Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

{K}{I}{L}{A}{L}{A}
-KiKi-
{L}{O}{V}{E}{L}{A}{C}{E}

" Be Careful...This rose still has all her throns..."

Kilala kept her eyes off of Mr. Cornwell. What was all this talk about buisness and what not? Was this kid for real? No wonder he seemed like such a stick in the mud! Kilala didn't like this...she didn't like this at all! But what could she do? She already knew that she was not going to accept the marriage...but it seemed like he needed her help....just because their son was so wrapped up in his future. At least he was thinking about his future. Hearing about this girlfriend of his...she frowned deeply. " Well that's stupid...if you don't take a girl out then of course she's gonna get like that...for your son to be such a 'sucess' he fails miserably at life..." she muttered, it was harsh, but it was true. " I'm not going to put my time and effort into trying to break your son out of his one tracked mind set..." she muttered, " That is not what I am there to do..." she said as she turned around to head back out of the living room before she stopped and gazed down. " I'm not doing this for you...I'm doing this...for my family..." she muttered as she let out a deep breath and looked back over to him with soft eyes. " Look...I'm sorry for being so rude....to both you and your wife...and...I thank you for helping my father...you are truely a great friend...." she said softly, looking off to the side and frowning a little bit. " I don't exactly want to say...I dislike your son...but...I'm not to fond of him either..." she grumbled, " Nothing against you or your family personally...but...money...not really my thing...I won't be trouble for you..." she said softly. " I know...papa loves me...He's giving love from him...and mama..." she said softly and sighed as she held her head up and put her hands behind her back. " Well it was nice doing business with you Mr. Cornwell...tell your son he's got some competition for that future CEO position..." she said, her tone a little bit humorous as she left the room.

In doing so, Kilala looked up to her father, seeing him stand up quickly. He parted his mouth to say something to her when his 'wife' intervined. " You've got a lot of nerve...trying to call the shots-" " Shut up you old hag..." she muttered harshly, causing her mother to flinch in anger as she looked to her father, pushing her aside and going upstairs. Kilala shook her head a little bit and looked back up to her father. " Papa..." she said softly, looking to him with soft eyes as she looked down at the ground. " I...I still don't want to marry him...but...I will stay with them...for a little while..." she said, quickly looking up to Mr. Cornwell. " Only if I can come over sometimes to spend time with him and my little brother! And if my little brother can come visit me as well as my dad!" she demanded, knowing that he couldn't refuse that. Seeing that he was nodding a little bit, Kilala let out a breath as her father hugged her tightly to him. " Thank you...I'm so..." he began as Kilala wrapped her arms around her father. She closed her eyes and smiled softly. " Don't be...I understand..." she said softly. She knew that Keith was going to raise hell about this...they weren't going to get along...well not right off...that is...she just hoped Louise wouldn't be too upset. " Uh...I guess...I'll see you tomorrow then..." she said softly, pulling away from her father and bowing to the two. " Again...I am sorry for errupting at the two of you like that...it was rude and I apologize..."

User Image
❝Sσmє caℓℓ it amвitiσn; I caℓℓ it thє drivєsuccєєd.❞
Keith Cornwell

In all actuality, it was only Mr. Cornwell and his wife that thought Keith was so uptight and anti-social. It was usually just because Keith's classes had a lot of course work, and although he came across as a genius, it took Keith nights of studying to get just a B+ on a test. Oh, the misunderstanding of a teenage boy's habits! So many late night study sessions with pots of coffee by his side while trying to figure out a particularly hard physics theory, while his parents thought he was slaving away over stock tables and financial records!

Keith suddenly choked on his spit, that thing that happens when your spit decides to take a different pipe while you're breathing.

"Are you alright, Keith?" asked Yonovich from the driver's seat. The BMW pulled up to Kilala's house.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Keith said, gasping for air. He walked up to Kilala's front door, and hesitated before knocking lightly. Kilala's father opened it, and Keith flinched; he had hoped his father would've opened it. "Uh, I'm sorry for, uh, leaving like that."

--------------------------------------
Every action I make has a purpose; each step I make will take me further.
User Image

{K}{I}{L}{A}{L}{A}
-KiKi-
{L}{O}{V}{E}{L}{A}{C}{E}

Kilala's father smiled softly and shook his head, seeming a little bit more cheerful than before. " It is alright and very understandable Keith" he said with a smile, welcoming him back in. He would fine that his father was standing near by, giving him a nod as his mother had pretty much backed her up into a corner, fawning over her and what not. " Oh...uh...thank you Mrs. Cornwell...I'm half Irish...Um My mother was Irish. That's where all this red hair came from..." she said softly, as she rubbed the back of her neck a little bit and gave her a weak smile as she tried not to be too embarrassed. She was really a sweet woman...yet she was still not too keen on the idea of living with them for the time being. Though Mr. Cornwell said that she was free to leave and see her family every now and again. Tomorrow was the day...that she would have to leave her family, the only upside to all of that was she didn't have to look at that horrid woman ever again. When Mrs. Cornwell spotted her violin near by, Kilala blinked and blushed deeply. " Its my mom's..." she said...hoping that she wouldn't ask her to play. She asked her to play, rather excited to see if Kilala had some musical talent. Kilala looked away in embarrassment. " Sure Mrs. Cornwell..." she said softly as she sighed, taking out her violin and closing her eyes, starting to play a soft song for her. She seemed so excited, looking back at her husband and smiling as she clapped her hands together and what not. " Oh honey! Isn't she marvoleous?! I am looking forward to having her over! Maybe she'll play for us!" she cried, giggling as Kilala seemed to blush a little bit more, playing for only a little bit longer until she stopped. She quickly put it away and went into the kitchen, not wanting to be there at the moment so she went to work on the dishes.

User Image
Keith Cornwell

Keith sighed as he entered the house and saw his mother fawning over Kilala. As Kilala picked up her violin and played a song, Keith turned to his father.

"What're you guys up to now?" he asked, irritation tainting his voice.

"Kilala has agreed to come and live with us for a while," his father said, sheepishly. "We've decided she can stay with us, and see what happens from there. Quite truthfully, I''m rather glad she can get away from that wretch of a woman." His father gestured to Kilala's step-mother, who was in the kitchen and could be seen on the telephone. Keith guessed that she was gossiping to whatever troupe of heavily made-up women she hung out with. Kilala finished playing and put her violin away. Mrs. Cornwell looked as if she was in a state of bliss.

"Lovely playing, Kilala," Mr. Cornwell said, clapping a little. "Well! I suppose we'll leave now. Good night. We'll come by to pick you up after school tomorrow, ok? Since tomorrow is Friday, it should go fairly easily."

As the Cornwell family bid good night to the Lovelaces, Keith saw Kilala as she headed upstairs. She looked sad, but also determined. Keith rubbed his face tiredly. 'Let her live with us,' he thought, as his family drove home. 'It won't change anything.' And so, the night ended. [[and so did my imagination. what a lame line. D: ]]

User Image

{K}{I}{L}{A}{L}{A}
-KiKi-
{L}{O}{V}{E}{L}{A}{C}{E}

Kilala didn't want to wake up that morning...hoping that last night was just a dream. She frowned when she realized that everything that happened...had happened. Waking up and walking downstair to see that the driver had all of her bags that she needed to stay with the Cornwells. Kilala sighed once again and rubbed the back of her head, patting off her skirt a little bit as she kissed her father goodbye. Good thing her brother had already left for school...she didn't want him to see the bags that were packed...she didn't even know how she was going to explain this to him. Running her hands through her hair, the driver smiled up at her as she walked towards the kitchen. No one was home...not even that loud woman that her father had married. " Good morning Mrs. Lovelace" he said, smiling at her as she turned her head and smiled at him. " Goodmorning Claude" she said, addressing him by his first name and smiling a little bit as she grabbed two pieces of french toast and stuck one of them in her mouth. " Here" she said, handing him one and smiling a little bit more as he bit into it, Ready to take her to school.

As they headed off outside, she was surprised to see that her best friend Lousie who seemed rather confused. " Hey Lousie" Kilala said casually as he looked to her, breathing heavily and running up to her. " Kilala what the hell is going on?" he asked, " I saw this guy putting your bags in this car...what the hell happened? You and that horrid woman get in a fight?" he asked with concern. Kilala looked at him and sighed heavily, shaking her head as she looked to Claude. " Hey...can he ride with us? I gotta explain to him what's going on..." she said softly as Claude nodded, letting them ride in the back. " YOU HAVE TO WHAT?!" he shouted, Causing Kilala to flinch a little bit and sighed heavily. " I'm not going to...I'm just going to have to stay over there for a little bit...it seems like I have to at first...but when I turn 18 I'm going to refuse...I already talked this out with his father." she said, though Louise was NOT thrilled. " I'm going to kick his a**! You are not going to marry some little rich boy!" he shouted as Kilala reached over and smacked him in the back of the head. " Shut up LouLou!" she growled, causing him to shut his mouth and frown as they pulled up to her school. There was still a little bit more time until the bell rang, Climbing out Kilala stretched and grabbed her bag as Louise stood by the car. " So what's the little p***k look like?" he growled, obviously jealous since he had an obvious thing for Kilala. Kilala looked around and didn't see Keith's car, sighing heavily.

" Don't go on beating up people...don't be a jerk" she said and frowned a little bit more, " Anyways...its not like we like each other...no need to feel threatened..." she muttered as she looked over and saw that there were some people staring and watching her. " This place gives me the creeps..." she muttered as Claude stuck his head out of the window. " Ms. Lovelace...I have just been informed by Mr. Cornwell...that you have to walk into the school with Keith...hand in hand..." he said, Kilala looking like she was going to kill that man. " WHAT?!" she shouted, " It's his orders...and Keith must follow them as well..." he said, waiting for Keith's car to come. Kilala face palmed...nothing could get anyworse.

User Image
Keith Cornwell

Keith struggled as usual to leave his sun-warmed bed, and trudged downstairs, mind dulled by fuzzy sleep feelings. His mother greeted him cheerfully and handed him his daily cup of coffee.

"So, Keith, looking forward to school today? You'll finally have those girls at school off your back," she said, toasting a slice of bread. "Ah...that's right. It can be for like, five minutes, but you have to hold Kilala's hand sometime today, ok?"

Keith choked on his coffee and stared at his mother. The events from last night crashed down and woke him up like a cold wave of water. "H-hold hands? What for?! We've already agreed that we weren't getting married!"

"Your father is afraid of those girls at school who've been plotting to make you their husband," Mrs. Cornwell said, cheerfully buttering her toast. "Its not like you have to mean it, and its just holding hands in the hallway or something. Spread a few rumors, pretend you're no longer available, and viola! No more worries about one of those wretched twits sucking your life savings out by the cent!"

Keith inched slowly towards the front door as his mother bent the butter knife against the counter top while the small tub of butter was clenched in her grasp. Making his mother mad was nothing like making his father mad; Mr. Cornwell was soft on his children, but Mrs. Cornwell was like any other woman and could let a grudge sit for years. She still occasionally reminded his father every now and then about the forgotten wedding anniversary four years ago, but behind the teasing voice was another that said, "Do it again and you'll pay, dear!" Keith had a sneaking suspicion that his mother was more behind the hand-holding command than his father.

"Ugghhh...I'll have no choice, then. Mom knows a lot of my classmates' parents. If there isn't some sort of rumor going around by tomorrow, she'll know I didn't hold Kilala's hand," Keith thought, heading out towards Yonovich's car. "And to top it all off, she's coming to stay tonight. There's only two open rooms in the house: One on the floor level by the kitchen, and one next to my room. The floor level is a storage place for Mom's indoor plant supplies...I'm gonna be stuck with Kilala as a next door neighbor unless Ms. Ketzpow gets it clean.'

Keith got out of the car at school, took a quick look around, and didn't see Kilala anywhere. Sighing, he went inside the school building, and headed towards Calculus. He'd see her there, and maybe they can talk a little before class started.

User Image

{K}{I}{L}{A}{L}{A}
-KiKi-
{L}{O}{V}{E}{L}{A}{C}{E}

“ HA! You waited for that jerk for like 10 minutes and he didn’t even show!? Come on that gives me every right to kick his a**!” he cried, a few of the students casting odd looks towards him as he followed Kiala to her Calculus class. Kilala had to admit, she was rather annoyed at the fact that she had so graciously waited for Keith to “ hold his hand” and that kid had the nerve to not show up?! He was starting to get on her bad side already. “ Shut up LouLou….you’re not helping the situation at hand ya know that?” she muttered as she started to go towards Cal and frowned once she had gotten there. There he was…talking to Jimmy…THE NERVE OF THE GUY! Just because they didn’t like each other doesn’t mean he could blow her off like that! Kilala blinked for a moment, frowning as she smacked herself in the face and dragged her hand down slowly with a light hue of pink on her cheeks. “ Why the hell do I care? I’m not gonna marry the guy…” she muttered to herself as she shook her head a little bit and sighed heavily as she slipped her bag off of her shoulder and into her hands. Louise was still not amused at the fact that his best friend…and the girl that he was nearly in love with…had to marry some random guy that she knew nothing about…other than the fact that he was pretty much loaded and what not..but that really meant nothing! Lousie scanned the room….getting a lot of stares, considering that he was not a student there and that he was rather…tall for a high schooler.

“ Is that him…that kid over there?” he asked, not bothering to keep his voice down as he looked to Keith with a glare. He started to make his way forwards past Kilala when he received a swift and sharp elbow attack in the stomach by the feisty little red headed girl. “I swear LouLou…you start making trouble for me here and you will regret it…” she growled as some of the guys seemed to look over and gush at how tough Kilala was. They have never seen a girl like THAT before! Some of the girls were talking about how much of a brute she was…what was she doing at a school like that anyhow. Kilala ignored the students who were close enough for her to hear, turning to Louise with a frown. “ Yeah that’s him…and if you do anything to him I will murder you…got that?” she hissed as she glared at him…Louise returning that same glare as he looked up to Keith and growled. “ Fine…I won’t you are doing this for your family…not for him…” he said as he stood up, one of the teacher passing by shouting at him. Louise turned his head and frowned at the teacher, who seemed to jump a little bit and told him to leave the school or he was going to have him thrown out.

“ Yeah Yeah Yeah” he muttered, picking his ear a little bit and frowning even more are he looked back towards Kilala. “ If that kid even touches you wrong you better let me know…” he said, not even bothering to keep his voice down as he received yet another blow to the stomach. “ Will you cut that out?!” he shouted, the class going silent as Kilala looked to everyone and face palmed yet again. “ Lou Lou…just go. You’re already causing a scene that’s going to be one of the many rumors about me being a new student here…I’ll call you later alright? Just go to school…” she said, her eyes threatening him to leave. He sighed heavily, ruffling her hair and turning around and waving to her. “ Catch ya later Kiki…” he called, Kilala sighing heavily and waving back at him slightly. “ Tell the guys I said what’s up for me” she called back as she turned around to face all the students who seemed rather confused. Kilala swallowed, shaking her head a little bit. “ What can I say? Overprotective best friend” she said with a light laugh…of course no one else laughed which caused her to frown and stalk over to her seat and toss her bag on the ground. She didn’t even bother to stop by Keith and Jimmy…now she was just annoyed with the whole situation.

“ Why…why did I even agree to this…” she thought to herself…wanting to kick herself as she sighed heavily. Kilala lifted her head a little bit from her desk and turned and looked at Keith at the moment who was not too far from her, slowly rising up from her seat she walked over, at the same time stopping a group of girls that were coming up towards him until they saw her, after seeing what she had did to that guy…they were a little scared. “ Yo” she said waving a little to the two as she looked to Keith with an arched brow. “ Funny…didn’t see you at the gate…what are you avoiding me now?” she said, smirking a little bit.…though it was meant to be a little bit as a joke…though she was still a little annoyed by his no show since she had been told she had to walk into the school with him.

User Image
Keith Cornwell

Jimmy first laughed at Keith at the news of his father's scheme, and then patted him on the back, claiming that he no longer had to worry about Keith living as a bachelor for the rest of his life. The two guys watched as Kilala entered the room and Keith wondered briefly where she had been since he had been waiting for her for quite some time. A loud-mouthed, tall boy entered the room with her, and Keith suddenly understood; this must be one of her friends, judging by the way the guy was familiar with Kilala and argued with her easily. Keith heard them mention someone and bristled since it could have only been him that would cause such a fuss.

'What the heck! He doesn't know jack about my side in this!' Keith thought, angrily. As the guy left, Keith took a seat next to Kilala and greeted her.

"Avoided? No, I looked for you outside but didn't see you, so I came inside. Who was that? He certainly wasn't quiet..." The class watched the two out of the corners of their eyes, interested in the two's sudden familiarity.

User Image

{K}{I}{L}{A}{L}{A}
-KiKi-
{L}{O}{V}{E}{L}{A}{C}{E}

Kilala arched an eyebrow at him before she frowned a little bit. " Waited for me? I waited for you. Unless your parents arranged our travel times as well..." she said shaking her head a little bit and sighing as he sat beside her, closing her eyes and facing forward until he spoke about Louise. " Oh him? That's Louise. Call him Lou Lou and he'll kill you..." she said flatly, opening her eyes in the bored like manner that was all to familar. " Yeah he ain't exactly volume 5 material...we've been friends ever since I first moved from France....we were still in diapers when our parents met yadda yadda..." she said, flicking her wrist a little bit to make the gesture go along with her words. " Anywho...you don't need to worry about him...if he knows what's good for him he'll stay in his place and keep his mouth shut for the mean time...there's nothing he can do given our situation...You see...he kind of has a thing for me...and even though he knows how I feel...he just likes to think I'm playing hard to get...guess this was a little bit of a wake up call..." Kilala shrugged as if not really carring at all. She then frowned deeply. " I don't know what the hell he's so upset for anyways...his hand wasn't auctioned off..." she grumbled as she sighed and closed her eyes a little bit and shook her head.

" Hellllloooo Keith~" a voice suddenly rang infront of the two, causing Kilala to open her eyes a little bit and look up to see a short haired blonde with glasses that was backed up by a bunch of other girls who seemed to be oogling at him. The girl's name was Lisa...and she was the president of the little Keith fan club that was buzzing around school. Of course she had called full dibs on Keith...meaning no one else could have him but her...since she was the president of the fan club. She smiled and adjusted her glasses, not giving Kilala a glance as she smiled at the young man. " So how have you been Keith? Are things going well with your father's buisness?" she asked, smiling a little bit more as she seemed to lean in more to him. Kiala arched a brow as she turned her head to the window, sighing softly and closing her eyes. " Didn't know rich girls were so greedy..." she muttered, a little bit annoyed. Lisa lifted her head and looked to the red head, arching a brow at the moment. " Pardon?" she said softly, smiling still as Kilala blew a piece of hair out of her face.

" You heard me princess....back off the kid alright? He's got enough problems on his plate as it is...and his problems are now my own..." she muttered in a regretable manner. " You're father owes me big time..." she said, glancing over at Keith and narrowing her eyes a little bit, now she was annoyed...by the situation and because of this new girl infront of her. Lisa blinked, scoffing a little bit as she tossed her short hair slightly. " Well I'm sure you don't know what you are talking about sweetie....you are obviously new here and just don't know who you are talking to...let me properly introduce myself...I'm Lisa You--"

" Don't care who you are..." she said, waving her off completely. Lisa was the most popular girl in school! This was Kilala's chance to be in the in crowd! Would she take it? Of course not. Lisa's mouth was open slightly, in shock as she whipped her head to look at Keith, cheeks puffed up a little bit as she put her hands on his desk. " How rude is she?! Why I'm so sorry you have to sit by this...this...commoner!" she cried, looking over to Kilala, who turned her head to look at Lisa who was smirking. "Yeah...I went there" she said folding her hads and smiling proudly. Kilala looked at her, arching a brow as she laughed a little bit. " You talk big for a blonde haired leech" she said, shooting a look right back at her. " Oh and as for that commoner wise crack princess....I'll show ya something we commoners call a fist..." she said, " And no that was not a threat...it was a promise" she said with a grin as Lisa almost looked horrified. She and her little followers scoffed and turned to go to their seats, Kilala watching them and shaking her head. " I totally see what you're mom was getting at..." she muttered, turning her head back to look out of the window.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff