looked slightly twitchy. Who was that? Who was that? Then it hit her. He was her dealer, the one who had given her the white rabbit, and he looked scared as hell. That was definitely not a good sign. He was coming closer now and all of the voices where gone, all but his now. "Z? Are you okay? I don`t know if you can hear me, but ******** -- please wake up … they`ll put me up for second degree if you don`t…" Zora winced slightly as she tried to register each word and then shook her head. "But I`m RIGHT HERE!!!" she shouted again, slamming her fist into the sand.

Then, as quickly as all of it had started, the light began to collapse in on itself. Before it did, though, she saw a brief flash of pink as someone moved in front of her vision. They were moving her hair. Wait.. my hair? MY HAIR? she thought, suddenly feeling panicked again. But it was too late, the light was gone now and she was left staring into the darkness once more. Swallowing, she shuddered and wrapped her arms around herself. "What… what was that?" she whispered, hot tears finding their way to her eyes before leaking down her cheeks. They burned and though she didn`t want to she could hear her slow beating heart in her head as she started to sob. Something about what had just happened didn`t feel right. Had that been real? Where was it? Was it really her body, or was she completely delusional? Then, wiping a few tears from her eyes, she finally glanced up at Hatter, her mouth asking nothing because she was sure her eyes were doing it for her. What was going on?

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                                      [With a smile forming on both their faces, The Hatter was able to forget about the danger they were in and laugh about the situation. Things were looking up, and with her calming down, it seemed as though they were going to be fine. So long as she could stay calm, they would be able to use their wits to cross the beach. The boy looked back at his hat in disappointment. It was way too big for them to bring it with, and once they made it to a place with clothes, it would be too late to come back and find the hat. Wonderland gets bored with it's scenery easily, and it usually changed paths soon after they had been traveled for the first time. There was no way he could bring it back with him. Sure, this was Wonderland and things were magical. Sadly, that hat was ultimately just a hat...a material possession to be left behind for now. It wasn't that important, anyway. The only thing that was important was standing right in front of him, enjoying the fact that her heartbeat was slowing down before seemingly getting frightened at the rate to which it was slowing. He removed his hand from her chest and shook his head. Even when she wasn't worrying, she was worrying, but it wasn't bothering him. It must have simply been the way she was. 

As he stood in silence, he could feel her heartbeat suddenly pick up just before she broke away from him. The Hatter sat on a nearby rock as he watched her call into the darkness. What did she see? When she started shouting her positions, he realized what was going on and quickly found himself by her side again. She was having hallucination...like the kinds he has. She was frantically telling him that they couldn't hear her, causing him to sigh. "They never can..." was the best response he could muster. Her hand found his as though she was looking for some sort of support, but he simply stood there watching. A shock went through her hands and he could feel it in his own before she slipped out of them and fell to the ground. He knew the feeling, but didn't react when she fell. He watched in silence, but didn't react. It was best not to, he figured, so she didn't get freaked out by him being in her vision with her. He didn't realize that he still was, and hoped that if he stayed out of it, she'd be able to hold on to reality longer than he did. He wouldn't admit it out loud, but he did remember a time  when he remembered something other than Wonderland, though he didn't remember what it was. It was something he considered reality back then, but he could hardly see how a memory could be considered more real than the here and now. Perhaps that's why he let it slip away so easily. At the time, the reality he remembered seemed improbable in the world he had come to...just as much as the world he had come to being improbable to his supposed reality. It must have been why he considered himself mad. 

As the girl started crying, The Hatter couldn't hold back anymore and found himself in the sand with her wiping away her tears. "It was just a hallucination. Don't worry so much about it." Not that he was one to talk, constantly checking in on his form in the hospital bed wondering what the doctors would say next. Maybe if they figured out what was wrong with him, he'd remember something himself. Not that it mattered so much. His injuries were internal, unpredictable, and invisible to the naked eye. A tiny brain injury that couldn't be seen until the doctors decided to take a sample of his brain tissue—an act that couldn't happen until they learned his identity and spoke with his power of attorney. Once they had an identity, most anything could be done. Maybe they could even find the microscopic holes forming in his brain tissue that were costing him his memory, his health, and his overall wellbeing, but they were running out of time. Though The Hatter assumed this doppleganger was just another body in a bed, he couldn't help but wonder whether or not they had people looking for the family. Somewhere, this kid had a family. Somewhere, he had people who knew him, but how far were they looking? How far had they gone?

The girl in front of him looked to be in pain. He didn't want to get involved in it...in any of it. If he got involved, she could lose her reality and she could wind up like him—lost in a curious world walking the line between life and death. He knew that if he were to get involved, he would tell her that it's nothing. He'd inform her that the hallucinations would slow down eventually and that she'd start becoming detached from them. If he were to tell her that, though, she might lose herself just as he lost himself, and he wasn't sure he wanted that to happen to her. He wished he had someone who knew the situation when he showed up so he could hold onto reality as much as possible. Pulling the girl into his arms, he held onto her protectively as though it would help the situation at all. She was giving him a look that tugged at the worst of his emotions. She wanted to know what was going on. "Don't give me that look..." He turned his head and stared into the darkness so he didn't have to look into her eyes. There were questions in her eyes that he didn't want to answer, though he was starting to feel obligated. "Just don't try to talk to them next time. No one else can see them and it will make you look crazy." 

Another thought popped into his head as he stared into the darkness, and he found himself suddenly curious about what she saw. He could only imagine that she saw him in the hospital, mainly because he couldn't imagine anything else that someone would hallucinate. After being trapped in that place for so long, it was the only place outside of Wonderland that he could imagine. What confused him is that she was calling out "I'm right here." That meant that they were looking for her, not him. He wondered if this had any connection with what was happening with John Doe in the hospital bed in his hallucinations. "Hey...who was in the hospital bed?" It didn't phase him that she hadn't said anything about the hospital bed, but he hoped she would say that it was some strange boy so he didn't have to worry about some alternate form of his being dying in a hospital bed somewhere. He finally turned back to meet her eye, a genuine sense of curiosity showing through. Though he wasn't sure why, he wanted to know more about the hallucinations than he wanted to help her with.

User Image

Hygenic Dabbler

User Image

User Image
                                          She couldn't register what he was saying, how did he know what she was seeing? Was he seeing it too!? The thought that he could see them made her feel better. If he could, then maybe they weren't real -- maybe she didn't have to worry about them. But then, she`d felt them shocking her … but not her … but it looked like her. Puzzle pieces, puzzle pieces, slowly, shockingly coming together. "They never can…" she echoed softly, her eyes becoming wide and doe-like. The awful realization that came crashing down around her, an addicts worst nightmare; being lost in the trip. She`d experienced this before, mostly through her anxiety -- but she was never actually stuck in a trip. Hatter was here and there around her, moving carefully each time he did. He seemed to come at the perfect times, then flee again. She`d hardly been able to realize he was holding her hand when he was, just before she was shocked -- had it hurt him too? Again, her eyes met his, her gaze asking all of the questions her mouth couldn't. Now, as the bright lights faded the darkness seemed to envelop her sight. Everything was a lot less bright than it had been before, or were her eyes playing tricks on her? It was this place, this trip.

She had to stifle the soft cry crawling up her throat. Now, it seemed Hatter didn`t want to answer all of her questions -- but she so desperately needed to hear it confirmed aloud. Her eyes narrowed when he mentioned not talking to them next time, that people would think she was crazy. "People… people here… people HERE will.. but I`m not.. I`m not here, am I?" she asked, her hands shaking now as she let them fall into the sand defeatedly. Hatter had been wiping her tears a few moments ago, but now more had leaked from her tired eyes. This can`t be happening…. she thought, her gaze dropping from Hatters and to darkness again, half-hoping some semblance of the real world would be laying just beyond it once more. Hatters voice brought her out of her morbid thoughts and back into the present as she snapped her gaze towards him. That was all she needed. "Hatter… I`m going to die" she said, nodding her head softly once before pulling away from him and gently easing herself up to her feet. She would either be stuck here forever, or suffer some sort of painful death while her body died. Perhaps being stuck here wasn`t so bad -- but there was no way to know what would happen for sure. Biting her lip, she took a step towards the black-looking waters, pressing her toes into them. "Wake up… c`mon Zora.. wake… up…." she whispered, clutching her fingers into tiny, tight fists at her sides. She had to get out of here, before she was never able to.

Wake up.. wake up… wake up.. she thought, over and over like she was stuck in a bad dream. As she thought the words, she slowly turned back around to face Hatter. Hatter, how could she just leave him. It was a shame he couldn't come with her. "Wait--" she said suddenly, her hand immediately being raised out in front of her. Hatter was here too, and he knew about the hallucinations -- but he didn`t seem to actually see hers. How could he know about the hallucinations -- unless … he was in a hospital bed somewhere too. That had to be why he asked about it. Who was in it? Did he think she was seeing him in it, because she was pretty sure Hatter didn`t look the type to sport bright pink hair. "It was me.. it was me Hatter, not you.. but you`re in one too, aren't you?" she asked, walking back over to the boy and dropping to her knees in front of him. She then held out her hand and pressed her palm to his cheek softly. "Hatter.. we need to get out of here, or we won`t make it…" she said, her gaze intent and confident for once, not leaving his for a second. He had to understand what she meant, he had to have put the puzzle together for himself as well. Unless he denied it, or was going mad as a part of it and thus wouldn`t make proper decisions for himself. It could be this place too, it could make you insane -- she was sure of that. Leaning forward slightly, she rested her forehead gently against his and smiled, "we can do this together, okay?" she said softly, her hands finding their way into his as she squeezed them tightly.

She hoped he would come to his senses, see how important it was for them to leave. By the sounds of it, she didn`t have much time left -- but she wasn`t sure about him. Maybe he was just someone who would be in a coma for 25 years or something, but hers was from the drugs. She`d put her body through so much, she wasn`t sure if it could come back from this. Plus, the doctors tended to give up much sooner on druggies that are self-destructive than the other patients. "I … I don`t think I have much time, Hatter.. you understand?" she asked, pulling away from him completely and tugging him to his feet with her. "You have to know a way out -- we have to find one .. or someone who knows…. " she said, her eyes scanning the beach for the potential direction they were to travel. However, Hatter would know best -- so it would be easier to wait for him to lead the way, unless he decided he didn`t want to. Biting her lip now, she sighed and turned around slowly to face him once more, holding out her arm in front of her. "Help me?" she asked sweetly, a soft smile playing on her lips. Then, another thought crossed her mind. If Hatter was a real person, maybe she could find him -- help him. Or at least, go to meet him. Maybe she wouldn't have any recollection of Wonderland once she got out though, like many drug trips she could have sworn she had had before. Although, all of this was assuming they would get out at all.

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                                      He was so lost in thought. The more he watched and listened to the pink-haired girl, the more she seemed to resemble one of his hallucinations. It was almost as though he wasn't interacting with her...as she still spoke and acted how she wanted. She acted almost as though she wasn't really here...like she was walking through a dream that she knew she'd eventually wake up from. Though she was saying earlier that she never wanted to leave, she pulled herself away from him and walked towards the water, telling herself to wake up. She had just warned him that she was going to die and was now telling herself to wake up...using her name. 'Zora...that was her name,' he reminded himself only momentarily before remembering that it wouldn't stick. After the thought, the silence was broken again. The girl had made a realization of some sort. Something had clicked into an odd position in her head which caused her to think that he was laying in a hospital bed somewhere. He raised his eyebrows in a confused manner, trying to make sense of what she was saying.

His eyes closed only momentarily, but he quickly found her forehead against his own and her hands squeezing his. What did she mean, they wouldn't make it? Before he could ask, he was being pulled to his feet. His eyebrows lowered and his eyes watched hers as she spoke. She had this all planned out, didn't she? The look in her eyes immediately alerted him to the problem and a small grin etched itself on his face as she asked for help. With a squeeze of her hands, he dropped them and took a step closer, still watching her eyes and the games they played. Finally, he spoke, his voice laced with confidence, yet slightly hallow as the thought of the hospital bed scratched at the inner workings of his brain. "You're crazy." He continued to hold himself within such close proximity to more carefully observe her facial expressions, but he wasn't going to hesitate if he scared her. "You felt my heartbeat. I felt yours. You're crazy to think that either of us is going to die somewhere. We're both just as alive as the day we were born."

The Hatter tilted his head to the side before continuing. "You're right, though. You are sick. You're sick with what I like to call delirium." He raised a fist to her head and knocked on it gently. "You're delirious to think that I would let anything hurt you." A smiled danced over his lips and he finally took a step back. "Though, you were right in one thing. We are running out of time." He pulled the broken stop-watch out of his pocket and stared at it intently. Doing so wouldn't fix the watch, nor would it tell him what time it was. Still, the hands dangled lifelessly and The Hatter let out a sigh. "If you keep dilly dallying, we might not get back to the tea party today. You wouldn't want to miss your own Unbirthday, would you?"

But something else wasn't right. She had asked him if he knew a way out of Wonderland. As he continued to draw himself away from her, anger boiled up inside of him. For a girl who was just mentioning never wanting to leave, she was sure anxious to get out. "You must be crazier than I am...to think there's a way out of Wonderland. Nobody's ever found a way out, though nobody's ever been stupid enough to look." He wouldn't touch her. He didn't take her hand reassuringly or place his palm on her shoulder. For some reason, it no longer seemed as comforting as it once was...for either of them. It seemed that every time he got close to her, she learned something about him that he didn't want anyone to know about. Now, she was making unrealistic plans about the hallucinations of their bodies in the hospital...it was foolish. Instead, breaking their gaze, he simply opted to slide his hands into his coat pockets before turning on his heel and walking away from the dark water. "If you really want out, you're going to have to find the Queen of Hearts. Talk to the White Rabbit. He knows the way."

As he walked across the beach toward a dark, wooded area, The Hatter let himself become lost in thought again. There were no foot steps behind him, but he assumed he wouldn't be able to hear if there were. Well, he wouldn't be able to hear if the pink-haired girl was following him. They were too small and the grain of the sand was too large for any real commotion to be caused by their footsteps. His head was lifted toward the direction he knew he should be walking in, and his strides were long and slow as to allow the girl to follow if she decided to. He just couldn't understand why anyone would want to leave Wonderland. It didn't make sense to him, and assumed that everyone who ever encountered the magnificent place would simply want to stay. Maybe it was something he had done to scare her off. "This is why people can't handle Wonderland," he whispered to himself, letting his gaze drop to the rocks beneath his feet, "They can't handle going mad."

User Image

Hygenic Dabbler

User Image

User Image
                                          Zora sensed that the Hatter didn`t seem to following her train of thought. How had he not put together the pieces as she had? When Hatter dropped her hands and moved closer, Zora bit her lip softly and watched him intently. She flinched slightly at his words and narrowed her gaze slightly. "Our heartbeats are slow … don`t you see? We are dying…" she said, her sentence echoed by a soft sigh from her lips. She was moments away from another panic attack, but she tried to keep herself calm. Surely that wouldn`t help her and would probably just make things worse for her in the hospital. Or would it? Then, a morbid thought crawled through her brain and she swallowed immediately, worrying about the consequences of her thought. That couldn`t possibly work… could it? she thought, filing the thought away in the back of her mind in case she ever needed it. Now he was calling her sick, sick with delirium. Zora raised her brow at him questioningly, flinching again when he reached up and tapped on her head. "Ouch!" she said, pushing his fist away as he stepped back. The next thing he said didn`t make much sense in the context he was using it, but the smile on his lips was reassuring enough. "MY unbirthday?" she asked, a warm feeling flooding through her chest when she realized how included she was in the festivities of Wonderland now. It was enough to make her stop worrying about her body in the hospital as she nodded her head in agreement with Hatter.

Mood changing again, she watched Hatter walk away from her after lecturing her about there being no way out of Wonderland. That was impossible. She`d taken a drug to get here, so there had to be a way out. Frowning, she placed her hands on her hips, registering his next advice. The Queen of Hearts and the rabbit. Yes.. that has to be it! I followed the rabbit in here, I can make him show me the way out…. "Will he be at the tea party?" she asked, lifting up the skirt of her dress as she trudged through the sand to catch up to Hatter. They were moving towards some sinister looking woods and Zora`s hair stood up on the back of her neck as she thought about entering them. Then, she slowed her pace momentarily. Hatter was easily already a few yards ahead of her and would soon disappear into the woods if she didn`t hurry. But maybe, just maybe, he didn`t want anything to do with her now. He did seem upset with her for asking about how they could leave. Sighing softly, she bit her lip in thought once more before finally picking up her pace again. "Hatter!" she called, as he moved out of sight for a moment until she finally saw him again. Her heartbeat had sped up slightly when she thought he had disappeared. As her footsteps quickened, she finally caught up to him and breathed a sigh of relief.

"How far are we from the tea party?" she asked, rubbing her hands against her arms as they moved into the shadows of the forest, the temperature immediately dropping slightly. She decided to keep her questions less pointed to leaving Wonderland and more so as a way to keep track of the time. If she waited too long she feared what would happen. "Hatter.. I`m… I`m sorry if I upset you.." she said softly, pressing her palms on top of a furry-looking fallen branch as she hoisted herself over it carefully. She couldn`t meet his gaze now, not after everything. The boy looked so innocent, so entrenched in this world, but if her hypotheses were correct; he, too, was in danger. Now, as she glanced up at him she felt nothing but worry crawling into the pit of her stomach. The boy didn`t deserve to die like this. Steading herself on the leaf covered ground, Zora sighed and shook her head. She had to get out of here, she had to find the boy. "Hatter, I can`t come back with you.." she said, expelling a heavy sigh. She knew what she had to do. Glancing back at the slow, fading beach she grasped Hatters hand and squeezed it lightly. "I`ll find you.." she said simply, before letting go and pulling herself back over the branch before she dug her heel into the ground and took off running back towards the beach. He probably thought she was mad and she was almost convinced of the fact as well, but she knew she had to try and get out of here.

She ran clumsily over the beach until she was facing the dark water and blackness that engulfed it. There were no waves, no sounds, no feeling in the water besides some impending darkness. Biting her lip, Zora resisted the urge to glance over her shoulder and pressed herself forward her toes slipping into the liquid. It didn`t feel like water at all, though. It felt more like the soft caress of a lover. Zora took in a deep breath as she waded into the water, filled with the overwhelming urge to wade into it until it drowned her. She decided that if she was going to die she would want to die this way. As the water climbed up her body, she sank into it, her heartbeat slowly hammering away in her chest. Once it reached her waist, she closed her eyes and spread her arms out, readying herself for what was about to happen. Taking in a deep breath, Zora pressed her feet forward, letting gravity pull her down into the water. It washed over her like a million hands, pulling her down and down and down. She wasn`t sure if she could breathe, but she didn`t even try. She needed to get out. Please.. she thought, a silent prayer for any force that could hear it. As the water washed over her, she felt herself being lifted and carried somewhere else, darkness consuming each part of her being.

She wasn`t sure if she`d fallen asleep, but eventually she heard a soft, slow beeping noise around her. Opening her mouth, she tried to take in a deep breath but found her lungs being forced at the wrong time. Immediately, her eyes slammed open and she was blinded by the pure whiteness of a sterile smelling room. Tubes were everywhere. Tubes down her throat, in her nostrils, jammed into her veins and skin. The beeping around her started to get louder and faster as she found her fingers and tried to pull at a few of the tubes. It was excruciating. Had someone kidnapped her, was she being tortured? It wasn`t until a few people ran into the room, shouting orders at each other that she realized where she was. I`m.. I`m out.. I made it out! she thought, her fears subsiding momentarily as she stopped pulling at the tubes keeping her alive. She ached to breathe on her own though, and soon a small, pretty woman was instructing her not to move so they could take out her breathing tube. Zora obediently nodded her head and tried to wait as patiently as possible as the nurses surrounded her and slowly, methodically removed the tubes from her body. "Hatter…" Zora whispered, her voice harsh and alien from lack of use and the tubes jammed down her throat. "Shh, darling. Don`t over-do it now.. just relax.. You`ve been in a coma for a few days.." the nurse explained, placing her hand over Zoras. "But…" Zora whispered, the nurse simply shaking her head. "You need to rest now.." the nurse said, pulling some blankets up over Zora`s body. She was so tired, but she wanted to find Hatter -- she needed to.

"Just sleep… I`ll come check on you in a few hours…" the nurse said, smoothing out Zora`s hair before leaving the room. It was quiet and the steady beeping of the machine indicated that her heart was no longer failing. How long had she been in Wonderland, though? A few days? It hadn`t felt that long. That meant that Zora probably had even less time to find Hatter. If he even existed. Soon, though, a dreamless sleep overcame the pretty, pink-haired girl and she found herself in a restful sleep. Seconds, minutes, hours, days could have passed and she wouldn`t have even noticed. Her body was so beat up from the drug that she knew she needed to rest, otherwise she`d be useless to help Hatter at all. Eventually, they`d discharged her at her own request. Her parents hand`t visited her, in fact she was sure only her drug dealer had been by the hospital after she`d grilled a few of the nurses about her visitors. She then thought she`d inquire about a boy in a coma as well. On her way out, she stopped at the front desk to try and glean the information she desperately sought. "Hi there.. I`m just wondering about my friend, uhm.. he`s.. he`s been in a coma for a while and --" she began, only to be cut off by the procedure-following nurse. "His name, please?" the nurse asked. Zora bit her lip and sighed, "Well I.. uh.. I don`t know. I met him at a party and we`d never exchanged names, but I know he`s in a coma and I really need to see him.." she explained, her eyes reflecting the worry she felt. The woman didn`t seem to budge. "I can`t relay any information about other patients without the consent of their families. I`m sorry.." she said, avoiding Zora`s eyes. Confidentiality, rules, it was all so unfair. Zora nodded her head though and smiled at the woman. "Okay.. well.. if he`s here.. uh … can you tell him I stopped by?" she asked, knowing the woman wouldn`t answer.

Instead of waiting, Zora simply turned on her heel and walked out of the hospital. The fresh air caressed her face and made her feel slightly better as she walked towards the bus stop and waited for her respective ride home. She`d had a bus pass for a while since she didn't own a vehicle. The ride home was mind-numbing and all Zora could think of was Hatter. Did she have enough drugs at home to enter Wonderland again? If she did, would she even find Hatter and the tea party? She`d been lucky to find it in the first place, and Hatter seemed sure that it was impossible to find the same place again. Sighing softly, Zora had been thinking so hard that she hadn't noticed the door to her apartment was unlocked when she got there. She simply let herself in without a further thought about it. It wasn`t until she sat down on her couch that she noticed the shadow of a man in her apartment. "Wh-Who`s there~?!" she called out, clutching the couch cushions as she saw the man walk out of the shadows into the light. It was her drug dealer. "Oh god.. you scared me! What are you doing here?" she asked, her voice cracking slightly. "Don`t take that drug again. Where`d you put it? I`ve been looking for it all day. You had a bad reaction, you were lucky I stopped by and dragged your a** to the hospital, Z…" he said, rummaging through the drawer in the table beside the couch. "I took it all, there`s none left.." she said without pause. Truthfully, there was some left but she wasn't even sure where she`d left it, and if he hadn't found it yet then she had a chance to get back into Wonderland.

"Good… well, I`m also here to tell you that I`m not selling you anything else. You need to get yourself figured out Zora. You`re a liability" he said simply, not offering her as much as a glance before he headed for the door. "Don`t call me, don`t come by, I`m done" he said, letting himself out without another word. Zora collapsed into the couch and closed her eyes, breathing a sigh of relief. "I need to find that White Rabbit.." she said, pushing herself to her feet after she`d rested for a moment. Hatter`s fate was dependent on her getting back to Wonderland and finding a way out for him.

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                                      The Hatter walked with his mind on getting home. The girl was talking and complaining and questioning as she followed him, but he didn't respond. He wasn't ignoring her...not by any means. He simply assumed that she'd stick behind him until he answered, which wasn't going to be until they reached the tea party and were big again. Once they reached the woods, he knew they were only a mile or two away from the tea party, but he knew the trip would take much longer due to their size. The woods were too dangerous when they were this small to stand around talking. They needed to be back in the presence of friends in a safe place. Letting his hands fall out of his pockets, he pushed himself over a falled branch and let his mind wander temporarily to the sorrow that must have been caused by this tree's loss. As the girl behind him followed his every move, she apologized. "Don't worry so much," was his only response. If she was apologizing, then she was serious about everything. She seriously thought she was dying...and so was he. It was a ridiculous thought. He knew that...but they'd discuss it further over tea with the others. 

...Or so he thought. He stopped in his tracks when the girl took his hand and said her goodbyes. When he turned to look at her, she was already running back to the beach...the beach that was quickly dissolving away into nothingness. "No!" He called to her and took off running after her. As he left the forest, the sunlight from the beach filled his eyes and scorched his brain. He was used to headaches and migraines, but this one slowed him down drastically. Once he looked back up to find the girl again, she had disappeared into the water. "No..." he repeated to himself as he fell to his knees and watched for any signs of life. After a few minutes of sitting and realizing that none were going to return, he raised from the sand, turned toward the forest, and silently led himself home. 

The walk felt so long without her talking or worrying about every little bug in a tree or hole in the ground. By the time he found himself eye-to-eye with the dormouse again, he missed her. He missed her questions and her curiosity. He missed the way she held his hand, just to feel safe...how she was so trusting of him. She'd only been there for a few hours, but she left an impression on him that he couldn't shake. "Where's Zora?" The mouse was so loud when they were the same size. He supposed it made sense with how she always had to speak to creatures that were taller than her. Burying his hands in his pockets again, The Hatter cast his head down. "Don't use her name...and she left." A booming voice filled his ears as the ground shook with the hare's footsteps. "Left? What do you mean? How did she leave? Where did she go?" The man shook his head as he looked up at the hare. "I mean she left. She didn't want to be here and she left. Now...take me home?" The hare's form loomed over the male for a moment before scooping him up and placing him on his shoulder. From the higher view, he could see the shimmering grin of the cat turning itself over into a frown, and the white rabbit was watching the whole scene disappointedly. "Sorry..." he whispered as the hare hopped into the hovel and set The Hatter on his dresser. 

The Hatter didn't care about the hare's presence in the room and he started to undress in order to preserve his tiny clothes. He pulled a miniature cookie out of his pocket and nibbled on it until he grew back to his regular size, where he promptly redressed. "Well? What happened?" Hatter had nearly forgotten about the creature in the room and the voice startled him. Finding a chair, he sat down and looked toward the hare. The Hatter hadn't realized that by letting her go, he was letting everyone else down. Though, it wasn't like he let her go. She up and left on her own. Still, he could have tried harder to stop her. "I'd rather not talk about it..." 

The hare nodded and left The Hatter in the room alone. The room was tiny compared to the place he remembered to belong to the girl. His room didn't even have a bed on it. No, it had a closet, a dresser, and a small chair. His window was large enough to comfortably climb through and he did so now, climbing onto the tree limb that held the hammock that served as his bed. Crawling into the mesh, the man laid on his back and stared up at the canopy of the forest. The overgrowth was too thick to see the stars or the moon or, well, any sign of a sky whatsoever. It couldn't help but leave one wondering if Wonderland even made an effort to put a sky over the scene when it wouldn't be visible to any of the creatures living in the woods. As he stared up into the canopy, the multitude of colored feathers hanging from the tree's limbs melded into one dark shade of grey and silence ensued. Though the forest seemed impossibly still, Hatter could feel his hammock sway gently with the gentle breaths of the trees. He could hear the party dying down on the ground below him, but his mind remained lost. 

What did she mean when she said she would find him? He was right there. He had been this entire time. All she needed to do was reach out, and he was there. Hatter closed his eyes and immediately found himself someplace else. A familiar voice filled his ears, but he couldn't see anything. He knew the voice to belong to a nurse who frequently took care of John Doe. For once, Hatter was actually living as John Doe, and he listened to the words filling the room. 
                                                      "Think we should try it?" 
                                                      An unfamiliar voice answered, "It couldn't hurt. Maybe she knows something about him." 
                                                      "And you think it was him she was talking about?" 
                                                      "We've mentioned it to every other male coma patient in the hospital. None showed any signs of improvement, nor any indications of familiarity, like raised heart rate." 
                                                      "Then it certainly couldn't hurt," the nurses voice grew louder as she drew closer to the boy. "Hey...your friend stopped by. She was looking for you. She didn't leave her name, but she had pink hair..." 

Hatter was awoken by the cat standing on his head by the foot of The Hatter's hammock. "You miss her, don't you?" 

"Yeah..."

User Image

Hygenic Dabbler

User Image

User Image
                                          It had been horrible, having to leave Hatter behind the way she did. Part of her feared that she wouldn`t be able to find him again, but after what she`d been through she was almost sure that her hypotheses were correct. Maybe she would start calling around to different hospitals, see if they had anyone in the hospital that had been in a coma for a while. Of course, she wished he would have given her his real name -- that would have been much more helpful. Sighing softly, Zora sunk deeper into the couch and closed her eyes while she thought. Her mind also mauled over the fact that she`d been in a coma for a few days. Was her brain working the same? Would another dose of the White Rabbit kill her completely. How had she even gotten to the hospital? She was lucky that someone had stopped by and found her, but perhaps next time she wouldn`t be so lucky. Now, she was face with a dilemma. She was so lost in thought that she barely flinched when her house phone started ringing, until it drew her out of her mind and into the present again. "No one ever calls me…" she wondered aloud, pushing herself up to her feet as she hurried over to the old phone attached to the wall in the kitchen. Part of her hoped it would be Hatter, somehow contacting her from Wonderland -- but that was probably impossible, not to mention improbable. "Hello?" she said as she pressed the old phone towards her ear. "Is this Miss Florensa? This is nurse Montrose calling from the hospital… we know you were inquiring about the boy in a coma, and we think we`ve found him. Normally we don`t do this, but we`ve been looking for information about him for a long time. Can you stop by the hospital?" Zora could hardly register the words flooding through the crackling speaker of the phone. They`d found Hatter? It probably isn`t even him… she thought in disbelief, biting her lip before she finally responded. "I`ll be right down…." she said, hanging up the phone immediately.

Now, she leaned against the wall and closed her eyes for a moment, taking in a few deep breaths. What if it was him? What if it wasn`t? Deciding that contemplating the situation wasn`t going to get her anywhere, Zora pushed herself off the wall and walked into her bedroom, changing into a loose white dress and a pair of black heels. As she glanced at her mirror, she realized how horrible she looked and sighed, pulling her hair back into a ponytail. Normally, the girl wouldn`t go out looking like this, but she wanted to get this visit over with. Grabbing her bag, she slung it over her shoulder as she braved the streets around her apartment and made her way to the hospital. Luckily, it wasn`t far by walking and she had managed to get there in about twenty-minutes. Edging up to the front desk, Zora swallowed nervously as she tried to explain her situation. "Hi.. uhm.. I`m Zora Florensa… I was called here by nurse Montrose…." she said timidly, not wanting to be shot down again. Just as the receptionist was about to protest, a small woman rounded the corner and her eyes lit up slightly. "Miss Florensa, I`m glad your here! If you`ll just come with me…" she said, taking Zora`s hand and leading her away down the hall towards a distant wing of the hospital. "So… what`s the boys name?" she asked, clearing her throat lightly. Her hands were starting to sweat slightly and her heart beat increasing as they appeared to move closer and closer towards one specific door. "We can`t figure that out, but we were hoping you would be able to.." the nurse explained calmly, opening the door and ushering Zora in.

She wasn`t quite sure what to expect, but when her eyes found the boy laying on the hospital bed she found herself rushing towards him. It was Hatter! It was really him!! However he did look a bit different, laying wrapped in blankets, with tubes coming out of him almost everywhere. Zora sighed softly and placed her hand softly on his cheek. He definitely had more stubble than he had in Wonderland, which was to be expected. "Miss Florensa, is this your friend?" the nurse asked, pausing in the doorway. Zora simply nodded her head and sniffled slightly, her hand reaching up to wipe a small tear from her eye. "Yes.. will he.. will he be okay?" she asked, biting her lip softly as she removed her hand from the boys cheek. "Honestly, we`re not sure. His condition is deteriorating rapidly. We`re trying to find his family and we hoped you could help.." she said, her gaze dropping to the floor as she explained the poor boys condition. Zora shook her head softly and closed her eyes for a moment before speaking, "I`m sorry.. but I can`t help you.." she said, her voice full of sadness. She wanted to help Hatter so badly, but she knew there was only one thing she could truly do to help him. She had to get him out of Wonderland. "I understand. Well, I`ll leave you alone with him for a while -- just ring the bell if you need anything" the woman said with a soft nod before leaving the room.

Pulling a chair over to the edge of the bed, Zora sat down and stared down into the boys lifeless face. He looked pale and sad. "Hatter, I`m here…" she said softly, swallowing as she found his hand and pressed her fingers in between his, giving it a soft squeeze. "I found you…" she said, the smallest hint of a smile playing over her lips. "You need to get out of there, or you`re going to die…" she said, leaning in to whisper in his ear. She didn`t want anyone to hear, or think she was crazy. Sighing softly, she stared at the boy laying in front of her and then leaned forward once more. Biting her lip softly, she let her eyes trace the contours of his face before closing her eyes and pressing her lips gently to his. Placing a soft kiss there, she moved to his ear once more, "I`m coming to find you…" she whispered, pushing herself up immediately after. She knew what she needed to do now and she was running out of time. If she was going to do this, though, she had to be smart about it. Taking the drug again was dangerous and would probably bring her right into a coma again, or worse. Pulling out a pad of paper and a pen, Zora scribbled her address down onto a note and balled the paper up, pressing it into his hand and curling his fingers around it. At least now, if she got him out, he would be able to find her and make sure she didn`t die. Glancing once more at the boy, she hurried towards the door and down the hall. She didn`t want to talk to anyone, answer any more of the nurse`s questions. Instead, she found a side door exit and left out of that, half-jogging the route back to her home.

Now she had to find the rest of the drug. Her dealer had already rummaged through most of her stuff, but he didn`t know where all of her hiding places were. Kicking off her heels, she hurried into her room and began to tear it part, looking for the tiny bag of pills. Eventually, she found them underneath a stack of books. Pulling a few out, she shook her head and popped them into her mouth. "Here goes nothing…" she said, laying down onto her bed while she waited for them to take effect, clenching her fingers nervously into her palms. What if they didn`t work this time?

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                                      "Why did she leave?" 
                                                      "She said she was dying. We were dying." 
                                                      "Well, that's just crazy." 

The cat knew what this world was to humans, but never took the time to process the information long enough to realize that Hatter was living it. It wasn't exactly a situation that the people in Wonderland thought through or talked about regularly. They were all too busy drinking tea or playing croquet with flamingos and armadillos...a pastime that Hatter never found interesting himself, but it was popular nonetheless. 

Hatter curled into himself and tried to sleep, but knew it would be impossible. Her words wouldn't stop playing in his head. She told him that she didn't have much time...that she'd be dead soon. What if she died when she left? She said she'd find him...but could she? She might not be alive anymore. The thought physically hurt him, and he didn't even notice the cat pulling his blanket over him. "Why did you make me chase after her?" The cat faded into a grin before speaking frankly.
                                                      "I didn't." With that, he disappeared. Hatter found himself staring into the darkness until drifted off to sleep—a task that took longer than it should have, but not as long as one might have expected. 

As his body lied motionless, suspended midair in the hammock and surrounded by the silent trees, Hatter still could only think about the pink-haired girl. Lost in his dreams, he could hear her. She was here. She found him. He could feel the warmth of her fingers in between in his own and tried desperately to open his eyes and look at her, but he couldn't. He tried to squeeze her hand, but couldn't. He couldn't move, see, or speak, but he could feel her lips against his. They were different than before...more warm...welcoming. In his sleep, he was reaching out his arms to embrace her, but in the dream, he remained motionless. His body might as well have been dead already, but for the first time in months, his mind pressed for his body to awaken so he could be with her again. The drugs pumping into his veins were telling his body otherwise, though. They fought, mentally and physically, until The Hatter awoke from his deep sleep with more questions than answers. What did it mean that he felt her like that? Did it mean she was alive somewhere and truly found him, or was he simply imagining things—wishful thinking? 

Letting his eyes flutter open slowly, Hatter found himself pressing his fingers to his lips. They were the same yet...oddly different...but maybe he was just imagining things. Wishful thinking. Before he awoke, he remembered one final thing. He could hear her voice telling him that she was going to go after him, and she put a piece of paper in his hand. He reached out his hand and opened it. There was nothing there. It was somewhat disappointing. Maybe the piece of paper held some sort of connection that he needed...something informing him she was still alive and okay. Something telling him what was going on, even, but there was no such luck. 

It felt like hours that he laid there, staring into his empty hand. He couldn't decide if it felt empty because the paper wasn't there or because her hand wasn't. How had he become so attached to her in such a short period of time? She gave him something to do...something to pay attention to. When she was here, he had someone who needed him...someone who couldn't get around this place without his help. It felt honorable, in a way...helping a damsel in distress, even though she seemed to know exactly what she wanted. Not only did she need him around, but she seemed to want him around, too...and he wanted to be around her. 

"Hatter? Hatter! It's time for tea!"
                                                      "No thanks, Hare. I'm not in the mood." 

User Image

Hygenic Dabbler

User Image

User Image
                                          Zora wasn't sure how long she'd been waiting for the drug to take effect, but it was long enough for her to grow sleepy. Every so often, she would open her eyes abruptly, half expecting the white rabbit himself to be standing over her; but each time she was met with disappointment. What if they drugs didn't work this time? What if they lost their effect the more one took them? That was the case with some drugs she had taken before. Sighing softly, Zora rolled over onto her side and pressed her head into the pillow. Trying to relax, she inadvertently ended up falling asleep instead. No longer could she worry herself with Hatter or thoughts about the drug. Or at least, that's what she thought. When she opened her eyes again, she moved onto her back and yawned softly. How long had she been asleep? The sun was streaming down upon her body, warming it lightly, yet she could see no sky above her. Was that because she was still in her room? Rubbing her eyes lightly, she pressed her palms into the bed -- "grass?" she said aloud, completely perplexed for a moment until she felt her eyes focus on the large shapes around her. She was in a grassy place, with large, animal shaped bushes pruned expertly all around her. "Wonderland?" she asked, blinking sleepily as she sat up completely and took in her surroundings. Had she really made it back to Wonderland? Or was she dead? Swallowing, she searched for any indication of the magical place she longed to enter once more.

Just as she was about to push herself up to her feet, she felt something hit her head lightly. Immediately, her fingers reached up to touch the spot of impact and as she pulled them away she was horrified by what she saw. Some sort of red, gooey liquid was dripping down her fingers. Blood!? she thought, growing instantly alert. It wasn't until she looked up to see where the red stuff had come from that she cocked her head to the side and let out a soft laugh. There were roses in the bush behind her, and they were dripping with the substance. "Someone`s painted the roses red?" she wondered aloud, completely perplexed for a moment. Finally, she managed to push herself up, wiping the red from her hand onto a nearby leaf. "That is an odd thing to do.. but it doesn`t mean I`m in Wonderland..." she reasoned quietly to herself. Taking a step forward, she froze in her tracks as the sound of a loud horn off in the distance erupted through the air. Now that she tuned into it, she could hear soft chattering, some shouting, and then a loud crash. Glancing up into the sky, or the lack thereof, Zora squinted as she saw a soft, blue shape rise up and start to fall back towards the ground. "A bird...?" she asked aloud, again to no one but herself in particular, reminding herself of her inquisitive nature.

Down, down, down the little blue spec flew until it neared the area Zora was in. Should she catch it? What if it was meant to hurt her? The last thought prompted her to hold her head in her hands and brace for any sort of impact. Although, the impact never came. Instead, a soft bouncing could be heard, followed by a playful giggle. Raising her brow, Zora let go of her head and looked around for the source of the sound. A few paces away from her was a tiny, blue hedgehog looking animal, rolling about on its back, giggling. "Are you alright?" she asked, walking over to the creature and kneeling down beside it. It snapped its head up in her direction and immediately started to shiver. "She`ll kill you, run away, off with your head!!" the little thing said, immediately confirming Zora`s suspicions about where she was. Obviously, she was in Wonderland, but who was this little hedgehog talking about? "She`ll kill me? Why would anyone do that?" she asked, only to have the hedgehog giggle and roll in on itself. Now, it looked like a tiny blue, spiked ball. Sighing softly, Zora shook her head. "Well, you`re of no he-" she started, only to end her sentence with a small shriek as a hand came down on her shoulder.

"We`ve found the intruder, my Queen -- shall we cut her head off?" Zora turned slightly and found herself face to face with a large ... playing card? An Ace of Hearts, to be exact. Except, this one spoke. "Aah.. what have we here?" a woman`s voice broke through the area and soon she emerged from the bushes, holding a flamingo by its feet. She was dressed in a beautiful red and black gown, and her head adorned a hat that resembled a heart. Even her makeup was all red, her lips accentuated with a soft heart shape. "My name is Zora ma`am.. I just.." she began, only to be prodded by something sharp by the card holding onto her. "You may only address the Queen if she addresses you!" the card scolded as the Queen walked forward and placed both hands on Zora`s cheeks. Zora swallowed nervously and nodded her head lightly, looking up at the woman with pleading eyes. "She looks to me like an Alice.." the woman said, prompting a loud gasp from the flamingo in her hand. She quickly shut it up by knocking its head against the grassy ground. "Please.. I`m just looking for my friend..." Zora said as the woman pinched her cheeks and stepped away from her. "Oh, well then child.. why don`t you come with me. We`ll have some tea and you can tell me about your friend" the woman stated, nodding at the card who shoved her forward and finally let her go.

Soon, she was walking arm in arm with this Queen, who was leading her through the maze of bushes towards a grand looking castle. Maybe she really could help, if she was the ruler of Wonderland.

Invisible Sex Symbol

8,475 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                                      The Hatter curled into himself as he stared into the darkness. Somewhere below him, he could hear the Unbirthday chants and songs echo through the trees, who were swaying along cheerfully to the melody. Teacups clinked together before falling back upon their saucers. The kettle whistled daringly with a fresh batch ready to be served. All the happiness and cheer below him made Hatter even more upset. While the others were calling for a Very Merry Unbirthday, Hatter was ready to call for a funeral. How could the creatures who were so ready to accept the girl as one of their own...not care that she was suddenly gone? How could they not care that he needed her there to truly be happy with the place that he once could find no flaws in? How could they care so little that a new life was found when she arrived, and two lives were taken away when she disappeared?

Through the cheers and laughter below, Hatter was remembering his last moments with her. She so badly wanted to leave Wonderland so suddenly. Everything seemed fine before that moment. Unlike the first time she ran from him, he hadn't done anything to scare her off. She simply seemed to have some sort of revelation that caused her to...run. And now...she was dead. He told her to go see the queen if she wanted out. It would have been safer. It would have kept her here longer. She'd still be alive, even...probably. The queen did have a thing for ordering "Off with her head!" at any form of intruder. Still, if she were to become kind enough to accept the girl as one of her own, she would surely be the only one who could help any living creature escape the depths of Wonderland. Hatter dwindled on this thought for a moment, but only for a moment, before it was once again lost within the recesses of his mind, chased away by the loud party below. The annoyance became unbearable as he ripped off his head and dropped it over the edge of the hammock, letting it land, somewhat painfully, on the table below.

"This is quite fitting. She's dead and you're throwing a party. Have you no sense of decency?" His words hit the creatures like poison and they all stared in disbelief. "She...she's dead?" the dormouse squeaked, dropping her tea as the trusses on her back stood on end. "You didn't tell us she died," the hare spoke quietly, contemplating the possibilities of death in Wonderland. No one here ever really dealt with death. Creatures always left before they died. They seemed to learn that something was going to happen to them if they were to stay here, so they'd find some way out. The Hatter had never experienced that before, and was somewhat lost in translation when it came to life and death in Wonderland. It seemed to be an understanding that the natives were born with. Hatter could feel his hand raising to cover his face, but with his head on the table about ten feet below him, he found the attempt to be futile. "I told you. She left. She told me we were going to die and then she left."

The cat, who had remained in his place, his grin never wavering, chuckled gently at the boy's ignorance. "She's not dead, dear. She's simply gone. She left Wonderland to go back to her own world--to your world." The statement was confusing, to say the least. How could she have returned after saying she was going to die? Why would she go back if she was going to die? "If it's my world...how could she figure out how to return to it when I can't?" The question fell out of his mouth like an echo in a cave, and the man, momentarily, felt guilty for even questioning it. Nobody ever wanted to leave Wonderland. He didn't want to leave Wonderland, but the curiosity was killing him. The world which used to seem so unobtainable was suddenly being dangled right in front of his face, just barely out of his reach. The cat's simple response seemed only to move the object lower, but not closer in any way. "She still had an attachment to the world...one that has long since been severed in you."

Severed? What did that mean? Did it mean that he had no more connection to the real world? Maybe the girl was right. Maybe he did need to get out of here while he still had the chance. "Rabbit! Bring me my head! I need to go speak with the Queen."
                                                      "The Rabbit left, Hatter," the dormouse spoke up, having long since calmed down.
                                                      "Left? What do you mean he left? Where did he go?"
                                                      "To the castle with the Queen. He was late."
                                                      "He's always late! What made today any different?"
                                                      "It's the Queen's croquet day."
                                                      "...He really was late."

User Image

Hygenic Dabbler

User Image

User Image
                                          She couldn't believe she hadn't seen the castle sooner. It seemed to be looming above them from ever angle. Although, she didn't have much time to stop and stare at it, the Queen`s pace was quick and she was worried if she dawdled for a second her card`s would be prodding her in the back with their spears. Hanging from just about every window were long banners, displaying large, red hearts proudly. "This is magnificent your Majesty.." Zora said breathlessly, offering the Queen a simple smile. The Queen simply nodded her head in agreement, "of course it is. It`s my home after all.." the Queen snapped, hurrying up a flight up stairs towards two large, double doors. It was at that moment Zora spied the white rabbit again, standing nervously inside the foyer, fumbling with his over-sized pocket watch. "You`re late~" the Queen spat, shaking her head as she brushed past the shivering creature, not giving Zora a chance to do anything but offer the rabbit a soft smile before she was whisked into the next room. "Now, we can`t have you wearing that.. you`ll go with my slave here and she`ll dress you accordingly. Hop to!" the Queen said, passing her off to a kind looking, five of hearts. "Do try not to be late for dinner!" the Queen called over her shoulder as she left the room.

"Dinner? I- I`m afraid I don`t have time for that, I really must be getting back to my friend …." she whispered to the Five, who was now leading her down a small corridor towards an empty room. "Don`t say that… you can`t disobey the Queen. She`ll have your head.." the card explained as she finally let go of Zora and ushered her over to the window seat. "I`ll be right back…" she said, turning and walking into what looked like a large, walk-in closet. When she re-emerged she was holding in her hand a pouffy-looking, grey gown. It was, in a word, hideous. Zora shook her head and turned up her nose slightly. "Oh, no.. I don`t think that will look good on me at all…" she said, pushing herself to her feet to accentuate her point. The Card`s eyes widened and she shook her head, "no one looks better than the Queen, ever. You must wear this… stop being so defiant" she warned, tugging at Zora`s clothes until she`d stripped her of them. "Oh.. I can do this.. myself.." she said, resisting the urge to giggle as the Card pulled the large dress over Zora`s head and she began practically swimming through it. Eventually, her head popped out of the dress and it slid easily over the rest of her body, her eyes darting immediately to a large, floor length mirror. "Well, I certainly won`t be meeting any boys in this.. will I?" she said with a soft laugh, spinning around in the dress. It would have been cute, if it weren't itself floor-length and about as wide as she were long.

"Come now.. dinner time!" the Card said, grabbing Zora`s hand and pulling her from the room. "Does the Queen know Hatter? Does she know a way out of Wonderland?" she asked as she was pulled quickly back down the corridor and through several other hallways. "The Hatter? Oh dear. Have you mentioned him to her? She doesn`t much like the boy, in fact, you ought to try to avoid the topic. And for the Queen`s sake, don`t EVER ask about leaving Wonderland…" she said, her voice shaky now. What was it about Hatter that the Queen hated so much? And why couldn't she ask about leaving Wonderland? Sighing softly, Zora was about to protest when a pair of hands came from no where and pushed her forward through another large set of doors into a most magnificent dining hall. Zora`s eyes widened slightly and she stood silent for a moment until the Queen`s thunderous voice rand out. "SIT DOWN~! YOU`RE LATE!" It seemed as if everyone but the Queen herself was always late and Zora couldn't help but roll her eyes as she walked along the long table to the place beside the Queen. "I`m sorry, your Elegance../b]" she said softly, sitting down and clamping her mouth shut. "No mind.. no mind. We have important matters to discuss, dear. Now, what is it you know about the Hatter? You`re his friend?" she asked, cocking her head to the side slightly and picking up a large, golden goblet. Zora couldn't tell what was in it, but she hoped it wasn't something that would make the Queen`s mood any worse. Alcohol always brought out the worst in people, but she wasn't sure it existed in this place.

Remembering that the Card had warned her not to discuss Hatter, she swallowed and picked up an odd looking berry from her plate. "The Hatter? Oh, I only briefly met him when I intruded upon his tea party some time ago…" she answered, not lying -- but omitting a few bits of the truth. "Shame.. I wanted him to join us tonight, but I haven`t been able to find him. Perhaps you know the way back to the tea party?" the Queen pried, leaning forward slightly as she stared into Zora`s eyes. Zora simply shook her head, "Why, I was lost in the beginning. I`m not sure how I`d ever get back there.." she answered softly, glancing down at the table before looking back up at the Queen. The patience in her face was slowly fading and was beginning to worry Zora. Glancing down the table, now, she saw the white rabbit who, once he met eyes with her, immediately looked away. Perhaps she shouldn't mention anything about the rabbit being there. Stowing away the thought, she sighed and turned back to the Queen. "I am sorry I can`t be more helpful…" she said, biting her lip softly. The Queen merely wagged her finger at the girl and sighed herself. "It is a shame, but -- you are my guest. Please, eat until you`re full; and then perhaps we can discuss your plans in Wonderland…" the Queen added. Zora couldn't help but wonder if the Queen knew that she wasn't from here, and if she did -- which she probably did -- what would she want from her? Would she want her to work for her? Or lure in Hatter? Zora was also fully aware that she didn`t have much time. Her body would probably die from coming back here, and Hatter's already was.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff