• Married 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
User Image

> > volunteer firefighter + country boy
                                  All that I know is I'm breathing.
                                  All I can do is keep breathing.
                                  All we can do is keep breathing.

current heart rate: 120

He knew that he wouldn't hate Chicago. While it would kill him not to be able to be really allowed to walk around his front yard in his boxers in the morning, he knew a number one reason why Chicago would just have to do. She was there. He looked up at her and huffed at her, "Not for the past five years, Emily. And that's mean, you just want me all to yourself, huh?" Not that he would complain. Rolling onto his belly, he felt the engagement ring around his neck shift against the inside of his shirt. She was meant to be here to help her parents but he was hoping that she would at least sit aside some time for him. Leaning up on his elbows, he asked in a quiet tone, "How long do we have you, little bit?"

He decided that it would be harder this time, letting her go. Watching her head to the airport and leave him behind in the dust. It had hurt so bad the first time. He never left his small house for long back then. God, that house was so tiny and he knew that Emily hated it. It wasn't a proper place to raise a family and he had tried hard to save money, in which made her more upset when he took more shifts working at the mechanic shop. Now, since his parents' death, he sold the little house and owned that two story beautiful with several acres of land that lead right out to a lake. The perfect place to raise a family.

"I have the other notes. And some pictures and stuff. Old ticket stubs. I think they're locked up in my bedroom somewhere." Or maybe even the tree house, which he took upon repairing in his spare time. When she slid back down on the bed beside him, he shifted once more, laying on his side to face towards her. He felt the smile inch over his mouth and he commented right back, "No, I only loved this bed because you were usually cuddled right beside me in it." He loved those nights. While the nights weren't popular with her parents (given that a man was sleeping beside their daughter), they allowed him to stay any night he wanted to and hold their little girl tight against his chest as they slept. She mentioned Chicago once more and he watched her speak. He swallowed hard and he finally whispered what he had been wanting to say for the past five years.

"Emily, I miss you." he started, unable to look at her, ashamed for not saying any of this sooner. "I said some awful things that I didn't mean that night. I just want my best friend back." He didn't care if he couldn't have her on a romantic level, he just wanted her any way that he could get her. He could remember that night clear as a bell, nervous as hell because of the ring box sitting in his pants pocket. Then he was yelling at her, calling her selfish for wanting to leave everyone behind. He often wondered if she had asked him to go with her one more time if he had gone. But he had no skills, no trade. He never went to college and all he knew how to do back then was repair cars into working condition. Now, he was another month away from getting his fire license and he'd make something of himself.

zootie patootie's Partner

Anxious Pal

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

☇ ☇ You and I were, you and I were fire, fire, fireworks
                                  ☇ ☇ I said I'd never miss you
                                  ☇ ☇ But I guess you'll never know
                                  ☇ ☇ May the bridges I have burned light my way back home

Five years. Meaning he hadn’t seen anyone since her. She could feel her heart pick up again and she found herself nodding. “Did you ever really doubt that? I was always spending time with you before, I think it actually made my parents jealous.” Watching him roll around, she sighed softly. It felt like just before, the two of them curled up on her bed together. Even when they had been just friends, Emily knew she could always count on Taylor to be joining her in her bed for school work or something. “Two weeks to a month, I just got promoted so they can’t give me any more than that. I wish I could stay longer though.” She said, matching her tone to his. She loved the nickname he had called her, remembering the first time he had said it playfully.

“I think I still have some other stuff as well. Probably all packed up still. Not matter how long I have lived in my place; it still feels like I am moving in. Guess it just doesn’t feel like home.” She moved to lie down next to him, feeling him shifting around next to her. Commenting on his love for her bed, she felt her breath catch up in her throat at his response. “You always were the best pillow. And one of the best cuddlers. Haven’t met anyone who even gets close to you.” She loved those nights, even if she had to fight for them. She loved having him curl up beside her, her head tucked in perfectly underneath his chin. It felt like they had fit together perfectly. Even though she hadn’t slept next to anyone besides him, she knew she wouldn’t fit with anyone else. It was just an accepted fact. “I wonder if it would still be as comfortable.”

Swallowing hard at his next statement, she immediately replied with, “I miss you too. I used to turn and look for you when I did something awesome and it almost killed me when you weren’t there.” Nodding along to his apology for that night, the memories came to the forefront of her mind. She had been nervous to tell him about leaving, about her plans for them. They could get out of the small town and live somewhere where he could get a job as a mechanic and she could do more school or something. She just needed out. Telling him turned into yelling that she felt cooped up and that she wanted to get out of this one-stop town. She had practically begged him to come with her, promising that they would be okay, that they would make it. It hadn’t made a difference though.

“I’m sorry for what I said, too. I just had this whole perfect plan in my head that I never considered that you wouldn’t go for it. But even as mad as we were at each other, you always have been my best friend and always will be.” She smiled at him before leaning in and giving him a kiss on the cheek, something they used to do to seal promises. “No one else could ever replace you either, just so you know.”

Beloved Wife

8,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100
User Image

current heart rate: 92

Two weeks to a month. That wasn't enough time. He needed more time, he wanted her to come back to him. He knew that the chance of her staying here with him was slim to none but he wanted to try, for her. Maybe he'd go to Chicago. After all, there was nothing left for him here in the first place. She was talking about how her place in Chicago never felt like home, how he was the best pillow. His heart began to patter. Why was she doing this to him? This was just a sick game. No one could get close to her like he was, not even that other fire fighter that she had dated.

He loved her. He could tell himself a million times over and again that he didn't. But he did. His heart and mind was stuck on her and it would never go away for as long as he lived. His eyes shifted and looked at her. "Well, let's not wonder, huh?" he smiled, scooting over to her. His arms slowly wrapped around her body and he tugged her carefully to his chest. And it felt like nothing had happened between them at all, like they were twenty-three again and they were in hopeless love. He rested his chin gently on the top of her head and he closed his eyes when his vision blackened a bit as his heart thudded heavily in his chest. Her soft lips touched his cheek and he knew that if he died right now, he'd be a happy man. While it didn't fix their ailments of their romantic relationship, at least he knew that his best friend would never be too far away.

He couldn't help himself. Shifting down against the bed, he lifted his large hand and touched underneath her chin. "I'm sorry, Emily." With that being said, he leaned down and pressed his mouth right to hers. Memories sparked back and he felt his heart give a kickstart as he tightened his grip around her waist. It was just like the last time they had kissed and he had half a mind to open his mouth until he heard the bedroom door open. "Emily? Oh, Taylor!"

He jerked back away from Emily and slipped right off the bed, landing on his back with a thud. He whined and groaned, sitting up and rubbing his back. He looked up, seeing the older woman stand before him with her hands on her hips and glaring down at him with a disapproving look. "You two might think you're grown but this is my house and I do appreciate you asking before you sleep with Emily in her bed. The condition started when you two were ten and the condition still stands! Now go clean up, it's time for dinner!"

"Y-Y-Yes, ma'am!" he stuttered, jumping up and rushing away, his cheeks pink from embarrassment. He rushed to the bathroom, washing his hands and smiling like a goofball at the porcelain sink. Then, he was in his bedroom, fishing his medication from the drawer and popping two of the pills, sighing quietly when he swallowed them. Taking the steps two by two, he helped Mr. Hansen to the table, helping him sit and pouring iced tea in four glasses, setting them down beside their respectable plates.

Anxious Pal

The second his lips touched hers, she froze. It brought her back to the last time they kissed, soft and gentle like this and her mind finally decided to catch up, her lips moving against his. Pressing in closer to him, she felt the shock of right slam through her. She knew no one else would ever kiss her like Taylor did and she had half a mind to push for more, a more solid kiss, before her mom came in. Everything came to a halt then, Taylor throwing himself off the bed and her mother moving to stand near him. Sitting up on the bed, she couldn’t help the blush that flushed her face. Even this brought back memories, her mother or father catching them kissing in different parts of the house, hopelessly in love. Listening to her mom scold Taylor, Emily moved to go wash up in her bathroom.

There, she stood, looking in the mirror, seeing the blush scrawled on her face, the deeper pink of her lips, and she reached up to touch them. What were they even doing? It had been five years since there had been anything between them. Five years for them to move on. So what had happened? Emily had kissed other men since, a few years after leaving and after she felt ready to move on. But none of them had ever matched up. Which made sense, seeing as Taylor had been the first guy she kissed and she had always guessed he would be the last, so she figured that is what happened. She hadn’t seen him in years so it dredged up old feelings never laid to rest. They could move on from this. Obviously they had from their fight, though the years in between probably helped cool the anger and hurt. Still. If they could move past that then this would be easy.

Unless one of them fought for more.

Shaking her head, she started up the faucet, scrubbing her hands clean and toweling them dry. Making her way back into the kitchen, she stood in the doorway while Taylor helped her dad into his seat. Finding her old one, she kept her gaze down when Taylor settled into his own seat. Once her mother had dinner served, Emily kept herself focused on that. “So, Emily, tell me what you have been up to? Are there any boys I should be expecting to show up?” Setting her fork down and finishing her bite, she responded, “Taylor has just been keeping me company. And no dad, no boys. Not too many of them have caught my eye.” More like almost none of them had and that firefighter she had dated had mostly been a blind date turned somewhat relationship because she needed to prove she was over Taylor.

“Your mama told me she caught you and Taylor. Just like old times.” She tensed at that, sending a looking over at Taylor to help bail her out.

Beloved Wife

8,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100
User Image

current heart rate: 88

Taylor was excited, to say the least. He took a bite of his food, eating faster than he used to the last time Emily had seen him. Her parents had gotten used to it, knowing that he was used to wolfing down his food in case an alarm sounded. He listened to their chatter, lifting up his glass of tea and taking a sip. He sat across from Emily at the small square table, raising a brow when Mr. Hansen asked about other boys. She hadn't mentioned other men besides that one fire fighter from before. And while he figured that maybe the kiss meant nothing to her, he was hoping that he didn't cross some kind of line. Then, as she defended that no others were coming, her father said that her mom found them in the bedroom. Like old times. Taylor choked on his drink and cleared his throat, setting the glass down. They shot him a worried glance as his tanned cheeks went pink and he stumbled over his words, "Well, I mean, it was just... Uh..." He had no idea how to explain it. He barely knew what it was himself!

At that moment, a beeping noise filled the house. He pushed back his chair quickly and walked over to the coat rack. His hand clamped over a strap, one that went around his chest like a belt and had his radio clipped to it, alerting him that he was needed at the fire station. "I'll be back, it's the station. There's a fire." Pulling it around his chest, he couldn't help himself. Walking over to her, he leaned down and pressed his lips on Emily's cheek. Mumbling in her ear so her parents couldn't hear him, he said, "I'll be in that old tree house in an hour if you want to talk. And bring my ice cream." Pulling back, he waved goodbye to them before heading out the door and to his truck.

The fire lasted ten minutes. A small kitchen fire, easily put out with a fire extinguisher. Annoyed and disappointed, he climbed up the ladder that was planted firmly on the side of the tree, a backpack latched onto his back. He didn't waste his time with changing from his work gear, wearing his black boots, a blue fire department thermal, and his dark blue tactical pants. He crouched down a bit, knowing that the tree house was more built for his fourteen year old self before puberty than his 6'1" self now, he flopped down into the far corner. Stretching back, he shifted the backpack and looked inside of it, producing a beer and popping the tab. Taking a drink, he groaned happily before fishing out his small pillow, dropping it between his back and the wall, nestling back.

Anxious Pal

After dinner, she quickly cleared the table before shooting back to her room, closing the door with a thud and leaning back against it. Her parents had been giving her looks for the rest of dinner after Taylor left, the imprint of his lips still a ghost feeling on her cheek. Of course, Emily had given them nothing to work with, not knowing how to explain it herself. She had heard about best friends who kissed, had seen a couple of them herself, but she didn’t think they were going to be like that. Sighing, she moved around her room, grabbing an old backpack she had shoved in her closet from high school – which meant that her parents hadn’t gone through anything in her room, thankfully – and grabbed an old blanket and a pillow for herself. Shoving a jacket from her suitcases in as well, she slunk into the kitchen.

Grabbing both of their ice cream, she cut up a couple pieces of pie for them, knowing Taylor loved her mom’s baked goods. Snagging a water bottle as well, she left the house with a kiss to her father’s cheek and promising not to be out late. Just like old times.

Making it to the old treehouse in what had to be record time, she shouted, “Taylor, drop the ladder!” Climbing up the ladder, she laughed when she got in. “Look at you! All dressed up for little ol’ me.” Getting herself situated, she handed Taylor his ice cream, along with a piece of pie, before setting her pillow behind her back and saving the blanket for later. “I forgot how short you were when we made this. I think you were just barely past me at then.” She smiled, before grabbing her own ice cream. Munching a few bites, she looked over at Taylor and asked, “How was the fire? I take it it wasn’t too bad if you got here before me.”

“What made you want to be a firefighter anyway?” She asked, knowing she hadn’t ever heard the reason before. Her parents had mentioned it to her but she had ignored it at the time, the mention of him still too fresh of a wound. They never had called her without giving her some news of him, be it anything. But she liked hearing him talk, his voice still soothing to her over the years.

Beloved Wife

8,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100
User Image

current heart rate: 86

Taylor had almost fallen asleep when he heard a shout up to him. Setting his beer can to the side, he leaned over and dropped down the ladder, watching the small woman climb up. Helping her to the top, he settled back down against his pillow and smiled to her. She had actually showed up, almost thinking that she never would have. She could have easily bailed, she wasn't obligated to show up and spend time with him. Still, he was rather grateful that she did. Pressing his back against the pillow, he puffed up his cheeks and said, "My fire uniform isn't dressy." He gave her a teasing smile before setting his container of ice cream, thanking her for it and the piece of pie. Taking a bite, he let out an appreciative groan. Apple pie, his favorite. He could really die happily now.

He couldn't say the same five years ago.

He snorted, "Coming from the girl that still hasn't peeked... what, five feet?" He was teasing, he knew that he was only a few inches or so taller than her. Still, he loved poking fun at his little bit. Humming and easily devouring the pie and washing it down with a drink of his ber, he looked around the tree house. There were still little markings here and there from the boards that he didn't have to replace. "Boring. It was a little kitchen fire. Took less than thirty seconds to put out."

Taylor took off his boots and put them in the corner, stretching out his legs with a soft yawn escaping past his lips. "I wanted to help people. Don't get me wrong, I still repair cars and help your parents out on the farm. But I figured my life would mean a lot more if I helped people in their time of need." Taylor shrugged lightly. There was a point in his life, just weeks after his parents died and she disappeared from his life, the had wanted it to just... stop. He wasn't interested in moving on, knowing that he was utterly and truly alone. There was a period of time that Emily's parents stopped by his house just to make sure he was eating something. He hoped and prayed that her father would never tell her how he walked into the house and caught Taylor with the gun to his own head.

That was only a year ago.

Looking over at her, he finally said what was lurking in the back of his mind, "I wanted to talk to you about... the kiss. I know that you'll go back to Chicago and I won't blame you for pushing me away now but... it was just never over for me."

Anxious Pal

“Just when I think you can’t become a nicer person, you have to go and risk your life so you can save theirs,” she teased, a playful grin on her face. “I guess it fits you though. You always did like to help dad out with stuff. And sacrifice yourself for my math homework. I don’t think I would have gotten through geometry without you and that big brain of yours.” Taking a bite of her ice cream, she hummed happily. Knowing he had finished off his piece of pie, she offered hers to him, saying, “Mom always said growing boys need to eat.” She recalled, with a laugh, remembering every time her mother said that as she shoved containers of baked goods at Taylor when they were younger.

“I decided to go into working for a homeless shelter. I used to help them cook but now I am running the kitchen. I figured it was easier than becoming a vet, like I wanted to. But I love it there. People keep coming and telling me that mom rubbed some of her cooking skills off on me. I really just got good enough to make things for you.” She could remember hours spent in the kitchen, her mother leaning over her shoulder and directing her on how much sugar to put in, differences in oils, and whatnot, all for the hope that Taylor would like it. Plus, it was fun. She liked being able to make his favorite cookies or whatever. “Remember that one time I made you cookies and they tasted like baking soda? I don’t think you ever let me live that down.”

Of course, teasing came to a halt when she saw the serious look on his face and listened to what he said after. It was never over for him. Meaning he still loved her. Opening and closer her mouth a few times, she tried starting, “Taylor, we – I – I don’t,” before stopping and taking a deep breath before saying, “It nearly killed me trying to get over you.” She took a pause, letting that sink in before adding, “I don’t think it was ever over for me either. It took everything to convince myself that it was.” She could hear her heart thudding behind her ears, wondering what he wanted to come of all this. “I just know that the kiss felt amazing. I just can’t let this be because we haven’t seen each other in forever and we never really had a clear ending or final ending.”

Beloved Wife

8,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100
User Image

current heart rate: 92

"Yeah, well, I just hope to make a career out of it one day. I have another month of fire training and I'll be ready to go." Which meant that he would start getting a paycheck and get his life finally in order. Smiling to her, he saw her offer up another piece of pie and he whined, "It took me forever to burn off all the weight you pumped into me." Either way, he took it with a thanks and it was gone just a few minutes later. Growing boys needed to eat, yeah right! He remembered being pudgy in high school thanks to her mother until he began working out and joined the football team. His mom could never cook or bake as well as Mrs. Hansen.

He reached over and picked up his sherbet pint. Lifting the lid, he hummed and licked the top of his ice cream. Finding his spoon, he decided to use that instead and began getting himself a scoop. He hummed helplessly at the taste of the treat before looking over at her. A homeless shelter? He smiled to her and leaned over, taking a scoop of her ice cream and pressing the spoon into his mouth. He made a face at the taste and said, "You mean you actually learned to cook? That's great!" God she used to be an awful cooking. And the thought of her baking soda cookies made his snicker playfully. "For me? That's so sweet of you."

Then he made his statement and the jokes were tossed out the window of the tree house. He shouldn't have brought it up. She was stuttering and he looked down at the container in his hands, poking at the treat as she began to talk to him. Once again, he was having a hard time looking her in the eye during the conversation. He didn't like confrontation much anymore. Trying? When she said it wasn't over for her, he looked up at her with widened blue eyes which soon began to fill with tears. He couldn't afford to lose her again, he couldn't fall back into where he was. "I-I just... I wanted to fix what happened." He placed his pint to the side and rubbed his face with his hands. He flopped back on the boards, resting his head on the pillow. He felt like he was back in his therapist's office. "I'm sorry this is sudden, Emily, I don't want to pressure you or anything. If all you ever want to be is friends, I'm okay with that. I just... I just can't lose you again!" And for the first time ever in front of her, tears fell down his cheeks as he tilted his head away from her.

Anxious Pal

She knew the second the words left her mouth, that it really wasn’t over for her. It’s why it never worked with anyone. Taylor would always be in the back of her mind, perfect for her and hers until she left, and no one ever matched up to him. No one would banter with her like he would and no one would ever call her on her s**t like he would. No one would ever be him. Watching his eyes fill with tears threw her off, having no memory of the last time she had seen this happen, and she frowned at the words. Did they really need fixing? Sure, they would have to talk about everything but fixing implied it was broken, not just put on hold like it was beginning to feel like they were. “Hey, hey, we don’t need fixing. We’re okay. See, we are getting along perfectly fine and I even gave you my piece of pie. I wouldn’t do that for just anyone.” Watching him fall to the boards, she crawled over to him, making sure she could hear what he said. “You know you could never pressure me into doing anything. It’s a little sudden but we always have been. We were friends for like a day before we were best friends. But you aren’t going to lose me again, okay, sweetheart. I’m right here.”

Just seeing the tears in his eyes killed her. Knowing that she had caused such a reaction from him, it made her guilty. But, at least, this time she could fix it.

Carefully moving his head back to face her, making sure to move her hair to the side so it didn’t get everywhere, she leaned down and pressed her lips to his, kissing him softly and gently. She only lingered for a couple moments, pulling back before it could get too serious. Linking their hands together she said, “We can do this, sweetheart.” And they could. In the back of her mind, Emily had always had a feeling that they would gravitate to each other no matter what. Even in high school, teachers would see one of them and would just assume the other was close by. One of the first times she came to school without Taylor, the teacher had questioned her about his whereabouts and made sure that Emily had homework to take home for him.

“Do you want just friendship? I don’t want to push you into anything.” She asked, letting go of his hand to slide down next to him. Leaning on her side, she said quietly, “If you want me, want this, I’m yours. I don’t think I ever wasn’t.”

Beloved Wife

8,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100
User Image

current heart rate: 91

He was weak. Never in his life did he ever do this in front of her. He felt pathetic, crying over a woman that didn't want him. In reality, Taylor was scared. He was afraid that she would leave once more and he would fall back into his old ways. Swallowing hard, trying to take all of her gentle words to heart, he knew that it was harder than it looked. Everything here reminded him of her. The tree house, their family homes, the stars, everything. He knew that she was the one he was meant to spend forever with and he hated every second that he had let her go in the first place. He should have sucked it up and went to Chicago. But a country boy in such a big city? They would have ate him alive and she deserved to be with someone that could take care of her. Not some sucker mechanic that was trying to make it as a fire fighter. At the mention of their sudden movement from friends to best friends, he nodded bitterly. He remembered that day. She was the one that turned to him and claimed her as his best friend. He whimpered softly. She was saying that he wouldn't lose her again and he was having a hard time believing her.

She was then touching his face, tilting his head back to where she had been positioned. His eyes didn't open, not wanting to have the risk of more tears fall from them. Heaven touched his lips and his breathing caught. His poor heart skipped a beat as he felt the sparks of electricity flow between them. Her small hands were in his larger ones and he opened up his eyes, his irises brighter from his tears. They could do this. They could really do this. She wasn't shoving him away, she was drawing him closer. "W-We can do this." Of course they could! When the Hansen girl walked down the hallway, everyone was watching. Everyone knew that Taylor Lancaster wasn't too far behind. He fought for her, he held her when she cried. Bad breakups? He was there to defend her. Girl fights? He was there to hug her tight and buy her smoothies or ice cream, whatever her heart desired.

"No. I don't want just friendship." Shifting over onto his side, he watched her eyes. Her beautiful eyes. Scooting closer to her, he placed his hand gently on her hip and leaned up on his other arm. "Then be mine and I'll be yours. I'll go to Chicago, I'll do whatever you want me to do." He leaned into her and pressed another kiss to her mouth. He'd go to the end of the earth for this woman. Shifting his lips, he pressed another kiss softly to her neck and mumbled, "I've always loved you, Emily Hansen."

Anxious Pal

Hearing him confirm that he didn’t want just friendship took a weight off her shoulders. Really, she probably would have stayed even if he only wanted to be her best friend again but then locked herself in her room for the night to cry it out. Like she used to. Feeling his hand on her hip, she turned her attention back to him, smiling at his words. “Then I’ll be yours and you’ll be mine. We can figure out everything else later. I want you to pick something you can be okay with.” Pressing into the kiss, she knew right then and there, in their little old treehouse, that they would make it. It wouldn’t be like before. She wouldn’t give this up a second time and they were going to be happy. Shivering when he kissed her neck, she made a pleased noise at his words.

Adjusting, Emily pressed a quick kiss to his lips, reveling in knowing she could do this again. She got to kiss him, be close to him, and do all the things she used to with him before. She got him. “Y’know, dad was right. It is just like old times. Remember when we used to come up here to make out when we didn’t want to get caught by either of our parents?” She chuckled at the memory, knowing now just have retched they had been at hiding just what they had been up to. “No one has ever kissed me with as much feeling as you do.” Even the boys she had kissed before they got together the first time around paled in comparison to Taylor. Lacing their fingers together again, she asked, “Is place we went to for our first date still open? We should go again, start over.”

Kissing him again, the spark that she always got with him fluttering through her, Emily smiled against his lips. They could do this. Even if she had to go back in two weeks and he had to stay here to finish his fire training, she would make sure they talked at least once a day. She couldn’t stand the thought of losing him again, knowing that it would kill her this time around. Maybe not literally but she would give anything not to feel the emptiness and wrongness she had the first time, not to feel like half of her was missing and could never be recovered. “So, we really going to do this again? All in?” She was already all in, ready to pick up from where they had left off with something newer and better than before.

Beloved Wife

8,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100
User Image

current heart rate: 70

A grin spread over Taylor's lips. It was like they picked up right where they left off. For now, at least. When she mentioned coming up in the old tree house to make out, he couldn't help but to snicker. "You remember making out, I remember getting to second base." His mother did, however, catch them one time making out on his bed. It had been a nightmare. She yelled and told them to split apart, that they were far too young to have sex. His mom... Swallowing hard, he smiled over at her and kissed her right back and nodded, "It is. Maybe we can go there tomorrow night for a movie?" Ah, the movie date. He loved that silly date. She had been playful the entire night and he had been a nervous wreck.

Taylor nodded softly. All in. They were going to do this and they were going to make it work. He snaked his arm around her waist and pulled her to him, pressing her up against his chest. His kiss he gave her was filled with promise and love before pulling back, pressing his forehead against hers gently. "I'm all in. I'm in, always and forever more, Emily." He couldn't let go of her now, holding her close to his chest and pressing his face against her hair.

The last thing he remembered was pulling the blanket over them when he heard her mumble that she was cold. It had begun getting chilly during the night and he knew that he wouldn't make it on the drive back to her house. He knew that her parents shouldn't be worried about where she was, knowing that they were glued to the hip, no matter what ever happened to them. Shifting in his sleep, he made a small noise of protest when the light from the sun shone through the opening in the tree house that acted as a window. Then came the noises of the people repairing the house, boards being nailed in and people laughing. He groaned and leaned up a bit, holding her to him as he scrubbed drool from his cheek. He probably drooled in her hair. Well, it wouldn't be the first time. Tucking the blanket around her, he leaned down and pressed a kiss to her forehead. She was always so beautiful when she slept.

Anxious Pal

Lips pressed to her forehead were the first thing she felt when slowly coming back to consciousness. Curling back towards the warmth beside her, she tried to avoid the sun beginning to creep in. All she wanted to do was sleep a little longer, all warm and curled up with Taylor. Yet, she found herself waking up, not wanting to waste any time she could be spending with him. With last night’s memories still fresh in her mind, Emily opened her eyes slowly, catching Taylor looking at her. “Hey,” she mumbled, not quite coherent enough for a real conversation. She hadn’t meant to fall asleep in the tree house but the day before had caught up with her even if she had rested a little bit before. Flying out here, the emotions that had been drug back up and then acted upon, and just being almost constantly up before her flight had hit her hard. Which made sense, seeing as she had the most comfortable pillow of a boyfriend ever.

The thought made her smile. Taylor was her boyfriend again. This time she wouldn’t be so stupid and let him go, knowing and accepting that they were in it for the long haul. Waking up a little bit more, wiggled around to get a little more comfortable and to stretch out some before saying, “I was right, you still are the best pillow ever. I don’t think I have slept that well in forever.” Grinning up at him, she added, “I’m surprised no one came to get us. Someone always did before and always at the best parts.” Her parents and his parents used to always have a knack for yelling at them to come down right when things started to get good. Then again, they pretty much were always good.

Leaning in, she pressed a kiss to his jaw, right where she always used to. “I vote that we have a lazy day today. We can go on our date and then just stay in or something. What do you think?” She really hoped Taylor went for it, wanting to spend more time curled up with him and soaking him in.

Beloved Wife

8,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100
User Image

current heart rate: 72

His slated blue eyes watched her as she bundled back into his chest after he placed his small kiss to her forehead. It was a ritual that she always did and he couldn't help but grin. Normally, he woke up before she did and kissed her. Then, she was shifting away from the source of whatever sunlight there was, successfully bundling into his chest and making him want to hold onto her as long as she slept. He was about to hunker down and go right back into his slumber when she suddenly opened her eyes and said a greeting to him. Smiling at her sleep laced voice, he said in his husky one, "Good morning, beautiful." While the tree house wasn't an ideal place to sleep, he figured it was better than having her parents catch them wrapped around each other in her bedroom like they usually did. At least now they had some kind of privacy, despite the wooden boards underneath then being hard on their back.

Here they were again. It was like falling back into an old and comfortable routine. While he still felt awkward about a few things - like her seeing him in a towel yesterday - he knew that it would soon pass. He could remember his twenty-three year old self back then. A little pudgy but lean and he had to wear glasses all the time. Now, he was more muscular, his body more defined and he only needed his glasses when he was reading the majority of the time. He even had a tattoo now, a large one across his back that hid the scars from a fire he endured almost a year ago. Taylor couldn't help but to snicker, "The best parts, huh?" Shifting her around, he pulled her on top of him so she would no longer have to feel the harshness of the boards on her delicate body. "Even back when we were twenty-three, they always made sure we kept each other out of trouble. I like to think it was because my parents never wanted grandkids." he teased playfully.

The kiss touched his jaw and a noise escaped him, a soft one of pleasure. She knew his weak points before and he was hoping that she just didn't forget. Rocking her back and forth playfully on his chest, he hummed, "A lazy day? Yeah, that sounds great. We can go to the lake before the movie, if you want to?" Bundling her close, he pouted, "Get me up, I don't want to move."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff