Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Genius

All parties had to have an end and it seemed like this one was beginning to die down too. Once Kraus finished greeting all his brothers, each kingdom presented him and Rosalie with their wedding presents. It was quite an odd collection of goods from all over the realm, but the two seemed grateful to have received them. After that, Kraus carried Rosalie away to bed. It was customary that the wedding night be spent with only the bride and the groom, and no other wives. It was Rosalie’s chance to have Kraus all to herself.

Rosalie squealed happily as Kraus picked her up from the table and swung her right over his large shoulder. Although it seemed scary, his hold on her was secure. He looked to the crowd and grinned. “Thank you friends! For coming to our frozen corner of the earth to celebrate our wedding! Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got to get bedding this lovely lady. Feel free to stay and drink as long as you’d like! The maids will show you to your rooms whenever you’re ready!” Rosalie flailed and turned red with embarrassment. She wished he wouldn’t be so forward and announce to the entire crowd that he was going to deflower her, but that was the way in the north. The crowd cheered and pounded their glasses against the tables as he carried her off.

Dyaus didn’t partake in such barbaric behavior, but he did show his respect to the two. Once the couple left, he left a familiar tugging on his sleeve. He turned to find his daughter requesting that he speak to house White about matching her with Kraus. He could only frown at her with disapproval. Being somebody’s third wife simply wouldn’t do for his little girl. He had much greater things planned for her. “Come, princess” He said as he lead her away to their rooms. This was a matter that he needed to speak with her about in private.

Once they reached their rooms, Dyaus closed the door behind him and sat Celeste down in a chair. “I know its hard to lose a friend to marriage, but you don’t really want to be someone’s third wife, do you? My little girl deserves the best, and there are much more better suited men for you in the kingdom than Kraus.” He said with sympathy, then showed signs of excitement in his expression. “But don’t worry love, Daddy has found the perfect groom for you! Ive been talking with the Hand and the King and we’ve decided that it’s be best to match you with the crowned prince, Lief Brocawth! You are going to be queen one day!”

Jenpai's Wife

Celeste followed her father into their rooms, but when he sat her down and began to speak she grew a little nervous. She frowned deeply, "But..." Celeste looked seriously betrayed, "But you told me I would be able to choose whom I marry, that you would let me pick someone and being a third wife wouldn't be so bad. Kraus seems kind, and I would be cared for.." She tried to argue slightly.
Dayus shifted in his seat. He seemed a bit annoyed that her daughter didn’t immediately applaud him for finding her such a great match. “Who in the realm would be a better pick than a prince? You’re a smart girl, but even an idiot would know that being a queen is much better than being a third wife! “
"Not being his queen! Lief is a Terror! He is spoiled, and temperamental. He kicks the maids and mocks the poor! How could you say it would be better to be matched to him? He would kill something just to watch it suffer. He is a monster, not a man."
“You’re right. He is not a man. He is a king and kings get to be whatever they choose. Listen to be Celeste. I know whats best for you and it isn’t wasting away here in the north with that barbarian!”
Celeste was shocked, she closed her lips tightly in a thin line at her father as she sat in the chair, "And then what do queen's get to be? Silent, fragile and obedient? I would be better off a slave than the wife of the prince. What happens when he tires of me like he does all his toys and pets? Will you be able to live with your decision when he decides to dispose of me?"
Dyaus had enough of Celeste’s backtalk. He became angry and stood up quickly from his seat and leaned in closer to his daughter as his expression became hard. “Then make sure he never tires of you!” He said, more as a word of advice. “This conversation is over. My decision is final. I have already promised you to the king. Do not disappoint me” He said, then stormed from the room.
She stood up after her father quickly and watched him storm out of the room. She felt angry and she showed it, knocking the chair over with a yell. When that fell to the floor, knocking the side table over with it, celeste held a hand to her ribs to help her steady her breath as the tears began to spring behind her eyes. “No, no, no, no, no.” She repeated as she paced back and forth in the room, eventually collapsing into another chair with angry tears. How could Dyaus do this to her? He was her father and he was supposed to be her protector, not to sell her out. She couldn’t let him sell her to Lief like a pig going to the slaughter. She half ran into her bedroom and slammed the door behind her, locking it as she flew to the desk to grab ink and parchment.
“My dearest Rose,
I am sorry to leave without saying goodbye on your wedding night. Don’t worry for me, I will be fine. I wish you a thousand years of love and happiness. I simply cannot stay.
Your friend and sister, Celeste. “

Celeste folded the piece of paper and set it under her pillow. She changed out of the gown and into riding clothing. Boots, pants, a jacket along with a fur cloak, gloves. She seemed ready to take on the cold as she snuck to the stables, saddled a horse and took out into the cold Northern night. Of course the winter storms began afterwards, and even the horse built for the cold was not happy. She had no choice but to take some shelter while she shivered in her boots. As she tried to build a small flame, the horse whinnied and took off back towards the castle.
“What? No! Come back you! s**t!” Celeste swore, trying to chase after it but it was no use.

As soon as the horse returned to the castle without a rider, the guard immediately went to search for its owner. With an empty room, a note and a missing Celeste the guard went to Kraus first, knocking on the lord’s door.
“Lady Wylde is missing- her horse returned without a rider and she left this note.”

Hygienic Genius

After Rosalie had been carried off, she enjoyed her first night alone with her new husband. Sure, she was embarrassed and scared at first, but even though Kraus was large and intimidating, he had a sweet and gentle side that he only showed to his wives. Rosalie was glad that he was the one to show her to womanhood. When it was all over she could do nothing but stay snuggled to his side and think all that she was going to tell Celeste in the morning. The girls had been equally curious about sex and made a pact that whomever was to be married off first would tell the other one what it was like. Rose buried her face in the pillow and giggled to herself as she thought about the experience again in her head. It was such a strange feeling. Even painful at some points, but weirdly enough she enjoyed it. As the night went on, the room grew colder without the crowd in the mess hall to keep her warm. But Kraus’ heavy arms and warm chest did the job. The large bed built for ten seemed rather empty with only two people in it, but she supposed this wouldn’t always be the case.

She was just beginning to drift into sleep when a guard barged into the bedroom. Rose quickly jumped up away from Kraus and turned bright red out of instinct, but then remembered that there wasn’t anything to be ashamed of to be laying with her husband. She clung tightly to the blankets for both warmth and cover, but as soon as she heard the guard say Celeste’s name she jumped out of bed and snatched the letter from the man exposing her freckled body for the world to see. When she read the letter her heart dropped. She didn’t know what had happened to make her friend leave, but she was frantically worried about her being alone and out in the cold. “Kraus!” She cried as she ran back into bed and covered herself up in the furs with a shiver. “It’s Celeste! She ran out into the blizzard! I just know she did! That girl is so stubborn! Honey, you have to do something! She’s going to freeze!” Rosalie said as she tried to push Kraus out of bed. But the man was so heavy that there was no way he was going to budge unless he wanted to. But Rosalie knew that nobody knew these woods better than Kraus and he was the best tracker in the castle. If anybody was going to find Celeste it was going to be him.

Jenpai's Wife

Kraus had been enjoying his night with his newest wife, snuggled up to her happily. The large man yawned and closed his eyes, propping a arm under his head as he waited for sleep to carry him away. However, it didn't seem like that would be the case. The guard burst in, talking some gibberish and his wife jumped out of bed quickly, leaving him a little cold as she did so. He grunted and turned on his side, trying to ignore whatever was going on but Rose would have none of it. She called his name and jumped back into bed with him while waving around a piece of paper. He had to squint and still her hand to look it over and when he did he groaned while his new wife spoke. "If she went out into the storm there is very little I can do, sweetheart-" he began to argue until he looked to his wife, all worried and frantic. She pushed at him large frame and he sighed, sitting up next to her. "Alright, Alright. I'll go look for her." He stated, throwing the blankets off of his naked self and putting on some pants and clothing. He gathered a small group of men together, those who could find their way back easily as he could before setting off into the cold winter's night to find Lady Wylde.

Said Lady wylde had little choice at the moment. She sat at the lip of the cave by a small pile of twigs and leaves she had managed to gather from within. Her fingers quaked as she tried to light the leaves with stone and flint. The wind was not doing much to help either, but once the fire was started it roared quietly in the night. Quickly, Celeste added more twigs to the pile to keep it going. With the small fire providing some warmth she curled up near the wall, shivering a bit as she used her cloak as a blanket. Hopefully the fire would last until morning. As she thought of this she looked out into the night for a tree near by or anything really but the cold was slowing her down and making her eyes feel heavy. Eventually they drooped as she fell asleep with every breath being caught by the cold air.

Hygienic Genius

Kraus grumbled as he made his way through the freezing blizzard. This was hardly how he wanted to spend his wedding night. But finding her friend would make Rose happy so he would try nonetheless. The snow and wind had long covered up Celeste’s trail so it was rather difficult to track the girl. But about an hour into the search he noticed a small flickering light near the entrance of an old cave. He followed it to find Celeste huddled by the fire. She didn’t look very well. Usually when people fall asleep in the cold it means they won’t be waking up again. Kraus quickly dismounted his horse and rushed to the girl’s side. “Celeste! Celeste! Can you hear me? You have to stay awake!” He said as he tried to shake her. However he withdrew his hand quickly since her skin seemed to be burning up instead of being ice cold like it should be. Kraus tilted his head to the side in confusion as he examined the girl. She looked rather strange.

Celeste did hear him, or rather it wasn't quite Celeste. Her skin was indeed warm like a furnace rather than icy and chilled and it wasn't from her tiny fire. She opened her eyes up to gaze at Kraus. Those eyes reflected his image like they were made or mirrors. Her skin looked unblemished, lips fuller, even her kanine teeth appeared just a bit sharper almost like small fangs. She smiled softly to him while her hands reached out to him. "Hello, Kraus." She purred softly as she leaned forward on her knees and took his face in her hands. "I thought I asked Rose not to look for me..."

As he was kneeled in front of the girl trying to wake her, he noticed the small oddities in her skin and teeth. It made the hair on the back of his neck stand straight up. He had never witnessed anything like this before, but he was strangely interested. Once she opened her eyes he knew that what she had become was much more than human. To his surprise, she took his face in her hands and whispered to him. It scared him so much that he lost his balance and fell back on his butt. He used his hands to prop him up and look back at Celeste but the girl continued to approach him closer and closer. “i….i have to bring you back to the castle. You aren’t safe out here” He stuttered as he starred at her full lips with desire. Perhaps it was him who wasn’t safe.

Celeste smiled and giggled as Kraus fell on his bottom, she continued to approach and then was propped above him on her hands and knees. As soon as she did so she gently brushed her thumb across his bottom lip lustfully, "My Hero.." She murmured as she leaned forward and kissed him gently at first, but it quickly became more heated and ended with Celeste nipping his lip with her teeth gently. She caused him no harm at all, rather it seemed she was interested in other things. As she backed away from him and watched him for a minute her eyebrows drew together like she was in pain before her eyes fluttered into the back of her head and Celeste collapsed into his chest with a whimper. Despite appearance, she clearly was not herself nor was she well as instead of warm, it seemed as if she had a fever and her gasping breaths did nothing but create more worry.

Kraus kept his eyes on her as she slowly neared him. He wasn’t sure if she was going to kiss him or devour him, but the adrenaline was strangely erotic. Luckily for him it turned out to be the former of the two. To be honest, Kraus was surprised that the young girl was so skilled at kissing. But then again this didn’t seem like Celeste at all. Before he had a change to ask her who she was, her eyes rolled to the back of her head and she collapsed into his chest. He quickly caught her and regained his balance. This time it didn’t seem as if she would be waking up again. She seemed to be in dire need of medical attention. Kraus picked her up in his strong arms and carried her back to his horse. He rode with her back to the castle as fast as he could, through the blizzard and snow.

Jenpai's Wife

Celeste glanced between the screaming girl, the angry northern lord and the King, who was threatening to take the woman’s head while she was assuming the lord threatened war. Of course that wasn’t what caught her attention. Rather, Eliza’s accusations did the trick. She mentioned Drakys’ name and Celeste’s gaze darkened from curious to furious. Her expression was dangerous, and the threat leaking from her pores was like a panther about to strike. “The way I look at your brother? I believe you are projecting your own incestuous feelings on me.” She stated as she stood up finally. “As for the king- He is the king. He can do whatever he wishes and marry whomever he likes. Clearly, Lady white, he finds you plain, as do I.” She hummed, looking just behind Kraus as a messenger came in and gave the Northern Lord a letter. Silence fell over the room as Kraus left abruptly, however Eliza stayed put. She looked like she was about to open her mouth.

“You- You are-“
“I’m what, Lady white?” Celeste asked as she got unbearably close to the other woman.
“ You’re nothing but a liar! Im not afraid of you!”
Celeste chuckled as she watched Eliza move back and shiver in her shoes, “Go on and run after your brother before I decide to become something you are afraid of.” She hummed and tapped her finger most insultingly over Eliza’s nose with a little smirk. As predicted Eliza ran in the opposite direction after her brother as Celeste strode to Lief. She took his face in her hands and kissed him quite heatedly.He was a terrible kisser, but it was worth convincing him.

“See, everything is perfect, my king. Isn’t everything just beautiful?” She asked softly as she adjusted his shirt with her fingertips.

Hygienic Genius

Kraus’s face grew red with rage as he witnessed both the King and Celeste disrespect his family. He had thought of Celeste as a friend and tried to help her on behalf of Rose, but now he could see that she was just as bad as the king. However, before he could say anything more, a messenger arrived and delivered him a letter with the upmost urgency. He opened it quickly seeing that it was from Rose, but when he read its contents his heart sank. His son of barely a year old had been lost to the winter. He could feel Rose’s pain through her handwriting and knew that he needed to get back to her and grieve together for their child. Kraus put the King and the war on hold as he rushed out of the kings halls. Eliza followed soon after, although after a moment of rebellion.

The throne room fell silent after the two northern siblings left. Nobody knew how to respond to the situation. Finally, the silence was broken by the king himself as he laughed cruely at Eliza as she was sent running. “Brilliant!” He clapped as more of the crowd began to follow Lief’s lead. “Theres that spice within you that ive always loved! That Northern woman was a poor excuse for you. Welcome home, my queen.” He said after Celeste released him from the kiss. “Show the lady to her rooms, tomorrow we feast to celebrate her return to the kingdom!” Lief ordered his subjects.

Jenpai's Wife

Celeste felt her arms untie from above her head, but she could do very little but stable her self on the bed as Varus went to town behind her. Finally she moved to pause him. He wanted her to show him that she cared for him, and that her words were the truth. So she did so. She climbed atop Varus and made sure the remainder of the night was an interesting one for the both of them. When the early hours of morning came, she was exhausted from the efforts they had made the entire night. Her hair was a mess, dress was ruined in the corner and Celeste curled into Varus' side like an obedient puppy or pet. Her eyes fluttered closed for a small nap, caring very little that her hands were bound together still. She couldn't be bothered to have him untie them just yet. But as the Roosters started awakening, even Celeste knew she would have to stirr awake and return to the castle before someone was sent to the brothel to check on her. "Varus?" She whispered, holding up her hands to him with a small, and satisfied smile. Her face was still half burred into the pillow and her body a little sore, but that didn't matter to her at the time. Celeste waited patiently for him to untie her wrists since she could not do it herself and then she slipped out of the bed to her dress.

It wasn't ruined, but at the same time it was not in the best condition either. It would certainly need to be carefully washed at some point. She folded it neatly and grabbed a robe from inside the wardrobe instead. She doubted the owner of the establishment would refuse the future queen a robe. Varus was still lounging when she had finished getting dressed. Celeste brought him a cup of wine as she sat at his side and tucked hair behind his ear. "Get some rest. I will see you when you return to the castle." She told him sweetly as she stroked his cheek, "Check to make sure the Army has made progress to where we need them. Tonight will be a long night, but it will be worth it when it is over." She spoke with a mixture of worry and confidence. She wouldn't know the outcome of the war, but either way the journey would be ending soon, "And remember to wait for the signal. I dont want to be caught near his guard when the catapult and dragons start their assault." Celeste then stood up and exited the room after kissing Varus. She boarded her carriage and rode back to the castle.

However, Celeste was not expecting Lief to be waiting in the rooms he gave her when she returned. She stepped through the room, and even jolted back a little. "Your grace." She gasped, swooping down to a curtsy, "I didn't expect you to be here so early. I only just returned from visiting with your establishment. What may I do for you?" She wondered as she stood back up, but stayed in place.

Hygienic Genius

Lief was up early as usual. But today, it was due to all the excitement of the previous day’s happenings. It was as if he had found an old toy that had been lost for years. He just couldn’t wait to play with it again. However, this time he was going to make sure that they tied the knot so no one can steal her away again. That’s why on this particular morning, the king went to Celeste’s rooms to tell her of the ‘wonderful news”. But the girl was nowhere to be seen. Lief found it a bit strange, but decided to stick around and wait for her. Soon, she returned to her room in nothing but a silk robe. Lief raised an eyebrow as he watched her enter. Why was she dressed in such a way? He got up from his seat and walked towards her. Upon closer look, he recognized the robe to be from the city brothel where the king himself had spent many nights. “Why have you gone to the brothel? It is no suitable place for a lady.” He said judgmentally. But he couldn’t dwell on that for too long. Lief had news to share. “Nevermind that, I came here to tell you that we will be wed tonight!” He said excitedly. “I have sent ravens to all the guests! It will be a magnificent celebration!”

Jenpai's Wife

Celeste watched as Lief observed her state of dress. She waited for the remark, but he seemed to have forgotten what they spoke of. She neared him and wrapped an arm around his shoulder while her other hand straightened the collar of his shirt with her nail dragging down his chest a second later. "We discussed this last night, My king. You suggested I go there myself for education from the women. Isn't that what you wanted?" She asked as she smiled and brought her hand to her lips while she giggled slightly. But when he spoke of the next thing Celeste paused to listen. He was so excited, but Celeste's mind was racing. That was going to put a major stick in their plans.

"Tonight?" She asked as she released Lief from her grasp and walked past him to the bedroom he had provided with her. But she stopped and turned around slightly, "Is that not a bit soon? I have no gown, nor am I prepared for such a thing. How could I possibly provide you with a wedding fit for a king with only a few hours to spare? I have not even been able to provide you with a wedding gift yet." She objected softly, "And my things- I have none of my things in Kings Lawn." Rather than seeming like she was arguing for the sake of not wanting to marry, she seemed genuinely worried about these details. "I can't possibly do well enough in such little time. I am ashamed that I have failed you." She looked at Lief wide eyed. The silk slipped off of her shoulder as she wrapped her arms across her chest. "Perhaps you will allow me a day or two? I only wish to make you proud." The truth was Celeste was reeling. She would have to change their plans now, and how could she do that when she and Varus couldn't even talk in private.

Hygienic Genius

“Nonesense!” The king shouted to hush Celeste of her ridiculous worries. He clapped his hands together and a parade of handmaidens came marching in, each looking like that had spent the entire night awake working on the king’s demands. After all, they had to plan an entire royal wedding in one night. However, the fruits of their labor were quite impressive. The ladies brought in flowers, and jewelry, and a gorgeous white gown embedded with small jewels just like her pervious dress. A baggy eyed seamstress wasted no time in stripping the rest of the robe off of Celeste and forcing her into the gown so she can make measurements and corrections where they need be. Lief did not object. He enjoyed the sort show while it lasted. “Everything you could ever need can be found in Kings Lawn. You need only ask for it. These dogs will fetch it for you faster than you can say Whitespell” He said, looking to the handmaidens. “Besides, we wouldn’t want to disappoint our guests. I have invited all the noble houses to come witness the ceremony. Even those traitorous ones who were thinking of banding with you during the rebellion. Don’t worry though, they’ll get quite a surprise themselves after the wedding” Lief said as he smirked deviously and slid the tip of this thumb across his neck. Of course he wasn’t going to let them get away without punishment. He merely wanted to force them watch him win before he executed them.

Below, in the yard wagons began to arrive at the castle. After all, the lords dare not ignore a royal decree summoning them to King’s Lawn. The first to arrive was Lord and Lady Swan. They were among the only house to have no reason to fear the king. Their family was famous for remaining neutral throughout all the kingdom’s disputes. Perfectly groomed white horses pulled up a pristine white coach guilded in gold. The door was latched opened and out came a tall, pale skinned, woman with wavy long red hair that almost seemed as if it was set aflame. After her came Lord Swan, who was equally as striking. He was fit but not muscular, and his skin was covered in hundreds of red freckles. Lief got the announcement that they had arrived and sighed. “I must go greet the guests before they start to whine. I shall see you tonight my bride. I trust you will get everything ready. It will be a glorious night” He said before exiting the room.

Jenpai's Wife

Celeste watched Lief exit the room while she stood still for the seamstresses. It was quite sad really, the dress was pretty, but it wouldn’t be used. She looked over at the gilded gold mirror for a moment. There were little pins being inserted into the white fabric to keep it together for alterations. She had to get out of there. Varus Couldn’t be far and she had informants and her own people in the castle posing as servants, these however were not them and therefore they needed to get out and she needed to find a way to get the message of the change of plans if he hadn’t heard already. Not to mention she needed to keep Lief distracted while people scouted out the area of the sept for exits for the families that would be involved in the fighting and a safe exit for those who wouldn’t. She had to get him to send away Hoph. Apparently she was so lost in thought she didn’t notice the young girl looking up at her in awe, not paying attention to what she was doing. The squawking of the older seamstress shook Celeste of her thought.
“What’s the matter?” She asked in a grumble, training her icy stare on the elderly woman.
“It’s just that you are so lucky Ma’am! I’ve heard stories about you- you’re so pretty and so fortunate. I reckon I would like to be like you one day! Wear all the pretty gowns and do nothing but dance and chatter.” The girl gushed as she placed a pin at the Hem of the dress and smiled upwards. That girl couldn’t have been more than a few years her junior. For some reason Celeste grew annoyed with the words she spoke. She snatched the girls face in one of her hands and forced her to look at her face.

“You don’t want to be like me.I wouldn’t wish that fate on my worst enemy. Now take the dress and get out- all of you.” She snapped the last portion as she let the girl go and stepped out of the dress. Celeste beelined for the Alcohol. This place brought back terrible memories and habits. She took a huge sip of the glass as she stood by the window, looking down on the array of coaches and horses while she breathed in deeply to try to calm her nerves. She felt like backing out, she couldn’t do this- she was going to get thousands of people killed. Maybe she would be better off simply marrying Lief, and sending Varus across the sea where he would be safe. Celeste shook her head and took another huge sip of wine, inflating her cheeks before gulping it down and regaining her resolve. A few people knocked and entered the room. She was relieved to see it was her own women rather than Lief’s servants. She scribbled a note and handed it to one to get to Varus while the others murmured quietly.

“Your armor and sword are hidden safely in the hidden passages behind your room, Sarah will get the message to Lord Laster and then I will report back when I have heard of any changes in plan. But for now, keep him distracted with the guests- take him hunting or on a picnic or something. Get him away from the sept, get the guards away so we might scout it properly for weaknesses, as well as the rest of the castle. “Celeste listened to the woman quietly and nodded. She knew that was the plan, but she was nervous. The three ladies quickly got Celeste dressed in some proper attire, “And remember you can’t act like you.”

Celee took a deep breath and stroke out of the bedroom with the nude and gold gown flowing behind her. She had an exaggerated version of her strut. Haughty and commanding of attention. An echo of “my lady.” Chimed down the hallway as she walked towards Lief and the oncoming crowd of people. When she finally reached him she took his hand and turned him towards her with a rather passionate kiss. She was trying not to vomit which was easier said than done. As she parted slightly (not really) for air. “I had the most wonderful idea.” She cooed as she pawed her fingers over his shoulders and down the center of his chest. “Leave the people to arrive on their own. Let’s go for a picnic- or a hunt and a picnic. They can come to you out in the wood and join us there. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to kill something? “She asked with a smile. She dribbled kisses down his throat much to the disgust of Elmar who was standing there, while Celeste gave him a dirty look to play along nicely. “The servants have the rest taken care of, let’s set the dogs out, find a large boar or stag.”

Hygienic Genius

Lief was just as clueless as ever as he went around the castle screaming at servants until they got every little detail of the royal wedding to his liking. He had planned on supervising them all day to make sure everything was to his liking, but apparently his bride had other ideas. All eyes were on Celeste as she walked into the room, but her eyes were on him. The woman certainly knew how to get what she wanted out of Lief. With a kiss and some kind words she had the king wrapped around her finger. “Yes! A hunt would be a fabulous idea. A kill is a fine way to get rid of the pre-wedding jitters.” He said to Celeste cheerfully before his expression turned a complete 180 as he addressed his servants. “You there, make sure no one slacks off or else ill have your head on a spike, peasant. He said, and with a wave of his wrist, his armor was being carried in and strapped onto him. His gold plated armor was certainly glamourous but also obvious that it hasn’t seen a single battle because of how pristine it had been kept. Lief held out his arm for Celeste to grab before they set out for the stables. When she didn’t immediately, he cleared his throat obnoxiously and shot Celeste a very annoyed and controlling glance, just a small preview of what she has to look forward to in her marriage with the king.

Meanwhile, Varus soon received the letter from Celeste that informed him that she would get Lief and his men out of the castle. This was the perfect time to scout out the scene and make sure that everything was in line and that everyone was on the same page. He hadn’t expected Lief to invite each of the noble houses, but it might be a blessing in disguise since many of them were his allies. He just needed to fill them in on the plan. Varus took his last breath and fresh air and stretched his neck out before placing the dreaded helmet on again. It was impossible to see or breathe in that thing, but he needed to wear it unless he wanted to lose his head. Having heard that Elmar and Armelle had arrived in the capital, he naturally went to seek them out since they were one of his closest allies. He knocked at the door to the room that Lief had assigned them. It was actually a servant’s courter’s and didn’t have many of the amenities of the guest rooms even though there were tons of them empty. It was one of Lief’s cruel jokes poking fun at the fact that Thunderforge was a poor region so the lord and lady might feel more at home in the servant’s rooms.

Elmar was the one to open the door. The large man was definitely on his guard since he had a equally large but proportionate dagger in his fist. The king didn’t exactly welcome him with open arms after everything that happened with the rebels so he wasn’t sure if they were invited there to be executed. Varus quickly held both of his hands up and backed away so to avoid getting stabbed. “I’m a friend! I’m a friend!” He said behind the metal. He looked around to make sure that there wasn’t any guards nearby and removed his helmet. Elmar smiled and breathed a sigh of relief, then dragged Varus into the room and locked the door behind him. Inside Armelle was sitting on the bed, but Donny must of stayed back at the forge to stand lord while Elmar was gone. “What is the meaning of this Varus? Why did the king summon us here? He knows that we supported you during the revolution. I have a hard time believing that Lief had forgiven Thunderforge.” Elmar said as he put away his weapon. Varus furrowed his brows as he looked at Elmar and his daughter. It was not easy news to give anyone but he had to let the lord know what was going on. “No, Lief invited all the traitors of the realm here to execute them after the wedding…But it will be him who will be executed! Don’t worry Elmar, we have the army right outside the walls ready to strike. By the end of the day, Lief will be unthroned. Watch Celeste for the signal to strike. But for now, just play along and pretend to know not about what is happening.”

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff