NO POSTING.

Maegnis's Queen

Dapper Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Falling For You 25
User Image

leave xxxx me xxxx at xxxx the xxxx bottom xxxx i xxxx am xxxx lost xxxx forever

letters from the dead say goodbye
xxx sorrows fall upon us xxxxx this will be the last time
xx▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

all will be abandoned - none will shine
xxxxxxxxGATHER THE BROKEN AND LEAVE THIS LIFE))

User Image
                                                      Shots rang out through the air. Most of them fading off into the distance. An explosion sounded as the air around him filled with debris and smoke. His ears were ringing and every sound he was experiencing was muffled. Moving through the building he had his hands clutched on his rifle as his eyes blinked repeatedly. Shaking his head he tried to foucs himself, tried to gain his senses back from the shock of the grenade that had went off.

Stepping in something wet he looked down and saw the pool of blood that was beginning to form under a fresh corpse. One that was clothed in the same attire he was in. Bending down on one knee he outstretched his hand towards the neck of the person looking for a pulse, but found nothing. Turning them over he looked down into the eyes of one of his friends. Closing the man's eye lids he continued forwards knowing that he didn't have time to stop.

Kicking open the door he moved into the next room, frozen in place at the scene before him. In the middle of the room knelt a woman and before her was a young child, no older than six. Strapped to the child was a bomb, the time on it ticking. His eyes looked to the child who appeared to be frightened, her big brown eyes staring back into his blue ones. The woman was yelling, tears flooding her face as she screamed at him in her language, begging for him to help her daughter, pleading on her knee's.

" Black ! " a voice came over his radio. " Get out of there abort the mission ! Will ! Will !"

--

"Will." His eyes snapped open. Looking up at the man that was calling his name it was his friend. "We're back..we're home. You've been asleep the whole flight man. " he said as he patted him on the shoulder and then headed towards the exit.

Will let out a sigh as he rose from his seat. Grabbing his bag from the overhead compartment, he made his way towards the exit. When he got to the door of the plane he looked out at the airport. It was raining hard and he didn't have a jacket or umbrella, only the black t-shirt and jeans that he was wearing, and the duffle bag in his arms. Letting out another sigh he made he way out of the plane, the rain falling down on him as he slowly got soaked.

So far his plan was to get a taxi and take it ho me. He lived, well used to live, in a town outside of the city and the taxi would probably cost him close to a hundred dollars. It wasn't as though he had much of a choice either way. Thankfully he had some money on him that he would hopefully be able to pay the taxi.

As he walked through the airport towards the front doors, he watched as other people were greeted by their families. Wives, sons, daughters, mothers, fathers. William didn't have any of that. Although he still had his sister, she told him she wasn't able to meet him at the airport because of an important meeting at work. William didn't mind, he knew his sister had a life and didn't expect her to drop everything because of him. In fact, he didn't expect her to do anything for him. After everything William had done when he was younger, he was surprised that his sister offered for him to live her with in their old house.

As he walked through the airport he paused when he thought he heard somebody call his name. Looking around he figured he must have been hearing things because there wouldn't be anyone waiting for him.

Hallowed Gekko

User Image

What woman am I?... I can hear them whisper... A plum without a stone... Empty honeycomb...xBut when the bow breaks... Im awakened singing... Sleep my little longing... Til I find you a home...

User Image

”Yes…. Yes, of course. No, no it’s no problem at all…. Yes, I’m positive…. Alright, you’re welcome… yea, I’ll talk to you later… okay, bye.” Elizabeth pressed the end button on her phone repeatedly to making sure the call was over before she heavily sat down on the chair at the dining room table. She took deep, long breaths with her eyes closed and her hard hands clasped together, visibly trembling. Her thoughts were sporadic and she knew she had to get a hold of herself before…

”Honey, what’s wrong?” Dammed. Ellie barely cracked a flickering smile to her fiancé. She stood quickly and placed her hands behind her back, attempting to hide the jolting of her muscles. ”Nothing’s wrong….” and he glared at her, seeing through her lie. Honestly she didn’t know why she tried anymore, Zack always saw through her façade. With a deep sigh she bent her eyes carefully towards the wall and spoke with a difficult lack of emotion, ”Do you remember William Black? Liara’s younger brother?” Zachariah forced her to look into his eyes, the soft chocolate colour of them relieving her slightly. Zack knew of the feelings she’d had for Will all those years ago and saw quickly that those memories were flooding her mind. ”Army boy, of course I remember him. The whole town chatters about him losing his mind over there,” he lost his eye contact with her, knowing he shouldn’t have said that. So caught up in her emotions she couldn’t feel anger towards him. ”Well, he’s coming home today. Liara can’t pick him up…” Ellie allowed her sentence to trail off. Zack looked at her again, his eyes wary, but she could see he was trying to understand. They embraced and she gave him a thank you kiss.

The drive to the airport wasn’t too long in her mind, but she wasn’t really paying attention. The heavy rain and sudden gusts of wind seemed to match her turbulent emotions. Ellie couldn’t even remember the last time she’d seen Will, how many years ago it was. Occasionally she was ripped from her thoughts when she’d start to hydroplane, but she kept control and once the wheels had a grip again she’d be swallowed again with feelings and memories. Once she parked she took a good few minutes to regain her composure, or as much of it as she could, then she slipped out into the rain with the black umbrella. Her low heels clicked as she hurried her pace, dodging puddles and avoiding splashed from other cars. Soon she was inside by the baggage claim where other families were as well. All were murmuring among themselves but, as the flight she was waiting for was announced on-time and on the tarmac, a camaraderie and elation filled the room. Ellie caught herself being elated too, a smile spreading on her features as she crowded near where the soldiers were exiting.

When her bright blue eyes set upon him she knew right away it was him, but he looked so different from her memories. Rugged and worn down, his eyes looked lost in some faraway place. It pained her to see him like that, but all her old feelings for him resurfaced at once. Ellie began to spin the engagement ring on her finger to remind her of the love she had for Zack, but she was finding it hard. Taking a deep breath she called out softly, ”Will!" He looked around confused and she fought her way through the hugging, crying, laughing flocks of families. ”William!” she called again, louder this time, as she got closer. Finally she was in front of him and she stopped. What was she supposed to do? She wanted to run at him and leap into his arms but knew she couldn’t. So she stayed there planted with eyes glued to his own and began to murmur bashfully, ”Hey, it’s been a long time… its Ellie… Liara told me you were coming home today and she couldn’t pick you up so…. Here I am.” She found her arms up in a shrug, and mentally kicked herself for the introduction. Of course he knew it was her…. Right?

████xxx████xxx████xxx████xxx████xxx████xxx████xxx████xxx████xxx

Sleep a little while, my little longing... A lullaby to rock you, safe from all harm... My bows are heavy laden, laden with longing... Longing to rock you... Out of these arms. And when the sun has brought a bright morning... And my love he rocks me safe in his arms... Im happy that youre gone, my little longing... For a seed sown out of season will only do us harm...

Maegnis's Queen

Dapper Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Falling For You 25
User Image

leave xxxx me xxxx at xxxx the xxxx bottom xxxx i xxxx am xxxx lost xxxx forever

User Image
                                                      There was his name again. There was no way that he was imagining it. Looking right he saw a brunette woman starting to run towards him. His eyes squinted for a moment as he tried to see who it was, but the moment his eyes locked with hers he immediately recognized the woman running towards him.

" Ellie.. " he said quietly to himself before she reached him.

When she finally did, he found his lips curl into a small smile as she spoke of who she was, as if he didn't remember her. Of course he did, she was his best friend when they were younger. They were always close, growing up together since they were six years old. Unlike everyone else, Elizabeth never abandoned him when he was in his teenager years. She always stood by his side even when he messed up. And she was there for him when his parents died. There was no way he could forget who she was.

" Ellie... it's been so long." he said softly with a smile on his face.

Will was overwhelmed with the feeling that surged through him at the moment. Being able to see her, to be greeted by his closest childhood friend had restored some hope in him, that maybe returning home wasn't such a bad idea. He was glad that he didn't have to go home alone now and that she had come to pick him up.

" My god.. you look so different." he said as he looked her up and down, but his gaze didn't linger too long he didn't want her to think he was looking at her inappropriately. " Come here." he said as he outstretched his arms and pulled her into a light friendly hug.

Letting her go he looked down at her again with a small smile on his face. Thunder roared as there was another flash of lightning. Looking out the window he looked back to her. " We should get to Iverstown before the storm gets worse and the main road is flooded. " he said to her with a small nod of his head.

Walking beside her, he glanced down at her again. " I didn't expect to see you here waiting for me. My sister told me she wouldn't be able to get me, so I was going to take a cab into town. " he explained. " I have to admit, I like this option better." he said with a smile as he looked at her.

It really was nice to see her again. To see a friend.

Hallowed Gekko

User Image

What woman am I?... I can hear them whisper... A plum without a stone... Empty honeycomb...xBut when the bow breaks... Im awakened singing... Sleep my little longing... Til I find you a home...

User Image

When he hugged her she squeezed him tight. He was her best friend for all those years and now they were reunited. It was unbelievable. She noticed his own hug was light, and let him go quickly. ”We’ve both changed… look at you! All grown up…” she stopped herself from continuing. They hadn’t parted on the best of notes, she did remember that much… but she’d gotten past that a long time ago. For now she was just glad to see him.

Ellie’s eyes followed his own after a bright flash lit up the open room, followed then by the low, deep grumble of thunder. It was a relaxing sound. She looked to him as he said they should get going. Yea, he was right. ”You’re right. It wasn’t too bad the way here, I only skimmed across the puddles a few times.”

Her blue eyes looked up to him as they walked with a small smile on her own face. ”Yea, she called me just this morning to see if I’d get you. Silly question for her to ask, but regardless. It’s so amazing to see you again.” The emotions were trying to get the best of her again, but she hushed them. Going outside she released her umbrella, holding it up to cover both of them. It was silence to her car, not quite awkward or uncomfortable but… odd. They never used to have a moment of silence between them.

Once inside her car and driving she looked at him again. ”Honey, you’re soaking wet, you’re going to catch a cold,” her paternal instinct kicked in. She was always taking care of him as children, even though he was a year older. Wow, that made him twenty seven years old… the time seemed to pass quickly, too quickly. Though a little dangerous, she reached into the back seat and pulled forward a blanket, tossing it on him. The quiet continued and she didn’t know how to break it.

They passed by a restaurant then and she beamed. ”Oh! I don’t know when Liara is going to be home, but please stay and eat with us! I’ll call her and invite her as well if she’s in town. She’s always so busy… But, you must! I’ll make your favourite… though you’ll have to jog my memory on what that is. I’m sure Zack would love to meet you!” Oh right, he didn’t know she was engaged… or did he? And did Zachariah and Will know each other? She couldn’t be sure.

Sleep a little while, my little longing... A lullaby to rock you, safe from all harm... My bows are heavy laden, laden with longing... Longing to rock you... Out of these arms. And when the sun has brought a bright morning... And my love he rocks me safe in his arms... Im happy that youre gone, my little longing... For a seed sown out of season will only do us harm...

Hallowed Gekko

User Image

woe to you, oh EARTH and SEA
For the DEVIL sends the b e a s t with wrath
Because he knows the time is s h o r t

User Image

”La!*{1}” he shouted, hand coming down hard on the table in front of him. The green eyed male stared hard at the brown associates. ”Facuat laaen wow aladee meet la yEINee Anunee suuf tateeh lik alsser Ayla layee!*{2}” His voice was deep and gruff, even as he spoke fluidly there was an underlying growl present. None of the three counterparts with red and white checkered Kufiyat adorning their heads spoke or looked phased. Drake on the other hand, he was angry and his teeth were grit tight, eyes set hard on the men. One moved then, placing his fingers into a steeple and holding them in front of his mouth.

Carefully and calmly he spoke. ”Shaqeeq, wunhih la nasAYea ilea ilkutuudah AYlea lik. Huda huu saafqah Ahadlah.”*{3}

”Bullshit! Get them out of my sight!” he ordered, the three men behind him moving forward to herd the associates out of the room. Each had red white and blue handkerchiefs covering their faces and sunglasses covering their eyes, M4 carbines in hand. They were tall and well built, like Drake was, but they were thicker. ”Tijruu AYlea iTdahar wujhak mirah akhrea, wow ana shikhuseea suf tikhafss tashEINeelahwu.*{4}” he called after them, voice low and threatening.

”Alsibit, shaqeeq!*{5}” the man same from earlier called before disappearing through the door jam.

Drake sat down heavily in the chair he’d risen from in anger. "AlauAhadt,*{6}” he mumbled in a sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration. Saturday, of course. The day of his father’s funeral… of course that was the day these dogs choose to make the deal. And he had to agree or it’d be him in the ground next. He growled and grabbed the nearest object, a brandy glass with the brown liquid in it, and threw it towards the door. It shattered and the glass shards sprayed like a sunburst. He’d rip out his hair if he’d let it grow. Dealing with terrorists, he never wanted to be a part of it. Yet they killed his father and he was next in line. His teeth were still grit together when a new figure, not one of the bodyguards, came in.

”What the hell now?!” he screamed without looking up from his slumped posture.

*{1} No! *{2} Just because my father is dead does not mean I will let you walk on me. *{3} Brother, we are not trying to step on you. This is a fair deal. *{4} Dare show your faces again and I will personally cut them off. *{5} Saturday, brother! *{6} Bastards.

[[I got bored... I hope you don't mind. Figured it'd be an easy way to bring her in. If you ahd something else in mind, just tell me. I'll take no offense to it. ^^ ]]

████████████████████████ ███ ███ ████████████████████████

Let him who HATH u n d e r s t a n d i n g
                        RECKON the number of the beast

Maegnis's Queen

Dapper Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Falling For You 25
User Image

User Image
                                                      Will only shrugged when she said that he would get sick from being wet. He didn't mind all too much, but she insisted that he do something about it by tossing a blanket at him. Covering himself with a small sigh he only smirked, doing it so that she wouldn't keep concerning herself even thought he felt fine. Looking over at her when she spoke, he was taken aback by her sudden invitation to go over to her house. And there was a mention of a name.

"Zach?" he questioned in no tone specific.

That was when his gaze casually wandered over to her hand on the steering wheel. Spotting the ring on her finger his eyebrow raised as he figured she was talking about her fiancee, considering she was engaged and that would be the only other person that could be living with her for him to meet.

" I'd love to but.. I think that I just wanna go home tonight. Get settled it. It's been a long flight.. and a long time since I've been home. " he said as he looked out the window at the passing scenery through the rain. " Besides, I've kinda missed my sister and I'm sure she'll want a long night of lecturing me." he said with a light laugh as he knew that his sister must have missed him as well.

" Rain check?" he asked as he looked over at her, hoping that she wouldn't be upset at the deny of her offer.

In truth, he was exhausted and wanted to go straight to bed when he got home. Even though he knew sleeping was a horrible experience for him now, he still felt like resting. As he looked through the window he saw the sign for Iverstown come up and a sense of nostalgia hit him as he remembered when he saw that sign the last time. He was going the opposite way, leaving the small town and heading to the city where he left on a plane for six years.

" You know.. I never though I'd be coming back here." he said glancing over at her. " If it wasn't for my sister convincing me.. I don't know where I would have gone instead." he said again.

It was true, he hadn't planned to ever return home. Especially because it didn't feel like home to him anymore.

Maegnis's Queen

Dapper Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Falling For You 25
User Image

▒▓██████████████████████████████████████████████
                            xxxx : You look like a perfect fit, for a b o y in need of a tourniquet
                            ✂ - - - - - BUT CAN YOU SAVE ME !
                            xxxxxxxxxxx Cmon and save me
                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you could save me ⇣
                            xxxxxxxxxxxxx ››x from the ranks of the freaks
                            xxx ( Who suspect, they could never love anyone
                            )
                            xxxxxxxxxxxx
                            ██████████████████████████████████████████████▒▓

User Image

Hanging up the phone, she let out a relieved sigh. Glad that someone would be picking up her brother she knew that she could count on Elizabeth. She really was a reliable person, not to mention a close family friend. Besides, if it wasn't Liara than she was sure that William wouldn't mind it was Elizabeth who picked him up. Hopefully he would be happy with the woman's appearance at the airport. Either way, that was something she would deal with later, there were other things she needed to focus on at the moment.

Sitting in her office, she looked out the window at the view of the city for a brief moment before returning her attentions to her computer screen. Her fingers flew across the keyboard as she scanned through several different documents and processed money orders. Entering data and validating money transfers, she may have seemed calm and relaxed whilst she did her work, but it was very dangerous work at that. Even though it was numbers and computer keys, it was very important. As the assistant to an arms dealer, she had a lot of responsibilities and a lot fell on her shoulders. She was in charge of making sure everything went smoothly, and also she was in charge of the money transactions that went between the arms dealer and his clients.

Of course, all of this was on top of her responsibilities as a CIA agent working under cover as the arms dealers assistant. Working hard to get deep within the criminal ring and undermine it as well as expose it enough so that the CIA could move in and catch the terrorist groups that would pose a threat to their country.

Balancing both her fake, and real life Liara was charged with a lot of responsibilities. Working undercover was no easy task and she was good at it. Professional at her job she could talk her way through almost any situation and she was very smart. It helped keep her alive thus far and helped her earn the position she had. Liara was not to be underestimated.

After downloading a few files she removed the USB key from her computer and grabbed files on her desk. Walking from her office down the hall ,her heels clicked against the hard ceramic floor as she wore her usual attire which consisted of a black skirt with a white blouse and a black jacket over top. Her long chocolate brown hair was pulled back into a bun and her glasses rested on her nose. Strapped to her thigh was her best friend, her gun.

Stopping in front of Drake's office she entered slowly only to be greeted by a very pissed off man. Sighing lightly she approached his desk and placed the files on top of it as well as the USB key.

" Well aren't you pleasent this afternoon." she commented rather coldly.

Although he was a dangerous arms dealer, it was only by title . After recently aquiring the family business from his father who had died, Drake wasn't completely running the company. Not yet at least. In fact, she was running the company more than he was at the present moment. Liara knew that he never asked for the responsibility of being an arms dealer, but it went beyond choice. His life was on the line if he didn't take up his fathers duty and ensure that the right people got the right things. In other words, without Liara he would probably have been dead by now.

" Those are the files on our new investor's. I have meetings scheduled with both of them already. One is a week from today, it will take place in Chicago and the other is two weeks from now and it will take place in Vancouver. Hotels, flights and bank accounts have already been set up and taken care of ." she paused. " That there is the recent transaction from our last clients. The money cleared. Half of it is in an off shore account that has been validated, and the rest resides in our account at the Palace Bank in New York." she said.

Crossing her arms over her chest she eyed him. It was obvious that he was upset and she figured it had something to do with his recent visitors. " What do you want to do about your fathers funeral? No doubt they will be there as a ' friendly ' reminder." she said. " I can put in a call to the local police force and have them send an extra squad to cover the cemetery. SWAT if need be. Or will your own personal guard suffice ?' she asked him again.

Though she knew it wasn't something he wanted to talk about, she knew that it had to be done for safety purposes.

Hallowed Gekko

User Image

User Image

Ellie had tensed a bit, waiting for his reaction. Would he be mad? Happy? Even, maybe, sad? But he just asked tonelessly. She inwardly sighed, ”Uh, yea, Zachariah Hall… I got engaged this last year…” she let her voice trail off, the deep rumble of thunder resonating in the hole feeling in her chest. Her fingers flexed on the steering wheel as she felt his gaze on her hand and kept her eyes set straight ahead on the wet road.

A smile frown crossed her features but she quickly masked it with a half hearted smile. ”No, of course I understand. I’d want to do the same thing. We’ll catch up another time.” Her blue eyes glanced towards him, meeting his own. There was something about them, they looked… hurt. That might just be her psychiatry training kicking in though. With a smile she agreed, ”Rain check.”

It was silence again, and again she found it odd. Yet she couldn’t make herself break it. Ellie really had no idea what to say to him. Ask about the war? Terrible idea. What else was there to ask about? She thought through what she knew of the military and considered asking what rank he was now, or the bases he’d been stationed at. Before she could open her mouth he’d begun talking. Thank God.

The brunette felt his feelings on the subject. When she left to study she never saw herself coming back. Too many memories. Yet now she was there, and with her fiancé. Thoughtfully she chewed her lower lip as they passed by the sign into their little city. ”Well, she began slowly, ”I for one, your sister for two, are very glad to have you back. I know she’s missed you and… well, I did too. I didn’t have my best friend to help me with so many life decisions,” and she again flexed her left hand. If Will had stayed would she have ever even have meet Zack?

It didn’t take her long to find Liara’s home. Pulling into the driveway and shutting off the car she sat in silence for a moment. Looking at him gently she smiled. ”Well, home sweet home.” Stupid thing to say. Before he got out she remembered something and called out a soft ‘wait!’ Fumbling through her purse, she opened her wallet and grabbed a small white business card. ”It’s got my cell number on it, call me anytime hun.” It also held the number to the office she worked at and Ellie hoped that, if need be, he’d call. The rumors that spread through town—she wasn’t sure if there was any credibility to it. But if there was, her card told him ”Dr. Elizabeth Nightingale, specializing in Bipolar Disorder, Obsessive Compulsion Disorder, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.” She’d leave it for him to approach her about though.

Hallowed Gekko

User Image

woe to you, oh EARTH and SEA
For the DEVIL sends the b e a s t with wrath
Because he knows the time is s h o r t

User Image

When he heard the familiar and cold voice of Liara, he looked up. ”I’d watch your tone if I were you, Black,” he commented back with the same ice in his voice. He rarely thanked her for the job she did, that’s just how it worked.

He listened to her explaining all the hoopla and jibber-jabber. Honestly he had no idea what he was doing. But he never let anyone else know that. Only his father would have known, and it was because his father never taught him any of this. Drake knew about guns inside and out, he could put one together in a speed that rivaled the best military men. It was business that he had no idea about. This business, at least. Gambling was his personal skill set. And now he’d be dealing with terrorist sects in so many different locations.

Then she had to go about and mention his father’s funeral. He stood in anger again, about to cuss her out. He stopped himself quickly, hand balled into a fist in mid-air and his eyes were squeezed shut. The stress of this new job was obviously getting to him. ”You can call in whoever you want, but only plain clothes. They see a uniform and they’ll kill everyone there,” he spoke with a difficult lack of anger. ”My father had many friends as a professional businessman; they won’t recognize a few added faces.”

Drake stomped around the office, wondering how his father had managed to pull off an arms business and a normal, everyday business at the same time. It was ridiculous to abide by all the laws so carefully on one side as to not raise concern about all the illegal activity underneath. Pinching the bridge of his nose again, he took a moment to look out the window at the city, grey and muddled with distorted images from the rain. It was a peaceful sight. The thought of someone turning this business upside-down was not so peaceful

”You know, Liara… it’s been some time since I’ve smelt a skunk,” and he turned to look at her with hard set features. He pulled his silver Glock that was in his waistband and looked at it thoughtfully as he walked over to his assistant. Ah the Springfield .45, his favourite weapon to threaten with. Slowly he pushed her with her back against the wall and held it under her jaw, using his other hand to hold one of her own. ”Your next job,” he purred seductively. Leaning down he began to kiss her neck. It was most woman’s weak spot, he’d found in his years of seducing every girl he wanted. He let his teeth drag over her skin ever so slightly, another threatening gesture, then brought his lips next to her ear to whisper. ”..is to find it. I know we have one here,” he pushed himself against her a little more, ”and you have a month to find it… and kill it. Or one of our friendly associates from earlier... If you don’t come to me with hard evidence and blood, I’ll kill you. Drake nipped at her ear, pushing the Glock harder into her throat. ”After all, you’re easily replaceable. Everyone is, even my father… a finger in water, he used to say. Remove the finger… that’s you, and the water acts as if you weren’t ever there… I’m the water.” His voice was sickeningly charming and sweet, even though his words carried a death threat. And he was serious.

The phone buzzed and his secretaries voice came through;”Sir, Mr. Herp-Derp is on the line for you, line 1.” Drake released Liara with a Cheshire grin on his face, putting the Glock back in his waistband and fixing his coat over it. Dismissing her with a wave of his hand, he sat at his desk again, picking up the receiver and pressing the blinking light. ”Good afternoon Mr. Herp-Derp, how may I help you today?” His voice was a professional’s and he winked at Liara before spinning his chair to look out the window. ”No sir, I believe you misunderstood. We at Everett Industries offer…”

████████████████████████ ███ ███ ████████████████████████

Let him who HATH u n d e r s t a n d i n g
                        RECKON the number of the beast

Maegnis's Queen

Dapper Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Falling For You 25
User Image

User Image
                                                      He felt a pang of guilt when she mentioned that her best friend wasn't around to help her with so many big life decisions. Though, he was certain that wasn't the first feeling of guilt that he was going to have. He always felt guilty for leaving without telling anyone, without telling her. It was a decision he made on the spot and one that had probably saved him a lot of trouble back home. Though his life took a different turn since he joined the army, he still was unsure if he regretted his decision to leave all those years ago.

When they pulled up to his house, he looked out the window at it. It was as he remembered, even the plants in front garden were the same. Looking over at her when he called home sweet home he nodded his head slowly. Though he wasn't sure if he could call it home yet. Outstretching his hand he opened the door but stopped when she called to him. Accepting the card that she held out to him he looked down at it reading the contents slowly. Nodding when she said that he could call her any time.

" Well, thanks again." he said. " I'll talk to you soon." he said with a nod of his head before getting out into the rain again.

Moving to the front door, he turned at the sound of her car starting as he waved his hand and watched her back out and drive down the street. Turning to face the door he sighed lightly as he remembered that he didn't have a key to get in and his sister wasn't home. Sighing lightly he moved across the porch and bent down pulling up a loose wooden board. Under it was a spare key as he smirked and picked it up. Once he unlocked the door he entered the home and took a few steps in slowly, placing the key on a nearby table and closing the door behind him.

As he walked in he looked around, the familiar scent of his home triggering a major sense of nostalgia as he walked past the entrance of the living room. The furniture was new and the decorations more modern. It seemed his sister had put in a lot of hard work to the house. The kitchen too, was remodeled. Though, even with the improvements everything still seemed the same as the day he left.

Walking upstairs, his footsteps echoed through the empty house. Approaching his room he paused in front of the door before pushing it open hesitantly. He was surprised to see that everything was the same as he had left it. His bed, his desk, dresser - even action figures stood on the same shelves and his guitar case rested against the far wall. Smirking as he walked in he placed his bag on hi bed and sat down on it slowly looking around.

Maybe he really was home.

Maegnis's Queen

Dapper Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Falling For You 25
User Image

▒▓██████████████████████████████████████████████
                            xxxx : You look like a perfect fit, for a b o y in need of a tourniquet
                            ✂ - - - - - BUT CAN YOU SAVE ME !
                            xxxxxxxxxxx Cmon and save me
                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx if you could save me ⇣
                            xxxxxxxxxxxxx ››x from the ranks of the freaks
                            xxx ( Who suspect, they could never love anyone
                            )
                            xxxxxxxxxxxx
                            ██████████████████████████████████████████████▒▓

User Image
                                Her free hand hovered lightly over her thigh where her weapon was strapped. Feeling the cold end of the gun against her throat and his lips against her neck she inhaled slowly and looked at him, listening as he spoke. The man was good with his words, very convincing with his threats. Well.. even more so because she knew that he would carry them out. He was more ruthless than his father had been when it came to employee's. He treated them as if they were all expendable, which they were to a point. Then there were those who weren't so easily expendable. For example there were some weapon specialists they had from different countries selected for the job by his father and her personally because they were the best of the best in the world but she knew that he would dispose of them in an instant if he chose too which wouldn't benefit them at all.

Although he may possess the right attitude for the job, he definitely didn't know how to lead it. Not yet anyway. In time she was sure he would catch on and learn how to properly run the business and bring his name back up to the best and most dangerous arms dealer in the world.

Watching as he walked over to his desk she let out a breath that she didn't realize she was holding. Although she was deep within the organization and she had power, but when it came t him it wasn't as though she could tell him what to do. At least with his father she had some control of things. And now with him, her job just got a whole lot harder.

Sparing him a glare she exited his office and shut the door behind her. Standing in the hallway she took a moment to gather herself. He was suspicious that there was someone in the organization who was a rat. Getting a bit nervous that he was on to her, he figured he couldn't have known. There was no way. She covered all of her actions and there was no way that even if someone followed her they would know who she truly was. Even though her real name was being used, it worked. Liara had been given a fake past and a fake life one that even if they tried to look into it would fit. The only person she had left in her family was her brother and he was stated as dead.

Walking towards her office she entered it and gathered her things. It was time for her to head home as it was getting late and she had completed her work for the day. Leaving the building she got into her Mercedes and headed home. As she was on her way home she took out one of the disposable phones she had and dialled a number.

" It's me. Yeah.. they want me to find out who the mole is. I know.. it's not good. I guess we have no other choice. Yeah.. okay, bye. " she said as she hung up the phone, rolled down the window and then threw it out.

It wasn't long before she reached her home. Pulling into the driveway she locked the door with a ' beep beep ' and then headed inside. Putting her keys in their usual place she put her purse down and took off her jacket. Letting out a sigh she pulled out her phone as she sent a few messages to Drake about business related things.

Hearing the sound of things moving in the kitchen she looked up and put her phone down slowly. Reaching for the gun on her thigh she took it out and held it in front of her. Approaching the kitchen slowly she stopped when she got to the entrance. Turning she looked inside and saw Will standing at the stove cooking. Lowering her weapon she put it in a drawer quickly before she stepped into the kitchen.

" Will.. " she said slowly. Turning around Will saw her and smiled as they both embraced each other. " I've missed you so much ." she said into his collar as she held him tightly to her. Pulling away she looked up at him with some tears in her eyes. " I'm so glad you're home. I missed you ." she said as she hugged him again, smiling as she noticed that she had made them dinner.

Liara and Will spent the night catching up. It was nice for her to have family with her again. Liara was happy, for the first time in a long time.

(( i'm thinking we can go to the next day from here ? ))

Hallowed Gekko

User Image

User Image

It was difficult to leave Will there, outside his house in the rain. But Ellie knew that if she didn’t pull out and drive away that he would have stayed there for the same amount of time. Once she turned away down another street, out of view, she began trembling. Knowing she couldn’t go home to Zack in her condition, she pulled into an abandoned parking lot. turning her car off, she leaned her seat back as far as it would go, getting as close to lying down as she could manage, listening to the sound of the rain pound on the metal exterior of her vehicle. Most of the time she sat in silence, just listening to the rain. Some of the time the tears streamed down her face quietly. Sometimes she sobbed hysterically, and a few times she flailed and screamed until her voice was hoarse. Eventually she lost enough energy that she drifted into an uneasy sleep.

Ellie awoke to her phone ringing loudly, and she scrambled to get it. It was Zack, wondering where she was. She used the excuse the rain had flooded part of the road, and that she would be home soon. After some water her throat felt better, but her eyes were still red and puffy from the tears. She figured she could pull it off as an emotional reunion. Which it was, but not one that was expressed while they were together. In fact, even after her years of training and practice, she had no idea why she felt the way that she did. Regardless, that was the excuse that she used when she got home. Ellie made Zack his favourite meal, and he noted that she was being extra loving; not that he was complaining. And in truth, she was. She was trying to convince herself that she loved her fiancé wholly and undoubtedly. By the end of the night she had convinced herself that she loved him 80% truly; it was that last 20% that kept her in an uneasy sleep, and when she awoke in the morning she was barely rested.

She went about her morning routine like a bit of a zombie, everything was mechanical and slow. The only extra addition was the bit of cover-up under her eyes to hide the lack of sleep. Kissing Zack goodbye, she left for work. It didn’t take ridiculously long for her to pull up the building; it looked… overly comfortable. But that was its intention. Elizabeth took a deep breath then put on her best smile walking through the doors and greeting her coworkers. Sitting in her office, she shuffled through some papers that were there for her, then collected herself for her first appointment; a young blonde woman that suffered from Rapid Cycling Bipolar Disorder. And then her life fell back into the rut she so desperately craved and hated.

[[OOC:: sounds good to me! though i don't know how i will reintroduce drake. XP
                                          Edited!~ ]]

Maegnis's Queen

Dapper Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Falling For You 25
User Image

User Image
                                                      William woke up with a start. Sitting straight up in his bed he had his bed sheets clutched between his fingers so tight that his hands were white from the pressure. Breathing heavily, sweat was dotted across his fore head as his chest rose and fell quickly. Looking around he soon realized that he was in his own bed, something that he wasn't used to. Calming his breathing he ran some fingers through his hair and released the bed sheets he had clutched in his fingers. It was the same dream that was keeping him from sleeping properly at night. Ever since that incident, William didn't sleep more than three hours a night without waking up screaming, or just not falling asleep at all.

Pushing the blankets off of him he decided to have a shower and get ready for the day. By the time he made it to the kitchen he realized that his sister had already left for work. They spent the night catching up on the six years that they had been out of each others lives. At first, he knew that she was mad when he left to join the army without telling anyone, but she soon sent him letters and they kept in touch more or less. Of course, there were some things that he left out of their conversation from the previous nights. Such as the nightmares he had, and the things he had seen in the war. Though, he was happy to hear that she went to university and graduated with a degree and now worked at one of the most prestigious banks in the city. He was proud of her, and he knew that their parents would have been proud of her as well. Looking to the table he saw that she left him a note,

Will,

I have to go grocery shopping. There's cereal in the cupboard and bread and meat for sandwhiches. I'll grab something on the way home for dinner.

Sorry !

Liara.
                                                      xoxo

Will smirked as he walked over to the cupboard and took out a bowl, then poured himself some cereal. As he walked around eating his minnie wheats, he saw the card that Ellie had given him on the counter. Approaching it he stared at the card and continued to eat his cereal. He thought about calling her, but decided against it figuring that she was busy. He still stood there however and stared at the card. Picking it up he tapped it with his thumb but put it down.

After he was done eating he went into the living room and began to flip through the channels on the television. Looking over his shoulder he could still see the card on the counter in the kitchen. Sighing, he turned back to the T.V and continued to flip through the channels, even though there was nothing good on daytime T.V.

After several more minutes he grabbed the phone and walked over to the counter, picking up the card. Looking at it, he dialed the number and let it ring once before hanging up and placing the phone on the counter beside the card. Leaning on his elbows he ran his fingers through his hair and rubbed the back of his neck letting out a sigh. Staring at the card he shook his head at himself. He was acting like a teenage boy who never spoke to a girl before. All he wanted to do was call his friend that he hadn't seen in six years.

Picking up the phone he dialed the number again. The secretary answered and said that Ellie was with a client. Leaving a quick message he soon hung up the phone and shook his head slowly at how silly he was being. After that, he put on a sweat shirt and sweat pants and exited his home. Pulling up the hood he decided to go a for a jog. It would give him time to think, and he would still be able to keep up with his daily regime of physical exercise. Of course it wouldn't be like anything he did in the army, but it would keep him from being lazy as well.

As he ran through the neighborhood he passed several people who saw him and began to talk as he ran by. Some recognized him, others didn't. That didn't matter, it would only take one person to recognize him and start talking before the entire town started talking about him. That was one of the disadvantages to living in a small town.

Everyone knew everything about everyone.

Well..at least they thought they did.

OOC: BY THE WAY. I forgot to say how hilarious your ' herp-derp ' thing was. I died. : P

Hallowed Gekko

User Image

User Image

The young blonde woman murmured for a long while, Ellie sitting patiently with her, asking her a variety of questions. Her heart went out to the girl; her father had been a verbally, emotionally, and sometime physically violent alcoholic who disowned her for no other reason than she didn’t talk to him for a week. She explained the terrible things he’d put her and her mother through, embarrassing them at home, humiliating them in public, allowing them to have no social life. The woman began to sob as she told Ellie about how he’d tried to sexually abuse her on various accounts, but she’d beat him up when he did. The fact he attempted to was still there. Very much she wanted to hug the woman and tell her it’d all be alright… but she couldn’t. She sat there with one leg crossed over the other, notepad in lap, pen scribbling things down. Just part of her job; don’t get to emotionally attached to the clients.

After a long talk and a short test Ellie scribbled down a prescription that she hoped would help the woman. ”Here, take this and go to the first floor; the pharmacy is there. Mac will help you out. So, I’ll see you again next week. Take care of yourself,” he voice was overly sweet and caring. As the woman left she sat down and stared out the window for some time. The secretary knocked once on the door and came in. ”Dr. Nightingale? A Will Black called for you,” and she handed her a sticky note with her message. Smiling, she thanked and dismissed the other woman. Why didn’t he call my cell-phone? she wondered, reading over the note.

Picking up her office phone, she punched back in Liara’s home number, letting the phone ring. When no one answered she figured she’d just drop by later, hanging up the receiver. There was a light buzzing that meant her next client was already here. Looking at her watch she saw he was about ten minutes early. Usually she’d let him sit in the waiting room and wait for his time slot, but that’s give her time to think as she did the light paperwork. Ellie didn’t want time to think. So she pushed open her door and smiled at the older man. ”Good morning Joe, please come on in. How are you today/” she asked.

The Vietnam vet looked around skeptically at hearing his name until his eyes focused on Ellie. He offered her a smile; this was a sign of progress. When he’d first came to her nearly six months ago he didn’t even speak, instead lived in constant fear of the Viet-Cong going to attack him at any given moment. Now he was more relaxed—at least around Ellie. According to him, she reminded him of his own daughter, though they didn’t speak anymore. A little edgy, he darted into her office. Again, she sat down with one leg crossed over the other with a notepad in her lap, listening to his horrific stories. Today; how when he was First Sergeant his Lieutenant was giving him an order and suddenly his head exploded, blood and brain covering the younger Joe; Sniper fire. And now here he was, twenty years old, left in charge of his battalion, scared and unsure, his men being picked off like flies. Ellie shuddered lightly as she thought of the pressure soldiers were put under… the pressure will was placed under…

[[OOC:: ]]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff