XXXI have a dream
XXXXXA song to sing, to help me cope with anything
XXXXXXXXXXIf you see the wonder of a fairytale
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXYou can take the future
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXEven if you fail
---------------------------------------------------

User Image

Madison Hughes could barely stand her excitement. Not. A loud buzzing came from her bedside table. Her eyes opened, one by one to glare at the obnoxious alarm clock that was going off. A pale hand reached from under her blanket and slapped the snooze button. She rolled over onto her side, pulling the blanket over her head only to have it drug off a moment later. Her eyes shot open to glare at who would pull the covers off of her. A sigh escaped her lips, "Oh come on.. Alex..." It was Saturday, she didn't have Uni today, and her dog wanted to play. Her sister brought Alex with her when she came back from the States, and since then, Madison's life had been nothing by a huge amount of fun and adventure. A sigh escaped her lips as she swung her legs over the bed and she rubbed Alex' head with the heel of her hand. Alex sat up on his haunches, almost telling her it was time to wake up. "Don't worry, boy.. I'm up, I'm up. She made her way over to her walk-in closet. She wrinkled her nose, chewing at her lowerlip with her teeth.

Madison was always particularly choosy about the attire she wore out and about in London, especially when she felt like this in the mornings. She raised her hand file through a few hangers of jeans and button down shirts. She tugged a black high neck long sleeved shirt from a hanger, folding it over her arm as she put the hanger in a basket by the door. She pulled down a pair of skinny jeans, doing the same with the jeans and hanger. She got to the end of her closet, pulled up a bra and a pair of underwear and a pair of silver ballet flats.

Her shower didn't take very long, and when she was out and dressed, she figured it wasn't a decent enough day to wear makeup. It was kind of smokey and dismal outside. She figured it would be cold. Her black hair which fell around her shoulders was brushed out and fluffed, and as she headed for the door, she looked at Alex. "I'll be back later, Alex. Gonna go shopping." She reached over and pulled up a chain wallet and hooked it to her beltloop and put it in her pocket.

She headed to a very distinct shop, where she bought all her vintage furniture. Her eyes scanned the store hours briefly- a force of habit by now. She walked inside, her blue eyes darting from item to item before something came to attention, as though she were drawn to it automatically. She brushed her way past other customers, her fingers traced along the side of the shell mirror. "Excuse me, how much for the mirror?" The store clerk looked at her and rolled her shoulders, "However much pound and p you want to give. Haven't had much luck with mirrors recently." Madison surveyed the mirror and tilted her head. "Fifty pounds.. I'll give fifty pounds. It looks sturdy.." The clerk nodded and accepted the bills.

Since the mirror wasn't that heavy, it was really a blessing that she lived two doors away from the antique shop. She used her elbow to open the door to her home, and placed the mirror gently on the rug beside her door, leaning it against the wall. "Isn't it pretty, Alex? I had to buy it! Alex pawed his way up to the mirror, sniffed it, and growled. Madison's brow furrowed. "Well, that was .. weird.. Let's get you fed."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image
XXXCan you say my eyes are shining bright
XXXXXWhen I'm out here on the other side
XXXXXXXXXXOf a jet black hotel mirror
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXAnd I'm so weak

User Image

Mathias always used his time wisely. Whether it was at the Uni or at a park or library, he was always studying or observing behaviors around him. He was already up and moving around by 5:30 that morning, and he already had taken care of making sure everything was in order at his home before leaving. At present, the foreign-born young man was sitting at a park bench, staring off into the wood. A small groan escaped his lips as he raised his arms over his head, his black overcoat's sleeves riding up his arms as he did. His thoughts were swirling around in completely nonsensical circles, his brow furrowed in frustration. He rested his elbows on the back of the bench behind him, a hand coming forward to rub at the two day stubble that was on his cheek and upper lip. He let out a puff of hot air that visibly swirled around him.

In his lap there was a black sketchbook and designer set pencil case. He hadn't even started on his academic sketch yet, and it was due in less than two weeks. It was fine though, because he knew he would get it done before Madison would. You see, Madison had been his rival since preliminary school. So, it only made sense that he continued this behavior through to Uni. Now, he didn't hate her, he was just very very sure that he could accomplish so much more than her in his lifetime. They were both scraping by, although they lived in houses provided them by their parents.

They did well, though. They attended a University well known, they took care of themselves, as well as they could, anyway, and made due with what they had. His lips twitched a bit as he thought about this, how similar the two were, and how unalike they were at the same time. He cringed. He didn't like thinking about things like that. He shook his head, dipping his head back to stare at the clouded sky. It wasn't sunny. . nor was it really cloudy. It was an overcast of gray- just fog. A fog that had been set in for more than a month now. It was really quite saddening as the moon was always hidden behind it, and the sun never shone through it.

He cleared his throat, tracing his fingers over the sketchbook and pencil set, thoughts running through his mind.
User Image

Julia Hughes was sitting in her own private little parlour in her family's London house. They owned another little estate in Somerset, but as it was the Season they were all in the Capital to enjoy the dances, balls and other social gatherings befitting their class.
Julia, as the only daughter of the house, was of course the center of the attention as she was expected to catch a suitor this time who would finally ask her to be his wife. Not that she cared very much. All she wanted was a bit of fun.
As she was sitting in her chair, a sketchbook on her lap, she looked outside dreamily. So far she hadnt even drawn a line, although her mother had asked her to draw the portrait her aunt had asked for.
Like all young ladies, Julia did not attend school, but was educated at home in Literarure, Arts and Music - all subjects befitting a young lady.
"Miss Hughes, the Lady is calling you for tea.", the maid announced as she poked her head through the door.
"Tell mama, I will be right there.", Julia answered and rose. On her way out however she stopped by the mirror hanging on the wall to check whether she was looking decent.

User Image

Daniel Dorson was meanwhile busy in his study. From a very young age he had started to help his father's business, having accumulated a small fortune of his own that way. He was a gentleman every woman dreamed off, yet he paid attention to none of them. He went to all social gatherings as expected and amused himself with a few dances and games of cards, before leaving without having paid any particular attention to one specific lady. What mattered to him was his business and a wife seemed to be only an obstacle in his view.
He looked up from his mahagony desk when his butler Walter came in.
"I bring the invitation for Mrs Gracie's ball tonight.", he said, placing the paper on the desk.
"Thank you.", Daniel said, quickly scribbling a reply to the old lady, graciously accepting her offer.
The old Mrs Gracie - as everyone called her - was famous for her balls. Most matchmatking happened within the walls of her house and Daniel knew that he was just invited as a possible fish for the eager mothers to catch for their daughters. Still, he would go simply because there was nothing else to do that evening.
User Image
XXXI have a dream

User Image

Madison stretched her arms over her head, leaning back as she closed her eyes. She had let Alex out, and was waiting in earnest for him to come back to the backyard door so that she could let him back in and hang her mirror up, and clean it. When he did come back to the door, Madison stood and strode over to it, opened it and nodded her head in the direction of her bedroom. "So, you ready to go take a nap?" Alex whimpered approvingly and off they went.

Well, not without Madison getting the mirror on the way. Her hands wrapped around the sides of the mirror and she felt the back as she did this. There was a metallic wire on the back which would allow for its hanging, good. She went into her walk-in closet where a spot was bare, a screw in place. She had been meaning to purchase a brand new mirror, but she found this one, just in time. Her eyes scanned the spot briefly before she hung the shell mirror in its new position. She took a deep breath, exhaled, and hung the mirror and centered it.

Turning her back on the mirror, she went into the bathroom and got her window and glass cleaner, returning to her room. She pulled a roll of papertowels from the opposite wall and sprayed the glass down and wiped it off and cleaned the glass. Her hands were set in back and forth motions. She set the glass cleaner aside and when she finished the cleaning, she raised her hand to gently brush against the inside frame of the mirror, where her face was currently.

A jolt rocked her body and she let out a yelp as she was pulled through the mirror, in passing, she thought she saw herself from many, many years ago as the same occurrence was happening. Perhaps this was happening in two dimensions. Her blue eyes widened as she ended up in a room so unlike her own she could possibly vomit from what was in there. She loved the Victorian age, but this was all so unreal. So surreal.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

User Image

User Image

Mathias set the sketchbook to his side, his thumbs hooking in the pockets of his overcoat. The overcast was almost sickening, and was penetratingly gloomy. He frowned as he squinted his eyes, trying to find any source of natural light. The only light that he could even see, though, was the light of the streetlights which lined the parkways. He inhaled and exhaled, a sigh which let loose a groan. He turned his body to look at his sketchpad and set of pencils and he leaned forward to pick them up. He held them at his hip, his fingers tapping impatiently at the cover of the sketchpad.

He began walking, then, after he turned around. Brown eyes danced across several surfaces, and finally rested at a sculpture in the centre of the park. He scanned it. It was of Apollo's Lyre. He closed his eyes and smirked, a small laugh erupting from his throat.

Today was so gloomy he could choke on the atmosphere around him, and he was surprised that he hadn't as of yet.
User Image

Julia leaned a little closer to the mirror to place a bang of her curly brown hair in place when she suddenly felt an invisible force pull her towards it. For a moment she expected to colide with the smooth surface of the mirror, but instead she went right through it, flying through what seemed to be an endless tunnel of light and shadows. For a second she saw herself and yet not herself. She wasnt really sure what it had been, but the confusion of the encounter passed quickly when she suddenly found herself in a room that was definitely not her own.
Still shaking from the journey she looked around and jumped slightly when suddenly a dog appeared in front of her. "Calm boy...Im not here to harm you.", she said, hoping the animel would not attack her. Oddly enough, the dog seemed completely at ease with her, as if he had always known her.
Slowly Julia left the room, peeking into the next. Eerything was so strange in this place! There were so many objects she had never see and which she didnt dare to touch.
"Excuse me? Is anybody home? I'd like to see the master of the house please!", she called, but no servant replied. The entire house was empty. Only Alex kept following her around.
Eventually Julia found the door and made her way outside and her breath was taken away. Where was she? This was not London! Surely not. She would have recognized it instantly. The houses had changed and there were no chariots, but strange looking vehicles. Completely lost she started to walk around, the dog still following her. Needless to say, she recieved more than one odd stare because of her attire.
Somehow she ended up in the park, which in turn had a very familiar air to it. Hesitantly she approached a man she saw standing in front of a statue.
"Excuse me, Sir. Would you happen to know wher I am? And how I can get back to the Hughes House In Hampton Street?" She had no idea that this man was Mathias/

User Image

The butler once more entered, apologizing for disturbing his master. "May I remind you of the invitation of Mrs Hughes for tea? You will be late." Daniel looked at his pocket watch and let out a sigh. "I should leave then. It would be unbecoming to leave them waiting.", he agreed and send Walter to prepare his horse, while he himself got his coat and hat before setting out.

Meanwhile in the Hughes household the maid returned to knock on Julia's door.
"Miss Hughes. Your mother is getting impatient. Our guest will be arriving soon as well.", she informed the lady and then entered, gasping in surprise.
"Miss Hughes! What happened to your lovely dress! You surely cannot be expected to recieve Mr Dorson dressed like that! And your hair! It's a complete mess!", the old maid complained, ushering Madison into Julia's room and making her sit down at the beauty table. She didnt even let the poor girl explain.
User Image
XXXI have a dream

User Image

Looking around her, Madison attempted to make her way through what just happened in her head. "So.. this isn't natural, nor right. Where the hell am I?" She muttered, before she was pulled towards a vanity. "Hey! What the hell are you doing-let go of me!" She yelled, pushing the maid away, well, not really. She was already sitting at the vanity before she had a choice in the matter. She took a deep breath and watched as she was pulled and poked at. "Look, I'm sorry, but I don't know who you are, or where I am!" She bit at her lowerlip with her teeth, frowning.

User Image

User Image

Mathias' mind was wandering. He was trying to figure out how he was going to accomplish this project. He bit at his lip, before he had been addressed. He turned towards Julia. "Oh. Right, Madison. You want me to believe that. You live in the Hughes' house, cause you know, your last name is Hughes." He shook his head, then sighed. "You're serious. Oh, well.. You mean the historical Hughes house. Got it." He extended the hook of his free elbow to her, "Let's go. I'll get you there in a flash."

[Sorry it's shorter. ><]
User Image

Julia took a step back, despite the stranger's kindness.
"You must confuse me with someone, good sir. My name is not Madison, though you did speak correctly that my family name is Hughes.
She tried to remain polite, but the confusion in her voice was more than evident and was also reflected in her expression.
"I know of no relative of mine with the name Madison, Im afraid...My name is Julia Hughes and I just wish to return home.", she explained, standing a few feet in front of him, almost frozen to the ground.

User Image

As quickly as possible, Daniel made his way to the Hughes' house, where he was welcomed politely as was custom. Mrs Hughes invited him into the house's main parlour where Mr Hughes was already enjoying a cup of tea and a cigar. "Mr Dorson, how nice to see you again. I wasnted to hear more of that business of yours.", he said in his heavy dark voice, but his features showed nothing but kindness. Despite his stout and strict looks, Mr Hughes was a fun loving man, who treated everybody with kindness and respect.
"My daughter will join us in a moment, Sir.", Mrs Hughes excused Julia, as she offered their guest a seat, which he took gratefuly.
In truth, Daniel didnt care much about whether Julia would join them or not. He had seen her before and found her beautiful, but nothing more. She had captured the attention of many other gentlemen with her charming ways, but a woman needed to show far more than that to get his.

The maid didnt even seem bothered by her mistress' strange behaviour.
"There, there, Miss. We know this trickery of yours already. We know that you are just pretending so you may stay at home and indulge in your painting or day dreaming.", the old lady said with a chuckle.
"Now sit still, so that I may pin your hair up. It looks as wild as if you have been standing in a storm.", she scolded. "Also, would you prefer the blue or the burgundy dress for tea? Or maybe a creamy yellow? Mr Dorson is a man pleasing to look at after all and you should look your best as well."
User Image
XXXI have a dream

User Image

'ugh. This old lady gives me the creeps. I'll just play along with this.. Madison smiled sweetly and crossed her hands over each other, curling her fingers around one hand. "Whatever dress makes me look the fairest, ma'am." Her voice feigned sweetness. In her mind, she was trying to figure out what she should do as far as getting out of here was concerned. 'Mr. Dorson? An arranged marriage, or a grandfather..? Wait. Why would a grandfather be pleasing to look at?' Her mind was reeling. She was in a strange place, strange time, strange people- her day wasn't going quite as she expected.

User Image

User Image

Mathias' brow was furrowed. He was getting tired of Madison's antics. She had done this once before, but he decided he would play along with whatever she happened to be scheming. His eyes took her in briefly, it wasn't quite Madison, though. She put in hair-extensions and wore a more victorian outfit. Just like her. Mathias gave a charming smile and began to walk her towards the exit of the park, "Come this way, Julia, we'll get you to a tea shop, or atleast a Starbucks.."

[I'm so sorry it took so long. I had cousins come in from Florida and they're off somewhere. I have some time to myself. Haha.]
User Image

"A tea house sounds good.", Julia agreed. "Though I have never heard of this Starbucks place. Is it new around London?" She walked next to him, but kept a polite distance. "Does one of your friends look similar to me, sir? You seemed to act as if you knew me.", she asked hesitantly, just to start some kind of conversation with him.

User Image

The maid hurried and once she was done, Madison looked as if he really belonged into the Victorian times. Nobody at home would ever have recognized her. Then the maid led her downstairs.

Daniel stood politely when Julia - or what he thought was Julia - entered the room and bowed his head. "Good day, Miss Hughes. May I say that you look lovely today?" She certainly looked different from the few times he had seen her, but maybe that was because he had never cared to look closely. Still, he could not help but feel a little confused. "Will I have the honor of seeing you at the ball tonight?" Small talk came easy to him.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff