Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Kurt Anderson-Hummel
Date: October 3rd

Kurt looked at him, seeing his sadness made the effects all that greater and he realized that Blaine could finally see how sick, tired, thin and pale he looked. He kept himself healthy the days of filming but the rest of the time he just felt so sick he couldn't do anything but get to class and work his hardest. He looked to Blaine before shaking his head, “I'm sorry,” he said, “I've been so stupid and so selfish and so...wrong.” he looked at his husband and took his hand before kissing him but on the cheek this time, worried that the HIV would infect Blaine.

Date: October 4th

11:30am
          It had taken an hour for the doctor to fully give Kurt a checkup, checking his breathing, his heart and doing a close examination of his body. There were still a couple of tests that they were waiting for the results of. Blaine hadn't seemed to leave Kurt alone during all of this, holding his hand as if Kurt's life depended on it. He noticed Blaine's expression drop everytime the doctor frowned or rechecked or said that something should be higher or lower. The truth was he wasn't healthy but right now completing his eudcation meant everything, he didn't want to die without doing that.

“I'm sorry, didn't know it would take so long,” the twenty six year old forced a smile onto his face but Blaine didn't look like he felt like smiling at all. Kurt wasn't sure if it was anger, grief, sadness or a mixture of all three. The doctor then came in to sit with them and Kurt looked across at the two men who were holding onto each other's hand. The doctor was a man this time with a no-nonsense expression. “Mr Anderson-Hummel” he said looking across at Kurt, “There's some bad news and some good news,” he began. Kurt gave a nod, “Wouldn't expect there to be anything else, you know that's what doctors always tend to say,” he tried to say light heartedly but it was only calmness to cover up the fear.

The doctor nodded, “Your lungs have taken a serious hit, I know we've seen you before here and it says that you have a weak body and immune system so I'd stay away from any drugs, alcohol and cigarettes included. I also suggest that you get on the medication immediately although, this is the tough news, even with the medication we're looking at a life expectancy of ten to fifteen years on medication and about six to eight months off of it because of how bad your body is, now we can't be sure of this until we get the other tests back. Don't worry you're covered as a dependent because of your husband's health insurance so it won't be that expensive, not that we need to think of cost as anything to prevent you from getting the best treatment possible, you'll need it. The good news is that it's stil HIV but without changing your lifestyle and the medication you take there could be other complications, not only AIDS but we're thinking of various cancers as well.”

Kurt squeezed Blaine's hand tighter as he said that, he looked at his husband who was still staring at the doctor. “I'm putting you on a high dosage of this medication,” he said handing him a prescription slip, “I'll ask you to go see a doctor whilst you're in England as you said that you're studying over there at the moment. They'll be able to help you with any further medications that you may need.” The doctor looked down sadly but seriously, “I'd make these next ten years the best you can Mr. Anderson-Hummel, as they will probably be your last.”

Kurt's heart froze, that meant he would be leaving Blaine when his husband was thirty five and Chris when he was fifteen. He nodded and looked at Blaine waiting to see his reactions.

[OOC: I know you don't want me to kill off Kurt but I made him get a bad diagnosis but it'll change later when the medication is at the right level and the side effects wear off. You can time skip if you want or just focus on Christopher or do both. I just watched the two latest episodes again and cried so much my mother came to see me really worried. It's really sad.]

Dapper Citizen

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Blaine Anderson-Hummel

Blaine's eyes didn't move away from Kurt as the doctor performed each and every test possible on Kurt, trying to determine how serious his condition had gotten in the time that he had taken away from taking his medication. Blaine's fingers wrapped around Kurt's as much as possible while they were in the office, trying to calm his nerves down and convince himself that everything would be okay. Kurt was here now and that meant that everything was okay, at least that was what Blaine wanted to believe.

When the doctor told them he had finished with the tests and went out of the room, Kurt and Blaine sat down side by side, Blaine's hand tightly pressed against Kurt's, squeezing it tightly to try and calm himself down before the doctor returned. Kurt apologized for it taking so long and smiled, but Blaine wasn't in the mood to smile, in his head all the bad diagnosis's where running through his mind and almost convincing him that he was going to loose his husband to one condition or another.

The doctor returned to the room, sitting opposite the couple as he prepared to tell them the news. He began by saying there was good and bad news and Kurt tried to make a joke of it, but neither the doctor or Blaine were very amused by it and they both remained very straight faced. The doctor began breaking the news by suggesting that Kurt stay away from all drugs, including alcohol and cigarettes. Blaine's first thought was that they wouldn't be able to share a bottle of wine anymore on their dates and they wouldn't be able to have a drunk, intimate night together ever again. Blaine felt guilty about his thoughts, if that was what it took to keep Kurt with him as long as possible, then Blaine was willing to do it but he would definitely miss having fun drunk experiences with his husband.

The doctor then told Kurt that he'd have to start the medication again, but that wasn't a surprise to Blaine, who had been expecting that from the start. It was what the doctor said next that really seemed to shake Blaine's world, Kurt would have just a measly ten to fifteen years to live, even with the medication. Gripping Kurt's hand even tighter, Blaine tried to resist breaking down. Instead, he focused on keeping his face calm and blank from emotion, even though inside, he was screaming with fear, pain, hurt, anger and so many other emotions.

Every word the doctor said after Kurt's life expectancy was just like white noise to Blaine, who was too busy trying to sort his own emotions out to pay attention to the smart looking man in front of him any longer. Blaine's hazel eyes continued to stare at the doctor however as he tried desperately to not look at Kurt because he knew that the moment he did, he would break down crying and wouldn't be able to stop. The doctor reached out and handed Kurt something, Blaine caught sight of the words on the paper and realised that it was a prescription. The numbers on the paper indicated a higher dosage than Kurt used to have, did that mean the side effects would start to effect Kurt again? Blaine wished that he knew the answer.

When the doctor stopped speaking, Blaine tried to take a deep breath in. He needed to be strong. He needed to avoid looking at Kurt. He needed to get home to his son. "Thank you," Blaine said calmly, his voice was clearly tense however. He stood from the chair and held his hand out towards the doctor, who quickly and firmly shook it, telling them to make sure that they got Kurt's prescription as soon as possible. Blaine confirmed that they would go right now and then the couple said their goodbyes and left the doctors office.

It took around an hour to complete all the forms that they needed to so that their health insurance would cover some of the costs of Kurt's medication. Therefore it was only around 1pm that Kurt and Blaine got back to their two bedroomed apartment and relieved Rachel of her baby sitting duties. The whole way home, Blaine hadn't glanced at Kurt, too afraid that if he did he would start crying while he was driving and that would just lead to either him crashing the car or having to pull over and it taking even longer to get home than it had already.

When they arrived at the apartment, Rachel wanted to know everything that the doctor had said but Blaine wasn't in the mood to entertain and so, he just walked straight passed her and into his and Kurt's bedroom. The Broadway actor lay down on the bed and pulled his pillow over his face, holding it tightly there as he finally broke down. "So much for being the strong one" he thought bitterly as he let out a sob. Would Kurt be there to see Chris graduate? Would he see Christopher's first girlfriend? Would he be able to get his Hollywood movie like he wanted? There were so many questions that were going to be left unanswered and that was the part that Blaine hated the most - the unknown. What would his life be like without Kurt? Would it even be worth living anymore? The more Blaine lay there, miserable and crying, the more questions that came to his mind.

Over the sound of his heavy breathing and sobs, Blaine could hear the bedroom door open and close again. "Don't." Blaine spoke loudly, trying to make himself heard through the pillow that was still pressed to his face. "Don't tell me it'll be okay when it won't." He demanded as he pulled the pillow even closer to his face. Flexing and using his muscles made him feel better as it gave him a physical outlet for his pain. "Ten years Kurt. Ten ******** years." Blaine said angrily, grinding his teeth together as he spoke. "Chris will be fifteen!" Blaine made an angry sound, grabbed the pillow off his face and threw it across the room with a bang, it hit the side of their wardrobe and then slid down to the floor.

Blaine pushed himself up into a sitting position and looked at the shocked looking Kurt. "I'm not mad at you," Blaine mumbled as he grabbed hold of Kurt's pillow this time and began punching it, softly at first but then harder and harder as he spoke. "I'm just so ******** pissed off. I'm not willing to let you go. You can't... you can't.." Blaine couldn't say the word 'die', he just couldn't. With another angry sound, Blaine pounded his fist into the pillow so hard that it ripped along the seam and, very suddenly all of Blaine's anger was gone and once again he was crying.

"Don't leave me," Blaine begged sadly as he lifted his hands up to his face to hide his tears. "Chris needs you. I need you," Blaine sobbed into his hands. "P-please..." He turned his eyes back up to Kurt, "Promise me you'll stay?" Blaine asked, knowing that it was impossible but desperate for Kurt to give him some ray of hope to keep him going, so that he wouldn't lie here every single night, thinking about the bad things that were to come.
          ""

""
          [OoC: Awww! *hugs* It is so sad! i just finished watching them again and, God I can't help but tear up! This is definitely got to be one of the saddest episodes ever!
          Hope my post is okay and not too... depressing! ]]

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Kurt Anderson-Hummel

Kurt looked at Blaine wide eyed seeing him basically throw a fit about what was happening to him, Kurt Anderson-Hummel. He sighed as he realized how torn apart Blaine was about this and knew that he wanted to comfort him but what were the right words to say? He heard the doctor's words and his own thoughts repeated as Blaine talked about his new life expectancy and then about Christopher. If he had known that not taking the medication would cause this many problems he would have spent all his money on getting them.

When Blaine asked Kurt not to leave him Kurt's first thoughts jumped to England and the remainder of his education but then he considered that maybe Blaine meant something deeper as in don't let this illness win. Kurt sighed as he sat down on the edge of the bed. “I have to go back tomorrow. I have to finish my education Blaine but we'll still skype every single night, we can still talk about it. I won't hide my illness from you any longer and I'll take the drugs they've given me,” he tried to say but he was scared about the side effects that came with them, would he be able to continue acting?

“You've got to have courage Blaine, you're the one who taught me that,” he began before looking at his husband who he had known for so many years now. He looked down and coughed slightly, “I'm sure that the doctor has it wrong, ten years doesn't exactly feel like a long time and I think my body is healthier than that,” he smiled weakly. He laughed weakly and then tried to brush away the tears from his husband's face, he hated seeing Blaine so upset, “Hey maybe within ten years there'll be better medication for me to try.” he said forcing himself to sound happy and confident.

Taking another deep breath and looking at his hands he looked to Blaine nervously, “You have no idea just how much I love you. If I could promise you that I'd live for us, for you and Christopher, I would in a heartbeat. It'll be okay though, I'm sure that you'll meet someone else and I'm sure that you'll be able to take care of Christopher alone.” He watched as Blaine shook his head trying to tell him that these weren't the words he wanted to hear. Kurt sighed and pulled Blaine down to the bed so they were laying there and looking at one another, passion and understanding was in Kurt's eyes as he stared across at his red eyed partner with tear streaks on his face.

“I'm sure it won't be as bad as last time though, I've grown much stronger since then, mentally and physically,” he tried to reassure Blaine but in a few months he'd be getting much worse than he had ever been before.

[OOC: No it's fine! I'm currently looking for jobs/internships and working on the screencaps but don't expect final episode screencaps as quickly as the latest ones wink . I also got an A- in one of my classes so I feel pretty good about that]

[OOC2: I'm tempted to skip, after your post of course, to after Kurt comes back from England for good but I'm not sure if you wanted to add more Chris scenes in and talk about how he deals with his social problems. Well I'll do whatever you want to do. ^^]

Dapper Citizen

Blaine Anderson-Hummel

Blaine shook his head sadly as Kurt said that he had to go back, even though he knew that there was no getting around it. Kurt was going to go back to England whether Blaine wanted him to or not, there was no point in even arguing about it. When Kurt told him that he needed to have courage, Blaine couldn't help but let out a little laugh as he had never felt less courageous in his life. He felt weak because he couldn't protect Kurt from the one thing that was threatening him and he knew that he would never be able to save Kurt from this.

When his husband coughed, Blaine's eyes became panicked and he quickly turned them up to look at Kurt's face. Kurt tried to convince Blaine that the doctor had it wrong and that he had longer to live, but who was Kurt to argue with a doctor? Just because Kurt felt good now it didn't mean that it wasn't going to change sometime in future. Kurt's little hands came up to touch Blaine's face and he carefully rubbed away the tears that were still falling from his eyes as he tried to happily tell Blaine that in the future there might be more, better medication but Blaine wasn't really willing to listen. Wasn't Kurt supposed to be the one who made him feel better? Right now, Blaine could just see straight through all those fake smiles and see that Kurt was actually just as upset as he was. When Kurt began his next sentence, saying that he would live for Chris and Blaine if he could, the ex-warbler actually started to feel a little better. Well, that was until Kurt said that he was sure Blaine would find someone else and that he'd be able to take care of Christopher alone. Blaine shook his head from side to side, telling Kurt that no, he wouldn't be okay without the love of his life, he would be devastated and horrified and he wouldn't be able to continue living without the ray of sunshine that Kurt brought into his life.

Lying down with his husband, Blaine could see the flame behind Kurt's blue eyes, that little spark that told Blaine that Kurt wasn't going to give up and that, that was more reassuring than anything Kurt could have said. The moment that that spark was gone, Blaine knew that his life was over. Kurt tried to tell Blaine that it wouldn't be as bad as last time and slowy, Blaine nodded his head numbly. He moved closer to Kurt, pressing his cheek against the left side of Kurt's chest and listening to the steady thump-thump of his heart. Blaine closed his eyes and tried to remember the sound, as though it was going to stop any moment.

"I love you." Blaine mumbled, turning his head slightly so that he could press his lips to Kurt's chest. He knew that Kurt probably wouldn't be able to feel it, thanks to his many layers, but it made Blaine feel better to know that he still had his husband now to kiss and to hold. "Where's Christopher?" Blaine mumbled softly, although it was only early afternoon Blaine felt unbelievably tired, probably because of all the crying and emotional stress the had been through that morning. When Kurt told Blaine that their son was in his bedroom, Blaine nodded his head against Kurt's chest, still holding Kurt tightly close to him.

"Can you stay here..? Just for a little while?" Blaine requested, not wanting to let Kurt go. He just wanted to sleep for an hour or so with Kurt in his arms, he wanted to feel as though it was just him and his husband and that nothing was going to get in between them for the rest of their lives. He wanted Kurt to lay with him while he dreamed about what a good future they could have if Kurt's illness didn't steal him away before it was his time. Blaine felt Kurt move and he wasn't quite sure if his husband was just trying to get comfortable or if he was trying to get up and leave, either way, Blaine grabbed onto the back of his husbands shirt and let out a little pained moan. "Don't go, not yet..." Blaine complained as his fingers tried to intertwine themselves into the material of Kurt's shirt.

""
          [OoC: Aww! Good luck looking for your job / internship! Hope you get one soon! And congrats on getting an A- in your course! That's amazing! User Image
          I'm fine with you skipping to when Kurt comes back to England, we can always just keep what happens with Christopher vague for now. Maybe say that things have gotten better on the bullying front but he still doesn't have any friends or something c:
          Bed time for me! Goodnight hun x]]

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Kurt Anderson-Hummel

When Blaine asked Kurt to stay with him Kurt nervously repositioned himself on the bed in order to stay and then heard Blaine's pained moan. He didn't know whether Blaine was talking about death again or him leaving the bed but Kurt intended to stay for as long as possible on top of today's dark blue bedspread. Slowly he fell asleep in the arms of his husband, worried about the future but still with the spark of determination in his eyes.

Date: November 25h

The next almost two months had been hard for the twenty six year old with balancing the right medication, attending classes and trying to get the best marks he could and filming the remaining episodes of the TV series, it had seemed much harder than usual. The only thing that seemed to be getting him through was that his husband was talking to him more on Skype. Christopher had changed schools to another private school and seemed happier there, he wasn't exactly happy and Kurt could tell that but he didn't seem to be getting hurt or crying as much. When November came Kurt had some of the best grades in his courses and everyone knew it. He was also loved for the character he had portrayed on the TV show and although it wasn't airing in America he felt it was a good thing to put on his resume. This day he was finally going to be reunited with Blaine and hopefully since the last time he saw him, Blaine had accepted the news about his death much more.

Kurt looked down guiltily as he walked to the arrivals gate with his bag on his back, he had been taking his medication as Blaine had begged him to and seemed to check in with him about each and every night. The side effects were extremely bad but he tried to shrug them off mainly for the sake of his acting and his family. Kurt was know well known for his role on the TV series in England even though the eight episodes of it had been filmed and produced in a rush and Kurt had all eight to show his husband.

As Kurt got to the arrivals gate of the airport he spotted Blaine waiting for him and pushed through the crowd slightly to get to his husband. It was obvious that Kurt had lost a little bit of weight but he tried to brush it off and look amazing even though his body was pale and slightly colder than average. Placing his hand in Blaine's he looked around only to hear that Christopher was with Rachel and Blaine had taken the day off to come and meet him and spend some alone time with him. Kurt was thankful about that. It wasn't that he disliked Christopher, he loved him more than anything except his husband and Kurt knew that that was selfish but it was true. He coughed nervously as Blaine started to take hold of his large suitcase, his cough sounding harsh and it wasn't long before he felt his husband's hand on his back trying to ease the coughing.

“I'm fine,” Kurt smiled softly at Blaine, “I'm home.” Blaine gave a nod at that response and Kurt smiled as Blaine held his hand with his free one. Kurt was a little disappointed that Christopher wasn't here but perhaps Blaine had something he had to talk to him about in private. Kurt wondered whether Blaine had told his son about papa getting sicker but Christopher didn't seem to know about that. That made Kurt more relieved and he looked at Blaine as his partner asked how he was feeling. Once again Kurt told him that he was fabulous and after getting another nervous glance from his husband felt that Blaine did actually believe him.

When they had collected Christopher and listened to him ask his papa a million questions which Kurt returned with a genuine smile and half-truths which Blaine could see through, there seemed to be a much lighter atmosphere in the car. They spent the rest of the day watching the remaining seven episodes of Kurt's TV show and then talking to Christopher about Christmas in Ohio and what kind of things they were doing for Thanksgiving which was only two days away.

Date: December 15th

Over the past three weeks or so when Kurt had come back his condition had really started to show itself, every night he would have cold night sweats and wake up with fevers. His coughs which had started out as infrequent had turned more frequent and more harsh, sometimes he couldn't even stop coughing and would choke until he found something to drink. Although he had been taking the medication it wasn't working 100% and so he felt extremely sick both from the advanced HIV and from the medication's side effects.

At this moment it was already 3:30pm and Blaine had collected Christopher from his new school that he refused to talk much about and Kurt had been in bed in the two bedroom apartment, since they hadn't moved yet, all day with a headache and overall body weakness. Christopher looked at his dad as Blaine made his way over to Kurt and placed a soothing hand on his husband's forehead, “Is he still hot?” Christopher asked concerned. When Blaine nodded Chris looked into the kitchen area and sighed, “He hasn't eaten has he?” he asked nervously but before Blaine could answer there was a weak sounding voice from the bed.

“Hello my darlings,” he whispered to them not opening his eyes, his glasses on the side table next to him. Kurt coughed before breathing seeming to have difficulty with the simple task. “I'm sorry I'm not that well today, don't worry though papa will be fine by the time we go to Lima.” Christopher nodded attempting to understand what his older father was going through however even the five year old could see how thin, weak, and pale his papa had become over the past two and a half months. Walking around to Kurt's side of the bed Chris gave his hand a small squeeze, tears in his eyes but unable to be heard in his voice, “Get better Papa and have a good sleep.” he then walked out the room to read one of the books that Blaine had chosen for him.

When Blaine exited the room five to ten minutes later Chris looked up at his daddy, “He's not doing so good is he?” he asked not sounding like a normal five year old should. “Dad can we make Papa something to eat?” he asked since Kurt barely ate anything these days and when he did he was usually sick.

As Christopher said that there came the opening of the bedroom door as an exhausted looking Kurt, now wearing his glasses exited after Blaine. When Blaine stared at him Kurt gave a very weak smile, “I'm fine baby. I'll come out and sit with you and Chris for a while,” he said ignoring the advice or protests that Blaine was making to him being out of bed. “I can handle it...just give me about ten minutes and I'll set the magic on creating tonight's meal,” he laughed before walking over to Christopher on shaky legs. He really wasn't alright at all.Kurt looked at Blaine before looking at Chris and bowed his head knowing this would cause an argument between him and Blaine. “I'm going to try to find some kind of job after the New Year no matter how I feel.” He caught the look on Blaine's face, one that was perhaps of concern and disapproval, “Even if it's as a writer I'll find a job. I need to find a job Blaine if I can't then I'm going to stop taking the you know whats. I'm an adult man, twenty six, I need to be able to provide for my own life, ideally my family as well, but if I can't afford it by myself then...” he looked down, sitting down and beginning to cough. Christopher rubbed his Papa's back with his small hand wanting his Papa to get better. Even though Kurt had earned over $50,000 just for acting in the TV series and more for his previous acting work that money wasn't really something he could see as his, all he could see in his cloudy mind was Blaine paying for everything, paying for him to live.

[OOC: Very short but I'll add to it if you haven't replied later. Have a great sleep!]

[OOC2: 4:27am Okay added some more on! Hope you feel more able to reply to this post now]

[OOC3: Monday - 8:15am ((Just added some more. Sorry! Hopefully it's not too long))]

[OOC4: Pictures of Blaine ep 20-21 [B][L][A][I][N][E][A][N][D][E][R][O][N]]

[OOC5: Also I'm so happy right now...you can obviously guess why. But oh my god I feel so bad for them!! Not going to spoil anything more for you. Hope your exams went well]

Dapper Citizen

Blaine Anderson-Hummel

In the time since Kurt's arrival home in New York, things hadn't exactly gone the way that Blaine had planned for them to. Blaine had hoped that with Kurt back in his arms, everything would get easier for the three of them. He had believed that Kurt would get a job acting at least over the Christmas Period but Kurt's worsening health had stopped him from even looking for a job. With the three of them living together again, but only one income, Blaine was having to work longer hours at the theater just to try and keep them a float and so, their hopes to move to a house outside of the city had been put on the back burner. Blaine hated using the money that Kurt had earned in England, but when it came to the end of the week and they had no money left for bills or even food, Blaine had no other choice but to use the money from Kurt's account. Blaine just wished that Broadway and Theater work payed better, while his career was slowly moving up he still wasn't making nearly as much as he had been when they had all been living in England and he had been a TV show director.

Blaine hated having to sit back and watch as Kurt got more and more ill, he felt totally and utterly useless each time a harsh, loud cough would shake Kurt's body and each day that passed with him getting weaker and weaker until today, at 3.30pm, Kurt still hadn't gotten out of their double bed. Blaine had gotten up in the morning at 7am while Kurt continued sleeping restlessly, he had gotten Christopher ready to attend his new school, where he seemed much more content. Blaine couldn't help but think that Christopher didn't talk about his two fathers anymore, too afraid of what would happen if he did because of last time. Blaine didn't blame his son for doing whatever he could to avoid the bullying and blend in with the background, he just wished that there was something he could do to help his little boy feel more confident in his self.

After dropping Christopher off at school, Blaine had gone to work in the theater until Midday, practicing his role as the male lead in the Christmas pantomime. At that point, he had returned home and sat in his and Kurt's bedroom, trying to smile and tell his husband that everything was going to be okay. He was sure that a lot of the time Kurt was asleep, but it made Blaine feel better to talk with him about the future and get his feelings out there, even if Kurt wasn't really listening.

When the time had come to go and pick Christopher up from school, Blaine had reluctantly left Kurt and promised he would be back soon and gone to pick their son up. Christopher was no fool and no matter how much Blaine and Kurt tried to convince him that his Papa was fine, Christopher's amazing perception told him that they were lying and something bad was happening. It had gotten to the point now, where Blaine didn't even bother lying to the blond haired boy. So, when they came home and Blaine went to check on Kurt, he admitted to Chris that his Papa wasn't doing so good.

When Kurt spoke to them, his voice was so low, so harsh and unlike himself that Blaine couldn't help but wince at the sound. Christopher approached his Papa and told him to have a good sleep and to get better soon and that really did break Blaine's heart. Almost as soon as Chris had left the room, Blaine broke down in tears but he desperately held back his sobbing, trying not to let Kurt see how upset he was about his condition. After a few moments, Blaine dried his eyes and exited the bedroom to an awaiting Christopher who quickly asked if they could make something for Kurt to eat. Blaine nodded his head softly and held his hand out to the five year old, but Christopher's attention was quickly drawn up to the bedroom door, where Kurt was standing quite unstably.

"Kurt! You shouldn't be up! Please go back to bed." Blaine begged as he carefully watched Kurt hobble over towards their little boy. Blaine couldn't help but hold his arms out towards Kurt, as though getting ready to catch him in case he fell. Blaine shook his head as his husband said that he was going to make their meal that night, there was no way that Blaine was going to let Kurt anywhere near the kitchen in his condition. Kurt then went on to tell Blaine that he wanted to get a job in the New Year as he was twenty six and he should be able to provide for his family. Watching as Kurt practically collapsed on the couch and their little boy quickly went to comfort his Papa, Blaine bit down on his bottom lip before kneeling down infront of Chris.

"Hey, why don't you go make Papa a picture?" Blaine asked softly, it was pretty clear however that Christopher knew what his dad's real meaning was - go out of the room while I talk to Papa. Chris nervously nodded his head before walking out of the living area and into the kitchen, where his little arts and crafts table was located. Blaine then stood up and took the seat next to Kurt and wrapped one arm around Kurt's shoulders protectively.

"Kurt..." Blaine began, looking down at his lap. "You can't work in this condition. We'll get by. We still have some of the money you earned in England and I'm still working pretty much full time. You don't need to work, not until your better." Blaine looked up into his husbands face, concern riddled all over his face. "If this is some stupid thing about being a man and providing for me and Chris then that's just... silly." Blaine struggled to find the words to describe his feelings, he really hoped that Kurt wasn't saying these things just because he didn't feel like a man. Kurt was more of a man than Blaine would ever be, even if he wasn't working. He was strong and Blaine was weak, as simple as that.

"We don't need your money, we need you to be healthy and happy so we can be too..." Blaine said with a little sigh and lifted his hand to brush his curly hair from his own face. "Dad's right, Papa." the little voice came from the kitchen door way and Blaine's head quickly span around to look at the emotional looking boy standing there. "I don't want new toys or clothes. I want you to be happy again." He said very quietly, his blue eyes locked on Kurt's thin and pale face.
          ""

[OoC: Oh My God. I just watched the last episode before I started writing this and I cannot believe how much I cried throughout it all! I felt like the plot wasn't very well explained especially about Kurt, Mercedes and Santana. Mercedes and Santana's just felt like it was made up in 2 seconds to create some sort of ending for their characters and Kurt's just made me feel quite... disappointed. No explanation of what his plans were now that he's not in NYADA.
          Sorry xD Glee Rant over!
          Your picture's are perfect as always! And I hope my post was okay, I'm still a little teary from the finale! ]]

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Kurt Anderson-Hummel

As Kurt sat with Blaine he felt the strength leave his body. His husband was sitting right in front of him, his arm wrapped protectively around Kurt's shoulders, and yet Kurt couldn't feel farther apart. Blaine started saying words, something about him being a man and not needing the money and needing his health. Kurt then heard Chris's voice, the small boy who he had come to adore, his own son repeat what Blaine had said but it was like his hearing was impaired. It was as if he wasn't touching anything and was just floating in this weird sort of world where nothing made sense and nothing mattered anymore, he didn't even realize that when he looked up at Blaine the flame in his eyes had gone, that little burst of fighting spirit that signaled he was alive.

Feeling his eyes close and his body drop and hit something soft, he thought about that day, how Blaine had spoken to him about the theatre, he thought about his TV show and education in England, he thought about when he and Chris and Blaine had lived over there with Blaine's drug problem, he thought about the mental hospital, seeing Christopher for the first time, their wedding, re-meeting Blaine again and oh so many thoughts, all surrounded by white light and all without sound that Kurt could literally hear, but sounds he could remember.

Before he knew it he was standing on a very familiar staircase but all the people seemed to have gone though he could still feel their presence. He looked ahead of him at a black haired sixteen year old, “Oh excuse me! Um, hi, can I ask you a question? I'm new here.” he asked as the Blaine memory turned to him and smiled, offering him his hand. My name's Blaine . The conversation between them played before Kurt's eyes as if he were watching a play where it was only himself and this teenage dream.

“Come on, I know a shortcut.” The sixteen year old smiled strongly, happily as if this was their fate to be together. Kurt found himself pulled down the stairs and into a hallway and at the end of the hallway was just a white light leading to nothingness. Was this death, suddenly the younger teenager turned to him. “I'm sorry, I'll have to leave you here.” In surprise Kurt felt himself pulled into a tight hug and he walked forwards before hearing words, thousands of spoken words but all in one voice. It was all the times that Blaine had said “I love you,” . Kurt span around to see that the sixteen year old was still smiling at him as if understanding that letting go was what was needed.

Then he heard it, a sound coming from the distance, it was the sound of someone singing Katy Perry's “Teenage Dream”. Kurt followed that beautiful music until his body stopped and his eyes opened to see bright lights and a white ceiling that he couldn't understand if it was the hospital or if it were death itself, however he knew one thing: because of Blaine his heart had never stopped working.

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Finn Hudson

As Kurt's death was finally announced the doctor looked at Blaine and Christopher before giving them a very sad look and attempted a weak, comforting smile. 'In the end there was nothing that you could have done,” he told Blaine trying to tell him that the illness couldn't have been beaten once it reached a certain point. This doctor had been the one treating Kurt during his illness, the one that they had seen once Kurt admitted to not taking his medicine. “I'll give you some time alone before we move the bo...your late husband Mr. Anderson,” the doctor told Blaine.

Christopher was wide eyed and stared at the corpse terrified, why wasn't his papa moving? Where had that loud long beep come from? “Dad,” Christopher jumped up from the chair and went to hold his father's hand, looking up at him. “Is he gone?”

Outside two of the nurses could be heard chattering among themselves from the doorway. “I personally feel bad for them. If only his husband had brought him in earlier this morning or a few days ago we could have, most likely, been able to save his life.” The second nurse tried to hush her telling her that Mr Anderson might hear them. “What kind of partner is that?” the second nurse asked, “Very neglectful.” .

There was another voice in the hall at that point, something familiar, “Hey, that's my brother in law you're talking about and he cared so much about his husband,” Finn began but anyone could tell that he was in shock, horror, and depression over Kurt's death as Rachel's tears could be heard from outside the room. “He was the perfect husband and he still is the perfect father. So be quiet and be respectful. My brother just died.”

Entering the hospital room anyone could see the depression on the couple's faces, Finn walked over to Blaine and put a hand on his shoulder which soon turned into a hug, “I'm so sorry...” he whispered as Rachel moved to comfort Christopher whilst staring horrified at Kurt's lifeless body.

Date December 18th

Rachel was in the room where Blaine and Chris were just trying to comfort them for the hundredth time, she didn't know what to do with them. Although she and Finn were the next people in line to take care of Christopher it honestly scared her more that Blaine might do something to end his own life due to how much he had loved his husband. Finn meanwhile was on the phone to the funeral parlor trying to help to the best of his abilities.

“Have the two of you eaten?” she asked them and Christopher nodded, he had eaten but only little bites, he wasn't so sure about his daddy. “Blaine, let me make you something alright?” she said getting up and going over to the fridge in their apartment where she had put groceries the other day. Christopher watched her sadly as he reached out and grabbed his dad's hand, giving it a little squeeze like his papa would have done.

As Finn returned to the room he looked at Blaine mournfully, “It says in his last will and testament that he wanted you to have his ashes, that is if you want them. He wrote that if you don't want to keep them you can do whatever you like with them.” Finn gulped, trying to swallow at least a portion of his pain knowing that the guy in front of him might be in much more. Finn thought about what the two nurses had said outside the room about 'Mr Anderson'. “It's not your fault you know,” he tried to tell the curly haired man. 'Will you change your last name back to Anderson?” he asked his brother in law.

Dapper Citizen

Blaine Anderson-Hummel

How was it that one moment everything could be fine, happy even and then the next your whole world could come crashing down around you? Kurt had been right there, he had been sitting right there determined as ever to get his own way, to get a job and earn some cash for their little family of three and the next moment and the next moment, his eyes were fluttering closed, his body going limp and his life fading away.

“Papa!” Christopher’s little voice screamed over and over again, his hand tugging against Kurt’s shirt to try and rouse him. “Kurt!” Blaine yelled, tears forming in his eyes as he desperately pulled Kurt off the couch and onto the hard floor. “Christopher, get daddy the phone!” Blaine yelled to their little boy as he desperately attempted to perform CPR on his husband. Blaine tilted his head back, breathed into Kurt’s lungs before pressing down hard again and again on Kurt’s chest until Christopher presented him with the telephone.

“Press 911 Chris and hold the phone to Daddy’s ear.” Blaine said, barely looking up from Kurt’s face as the tears started to fall. “Come on Kurt. Please, please hold on.” Blaine whispered as Christopher pressed the phone to Blaine’s ear. “I need an ambulance. Now! My husband… he’s dying. Hurry!” Blaine was sobbing by this point and the operator on the other side of the phone was reassuring him that an ambulance was on its way and encouraging Blaine to continue with the CPR.

Less than two minutes later, an ambulance was there and loading Kurt inside. Blaine could hear one of the paramedics starting up a defibrillator as the doors closed and the vehicle began its journey to the nearest hospital. Blaine wanted to go with Kurt in the ambulance but Christopher was there, tugging at his shirt sleeve, sniffling and asking him where his papa had gone. Blaine reached down and pulled the little boy into his arms, trying to hold back his tears as they stood in the street, looking in the direction the ambulance had just disappeared in. “It’s okay. Everything’s going to be okay.” Blaine sobbed to his little boy, hugging him close to his chest and breathing in the scent that was so similar to Kurt’s.

It took Blaine a good five minutes to calm down enough to call Finn and Rachel. They said they would meet him at the hospital. It took Blaine another five minutes to stop his hands from shaking so badly so that he could strap Christopher into the car and hold the steering wheel straight. It took him another five minutes to make the drive to the hospital. Blaine didn’t care where he parked at the hospital, he just stopped his car, grabbed his child and ran into the main entrance.

A nurse directed him to the room where Kurt was being looked after already. Apparently, he was critical and that meant Blaine and Chris could not be in the room, they had to wait outside. The two of them sat on one chair, huddled together. Blaine kissed Christopher’s soft head of hair again and again, whispering comforting nothings into his little boys ear.

“Papa might be going away for a while but that’s okay yeah? Because no matter what happens, he’s always in our hearts, okay? We’ll never say goodbye to him. Just a quick see ya.” Blaine whispered as the tears fell down his face and into his son’s hair, he tried to keep the sound of crying out of his voice but it was nearly impossible.

Things seemed to calm down a little in the room, nurses left with a grim look on their faces and Blaine was finally told he could go into the room. Kurt was laid out on the bed, machines hooked up to his skin and a slow beeping was coming from the room. Was Kurt going to be okay after all? Blaine had seen the doctors and nurses faces as they had left the room and that said otherwise. “Mr Hummel-Anderson, we’ve done everything we can. It’s up to your husband now.” The Doctor informed him and Blaine gave a quick, sharp nod and the doctor left the two of them with their papa and husband.

Blaine placed Christopher on the bed next to Kurt and sat himself down in the chair next to the bed, reaching out to grab hold of his husbands hand very softly. "Kurt, my sweet, darling Kurt. My teenage dream. Don’t you dare leave me. Don’t you dare. You promised we wouldn’t say goodbye, you promised we would grow old together…’ Blaine whispered and then he prayed. He knew Kurt disliked religion but Blaine would praise any God if it meant that they brought the love of his life back to him.

An hour passed and Blaine could hear Kurt’s breathing getting slower, shallower. Christopher was sleeping next to Kurt on the bed, his tiny body curled up against his Papa’s as though nothing was wrong. “I love you. I love you. You are the love of my life.” the tears started again, flowing down Blaine’s face freely. “Don’t forget I love you. I will always love you. You are the love of my life, my soul mate.” Blaine was sobbing as he pressed his lips to Kurt’s fingers one by one before standing from the chair and leaning over to press his lips to Kurts for what would probably be the last time. Blaine knew death was upon them. It would be a matter of moments now.

Blaine woke Christopher from his slumber, holding the little boy tightly to his chest. “Christopher, papa is going to go away now.” Christopher gave a confused look, because obviously his Papa wasn’t moving. “His body will stay here but the angels are going to take away his mind and and his s-soul.” Blaine was trying to stay strong but his voice was cracking. “So we have to say goodbye now okay?” Christopher was shaking his head, saying he didn’t want to say goodbye to his papa. He had only just got his Papa back! He didn’t want to lose him. “I know, but we’ve had Papa for a long time now and now the angels want him back. They’re going to take him somewhere nice where he can be silly on TV all day long and where he can have any clothes he wants and where everyone loves him and where he can be with his mommy and all the other good people.” Blaine tried to think of all the things that Christopher would like Kurt to have. “And one d-day we’ll be there with him too.” Blaine said softly. Christopher, as always, considered the information that Blaine gave him. Blaine could see that he wanted to question it in some way but he held back and looked at his Papa instead.

“I love you Papa. Have fun with the angels and your mommy and make sure you write me a letter!” Blaine was pretty sure his heart was being torn from his chest. Christopher didn’t understand that Kurt would never be able to write him a letter, but Blaine didn’t want to make this harder on him than it already was.

“We love you. Always.” Blaine whispered and a moment later, the machine next to Kurt let out a long, echoing beep. A gasp outside of the room, someone yelling, someone pushed Blaine and Christopher to the back of the room as the beep echoed on and the forced their hands onto Kurt’s chest, trying to revive him. Blaine was sobbing, Christopher was screaming at them to leave his papa alone. “Shh, shh, it’s okay. It’s okay. The angels are here for Papa.” Blaine sobbed and sobbed, trying to keep Christopher calm but failing miserably.

Slowly, the doctors left the room, looking miserable. Finally, one turned to Blaine and pronounced Kurt dead. Gone. Forever. There was no coming back. The doctor said he would give them a moment alone with Kurt but why did they need a moment with a dead body? Kurt wasn’t there anymore. Christopher came and held Blaine’s hand and asked if his Papa was gone.

“Yes Christopher. He’s gone.” Blaine couldn’t force his body to move to pick the little boy up again. He couldn’t do anything. He just stood staring at the corpse on the bed and fighting with himself internally.

Outside the room, two milling nurses spoke and Blaine heard every word. This was his fault. It was his fault Burt didn’t have a son anymore, his fault Finn didn’t have a brother, that he didn’t have a husband and most importantly, it was his fault that Christopher, sweet darling Christopher didn’t have a Papa.

Blaine heard a familiar voice out in the corridor now, Finn and Rachel probably, but he didn’t care. Everything was white noise inside of his head. Finn’s kind words were lost on him, the only thing he could hear was the nurses calling him neglectful, a horrible husband and saying it was his fault.

December 18th

Blaine hadn’t eaten since that day. Every time he even smelled food, his stomach churned and he felt like dry retching over the toilet bowl. Rachel and Finn had barely left his side, trying to get him to eat, sleep, do things normally. But how could things be normal when Kurt was gone? Blaine barely even knew where he was anymore. It was the soft, gentle squeeze against his hand that made him look up. Kurt always squeezed his hand like that when he was upset – it was a subtle, tiny little action but apparently, it was one that Christopher had picked up on as it was he who was squeezing Blaine’s hand.

He smiled, but it didn’t quite reach his hazel eyes. Blaine realised Finn was talking to him and it took him a moment to look up from his son to the man who was arranging all of Kurt’s funeral as Blaine wasn’t able to in his current state. “I want them.” Blaine told him. He wasn’t quite sure what he was going to do with them yet, but he knew he wanted them. Finn said something about it not being his fault and asked him if he would change his name back to Anderson. “Why would I do that? I’m a widower, I’m not divorced.” Blaine snapped angrily. He stood from the couch and stomped over to his and Kurt’s bedroom, slamming the door shut before collapsing on his and Kurt’s bed and crying his eyes out once again.

An hour passed and Blaine heard the bedroom door open and some tiny footsteps coming towards him. Christopher climbed up onto the bed and came to cuddle up to Blaine. “Uncle Finn’s just trying to help.” Christopher said very seriously and Blaine’s heart ripped open again. “ I know.” Blaine whispered. “Then why are you mad?” Chris asked innocently, “Because I miss Papa so much. I’m angry at the angels for taking him away.” Christopher nodded slowly, as though he understood. “But Papa likes it with the angels. He told me he does last night.” Christopher smiled and blaine looked down at his face confused. “How did Papa tell you that?” Blane asked, “He’s in my dreams sometimes. He looks very happy and he’s not ill anymore…” Christopher went on to tell Blaine all about his dreams about his papa, what his papa looked like now, what he was wearing, how he laughed and smiled so much now and, from that moment on, Blaine found the strength to continue in a little boy named Christopher who was 100% his fathers child.

One year Later.

This year would be their second without Kurt, but the first that they would enjoy. Christopher had grown so much in a year and each and every day, Blaine could see more and more of Kurt in him. The shade of his hair, the colour of his eyes, the shape of his jaw and mouth… Like Kurt in so many ways. Things had been hard for a long time but finally, they were looking up. Blaine’s adoption papers for Christopher came through just a few days ago , naming him as the sole guardian of Christopher and meaning that Courtney, his mother, could never try to take him away from Blaine.

The little family of two were still living in their old apartment but as soon as the New Year came, that would all change. They were moving back to England in honour of Kurt. Blaine had managed to find a job in a theatre, it wasn’t well paid but it would be enough to get them through and of course, Blaine would enjoy it a lot more than his old TV director job.

Each Sunday since Kurt’s death, Blaine and Christopher would sit and watch all his old TV shows one after another, then they would get his favourite food and eat as much of it as they could, then they would do an evening activity like shopping or visiting the theatre. All things Kurt loved. At night, they would sit in bed and tell each other silly stories of Kurt. Sometimes, they were new ones the other had never heard before but sometimes, they were the same ones that they laughed at each and every week.

After Kurt’s funeral, Blaine had been given Kurt’s ashes to do as he wished with. For nearly six months they had been inside of an urn, sitting on a coffee table in the apartment but finally, Blaine had decided what he wanted to do with them. It was something very sentimental and Kurt like. Blaine had bought six golden lockets and inside of each one, there was some of Kurt’s ashes. There was one for him, Christopher, Finn, Rachel, Burt and Carole. Just those closest to Kurt. Blaine planned to give them to his family members at Christmas time. The rest of Kurt’s ashes were going to be spread across the world. Some in Lima, Ohio where they called home. Some in New York, some in London, some in the lilac field they had gone camping in and a few other places that Kurt had wanted to visit in his life, but never had the chance to – like the Eiffel tower. It would take a while, but Blaine was determined that was what should happen.

A knock came at the door and an excited Christopher ran to open it while Blaine stood in the kitchen, smiling. Finn and Rachel were stood at the door and Christopher greeted them happily.

“All packed up and ready to go?” Rachel asked the little boy and Christopher looked to his dad. “Sure are!” Blaine said, running up to Chris and lifting him high into the air, making him squeal happily. “The removal men came and took all of our stuff and it should be in the apartment before we get there in January.” Blaine smiled and turned his attention to Finn and Rachel. “Ready to go back to Lima?” Finn asked and Blaine smiled almost sadly before nodding. “Sure am.” He whispered this time and Finn placed a hand on his shoulder softly before nodding. This would the last time they would be in this apartment, they were going to Lima for Christmas and new years and then flying to England on January First.

“I’ll be out in a minute,” Blaine said and Finn and Rachel nodded, leading Chris out to their car and seating him beside their own daughter. Blaine smiled softly and turned back to look at the apartment, all their furniture had been sold or packed up and shipped to their new place in England, all their photo’s and keep sakes along with them, the only thing that remained was two suitcases full of clothing, Kurt’s DVD’s and one or two photos. Just the essentials. Blaine’s hazel eyes scanned across the room slowly, remembering. The first day they had moved in. Memories of the two of them. Memories with Chris. Kurt getting sick, getting better, getting worse… This was where the bad things had started and this was where they were going to end. From today onwards, there would be no more bad things. There would just be family, friends and a good life.

Blaine grabbed Kurt’s urn from on top of the suitcases and smiled softly as he began to speak. “Hello darling,” Blaine swallowed. “We’re leaving now and we’re not coming back. No doubt Chris has told you we’re going back to England. For you and for us. You were happy there and I’m determined that we’ll be happy there too.” Blaine paused and lifted his hand to run it through his un-gelled hair, imagining Kurt’s voice referring to him as his ‘bushy haired boyfriend’. “A lot of things happened here, between you and me. I hope you don’t mind, but I’m going to leave some of you here. From here, I’m going to take you to Lima and then to England and then to Paris. Maybe we’ll go to California someday too and I’ll put some of you there, or even Florida and you can be in Disney land! You always loved Disney…” Blaine sighed and shook his head. He pulled the two suitcases outside and Finn started loading them into the car while Rachel stayed with the two children.

Blaine looked up to the sky, the blue clear sky. “ I love you, my teenage dream.” Blaine reached into the urn, grabbed some of his husbands ashes and held his hand up in the air, carefully opening his hand and watching as Kurt flew away in the wind.

From now on, life was going to be good. Blaine could feel Kurt still there watching over him and Christopher , determined as ever to get his own way and to be the strong one. Blaine smiled up at the sky. Yes, things were definitely going to be good from this moment onwards – he just knew it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff