Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
°o.O_ _ _O.o° °o.O_ _ _O.o°
Teenagers Scare The Living s**t Out Of Me...

User ImageTo say she was surprised at Felix's early entrance to class would have been an understatement. As far back as she could remember, he had never shown up before the first bell. The blue eyes quickly averted to the window, however, not wishing to draw any undue attention to herself if he caught her looking at him. Mr. Williams must have had a very profound effect on his attendance already, but what could she even begin to hope to achieve as regards his tutoring? She had never tutored anyone before, other than occasionally helping Tawny with her homework, so she had no idea where to even begin. And that didn't take into consideration the fact that she wasn't going to be tutoring just anyone: it was the bad boy of the school. Trying to calm her racing heart, her fingers twisting at the hem of her sweater distractedly, she focused on the material planning.

Knowing that slacking off on her own schoolwork was not an option, she was able to force herself to pay some attention in class by realizing that she didn't really need to fret until the end of the day. But a sudden, loud bang broke her concentration, causing her to jump in her seat and drop her pencil. Wide, startled eyes flew over to the source of the sound, which was now steady and repetitive. Apparently the full day of school had taken its toll on the Gray Thunder, as he was banging his head off of his desk, much to the confusion of everyone in the room. The smartass remark made by one of the students abruptly halted the self injury, the resulting death glare making Esme cringe in her seat even though she wasn't on the receiving end of it. With the slam of his hands on the other's desk making her jump slightly again, she found that she couldn't take her eyes off of him. It was like watching a train wreck: terrifying, yet strangely fascinating so that she couldn't look away. He had so much confidence in himself, so much self assurance. Never letting anyone push him around or insult him, always having a witty comeback or threat at the ready.... Truth be told, the shy girl was beginning to envy him.

The dark haired girl looked down at her lap when Felix returned to his desk, her hair falling forward to hide her smile at his insult of the other student. She knew she shouldn't be smiling at the other's misfortune, but the comment had been quite rude and uncalled for. It wasn't long after the outburst that the final bell rang, signifying the end of the day and the start of her panic. Esme didn't want to bring attention to the fact that she was to be tutoring the brightly dressed blonde, so she took her time with packing up her things while he exited with the others. Once she was packed up and ready to go, she made her way out to the front gates where she had spoken with him the previous day. Her pulse began to speed up as she caught sight of him standing just outside the gates, cigarette between his lips. Admittedly, she had been hoping that he had decided to just skip out on her, but it seemed she would have no such luck.

Her feet slowed as she grew closer to the tall young man while her heart sped up. She couldn't avoid it though. Taking a deep breath, she hesitantly reached out and tapped his arm ever so lightly, eyes already downcast. "U-um...h-hello, again..." she said to him, almost inaudibly as her fingers went back to fiddling with the strap of her messenger bag.

OOC: It wasn't short at all, MINE is short! But I wanted to get them started conversing, so.... Tada! I didn't get a chance to change the song yet, but I'll come back and edit it later, I promise!

°o.O_ _ _O.o°Oº°¨_ _ _¨°ºO°o.O_ _ _O.o°
User Image

Fanatical Streaker

User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

⋮ ★ NOW DANCE ******** DANCE! - ↓
                                                          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                                                              m a n xx h exx n e v e r xxh a d xx axx c h a n c e  
                                                            ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇ ▇▇▇▇  AND NO ONE EVEN KNEW
                                                               XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

❜┋ it was really only you.
                                                          toxNICE WORK __. YOU DID!

xxXXXXXXXXXYOU'RE GONNA GO FAR KID!

User Image

text "talk" 'think'

After only a few more moments, the bell signifying the end of the school day rang. Though Felix knew it wasn't the end of his day. With a rough sigh, he slowly raised out of his seat, beginning to walk out of the classroom, not surprised at the fact that most of the students waited in order to avoid running into him. Pushing his way through the hallways and the doors, he had finally made it out to the front of the school. If anything was clear to him at that moment, it was that he badly needed a cigarette.

Reaching into his back pocket, he pulled out the box and quickly placed one into his mouth, and after a moment a stream of smoke began to rise from the end of it. Taking a large breath in, the male felt calm. For at least a short time.

After a bit, a large pat on the back got his attention, and he looked to his side to see Jay smirking at him. "Hey, good luck bud. Try not to ******** this up." He teased, winking as he continued to walk. The only response Felix had was to squint his eyes at the other, and raise a middle finger as he walked away, though most likely aware Jay couldn't see it.

After a long while and his cigarette reaching its end, what he had been waiting for finally arrived. The small tap on his shoulder got his attention, and he looked down only to see the black haired girl standing there. He let out a slight chuckle as she tried to speak, and even though he tried to listen, he didn't catch a word that came out of her mouth. "Right, so I'm going to guess that was some form of 'hello' so, yeah, right back at you." He dropped the butt of the cigarette onto the ground and turned his attention back towards the girl. "Where do we usually do this s**t? The... library or something?" He guessed, obviously just wanting to get this over with in order to go home. He began to walk back towards the school, expecting the girl to follow, and as soon as he made it to the doors he stopped to wait for her. "So I figure you know who I am, but I've gotta admit sweetheart; I haven't got a ******** clue who you are. What's you're name?" He asked, opening the door for her and waiting for her to go inside.

The male stared at her for a short while, although he wasn't looking forward to this, Felix wasn't going to make it hard on her. Truth be told she sort of reminded him of a mouse, small and timid. Besides, it wasn't like it was her fault. It was the ******** school. He pursed his lips slightly and followed the girl into the school, staying mostly silent on their way to the library.

xxxxxx Out Of Candy D: :: First of all, that's a perfect song for this. xD I've always liked that song.
                                                          Secondly, It's super short, I know, but I have a feeling they are going to get shorter now that they're going to be conversing o3o

User Image
Breathe

User ImageEsme winced slightly as her quiet words went unheard yet again. She knew she should either be used to it by that point or learn to speak up louder, but, obviously, neither happened. When he suggested the library, she merely nodded. A movement he would be able to see instead of making him strain to hear her again. God, how was she supposed to tutor him this way, the majority would have to be spoken! Perhaps in a quieter environment her voice would carry a little better.... She hoped, anyway.

As he led the way back into the school, she followed close behind him, hesitating momentarily when he held the door open for her. Truth be told, it took her by surprise. It was a very gentlemanly gesture and not one that had ever been used on her before. Being asked her name, she chanced a glance up at him, a small smile playing on her lips. "O-Oh, s-sorry. U-um, I-I'm Esme," she said softly, forcing herself to increase the volume incrementally so that he would at least know her name. "Esme Allistair."

Leading the way to the library felt a little odd, it made her feel very self conscious, feeling his eyes on her. She wasn't like any of the other girls at school, they were all pretty and outgoing, dressing in fashionable clothes and doing their hair all fancy. She felt like a crumpled paper bag in comparison to them, a feeling she could usually push away due to never having anyone pay any attention to her. But now she was painfully aware of her shapeless clothes and plain hair as they walked down the hallway and into the library. Chewing on her bottom lip, almost trying to shrink into herself, she picked a table by the window and away from the main doors where it was quietest, setting her bag on the table. "U-um....is h-here o-ok?" she asked him, tugging nervously on the ends of her sweater sleeves, which pulled them down on her shoulders a bit more.

OOC: Haha, yeah, that's what I figure too! So no worries, we're getting to the good stuff now! owo

User Image

Fanatical Streaker

User Image

User Image

text "talk" 'think'

Felix simply stared at the girl for a while, and didn't speak until they were well on their way to down the hall. "Esme huh?" He started, staying quiet for a while longer in order to think about the name. "Cute." He smirked slightly and continued to follow the girl down the hallway, tilting his head to the side as he continued to watch her. In all honesty he'd never met someone as shy as her before, and it intrigued him for some reason. The way she acted wasn't like any other girl in the school, and he wasn't used to how timid she was.Truth be told it sort of made him nervous, he felt as if one wrong move may hurt her in some way.

Finally, the pair reached the library. Felix watched as Esme lead him to a table near the window and he grinned. 'Well, at least if I get bored I have a way to get distracted.' He thought, shaking his head slightly. "Yeah. This is fine Princess." He smiled towards the girl, pulling out a chair and sitting down in a rather lazy fashion. "Right so I have no idea what the ******** we're doing here." admitted the male watching the girl rather closely, taking off the winter hat that was almost always on his head. He ruffled his hair in order to make it a little more messy and less flat, and placed his hat on the table. "I don't even know where to start." He slowly took out a piece of paper and a pen and stared blankly at the small girl. "Why did you even agree to this? You realize it'll probably be like going through a living hell right?" He grinned, obviously interested in learning more about the girl. He had no idea why he was interested in someone so 'boring' though he figured it was because he wasn't familiar with people who acted as such. "Alright lovely, What are we doing?" He asked finally, beginning to twirl the pen around in his hand idly.

Admittedly, in a way, Felix was studying the girl, trying to figure out how she worked. Someone so shy didn't emotion the way people usually did towards Felix. But in that context, no one really tried to speak to him. If it weren't for Williams, she wouldn't be either. He continued to twirl the pen, his gazed fixed on her, not saying a word as he thought. After a couple of minutes though, he snapped out of it, realizing that a gaze like his would most likely trouble such a shy personality. He quickly turned his head towards the rest of the library, examining the rows of bookshelves in place. Though he had been going to the school for almost four straight years now, the number of times he visited the library he could count on one hand. Perhaps that was a bad thing, but it's not like Felix cared.

xxxxxx Out Of Candy D: :: It's so short I'm gonna die D:
                                                          Anyway, tada o-o I hope it's okay, I'm in class currently so all the distraction!

User Image
Time to Begin...

User Image'Princess'? Well, Cinderella, maybe. She was a pretty brow-beaten and frumpy girl before she got a fairy godmother. Esme smiled to herself slightly at the fantasy of getting her own fairy godmother. Oh the things she would wish for... An application to a college for the arts being in her top five. If her parents ever found out that she wanted to major in music, they would have simultaneous heart attacks, she was sure.

Taking the seat across from him when he sat down, she watched him through her eyelashes as he took of his hat. She had never seen him without it before, so she was curious about what type of hair was hidden underneath. The messy blonde locks fit his personality well, and she wondered why he always kept it covered. When she noticed that he was watching her, a light blush appeared on her cheeks as she immediately looked away, rummaging in her messenger bag as an excuse. Pulling out the book from their first period class, along with her notebook and pencil, she placed them on the table quietly. Her eyes finally returned to him momentarily when he asked her the question she had been expecting.

"O-oh, u-um, Mr. Williams o-offered to send p-personal recommendations t-to the colleges I'm applying for," she replied softly, her blush deepening slightly as she knew the response made her sound like a goody-goody. Though she was nervous and anxious, there was a small part of her that wanted tell him that she didn't care about the recommendation at all, that it was just to appease her parents, both of whom she was getting sick and tired of trying to appease. "A-and I don't mind h-helping, i-if I can," she added in response to his living hell comment, giving him a shy smile. His grin was so bright and amused at the situation, it was almost sort of contagious. He had no reason to care about her feelings concerning the tutoring, however, she was just a nobody. But at least he wasn't mad about it all, she was grateful for that.

'Lovely'. So many endearing terms being used so lightly with her. It flustered her a bit, as did his intense gaze as she opened the book to the lesson they were to be tested on. It was if he was trying to read her thoughts or something. She was finally able to find the page when he turned his attention away from her, an inward sigh of relief helping to calm her pounding heart. Why was he so interested in looking at her? She was sure that there were better things he could be looking at. "I-I-I thought..." she started, almost in a whisper. Pausing, as she realized that she could barely even hear herself, she gathered herself and started again, this time with some volume. "I-I thought we could s-start with h-history, since there's a t-test coming up." Unsure if he had the book with him, she slid her open one over to him slowly. The topic was one she didn't know well, but, since she had never tutored before, she figured that a good way to start would be to treat it more like a study session. That way they could both go over the information together and then she would be able to assist him with whatever he was having difficulty with.

"T-that teacher tends to only a-ask questions that can be answered f-from the b-book," she continued quietly, opening up to the notes she had taken about the key points the test would be covering. As she spoke, her eyes darted up at him shyly. He always wore such wonderfully colored clothing, being able to express himself freely through attire. She couldn't help but think it must be so liberating for him, being able to pick out his own style of clothes. Now that she was so close to him, she could see just how intricately pieced together his outfit was: covered in pins, each shade complimenting the others. He had surprisingly good taste in fashion, something that not whispered about him in the halls.

OOC: Meh, not my best, sorry! V_V Now that we're to the actual tutoring part, I'm realizing just how long it's been since I was in school!

User Image

Fanatical Streaker

User Image

User Image

text "talk" 'think'

A blank stare took over the males face as he listened to the girl speak. He let a small chuckle escape his lips and shook his head slightly. Personal Recommendations. Figures. Felix continued to watch the delicate girl, and raised an eyebrow when she finally began to speak about school. "A test? When the ******** was that announced?" He raised an eyebrow and ignored the librarian who began to stare at him in horror; most likely for his poor language. Though quickly he brushed it off. What did it matter? It's not like he'd pass it anyway.

He picked up the book that was slid over to him before putting his feet up on the table and staring at it quizzically. After about a minute, he looked back up at Esme and a large grin formed on his features. "You realize this is going to be impossible to teach me right?" He let out a small chuckle before shifting his gaze back down towards the book, the grin still on his face. Perhaps it was the fact that he was intrigued by the female; or perhaps it was that they had finally began to study. Either way, the idea that popped into his head was what gave Felix the label 'immature'. He glanced towards the girl once more before finally beginning to speak.

"You know what? We should just forget about this." He stated towards her, shrugging ever so slightly. "Whadda' you say princess? Why don't you come with me to a party instead?" He asked her, sitting upright once more and smirking at her.

In truth, there was no party. Felix was simply saying it for the entertainment of seeing Esme's reaction. "Come on sweetheart, I get the feeling you've never been to my kind of party before. I'm sure you'll have fun." He winked at her, his smirk growing as he simply awaited a reaction to his little game.

xxxxxx Out Of Candy D: :: Sorry it took so long. Once again my week has been hard. Computer is still broken and we had to put my cat down yesterday. You know, fun stuff. Anyway! Yes. I thought I'd bring out a little more if his mischievous nature. Also, the song... xD

User Image
Inside A Girl

User ImageFoul language was something Esme was actually pretty used to hearing, usually from her father when there was a problem with the stocks, she just never used it herself. So, unlike the horrified librarian shooting Felix a scolding look, the dark haired girl was surprisingly unfazed, focusing on the fact that he didn't know there was going to be a test. Thinking about it, it made sense that he hadn't heard the announcement: his headphones had been firmly in place at the time. "I-It was at the s-start of class," she replied softly, a crooked little smile appearing on her lips. It was sort of cute how oblivious he was when it came to his scholastic surroundings. "We went o-over the l-lesson outline today."

Under the pretense of looking at her notes, she watched him through her eyelashes as he picked up the study book and stared at it blankly for a minute. The hand in her lap was playing with the sleeve of her sweater while the other held her pencil, tapping the eraser on the tabletop lightly to the tune she had been playing the evening before. Tucking her hair behind her ear, she looked up when he addressed her with a grin. "I-It's only impossible i-if you don't w-want it," she murmured, almost more to herself than to him, as if trying to convince herself of the truth behind her own words.

She had just begun to formulate how to get started, when he suddenly sat up, talking about blowing off the studying and going to a party together instead. The pencil abruptly stopped mid tap as her terror-filled blue eyes jerked up to meet his. A party?! She couldn't go to a party! Loud, fun-loving, outgoing people went to parties, and in large groups, she would stand out like a silent sore thumb! Plus, she heard that there was often alcohol and hooking up involved, going based off of what Tawny always told her. And what if, god forbid, her parents found out?

As he continued to speak, trying to convince her, she began to shake her head 'no' profusely, almost looking like some sort of strange bobble head. Both hands went to the safety of her lap to twist at the tops of her baggy pants as she bit her lip hard. Inwardly, in her deepest darkest thoughts, blowing off studying to go to a party sounded tempting. Taking some time off...giving her mind a rest...no college applications....lots of music and laughter.... It was like a forbidden fruit: she wanted it so badly, but she knew that it would have detrimental consequences.

"I-I-I-I c-c-can't," she stammered, her voice holding a slightly panicked edge as her stutter worsened. After tucking her hair behind her ears again, the violent head shaking having dislodged it, her fingers returned to anxiously tugging on her sweater sleeves. "T-T-Thank you f-for the invitation, b-but I-I have to study," she said softly, glancing up at him, worried that he would be mad at her for turning him down. She couldn't make him stay or make him study, but she found herself hoping that he wouldn't storm off. "O-Or go home..." It was an almost silent addition to the end of her sentence before she resumed biting her lip. Given the opportunity she preferred to avoid home when her parents were there, knowing they would just constantly check on her to make sure her studying and homework was getting done.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I'm rather b-boring."

OOC: I LOVE your song! xD I hope this post is ok! I was trying to show her conflicting thoughts and feelings. @_@'

User Image

Fanatical Streaker

User Image

User Image

text "talk" 'think'

To Felix's entertainment, Esme reacted just as he figured she would. He watched her carefully as she began to think about his invitation, it obviously causing a lot of internal conflict. A smile began to form on the males face, it slowly growing with every passing second until it was a full blown smirk.

Finally, when the girl had responded in a stutter, The mischievous teen began to laugh rather loudly. "Aww, Sweetheart, did I make you uncomfortable? I'm sorry." He said in between laughs. In truth, Felix did feel slightly bad as to how much conflict it actually caused the girl. He wasn't expecting a reaction quite to that scale. "Honestly Princess, I just asked you to see your reaction. You're just too adorable." He admitted, winking towards the girl again. "You're not boring at all. Quite the opposite as it seems." He truly thought so. For Felix, meeting someone as interesting as Esme wasn't exactly normal. Most people he met were all the same. Idiotic party goers. Someone such as Esme was rare for him to come by. He couldn't help but be intrigued by the girl. "Now what's boring is the work." He pointed to the textbook before looking back up at her. "But I suppose that s**t won't change so I'll just have to suffer." He rubbed his eyes before dramatically slumping down onto the table.

He looked back up at the shy girl for a moment, not moving his head off the table. Even though he was bored, and it most likely not be of any use to him, Felix had decided to study with Esme. It would be highly entertaining for him to keep toying with the poor girl, though perhaps the one 'joke' of his brought her to a high level of stress. In his defence, it wasn't like she was exactly laid back in anyway. His eyes narrowed in her direction while thinking to himself whether he should keep toying or not. But finally, he gave in to his conscience. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he slowly sat up and looked at the girl. "Okay. I give in. Let's do this study thing." He waited a while before rubbing the back of his neck.

"What.... Unit are we on?"

xxxxxx Out Of Candy D: :: Sorry if it's everywhere. I didn't get to sleep until 3AM last night. To top it off I'm in class right now. Anyway, hope it's okay!

User Image
I Need A Hero

User ImageWhen Felix suddenly started laughing, she looked up at him in confusion, slowly releasing the tight hold on her sweater sleeves. Her confused look turned to one of surprise as he apologized for making her uncomfortable with his tempting invitation. Oh, if only he knew just how much she actually wanted to take him up on it... But still, an apology from the baddest boy in school? It almost seemed like some sort of miracle. The rest of the words coming out of his mouth were just as miraculous: too adorable? Not boring? Was this guy seeing the same person that she saw every morning in the mirror? He was like a bold butterfly, free to go where he wanted, when he wanted, and with whoever he wanted. By comparison, she was just a dull and dreary caterpillar, tied to the ground and only capable of dreaming of flying.

The wink made a slight blush appear on the dark haired girl's cheeks as she quickly looked away. He was so light-hearted and teasing, was this his true personality? She was used to that sort of thing from Tawny, but never from a guy before. It flustered her a bit. As he commented on the fact that the homework would always be boring, she forced herself to glance back up at him. He was slumped onto the desk and when his eyes met hers, the blush brightened a bit and her own blue orbs flew to the books on the table. When he looked at her it made her heart start to race, but not in its usual terrified-out-of-her-mind way. Pulling the book back over to herself to note the key points quickly, she could feel his eyes still on her and she wondered what his decision would be....

She didn't have to wait long as he sighed and sat up. "O-Ok," she said, unable to hold back a small smile as he agreed to the studying. Pushing the book back over to him, she pointed to the top of the page where the unit number and topic was listed. "W-We're on Unit 6, S-Section 3: The Gunpowder P-Plot." She paused for a moment, seeming lost in thought as an idea began to form in her head, before giving him a shy look. "Y-You like music," she started hesitantly, unsure of what genre he liked or if he would laugh at her idea. "S-sometimes...I-I use music when I study...s-s-singing the facts helps me remember..." My god, that sounded even stupider out loud than it did in her head! She could barely even converse with the dude, now she was suggesting songs? Her face colored brightly as her mind screamed at her that it had been an awful idea. Well, she certainly was living up to not being boring at this rate!

OOC: I hope this is ok, I want to get things moving along! I have to admit that I stole the singing study idea from Here Comes The Boom. x3 And I have NO idea how I'm going to come up with any examples of my own....

User Image

Fanatical Streaker

User Image

User Image

text "talk" 'think'

With a look of boredom, Felix stared at the words that lined the page Esme was looking at. Watching the girl in front of him carefully, he raised his head up as she began to speak. A grin crossed his face after she was finished talking. "Yeah, I suppose I do like music. Just... Not the type that would exactly help me with memorizing. I listen to electro so there isn't many words involved. Brilliant idea for any normal person though, Princess." He watched the girl for a minute, a smirk slowly forming as her face began to get brighter. "But you know what? I might as well turn on some music anyway, it's not like it'll help me focus any less." He shrugged, taking out the PM3 from his back pocket, staring at it for a moment before placing it on the table in front of the two teens, the strange genre of music beginning to resonate from the speakers. He flashed a smile towards Esme before grabbing the book and beginning to skim through the pages on The Gunpowder plot. To be fair though; not only did he have no idea what the hell he was reading about, but also, the fact is that he just didn't care. Before he had realized, the librarian was standing beside him. "People are trying to read. Turn that off." He looked up at her nonchalantly, and followed her finger down to where his MP3 player was sitting. "Why should I?" He sneered, staring at her with pursed lips. "Excuse me? You're in my library, so you obey my rules." Felix slowly shook his head, before raising his hand in the air and giving the librarian the finger. "You know I'm starting to want you to make me." He looked up at her shocked face and a grin began to take over his face once more. "Anyway, relax cupcake. It's not like I'm hurting anyone. Lets not change that." He watched as the librarian began to walk away, letting out a sigh.

[******** people. I hate this place. I just want out already..." He looked back up at the girl in front of him and stared for a moment before speaking again. "You seem like you have a good head on your shoulders there doll, What are you doing after you get out of hell?" He asked, though probably knowing what her answer would be anyway.

xxxxxx Out Of Candy D: :: Aha, well if you need help figuring stuff out feel free to ask, I'm still in college and I was in high school last year so I'm still familiar with learning... and... stuff.
                                                          Oh, also I apologize for how long it took me to respond, and also the crappy length and content of this post. I have crazy writers block because of stress at the moment. I have a test today and a huge assignment due tomorrow, so bleh. Distraction.
                                                          OKAY, sidenote: This post reminded me of my high school. It was so terrible that people called it Glenjail (It's proper name being Glendale). And this post reminded me of when I was in Computer class and my buddies and I were screwing around on google maps and we looked up our school, and this kid walks over and with the sincerest voice goes "WOW! I didn't know you could find hell on google maps!" and we were dying.

User Image
I Need A Hero

User ImageWell, there went that idea. Though, in all honesty, she hadn't really expected it to work, it had just been a shot in the dark. Knowing so little about him would make it difficult to come up with a customized study plan that would help him remember the material best. Being unfamiliar with the genre he spoke of and being a lover of music, she couldn't hide the curiosity in her eyes as he got out his MP3 player with the suggestion of listening to some. Finally, she would know what was kept on the mysterious little device that always seemed to be plugged into his ears! As the odd music began to play, her blue eyes widened in fascination, staring at the small piece of technology as she became absorbed in the song. There were so many layers, with a wonderful thumping base rhythm, so different from the classical that she was allowed to play. She was so caught up in the exciting new music that she didn't even notice that her fingers were tapping along to the beat and a thrilled smile was on her face.

The abrupt approach of the librarian startled her out of her musical reverie, however, and the smile quickly disappeared as the fingers stilled. The dark haired girl was about to apologize for the noise when Felix spoke up with ease, casually giving the woman a middle fingered salute. Esme's eyes were wide again, but this time they focused on him and more than a little awestruck. How was he so straightforward and honest like that? How was he so confident in himself? How she yearned for that freedom!

When he looked back over at her, she quickly looked away with a slight blush, not wanting him to think she was being a weirdo and staring. Although that's exactly what she had been doing. Grabbing her highlighter, deciding there was nothing else she could do at that point other than delve right in and pray to find a study method that appealed to him, she listened as he spoke to her. It truly did surprise her how much interested he was in her, why did he even care? "C-college," she replied quietly, glancing up at him, knowing she sounded like a total dweeb. It was probably the response he expected, judging by the look in his eyes, it was the response everyone always expected her to give. She was so tired of it. "I-I-I wish I could take a year off first, though," she added softly after a few moments of silence, her words extremely hesitant, like she was afraid of saying them out loud. There. She had changed the response. Well, edited it slightly with a hopeful addition, but still! She didn't know why, but she felt...comfortable with him. True, he flustered the hell out of the poor girl, but he was also open and bold.

"I-I'd like...to t-travel," she finished, glancing up at him shyly as she tucked her hair behind her ear.

OOC: I didn't have time to change the song, I'm sorry!

User Image
User Image

User ImageThe weeks had flown by surprisingly quickly. What had started out as an intimidating tutoring assignment had progressed into more of a daily study session instead. Felix was very smart, he just didn't feel the need to apply himself to school; so, while Esme never actually figured out a good teaching method, she found she didn't need one. He just needed a little motivation. The more time that the pair spent together, the more relaxed and fun it became. They met at places other than the library, such as the park when it wasn't too chilly outside, so that they could listen to music while they talked and went over homework assignments together. He played a lot of his electro for her, though she always missed the smile he got when seeing how much she enjoyed listening to it. And, little by little, he had coaxed a level of ease from her that usually only Tawny had the privilege of knowing: the stutter disappeared, her voice rose above a whisper, and he made her laugh. Now, that wasn't to say that he didn't still have a flustering effect on the shy girl; he still had the power to revert her back to a stammering little wallflower, but, now that he'd seen the other side of her, it was even cuter than before.

Of course, their extra curricular time together didn't go unnoticed. Rumors had started going around the school that the two of them were dating, among other things. No one had directly addressed her about it, but she had heard the whispers when she passed in the hallways, and seen the odd looks that the other students gave her when they thought she couldn't see. She had gone from a nobody to a somebody overnight: the Gray Thunder's secret girl. The new attention was uncomfortable and she found herself watching the floor more and hugging her books even tighter in an attempt to shrink out of view, out of the spotlight and back into obscurity. She even stopped wearing the bright yellow flower hairclip that she had gained the ounce of courage needed to wear it outside of their study sessions, allowing her dark locks to again fall into her face to hide. But she couldn't deny the wistful longing in her heart: she wanted the rumors to be true. She couldn't pinpoint when it happened, but she had fallen for the bad boy. Not that he would ever choose to be with someone as boring and mousy as her, he deserved someone better, so she kept those feelings of affection locked away inside. Caught between her increasingly suspicious and strict parents, the high school that suddenly had taken notice of her existence, and hiding her true emotions from the boy she saw every day. How was she going to make it through the rest of the school year at this rate?

And that was the thought currently running through her mind as she tried to make her way to class through the crowded hall. Christmas was closing in, so the entire student body was bustling with excitement over the long break and the school holiday party that would be occurring the following week. Which meant that, no matter how small she tried to make herself, everyone kept bumping into her with each step she took, sometimes even knocking her back a few paces. Softly mumbled "excuse me"s and "sorry"s continually fell from her lips with all of the pushing and shoving, the timid girl patiently tolerating it. She just needed to make it to the classroom and she would be free to sit quietly in the corner for a while, basking in the lonely silence a bit before the whispers and looks would start up behind the teacher's back. An inaudible sigh of frustration involuntarily left Esme's soft lips as she reached up to once again tuck her hair behind her ear, her mind flashing to the image of the bold, handsome Felix, making a hint of a blush spring to her cheeks. If only she could be more like him, less self conscious and more outspoken, even just a little bit...

OOC
I hope that this is an ok post to get us started! Let me know if I should edit anything. ^_^

The Antique Captain

User Image

Fanatical Streaker

User Image

User Image

text "talk" 'think'

As the weeks had gone by, Felix had started to grow some affections towards his daily study sessions. Well, not the study sessions in general, but the girl that went along with them. She was cute; someone Felix wouldn't normally speak to, but he enjoyed her company. Her quiet but sweet composure often made him double take, think about the kind of girl he really liked. Even though he'd much less focus on the actual studying when he met up with her, There wasn't much he could do without asking her on an actual date.

Felix quickly shook off the thought, before continuing to walk through the hallway. Recently he had been getting a lot of s**t thrown at him by the other students. Mostly because of the small girl he had been studying with. Luckily he never had too much difficulty dealing with the rumors. A simple glare would usually suffice. If he were to be completely honest, he didn't mind the rumors. A small smirk crossed onto his face; and he looked down, hopeful that no one actually saw it. The male looked up once more, and through the crowded hallway, was the small girl he had been thinking about more often than he ever thought he would. Taking out one earbud, he had begun to pick up speed to catch up with the tiny girl. He watched as people continued to bump into Esme, and when he had finally reached her, grabbed the last person who dared to bump into her, throwing him against the wall.
                                                          "Watch where you're going!" Felix growled, continuing to glare at the now mortified freshman.

He finally turned his attention away from the perpetrator and back to Esme, to which he grinned at her.
                                                          "Hey doll." The male said lightly, before putting an arm around the small girl.
                                                          "Here, this should keep people from bumping into you." He said nodding. "I don't understand how you can even stand that. I don't know if I'd be able to hold my temper if people kept bumping into me like that. Besides, you've gotta hold your ground in his hell, or people will just walk all over you." He said to her, continuing to look forward as he walked along with her. There was a long pause, before he smiled down at her again. "But I guess that's not really your style, huh?" A small chuckle escaped the teens lips.
                                                          "That's okay. That's what ya got me for." He winked at the girl, continuing to walk along with her.

xxxxxx Out Of Candy D: :: Sorry about how long it took me to get this out~
                                                          Mad_Hatted_Minx

User Image

User ImageHow did the saying go? 'Speak of the devil and he'll appear'? Granted, she hadn't actually said his name aloud, but apparently the mere thought of the roguish young man had the power to summon his presence. A small squeak of surprise left the brunette as she jumped, wide eyed and startled by his sudden appearance and slightly violent maneuver. Her heart was going double time, the romanticized notion of a knight defending his lady springing to mind momentarily as the fellow student was duly scolded by the older teen.

And then his eyes were on her. Cue instant blush.

"H-hey, Felix," she stammered quietly in reply, her blush only deepening as the warm weight of his arm landed on her shoulder. Her mind was swimming with their rather intimate proximity, she could barely register the rest of the words he was addressing to her. Yes, it was true that she didn't like being pushed around, but she also didn't want to be rude or hurt anyone's feelings, so she thought it was best just to endure. Was she wrong in thinking that way? She had just been wishing to be more like the young man that was currently acting as her human shield. He was so close their sides bumped lightly with each step and she could feel the attractive heat radiating off of his body...smell the now familiar blend of cigarette smoke, soap, and faint cologne that clung to his clothes...

As he spoke up again, breaking the short silence, she was jolted out of her silly thoughts, big blue eyes looking up to meet his and return his smile with one of her own. "Thank you. My glare doesn't have nearly the same effect as yours," she joked softly, unable to hold back a slight giggle despite her rosy cheeks. "At least Christmas break is coming up soon, no jostling crowds to deal with for a while." Well, until the dance, that is. Though she highly doubted that she would attend: Tawny already had a date which meant that she would be left alone, so what was the point? Not to mention the fact that her parents considered the frivolity to be a complete waste of time. Neither fact made her want it any less, however.

OOC
One of these times, Felix should totally convince her to skip class with him. >w>

The Antique Captain

User Image

Fanatical Streaker

User ImageUser Image
                                    For many, the classroom was a wonderful place to nap. Now usually, Felix was no different. On any other day he would rest his head on his desk and be out like a light. Hell, especially in HISTORY class. He had often thought of storing a pillow somewhere in the class for good use. Today though, he was wide awake, staring blankly out the window, eyes following the small flakes of snow that had lightly begun to fall to the ground. His glance made its way upward, meeting his own gaze within the reflection of the window pane. He was quite surprised to see that even he could notice the clear anxiety written on his face, he had even noticed it in the body language of the reflection of the boy staring back at him. 'Pathetic. You're being pathetic.' He began to tell himself, his fingers tapping on the desk in front of him. Even the loud music coming from his earbuds weren't enough to calm him. He could feel eyes flicking in his direction once and a while, though it's not like he was surprised, who wouldn't be surprised to see one of the toughest guys in the school anxious and worried. His constant tapping on the desk in front of him, the stiff posture he was sitting in, and the fact that he had hardly looked away from the window this entire class. What, you might ask, had the young misfit so worried?

Finally, he peeled his eyes off the reflection of himself on the glass and slowly turned to look back into the classroom. His eyes had to adjust to the yellow tinted fluorescent light that lined the classroom apposed to the overcast white he had been staring at for the past half hour. When his eyes adjusted, he turned his body to look behind him, and finally, his eyes landed on a girl. To most this may have looked like an ordinary girl. Hell, she may have seemed to other less than that. A simple girl that blended into the background of a classroom. A side character in most stories. Though Felix Gray knew the truth. Over the past few months he had gotten quite familiar with the girl. Her level head and her incredible intelligence were some notable traits others may pinpoint if enough time was spent with her. Though for Felix? He noticed everything. The ways she absentmindedly played with her hair while focusing, her lighthearted giggles to his stupid jokes, her soft voice and how pure the young girl really was.

Her name was Esme Allistair. How would a ruffian such as Felix fall for a girl like Esme? Their personalities were incredibly different. Their lifestyles didn't even compare. Well, this small girl was recruited a few months ago by the school principle to teach Gray. It's not hard to imagine that it started out rough, but the truth of the matter is ever since meeting the dainty girl he had been intrigued. only recently had he begun to realize it was more than simply 'intrigued'. Several rumours had already circulated around the school about the pair. Rumours the bad boy had no problems silencing after he was done with the creators. But today might be the end of those rumours ceasing. In a way it brought a small grin to the mischievous male. Regardless, he would have to wait and see.

Felix continued to stare at the girl for a while, his eyebrows scrunched in thought. Even though he was staring so intently, he had hoped their gaze wouldn't meet. He wasn't quite ready for that. He was still gathering his thoughts. Which in reality, was quite rare for the teen. It was hardly ever he had issues finding words, insults, or even flirting most of the time. With Esme it was different. It wasn't just a physical attraction. It was.... It was....

"UGH." He had finally snapped. The loud sound of annoyance echoing through the classroom. He removed his headphones before turning around and resting his head on the desk in front of him in defeat.
                                    "Do you have a question Felix?" Asked the teacher, staring quizzically at him.
                                    "Leave me alone. I'm thinking." He stressed, not bothering to raise his head off the desk.
                                    "That's rare." A jock chimed in, causing some giggles to echo from several different students. Felix slowly raised his head to glare daggers at the male, and opened his mouth to retort, but quickly shut it. Instead he sighed and place his head back down. That's when silence hit the room again.
                                    "The infamous Felix Gray not giving a comeback? Whatever's bothering you must be really important." The jock said, slightly incredulous. Felix didn't expect everyone not to notice. He couldn't even help being obvious. Still though, he shook his head slightly in order to signify he didn't care, before speaking. Short but sweet.
                                    "Shut the ******** up."
                                    User ImageUser Image

It wasn't long after that that the bell had rang, symbolizing the end of class. Usually, Felix was the first one out of the door. Though today, he rose up slowly, and instead of turning to walk out of the classroom door, he walked to the back of the classroom, and sauntered over to where Esme sat. Finally he stopped in front of her desk, and leaned down onto it, staring at the other with intense eyes. Still clearly in thought. They had five minutes to get to their next class, again one they happened to share. Business. Gag. He smiled ever so slightly at the girl, and quickly grabbed her items, stuffing them into her backpack and slinging it over his own shoulder, before grabbing her by the hand.
                                    "You're coming with me before you wander off, nerd." He teased, giving her a small grin before leading her out the door. He walked along in silence, still holding her firmly next to him by the hand, as people in the hallway parted to let them through. Though instead of leading her the direction of the business classroom, Felix turned for the exit, making it outdoors, again silently. It was only a moment after that did the end up outside of the school gates, where Felix had finally stopped.

Slowly, he let go of Esme's hand, but the fact that he still had her bag slung around his shoulder was a way to make sure she couldn't leave. It was cold, and the lack of winter clothes on each made so the n** in the winter air pecked at their skin. Still, Felix acted as if he wasn't bothered. Instead he reached into his pant pocket and pulled out his carton of cigarettes and a lighter. He pulled one out of the box and put it into his mouth promptly, before lighting it, the heat of the flame from his lighter radiating onto his face, before placing it back into his pocket. A stream of smoke began to rise from the cigarette, and the breathe of smoke that Felix had let out was more pronounced in the cold winter air. He looked over towards Esme, his eyes lingering for just a moment, the cold nipping at the skin of his face had made him realize that she too would probably be cold. He removed his signature winter hat and messed up his own hair, before turning towards her and placing the hat softly atop her head, before leaning against the wall without a word.

He continued to stand in silence, enjoying his cigarette slowly. Only when the bell had rang signifying the start of class did he take notice to the world around him. Before Esme could panic, Felix had once again taken her hand. He used the other to remove the cigarette from his mouth. He knew what he was doing may have been panicking the girl, but he didn't know what other way to go about it.
                                    "Esme," He began, wisps of smoke escaping his lips that held her name. He paused. Thinking for a while more before continuing.
                                    "Skip with me. I need to talk to you." He said bluntly, before a small chuckle escaped his lips. He leaned in closer to her, and gave her the most charming smile he could muster up.
                                    "Please?"

OOC
                                    I hope this post is okay! I decided to make a new layout for Felix, mostly because I was bored and super excited to start the roleplay up again!

Mad_Hatted_Minx

I WAS KIDDING; I'VE NEVER ᴡᴏʀɴ ɴᴏ Gᴜᴄᴄɪ.
                                    I'm a badass, not a douchebag,
                                    ☠. SORRY. ↶WOULD YOU GIVE ME JUST ONE MORE C H A N C E
                                    ▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉▉ .
                                    SO I CAN PROPOSE YOU UP FOR ★
                                    ONE MORE 〖𝔡 𝔞 𝔫 𝔠 𝔢 〗?

TELL---ME---WHAT----YOU---SEE---IF---YOU---LOOK---A---BIT---CLOSER---I'M---A
                                    ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
                                    ********]
                                    ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ---ʏᴏᴜʀ---ᴍᴏᴜᴛʜ , ( LEAVE THE REST ) UNTOLD
                                    I'M ONLY NICE WHEN I'M UNDER ℂ◦𝕆◦ℕ◦𝕋◦ℝ◦𝕆◦𝕃 !

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff