Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Genius

User Image User Image User Image

V A R U Sxx xx G O D R I Cxx xxL A S T E R

»Varus held his breath as he waited for an answer. It would be really awkward if she said no. Thankfully, after a momentary stutter she agreed to marry him, but with one condition—that he must wash himself immediately. Varus laughed as she pressed her lips to his. “Yes, I will take a bath” He agreed, realizing that he probably did not smell all too pleasant after last night’s endeavors. He followed Celeste up to the room. She immediately started preparing a bath for him. Varus took the opportunity to sit down for a moment since he was still feeling a bit dizzy and sick from last night. He watched as she ran around the room gathering the soaps and water. That’s when he truly felt glad in his decision to marry her. He could get used to having her take care of him like this. He allowed her to disrobe him and got into the water.

The warm water felt nice. He closed his eyes and relaxed as she rubbed his back and shoulders. He soon felt her fasten something around his neck. He opened his eyes to find that it was the locket she had been wearing this entire time. At first he looked confused. It was a nice gift but a woman’s necklace was not really his style. But Celeste soon explained that it contained what he was looking for the night he first stole her from Dragonbourne. He examined it more closely and found that there was a finely crafted chamber inside that contained the phoenix ash. “My father said something about resurrecting the phoenix right before he died. This must be what he meant” He said, truly believing that the creatures could be resurrected. He turned around to face Celeste. She proposed that they bring back the dragon and the phoenix and march on Kings Lawn as soon as they are grown. Varus couldn’t agree more. It was their only choice really. As soon as he weds Celeste they would have deliberately disobeyed the king. If they were ever to be caught they would be killed. The only way for them to be together was if they could take down the king himself. “It wont be easy but it’s what we must do. A lot of people are going to want to kill us as soon as I put that ring on your finger. Are you sure you want to do this?” He asked. He of course was sure. He didn’t care what the capital sent at them as long as he was with Celeste.

After he was done cleaning himself he grabbed a towel and dried off. He told the guard to inform the people that he was going to give a public address. By the time he had gotten dressed there was a large crowd forming outside in the courtyard. The people were all gathered and anxious to hear what their lord was going to say. Varus took Celeste’s hand and led her out onto the balcony. All eyes instantly looked up at them. The anxious faces of what would soon be her people too. “There’s no turning back now. I’m ready if you are” He said as he gave her hand a squeeze. He smiled reassuringly at her before turning to the crowd. “People of Candor!” He addressed in the booming voice of a leader that echoed all the way to the ground. “I am here to announce that Lady Celeste and I will be joining our houses! Candor will be stronger than ever with the mighty Dragon by our side, I assure you there is nothing to fear! For now I propose a feast. Lets open up the mess hall and celebrate this joyous occasion tonight!” The announcement was met with mixed feelings. Most of the people loved Celeste and cheered when Varus announced their engagement. However, there were some that doubted his judgment. Those were convinced that their lord had just condemned them all to death by defying the king.

User Image
                                                                                                            » location: Candor
                                                                                                            » attire: here
                                                                                                            » out of character: none

Jenpai's Wife

User Image

User Image

Celeste looked down at the people with a calming smile as she held onto Varus' hand tightly. "I didn't think you were going to make an announcement off of your balcony." She murmured to him sheepishly. She waited for him to finish speaking before turning to him slightly, "Now we have to tell my brother." She stated, chuckling. It would be easier to fight a tiger in an arena then approach Drakys about this. Drakys had nothing against Varus per se. Well, until of course he saw his sister naked on Varus' balcony. That had enraged him to know some man had deflowered his sister. Celeste waved slightly to the crowd as she watched them disperse. She knew some people were not going to be happy about this, but she was happy about it and that was what she cared about.

With Varus at her side she felt safe and strong. She didn't have any doubts that with him there they would live long and happy lives. That is if they could just make it through the next year or two.
    "Don't suppose you want to go celebrate?" She teased, adding alcoholic beverages to the list of things simply to watch Varus turn a little bit green. Today she thought it wise to celebrate, for tomorrow she would have to gain the approval of her brother one way or another and she couldn't have either of them being anything less than in top condition. When the people had strayed within for food and drink she brought him to the sack of books, laying them out one by one. She pushed some aside until she found what she was looking for.

"Lets go celebrate, but before we do, the Maester needs this." She pointed to a page and stood from her kneeling position. She called for the man and waited for him to at least reach the bottom of the stairs. She placed the book in his hands.
    "We need you to gather these supplies, with your discretion, of course." She added. The maester looked down to the book and for once looked like a giddy child. he had heard rumors but in all his life he never thought he would have a chance of seeing such things.
    "Oh yes, my lady!" He said. His eyes lighted up like Christmas decor as he began to hobble away, cheering to himself about the greatness of the time. Who would have thought of making an old man so happy by just one simple task. Celeste couldn't help but laugh. Her fingers covered her lips as she chuckled and shook her head.

The Mess hall was alighted with merriment and people. They ate and drank and danced. Music filled the Halls of Candor. Celeste took a goblet of wine in her hand and drank it easily before she was swept away from Varus' side to dance. Apologetically she looked in his direction, but let the crowd twirl and play with her. She wouldn't deny that she was having fun, but when she finally reached Varus once more she was out of breath and laughing. Celeste kissed him and pulled him to the floor to dance with her.
    "Dance with me." She called over the music.

Suddenly the music stopped as a man pulled a violin from its player, yelling. There was a group of them. Men and women, and they did not look so pleased as everyone else.
    "Why are you celebrating?! You've just condemned us all to death! You should be hung for your actions! The both of you!" He yelled out. A hush fell over the people. Celeste stared blankly at the group and then back again at Varus as the men and women yelled their concerns and anger.

User Image

Hygienic Genius

»By nightfall the castle had prepared a feast fit for kings. There was food, drink, music and dancing. It was a nice change of pace from the usual gloomy atmosphere that had plagued the castle for the past couple months. All the people were invited and laughter filled the halls. Varus sat at a table with Celeste and just enjoyed the evening. Soon, she was swept away by some people to dance. Varus didn’t mind. He just sat and watched her twirl around with his people. It gave him great joy to see them getting along so well. When they finally let her go she came back to Varus and pulled him up to the dance floor. Varus tried to resist. “No, no, no, I don’t dance!” He tried to say but she pulled him up nonetheless. Varus was not the best dancer. He was totally clumsy and completely off-beat. However, he still had a lot of fun. The people of Candor had grown closer together, almost as a large family from having been cooped up in the same castle for so long. Celeste had grown with them and helped them, perhaps more than anybody else. So it was only fitting that they accepted her into this family with open arms.

However, there are those in every family who always seems to ruin special occasions. There was a group of individuals who did not agree with Varus’s decision to marry Celeste. They put a halt to the merrymaking and thought that it would be wise to speak out against the lord. "Why are you celebrating?! You've just condemned us all to death! You should be hung for your actions! The both of you!" The crowd fell silent and so did Varus…for a moment. He looked over at the group of them standing on the stage like they had some sort of entitlement. Varus was a calm man, a just man. Not many things could trigger his anger but questioning his ability and judgment to rule was one of them. It was the very same reason that caused him to swear to one day take King’s Lawn. Varus walked over to the stage. The people who were in the way quickly cleared a path, not wishing to get caught up in the argument. He stopped when he was only a few inches away from the face of the man who spoke out. He didn’t look so tough anymore with the lord of candor up in his face. “Do you wish to see me hanged?” He said, softly but sternly, daring him to say yes so that Varus could charge him with treason. “Do you think that I am a child?!” He spoke, this time much louder than before, almost screaming in the man’s face. “Are my judgments not to your satisfaction?” He asked again then turned to the crowd. “Are we not alive at this very moment because of my judgments?!” He yelled then turned back to the group again, addressing them all as a whole now. “Anyone who doesn’t agree with my decisions are free to leave! The door is right there! If you think that your king is a better ruler than I then go to him!” He pointed violently at the door. “But just know that if you do we will come for you. We will come for you and anyone else who dares to come between us.” He said as a threat to them and a warning to all. He yanked the violin from the man’s frozen fingers and gave it back to the musician.

The music started playing again and everyone resumed to their own business. Varus grabbed Celeste from the dance floor and went back to the table, not being in the particular mood to dance anymore after that. He got a glass of wine and gulped it down. He was really sick of wine after what had happened last night but he needed a drink to lift his spirits. He felt much better after the wine. He tried his best to forget about those who had upset him and to just enjoy the rest of the night. It worked pretty well. Even though there were those who did not agree with the engagement there were a lot of people who supported it. They went up to their lord's table one by one and congratulated them. The next guest at their table was quite unexpected. It was his mother. It had just been so hectic the last few days that he hadn’t even had a chance to ask for his mother’s blessing before he proposed to Celeste. “Mother I’m so sorry. I—“ He began to apologize but she stopped him before he could even finish. “Theres no need to apologize, I understand” She hushed with a kind smile at both of them. “You remind me so much of your father Varus. Did you know that I wasn’t always meant to marry him?” She began. Varus looked at her with interest. He had never heard of this story before. “I was betrothed to another. Your uncle, Rogan. We were waiting to have the wedding the summer that your father came back from war so he could celebrate with us. But fate had other plans. Oh when I first saw Jarvan he was beautiful. Young, strong, a seasoned war hero, and soon to be Lord of Candor… I couldn’t resist” She told, smiling as she reminisced about fond memories. “Mother!” Varus said in a surprised tone. He would have never guessed that his own parents would be the type to defy marriage arrangements. And granted it made him feel a bit uncomfortable to hear his mother talk of his father like that. Tasha laughed. “But we were still able to join the houses so it wasn’t too much of a problem. However, Rogan never forgave us for it. He renounced his name and became a sellsword. I wonder where he is now…” She drifted off as if getting lost in her memories. Varus looked to Celeste as if he couldn’t believe what he was hearing. But soon, his mother snapped herself back to reality again and spoke in a more serious tone. “But that was a different time, under different circumstances. The king is a dangerous man to cross. You do understand what will happen if you decide to go through with this correct?” Varus looked to Celeste and took her hand. “Yes, we are prepared to face whatever consequences that may result from our love.” His mother felt the need to tell them anyways. She wanted her son to be absolutely clear of what happens when you defy the king. "You will be considered an enemy of the kingdom. He will put a bounty on your heads, send endless troops to take you down...go after the ones you love. Kings are relentless to keep their power. Make no mistake, the road ahead will not be an easy one."

User Image

Jenpai's Wife

User Image

User Image

Celeste hushed with the remainder of the crowed. She watched Varus Defend them with a certain amount of pride. Granted she didn't want him to be angry, but she did enjoy when he asserted himself.
      "Varus-" She tried to stop him before he got too angry, however her voice did very little to deter him from yelling. She hushed herself and watched him finish speaking to the entire crowd. When he came back to her he practically dragged her off the dance floor. She sighed at this. He was in no mood to dance, or talk or do anything except for brood for a few minutes. Celeste decided to accept congratulations on behalf of the both of them until he cheered up some. However, before she knew it his mother had wandered up to their table. She was kind enough to say she understood. Celeste actually appreciated that more than she would ever know. As she began to speak about Jarvan, and his brother and the relationship she had shared between the two. Celeste found herself smiling in merriment. It was nice to hear about a nicer time when she had enjoyed herself. Lately Tasha had looked so glum, but she understood that it was for a reason. She had lost the love of her life- She was allowed to be sad.

Celeste stood up then and walked around the table. She took Tasha's hands and walked with her slightly. "We will protect one another, and everyone else to the best of our abilities." She swore, squeezing Tasha's hands lightly. Celeste pulled the woman closer and kissed her cheek before pulling away. "Thank you for understanding, I will do my best to make your son and family proud and happy." She told her, but felt the need to say something else. "Back in Kings lawn, before...well, before Jarvan passed I believe I might have caused him some distress by asking to get to know Varus. I am very sorry for that, I hope you can forgive me and I hope we can be a family." Celeste dearly wanted to have Tasha's approval. She had a feeling she may or may not receive her mother's depending on her mood, and her brother well, he would come around eventually. Her eyes were kind still as she allowed Tasha free of her grip and returned to Varus' side.

"Are you finished brooding?" She teased, as she sat down beside him again, and grasped his hand in hers. However her face turned slightly serious, "We will have to tell my brother tomorrow. We will need his support for what is coming. Celeste looked slightly uncomfortable then. She cleared her throat somewhat and shifted in her chair, "I don't think he likes you very much at the moment. The other night when I-well, when we." She winced slightly and gave him an expression of defeat, "He saw us on the balcony. And as my twin, I believe he feels half horrified and half disgusted." She shrugged and turned her head towards the dancing crowd. "I will send a raven to him later, we will meet him and ask for his blessing. I would, however, have your men follow just in case. Perhaps if both parties met between the camp and the Castle."

Celeste glanced to Varus and urged him to stand up some. She motioned for the music to stop as she looked out on the crowd. "I wanted to thank you all for coming and sharing our happiness and good news tonight. Lord Laster and I, however, would like to retire for the night. By no means do we wish for anyone to discontinue their merriment. Please enjoy yourselves fully." She bid the people goodnight. The music started once again as Celeste lead the way to their room. Today have proven to be too eventful for her and emotionally, it was tiring as well. She turned away from Varus and asked him to help her undress for bed. With the gown folded over a chair and some night clothes on her body she crawled into the bed for the night, but not before sending a raven to Drakys. Before she drifted off she looked to her future husband happily and tangled her fingers in his.
      "I cannot wait to call you my husband, and my king." She whispered in the dark, "I know you will make your father proud."

The following morning the sun drifted through the windows, shining a blinding light throughout the room. Unlike the previous two mornings they were able to sleep some without being rudely awoken and the rest was wonderful. When Celeste woke she brushed hair from Varus' face, "Varus...wake up." She said as she got herself out of bed. By the look of it the sun was not too high in the sky. It was still before noon, but as she looked out of the window she saw her brother's camp stirring and men readying to ride out to meet them. She dressed herself and ate a small breakfast while she waited for Varus to do the same. When both were dressed and ready they mounted horses with a few good men riding behind them and went out to meet the Dragonbourne.

Drakys was already waiting as they rode nearer. He had already dismounted his horse and stood beside it proudly. Unlike the usual he did not wear thick clothing or fine fabrics, but simple clothing that he did not mind getting dirty with sand or the like. Celeste brought her horse to a halt and dismounted. She took a few steps forward and greeted Drakys with a hug. As Varus approached she took the chance to stand slightly between them as the expression on her brother's face was less than happy.

"Drakys, This is Varus, Lord of Candor." She introduced softly. She glanced behind herself at Varus then back to her brother who said nothing. "I've asked you to meet us here today because we would like your blessing. We are to wed, and i ask that the army retreat from my soon to be home." Drakys did not speak yet, he just stared at Varus. Suddenly out of nowhere the blonde charged. Celeste quickly got out of the way, however, she had not been the target.

"You son-of-a-b***h!" Drakys yelled, completely unlike his character as he unsheathed his sword and swung at Varus.

"Oh s**t." Was all Celeste could say in that exact moment.

"You slept with my sister!"

What Im wearing

User Image

Hygienic Genius

»Varus’s eyes went wide when Celeste had told him that her brother was not too fond of him at the moment because he had seen them together on the balcony the other night. He felt embarrassed and violated. “What—why was he spying on my room in the first place?” He said, even though the tower was a pretty hard sight to miss. Tomorrow would indeed be a very interesting day. Varus could sympathize with how Drakys might be feeling. If he saw his own sister naked with a man on his balcony—well he’d probably kill him. Varus just hoped that Drakys might be more forgiving. Her brother was truly a wildcard. He was always so quiet and forbidding that it was impossible to tell what he was thinking or what he might do.

Celeste said that she would send a raven for Drakys to meet them tomorrow, then ushered Varus off to bed. The next morning came fast. Celeste gently awakened Varus and told him to get ready for the meeting. Soon, the two rode out together. Varus had a few men follow behind them just like Celeste had insisted. When they reached the rendezvous point, he let Celeste go and greet her brother. Varus dismounted and watched as Celeste went up and gave him a hug. Drakys stayed as silent as ever and stared straight at Varus the entire time, which made him feel a bit uncomfortable. Finally, the gig was up and Drakys charged at Varus. It would be a lie to say that it was unexpected but he did hope that they could settle this like men—without the need for violence.

However, that was out of the question when Drakys attacked Varus with his sword. “He-hey wait” Varus said as he threw his hands up to show him that he meant him no harm. The ruthless dragonbourne didn’t even stop to listen as he brought his sword down on Varus. Luckily Varus leaped out of the way in time. The young lord had no choice but to draw his weapon as Drakys swung his next attack. Varus blocked it with his sword and quickly jumped up from the sand. “Look I dont want to fight you.“ He said as he took a few steps back. Drakys was still charging at him again, this time with a quick series of blows. Varus was able to get words out in between blocking them. “Celeste is—“ Downward slash. Top left to bottom right. “a grown—“ Sideways lunge. Middle right to middle left. “woman—“ Upward cut. Middle left to top right. “and I—“ Forward stab. Middle right to middle left. “intend to—“ Downward slash. Top left to bottom right. But this time the blow knocked the sword out of Varus’s hand. “...marry her.” He finished with his hands empty, looking straight at Drakys to see what he was going to do next. No mercy was given as he kicked Varus straight in the chest, knocking him down. “Celeste is promised to the King. Why would she betray the realm and marry you?” The silent man finally spoke as he forcefully drew the blade down on Varus’s neck. Varus closed his eyes and prepared for death. There was no getting away from this one. Suddenly he heard a clinging of swords in front of his face and he opened his eyes again. A sword had blocked the blow. His eyes followed the blade to see that it was Celeste who was wielding the weapon.

User Image

Jenpai's Wife

User Image

User Image

Celeste stood, sword extended to save the life that she valued so deeply. Her muscled arm tensed with the force it took to push the sword back and away from Varus. She stared Drakys down and he looked back at her in shock and awe. Celeste simply walked infront of Varus. The two twins looked at each other in silence for a moment and Celeste pointed a sword at him.
        "If you insist on behaving like a disgruntled child, I will take toys away from you like one, Drakys. " She warned, her brother still eyed Varus upon the ground and as he made a move to get past Celeste she shifted and slashed the sword in his direction. Drakys lifted his sword in time to defect the blow, but now he was growing angry to.

With both the twins equally annoyed, without intent to truly harm the other they began to fight as most siblings do. Drakys lunged, and the fight was on. They didn't fight honorably, they fought dirty with one another. Having grown up together had allowed them to learn one another well, and so the match could have been almost equal. Celeste was surprisingly skilled with a sword She blocked, dodged and attacked like the best of them. She slashed to the left then from up above and back down on Drakys where she stabbed it forward. He stood on the tips of his toes, sucking his gut in to avoid the blow, stumbling just slightly. Their movements were fluid like water as they went at it again. A crowd of soldiers from the camp was beginning to form, but nobody dared step in between the two dueling dragons.

As Drakys jabbed his sword low, Celeste raised her boot to block the blow, slamming her foot downwards to knock the blade out of her brother's hands. It ripped from his finger tips as she grabbed his shoulder and brought that same knee up and slammed it into his jaw. Dazed, Drakys instead of falling backwards used her grip to tackle her to the ground. The two struggled, Drakys trying to keep his female counter part still and Celeste struggled. Somehow, the female of the two had managed to gain the upper hand. She flipped Drakys over her head using her legs and stood quickly. They were both starting to tire, but Celeste had more invested in this than Drakys' had. She darted towards him as he heaved himself to his feet. As he was in a kneeling position she was infront of him with a sword to his throat.

"For now-" She breathed heavily, "Dragonbourne is under my leadership. When I am queen, with your support, you will have it back." Drakys said nothing, he simply panted and dropped his head slightly in grudging, sibling pouting. Still Angry, Celeste pulled her sword back. For a moment it looked as if she were about to behead him, instead, while gripping the hilt of the sword she slammed her fist into his face. The blow sent Drakys on his a** with a groan. Celeste then leaned over and took the Lord's ring off of his finger and sheathed his (previously their fathers, and great grandfathers and so on) sword where hers had once been. However, she did take the second to kiss her brother's forehead. She meant him no ill will, she just needed him to understand how serious she was.

Finally she turned to the crowd that had formed and moved in that direction. "Gentlemen!" She called loudly, getting their attention with a single word. "Your allegiance is now to me, Drakys second. You will take my orders through him as he is now my second in command. Any order of his should be treated as an order of mine. Do I make myself clear?" She commanded, waiting to see if anyone should have anything to say. And of course, someone always did.

"Like hell I am going to follow the orders a half breed, Ereiki, b***h playing dress up!" Celeste trained her eyes on the speaker. Someone tried to stop him but Celeste held up a hand, motioning for him to continue and of course he did, "You're just a little girl, why not stay at home and pop out babies like a dog? That is all you savages are good for- rutting and-" The man did not have a chance to finish his sentence. It had happened so fast that people didn't know what just went on, save for there was a head rolling in the sand and blood spurting from a throat.

Celeste, had speckles of blood across her face and clothes, and the man's own blade in her hand. Shocked and frightened faces stared blankly at her as she walked to the head and pierced the severed neck onto the man's sword. Using the device she picked up the head and looked at it for a moment. Her fingers grasped the pony tail of the man as she tossed his sword into the sand.
        "So all of you understand just how serious I am, I am going to speak this in my mother's maiden tongue." She began, nodding at the translator to come forth.

The trembling man stood beside her, with a great deal of space, however as she began to speak in Ereiki. "As your leader, I encourage you all from time to time, and always in a respectful manner to question my plans of action and logic. If you believe I am not doing something for the best of the people, tell me. But let me convince you here and now that no topic will be unmissable, except for that topic that was just covered. The price you pay for bringing up my gender or my Ereiki heritage as a negative is, I collect your ******** head and display it on a spike. Just like this C*nt here. If any of you c**k suckers have anything else to say, NOW IS THE ******** TIME." She remained relatively calm while speaking the guttural and foreign language, of course until the end at which point she began yelling as she held up the head to them. The man at her side translating flinched and shied away. An eerie silence fell over the crowd save for the groans of her grown brother from the desert floor and the wind in the sand.

Her head turned as she nodded to the translator to get back in ranks. She threw the head at a man to juggled it for a second before dropping it with a squeak. "Good. Pass on the message, you are to take my brother back to his tent, treat his wounds. When he is well you are to dismember camp and come to the castle where you will assist the townsfolk back to their homes. Any questions?" She heard a unison sound of understanding as she turned, dismissing them. Her feet brought her back to Varus, she looked down at him and smiled, tilting her head as if to say it was time to go. She then mounted her horse once more and waited for him to join her side before setting back.

What Im wearing

User Image

Hygienic Genius

L O R Dxx xx V A R U Sxx xxL A S T E R

»Varus watched in bewilderment as Celeste entered the fight against Drakys. Varus had never seen her fight before. He didn’t know that she would be so fierce in combat. She was no delicate lady. She fought viciously and pulled dirty tricks that would make most honorable men gasp. Varus however, smiled at her antics because that’s how he liked to fight too, had he given everything that he’s got. But since the fight was with his soon to be brother-in-law, he stayed on the defensive as so not to fuel the fire between the two. It was a pretty even match. They each knew the other so well that they could anticipate the other’s move before it even happened. Varus wondered if he should step in and help Celeste but decided against it. It seemed to be a sibling-sibling thing and didn’t look like they were really going to hurt each other so he just let it play out. In the end, Celeste came out on top. She had her sword to Drakys’s throat and forced him to give her control over Dragonbourne. She then proceeded to speak to the entire army, only to be met with some opposition. It made Varus angry to hear someone talk about Celeste like that, but before he could even react the man’s head was rolling on the ground. Varus smirked as the dead man’s blood spewed sky high. The b*****d deserved to die anyways. Finally, Varus picked himself up off the ground and dusted himself clean. The fight was over as fast as it had begun. Varus mounted his horse and followed after the new ruler of Dragonbourne. “How did I never know that you bricky girl. Its extremely attractive” He smirked. “You ended the war single handedly and saved my life. How can I ever repay you?” He added as they rode towards the castle together.

When they neared the Candor gates, the guards looked very nervous. The archers had their arrows drawn and the gate remained closed even when Varus stood in front of it. That’s when he realized that there were Dragonbourne solders behind him. His men probably thought that the solders were here to attack. Varus cupped his hands over his mouth and shouted up to them “Open the gates! The war is over!” The two commanding officers looked to each other confusingly but did as they were told. The towns people gawked and gasped at the Dragonbourne soldiers within the castle grounds. Soon a big crowd had formed around Varus and the others. “People of Candor! The war is over! You may safely return to your homes! These solders will help you gather your belongings!” He announced as the people rejoiced. Within a couple hours the townspeople gladly moved back into their homes, not wishing to stay cooped up inside the castle for another minute more.

With all the people gone the castle seemed so quiet. But it was nice to have his space back. The sound of running footsteps echoed though the court as the Maester came scrambling towards them. “My Lord! My Lady” The old man called as he almost tripped over a rock on the ground beneath him. “The ravens came back! There are urgent news form the capital” He said as he handed the parchment to Varus. He unrolled the paper and read the message out loud. “King Alexander and Queen Annabelle had lost their lives in a tragic hunting accident. It is with a heavy heart that Prince Lief of the house Brocawth is named King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.” He finished then looked to Celeste with worried eyes. Everyone in Whitespell had heard tales of Prince Lief’s cruelty. He was a masochistic child who found pleasure in the pain and torture of others. At least with the king and queen around they were able to keep him on check but now that Lief is king, Whitespell shall see no end to his horrors. Varus crumpled up the paper inside his fist. “I’ll bet it was no hunting accident at all. That sick b*****d was always hungry for the throne.” Varus gritted through his teeth. The Maester looked down and shook his head, disappointed to have learned about the king’s death. “King Alexander was an honorable man. He will be greatly missed. But come! I have something that may lift your spirits!” The Maester said in a more excited tone as he almost insisted that they follow him to his chamber right away.

Varus took Celeste’s hand and followed the Maester. Upon arriving at the man’s room, he was surprised to see how trashed it had become. There were books and potion bottles all littered on the floor as if the Maester has been frantically searching for something. On the large table in the back of the room there was a pot with a few ingredients in it already. Underneath it was a strange arcane circle carved right into the wood with some strange writing around it. The Maester smiled proudly at his work. “The resurrection spell is no different than simple alchemy.” He said as he tossed a few last ingredients into the pot. “The ashes my lord?” He asked as he held out an open hand to Varus. Varus removed the locket from around his neck and placed it in the Maester’s hand. The Maester then flipped through the pages in the book refreshed his memory of a passage. “Ah yes, the container must be broken by those who sealed it” He read as he squinted at the next of the book. He then gave the locket to Celeste. “Well since the original ones who sealed it are no longer around you shall do finely…just break open the ashes and toss it into the pot” he beckoned. As soon as Celeste threw the ashes into the pot the container lit ablaze with fire. “And now blood of the family that the beast was sworn to protect...” He read then looked to his lord. Varus drew his dagger from his belt and sliced a cut in his palm. He held his hand over the fire and let the blood drip down into it. The fire crackled as soon as his blood touched the flames. A loud screeching filled the room as the Maester reached under the table to bring out a cage with a raven in it. The bird looked spooked as soon as it saw the flames. “Finally, a life for a life” He Maester spoke as he reached into the cage and grabbed the bird. He held it over the fire and rung its neck. The bird instantly died and the Maester dropped it into the fire.

It’s feathers began to burn and turn to smoke. Other than that nothing else was happening. Varus looked to the Maester with doubt. Did he misread the spell? Or was the book just complete rubbish? Varus sighed. “Come on love, we can find another way to take King’s Lawn” He said as he began to walk out of the room. Varus had just reached the door when something extraordinary happened. The flame that was in the pot suddenly jumped out of its container. It flew around the room a few times, catching various books and curtains on fire before finally landing on Varus’s arm. But to him the fire didn’t burn at all. The raven-sized phoenix sat smugly on his arm and stared at Varus with piercing red eyes. “Haha! I knew it would work!” The Maester rejoiced as he tried to stomp out the fire in the curtains. Varus was still too shocked to move, speak, or even look away from the magical creature. “Phoenix flames don’t burn the ones it protects. It can even have regenerative abilities! Let it nurse your dragon eggs my lady, they will hatch in no time!” The Maester said as he reached a hand out to pet the Phoenix, only to be left with a nasty burn. The bird cawed and spread its wings as a warning to the Maester, but the old man just laughed as he held his burned hand in the other, obviously too excited to register pain at the moment.

User Image

Jenpai's Wife

User Image

User Image

Celeste did what she was bade to do. she poured the ashes into the pot and watched the remains of the spell. Her brow furrowed as nothing happened for a long minute. It seemed Varus became impatient and simply turned for the door, but Celeste stood still and willed it to happen. As Varus reached the door suddenly something consumed by flames spit forth from the pot and flew about the room. Celeste had to duck to avoid being hit by the thing. Finally it settled somewhere behind her. She turned around and looked at Varus. He had the same awed expression as she. Straightening she walked with the maester closer to her lover. She reached out to touch his arm, but to her surprise the bird suddenly turned and squawked at her in the most shrill and angry voice ever. It quickly flew to Varus' other arm to protect it, screeching warning at her.

"What in the hell!" Celeste exclaimed, backing up just slightly. The frown on her face was clear as she backed away. Her hands rested on her hips as the maester laughed about himself being burned. He mentioned that she should allow the animal to nurse her eggs. Sighing, she shook her head and look to Varus. "I dont think that thing is going to do anything for me, let alone let me near you. If anything it will probably try to kill my eggs." She stated, half glumly. She seemed slightly at a loss. Her fingers pushed her hands through her hair. Well that plan backfired on her somewhat. Celeste did admit that she saw this going slightly different. But of course the bird would hate her, it was just her luck that it was so. Sighing, she sat down and glanced up at Varus with an almost lost expression.

How was she supposed to have a marriage with him if that bird had a fit whenever she would try to get near him? Of course they couldn't just lock it away.
          "Are you going to name it?" She asked Varus from her seated position. She was pouting like a babe from over there. It wasn't fair. Well, she supposed it was but of course she was a bit upset about the thing hating her so much. She would have thought it would have been smart enough to sense good intention but she supposed not.

[[ew short, I know, but uh. im kinda brain farting over here. Idk where you want to go next. ]]
          What Im wearing

User Image

Hygienic Genius

L O R Dxx xx V A R U Sxx xxL A S T E R

»Varus was just as surprised as Celeste was when the phoenix squawked at her. The reaction was even harsher than that when the Maester tried to pet it. It really didn’t like Celeste and would not let her anywhere near Varus. Perhaps it was the bird’s natural instinct to protect it’s master from the Wydles since the families have been fighting for so long. Still, Varus tried to reprimand it. “Hey! It’s okay she’s allowed to touch me” He said to the creature on his arm. However, the phoenix was stubborn in it’s ways and squawked at Celeste again. Varus sighed. This was a problem that neither of them had thought of. Varus felt incredibly bad. The plan was to bring back both the dragon and the phoenix but now Varus had his phoenix while Celeste had nothing. “Well perhaps it will warm up to you.” He said in defeat. “I think I will name it Jarvanti, in memory of my father”

The rest of the day went as expected. Varus showed the phoenix to his family. They were all very amazed that he was able to really resurrect the ancient creature. The flames burned all who touched it except for Varus, his mother, his brother, and his sister. In essence, the bird was just like a child. It was very needy and had to be supervised 24/7 or else it would burn the whole house down. It had also become very territorial. Once it got comfortable in its environment it wouldn’t even let Celeste enter the room without throwing a fit. It was because of this that the two barely got to spend any time together over the next couple of days. Varus missed Celeste dearly. Tasha must have noticed the longing in her son’s eyes and decided to prepare them a little present. She pulled Varus aside one day and gave him some motherly advice—don’t forget what’s truly important to you. She gave him a map with a special location marked on it. She told him to surprise Celeste by bringing her here for a few days. She also agreed to watch the phoenix while he is gone. The truth was that Tasha had really begun to like Celeste. She thought that the girl was a good match for her son. She was strong-willed enough to keep the infamous playboy from doing stupid things. She had already done so much for Candor and the people love her. She was a highborn and thus acceptable for a Lord to marry…and also because Tasha just really wanted grandkids. So mommy decided to play matchmaker and set them up. The location she had marked on the map was a beautiful oasis where she had spent her own honeymoon with Jarvan. The place was very special to her and she wanted Varus and Celeste to share it together.

Varus took his mother’s advice and went to find Celeste. He went up to his room and found her up on the balcony looking very bored as she gazed out into the city. Varus smiled and went came up behind her. He placed his hands on her hips and kissed the back of her shoulder blade affectionately. “I’ve missed you” He said. “Do you want to go somewhere?” He asked even though he didn’t know himself where the map would lead. “But it’s a surprise so you’ll have to wear these” He laughed as he tied a blindfold over her eyes. Varus felt silly for doing such a corny thing but his mother had insisted on it. He then picked her up and brought her downstairs where there was already a horse saddled and waiting. The two rode out into the desert putting faith into the strange map. Varus sat behind Celeste on the horse with an arm on either side of her just like the way they sat when Varus had first brought her into Candor. Only this time it was to keep the blindfolded girl from falling off instead of getting away. The sun was hot and he decided it was time for a break. He got out some water and held it up to Celeste’s lips. “Here is some water try not to spit it all in my face this time” He teased as he lifted the bottle and fed her some water. After that he took out the map to take another peek at it. They were not too far away now and could probably reach it by sundown if that made haste.

A few hours later they finally reached the secret location just as the sun was setting. Varus gasped at the beauty of it, his mother really did not disappoint. It was a breathtaking oasis. Palm trees and green shrubs surrounded a large serene pool of freshwater. His mother must have sent men ahead to set up a tent. She really thought of everything. Varus wanted to remove the blindfold from Celeste’s eyes so she can admire the beauty of it too but before doing so he fetched something from his pocket. It was a beautifully crafted ring shaped like the dragon and phoenix and cladded with scale-like diamonds. It had cleaned out his bank to commission it but Celeste had mentioned that she wanted a ring. Varus placed it on her finger before removing the blindfold.

User Image

Jenpai's Wife

User Image

User Image
            "That's fitting, your father didn't want me touching you either." Celeste grumbled more to herself than to him.

Days later, Celeste stared out into the city, bored out of her mind. Her eyes traced every building for what felt like the thousandth time. To say the least she had been in an awful sort of funk. She hardly had seen Varus since Jarvanti had arisen, let alone share a bed with him at night. Every time she tried to near him or enter their room the bird would have a giant hissy fit. It was only when the bird was tailing Varus somewhere else that she could actually reside in the bedroom they were supposed to share, and thus Celeste had taken to having her own rooms inside the palace of Candor. It was small, and near the tower. It had probably been made for a mistress as the back passage lead to the tower and to the Lord's own rooms. Celeste didn't seriously venture through the passage but it was nice to know it was there. She heard footsteps approach behind her and glanced slightly over her shoulder. She was half surprised to see the bird not with him, but also somewhat relieved.
            "I've missed you as well." she admitted quietly, resting her hands atop of Varus'

Then he asked her if she wished to go somewhere and Celeste looked somewhat confused. Especially as he blindfolded her. she laid her palms flat on his side to balance herself and then he lifted her up. "What are you doing?" She asked, quickly grasping her arms to his shoulders and held on tightly. Of course he put her on a horse and Celeste spent hours blindfolded and bored. At least Varus could make a joke. She smiled at his comment and easily drank some water that he had brought with him. "Thank you." She answered. More hours passed and finally they apparently arrived at their destination. Celeste anxiously tugged at the blindfold.

"Where are we?" She asked, but Varus did not answer instead he lead her somewhere, and she felt something slide onto her finger. As soon as he removed the blind fold Celeste's eyes fluttered to adjust to the light of the setting sun, then focused at a million things at once. She was having trouble taking it all in. The sunset on the oasis was gorgeous, the tent was filled with fine fabrics and pillows and as for the ring. The ring he had commissioned for her was breath taking. She looked at her finger for a long moment with an affectionate smile upon her face. The rubies and diamonds caught the sun and reflected it back to her, making the item that much more beautiful.
            "you remembered..." she trailed off, finally taking her eyes from the ring and to Varus. "Everything is beautiful. How did you find this place?" She wondered, coming to him.

Celeste easily wrapped her arms around him with a cheerful laugh, "And we are alone!" She gasped. She looked like a kid in a candy store. She gushed over the sunset, the water, the tent, the ring. Every little detail was much appreciated by the Lady. She even went so far to clap her hands together excitedly and kiss Varus fully on the lips. He had made her very happy. Celeste reached downwards to remove her shoes. Her feet squished into the warm sand as she took his hand and went down closer to the water.
            "Do you think we have time for a swim before it gets too cold?" She asked him, turning to unbutton his shirt for him, however she paused and rested her hands upon his chest with a smile as her eye caught the ring again. Her funk was easing away. She didn't feel so sad here. Perhaps it was being at Varus' side without having to worry of a bird battling and burning her. She swore if that thing squawked at her one more time she was going to ring its neck and put it back in the locket. Her head tilted backwards as she glanced up at Varus.

"Or would you rather see what there is to eat in the tent. We could light a small fire within the pit they built, and relax." She made two suggestions, but allowed Varus to decide.

User Image

Hygienic Genius

»Varus was glad to see Celeste’s reaction to the ring. Her face seemed to light up every time she saw it and his did too from seeing her so happy. “Of course I remembered” He grinned as he followed her over to the water. “I didn’t find it at all actually. My mother was the one who told me about it and insisted that I take you. I think you’re starting to grow on her” His mother never liked any of the girls he’s been with before. She was always chasing them away or reprimanding her son. It was a big deal for Tasha to approve of any girl that Varus was with, much less allow her to go to her sacred spot. He laughed as Celeste gushed over the beauty of it all. Her eyes were fixed on the water, the tent, the sunset, and the ring but his were just fixed on her because she was more beautiful than any of that. He watched her as she took off hers shoes and started to unbutton his shirt. She then asked if it was too late to go for a swim. It was getting dark out but Celeste was so excited about the lake that Varus couldn’t possibly tell her no. “Well we are already half way undressed” He smiled and shrugged. “Might as well.” He finished as he stripped out of the rest of his clothes and threw them in the sand. “Race you to the water!” He called out playfully as he ran to the lake.

The water was warm to the touch from having been sitting in the sun all day. It kept its temperature for a while even after the sun had set and the air turned breezy. The two splashed and played in the water like children. It was nice to just let go and have fun for once. Varus then decided to swim out into the middle of the lake and give Celeste a little scare, as payback for all the times she had pulled him into the water unexpectedly. He held his breath and went under, but still keeping his eyes open to see the beams of moonlight that pieced through the crystal clear water. He swam towards Celeste and wrapped his arms around her waist. He gently pulled her down until she was fully submerged in the water, but slow enough so that she could hold her breath before going under. He then pushed himself up to her lips and kissed her while still submerged. He then pulled back and was mesmerized as he saw her there floating in the water with moonlight shining through the waves. He let her float up for air and did so himself too. He caught his breath and wiped the water from his face before kissing her again and again until the water turned cold and the shivers began to come. Finally he broke free and looked at her affectionately. “We should get out of the water” He smiled. He hadn’t realized just how cold it had gotten. They swam to the edge and although the water was shallow they still stayed in the water because it was much warmer than the chilly night breeze.

Eventually they had to get out. Varus decided to just pick Celeste up and make a run for the tent. The added weight from being in the water and the soft sand beneath his feet made it difficult to run but they managed to make it inside. He dropped her off on the bed and covered her in warm furs and blankets before turning to the fire pit in the center of the tent to start a flame. With the fire crackling he returned back to the bed. He laid beside her and let the fire and blankets warm him up. But it was hard to keep their hands off of each other in a setting such as this. One thing lead to another and soon they were making love by the heat of the fire. But this time they were done with formalities and Varus didn’t have to worry about hurting her because it was her first time. The night was wild and passionate and nothing short of amazing. His years of sleeping around with woman had to have taught him a thing or two. And with no maids or guards to ruin their morning, Varus felt safe as he drifted off to sleep, holding closely onto Celeste.

User Image

Jenpai's Wife

User Image

User Image

Celeste had been blown away by the entire experience. It wasn't just the trees or the moonlight or the light of the fire. It hadn't been the silks and furs alone or Varus' sexual prowess. It had been a combination of everything. She was content in laying beside Varus throughout the night, but when morning came and the sunrise was just peaking through the tent. Celeste's eyes fluttered open to view upon Varus' well muscled chest. Her fingers traced the curves of his abdominals and slid around him easily until she was in a seated position atop of him. She awoke him with kisses, and love making until she was spent once again. This time she buried her fingers in his hair and curled close until she felt she was rested enough to try venturing out of their bed.
              "How long are we staying here?" She asked as she pulled open the flap of the tent. They were alone, so she didn't see any use in getting dressed. She fastened the flap in order to allow some more light within the tent as she wandered back farther within. She was looking for something to eat. The night's events left her famished.

There wasn't too much around in the tent. Some non perishable items like jerky, water, things that animals wouldn't steal away on their journey there."There isn't much to eat." Celeste observed, grabbing a small sack of dried meats and berries. She brought it to the bed with some water and shared the small meal with Varus. "We will have to hunt if we wish to stay here more than today." She stated quietly, there was probably fruits around the oasis, as for animals. She was sure they probably traveled near for the water and grasses that were provided. Of course there wouldn't be anything like deer or elk or pig to eat. But perhaps something wilder like a desert fox, or dune dwelling mere cat. As she thought about it, Celeste yawned and rubbed an eye cutely. She glanced around the tent for clothing, luckily there were some. Not much nor anything fancy but that didn't seem to matter out here.

As soon as she had managed to drag her lover out of his bed, they ventured closer to the water. She picked berries and wild fruits in a sack and let him spy out game. Finally Varus got her attention towards a desert hare. Celeste nodded and motioned for him to get it. As the two took chase, the nimble thing hopped away with great speed. It made noises of distress as it did so, but food was food. As they were about to catch and kill it Celeste spotted something just out of the dug out hole the rabbit had created. Four little babies, sniffing the air with great fright. They made soft squeaking cries for their mother. Her hand quickly grabbed Varus' arm to stop him.
              "Stop, look." She motioned towards the manufactured home the animal had made. She smiled slightly and let the hare run to it, where she hid within with her children. "Leave them be. Every child needs its mother." She told him. Something about the little furry wonders touched her heart. How could she possibly do such a thing to them?

"We can try to fish for something instead." She suggested as she walked back towards the water, pausing to grab a stick to sharpen. Then she looked over to Varus sheepishly, "I dont know how to fish."

User Image

Hygienic Genius

»Varus stirred from his sleep when he felt a weight shift on top of him. He opened his eyes to find Celeste already sitting on top of him and kissing him sweetly. He grinned and looked up at her with hungry eyes. He preferred waking up this way to being yelled at by maids or guards any day. Varus gave in to her temptations and did as she pleased for the remainder of the morning. Not to say that he didn’t enjoy it himself. He had missed the touch of a woman after being celibate for so long. He was happy to have found someone who enjoyed sex as much as he did.

A little while later the two had become hungry and decided to venture out looking for food. The food that was stocked in the tent held little nutritional value. There were some snacks and water but nothing too grand that the animals would be attracted to. However, there was a bow and arrow for hunting. Varus went over to the water with Celeste and kept an eye out for any wild animals that they could hunt. Luckily a desert hare turned up not long after. Celeste gave him the go ahead and he chased after it with the bow. The hare was fast and Varus couldn’t get a clean shot. They stalked it for quite a while before finally catching it near a hole. Varus drew an arrow and was just about to shoot it when he felt a hand on his arm. Celeste called his attention to the small baby rabbits that squealed out near its nest. Varus sighed and put down the bow. Surely they would not survive on their own if he hunted down their mother. He was surprised that Celeste had stopped him. Something about the babies must have tugged on her heartstrings. Varus smiled and walked over to her and kissed her on the nose. He thought it was pretty cute how she defended them. “Okay but what are we going to eat now? Don’t look at me, I grew up in the desert. I don’t know the first thing about fishing” He laughed and picked up a stick to start sharpening it anyways. He had never spear fished before but how hard could it be?

With the sharpened stick in hand he waded into the lake. The water was alive with fish. They swam around his feet and in between his legs teasing him to catch them. He zeroed in on a fat one and jabbed his spear into the water. Not even close. The spear missed and the fish all scattered. But in throwing the spear Varus lost his balance and fell face first into the water. He quickly got up and spat out the water that had found its way into his mouth. “This is a lot harder than it looks you know!” He shouted back to Celeste who was back on the shore laughing at him. “You are more than welcome to join in! I’ll bet you can’t catch a single one!” He challenged. There was no way she could catch one of these slippery bastards, and if she could well, he’d be pretty embarrassed.

User Image

Jenpai's Wife

Celeste giggled as she watched him try with all his might to catch a fish. It was adorable how he intended to catch one. Celeste herself was never one to turn down a challenge and she raised an eyebrow. She headed towards the water with her own sharpened stick. After all they had to catch something or neither one of them would eat. And since the lady enjoyed to keep food in her.belly she resolved to help. She began to wade into the water until she felt a Sharp pain on her foot.
                "Ouch!" She exclaimed, throwing the stick randomly into the water and falling backwards on her butt. Celeste held her foot in her hand and closely examined it. She had a bleeding gash upon the bottom, not to mention her entire foot was angry and swollen. "Varus I think something stung or cut me." She called out to him. She hated to admit it but there were tears brimming her blue eyes. The initial wound had hurt, but the constant burning and stinging felt even worse.

Hygienic Genius

Varus watched as Celeste walked towards the water with her sharpened stick. She looked confident and determined to beat him at his own bet. However she suddenly fell down on her way over. Varus held his position. He didn't think anything of it. Perhaps she just tripped over something. But then she started crying for him and he ran over to her. He picked her up and brought her to the shore, where he gently set her down in the sand. He took her foot in his hands and examined the injury. "Yup, it looks like you've gotten stung by a stingray" Varus assessed looking at the nasty stinger fragment that was left in her foot. "I'm going to have to remove the stinger. It might hurt for a bit but it will feel much better after i promise" He said as he got a good grip of the stinger. "On the count of three....one...two--" He counted but pulled it on two so it would be less anticipated. "There, there, that wasn't so bad was it? Ill be right back" He said as he ran into the tent and heated up a bowl of warm water. He came back and soaked her swollen foot in it and finally sat down besides her. "The swelling should go down in a few hours. You should probably keep off of them for now" He said as he took her face in his hands and wiped her tears away with his thumb. He stayed there with her until their stomachs started growling then which he got up and tried his hand at fishing again. It wasn't easy but after a few hours he was actually able to catch one. It wasn't the largest fish in the lake but at least it was something. Varus returned to their little spot in the sand proudly wielding his catch. "Look! i caught us some dinner!" He laughed. It was barely large enough to feed one person but he had gathered some more fruits and berries to eat too. With the sun setting Varus grabbed some twigs and started a fire right on the beach. He roasted the fish in the fire and gave it to Celeste. He then laid in the sand beside her with his arms up behind his head. "Its pretty nice here, isn't it? I wish we could stay here forever, just you and me. I don't really need a kingdom as long as i have you...." He said although he knew that it could never happen. The king would be looking for his betrothed soon and war would come to the south if they disappeared out of the blue.

Quick Reply

Submit
                Manage Your Items
                Other Stuff
                Get GCash
                Offers
                Get Items
                More Items
                Where Everyone Hangs Out
                Other Community Areas
                Virtual Spaces
                Fun Stuff