Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Kurt Anderson-Hummel
Date: March 20thh
          Kurt took a shaky breath in as he reached across to feel Blaine's face with his other hand, moving it awkwardly around but he wanted to feel his husband, he wanted to know what he felt like. He opened his closed eyes, the light hurting even though he couldn't actually see, turning the ghostly blue eyes up to the direction where Blaine's voice was coming from he very slowly said his name, “Blaine?” he asked double checking, he pushed a hand through Blaine's untidy hair as his husband dropped into the seat next to the bed once Finn got up. “You're sweating,” he whispered before bowing his head, a tear slipping from his eyes which would probably never see again.

'I'm so sorry, I was so stupid,” he choked knowing that this was the punishment he had been given for trying to teach Blaine a lesson. His voice was soft and his throat was slightly dry. He turned his head towards Blaine's directions again, his eyes, which freaked Finn out, cast in the direction of his husband. “Did Finn tell you?” he asked nervously gesturing in a direction that Finn was not in “About my si-sight?”

Kurt bit his bottom lip, “I'm going to miss so much...” he sobbed, the pain resonating through his voice, “Seeing you and Christopher change as you get older, your Broadway productions, Christopher's graduations and wedding, fashion, there's so much...” he shivered unable to take the pain and fear he was going through. “I don't know what I'm going to do,” he admitted, “Mercedes is going to help me train my voice a bit and perhaps become a singer but even that will be hard. Walking will be hard, eating will be hard, a normal day to day life will feel impossible the doctors told me. I'm so sorry Blaine.”

Awkwardly he felt body movement and then himself being brought towards something warm, something that he knew to be comforting. He rested his head on his husband's shoulder whilst still shaking. “Will you help me?” Kurt asked in a nervous manner as he brought his other hand away from Blaine's and felt his husband's face again, his hands clumsily touching Blaine's nose, his eyes, his mouth “I just want to remember how you feel,” he explained.

[OOC: Yeah, I know how that feels, this is the only RP I'm doing but I'm hoping to get started on an original story which will hopefully become a novel. I just have to get some ideas first. I'm also hoping to do some nonfiction writing soon perhaps for a job or something...]

Dapper Citizen

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Blaine Anderson-Hummel
Date: March 20th

When Kurt's ghostly eyes opened, Blaine couldn't help but flinch away. He hadn't been expecting there to be a physical change in Kurt's eyes... It was like his eyes had a white film over the top of them, dulling their usual bright blue color and turning them milky. When Kurt said his name, Blaine nodded his head slowly and smiled sadly as his husband ran his fingers through his hair. Blaine took the seat that Finn vacated and Kurt told him that he was sweating. Blaine couldn't help but snigger a little at that, "I know. I ran here." Blaine told him watching as a tear escaped from Kurt's eye and slid down his face. Blaine reached out and caught the tear with his finger, brushing it off his husbands skin softly.

"He told me," Blaine confirmed softly when Kurt asked if Finn had told him. Blaine's heart broke as he watched his love's hand wave in the completely opposite direction of Finn. As if that wasn't bad enough, Kurt began talking about all of the things that he was going to miss seeing and Blaine physically felt like he was in pain, this was all his fault. If he had just held out those few extra minutes, Kurt would never have come to the club and he would never have taken the deadly drug that had stolen him of his sight.

Kurt apologized and Blaine quickly stood from the chair and wrapped his arms around Kurt's shoulders, pulling him close to his chest. Kurt rested his head against Blaine's chest and asked Blaine if he would help him, Blaine nodded his head dumbly and Kurt lifted his hand up to rest against Blaine's face, his fingers clumsily moved over Blaine's face and when he got close to poking Blaine in the eye, the twenty four year old closed his eyes tightly to try and make sure it didn't happen again.

"Of course," Blaine croaked softly, moving his hand up to stroke Kurt's over grown hair. "Of course I'll help you," Blaine muttered as he squeezed Kurt's shoulders closer to him. "We;'ll get you home as soon as we can, we'll have every test done to see if there's any chance for your sight..." Blaine drifted off, thinking about their son waiting for them back in New York. "Don't give up hope, my Phoenix. " Blaine said softly as he leaned down and pressed his lips to Kurt's forehead. "It's early days yet. Things will get easier." Blaine promised as he opened his hazel eyes and turned them to glance at his brother in law, as though questioning if he had said the right thing.

Unlike Kurt, Blaine wasn't very good with his own words. He never quite knew what to say to comfort people and normally, that lead him to saying the wrong and completely inappropriate thing. Blaine was trying to hold back as he had no idea about the severity of Kurt's condition, the only thing that he knew was that Kurt was Blind now, no one had told him if it was permanent or not and, if Blaine could keep that spark of hope alive in Kurt that there was a chance that one day, he would get his sight back then Blaine was going to do all he possibly could to keep the hope.

"I love you," Blaine said softly and he guided Kurt's fingers to his lips, before gently kissing his fingertips. "And so does Christopher." Between each word, Blaine pressed his lips to Kurt's fingers in a sweet little kiss. "You're going to be fine sweetie." Blaine tried to soothe. Finn pointed to the door, indicating that he wanted to chat to him. "I'll be right back," Blaine said softly, "Finn wants to talk to me," Blaine told Kurt, carefully separating himself from his husband. "I'll have him back before you know it, Kurt." Finn said with a little laugh and the two of them left the hospital room and stood in the corridor staring at each other.

"Whats the verdict?" Blaine asked his brother in law. Blaine's heart stopped in his chest as he waited to find out if Kurt had any chance at all of recovering his sight.
          ""
          [OoC: I'll leave it up to you to decide if he'll recover or not! If you decide not and then we want to change it later on, we can always say that new medicine's mean he can have his sight back. Like maybe an eye transplant or something, if they exist o.0
          I suck at original stories :/ I can't even roleplay them anymore! Whenever i used to write them, they'd all come out unbelievably depressing! Haha! Yeah, you should do some non-fiction too, maybe you should start a Blog or something and write about serious / current issues on it. I know quite a few people who are doing English at Uni do that over here and put it on their CV. ]]

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Kurt Anderson-Hummel
Date: March 20th
          Finn took a deep breath before looking Blaine in the eyes seeing the younger man's pain over his husband “The doctors say that he's definitely damaged his sight,” he said seeing Blaine nod, “They think the blindness could be temporary and with perhaps a surgery, the right medication, the right treament plan he could regain his sight in a couple of months, not his full sight but enough to see with prescription glasses.” He saw Blaine smile and so looked more serious, “Still the doctors aren't entirely sure, the drugs were the cause of this not rock salt or something like that,” he said not meaning to make fun of Blaine's earlier experience, “It's possible that he will never see again. I told him this but he's determined to look...think about things at their worst. He's become a lot better at that since the first incident all those years ago”

After talking to Blaine and telling him that Kurt would be able to be discharged in only a few days and that with Blaine's, Mercedes' and Finn's assistance they could get him back home, he took a deep breath. “The surgery will probably cost a lot but it's worth it if there's a chance of him seeing and a chance of him acting isn't there?” he asked before sighing, “I'll give you some time alone with him.”

When Kurt heard a noise coming from the doorway he spoke again, his voice more like himself, “Blaine, what did Finn say?” he asked nervously as he felt his husband return to his side, “The doctors think there may be chance of partial recovery but with my luck...” he chuckled bitterly. He reached out for Blaine who took his hand and held it gently, “Will you look after me in New York?” he asked, “Finn told me you had a part in a Broadway production, I'm proud of you for that but if you have some extra time I think...I think I might need you.”

Once Blaine had sat down with Kurt and started to tell him about all the things that had happened in the past two months, especially sharing stories about Christopher Kurt had calmed down, his thumb lightly massaging the back of Blaine's hand. “I don't blame you for this, not for any of it.” he said. “I didn't know that it was meth,” he admitted with a weak laugh, “Yet I took it anyway, how stupid am I? I only did it because I wanted you to see a loved one in the same condition I'd been seeing you in, to show you my pain. I'm really sorry.”

Date: March 24th

The day before, the day Kurt had been discharged from the hospital, Kurt had been helped by Blaine who had guided his husband through all the steps that needed to be done. Blaine had managed to tame Kurt's hair, shave him, help him to take a bath and get changed into something stylish which suited him. There were a few trips and stumbles but apart from one time, when Kurt hadn't been seriously hurt, Blaine had managed to catch him and steady him again. It seemed that every small task that Kurt had left to do before going to the US again Blaine was helping him with, making sure to keep a balance between giving Kurt some independence and helping him to do normal things such as folding clothes to pack into a suitcase.

They had cought the plane and flown back to New York and Blaine had helped his husband there as well. This morning Blaine had helped Kurt get dressed into something stylish yet comfortable and not too tricky to manage. When they had boared the twelve hour flight Blaine had held his husband's hand through the take off and helped him select something to listen to when it seemed he was done with talking, he had also helped him with the food they had served, making sure to do his best for his husband and Kurt was extremely grateful for it, he knew he wouldn't have been able to do most of it without Blaine's constant help and supervision and he was just panicked about when Blaine would be gone on his job.

At this moment Blaine was holding Kurt's hand with one hand and dragging the suitcase in another whilst Mercedes and Finn packed up and shipped the last of Kurt's remaining items to the apartment, which was fortunately on the ground floor, in New York. “Thank you for everything you've done for me my Warbler,” he said trying to kiss Blaine but it landed on the side of his lips instead of the middle. He apologized and was about to try again before hearing Christopher's voice above the crowd.

“Daddy! Papa! Papa you're home, welcome home,” he said before hugging Kurt's legs nearly pulling him over and it was obvious that the small boy missed his papa a lot, glad that he was back and not asleep anymore. He waited as Kurt let go of Blaine's hand and started to feel Christopher's face, “Dad, what's he doing?” he asked Blaine confused.

[OOC: Oh thanks for the temporary blindness idea, hadn't really thought about that possibility but it works best if Kurt gradually and partially recovers his sight and there are studies about meth overdosers being able to do that. Sorry if I took too much control of Blaine here! Also I'm trying to start a blog about literary analysis (reading all of Charles Dickens' work) however I think I might blog about some comparisons between Japanese life and American life as well since I love Japan, been there three times and longest for four months]

Dapper Citizen

Blaine Anderson-Hummel

Blaine was unbelievably thankful for the little spark of hope that Finn had given him a few days ago, it gave him the courage to smile and be strong from his husband. That little chance that Kurt could get some of his sight back meant that Blaine was able to do all the hard tasks that were left up to him, like taking Kurt home from the hospital and getting him to look his best. The hardest thing Blaine had to do was shave Kurt's face for him, Blaine had hardly ever seen Kurt with stubble before but now, after months of letting it grow, Kurt's face was covered in the soft, light colored fuzz and it was up to Blaine to run a razor over Kurt's normally soft skin and remove all the stubble from his face. It made Blaine wonder what would have happened if Kurt hadn't woken up, would the hospital staff have never shaved his face? Would they had just let him grow a beard? Blaine's morbid thoughts followed him through the rest of the process of getting Kurt ready for their trip home.

The Plane ride was a little more relaxing, Kurt and Blaine spoke for a long time about what they were going to do when they got back to New York and how they were going to cope. Kurt would probably be staying at home with Christopher while Blaine tried to get more acting jobs to fill more of his time up and make more money for them. When they had ran out of things to talk about, Blaine helped Kurt put some music on for him to listen to and changed it to different specific songs when Kurt asked him to. Blaine helped his husband when they got their meals and then Kurt went back to listening to music, while Blaine wrapped his arm around his husbands shoulders and held him as closely as their seats would allow for the rest of the flight home.

At the airport, Blaine had lead Kurt down to the luggage collection and told him to sit down and not to move until Blaine got back with Kurt's suitcase. After finding it, Blaine returned and took his husbands hand in his own before leading him out of the arrivals gate. Blaine made sure to move slowly, taking small steps and whenever they were going to change direction he told Kurt out loud before hand so that Kurt could move himself without Blaine having to drag him around. Blaine just hoped he was doing the right thing by encouraging Kurt to have independence from him. Kurt thanked Blaine and tried to place a kiss on his lips, but he missed and it was slightly to one side instead of where it should have been. It made Blaine smile though and when Kurt apologised he shook his head slightly.

"You are so cute..." Blaine began saying, but half of it was cut off as another voice yelled out. Out of no-where, Christopher came racing towards them, throwing himself into Kurt's legs and hugging him tightly. Kurt almost fell over because of the impact, but Blaine was able to hold him steady. Kurt let go of Blaine's hand and reached down to touch Christopher's face, the little boy let out one of his silly giggles and he turned his attention back to his dad as he asked what his papa was doing. Blaine let go of the suitcase and pressed the handle of it into Kurt's fingers. "Hold this." He said and pressed his lips to Kurt's cheek softly.

Blaine crouched down infront of Christopher and smiled at him, "Well, Christopher. Papa's eyes aren't working right now so, Papa's touching your face because it helps him to see you and know that it's you." Blaine explained and Christopher looked confused as he glanced at his Papa who was standing very still beside the suitcase. "But why don't Papa's eyes work?" the little boy asked as he placed his hand on his Dad's shoulder. "Because Papa was asleep for a long time, his eyes are still asleep now and we don't know if they'll wake up yet." Blaine tried to make it easier for the little boy to understand. "Kinda like sleeping Beauty?" Chris asked as he thought about it and Blaine laughed a little. "Exactly." Blaine confirmed, "Maybe if you kissed Papa's eyes they'd wake up." Christopher suggested, happily bouncing up and down.

"There you are!" Rachel's high pitched panicked voice yelled, "I told you to wait for me and Liza!" she scolded Christopher and Blaine playfully rolled his eyes at his son. "Goddd, Rach! Chris is a big boy now, he doesn't need you and Liza slowing him down, " Blaine teased her as he stood up and nudged into his brother in law's wife, but she was too busy handing her daughter over to Blaine and heading straight for Kurt. "Oh God, Kurt, are you okay? How was the trip?" She asked as she pulled Kurt into a tight hug. Blaine stood back and held his niece in one of his arms while he reached down with the other to hold his son's hand tightly.

When Rachel was satisfied that Kurt was safe and happy, she left Kurt, Blaine and Christopher in the airport car park. Blaine strapped Christopher into his car seat and then led Kurt around to the right side of the car and helped him to climb inside and fasten his seat belt up. Christopher happily chatted to his Papa through the car drive, telling him that he had something to show him and Blaine smiled, remembering how much his son had been practicing playing his Guitar so that he could show his Papa when they got home. Blaine also remembered the still wrapped shoe box in the back of the closet with the Louis Vuttion boots in them. He supposed that Kurt would still apprietate the gift, even if he couldn't see it and so decided that he would still give his husband the present.

The Anderson-Hummel family arrived home not too much later, Blaine had asked Christopher to take his Papa down to their apartment and wait outside while Daddy got their bags. Chris had been very helpful and had taken Kurt's hand and led him down the long corridor, stopping outside the third door down and waiting for his Daddy to catch up with them. Once inside, Blaine left the suitcase by the door and very carefully led Kurt around to the couch. "I know this has to be weird for you, but I'll show you around in a few minutes. Me and Chris have surprises for you!" Blaine said with a laugh, Christopher ran off into his bedroom to get his suprise ready. Blaine moved away from the couch and to the closet, pulling out the little wrapped shoe box and then taking it back over to Kurt. "Okay, here you go." Blaine sat down on the couch beside Kurt as he passed him the box.

"The wrapping paper is purple, with "Welcome home" writing all over it in fancy script." Blaine explained, hoping that Kurt wouldn't mind him filling in on the things that he couldn't see. Kurt pulled the wrapping off and very carefully opened the box and pulled out one of the brown boots. "They're Louis Vuttion. From their new Range. They're brown with like a little checkered pattern on the side of them." Blaine told him, biting down on his bottom lip as he realised how awful he was at describing things to his husband.

A moment later, Christopher appeared clutching his guitar in his hands and grinning happily. "Papa! Watch me, watch me!" He grinned happily, having already forgotten that his papa couldn't see him. Blaine swallowed the lump that formed in his throat and leaned over to Kurt, whispering to him. "Don't be upset. He doesn't really understand." Blaine gave Kurt's hand a soft little squeeze before adding, "Besides, this suprise is more to do with listening than with watching anyway." Blaine told him and stood from the couch. Blaine picked up his own acoustic guitar from the side of the room and he and Christopher sat side by side on the coffee table in front of Kurt, both of them clutching their guitars in their arms.

"Ready?" Christopher whispered to Blaine, as though Blaine was the student and he was the teacher. "Let's go." Blaine whispered. Chris took a deep breath and carefully let his fingers move over the strings of the guitar, playing the beginning chords of Hey There Delilah by The Plain White T's. After a moment, Blaine joined in on his guitar, enriching the song and making it sound that much more divine.

"Hey there Papa, what's it like in New York City? I'm a thosand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty," Christopher sang the words softly, his mix of London and New York accent gave him a unique voice and it was one that Blaine loved. When the song came to the chorus, Blaine joined in on the singing, layering his voice over Christopher's in perfect harmony. When the song came to an end, Blaine glanced up from his guitar for the first time to look at Kurt's face. There was silence in the room for a moment or two. "Did you like it Papa?" Christopher asked, a huge smile on his face. Blaine carefully lifted his own guitar out of his lap and placed it leaning against the armchair as he waited for Kurt's reaction to their song.
          [OoC: Haha! No Problem! I thought it would be a nice little compromise, so that things aren't too drastically bad for Kurt. Your Blog idea sounds very good, i'd read it if you linked me to it once it's all set up =D
          Just a side note, during writing this I left my cat alone in my bedroom for 10 minutes and when I came back she had her paws in my fish tank and was trying to catch my poor little goldfish! So I had to rescue my fish from her before I could carry on writing! SHe's such a naughty kitty! xD ]]

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Kurt Anderson-Hummel
          Entering the strange new apartment felt extremely weird for Kurt, he was used to their house and now he had to get used to somewhere else that he couldn't even see. He was confident in his husband though and in his son for their help. He was sure that the four and a half year old would be doing more to help him than Kurt would be to help Chris. Kurt smiled at the fact that Blaine seemed so excited, it had been months since his husband was excited and even though he couldn't see his expression he could hear his voice. When Blaine gave him the boots Kurt ran a hand up and down them with a weak smile, he lifted them up and laughed at himself, “I'm going to smell them, expensive new shoes have that smell you have to love,” he joked with his husband but it was another way that'd help him appreciate his gift.

The smell was something wonderful that Kurt had never really spent much attention on before, he was always more interested in how the shoes looked and which of his fantastic outfits they'd match. Even those shoes that Mr. Martinez had introduced the Glee male members to he had thought about the right shirt, right pants to wear with them. This time he could just appreciate the simple things like a smell because he had to.

When he heard Chris's voice telling him to watch he grew disappointed but Blaine managed to calm him down and get him to relax. He listened to the song and laughed gently, smiling as he heard the words and his son's transatlantic accent. He waited until the end of the song and then chuckled when Chris asked if he liked it. “Of course I loved it Chris,” he said not exactly turned in his direction yet, mainly staring at the wall as Christopher gave Blaine a weird look at how his dad wasn't looking at him. “My goodness you are so talented, you both are. Did Daddy teach you?” he asked as Chris put his guitar down and ran over to give his Papa another hug. Chris nodded and Kurt could only guess that it was a nod by the way the little head moved up and down on his chest. “I always knew that my teenage dream would be a good daddy,” he joked as Chris paused.

“I wanna be a singer when I grow up Papa, like in a glee club like you and daddy were. Uncle Finn told me a lot about your adventures,” he laughed, an innocent laugh that Kurt couldn't help but to adore. Kurt hugged him tighter, kissing him on the forehead gently. “Papa! You're messing up my hair,” he said as Kurt ran an awkward hand through it.

“So,” Kurt tried to keep his voice calm and upbeat when really he was scared, “When do I get a tour of the house?” Chris gave Blaine another strange look before turning back to Kurt, “Papa, it's an apartment,” he laughed as Kurt forced out a laugh too. “That's what I meant,” he told Chris with a grin, “I must be really forgetful today.” Chris nodded again but this time, with his son pulled away from him, Kurt didn't know it.

Kurt stood up before trying to feel his way around, he found his way to the wall and then started feeling it as Christopher just stared at the odd acting man. All of a sudden Kurt ran into a door, hitting his head before he stepped back. He reached his hand out towards Blaine but before his husband could take it Christopher had made sure to take hold of his Papa's hand.

“Papa I'll show you around! There's lots to see,” he said as Kurt tried to nod and act happy for his son however the words see, show, watch those stung like knives jabbing into fresh wounds. The little boy was careful and started to take Kurt to all the different rooms, ending with Daddy and Papa's bedroom. Although Kurt didn't want to tell Chris this he didn't exactly remember which room was which or which direction to go in to get anywhere. Blaine probably would have taken it slower, let him touch certain things to get oriented with where things were.

Kurt forced a pretend yawn out, “Chrissy, Papa's getting sleepy. You mind helping him lay down?” he asked. Unlike Blaine he wasn't afraid of asking other people for advice or for help, he was however embarassed to ask a four year old for help doing the simplest tasks. Chris nodded as he took his Papa around to his side of the bed and helped him sit down. Once Kurt was laying down Christopher left the room, “Do you want a nightlight?” he asked Kurt who replied with a weak no and a forced laugh. “Okay, I”ll send daddy in to read to you. Have a good sleep Papa!” he chirped before seeing Blaine standing at the doorway.

Christopher grinned at his daddy and pointed to Kurt, “Your turn,” he said happily not really understanding the gravity of the situation. When Kurt was left alone with Blaine the older man reached out for his husband's hand. “I don't know what to do, I want to finish my education but I've only done theatre studies. I could have transferred into NYADA easily and continued but...” he sighed wanting Blaine to hold him and tell him it was all going to be alright but he knew that it wasn't that easy.

“If I ever get my sight back, will you help me look for jobs on Broadway?” he asked Blaine softly. “More importantly are we ever going to have those dates once every two weeks that we've been having for the past two years?” he asked with a cute smile trying to face Blaine's direction and missing ever so slightly. There were so many other questions he wanted to ask but he would wait for another day to ask those.

[OOC: Lol. I have a cat too, no fish though but once my dad was cooking live crab and it escaped, even though she was bigger than it my cat was so terrified of the crab that whenever my dad got the pot out that he cooked it in for a couple of months she would run away. My cat's actually scared of ants which is a little funny, she's a real scaredy cat biggrin

Oh and feel free to time skip. I mean I'd like to do the scene where Kurt first starts to recover his sight after a couple of months but other than that feel free to time skip.]

Dapper Citizen

Blaine Anderson-Hummel

When Kurt stood up from the couch, Blaine stood up too and slowly walked behind him until he found the wall and pressed his fingers against it. Blaine's eyes moved down to the guitar that was next to him and he quickly moved it out of Kurt's way. When Blaine was turning back around to look e at Kurt, he heard a bang and let out a gasp. Kurt was holding his head and the kitchen door was open. "Kurt," Blaine gasped and held his arm out towards Kurt but Christopher was closer and he quickly took hold of his Papa's hand, telling him that he would show him around.

When Christopher began taking Kurt around the one-story apartment, Blaine followed behind them, walking silently and listening to everything that Christopher was saying. The little boy was clearly trying his hardest to show his Papa where everything was, but it was clear from the forced smile on Kurt's face that he wasn't quite understanding where they were. Blaine knew that Christopher was probably moving too quickly, too excited to show his Papa their new home. Blaine and Kurt's room was the last one they got to and Blaine stood in the doorway as Chris led Kurt inside.

Blaine heard Kurt fake a yawn and ask Christopher to help him lie down, Blaine couldn't help but smile as he watched Chris lead his Papa over to the side of bed and helped him sit down. When Kurt lay down, Christopher seemed satisfied, but as he walked away from Kurt he asked his Papa if he wanted a night light, Blaine almost felt like laughing out loud at how cute their little boy was, this point was further made when Christopher told Kurt he'd send Daddy in to read to him. When Chris looked up at him and told him it was his turn, Blaine forced his face to look very serious and he nodded his head.

With their son gone, Blaine headed over to the bed and sat down beside Kurt, taking the hand that his husband was holding out towards him. Blaine listened to Kurt's concerns and then lay down beside him so that they were face to face, Blaine placed one of his arms around Kurt's waist and rested his head on his other. "You can still go to NYADA, Kurt." Blaine told him with a little smile, "It might be hard but, you know where everything is and theres lots of people who'll help you. Matt is a tutor there now, he'll look after you," Blaine told his husband, thinking about his old best friend who had just recently been given a job at the university. "You don't want to give up on getting your education, not when you might get your sight back. We don't know if it'll come back yet or not." Blaine said as he pressed his lips to Kurts softly. When he pulled away, he kept his face close to Kurts so that their noses where touching. "I'll show you around again when Chris is in bed," Blaine whispered softly, "He'll get used to going a bit slower for you soon, he's just excited to have you home..." Blaine mumbled as he took hold of Kurt's hand and placed it against his own chest, "And so am I..." Blaine mumbled as he guided Kurt's hand down his chest, stomach and then underneath his jeans waistband.

An hour later Blaine left the bedroom to go and put Christopher to bed, he read the Sleeping Beauty book at Christopher's request. At the end of the book, Chris reminded his Daddy to kiss Papa's eyes so that maybe they'll wake up and Blaine promised that he would. Blaine had then gone back to the bedroom and helped Kurt up and led him to the front door. From there Blaine carefully and slowly led Kurt around the apartment, explaining where everything was in relation to the front door and letting Kurt feel each wall and the things around the wall on his own so that he could get used to where everything was. Blaine tried to keep the mood happy and playful so that Kurt didn't start feeling too depressed, for example when they got near the couch, Blaine pushed Kurt down into the pillows and climbed on top of him, one leg either side of Kurt's legs and then kissed him passionately, his hands on either side of Kurt's face. When they had gotten up, Blaine had carried on showing Kurt around again with laughter and joy in the air around them.

Date: July 10th

In the time that had passed since Kurt had returned to New York, things had continued on the up. Blaine got another few acting jobs on Broadway, right now he was acting as understudy to the male lead in one show while playing a secondary character in another show. The combination of the two shows meant that Blaine was out of the house most evenings from 5pm untill Midnight, meaning that he didn't get to spend much time with Kurt and Christopher in the evenings like he would have liked to. Kurt had enrolled to continue on his course at NYADA come September and with just a year left before he received his performing arts degree, Blaine hoped that the last year was a lot easier than the first one's had been.

Tonight was one of the first evenings he had off in weeks and so, Blaine was treating his little family to a meal in the Italian Restaurant that Kurt and Blaine used to go to have dates before they had gotten married. Blaine was dressed in a black suit and his hair was gelled back perfectly. Blaine had left Kurt in their bedroom to get dressed into the clothes that he had asked Blaine to get out for him. Blaine was currently in Christopher's bedroom with him, getting him dressed into his suit that was like a miniature version of Blaine's.

When Chris was satisfied with how he looked, Blaine left him sitting in the living room on the couch while he headed over to the bedroom. Blaine knocked on the door softly, "Kurt, you ready?" Blaine asked softly, wondering why Kurt hadn't come out of the bedroom yet to ask Blaine how he looked.

[OoC: Aww! She sounds so cute! I've only had my kitty for about 2 months, I adopted her from a shelter c: so I'm still learning new things about her!
          I skipped quite a few months here, hope you don't mind! Also, you can decide if Kurt's started getting his vision back at home or when they're out in the restaurant or whatever else.
          I'm off to work now, I'll reply when I get home, hope you liked my post c: ]]

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Kurt Anderson-Hummel
Date: July 10th

Despite how much Blaine loved New York and loved Broadway, Kurt was absolutely hating it especially as a blind man in the city. He had moved back for his family but he knew that if he had to stay here and attend the school that he absolutely resented that things would get worse. He had tried telling Blaine that he wanted to attend a different acting institute a little further away from New York than NYADA but Blaine never really listened to him. The sadness welled inside him building up day after day but with Blaine so happy and not abusing drugs how could he say anything, it wasn't that Blaine hadn't noticed but Kurt always blamed his obvious unhappiness on his loss of sight. Blaine was too much in his own world to notice how uncomfortable and painful New York was to Kurt.

Kurt took a deep breath in as he tried to sort things out, he had gotten to be a lot better at feeling his way around his clothes and the labels which told him which way they went. The first few weeks he had felt helpless but with his family's support things had become easier for him. He was currently fiddling with his own outfit trying to straighten things that he knew he could never properly get perfect on his own. He turned his head up and started to run his fingers over the collar of his jacket. Hearing Blain's voice he sighed and decided on which of the sunglasses he was going to wear so that he didn't hurt himself with the light sensitivity his eyes now held.

The now twenty six year old took a deep breath in as he selected a normal pair of sunglasses and felt his way back to the door. Before he put the glasses on though there was a flash of light and then color, extremely blurry color but color that he never thought he'd see again. As Kurt concentrated, his head starting to hurt the color made blurry shapes until he oculd see the shape of his husband approaching him. He laughed weakly, happy tears rolling down his cheeks and before Blaine had even managed to touch him Kurt grabbed his husband's hand, “I can see you,” he whispered his eyes a slightly darker blue from the milky blue they had been in months.

When Blaine asked him what he meant Kurt tried to explain, “I can see color and shape somewhat. My eyes are starting to work,” he laughed overjoyed about that before it started turning black again and he lost his vision, “And now it's over.” he sighed as Christopher stared at his two fathers with a confused look. Even he knew how hard it had been for Kurt to really live life properly with this blindness but he had grown used to it. Hearing how Kurt said he had seen things was news which shocked him but made him smile until the words 'now it's over'.

Kurt reached out for Blaine's hand, “Do I look okay? I wore the “comfortable” clothes you left out for me,” he said slipping his sunglasses on with the other hand, once he had put them on Chris reached out for his other hand and then patted it. “Try again later,” Chris told him with confidence as his Papa nodded, his hand tightening around Blaine's.

Date: August 15th

Kurt looked down as he reached for his glasses, over the past monht his eye sight had been slowly recovering to the point where now without his glasses he could see shape and distinct colors but it was blurry and sometimes ran together. With his new prescription glasses however he felt much more capable and could see clearly. The doctors had advised him not to get contacts for another year or two in case the constant inserting and removing them would damage his eyes so he was stuck with continually wearing glasses. Taking a deep breath to relax himself he waited with Christopher for the time when Blaine would announce that he was leaving for the day's rehearsals. Kurt still hated New York, he hated to admit it but he was scard to go outside their safe little apartment and wander the streets. Each and every day he felt he was dying inside and had actually managed to get himself into an academy in New York that dealt more with film than Broadway and where some of his credits would line up, some but not all. He now had two more years to go before he could start his life and starting a life at twenty eight wasn't very appealing, in England he had everything he needed and only one more year left of an education. Having just turned twenty seven and be looking for acting jobs was a little embarrassing but if it was in a country he loved.

The pain from Kurt's eyes rarely left except when he was spending time with Christopher inside their apartment. How could he have been so stupid to allow Blaine to be in the same kind of pain for years? Of course he'd turn to drugs to numb the pain, anyone would. More than anything Kurt disliked Americans, their closed minded, selfish attitudes and the way that they were more interested in them self than anything else. Perhaps it started with most Americans disrespect of the disabled or handicapped but he noticed it everywhere and he hated it. Kurt had recently been spending more and more time at the gym just throwing his delicte hands into a punching bag like Blaine had shown him how to before. He never lifted weights or did most of the other activities but beating something up with using violence was working for him much more than singing this time.

As Blaine got ready he heard him say something about NYADA and Kurt rolled his eyes, more than anything he hated NYADA. The school he had once dreamt about for so long was like a monster to him, some ugly, repulsive thing that he never wanted to take another step into. Stage acting in London was where his heart was but to do the best for his family he was willing to work in TV and film perhaps as a script writer even in order to not feel like he was going crazy from NYADA's “perfect pupils”. “I'm not going back to NYADA!” he said unable to keep the disgust out of his voice. He took a deep breath before going over to Blaine and straightened his collar and tie but up close and even through the thick lenses of the glasses, Blaine could see a mirroring of his own past pain in his husband's eyes.

Kurt sat down quickly with Christopher as Chris started saying how the two of them would be in the audience and Kurt nodded dully, picking up a round eraser and just rolling it around in his hand. “Sure, have fun” he said forcing himself to be happy. Blaine said something about the three of them going out to dinner and Kurt sighed wishing that he could spend some alone time with his husband who seemed to be always concentrating on his dreams, his life, his past school. Blaine made some comment about Kurt being on Brodway soon and Kurt snapped, he opened his mouth as if to say something but then just turned and walked away to his and Blaine's bedroom, shutting the door loudly behind him.

Christopher flinched at the sound before seeing his dad's confused face, “He doesn't like Broadway daddy, he likes singing and acting yes and performing but he doesn't like Broadway. He hates New York, you know that right? He just tries to like it for you” Christopher said, the nearly five year old showing intelligence above his years especially in knowing people and what they wanted.

When Blaine entered the bedroom Kurt was sitting down holding onto their wedding photo just staring at it. "Is divorce with shared custody our best option for happiness Blaine? I love you Blaine, so much. I know I'd be happy shoveling donkey s**t in..in Peru wearing a degrading outfit, the least fashionable thing you could think of as long as I was with you...as long as" Kurt's voice turned quiet, "we weren't in New York."

[OOC: That was very short. Might add another scene in when I'm properly awake, have fun at work!]

Dapper Citizen

Blaine Anderson-Hummel

With Kurt's eye sight slowly returning, Blaine couldn't help but get himself excited about what the future was going to hold. He was back in the city of his dreams, doing the thing that he loved and reunited with his family and friends. What more could he ask for really? Blaine's career felt like it was finally back on track and just last week he had been given his first leading role since their return to the united states, it was playing Tony in West Side Story, just like he had done all those years ago at McKinley. It was a role that Blaine excelled in and, even after all this time, he still remembered most of the lines without even having to look at the script.

Blaine was so consumed with his own life and how well he assumed that things were going that he didn't even see how much Kurt had started to hate the city, he didn't notice that Kurt hardly left their home or how Kurt seemed to be slowly withdrawing from their life, becoming more angry and annoyed at Blaine with each passing day. When Kurt got angry at him, Blaine just smiled and tried to make it all better by talking about how good everything was going to be soon enough and how they would move into a house when they had enough money saved.

Right now, Blaine was getting ready for the West Side Story rehearsals that he had to attend that night. The actor put on his usual rehearsal attire of a black shirt, with his acting company's logo on the chest and his favorite, comfortable pair of jeans so that he could practice some of his dance moves if he needed to. Right now, he was stood in their living room, searching for his NYADA broach that he always wore on his jacket.

"Do you know where it is Kurt? The acting company likes us to where them so that others know what school we're from. I bet you can't wait to start back at NYADA, huh? " Blaine said with a smile as he began rummaging through his bag, checking that he hadn't put it in there the night before. Kurt said that he wasn't going back to NYADA and Blaine rose his eyebrows at his husband, as if asking 'since when?'. "Found it," Blaine said as he pulled the little badge out of his bag and began attaching it to his jacket. Kurt approached him and began fixing his collar and tie for him and Blaine gave him a little smile in thanks. Through Kurt's thick, prescription glasses, Blaine could see his husbands eyes and, for the first time, he noticed that they weren't as bright as they should have been, there was no love, no joy in them and that deeply worried Blaine.

Kurt left to sit with Christopher and Blaine left the room to go into the kitchen and grab his car keys from the counter, "Do You want to go out to Dinner tonight? When I'm done with rehearsals? We could go that place you like Chris, the one that does all that nice chicken." Blaine suggested as he came back into the living room, smiling at his husband and son. Christopher nodded his head happily and said that he wanted to get some of the barbecue chicken because it was his favorite. "Maybe next time we go out together it will be because Papa's at one of his own Broadway rehearsals," Blaine mused with a grin as he turned around to give himself one final check in the mirror.

The next thing Blaine knew, a door slammed shut behind him. Turning around, he noticed that Kurt was gone and gave a confused look to Christopher. The perceptive little boy looked at his Dad as though he was stupid and then explained what was wrong with Kurt. From the mouth of Babes Blaine finally heard the truth, that Kurt hated it here in New York and that he didn't want to be on broadway. Blaine tried to smile for Christopher, "Did Papa tell you that?" He asked, but Chris shook his little head, his golden curls flying around his face. "Everyone knows Dad," He explained, "He doesn't smile anymore." Christopher said as he took hold of his favorite teddy bear - the dubbed 'Kurt Bear' from when he was an infant and exited into his bedroom, leaving Blaine standing there alone.

Blaine paced around the room for a few moments, trying to figure out what his son had just told him and wondering if it was true. When was the last time he had seen Kurt smile and actually mean it? Blaine couldn't quite remember. The sound of Kurt's high pitched, twinkling laugh was more like a dream than reality, Blaine realized quickly. He hadn't heard Kurt laugh for a long time, probably not since that first week that they had come back to New York. With a sigh, Blaine stopped walking and headed towards his and Kurt's bedroom.

Blaine considered knocking on the door before entering, but then decided against it, it was his room too after all. He stepped into the room and saw Kurt sitting on their bed, in his hands the silver frame that held their wedding photo. Kurt didnt even bother looking up at Blaine as he spoke. He asked if getting a divorce was their only option to make them both happy and Blaine physically felt a pain in his chest. Was Kurt really asking him that? How was it that Blaine hadn't noticed how unhappy Kurt had been?

"I love you too..." Blaine said softly as he approached Kurt and sat down on the bed beside him. Blaine placed his hand on Kurt's knee softly, running his thumb across his leg in what he hoped was a comforting manner. "I don't want to get a divorce..." Blaine mumbled, looking at the photo that Kurt was holding in his hand. They had been so happy that day, finally getting to start their lives together and now look where they where. A few years down the line and talking about divorce. "Why didn't you tell me you where unhappy? I would have done something..." Blaine said softly as he lifted his free hand up to Kurt's face and tilted it up away from the photo and made it so that Kurt was looking at his face.

"Is it the apartment? It was only supposed to be temporary. We can move to a bigger place, maybe outside of the city if you want. I don't mind driving to work." Blaine said softly, "And I'll stop talking about Broadway and NYADA, just tell me what you'd rather do and I'll back you up one hundred per-cent, you know that I will." Blaine carefully ran his thumb over Kurt's soft cheek as he tried to look his husband in the eyes through those thick glasses. "I should have asked you what you wanted to do, instead of just guessing and assuming things. I'm really sorry sweetie, please can you forgive me and we'll sort something out?" he questioned, not even considering that Kurt might say that he wanted to go back to London.

[OoC: Took me longer than expected to write this and I feel like I didn't add much in, but I don't want to assume anything abut what Kurt wants to do/says he wants to do! i'll leave that up to you!]]

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Kurt Anderson-Hummel
          Listening to Blaine Kurt felt even more distant from his husband, he didn't mind his bad eyesight as much, it was slowly recovering and at least he could see somewhat, something that even he hadn't expected but it wasn't just the way New York looked to him it was the sounds, the smells, the taste of the city air. London was a city but at least London was an escape, an escape from all the pain that was held in New York.

“You love it here,” Kurt whispered, “And you look as fabulous and happy as you always do when your heart is in the right place it's just...here...” he said meaning New York. He tried to find the right words to say, was it the hospital that did it, the bad memories from NYADA, the stress, was it Blaine himself? “I hardly ever found triggers in London, in England I was happy but you weren't. It was a new life away from all the painful memories of being left behind, of being sick, of being...American.” he laughed but it was bitter, harsh, mocking, “I spent most of my life thinking about Broadway, what it would be like to be a Broadway star. Then I got beat up and raped, paralyzed from the waist down, missed my NYADA audition, that should have been a sign. From then I got sick and then sicker, I thought that by releasing you from me you could live your dreams and so I didn't show up at the altar. I spent time in a hospice away from you getting sicker and sicker, I then met you again in New York and it was wonderful, I thought yes I'll die soon but at least I can be with Blaine for a few months.” Kurt took a deep breath in trying to sort himself out, he knew that Blaine knew all of this but he had to say it aloud to really take it in.

“I somehow managed to make some right choices but then the hate started from the Blaine fans, Sebastian exited our lives at a cost, then I slept with someone else and had a child with them, we got married, then I was in a plane crash, one of the few survivors and had to go into a mental hospital once I couldn't deal with the trauma. When I came out the hate started again, or more like never stopped, I met my son again after a year of not seeing him, I managed to cope better until I got attacked after going to England, we then moved, I was happy until I realized the extent to which my husband was not. I took drugs to prove to him how much his actions were harming me and then I lost my sight. Before I know it I'm back in this ******** state, not just New York but this traumatized fear of where I am, this paranoia, this feeling of depression and worthlessness.”

Kurt looked at Blaine and looked away, “I'm not going back to England, as much as I'd love to and want to I'm not going back to London, but...I've been talking to Cooper and I want to go to California. I want to be an actor, not just a stage actor but on TV and film as well, I've taken some classes on film and TV in England and I was going to try to get an education in it here on New York. But the only way I can be happy is if I get out of this state and the only way you will be happy is if you're on Broadway. I know that though we love each other so much, I know that, we can never both be happy if we're together.” Kurt felt his eyes fill with tears as he tried to explain this to Blaine. “I don't have to be an actor, being a writer will be fine with me, doing something else, at this point anything but just not here . I'm breaking by just being in New York again but I could never ever ever ask you to leave.”

[OOC: Don't worry. I didn't want to assume Blaine's next actions so didn't progress the scene much myself. If they do split up I'd like Chris to go with Kurt but you probably would like Chris to stay with Blaine so we'll have to flip a gaian coin or something razz Hopefully they can sort some sort of compromise though]

Dapper Citizen

Blaine Anderson-Hummel

Blaine listened carefully as Kurt practically listed all the bad things that had happened to him since they had left McKinley High School in Lima, Ohio. Blaine remembered each and every one of them and, each memory stung like a knife to the chest. He could still see the different Kurt's that had appeared after each incident, the depressed Kurt, the hopeless Kurt, the angry Kurt, the Kurt who wasn't Kurt anymore...

Blaine let his hand fall from touching Kurt's face and removed his other from Kurt's leg, clasping them together tightly as Kurt gave the verdict on what he wanted to do about their situation. He didn't want to return to England, which was instantly a plus for Blaine, who couldn't imagine ever moving away from his home in New York. This was where his heart was - right in the middle of Broadway, right where all the action happened and where he could once again make a name for himself as a Stage Star and hopefully this time, he would be able to keep doing so without crazy fans hurting him or his family.

At the sound of his brothers name, Blaine gave Kurt a confused look before his husband said that he wanted to go to California. Blaine shook his head, indicating no as Kurt went on to explain his reasons for wanting to go to California, where Blaine's brother had lived ever since making his first movie. Although Blaine wanted to be supportive of Kurt and what he wanted to do, he really didn't understand where this had come from and what had made his husband want to change his dreams so drastically and decide that he wanted to live somewhere he had neve even been.

"No Kurt, we can't keep doing this." Blaine said, shaking his head again. "We can't keep moving from one place to another, Ohio to New York, New York to London and then back to New York," Blaine listed all the places they had lived and shook his head softly, thinking about all their past homes and their current one that they had just gotten to a way that they liked it. "What do you think this is going to do to Chris? You want us to move across the country, to a place you've never even been to before to chase a dream that you've only just decided that you have." Blaine accused, his voice an angry whisper. Deep down, Blaine knew that he was doing the wrong thing by telling Kurt that he was wrong, but Blaine's selfish nature wasn't about to let him give up all the things that loved.

"If you want to move to California then you can, but you are not taking my son with you." Blaine stood up from the bed and turned his back to Kurt, determined not to allow Kurt to take away the happiness that he had just started to get back in his life. No matter how much he loved Kurt, he knew that he had to put himself first and then think about others and Blaine knew that if he moved any where far away from the place that held the key to his dreams, he would just end up doing drugs again and then, he would be in no fit state to help Kurt or Christopher live their dreams.

Blaine walked out of the bedroom, slamming the door shut behind him. Chris was sat on the living room floor and he stared up through Kurt's blue eyes at his Daddy. "Do you want to come watch me rehearse?" Blaine asked the little boy, who wasn't quite sure if he should go with his mad Daddy or stay home with his sad Papa. "Erm..." Christopher said, looking between his Daddy at the door and the Bedroom door where Kurt was. "Uh-uh" He said softly, shaking his head from side to side. "I'll stay with Papa." Chris said and Blaine pressed his teeth together and tried to remember that Chris didn't mean to upset him. "Kay." Blaine said, trying to keep the annoyance from his voice. Blaine left the apartment and headed out to his car, where he turned the radio on full blast and began the drive to the theater.

Inside the apartment, Christopher waited until he couldn't hear his Dad's foot steps anymore and then he walked over to his father's bedroom door and carefully pushed it open. His Papa was sitting on the bed, "You okay Papa?" Chris asked as he walked up to the bed and climbed on top of it, sitting next to Kurt, he placed his hand on Kurt's knee, just like Blaine did. "It'll be 'kay. Promise." He said softly as he rubbed his hand up and down Kurt's knee, trying to comfort him.

Later that Night

Rehearsals had ended at 11pm, like they always did but on his way home, Blaine had taken a detour and gone to the 24 hour gym. Still wearing his jeans and shirt, Blaine had spent an hour a the gym, smashing his bare fists into a punching bag until his knuckles ached and his old broken finger began to swell up again. With his tensions relieved, the sweaty actor had returned to his car and began the long drive home, the thumping pain in his hands reminding him of how much of an idiot he had been earlier in the night to say those things to his husband.

At a little past midnight, Blaine arrived back at their apartment and quickly let himself in. It was strange returning home to a quite, dark home. Kurt normally waited up for him to get home before they went to bed together after talking about their days. Blaine placed his keys on the little table by the door and shrugged off his jacket, placing it in the closet by the front door. With a sigh, Blaine began undoing the buttons on his shirt and slipped his shoes off. He threw his dirty shirt into the washing pile in the kitchen before grabbing a glass of water to try and replace some of the fluids he had lost at his gym session.

When Blaine was done in the kitchen he headed straight for his and Kurt's bedroom, not bothering to check on Christopher like he would have normally done. He flipped off the living room lights and walked into his bedroom, he slipped out of his jeans, leaving him just in a pair of boxers, and made his way over to the bed, where he could see Kurt's little shape lying. Blaine climbed under the covers of the bed and wrapped his body around Kurt's spooning him close so that Kurt's back was pressed against Blaine's chest.

"Kurt?" Blaine whispered softly into his love's ear. He felt Kurt move and closed his own eyes as he spoke to his husband, not quite sure if he was awake or not. "I'm sorry about before... I shouldn't have gotten so mad at you, it's not your fault," Blaine pressed his lips against the back of Kurt's neck, pausing for a moment while he thought about what he should say. "If you want to go to California... I can't come with you. As much as I want to stay with you baby, I just can't... I'm happy here." Blaine said thoughtfully, thinking about all he had here in New York. "You could move there though if you really wanted to and I'd come see you as much as I could..." Blaine muttered as he felt his body begin to shut down as it was so tired. "Chris... Christopher could..." Blaine mumbled, trying to tell Kurt what he wanted them to do about there son. "Go with you..." Blaine said softly, his sentence wasn't quite finished as he had meant to add on the words 'at the weekend' but, sleep had taken him and he hadn't been able to finish what he was saying.

[OoC: Hope this is okay! I don't really want them to break up yet, but I suppose if Kurt does move to California, he and Blaine could argue over who gets Chris and maybe then they could split up for a while.
          ]]

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Kurt Anderson-Hummel
Date: August 16th
          Kurt was no where around when Blaine first got up but a lot of his bags were gone and Chris was gone too with a bag of his books, toys, clothes and all the other things that Kurt had to give him. There was silence around as Blaine would have realized just how much of Kurt's belongings were gone and then there was a note left at Blaine's place at the table where the three of them would usually sit. “Blaine, no matter how much I love you you're right, we can't keep changing places. Going to California was a stupid idea and I apologize, however with so many bad memories and triggers I can not stay in New York. I'm talking to a lawyer today and setting things up for the divorce. Just let me have today with my son before I say goodbye to him forever. I have to go back to London, my life is there now. I'm sorry and I love you. This is for the best Blaine...for both of us.”

A Few Hours Later
          Kurt sighed as he sat in the living room of the house where Finn and Rachel now lived with Liza, he had spoken to Rachel about how he felt about everything and how if he continued down the path he was going down he was just going to end up hating Blaine more than he had ever hated anyone for keeping him somewhere so negative. Rachel and Finn had helped him the best they could telling him that they were on his side for the parenting thing even if it did cost them Blaine and they would do all they could. Kurt however said that he would let Chris decide where he wanted to stay. Kurt knew Blaine's answer which is why he considered the divorce, Blaine wasn't moving but he had to, his sanity and ultimately his life depended on him getting out of New York.

“It's a shame it didn't last, didn't you get married this month five years ago?” she asked as Kurt gave her a look to ask for her point and she shrugged, “Half a decade, it's not that long.” Finn put his hand on Kurt's knee and took a deep breath in as Christopher watched from the stairs holding the Kurt and Blaine bears he had had as a baby. “Let Chris decide. I'm sure that Blaine would still let him visit you on holidays,” he said as Kurt shook his head trying to tell them that he would be out of Chris's life forever because of the divorce and the separation.

Chris rushed to his dad then and handed him the Blaine bear, “Please papa! Please stay with us, stay in New York! We'll make your dreams come true.” Kurt looked at his son and realized the truth that he couldn't take Chris with him and without Chris and Blaine he'd rather be dead but he'd rather be dead than be in New York. “I'll stay for today,” he promised as Christopher nodded sadly. In the afternoon Kurt took Christopher home, leaving him without saying a word to Blaine and going back out again.

Christopher looked at his daddy, “Papa says he's leaving us tonight he stressed as Blaine just told him that was improbable.

That Night
          There was a knock on the Anderson-Hummel front door as Courtney stood with Kurt who had a blanket draped around his shoulders and smelt faintly of alcohol. When Blaine gave her a strange glance, seeing the new, thinner, older woman she tried to introduce herself again but she knew Blaine knew who she was. "Hey Blaine, can we come in." she said trying to prop up the depressed Kurt before Josh could be seen in the background trying to make sure that Kurt wasn't going to run away. "Don't worry I'm not going to steal Christopher away from you, I haven't seen him since he was a baby though. This is about Kurt."

"Just le'mme go," Kurt said out in a weak slow voice, "I have to ki-kill mysel' to kee' Blaine happy." Courtney looked down trying hard not to say the wrong words but Josh wasn't as held back as Christopher's birth mother was. "He tried to jump in front of a train at the subway! I know we should have told police but he ran when he saw us." Courtney looked at Kurt weakly, "We learned from Rachel where you were, Rachel and I have a mutual Facebook friend," Courtney tried to explain.

Kurt struggled though, "Ha' to do it! Ha to jump!" Once Blaine had them sitting down Courtney looked at Blaine thinking Kurt had fallen asleep on the arm of the couch but he could still hear them, "Do you know why he would do something like that?" she asked, "Is he really that unhappy?" Josh sighed and then rubbed Kurt's shoulder from where he was sitting next to Courtney, "Have you tried getting a house outside of the city, there are some amazing places and even though it might be an hour commute it would really help if he's having problems here. A friend of mine felt depressed in the city and then when he moved..."

"No...not New York..." Kurt complained, "I can't breathe here. Making me stay is the most selfish thing ever and taking Chris from me the second. I'm his ******** father not Blaine," Kurt lifted his head, pain showing in his eyes, more pain than anyone could have imagined. "Blaine isn't even Chris' biological father, he wasn't on any of the original papers, it was just me. Chris is MY son...not Blaine's, not Blaine's at all."

[OOC: Hope that was a better response for you but I doubt that you'll change Blaine's mind even if he is an actor elsewhere so Kurt will still have to leave him or grow more and more miserable.]

Dapper Citizen

Blaine Anderson-Hummel

When Blaine awoke and found that Kurt's things were all gone from their bedroom, he panicked. He ran to Christopher's room and saw that his son's things were gone too, Blaine's hand curled into a fist and, with an loud, angry sound, he threw his hand into bedroom door. Where his hand connected with the door, a huge hole appeared in the soft, cardboard like material. Blaine span around and stormed into the kitchen, searching for his cell phone so that he could call Kurt. That was when he saw the note sitting on the kitchen table in his usual spot was a hand written note. Blaine stormed over the table and grabbed the note, his eyes scanning over Kurt's hand writing and quickly taking in what Kurt had written.

First of all, Kurt was telling him that he couldn't stay in New York. Secondly, Kurt was filing for divorce and third of all, Kurt had taken Christopher but was planning to bring him back later that day. Blaine closed his eyes, screwed the piece of paper up and threw it across the room as hard as he possibly could. Blaine could do nothing now but wait until Kurt came back with Christopher later that day and hopefully, Blaine would be able to talk some sense into his husband.

Blaine spent the rest of the day researching things like how long it took to drive to California from New York and what type of lifestyle California could offer an ex Broadway actor / TV Director. Of course, Blaine could always go back into directing but that wasn't where he wanted to be, he enjoyed being on stage, not behind the scene's, he enjoyed hearing the roar of the crowd, not the silence of the studio... After hours of researching, the best that Blaine could come up with was that if he moved away from New York, his dreams were over and he wasn't going to be able to get back on stage again, unless it was a community theater thing.

When Kurt arrived at the apartment with Christopher, he didn't even glance at Blaine and it broke the ex-warblers heart to know that his husband was in so much pain living in New York City, while he was so happy. Would they ever share the same hopes and dreams again? It felt like the last time that they had shared their dreams was long after Christopher had been born. Blaine wished that he could reverse time five years, to before their son had been born and to where Blaine had had the chance to make everything right for him and Kurt. If only he had supported his husband back then, then maybe things wouldn't be like this now.

With Christopher back home, Blaine still couldn't relax like he had hoped he would be able to. The little boy was on edge and continued to tell Blaine that Kurt was leaving them and that he wasn't going to come back. Blaine kept telling his son not to be silly and that Papa was just staying with Uncle Finn and Auntie Rachel and that he'd be back soon.

At Christophers bedtime, the little boy broke down crying his eyes out, begging his Daddy to go and Save Papa from the bad guys who were making him sad. Blaine promised he would try, he promised that Papa would be okay and that Daddy would try to make everything better. Although Chris wasn't completely settled, he had fallen to sleep after a little while and Blaine had left the little boy alone while he tried to call Kurt. Blaine called his husbands cell phone almost 30 times in an hour. He left messages and voice mails, telling Kurt that he was worried, asking him where he was an practically begging him to call him back.

When a knock came at the door, an annoyed Blaine stood up and quickly answered it, prepared to give his husband a lecture on keeping his phone turned on incase something bad had happened here. The scene infront of Blaine wasn't what he had been expecting however. His husband was stood in the middle of a man and a woman. The woman, despite being older and much more mature looking, Blaine recognised immediately as Courtney - Christoper's mother. She asked Blaine if they could come in and Blaine nodded his head numbly, his eyes locked on Kurt's drunk face as he moved out of the way. But, before they had even stepped into the house, Courtney's partner jumped in, telling Blaine that Kurt had tried to kill himself. Blaine felt his knee's go weak underneath him and he quickly placed his hand against the wall to stop himself from falling over.

"He what?" Blaine questioned, his eyes boring into Kurt's face as his husband slurred the words that he had to do it. Blaine led the three of them into the house and he carefully settled Kurt on the couch, making him lie down and rest his head against the arm of the chair. Blaine sat down on the wooden coffee table while Courtney and Josh took up the other couch. Courtney asked if Blaine knew why Kurt would want to do that and, guilty, he nodded his head slowly. The warning signs had been laid out of him for so long now that it shocked him that he hadn't seen this coming earlier. Josh sighed and Blaine turned his eyes towards the man who was rubbing his husbands shoulder softly and tried to listen as he asked Blaine if they had considered moving out of the city.

"I told him we could get a house outside of the city, some place with a garden like we used to have in London. He didn't seem interested though..." Blaine difted off as Kurt began speaking, alerting the three of them that he was still awake. Kurt called Blaine selfish, firstly for making Kurt stay here and secondly for taking Christopher away from him. The thing that hurt Blaine the most was what Kurt said about Christopher and about how Blaine was never supposed to be in the child's life. Blaine had never asked for his name to be on the legal documents, he had planned to adopt Christopher but Kurt had insisted that it was unnecessary when they could get it all done there and then before he was even born.

Blaine turned his annoyed, upset eyes away from Kurt and the others. "Thank you for bringing him home. It means a lot, especially since we haven't spoken in so long." Blaine said to the guests, trying to remain as calm and neutral as he possibly could. "If you leave your number, I'll call you in the morning and let you know how he's doing." Blaine suggested and Josh agreed that it would be for the best before scrbbling his phone number donw on a piece of paper.

Courtney and Josh quickly left the apartment, with Blaine thanking them for a second time for bringing his husband back home. It was only when the door was closed that Blaine turned his attention to his drunk husband, who he could smell from across the room. "I can't believe you, Kurt." Blaine said as he stared down at his husband who was still sitting on the couch, "Without me, you wouldn't even have Christopher now. They would have put him up for adoption when you went into that mental hospital." Blaine told him, shaking his head as if ashamed of the man sitting in front of him. Blaine crouched down and grabbed hold of Kurt's arm, putting it around his shoulders and then standing up and pulling Kurt with him.

"We'll talk in the morning. When you're sober." Blaine said, his voice was rather curt with his husband, a no-nonsense voice that he only ever really used when Christopher was playing up and being naughty. Blaine led Kurt into the bedroom and pushed him down onto their bed, he lay his husband on his side, in what was almost the recovery position so that if he threw up it wouldn't block his airways and then, Blaine grabbed his pillow and a spare blanket from the closet and lay down on the floor in front of the bedroom door so that he would know if Kurt tried to get up in the night and leave the room.

Date: August 17th

The next morning, Blaine woke up earlier than normal. The floor was very uncomfortable to sleep on and after lying on it all night, by the time morning came he had had enough. Kurt was still asleep, as was Christopher, which Blaine was thankful for. As soon as the clock hit 9am, Blaine was dialing the number of Kurt's old therapist and booking him in for an appointment the following day. There was no way that Blaine was going to let Kurt carry on like this, not with their son around especially. Blaine couldn't imagine trusting Kurt enough to leave him alone with Christopher again, what if he tried to kill himself while Christopher was in the next room? What if he tried to hurt Chris too? Blaine didn't want to think about the consequences of Kurt's depression in what had once been the city of his dreams.

After Blaine had booked the appointment with the therapist, a sleepy Christopher came into the kitchen and Blaine made him some pancakes, in the shape of love hearts, just because. Blaine also made some heart shaped pancakes for the sleeping Kurt, he lay them on a plate and then put the plate on a breakfast tray, Blaine added a cup of coffee and some sugar and maple syrup to the tray before heading to his and Kurt's bedroom, leaving Christopher to eat his breakfast alone. Inside of the bedroom, Blaine could see Kurt's shape lying down on the bed, but he wasn't sure if Kurt was sleeping or just lying down because of a hang-over.

"You awake?" Blaine asked as he placed the tray on the bed side table next to Kurt. "I made you some breakfast." Blaine told his husband softly as he sat down on the edge of the bed next to Kurt's still form. "I also made you an appointment with your old therapist tomorrow morning. " Blaine said, trying to keep it as casual as he possibly could. He just hoped that Kurt would remember what he had tried to do the night before and could understand Blaine's reasoning behind the therapy session.

[OoC: so long! your post was much better! Thank you again for changing it! ]]

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Kurt Anderson-Hummel
Date: August 17th
          Kurt moaned feeling incredibly ill as he lay there with his hangover, he could barely remember the time after having that sixth drink and turning his phone off finally to avoid it vibrating again from another call or text from Blaine. He looked up at his husband, his eyes making everything more blurry than usual and he reached across for his glasses to put them on, once he had them on he stared at the breakfast that Blaine had prepared him but didn't touch it. “I'm not hungry,” he said bitterly, “I can't believe I nearly did that to...to Christopher.” he looked down tears filling his eyes as he realized now that no matter how much he hated New York he'd have to make the best of it for his son.

Kurt took a deep breath feeling less fabulous than ever and stared at his husband, “I'm sorry....I'm just so mad at Mr. Perfect.” he leaned forwards putting his head onto his knees with his arms wrapped around them and sobbed, his whole body shaking. “I was so happy in England, I was so happy getting up onto that stage, being a famous actor, having the crowd applaud for me and I gave it up, all of it up for you. I need to go back there,” he whispered nervously, “I love you Blaine and I will come back but I have to go back to England until mid December so I can finish up the courses that I need to do to get my acting degree.” He looked around before putting a hand on his forehead, “If I go back to England I can get an amazing degree with only doing one more term whereas if I stay here and go to somewhere I don't want to go then it may take two or even three more years. I've already given up on my education so many times that I can't do it again,” he shook his head stubbornly.

The school that he attended in London gave acting degrees or credentials after two or three years and since Kurt had had a secret love for film and TV as well as theatre he had chosen the three year program, he could have graduated last summer with a degree in theatre but he really wanted to do all of it. “I've decided that I'll think about staying in New York, but only after I've finished my education. I suppose that's the reason I've been so unhappy, because I couldn't finish what I started and yet you could. You graduated from NYADA Blaine, you're an in demand Broadway actor, your Chris's daddy, what am I next to you?” he asked before looking down, “Being compared to that in a place that holds such terrible memories...I lost control”

Looking at Blaine Kurt couldn't decide whether he was angry at his husband or felt sorry for what he had done, perhaps therapy was the best bet. “I've been selfish...but so have you.” he told Blaine angrily. “I'm not going to NYADA, NEVER! That place is a living hell for me,” he moaned as his head started to feel worse and he got up going to the bathroom as he felt he was about to throw up. Once he had thrown up and brushed his teeth, getting himself to look as good as he could he returned to join Blaine who was sitting on the bed waiting for him.

“I think that's what I want most to finish my education in London and to be Chris's father,” he told Blaine. “Only after that can I determine what I want from us as a couple. I still love you, I just felt worthless. No job, no education, twenty ******** six years old.” At that Kurt broke into a million pieces as he listened to himself, “I was supposed to finish my education when I was twenty two, I was supposed to be on Broadway right now. I was supposed to be....you.” He sobbed as he looked down at the ground, the reason he had hated being with his husband so much was that Blaine reminded him of the life he had wanted, the life he would have gotten if he hadn't thrown his own away. “I'm sorry,” he apologized, “I'm so tired of being mad at you for living in your own head and taking me for granted, I should have known you were like that when I agreed to marry you. It's just New York reminds me of all that I don't have and all the things which I have unfortunately gone through.”

He looked at Blaine nervously, “Will you forgive me?” he asked. “Will you still let Finn take Chris to see me if I'm in UK for the upcoming semester? I know you don't want to go back but I need my little boy. He has to start the private school here but I need to see him at Thanksgiving, I just have to. If I can't see him every day I have to see him on the holidays.”

[OOC: After rewriting it three times I think this is the one I'm most happy with. I think that if Blaine says yes we skip to some of Chris's issues, do a Chris visiting Kurt scene, then we do Kurt's return then a definite focus on what's been happening with Christopher. I don't think I'll do the multiple thing and just leave it as Kurt's feelings of inadequacy next to Blaine and hopefully Blaine can understand that because of Cooper and his effect]

Dapper Citizen

Blaine Anderson-Hummel

Blaine stared down at the bedroom floor as Kurt spoke, telling Blaine exactly how he felt about New York and how he wanted to go back to England to finish his education. Blaine felt so guilty about everything that he had done, bringing Kurt back to a place that he hated and practically forcing him to do something that he hated, and then shrugging Kurt's concerns off each and every time that he tried to tell him. Blaine knew that he had been selfish and cruel to his husband and just couldn't understand how he it had taken something this drastic to finally see it. Kurt yelled at Blaine telling him that he had been selfish and Blaine glared down at the floor, more angry at himself than angry at Kurt. He stayed perfectly still as Kurt got up and left to go to the bathroom. Blaine could hear him throwing up in there, but still he remained on the bed, trying to decide how he was going to deal with this.

When Kurt returned to the bedroom and at down next to him, Blaine turned his brown eyes up to look at Kurt's face to try and really listen to what he was saying he wanted to do, the main thing being finishing his education in London and being Christopher's father. No mention of Blaine, apart from until Kurt started telling him how he didn't feel like he was good enough and how he was supposed to have the life that Blaine had. Blaine knew that, he knew it so badly and that was the exact reason that he had been pushing Kurt to go to NYADA, so that he could have the same education that Blaine had had and then so that he could go on to have a Broadway career.

Blaine watched as Kurt crumbled, his face scrunching up and tears pouring down his face. He couldn't take being so far away from Kurt anymore, not just physically, but emotionally. All Blaine's life he had blocked any one out who had tried to help him until it got to crisis point, like it was now. Blaine knew that it wasn't healthy to do it, but he had never known how to do anything else. He had grown up being told that having emotions meant you were weak... But Kurt had emotions and plenty of them, and Blaine didn't think that he was weak at all, in fact, Blaine had never known a stronger man in all his life. Kurt had gone through so much and always come out on top, showing just how much strength he had. Blaine wished that he could be like that. Blaine decided then that he would try his hardest to be more like Kurt, to admit when he was upset or mad about something instead of holding it all inside, he decided that he would try to stop living in his own world and start coming into the real world, where everything wasn't peachy keen but where he had Kurt to help him deal with the problems that came their way.

Blaine reached out towards Kurt and pulled his husband into a hug, he held on tightly, closing his eyes as he spoke. "You have nothing to be sorry for," Blaine croaked softly, "I'm the one who should be apologizing. I should know what it feels like to be somewhere you hate, but like you said, I've been so god-damn selfish thatI couldn't even see that you were miserable." Blaine lifted one his his hands up to stroke Kurt's hair, while his other arm still kept Kurt close to him. "I'm so sorry," Blaine said, turning his head and pressing his lips to the side of Kurt's neck, "You can go back to England... If Christopher wasn't supposed to be starting school you could have taken him for half the time you're over there... But, I'll definitely let Finn bring him over at Thanksgiving and maybe one or two weekends." Blaine said as he pulled away from Kurt and released him from their embrace.

"And we can Skype, yeah? Like we used to. If you're happy then I'm happy too. And I'm sure Chris will be thrilled, he hates it when your upset." Blaine said softly, thinking about their little boy's face two days before as he had told Blaine that everyone knew that Kurt wasn't happy in New York. Blaine felt the guilt overcome him again and, not being able to take it, Blaine pulled Kurt into another hug. "I'm so sorry," Blaine repeated as he pressed his cheek against Kurt's softly, knocking his glasses off balance a little. "Sorry," Blaine said with a smile as he moved away and lifted his hand up to fix Kurt's glasses for him.

"As cute as you are with these," Blaine began with a smile, "I still think you are much, much more gorgeous without them." Blaine finished as he carefully lifted Kurt's glasses off his face and placed them on the bed beside him. "Makes it easier to kiss you too," Blaine grinned playfully, trying to make Kurt feel better and most importantly, lighten the mood between them. Blaine gave a little laugh and pressed his lips to Kurt's for just the briefest moment. "Sorry," He said with another little laugh. "I" Kiss, "Can't" Kiss, "Stop." Kiss, Kiss, Kiss. "Maybe you should put them back on," Blaine kissed him again as he picked up the glasses again and placed them back into Kurt's hands.
          ""

[OoC: That's fine with me, maybe we should skip to September when Kurt's back in England and Chris is starting school, where the bullying can start. c: and then to thanksgiving! ]]

Generous Lunatic

11,400 Points
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
User Image
Kurt Anderson-Hummel

Listening to Blaine apologize Kurt took some deep breaths and when Blaine took off his glasses he panicked, he really couldn't see anything without them even with Blaine so close to him. He tried ntot to pull back as Blaine started to kiss him. Even though they had both apologized he was still angry at his husband for living in his fantasy land and pretty much ignoring him. He decided then that he would do all he could to live the life he wanted IN New York, to try his hardest to land some TV and film roles which would mean avoiding performing in front of a large audience even if it did mean no Broadway. In fact right now he felt happier with no Broadway.

He looked at his glasses before putting them on finally able to see again, “You really think I'm cute with these?” he asked before smiling weakly as Blaine gave him an affirmative answer. He then thought about London and how much he missed it and how he had secretly applied to go back into the acting program he had been taking once he had woken up from his coma and they had let him, he had been at the top of the class afterall.

“I'm going to try to get some acting jobs over there too,” he told Blaine meaning England, “I'm sure that some people still remember me. That way for a short time we would still be living our dreams at the same time.”

Date: September 1st

Christopher looked at his dad nervously as Blaine handed him his bag with his lunch in it for school and the different things they were supposed to bring. Chris hadn't really spent time around other children, well except for Liza who was two years younger than him. He had always spent the most time with his dad and papa. He hugged the Kurt bear another time before looking at Blaine, “Too early for Skype?” he asked although he knew his Papa was busy all day on Mondays and today was a Monday, they would Skype every day for about an hour to an hour and a half, thirty minutes with just Chris and then perhaps an hour with Blaine just talking about how things were going.

Although Kurt hated not being there with his son he was trying to make the most of it by acting again, of which he had found a small, short-lasting role on a TV series as a nerdy gay guy in a comedy setup, and by really enjoying his final classes at the university. Chirstopher sighed as Blaine nodded his head and told him to wait for that afternoon when he would be done with his school for the day. Christopher nodded and then reached out for Blaine's hand, scared about what the other kids would think of him.

Christopher was currently wearing the private school's blue and black school uniform however he had spiked his hair up to look “cool” and the appearance suited him well, although, despite the blonde hair, he was looking like his papa more and more every day.

Once they had reached the school Christopher had seen all the other children being dropped off by their mothers and their mothers talking to the teacher who was looking forward to them. He gripped nervously onto his daddy's hand but Blaine gave him a smile telling him it was all going to be alright. When Blaine dropped him off he decided to give a few words to the teacher before Chris realized he was going to leave him, probably going to the theatre again. Nervously Chris looked at his dad, “You'll wait for me to talk to Papa won't you?” he asked and his daddy reassured him he would.

Christopher then wandered off into the other room where there were about fourteen other kids at the private school. He walked up to one group nervously who were talking about their mothers and their moms' jobs. When they turned to Christopher and asked what his mommy was like, Christopher shrugged. “Don't have one, it's just me, dad, and papa.” he said thinking there was nothing strange or unusual about that but the other kids stared at him like he was crazy and then separated them from him. Chris tried to follow but they blocked him out, not wanting to interact with the boy with two daddy's.

[OOC: Sorry for the slow response. Really wanted to sleep tonight and it was just past midnight when you posted. Hopefully you'll post again but if you don't I have an appointment I have to leave for at about seven and won't be back until just past nine, like quarter past nine or something (my time).]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff