• Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
- | Kaine | -

Guardians At The Gate
The Six Tailed Scorpion
"Six Tails"

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

xxxUser Image

Isabella raised an eye brow to Alannah's question... Though then she thought of when she had stabbed him, and her eye's narrowed sharply. Why the hell did that bother her so damn much? Kaine frowned at Ruby... She was a blunt woman... Didn't seem like the type who liked wasting time and would step on anyone's toes if it meant getting what she wanted just a little quicker... Kaine couldn't blame Alannah for not wanting to go through with it... He comes home claiming he doesn't know any of them, that he's from a different world... He was already kicking himself for not choosing better words- not that that was exactly his strong suit... Though when Ruby spoke... "Damn... You're a colder b**ch then I thought..." Isabella said- though it sounded more so like a compliment, as opposed to an insult. Kaine's right hand twitched again at the womans words... She was doing it- in some sense... The same thing the Alannah from his world did... Belittling herself... Because of her health... He opened his mouth to flip out at the woman- but Alannah had already placed Virel in his arms. The boy sat on his left forearm, while his right one kept the boy held close. Kaine was looking down at the boy.......... And he felt something strange in his chest...... He had a son.... With Alannah of all people... A son... "H... Hi Virel..." He mumbled quietly with a light smile. She told him not to let him put his shirt in his mouth- but how the hell was he supposed to stop him from doing so... 'sides... If she did the laundry then he was pretty sure it was clean enough. Alannah's words made him smile... "Do you see the same way I do...?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. Could he see the lights as well? Alannah and Virel's lights shone the brightest, while the other ones- their family, were barely little flickers here and there. Unless he concentrated on them, then they were barely a blip on his 'radar'... It made sense is Kaine's mind... This was his son after all... Surely he had to of had inherited something from him?

When Alannah left the room, Kaine continued to smile at Virel. Kaine turned his body, so that Virel was facing the light that was Alannah's direction. He was aimed right at her, even through the walls. Kaine looked at Alannah's light, before looking down at Virel. "I bet, you're gonna grow up, to be really strong..." He'd say, though still sounded a little nervous... Still... The boy set him at ease almost as much as Alannah did... He was warm... Kaine couldn't help but chuckle lightly. "Mama's still nearby" He'd say, nodding his head lightly as he'd speak quietly. It was almost as nice as it was bad... He felt like it was just him and Virel... As if shutting out the outside world was no longer a challenge.

(( ))

User Image

User ImagexxxUser Image
User ImageUser Image

~+~
/_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

}{ Scarlet Thief }{
Alannah Iriyshia
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-/

~+~

O nly a poor fool says

'Money can't buy you happiness.'

for money can buy you what need to be happy

There was something about this that just didn't impress Ruby yet. "Intresting." She spoke walking over to the entrance to the kitchen. "Sweet heart, can you step into the closet for me?" Alannah didn't see how that would make any difference. Still, her mother seemed to think that it would. Agreeing she climbed into the coat closet. "Thank you." If he wasn't crying no, there was no way that this would make much of a difference. Ruby had a plan that was obvious. Walking back into the kitchen she grabbed a chair. "Just one more test dear." She waved to Kaine as if he shouldn't be worried at all. Alannah placed her ear on the door hearing a strange noise. It almost sounded like a chair moving across the ground. No that couldn't be. She felt the door shake for a moment.

"Mom?"
She knocked on the door lightly. Her heart was starting to speed up already. "Mom what are you doing?" When she tried to open the door to the closet and found out it wouldn't open. That was when the true fear had set in. "Mom?" Alannah was trying to calm herself down. It just wasn't working so well. Ruby stepped back into the kitchen with a smile.

"Don't worry dear, the true test will be right now."
With that she took her tea cup from the counter. When the last sip was taken she let the tea cup drop. The crash sound sent Alannah through the roof. Her hands now pouding against the closet door.

"Mom!"
It also triggered Virel in that same instant. His eyes widen as his little heart jumped at the sound. Alannah could just see him starting to freak out. Her hands pounded against the door as hard as she could. Virel's nose scrunched for a moment before the sniffles started. It didn't help that for Virel, his mother's light now was flashing frantically. She didn't know any better. She was frightened for her child's life. Virel mouth finally shot open and tears poured down his face. "Mom! Mom, let me out!" She begged pounding on the door. "Please, Please let me out." His screams would turn into words.

"If your his dad, please show us your skills."
Ruby spoke in a taunting tone. Virel was the type that would escalte rather quickly. His voice now sounded like a shrill harpie.

"Maaaaaamaaa!"
The words only made Alannah push her body against the door. Alannah would call out to him with as much as she could. Though with her being in frantics her voice was mute.

"I'm here! I'm here!"
Virel started to thrash about in Kaine's arms. Ruby smirked tossing another plate to the floor. The crash sound only making Virel scream to the point his face looked like it was about to pop.

~+~

Pirates will pay for what they did,
they will do it in cash.

O.O.C-

Greedy Genius

7,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
- | Kaine | -

Guardians At The Gate
The Six Tailed Scorpion
"Six Tails"

xxxUser Image

Kaine's eye twitched at Ruby's actions. His gaze followed her light, and when it became somewhat apparent at what had happened, he frowned. Isabella gave Ruby a dull look. "It's almost like you can't be happy unless someone near you is suffering..." She said, rolling her eyes. "Your daughter's gonna kill you over those plates though..." She said, looking at the mess on the floor. Kaine looked down at the now screaming Virel, as he'd bob the boy up and down in his arms. "It's alright Virel, moma's just playing games with mean grandma... But it sounds like mom needs a hero- You wanna be moms hero?" He'd ask, pretending he'd get a nod from Virel. Show his skills? Was the woman mad? He couldn't even use his hands, he was trying to balance a new screaming child in his arms... Oh how he wanted to kill the woman... But his light would remain calm to the boy. Though the frantic flashing did disturb him as well... "Come on, let's get mom..." He'd say, as he'd gently touch a wall with his shoulder, using it to feel his way through the hall ways- how many f**king halls did this house have?- furniture bump with the leg... He was starting to get a feel for the house as well... Though when the woman threw down a second plate, Kaine finally shot the woman a glare. "Break anymore and I'll break your arm..." He'd growl, holding Virel close- before accidentally bumping the chair with the back of his leg... His eye twitched as he knew what was coming next... The door flew open, and the door knob took a wonderful shot at the base of his spine as Kaine went down- not hard granted... And he did still keep Virel close to his chest. "Look at that Virel, you did it!" He said, lightly cheering through gritted teeth... So much pain in one day...

(( ))

User Image

User ImagexxxUser Image
User ImageUser Image

~+~
/_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

}{ Scarlet Thief }{
Alannah Iriyshia
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-/

~+~

O nly a poor fool says

Virel seemed to calm down a little by the sound of Kaine's voice but not to much. It was the crazy flashing lights that was keeping him on the edge. Alannah was freaking out pretty badly. Angling her elbow towards the door she backed up only shuve it straight into the door. Nothing happened. "Kaine?" Alannah spoke hearing him outside of the house. There it was. Someone was close to the door. The second she had the ability to open the door she did. Ruby gave a shrug confused on why everyone looked so upset. She was merely getting to the answer quicker. So it seemed that the man was the real Kaine. Nicodemus would be rather upset with this out come. "Virel?" Alannah was in such a rush to get to him she stumbled over Kaine. Her hands spreed quickly across the man's body to hold herself up from squishing the both of them. "Kaine!" She said in surprise when their face where inches away from each other.

"Well, I guess that is your son."
Ruby said, the tone of her voice seemed to give the idea that she was a little bit depressed in the out come.

"Uh.."
Why did it make her so nervous being around him. He had been in her life. "Thanks.." She climbed to her feet taking her son with her. "Kaine, do you really not remember anything.." It bothered her to death. So basically this fictional life he thought was real was completely different than his real life. How on earth where they suppose to continue to make this work. Ruby sigh moving towards the broom to clean up her mess. "I just... It bothers me.."

~+~

they will do it in cash.

O.O.C-

Greedy Genius

7,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
- | Kaine | -

Guardians At The Gate
The Six Tailed Scorpion
"Six Tails"

xxxUser Image

Kaine cringed- and gasped a little when Alannah basically flew into his face, inches away from him, her light made... what ever his sense of gaze was, burn in agony. He quickly tilted his head back, and when she took Virel, he just fell on to his back. This wouldn't bother Virel of course, as he'd be used to it, and probably would have interpreted it as something good- which it was... But the sudden flash left Kaine slightly daze... Alannah spoke and he heard, though his response was just a little late, as he leaned up slowly. "I... Can't remember anything, no... And if I've really just created new memories for some reason... Then......." His face went red as he glared at nothing... "I.... I'M NOT THAT CREATIVE OK!?!?!?" He shouted, doom clouding himself... "I couldn't come up with a whole 'nother life like that! It's all so detailed! I can remember everything that happened up until that cave!- then poof, I'm here!" He said, rubbing his forearms against the sides of his head. "If this is my life- then we'll make it work!" He quickly snapped. "You and I-... The ones in my memories we..." He stuck out his chin as his face went red again. "We..." He trailed off trying to speak it up again. It was obvious that the them from his memories weren't quite so.... Far along in their "relationship" as opposed to the ones of this current world... "T-There's something there!" He said, forcing it out, his face a deep red... "But... I could never trust the ones from my memories... Her words always held ulterior motives... I could never tell if I was a pawn or otherwise... But... If we had a kid...- the son here and now... Then... You wouldn't have done something like that just to use me..." He'd say. He almost second guessed himself, but he was one hundred percent sure she wouldn't... Not with her opportunity to have any guy she wanted...

"It's weird... But... When we were younger... When we first met..." He said- this never had happened for this Alannah... "When you told me about your parents... How they'd died... I thought we'd be together like this... With a family..." He mumbled. "But... I didn't think I would wind up like this..." He said, looking down at his hands. "I'll never get to see what he really looks like..." He mumbled. He was about to say something cheesier, but held off... "BUT WE'LL MAKE IT WORK!!!! I L-" His face went red again as he froze up... To actually say the word... The one word his Alannah would never say- and he'd be damned if he was gonna be the first one to say it... She'd never of let him live it down... But this one... Clearly she did if she had a kid with him right!? Thats when he decided to finally ask... "I have to know... I need to know if the memories I have are completely made up... Or if they over lap at least a little... Did...... Did you have a child before... A daughter.... Named Daisy... With a swordsman named Wreigh..." He asked, though he seemed angry to ask it- his right hand twitching slightly again.

(( ))

User Image

User ImagexxxUser Image
User ImageUser Image

~+~
/_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

}{ Scarlet Thief }{
Alannah Iriyshia
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-/

~+~

O nly a poor fool says

That much she could follow behind. Kaine was never that creative. Still, it hurt to know that he wasn't her Kaine. When he spoke about his life in the 'other world.' Alannah gave a soft chuckle. He was worried the other him was being used? Maybe she should explain how they got together. No the story would be far to long to explain in detail. So she would keep it short. Besides Kaine wasn't to big for details anyways. "Funny, that is what you thought about me for a long time." To be honest, in the beginning she was doing jus that. She wanted to use him, because he was strong and had fight in him. "But, I am a very good actress." Alannah praised herself well on all accounts. "I would say, in any time line I would be the same.. If you caught this feeling that I was using you its probably a reason for that.." The way she said it was actually disheartening. "See, if I was using someone, I probably wouldn't let him get the feeling of being used." Leaning against the wall she played with her sons hand for a moment.

"Defeats the purpose you know?"
No she had other plans. "No, if I was giving them that feeling." She didn't know the her he was talking about. Still never the less it had to still be here. "I would say that I was probably keeping you away cause I was scared..." She couldn't say why but that is what made sense to her. "At least that is what I think." With that she moved towards the kitchen. "I would like to think in any timeline we end up finding each other." That was the last words before she caught eyes with her mother in the kitchen.

"Don't give me that look, I got the answer we all wanted."
That maybe but that wasn't the proper way of getting it by no means. "By the way, where is your father."

~+~

they will do it in cash.

O.O.C-

Greedy Genius

7,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
- | Kaine | -

Guardians At The Gate
The Six Tailed Scorpion
"Six Tails"

xxxUser Image

He blinked at the beginning of her response. It was so weird to hear her talk about another version of him- now he was starting to understand why she had gotten so upset... Still, it was nice to hear that he was still himself. When she admitted it was because she would be scared, he laughed quietly. "Ya... You've admitted that already... You said I was the most terrifying person you'd ever met" He'd say with a beaming smile. His ego was hitting an all time high on the thought of it... Though her final words made him smile lightly. "I would... Like to think that too..." He'd say, nodding his head silently. "I didn't think there'd be a chance in hell we'd wind up together until it actually happened..." He mumbled- to quiet to be heard by any- then Alannah was gone. Standing up slowly, he felt his way to the Kitchen, trying to follow the lights. His father helped him to a chair as he took a seat. When Ruby spoke, Kaine turned his head to look in his direction. "He'd over there with the red lights" He said- as if expecting them to know what he was talking about...

(( ))

User Image

User ImagexxxUser Image
User ImageUser Image

~+~
/_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

}{ Scarlet Thief }{
Alannah Iriyshia
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-/

~+~

O nly a poor fool says

Alannah moved about her business like usual. She had planned on making something that was Kaine's favorite. Now she wasn't sure what Kaine's favorite dish was. It would be far to weird to actually ask him. So for now it would just have to do. If he didn't like it than, Alannah figured he would have to learn to like it. "So lets talk about what is happening right now." Ruby spoke up from the silence. She had just dumped the broken pieces into the trash. "Now that we all know who he is." Which was kind of a stretch in her oppinion. Still never the less. "What did you have planned for christmas dinner." By this time should be Nicodemus stumbling through the door carrying a large pine tree. He would no doubt say something along the lines as -

"Did someone ask for a christmas tree?"
But where was he? It really wasn't that much trouble. Maybe she shouldn't have sent him. Alannah gave a puzzled look when Kaine spoke of red dots. Nicodemus could take care of himself. Alannah knew that, Ruby knew that, still that didn't mean that he might not be messing around or what if he was just being fickle about the tree.

"I am going to go bring him back."
She placed Virel into Kaine's lap. Once again she would direct his arms around the child. "Please watch our son." Alannah placed a small kiss on her little boy's head. There was no hint of fear to her tone. Moving towards Kaine she did it without even thinking, she place a small kiss on his lips. Yes he had proven that he was Virel's father. Alannah just still fent a strange awkward feeling about it. Almost like they where starting over. Weird when you think of how long they had been together. "I will be right back." Ruby would protest but figured that it would be mute.

"Okay, well hurry back."
Her mother would than pull a couple of cabnets open with a confused look. She was so lost when it came to Alannah's Kitchen. Ruby would turn to her daughter watching her slip on her snow boots right after placing her long jacket on. "Where do you keep your rosting pots?" Alannah paused for a moment trying to think of when she last used it.

"I think its in the bottom cabinet with the cookie sheets."
Ruby opened the cabnet with a frown. There was no roasting pot there. Her frown only seemed to spread when she heard the sound of the front door shut. How could she ask a blind man where anything was.

"Great, I will just have dig through everything."
She muttered under her breath. Rushing through the snow Alannah glanced cupped her mouth to call out for her father.

"Dad?"
There was no response. "Maybe he went a little further." The two had barely missed each other. Nicodemus busted through the front door with his hand on his arm. Blood dripped slowly while the man snapped orders.

"We have to leave!"
Ruby ran quickly to her husband's side. Her eyes widen with fear. Who could ever get this close to Nicodemus to land this bad of a cut.

"What happened?"
Ruby question only feel on deaf ears. There was no time to explain everything. Kaine could barely find the simple things in front of his face. Virel didn't seem to worried about the situation. His hands continued to bat against his father's chest.

"Where is Alannah?"
Nicodemus got a glance around the room when Ruby went to get more bandages. His tone gave a sense of ergency to needing the answer. By this time Virel had finally gotten his chance. He placed a piece of Kaine's shirt in his mouth and was chewing at it. "Ruby?" His wife still hadn't answered him. He knew that he needed his arm wrapped imidately. Ruby was doing just that but right now he wanted answers.

"She went looking for you."
The woman found it hard to even say those words. Nicodemus's eyes widen with fear. His face turned as pale as his daughters. Ruby's grip tightened on his wound to keep him from going anywhere. "You can't go back out there!"

--

"Dad!?" She called out once more. Had he really gotten this far from the house? A cracking sound could be heard from behind her. Jumping back, she found a large tree crashing to the ground. "Dad?" A figure appeared standing at the tree trunk.

"You look beautiful today."
The figure was a man named Wrei. With no one to appose the man he quickly grew to levels that could not be fathomed. He was the warlord of the west. Nicodemus's captain's son. He meant nothing by it years ago but the captain and him where rather close. When the ship went down, he figured the promise went down with the ship. The two agreed that their children would be married if Ruby's was carrying a female. Wrei barely survived the ship wreck. When the marines took him in, a higher ranked marine felt pitty on him. He was merely just a little boy. A three year old to be exact. His hands gripped his fathers book tightly. He wasn't old enough the to read what his father would pass on but he was much older now. "Alannah." The name rolled of his lips with excitement. He had never actually seen Alannah. He had sent a couple people to get her before but never actually seen her. The woman skin and hair reflected the snow around her. Her eyes on the other hand stuck out with a sharp bright red color. It reminded him so much of death wrapped in a teasing package. "There is no doubt, we were meant to be together." The robe that drapped off his body was in color patterns of gold and black. The dragon's stitchen in to the fabric to give his name to light.

"The dragon of the west."
His long hair is pulled into a high ponytail. Maybe it was a little sad that he looked forward to this moment. Though frustrating enough that the woman wouldn't come when being called. Did he really need to go in person for her to quaperate.

"Please call me Wrei."
There was no need for formalities now was there. "There is no need to be so formal with your husband." This was truly turning out to be a horrible christmas in Alannah's eyes. Her body started to tilt a bit to the right. "If you run, I will catch you." Wrei has gone against far to many people to allow a mer woman escape. Be it the one woman that he has spend his life searching for. "I have fought to hard to let you get away." Alannah quickly faked left only to see Wrei dash in front of her. His arm reached quickly to grab her wrist. The woman was quick. His finger tips brushed against her coach just enough to breath life into his bones. Very few people could escape him. What caught him more at surprise was her next movement. Her right hand pulled back just enough to swipe across his face. The sound of the hand coming clashing against his face something he hadn't heard in years. Still, Alannah would hurt herself before Wrei would feel any pain. "There is no doubt, you are meant to be my right hand."

"I am taken."
She spoke sternly only to hear Wrei's laughter soon to follow. Did she not understand. THey where promised before she was born. They where engaged before could breath. No other thing could stand in their way.

"Yes, by me first."
This time he was a little frustrated. His hands now grabbing both her wrists only to slam her back against a tree. "I have worked so hard to give you everything." His rage was slowly growing. "I have searched, I have turned many woman down who would have given their lives for me." Alannah hadn't asked him to do any of that. "You may not love me now." Which was fair they hadn't really known each other. He had only known her name. There where whispers of her from those who tried to bring her to him. "But in time, I believe you will feel the same as I do." He moved in slowly. Alannah's eyes searched for his motive. Soon enough their lips would meet. Though the taste was not of her prefrence. A couple of Wrei's followers stepped from the shadows. When Wrei pulled back slowly blood dripped from his bottom lip. Alannah had bitten him. She had done it hard enough to draw blood. Traces of it would be shown on her own lips. "I have always enjoyed the taste of my own blood." Wrei pulled her away from the tree to lead her. "How do you think I got in this power." His followers laughed.

---

"Wrei, the dragon of the west." Nicodemus flenched closing his eyes tightly. "He is here." The three of them laughed off the idea. They never truly thought that Wrei himself would come after Alannah. Ruby's eyes widen, they should be excited. Wrei could give Alannah everything she ever needed. He was strong too. He would protect her where Kaine would faultier. Still, this wasn't what Alannah wanted. Parents only wanted what made their child happy. There was no reason to explain why he was here. The three of them knew. Alannah had spoken of the story to Kaine once, just in passing. Her Kaine of this time could barely take Warren. The idea of him taking Wrei is a mer joke.

"Why did he attack you?"
Ruby question with fear. If he had Alannah or was coming to collect on the promise they had made to their dad, what was the reason for attacking Nicodemus. "Why?" Ruby repeated her question. Nicodemus wouldn't answer. What had unfolded he would never admit too.

---

When Wrei had run into Nicodemus, he honestly barely recognized him. Alot had changed in so many years. "Father, it is good to see you." Wrei stood with his followers behind him. The sign of true power. His symbols did give away a lot.

"Wrei? Is that you, boy?"
It was good to see that him in person. Though Nicodemus feared what would bring him out this far. "You know you remind me alot of your father." Wrei nose krinkled for a moment. Compliment or maybe it was a back handed compliment. What ever maybe, Wrei would continue.

"I have come for my wife."
He spoke in a serious tone. Time and blood shed truly molded a person.

"I see, well boy I mean things have changed."
He was trying to say it in a nice way. "The girl's hooked on this slacker and I have tried for years to unpry her." Was he really trying to shu away Wrei. The man who could offer his daughter so much. The captain's son who he had promised his daughter too.

"I see, so you don't care for him either."
Wrei chuckled his voice gave a sense of relief. Not exactly going the way Nicodemus wanted it. Alannah only had such a short time on this earth. Doctors of many skill levels spoke against her living to see the age of 15 but she pushed passed. What little time she had she always seemed to stay strong enough to last a little longer. Even he knew that would only last her so long.

"You got me."
Nicodemus noded reaching to his gun the moment he saw Wrei reach for his sword. He could sense when a man was on a hunt. He had seen this look on his fathers far to many times. "But Alannah is different." Wrei paused for a second. His eyes catching on Nicodemus hand. "She doesn't have much time life, I would prefer to see her smiling." Nicodemus held the gun pointed to Wrei.

"A cruel way to greet your true Son."
Wrei had no idea what he meant by different. Many had said that when they saw her, they saw death in her eyes. That only made him desire her more. "I don't wish to hurt you and after this is said and done." Wrei pulled his sword slowly. "I would like to invite you for Christmas Dinner."

----

Wrei had pulled Alannah onto one his large ships. The anchor pulled as she watched her home slowly drift away. She was freezing even through the jacket. The tear that dripped from her face felt like glass. "Think of this as a new beginning." Wrei whispered into her ear. His arms gently wrapping around her. It was cruel how much her body needed the extra warmth. Alannah would give no ounce of gratitude back. "In time, you will see." She wanted her child, she wanted her husband. Even though her husband knew nothing. She wanted her life. There was no reason for anything new.

"Give me one more moment."
There was no need, the port was almost a blur from their distance. Wrei pulled her slowly towards the captain portion of the ship.

"I don't wish to see you cause injury to yourself. We shall be home soon enough."
Alannah would agrue. Her home was n the other direction.

~+~

they will do it in cash.

O.O.C-

Greedy Genius

7,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
- | Kaine | -

Guardians At The Gate
The Six Tailed Scorpion
"Six Tails"

xxxUser Image

Kaine didn't say much when Alannah gave him Virel. Though when she kissed him- with such ease to boot... It wasn't something he was used to, and his face went red. "B-...Be safe" He mumbled to her, looking down at Virel as he'd bounce him lightly on his knee. Kaine couldn't help but frown in Ruby's general direction when she said she'd just have to go through everything... He had a feeling that was her hope from the beginning... Though when Alannah's father came bursting through the door, Kaine frowned. When Kaine heard the name Wrei... Kaine's hold on Virel tightened just slightly. "Hey... Mom says no chewing on shirts" He'd say, forcing a smile as he'd lean back just enough to pull his shirt out of Virel's mouth. "Your mom..." He'd mumble at the thought of him and Alannah having a child... He smiled lightly, before turning his head in Alannah's light direction. "I'm gonna go get her... I've killed Wrei once before... I can do it again..." He said, standing up, being careful to keep Virel tight in his arms. Walking over to Isabella, he'd look down at her as she'd glare at him. "Watch my son" He'd say, as she'd try and speak against it, before giving her Virel anyways. He was pretty sure he'd start screaming as he went for the door- bumping into a wall before actually making it to the door it's self... Why did all these damn things have to be in the way... He could see where Alannah was... He just couldn't see any of the s**t between himself and her... His father would try and stop him, though he wouldn't listen. "Keep Virel safe" He'd say, nearly tripping off the deck's step. Still, he kept his balance at the very least as he started jogging lightly in Alannah's direction. Ramming into the first tree- he expected that, as he'd go around it...

After maybe five minutes of this, a flash of red flew his way, as he'd lean back, dropping to his knee's as he'd hear something cut through the air just inches from his face... "Holy s**t! The rumors were right! He must have like super hearing or some s**t!" A voice would ring out as Kaine would look around. Five red.... He could see the distinct form of weapons in their hands... "Still, I heard that he's supposed to be viscous or something. Look, he hasn't even drawn his swords yet!" Another one would call out to the others. Kaine would grit his teeth... The Wrei he had fought was on his level to begin with... How the F**k was he going to fight him without the use of his hands or his swords? He growled as two of them charged. "Boss said the one who kills him gets the whole whore house for the night!" "The whole thing!?- f**k you guys I want first swing!" Once again Kaine would duck the first swing, before the second one would get a clean slice at his leg. He'd wince, but it wasn't exactly the most painful thing he'd experienced... "S**t... He got the first hit!" The others would charge in as Kaine would slam the heel of his boot into the first chargers knee, breaking it as he'd drop to the ground, his sword hand flying up in desperation- before Kaine would sink his fangs right into the mans hand, with the sword still in tow. The man would scream bloody murder as Kaine's bite would sink down hard, causing wet cracking noises to come from it, before Kaine would spin, cutting clean through one man's gut, nearly cutting him in half as he'd hit the ground. More screams would come from the forest- before the man Kaine was dragging around, pulled out a dagger, and stabbed it into Kaine's back. "Ugh!" Kaine would growl, his mouth opening enough to let go of the mans hand- before the other three would start taking slashes at him... None apparently dared enough to go for stabs anymore.

-------------------------------

Isabella was staring at Virel as she kept her hands on the brat to keep him on the table... "God I hate you..." She hissed at the boy. Protetorei on the other hand had been standing on the porch watching... Listening... "Did you hear that!? There's screams! What is thats!" Isabella seemed to play it off... "Then he dies as worthless as he was born... What kind of warrior can't even protect his stupid family" She'd say, narrowing her eye at Virel. "Yes Isabella, what kind of warrior can't even protect HER family?" He'd ask, quickly approaching her as she'd glare up at him. "Why don't you ask that f**k over there who abandoned his daughter! THE SAME F**K WHO CRIPPLED ME!!!" She shouted, standing up- amazingly enough, still holding Virel in her hands... "Here's a fun thought for you Nicodemous!" Isabella snapped. "Because of you! Kaine was born! That means the man you hate, the one your daughter is infatuated with? It's your fault he was even born!!!" She shouted. Protetorei simply gave a saddened look to Isabella- who didn't even look at him... It was true she had offered to bare a child for him out of gratitude for him saving her life, but there had never really been a true romantic forming before then... Sure she had stayed, even after she'd become capable of holding a weapon... But the stronger she got, the more distant she got... If he had to guess, he's almost say she was back to her full strength... So then why had she stayed...- this wasn't the time to bring such a subject up... A blood curdling scream came from the forest as he looked out the door again... It wasn't Kaine's voice... But still... He wasn't in any condition to fight!

Kaine dropped to his knee's as his blood seemed to stain the snow all around them... Even the tree's, and his attackers clothes. It was so cold... He couldn't even feel the wind anymore... "Ha! Wrei's gonna laugh his a** off when he hears that Tommy actually got killed by this idiot when he can't even use his f**king swords!" "He's gonna laugh even harder at James when he learns he's coming back with a broken leg!- he'll probably just kill you for being so useless you dumb b*****d" They laughed as they carried James back to the ship. Kaine went down, landing on his back as he sunk into the snow... He could see his breathe form in the air as he'd exhale... Alannah had always told him that she loved winter... Her reasons always seemed to change every year on the specifics, but he just liked it because it always seemed like she wasn't alone... Alannah was as white as the snow around them... So when everyone else got covered in it, or the areas around her were white... It just seemed to make her not stand out so much... He always assumed she liked it... Though when Kaine saw snow it always reminded him of her specifically... It was almost peaceful... Peaceful white snow, with blood red... He laughed weakly at the thought of it... He was being embraced by snowy white, while Red watched... He'd mouth something silently... But no one would be around to see it... So it's meaning went to none...

Wrei's men had returned to the ship just as he'd brought Alannah on. "Hey Cap'! We did it! He's dead!" "Ya! But he killed Tommy! Dumb b*****d basically flew right into his attack!" "Ya- it was weird though, he wasn't drawin' his swords or nuthin'!" "Ya but I'm the one who got the kill!" "Hey f**k you! I got the kill!" They said arguing. They were all covered in blood... Their weapons still dripped fresh.... One went to throw a punch, and a few drops would flick, splattering against Alannah's cheek...

(( ))

User Image

User ImagexxxUser Image
User ImageUser Image

~+~
/_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

}{ Scarlet Thief }{
Alannah Iriyshia
_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-/

~+~

O nly a poor fool says

Animals, that is what the Zanne family was. Ruby gritted her teeth hearing her speak so horribly to her grand child. If she didn't like Virel she should pass him over to someone who did love him. Once Kaine was out of sight, Virel screams soon spiraled out of control. Tears streaming while he continued to try in anyway to call to his parents. That is what Children did, that was their only way of getting attention in the beginning years. Ruby quickly moved towards the table taking Virel from the woman. "If you find him such a bother than let someone else take him." Kaine shouldn't have left such a sweet child with a monster anyways in Ruby's eyes. The woman didn't exactly ease up. She soon continued to throw her insults around. First to her own son, than to her husband. Could they not see that this was serious right now. Weather or not he was strong enough didn't matter. Ruby eyes narrowed hearing her husband bring dragged into the fight. Nicodemus was glad to speak against the woman. He had never turned his back on Alannah. "My daughter means more to me than the air in my lungs. I would never abandon my daughter!" The man stood up slowly. Even in pain he would go after him. It wouldn't be to terribly hard being that they where invited for christmas over there.

"You have no right to speak of my husband in such distaste!"
Ruby snapped, family meant more to the Iryishia family than anything else. If you didn't have family, than you had nothing. This was probably why Alannah from Kaine's world had taken it so hard.

"A child is never born by accident!"
Nicodemus growled almost instantly. To speak of a child's birth as a fault was distasteful for any parental. "If you wish to say that Kaine's birth was because of my aim." Aim being that he caught her good enough, maybe this woman needed a lesson in her own morals. "Kaine wa-" Before he could snap back Ruby stepped in.

"You chose to carry Kaine!"
That was fair enough. "You trying to hint that you had Kaine out of any other reason is a sick way of making yourself feel better? Better for what?" Helping her husband through the door. "When Alannah was born I prayed for her health! I felt her every day!" Because this woman was a warrior she had different beliefs? "You would gladly hand over the child to death. Your child!" Now this was Ruby's strong beliefs. "Cause in my view, there isn't anyone closer to a child than its mother!" Didn't help that she was having to yell over Virel. "While I would give the very breath in my lungs to make sure she smiles every day she has left! If you can't understand that, than you truly will never separate yourself from the animals." Nicodemus eyes widen seeing Ruby move away from the house.

"Ruby?"
The woman was darting straight in the direction of the dock. "Nicodemus, go get our son!" Not an order he agreed with but one that he would follow. His eyes turned to Isabella with anger. He hated Kaine. He hated Kaine more than anyone in the world. In the end, no one would ever be good enough for his girl. He would always demand more from Kaine. Following Ruby's request he dashed off in the direction of Kaine's scream.

"At least lock the door so no one takes anything."
He spoke to Kaine's parents before disappearing into the forest.

----

"Hey cap! He's dead!" Alannah's heart started to sink to the pit of her stomach. Who was dead. Why? After the two continued to chatter about. Alannah feared her conclusion had to be true. It had to be Kaine. She just didn't understand why? Why did he kill Kaine? She was on the ship with him. "We will speak of your rewards when we reach town." Wrei spoke with a grin. The captain's cabin shutting with a slam.

"Why Kaine?"
She mumbled under her breath. Wrei pulled his first layer off for a moment. "Why Kaine, Wrei?" This time she made sure to speak up. Her tone was full of anger.

"Because I wanted to make sure you started fresh."
The way he said it so easily. That was Alannah's life. He couldn't just clear it. Even if Kaine is dead, he would always be more important than Wrei. Alannah's look gave that away. How could he ever allow the man to stay alive. "I'm a warlord, I can't exactly allow word to get out about my wife having a double life." That shouldn't have mattered. What mattered was her happiness didn't it? "In time, you w-"

"I will die, you will be very lonely."
Alannah words cruel. Wrei figured it was a declaration of suicide. He hadn't really got the details of everything yet. That was just as bad as word getting out about Kaine. The dragon of the west has a sucidial wife. It just wouldn't go.

"I love you!"
Wrei growled sitting down on the bed in the cabin. "I worked hard to find you!" He reached over grabbing a book and skidding it across the floor. The very book his father had left him with. He knew everything about their adventure. When the book was concluding he learned that his father couldn't escape the choices he made but the only choice he hadn't regretted leaving behind was the deal he made with Nicodemus. The deal that his son would marry his daughter. Parents carry so much to their children but the weight was never intended to be true. "I worked hard to find you. I wanted to be with you." Alannah felt bad she really did. Though time changes many things. This was just one of the many things it changed.

"I'm sorry Wrei, if things would have been different."
But that wasn't the case. Alannah had already had a life. She never asked for him to search for her. If she had waited for him, her life wouldn't have as many memories as it did. Every day she made memories with Kaine that made life feel longer. Waiting for Wrei would have never done that.

"Have you once, just once thought of my feelings?"
No, because she didn't force any on him. Alannah stayed silent. "The woman I have dreamed about has started a life without me? Do you know how madding it feels? Do you?" No she couldn't possibly know. "Don't make this hard on yourself." If anyone was making it hard on themselves it was Wrei.

"Fine, if you truly love me as much as you say you do. I want something from you."
Wrei leaned back onto the bed with a smile. He would give her anything. The man had the power to do it too. "I want my son." Well, maybe anything but that. How could he have a b*****d running around his home. "He is my son." She had risked her life to make sure he had a future. Alannah would do the same every day if that is what it took. "Wrei, you want me to love you? Than you have to love every part of me first. Virel is a large part of me. I will be your wife, but I want my son!" It was an interesting name. At least he wasn't a jr.

"Fine."
He groaned. This woman was already starting to be a pain in the neck. Pushing up off the bed he cracked the door to shout to his crew. "Pull anchor, send a small group to gather my son." Virel wasn't his son. It would be rather distasteful to speak of that detail.

----

Nicodemus eyes caught a couple of rusty red splatters. It wasn't long either that he would soon find his eyes falling upon a figure in the snow. "Boy?" Once again why did he need to rush into things like this? He should have waited until he knew what he was getting into first. "Boy, wake up." Nicodemus now squatted over the man. Kaine looks far from okay. In fact this could easily be his last days. "You make me so angry. Why do you have to worry my daughter so much?" That was probably the biggest hate that he had for the boy. Nicodemus worked rather quickly ripping his shirt a bit and wrapping what he could. By no means was he a doctor. He knew his way around in wrapping some wounds, that wasn't because of fond memories. "You stay with me. Do you hear me?" Nicodemus would slap Kaine sharpy to keep his drive to stay alive. "You make my daughter cry and I will drag you from heaven and send you to hell myself." His words were cruel by all means. He pulled tight the last bandaged. "That's not a threat, that is promise." He slapped Kaine's in the gut to cause a pain shock. Nothing woke a man faster than pain. "Now get your *ss up before I show you how close to death you can actually be."

~+~

they will do it in cash.

O.O.C-

Greedy Genius

7,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
- | Kaine | -

Guardians At The Gate
The Six Tailed Scorpion
"Six Tails"

xxxUser Image

Isabella's eyes lit up- but their words... Why did they hurt... They didn't just anger her... They... They actually saddened her... She hated Kaine- loathed the life she became stuck in because of him... Every time she tried to leave, guilt made her stay... She opened her mouth to scream at them, but closed it, only silently glaring at them... They wanted to get this s**t done? Fine, let them... Kaine was probably dead and that meant freedom for he- Her heart skipped a beat at the thought of Kaine actually being dead... Then the memory of her stabbing him flashed through her mind as she clutched both sides of her head. Protetorei watched her struggle... But knew she was the kind of person who needed to work this out on her own... "I'm glad... Isabella... The family you gave me... I wouldn't trade it for anything..." He'd say, before rushing off to chase after Ruby to the docks. Isabella simply dropped to her knees, and looked at the floor. What was this painful feeling she had... Her chest felt tight... And the thought of Kaine dying... Were there tears starting to well up in her eyes? She slammed her fist against the floor. "THAT'S NOT FAIR!!!" She screamed. "I didn't want him!!!" She shouted, beating the floor, over and over until her fist was bloody... Finally the tears hit the ground- and the sound was louder then anything she had ever heard... Tears? Actual Tears? She of all people was crying?

-------------------------------------

As Kaine lay there, he could hear someone's voice, but could not make out the words... There was a light... A barely noticeable one... Was that the voice? The light flickered in and out, matching Kaine's desperate attempts to cling to life... He could feel it... He could feel his life fading away... He was going to die... He was going to die, and it wasn't even with Alannah... A sharp pain and he was back... He cringed... But beyond that... Didn't seem to move... "I... Can't feel anything..." He mumbled... He'd lost to much blood... And it was obvious... His wounds had been bound- not that he'd notice... "I don't know why..." He'd mumble to Nicodemous. "But for some reason......... I really hate you...." He'd say with a weak chuckle. "Alannah... Will be fine... She... Always is..." He'd mumble. "I really do... Love her... Though......." He'd mumble, his voice barely matching a whisper.... With one last exhale... Kaine would stop breathing... For Virel... One of the two light's he could see, would flicker for a few seconds more... Before Vanishing... "He's dead, isn't he..." Isabella's voice would come from behind a tree. She didn't dare let Nicodemus see her with tears in her eyes... She still didn't even accept that she herself was crying... "Leave him... Tend to your own child... We have our own family traditions for when one passes..." She'd say, trying to get him to leave... No matter what Nicodemus would do, Kaine wouldn't wake up... No pulse... No breathe... No life... When he'd finally give up, and rush off to try and save his daughter, Isabella would slowly start to approach Kaine's body.

She dropped to her knee's, sloshing in the red snow. She'd slowly place her hands on his chest. "My......" She'd mumble, as the tears would start to fall faster... "My..." She'd mumble, trying to wipe the tears away. "You... You're..." She'd finally break down, dropping her forehead against Kaine's chest as she'd cling to him desperately. "You can't go!!!" She'd scream. "A child has no right dying before their parent!!!" She screamed like she never had before... Though they were muffled against his clothing... After a few moments, she'd take off her coat, placing it on him like a Blanket, as she'd sit next to him on her knee's, staring down at him with a blank face... "I hate you... I hate you.... I hate you my son..." She'd say, for the first time since his birth, acknowledging him as her child... "My son... How selfish you are..." She'd say, trying to force a light smile- though it did not look like one at all... Still... The meaning was there. "I never got to tell you of our history... Of the great warriors who came before you- you would have liked to hear about them... I did..." She'd say as she'd start crying again... She'd grip his sleeve tightly. "Do you remember... Our family song... I sang it to you once... On the day you were born..." She'd say- barely a whisper... "You smiled... And laughed... You looked so happy to hear it..." She said, forcing another smile. "I remember when... Your hands were... So small.." She'd say, placing her hand over the top of his black one... Her hand was barely half the size of his... "They were so soft... Back then..." She said, lacing her fingers through his as she'd lift his hand up. "But look what happened to you..." She said, sounding like a mother who was speaking with worry to a child who'd come home with a small scrape. "You got yourself hurt... And I....... Where was I....." She said, her throat tightening up... She would hold his hand tightly, before gently placing it back down at his side... "You look so at peace........" She mumbled... She'd continue to stare at him in silence for a few more moments... Before she would start to sing their family song. Her voice was surprisingly soft...

(( ))

User Image

User ImagexxxUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out