this rp is between emotionally compromised and incarceron
feel free to read along

Bunny

User Image
                Name // Vincent Silvio Altoviti
                Age // Twenty
                Job // Fighter
                Birthday // November 19
                Likes // Black and White Films, Rock and Roll, Flying, Motorcycles
                Dislikes // Weaklings, Girls, Bubble Gum, Horses
                Fears // Surprisingly only death

Demonic Kitten

User Image
                Name // Quincy Abernathy
                Age // Nineteen
                Job // Intelligent
                Birthday // April 25th
                Likes // Books, food, naps, stars
                Dislikes // Loud noises, tight and enclosed spaces, the cold
                Fears // Failing the mission

Bunny

User ImageYou think it's over but...

Shink. Shink. Shink.

"Damnit"

Shink. Shink. Poof.

The cigarette lit, the male inhaling and it began to burn. The lighter was slipped into the jacket pocket and he let a heavy breath out. Smoke dancing in the night sky. Three hours from now, he would be back in space. Three hours from now there will be a possibility of never touching Earth ever again. Three hours from now, Earth will just be a whisper in space.

The cold night hummed with the light song from the crickets that refused to dig underground for winter just yet. Another inhale and exhale. Three hours from now, he'll meet his Intelligence and live the rest of his space life with a man he may never really get to know. A team that may just silently exchange ideas and plans as the Intelligence mumbles in his ears as Vincent's life was on the line. He was in no mood of putting his life on the line for some weakling that that couldn't put up a fight. They were smart, yes, smarter than any Fighter, but they weren't physically built and fit like the Fighters.

They tried making Vincent quit smoking, but he just scoffed and left the room laugh as he waved his hand. A cocky smile spread across his lips as his cigarette died away with the first few flakes of snow. His last exhale before he smothered the cigarette in the ground billowed around him as he turned and headed back inside. The last day at the academy, his roommate was dead as a log, his mouth hanging open, drool pooling over his lips. Vincent smirked as he shrugged off his leather jacket and threw it on the duffle bag filled with necessities as well as a freshly made uniform and helmet. He crawled silently into bed and tangled himself in the blankets to catch some shut eye before the alarm would go off in three hours time.

---
                        ---
                        ---

A loud bunch. Full of life, laughter and a lot of muscles. The Intelligence side was much more put together. Their crisp clothing compared to the thrown together clothing of the Fighters. Within the next hour they would be living with the side they weren't allowed to interact with. Almost like boys and girls that could never mingle. An awkwardness that would hang in the air as each couple would make their way to their assigned rooms.

Vincent hung back, his roommate standing next to him as they watched the group of Fighters they all graduated with play around. The male sighed and tilted his head, his attention shifting to the Intelligence. "Who do you think you'll get?" His roommate asked him.

Vincent's eyes turned and responded with "I can tell you who I don't want." His face smirking, his roommate responded with a chuckle and replied, "That's everybody if I'm thinking what your thinking." Vincent's lips tightened slightly his attention following the millions of heads shifting on the side of purity. "I guess I can just hope I get someone a little bit more...unique." He pulls his hands out of his pockets and wiggles his fingers to play along with the word 'unique'. Then attention was called.

"Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen," Most of the woman were on the Intelligence side. Only rarely was a girl ever a Fighter. "Welcome to Base Camp. This will now be your new home. Treat it like you would any other home. Meaning, don't trash it, don't vandalize, do not deface this place we all call home." The man speaking was very put together. He had dark brown hair and decent facial hair growing. Here and there were gray stripes showing age, wrinkles on the edges of his eyes. "My name is Major Geoff Barstow. I am the head of Base Camp and every operation is controlled by me." His eyes skimmed the crowd, holding eye contact with everyone for a few seconds before moving on. "And this..." He holds out his arm in the general direction of another man standing a little further back, "Is Major Jessie Stallings. Although I am the head of Base Camp. All Fighters will report to me and all Intelligence will report to Commander Stallings." There was a silent confirmation among the crowd. His voice drowned on for quite sometime, talking about this and that. It quickly lost interest in Vincent and his roommate. The two fiddle around. Seeing what was each other their pockets. Snickering and whispering back and forth about some Intelligent.

There was a loud clapping noise and all heads seem to straighten, all attention back on Commander Barstow. "Now...Assignments." Several more men and a single woman showed up. He called out names of both Fighters and Intelligence and assigned them to one of the new people who took them down a hall and away. His roommate left in the forth group. Vincent was in the last. They were lead down a hallway no one else was lead down. The whole ship was sleek, almost new but there was a since of life in every humming and beeping of the ship. The man lead the group of Fighters and Intelligence down a long maze of hallways before he stopped and turned.

"Down this next hallway will be your rooms. There are a total of twenty rooms. This hallway will be a mix of new and old. Get along with your Elders. Do not get on their bad sides." The man's eyes darkened for a few seconds before he pulled out a piece of paper from one of his many pockets and started out calling out a name of a Fighter and an Intelligent and then a room number. Vincent's head shot up when his name was called.

"Vincent Altoviti and Quincy Abernathy. Room 187."

Vincent stepped forward his eyes lingering on the group to see which Intelligent would step forward. He was handed a piece of paper and footsteps lead him to meet the face of this so called Quincy.

Who: Roommate / Fighters & Intelligence
What: Excitement
Where: Academy / Base Camp

emotionally compromised

...boy it's only just begun.
User ImageXOUser ImageXOUser Image

Demonic Kitten

User Image
XXXXXXX 001⋮ Base Camp xx 002⋮ Fighter & Intelligence alike xx 003⋮ Anticipation

"Hey."

"..."

"Hey, Quincy."

"..."

"Quincyyyyyy are you still awa-"

"God, will you ever shut up?"

Quincy lifted his head from his pillow and frowned at his roommate on the other side of the room. Granted, he didn't have his glasses and everything was pretty much blurry to him. He saw his roommate shifting, before sitting up fully and, before Quincy could protest, flipped open the switch to the bedside lamp.

Quincy sent a glare to his roommate's way before picking up his glasses on the bedside table and slipping them on. "Do I even want to ask why you're awake at this hour? Must you also wake me up?" Irritation was present in his voice which made his roommate grin back sheepishly in reply. Really! The last few hours of sleep they can get before leaving the academy and his roommate was being annoying and not letting him rest in peace.

"Well, I'm just a bit nervous, after all. Going into space...working with a Fighter. It all seems surreal."

Quincy stifled a yawn with a hand, considering his roommate's words. He supposed he could understand just how his roommate was feeling. But, on the contrary, Quincy was looking forward to working in space. True, they would be going out there to help protect their world but at the same time, he would be surrounded by stars. As for the Fighters...well, he only hoped he wouldn't get paired with an obnoxious one.

"You'll be fine. We'll be fine."

Came his reply. He wasn't known for being comforting, though his roommate had gotten to know him well enough that Quincy meant well. Quincy took off his glasses, setting them back on the bedside table before slipping back under the covers and turning his back to his roommate. He heard his roommate sigh and mutter a thanks before the lights were turned off. And then, they slept.

---

Quincy adjusted his glasses, pushing it up with his index finger, eyeing the rowdy Fighters with something akin to distaste. Their clothes were rumpled, their voices loud, and some of them were roughhousing, even. He scoffed at the sight before turning his attention back to his batch mates, whispering among themselves about the Fighters who were on the other side of the room.

"I didn't know they would be so loud..."

"Ohhh look at the one - kind of cute don't you think? A-ah! He's waving over here what do I do-"

"I hope mine would be nice, I hope mine would be nice. I hope mine would be nice."

"What about you, Quincy? Got any preferences?"

He spared another glance over his shoulder over to the Fighter side before looking back at the person who asked him the question. A rather petite girl but ranked in the top 100 of the Intelligence. "As long as we work well together, that's enough for me." Before the girl could reply, they were all called to attention and they immediately straightened, eyes trained on the speaker in front of them.

"Good Day Ladies and Gentlemen. Welcome to Base Camp. This will now be your new home. Treat it like you would any other home. Meaning, don't trash it, don't vandalize, do not deface this place we all call home. My name is Commander Geoff Barstow. I'm am the head of Base Camp and every operation is controlled by me. And this is Commander Jessie Stallings. Although I am the head of Base Camp. All Fighters will report to me and all Intelligence will report to Commander Stallings."

The huge group of Intelligences were then divided into groups. Quincy and his roommate were the few of the last ones to be called and thus placed in the last group. Before separating ways, however, the Intelligences wished each other luck. Quincy walked at a sedate pace, taking in the details of the ship, occasionally glancing towards the Fighters, guessing as to who's going to be his partner.

When the group stopped, living quarters were explained and Quincy listened attentively for his name being called. His roommate got called first and they waved to each other. A few more Intelligences were called, all of them appearing to be anxious at who their partner will be. Quincy's name was eventually called and he absentmindedly straightened his top free of wrinkles.

"Vincent Altoviti and Quincy Abernathy. Room 187."

"Yes."

Quincy answered, separating away from the group and walking up to the man announcing the names, his eyes trained on the Fighter he was assigned with. Long hair, somewhat disheveled clothes. He pushed his glasses up, a sign that he was not satisfied. He kept a polite face, nonetheless and thanked the man for the key card he got handed. His partner was handed a key card as well and they were ushered off to look for their room.

Quincy eyed the room numbers as they walked down the hall, looking an eye out for room 187. 184, 185, 186. Ah! There was 187. He swiped the key card, hearing the fwoosh as the door opened. Their belongings have already been transported, it seemed. Before he stepped through the door, he eyed his roommate, taking him in. Quincy was slightly shorter in height which made him annoyed, for some reason. Of course, since the other was a Fighter, he was much more built than Quincy. The long hair, however...Quincy wasn't used to seeing long hair on men. Their academy had a strict policy when it came to their uniforms and their grooming. He pushed up his glasses.

He already had a hard time imagining them working together.

OOC:
                          Incarceron

Bunny

The male straightened his shirt and stepped forward. Did he seriously straightened his shirt? Vincent couldn't help but place a hand over his mouth to cover the smirk and light scoff that passed his lips. He moved his hand back down to the piece of paper he was handed and unfolded it trying not to laugh as he let Quincy lead the way. A keycard fell out. Vincent quickly shoved it into his back pocket and looked at what the paper had to say:

Welcome to the Odyssey Base Camp
                        Sector ████████.

Did they seriously black out their sector? What, in fear that someone would let this piece of paper float out into space and let the enemy just stumble upon it? Vincent rolled his eyes and read on.

Vincent A████ and Quincy A██████
                        Room 187

Assigned Team: Red

Dock: R Three

Ship: Anubis

The Odyssey is...

A noise made Vincent look up. Quincy had stopped outside their room, the door open letting the boys see in. It was set up pretty much the same way at the academy. Two beds on opposite sides, each with their own bedside table. A wall panel on both sides for alarm clocks and reminders.

Quincy didn't move, but Vincent felt the eyes of the Intelligent on him. He turned slightly meeting the gaze of the Intelligent and bared his teeth before pushing passed his partner and into the room. He threw the paper at the boy as he passed to let him see. Vincent's duffle bag was on the left side of the room. Next to the bed was a door that he guess was the bathroom. He was right, the door opened and the lights clicked on. He stepped back letting the door close. In the middle of the room on the far wall in between the side tables was a window. The stars twinkling and winking at him. The door behind him closed indicating that Quincy had entered the room.

A smirk spread across the male's face. His left hand pulled out a cigarette, his right the lighter. Shink. Poof. And in inhaled, the cigarette burning away. He shoved the lighter back in his pocket and turned. His eyes wild with laughter. His head tilted down and to the right his eyes narrowing. Quincy was a little shorter than him. A much brighter hair color than his own with green gold eyes. He wore glasses, and his clothing was now where to be wrinkled. He was a stuck up no doubt, a teachers pet. Vincent exhaled, flicking the ashes onto the carpet.

"Quincy." He let the name roll off his tongue. "Quincy...Quincy...Quin. C." He played with the name. Satisfaction flashed on his eyes. He took a step forward. "You know, Quincey. You should learn how to present yourself when you're around me." Another step forward. His right hand leaving the pocket and stretching out to the control panel next to the door. His pointer finger pressing the lock button. The sound of a bolt keeping the door in place. Another step forward. "So...where should we start?" He took another inhale. His eyes dancing over the boy's body, before he landed back on the face. "Although your face may be calm, your actions and eyes do not say the same." His eyes narrowed slightly, the smoke dancing around him. The two were really close now, if Quincy tried taking a step back, the door would stop him from going anywhere. He let the next exhale of smoke dance around Quincy. Playing with the edges of his hair and curled around his head before dancing up to the ceiling and vanishing.

"You and I both now how hard we worked to get our asses were they are today, but I'm not going to work with an uptight goody two shoes like you." His left let grazed the outside of Quincy's thigh, before it danced along to the inside and up. His right hand now pressed against the wall next to Quincy's left ear. "When was the last time you..." He didn't finish the sentence, he just let it hang in the air as he stepped back. His eyes still wild, but he turned his back and shrugged off his jacket and threw it on the bed before he unzipped his duffle bag and dumping the contents on the bed.

Who: Quincy
What: Lets have some fun~
Where: Assigned Bedroom

OOC: Bleh...multitasking is hard to do when you're trying to write two completely different styles. I hate papers.

emotionally compromised

Demonic Kitten

User Image
XXXXXXX 001⋮ Room 187 xx 002⋮ Vincent xx 003⋮ Annoyance

Quincy finally averted his eyes in favor to take in the room. His eyes were glued on the somewhat sizable window where the stars are in clear view. Finally...he would finally get to see the stars on a daily basis. Something about the little twinkling lights made him feel at ease and somewhat calm. Or it was just perhaps a childhood dream coming true - to work surrounded by stars. It had been a childish dream but seeing the stars so close and just separated by a panel of glass made him feel accomplished.

He was rudely jolted aside by his roommate. V-something. Vance? No, that wasn't quite right. Vince? Quincy didn't think that was it, either. Ah, well. He'll learn his name later on. He sent the other male an annoyed glance nonetheless before stepping inside the room, allowing the door to close behind him. A piece of paper was thrown in his direction and he deftly caught it, unfolding the paper and reading whatever text was on it. Ah. So his roommate's name is Vincent.

He briefly wondered if they were going to be training today - to test partner compatibility, among other things. Though, he had a feeling that they would be failing that part since they're not really getting along from the get-go. He pushed his glasses up in consternation, intending on walking towards his bed on the right side of the room when he was hindered by something, or rather, someone.

His eye twitched to see the Fighter lighting a cigarette and getting way too close in his personal space. Not to mention, his name being called out repeatedly was annoying. Quincy tried backing up, but ended up hitting the wall behind him. "You know, Quincey. You should learn how to present yourself when you're around me." Quincy looked up at Vincent, his lips pursing in annoyance, even more so when he heard he lock on the door being activated.

'What the hell-?'

"You and I both now how hard we worked to get our asses were they are today, but I'm not going to work with an uptight goody two shoes like you."

"I should learn to present myself? I'm just fine. You're the one who's stinking up this whole room with your smoking. In addition, trying to cow me with your intimidation tactics? Unfortunately, I've worked with some punks like you back in the academy so I have a pretty good grasp on how to handle people like you."

Quincy bit out, pushing up his glasses, refusing to let the man do as he pleased. And, it seemed as if Vincent wasn't done saying his piece as he went on to add: "When was the last time you...," with somewhat of a lewd voice and Quincy merely gave him a blank stare, almost incredulous, really at the suggestion. Before he could even answer, Vincent had already stepped back and went about making a mess on his side side of the room. He knew that most of the Fighters were somewhat uncouth but this guy...

Quincy exhaled, calming himself down and wondering how long he could last with this partner of his. So far, they had gotten off to a rocky start and he doesn't see it being amended any time soon. In fact, he thought it would probably get worse as time passed. He did his best to ignore the Fighter and approached his bed, taking out his possessions with more delicacy and arranging them on the bed, mentally filing where he would put his books, his notes, his clothes, etc.

OOC: eugh papers. i've had a lot of those last week. i wish you luck!
                          Incarceron

Bunny

Cocky. Vincent liked that. He laughed. The knuckles on his fingers whitened. "Cocky....I like you." His smile wide, eyes dancing with pleasure. His head cocked to the side like a confused dog. "Intimidation tactics? I'm not...." His face faltered slightly, but then smiled and laughed. "Righhtt...intimidation tactics. Nothing else at all....just intimidation." He wiggled his finger his back turning to the male as he flipped through a lot of his stuff, shoving most of his clothing in the small drawer that supplied as a dresser. "Plus...cigarettes don't stink. Flavored once don't smell...unless you don't like watermelon." He licked his lips the cigarette ashes falling to the ground as he flicked it clean.

He smirked and continued "I hope your hand is tight. If not...you might have some broken fingers very soon." He wiggled his fingers at the boy before pulling out the folded uniform and helmet out. The only thing that he never lets wrinkle. He set it on the shelf on the bedside table, the helmet on top. Easy to grab in case of emergencies. The last thing he pulls out is a good old iPod with headphones. He flopped down on his bed, pulling his hair up into a sloppy ponytail/bun and stretched out. The iPod was silent on his stomach as he gaze at the ceiling before the eyes shifted over to the window were the stars twinkled. He yawned and turned on his side. The clock blinking the time of early evening. Training would start bright and early tomorrow, compatibility trials full of simulations and problem solving. He didn't want to be dragged down by some Intelligent that had probably a decent ranking, but to be fifth in his class, Vincent needed to be paired with someone who could handle his fighting skills as well as controlling the ship so that he can just worry about the enemies. Though for all he could know, Quincy may branch off and try remote control leaving Vincent alone in the cockpit. Or Quincy could all together try a different section of like science or research. Then Vincent wouldn't see much actions and would become a guinea pig for Quincy.

A shudder ran down his back and he rolled onto his stomach thinking "Fifth in my class and I end up a guinea pig. ******** no I'm gonna change if that happens." Thus of course it could be completely different if Quincy was top ten in his class. Then a whole lot more options would open up to him. Then that would give Vincent a decent opportunity. Exploring planets that may or may not be inhabited by their enemy. Possibly even capturing an enemy and seeing what they looked like. The fighters were never told what they looked like, the Intelligence may know considering their all the brains and work on the research and s**t.

Vincent didn't bother undressing, bathing or even brushing his teeth. He fell quickly asleep, the trip up to Base Camp took a lot out of him. It was a plane ride, but much worse. Stars dancing in the back of his head as he snored silently, the cigarette burning out in the ash tray on his bedside table.

---
                        ---
                        ---

He was up right as his alarm clock work him up. The soft humming that was only for the person nearest it. It would be too soft for Quincy to hear it but for all he knew, Quincy may be getting up at the same time. He wasn't sure if Intelligence were up before the Fighters or vice versa. He didn't really even care as he checked his screen telling him to wear normal clothing. He crawled out of bed, flinging his dirty clothes on his bed. His hair completely messy. He pulled it out of the mess as he shuffled into the bathroom, brushing it out quickly. He turned the shower on full blast, hot water pouring over his body as he inhaled the steam and quickly washed. Out quickly with a towel around his waste and one on his head as he stepped out into the room. He flipped through his clothing pulling out a fresh pair of underwear and then grabbing the first pair of pants and shirt that his hands landed on.

He rub dried his hair and pulled on socks and shoes before trying to remember how to get back to the main hall that lead to the cafeteria. He had an hour to eat before meeting Quincy in the dock. There they would see their ship...if they kept it and then go from their into compatibility and problem solving. They obviously had to know how each worked or they wouldn't have randomly paired people together. Test scores, reaction time, how one would balance out the other. Maybe Quincy was his opposite and his balance, but he still didn't really like the guy. He copied his tight face for a few minutes as he walked down the hallway catching up to a few newbs of the ship too and they all had a good laugh as they found their way to the cafeteria for some grub and then sitting down and talking about their pairs.

What: cuuute~
Where: Assigned Bedroom

OOC: sorry it took so long XP

emotionally compromised

Demonic Kitten

User Image
XXXXXXX 001⋮ Cafeteria xx 002⋮ Rena & a few other Intelligence xx 003⋮ Calm

Quincy rolled his eyes as Vincent continued to yammer away. He decided to not even respond to the other male, being so focused on putting his things away. So far, all he got from the man were innuendos and invasion of his personal space. He stowed away his books on the small shelf above the bed, stacking them by height. He would’ve arranged it alphabetically but he was feeling tired from the journey from the academy to the Base Camp. His clothing was carefully placed inside the small drawer in the room. There were more items to be unpacked, though they can wait. Quincy pushed his luggage under the bed, making a mental note to unpack his things later on.

A thump from the other side of the room made him straighten up, look at Vincent’s side of the room, and stare at the scene in front of him. The other male had already went to sleep, it seemed. ‘Without cleaning himself up.’ Quincy thought with disdain. Well, he was going ahead and take a shower before bed; the trip had been quite long and he felt as if all that time spent surrounded by recycled air made him dirty. Grabbing a towel and a change of clothes from the drawer, he trudged to the bathroom, shutting the door behind with a soft click. With a deft touch, he slid the lock into place. Normally, he wouldn’t even bother locking the bathroom door but with how Vincent was acting...better safe than sorry.

Quincy thoroughly enjoyed the hot water that washed away all the dirt and grime on his body. Hot showers were perhaps the second thing Quincy liked after naps. After washing the shampoo from his hair and soap from his body, he turned the shower off, reaching for the towel just outside the shower door to dry himself up. He then slipped on his clean clothes, folding his dirty clothes and slipped it through the laundry chute conveniently placed on the wall next to the sink. Towelling his hair dry while simultaneously brushing his teeth, he was soon done in minutes.

Exiting the bathroom, he flipped the light switch by the door, making the room be surrounded by darkness. The only light was the light of the stars filtering inside from the window. Quincy padded to his bed, all the while looking at the stars. A huge part of his was very much excited to be out there - to be surrounded by space and stars. A small part of him was a bit worried at tomorrow’s tests. From what he heard from his upperclassmen back at the academy, it can be straining and stressful for new partners.

“We’ll be fine.”

He repeated what he said to his roommate from the academy to himself, silently, softly. Taking off his glasses and placing them on the bedside table, he got under the covers, letting sleep overtake him.

----

Quincy groggily blinked awake. He wasn’t sure what woke him - a small ping sound? He made a sound of protest at being woken up at - he checked his communication device - 5 in the morning? Noticing a message, Quincy clicked on the blinking message, thinking it was urgent only to find a reminder of what to wear for today. Letting out another groan, he rubbed the sleep away from his eyes. He tried catching a few more minutes of sleep but his body won’t let him and with a sigh, he sat up on his bed and reached for his glasses. A look towards his roommate revealed him to still be asleep and Quincy envied him for that. Just a little bit. With another sigh, he stood up from his bed and went to do his morning ablutions.

Thirty minutes later, Quincy was dressed , his hair combed, his face washed, and his teeth brushed. Slipping into comfortable shoes, he left the shared room without a glance back. Surprisingly, there were already a few people up and about and roaming around. He followed signs to the cafeteria where a fair number of Intelligence and Fighters are gathered. A waving girl grabbed his attention and he walked over to the table full of Intelligence.

“Good morning, Quincy!”

He stared at Rena, wondering how she can be so chipper so early in the morning. He was always a bit out of it in the mornings so he just managed a half-hearted greeting. This prompted a few laughs around the table, used to his habits. “Aww there there, sleeping beauty. Here, I’ve grabbed way too much food, you can have some.” Piped up his roommate from the academy and normally, Quincy was quick to snap at said roommate but he was still out of it.

“Thanks.” He began to pick at the food, bringing small bites to his mouth and occasionally sipping from the glass of orange juice that was handed to him. “So, Quincy, how’s the first night with your Fighter?” Rena asked, leaning forward, interested. At the mention of the Fighter, Quincy twitched, his brow furrowing. “Ah! I take it didn’t go well?” She teased, laughing. Rena was ranked number one in their batch and Quincy respected her a whole lot. He, himself, somehow ranked second. Only because he had worked his a** off. So, he damned deserved being second place.

“He’s been nothing but crude and ill-mannered.”

Quincy deadpanned, drinking the last of orange juice and wiping his mouth with a napkin. “You think everyone’s crude and ill-mannered at first, Quin.” Rena quipped, a softer smile on her face this time. “I’m sure you two will get along. Since you’re such a softy deep, deep, deep, deep down.” She reached out to pinch his cheeks and he shrugged her off in both exasperation and annoyance. “Stop it, Ren.” He reached out to retaliate and pinch her cheeks but she was able to dodge him quickly.

A commotion by the entrance of the cafeteria made Rena look up. “Oh! There’s my Fighter!” Rena exclaimed, waving quite enthusiastically. Curious, Quincy followed her gaze and blanched as he saw Vincent was part of the crowd as well. A Fighter waved to Rena’s way before sitting down with his friends, almost on the opposite side of the cafeteria. “Glad to see that some of us are getting along with their Fighters well.” Quincy commented, rubbing his sore cheek in the process.

“The long-haired one is your Fighter, yeah? My Fighter told me he was your partner. Don’t worry, Quin. I’m sure that you two will get along after the series of tests we’re asked to take.”

“We’ll see.”

In a few minutes, they were to report to their assigned docks where they would participate in tests that lasted the whole day. A whole day with Vincent. Quincy prayed to all the gods that he survive the day.

OOC: it's no problem! how'd your paper(s) go?
                          Incarceron

Bunny

There was a mixture in the group. A few had pairings that they liked, others that were okay and a few that were in his situation. They talked very quietly under their breath about those. Trying to figure out ways of trying to get them to loosen up. Several seemed to know or assumed what their weaknesses were. Vincent wasn't quite sure if Quincy had any. It was a positive and a negative all bundled up into one. To help people asked questions about Quincy, but Vincent couldn't answer any of them. The guy didn't really show any concern or annoyance on his face. Sometimes his eyes could be read, but on the other hand it was like trying to read a book without any words.

"He's such a...." But nothing came to him. He couldn't really describe how he felt. Feelings always seem to cloud his view on things that his hands hung in the air for a little bit before he let out a sigh and lowered them. Other Fighters started throwing out words.

"d**k?"

"Douchebag?"

Vincent waved them all away. "He's just really uptight...er something." They all nodded and the conversation quickly changed. He and his old roommate exchanged glances where Vincent was given a shrug. He let a sigh out and turned back to finishing off his cereal as the conversation was now on the chicks that were in the Fighters.

Eventually his cereal bowl was empty and the conversation was beginning to quiet down as the time ticked closer to leaving. The Fighters were still pretty loud. The newbs mixing with the older crew members that walked around like they had lived with everyone around them their entire lives. A few looked familiar from the academy years before but others he had never seen. Several watches beeped and most of the newbs were all standing, both Fighters and Intelligence. The older crew wishing a few of them good luck as they left. The group Vincent was with split into several different bunches until he was left with just one. They slipped into the elevator with a few Intelligence and crew members who looked like they just woke up. The doors closed and down they went. Small conversations between a few people until the elevator doors opened and a few people excited. They closed again. Further down until finally Vincent and a few others excited.

He was in awe. He had never seen an actually dock full of ships. He had seen a few being made over the years and cockpits to show what his work environment would be like but he had never seen one fully put together. The place was alive with old and new crew members. A few neither Fighters or Intelligence wearing jumpsuits cleaning ships, refueling, or working on them. A man was standing on a box calling for all the new crew members to gather round. Each pair stand together. He hung back not really wanting to join the bunch but eventually he did. He gave no greeting to Quincy. His hands busy pulling his hair back into a sloppy ponytail.

"Good morning and welcome to your first full day aboard the Odyssey." The guy was kind of perky. "I am Captain Brashares. I will be conducting your evaluations today." He nodded and smiled, no one made a noise. "Now before we dive right in, I do have a few things to say to everyone. Intelligence, if you were placed in the top ten of your class, you have a choice of trying more advance simulations with your Fighter. For everyone else, you all have a choice of joining other Branches if you are not interested and finding yourself on the battlefield. If you would like to try these please tell me immediately when I call your name. If your Fighter though happens to have a better compatibility with another Intelligent they will be reassigned and you will gain a Fighter that is more compatible to you and your ranking." He made it sound like everything was okay. "I also need to inform you of one other thing. Some of you will fail. If this happens, you will be asked to gather your belongings and gather in M Dock 1. This will be a tough week people. For all I know, no one in this group will make it." He shrugged, but with a smile on his face. "Right then." He nodded and started calling out pairings and telling them were to go and each pair were lead away by a woman in white dressed almost like a nurse.

"Quincy Abernathy and Vincent Altoviti. Simulation Room 12." Vincent's head turned seeing if Quincy would step forward to inform Captain Barshares of wanting to take advanced simulations or if they were going to stick with the normal ones.

Who: Others / Quincy and Others
What: what shall it be then?
Where: Assigned Bedroom / R Dock 3

OOC: done and turned in.

emotionally compromised

Demonic Kitten

User Image
XXXXXXX 001⋮ Ship xx 002⋮ Vincent xx 003⋮ Challenged

It was time. Rena stood up, followed by the others in their table. Quincy took the tray of food to the receptacle before joining his friends. Group by group, they boarded the lift and for a moment, he lost sight of Rena. Just as he stepped inside the lift, however, Rena was back, followed by her Fighter. “Quin, meet my Fighter. We’ll do well today!” Quincy eyed the Fighter then Rena; whatever Rena did, she did so with excellence so he didn’t doubt their performance today. As for him and Vincent...well...he supposes he’ll find out by the end of the day.

The lift doors opened and a steady stream of chatter greeted them as they stepped out, looking around with amazement at the huge dock. Quincy, himself, was looking around rather excitedly at the multitude of ships. If all goes well today, he, too, would be able to pilot a ship. When the newcomers were instructed to gather around, Quincy tore his eyes away from the ships and joined the fray, listening intently. Vincent stepped up next to him and the only inclination that Quincy acknowledged his presence was with a mere nod before focusing his attention back to the speaker.

From what he understood, there were a set of tests to be completed, however, if he so inclined, he could request for an advanced simulation. Quincy pondered this; he and Vincent hadn’t really talked, much less got along. When he glanced at Vincent, it was to see him looking at Quincy. His gaze almost held a mixture of question and challenge. It was set then - he walked up to Captain Brashares, exchanging a polite greeting before making the request.

“Captain. My Fighter and I want to take part in the advanced simulation.”

The Captain looked at them critically before nodding, “Alright. That can easily be arranged. You two, follow me.”

Quincy glanced back at Vincent before following the Captain into room 12 where there were only two seats. The room was fairly small, though not small enough for Quincy to feel claustrophobic just yet. “Take a seat while I change the simulation.” Was the Captain’s order and Quincy sat on the seat, making himself comfortable. “That should do it.” The holographic panel disappeared after inputting some commands. “You boys can take as much as time as you want completing the simulation. However, when you fail the simulation, you’ll know.” Came his cryptic warning. “Now, wear the helmets.”

Before Quincy had the chance to think on it, however, the Captain left, closed the door behind him and then it was just him and Vincent. “Good luck.” Quincy said to his partner, slipping the helmet over his head and the next thing he knew was darkness.

---

When he came to, it was to him sitting in the cockpit and he felt disoriented at the sudden change. He snapped out of his confusion when their ship was rocked to the side and he would’ve fallen from his seat had he not gripped the armrests. He immediately took stock of the situation. A number of B? No, C class ships attacking them, though their aim is primarily Vincent’s side of the ship. From the view screen, he could see two other ships that he determined were friendlies from the way they were firing at the class C ships.

A warning window popped up to the side and Quincy read it aloud, “Left side of the ship considerably damaged. Shields at 50 percent.” Tsking, he started bringing up command windows, his eyes scanning the different options they had to take out the enemy ships without compromising their firepower and their ship much. “Three class C ships on your side, trying to take out our weapons.” Quincy thought back to his academy days; what was the weakness of class C ships?

“Class C ships usually don’t have much firepower though they do have a hell of a lot of protection to make up for what they lack.” A beam was fired from the fray and Quincy quickly steered their ship out of the way, his eyes keeping track on both enemy ships and friendly ships. “Their weak spot is the bottom of their ship - though it’ll take several shots for their defense to weaken.” Plotting a course while being fired at was a challenge but Quincy believed he could navigate them around the chaos with minimal damage.

“I’ll be sending the coordinates of our path we're going to take.” With a flick of his wrist, he sent the information to Vincent’s side. “I trust that you know what to do from there on out?”

OOC: i hope this isn't too blah ; w ;
                          Incarceron

Bunny

There was some sort of silent agreement between the two. The sourness between the two down the drain as Quincy almost seem to nod and stepped forward to inform of trying the advanced simulations. It made Vincent question what rank Quincy got in his class. He didn't say anything though as the Captain lead them away and someone else finished off reading names from the group. They were lead down a hallway through the Docks and into a doorway that lead to a hall. On the fair side was a set of 12 doors. They were reflected on the other side minus one where the entrance to the docks were. They turned right and was lead into the last room on the left. Only two seats were set up. Each having a helmet on the chairs. A computer sat behind the chairs that would run the simulation.

The two took their seats. Vincent gripping the helmet tightly in his hands. He had heard about the simulations that were given here but never went under. They were similar to the ones at the academy but supposedly you would lose your sense of time as well as the fact that you were in the simulation to see how you would handle the situation and the pressure. While the simulations at the academy were more for learning how to fly the ship as well as learning what the enemy ships looked like as well as battle formations they used.

There was a noise of satisfaction behind him and the Captain came back into view. “You boys can take as much as time as you want completing the simulation. However, when you fail the simulation, you’ll know. Now, wear the helmets." And he was gone.

Vincent took his hair out of the bun and slipped the helmet over his face. His breath fast and loud, he thought as he sat back in the chair. “Good luck.” came Quincy's voice.

Vincent's brain was in overdrive that the only thing that he could say was "You too man." The last thing heard was his uneven breath.

===

The was a beeping noise. It was annoying, his hands were gripping the levers causing them to turn white. Someone was shouting in his hear, Quincy voice come in the other. His screen was blinking and the ship shock as their enemies kept attacking them. He was nibbling on his lower lip as his grip turned into confidence.

“Three class C ships on your side, trying to take out our weapons.”

Vincent turned his head slightly to see Quincy side of the cockpit. They were sitting back to back. Quincy had control of the ship while Vincent was firing away. He cursed softly to himself as the ship rattled. Vincent's eyes narrowed as he tried focusing. Why did everything seem so fuzzy? Now was not the time to question something like that. He took a deep breath in. "Yeah and they're doing a pretty good job at it too!" He kept shooting even though they weren't doing much damage.

“Class C ships usually don’t have much firepower though they do have a hell of a lot of protection to make up for what they lack.”

"Any possibly way of lowering the shield?" The ship jerked just in time as a beam passed quickly by. Sweat broke out on his forehead. "God damn ********] His brain went into auto pilot as his right hand flicked several buttons, his left still gripping a lever just incase.

“Their weak spot is the bottom of their ship - though it’ll take several shots for their defense to weaken. I’ll be sending the coordinates of our path we're going to take." Vincent nodded in agreement even though he knew Quincy couldn't see him. The screen in front of him now was duel screen. His own next to Quincy's. The route was simple, but it was risking taking. He cleared his throat and spoke.

"Anubis to Osiris. Osiris come in."

"Osiris to Anubis...what's up?" His ex-roommate appeared on the bottom right hand of the screen.

"We're about to attempt to take out the ships from the bottom. Cover for us."

His roommate saluted with a cocky smile. "You got it kid. Osiris out." And he was gone. Vincent's right hand now back on the lever.

"I trust that you know what to do from there on out?” Quincy's voice danced over to him.

Vincent smirked. "No, I just happen to get the position of Fighter with no idea what to do." His hands tightened on the levers, ready. "Bring it." His eyes wild with excitement.

What: shhhhiiii....
Where: Simulation of Battle

OOC: it was perfect

emotionally compromised

Demonic Kitten

User Image
XXXXXXX 001⋮ Ship xx 002⋮ Vincent xx 003⋮ Challenged

"No, I just happen to get the position of Fighter with no idea what to do."

“Right.” The corner of Quincy’s lips lifted up in an almost smile at the confident tone.

"Bring it."

Vincent sounded excited and this time, Quincy’s lips lifted in a full smile. He himself was excited for what they were going to do. His hands flew over the console as he entered in the coordinates for the course he had plotted. Once that was done, his right hand hovered over a blue glowing sphere in the middle of the console which served as the steering wheel of their ship.

“We’re moving in.”

With that, Quincy’s hand made contact with the sphere with delicacy. Too much pressure on it would make their flight choppy and jarring while too light of a touch would make the ship move tentatively. The touch should just be right and thankfully, Quincy had a lot of practice back in the academy. They had classes and simulations where they were to pilot a ship and at first, Quincy couldn’t quite get the hang of how much pressure to use when handling the steering. Over time, though, he eventually found the right combination of touch and pressure needed for smooth sailing.

The debris surrounding them made it a bit challenging to navigate their ship around it, Quincy making quick turns for them not be hit. Their ship already possessed considerable damage as it is. He grit his teeth as they neared the underbelly of the class C alien ship; if possible, the debris was even more concentrated around the area. Begrudgingly, he stopped their ship a bit a ways away from the class C ship - a bit short of his intended distance.

“I can’t get any closer. The debris is too concentrated; we’ll do more damage to ourselves than to our enemy if we go into the fray.”

He advised Vincent, directing their ship’s power to their firearms. If they can’t get any nearer, then they’ll just have to compensate and hit harder. “Directed more power to the weapons. Please take care in aiming. Every shot counts right now - since our left side was damaged somewhat, our power source is somewhat...lower than what I’d like.”

He wouldn’t sugarcoat what was going on. Their shields are down to fifty percent; the left side of their ship is considerably damaged; their power reserves are going down with every shot fired. Quincy could see Osiris orbiting around their ship while at the same time attacking the other ship. The third ship - named Sekhmet, from what he could see printed on the side of their ship - was attacking the third ship with ruthless efficiency. At least, all three enemy ships are being taken down simultaneously.

“Be sure to hit the target.” He paused, “Then again, I’m sure you know what you’re doing - getting the position of a Fighter and all that.”

OOC: beep boop
                          Incarceron

Bunny

The ship seemed to be all over the place. The debris from the battle cluttering together blocking paths. Osiris was even having trouble trying to back them up for the debris was really getting all over the place. Quincy took many sharp turns, the objects getting really close to their ship, Vincent felt like any second he would find himself sucked into oblivion and die within seconds. He held his breath wincing every time an object got too close, but Quincy knew what he was doing. There was a sharp breath and the ship slowed.

Questions built up in Vincent's head. They were just a little short from the point of the target. He swiveled in his seat about to shout and Quincy but the Intelligent spoke before he could.

“I can’t get any closer. The debris is too concentrated; we’ll do more damage to ourselves than to our enemy if we go into the fray.”

Vincent cursed softly under his breath, his hands tightening on the levers, eyes narrowing. There was a very slim chance of him hitting them, with the debris and just short of the target there was so many things that could happen. "Osiris, were the ******** are you?" His ex-roommate's voice came in but no an image. "We're in serious trouble at the..." There was static blocking out the voice before it cleared slightly. "Marcus!" There was shouting, a second voice shouting back. "Vincent, we're going to have to retreat. There isn't much life......support....s**t." Crackling.

"Osiris....Osiris do you read me?" Vincent took in a sharp breath, he was beginning to shake. "Ezio?" There was only static now.

“Directed more power to the weapons. Please take care in aiming. Every shot counts right now - since our left side was damaged somewhat, our power source is somewhat...lower than what I’d like.”

Suddenly the ship rattled, Vincent's right hand flying off the lever. "Good cause we just lost the right side of the weapons." His screen flashing red at him as he shook his right hand like it was injured.

“Be sure to hit the target.....Then again, I’m sure you know what you’re doing - getting the position of a Fighter and all that.”

Vincent smirked, but somewhere in the back of his head he thought something wasn't right. This was too easy, way too easy. The enemy should known that the underbelly was the weaker part. There should be ships all around them. Vincent's grip on the lever loosened slightly.

"Quincy...something doesn't seem right." His right hand played with the control panel for a little bit. "Where is everyone?" The ship shuddered throwing Vincent forward slightly, his straps strangling him for a few seconds, his hands gripping the arm rests. His vision was dark, eyes squinting. He tried rubbing his eyes but nothing would clear up.

Light burst between cracks and it hit Vincent hard. "Uh...Quincy." They were being dragged into the enemy's ship. One of their smaller ships had attached their ship to it and was dragging them inside the C ship. "This is not good." His voice was light and soft. Somewhat didn't suit him as his left hand grabbed for the lever but he was thrown back against his seat and the ship was screaming that both weapons were dead. "Quincy!" He yelled now.

Their ship was lead towards a loading dock. Several rows of the enemy already lined up to take their prisoners. As they drew closer Vincent tried making out what the actual enemies looked like. The Fighter's were never told exactly what they were, what they looked like. Only how everything worked. The mechanisms and what now.

Their ship touched down and Vincent peered out. "They're all......humans." Face's were staring back at him. "They can't be! They're way too advanced, no way." He sat back his fingers fiddling with the straps, he turned his head, Quincy in his peripheral vision. "Uh...What now?"

But their came a male's voice, but the language he spoke was unknown to Vincent. It repeated itself several times. Each time in a different language until finally, "Humans...exit your ship with your hands up! Resistance to cooperate will lead to death!"

A high pitched humming noise was now ringing in Vincent's ears. His eyes darting outside before his attention was turned back to Quincy. "You were trained for this situation I hope. Cause I sure, for hell, was not." He let out a really awkward laugh.

What: shhhhiiii....
Where: Simulation of Battle

OOC:

emotionally compromised

Demonic Kitten

User Image
XXXXXXX 001⋮ Enemy Ship xx 002⋮ Vincent xx 003⋮ Anxious yet determined

"Quincy...something doesn't seem right."

Quincy grit his teeth; the moment they had lost contact with Osiris- he snapped his head up, looking at the view screen, his eyes searching for Sekhmet, the third ship. That ship, too, had disappeared. He didn’t know if they were just being hidden by the debris but...to be sure…

“Anubis to Sekhmet. Come in Sekhmet.”

He tried hailing the other ship, but he received static in return. A chill went up his spine; group missions like these rarely ever resulted in missing ships. Considering their ship was built for battle, therefore having a sizable amount of weapons and numerous defenses, it should be hard for a ship - let alone two - to just vanish completely.

Quincy snapped out of his thoughts by the ship shuddering, making him grab for the armrests. There was a sound of something hitting their ship, and then warnings popped up all over his side of the view screen; though, he was pretty sure it was showing on Vincent’s side, as well. His eyes flew over the warnings: all weapons down; shields down to twenty percent; life support decreasing. Their ship was...their ship was...falling apart on them slowly. To make matters worse, they were being dragged into the C class ship.

"This is not good."

He distantly heard Vincent’s comment from behind him but Quincy was too busy weighing their options. Their ship practically dying, they were outgunned. And even if they were able to escape, life support would run out, as well. Fleeing, therefore, was not the wisest choice as of now. He wracked his brain, thinking of what to do. They were getting closer and closer to the loading dock and Quincy gripped the armrests tight enough for his knuckles to be white. Wait-! He could-

"Quincy!"

“I heard you the first time!” Quincy snapped at Vincent, the first time he had really raised his voice since their meeting. “I have a plan. Listen carefully and listen well.” They didn’t have much time. As it was, their ship was already being landed and already, he could see the enemies; they had to hurry.

“This ship of ours, like all other ships from the fleet have a self-destruct system. Now, I don’t exactly know our enemy’s motives for now but let’s say that they want to harvest our ship - to learn the ins and outs.” He looked back to see Vincent peering at the enemies and Quincy snapped his fingers. “Focus!” He snapped, his fingers flying over his control panel.

“They’re advanced, I’ll admit, though they’re a bit behind on their technology. Just a bit.” He waved off the warning signs and pulled up the ship’s information, the pilot’s information (that is, the Intelligence’s information), and the Fighter’s information. With a few well-placed commands, he initiated the system to delete all information. And, within the same minute, launched the self-destruct - five minutes before their ship blows up.

"Humans...exit your ship with your hands up! Resistance to cooperate will lead to death!"

"You were trained for this situation I hope. Cause I sure, for hell, was not."

Quincy paused, unbuckling his seat belt and standing up to face Vincent. “We were trained merely with simulations.” No use lying, if they were partners. “We were taught the language, the different appearances they might take on, and even how to negotiate with the enemies if it came to it. Unfortunately, my strength lies in knowledge and can only go so far with defeating the aliens and without a ship.” He glanced at the countdown timer - four more minutes left; their information still being deleted. “Fortunately, you are here. I can only do so much with what I know. You, on the other hand, can exert brute force if you have to...I’m assuming, anyway.” Another glance at the countdown - three more minutes left. And their personal information deleted. Good.

“When we get out of this ship, we don’t answer anything they ask, got it? Or, if we absolutely have to, leave it to me. We wait for our ship to destruct and then, we make our move.” He motioned for Vincent to stand up, already. Quincy didn't want to be in the ship or near the ship when it self-destructs. “Once our ship blows up, it’ll surely cause confusion and hopefully, disarray - even for just a few minutes. Those few minutes will be critical for our escape. Please knock two of them out; we’ll drag them with us, find an empty room and don their clothing. Easier to move around that way. Ready?”

OOC: beep boop
                          Incarceron

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas