Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Oh? What news?"
Astrid’s train of thought was momentarily derailed the moment he started to nuzzle her. Making a soft happy sound at the back of her throat she tilted her head to give her better access, the pulse in her throat quickening the moment his lips brushed across it.
Before she allowed her mind to get too clouded she gently took his hand and placed it over her belly. “I’m pregnant,”

Not expecting the little show of affection Kaye’s shoulders tensed up ever so slightly, the action more out of surprise than discomfort. It didn’t take her long to relax, though a faint blush would quickly find its way into her cheeks.

".... why do we have to be of different courts? Why should it even matter?"
Puck just looked into the Winter princesses eyes as he considered the answer. It would be a while before he would voice it. “That I cannot answer. That’s just how things have been, it’s been like that before even I was ever born,”

Adam watched the process with wide eyes, the boy having no idea what to do in response. Looks like he wasn’t seeing things the night before after all…
The moment she shifted back through he wasted no time at all hurrying over and trying to make new splits in order to help her poor leg.

((stuck too….. DX )

((annnnnd stuck with Thorn))
"I'm pregnant."
"You're... what?" Seraphin's eyes widened, but the moment she rested his hand against her belly, the faerie prince could begin to feel the little bump that was there.
The bump that would soon grow their child.
A wide grin spread across Seraphin's lips, his eyes glittering with joy.
"Come here, you!" He pulled her on top, his arms hugging her as he kissed her on the lips repeatedly. "We're having a baby?!"

A grin spread on Drake's lips as he mentally did a happy jig.
YES YES YES!
SHe was responding positively?
Drake kissed the top of her head before pretending to keep watching the movie, but all he could concentrate on was the girl he was holding.

“That I cannot answer. That’s just how things have been, it’s been like that before even I was ever born,”
"Well," the princess replied as she brushed a strand of hair out of Puck's eyes. "I think we should change that, me and you." Seraline smiled gently, her eyes warm despite their frigid color. "We could start a revolution. End this madness that is the rivalry between our courts. Bring peace and prosperity to both winter and summer..." She stroked his cheek. "Or am I being a foolish little girl to hope for such things?"

Raselaine both whimpered in pain and shivered from the cold as the frigid air sliced into her delicate skin. Her skin was covered in goosebumps as she trembled, her arms hugging her body for warmth.
"P-please..." she chattered. "B-blanket...."
Astrid let out a happy giggle as her love pulled her to him, kissing her, the look of upmost joy on her face.
"We're having a baby?!"
“We’re having a baby,” she said with a grin.

Kaye’s blush deepened when the dragon kissed the top of her head. For the rest of the blush to her skin would fade, but not entirely go away. She was hyper aware of his arm around her. Part of her couldn’t help but be relieved that she was wearing her hoodie today, making sure to cover up as much skin as possible despite the warmth outside.
The last thing she wanted was to act overly odd and scare anyway off with her freakish ability…

“Peace is never a foolish thing to wish for,” Puck responded without missing a beat. “And I am sure that others of both courts wish for the same thing, if only for stupid squabbles to end. It’s convincing the majority, as with the Kings and Queens that is the challenging part. The old bloods are so ancient that they can be forever set in their ways. They may never be swayed.”

The plea would barely have time to pass through her lips before Adam had a soft warm blanket around her shoulders.
((skip for Astrid and Seraphin?))

Drake had no idea what was going on with Kaye. If he did, he would explained to her that it wasn't so freakish. After all, he was a thirty foot long lizard with wings that belched fire...

Seraline's eyes were filled with sadness as she listened to Puck, but after a moment she silenced him with a kiss.
"... Make love to me again."

Raselaine let out a sigh of relief as the blanket filled her with warmth.
"Thank you, so much," she whispered before looking up to Adam. ".... so now you know what I really am."
((Sure, wanna start it or should I?))

As soon as the current movie they were watching ended Kaye got to her feet and put on whatever movie Drake would pick next from her impressive movie collection. They would be barely half way through the movie when a flare of paranormal power flashed through the city, a power so strong that every supernatural and even paranormal sensitive humans would be able to sense. And our of those would sense it, very few if any would be able to place a name of the ancient power.
But one thing would be clear to all, whatever sent that power flare out was no way good.
The very second Drake would sense the flare Kaye would yelp in pain and doubled over, clenching her head tight as she felt as if someone were hammering white hot nails into her skull.

"... Make love to me again."
A small smile crossed Puck’s face before he lightly kissed her. “Your wish is my command,”
Puck would keep the Winter princess very very busy over the next few hours. Later he would be once again dozing with her in his arms when he suddenly sensed the burst of power that had rolled through the entire city, causing his eyes to fly open and narrow.
He recognized that kind of aura…and it had been lifetimes since he had sensed it. While it mad no sense to him as to how this had happened, he knew right away this sudden reappearance was not good news in the slightest.
“It can’t be….”

"Thank you, so much. .... so now you know what I really am."
Adam could only manage a slight nod in response. A small part of his mind seriously still considered the idea that he very well might be dreaming….though at a reminder of the pain of his accidental trip early kind of ruined that theory…
“…how did you end up at the stables?”

Meki would be helping Thatz finish the cabin. There was no way that she was going to let him finish it on his own now that she knew about it. She still felt guilty that he was doing all of this for her, yet, he never asked for her to help. She would have been more than happy to if he had said anything. After all if the shelter was going to be for her it just made sense to her that she should be at least giving some kind of help towards its construction.
At least she could make herself feel a tad better by pitching in now.
They would be almost done with the roof when Meki noticed the odd behavior of some of the other selkies. “….Thatz? What’s going on?”

((Time to throw out a little foreshadowing/starting to bring in my villain XD ))
((You go for it xD))

Drake was getting nice and cozy with Kaye when it happened... he wasn't sure what it meant, but the very moment she felt pain, Drake felt like someone had punched him right in the gut. He felt so sick with dread, anxiety, and, dare he say it? Fear.
But that wasn't what mattered right now....
What mattered was Kaye.
He immediately tried to tend to her, unsure what he could do to lessen her pain, but he spoke to her softly, trying his best to call her attention away from the pain and to relax.
"Look at me, Kaye, look at me. Breathe."

Seraline woke with a start, her body covered in a cold sweat as the surge on energy yanked her out of her peaceful slumber. She shivered, and all around them the furniture began to develop a film of ice as the princess felt great fear.
She had no idea what this energy was, but she felt extremely afraid and vulnerable.
"P-Puck...? Did you feel that?" She tried to keep her voice calm, but it trembled like water in an earthquake.

“…how did you end up at the stables?”
"It's a long story," Raselaine replied. "But, I'm pretty much a princess under a curse." She looked to him, her eyes serious. "Like in the fairy tales but happy endings probably won't happen." She sighed before shaking her head. "The man you call my 'owner' is a faerie knight who placed me under this curse because I rejected his advances. Whoever beds a unicorn maiden is given eternal life. He wanted that, and I wouldn't give it to him. He can't rape me becaue that would destroy the gift."

Thatz had welcomed Meki's help, if only because it meant he was around the human girl more often. He was beginning to really care for her... more than he should. He was a selkie, and she was a human.
They could never be.
But he found himself wishing he could spend the days with her as a human, holding her hand, taking her on walks along the sand....
He was in the middle of his reverie when he felt it.
His pupils dilated until his eyes were completely black, and his breath quickened.
“….Thatz? What’s going on?”
".... I don't know," he replied honestly. "It's just... an energy surge. I have no idea what it was, but it felt so... wrong. Evil." He looked to her. "We're not on the mainland though... we'll be safe here."

"Goddammit I"m trying to ******** shower! GOD! Can't a girl get naked without a faerie watching?!" Adrianna yelled as she, once again, threw another item at the fae man who hadn't left her in peace since she had, stupidly, challenged him.
If she had known this would happen she would have avoided the nuisance, but nooooo...
She was trying to be a good hunter and kill him!
As she tried to get yet another item to throw, Adrianna did not notice that her towel caught on the door knob. It easily pulled away from her, revealing the gorgeousness that is Adrianna.
"... aw ********."
Over the next few weeks as the life in her belly grew Astrid would become more visably scatterbrained and confused. She would start off by forgetting little details here and there. Like when she last ate, or just blank out in the middle of a conversation, forgetting whatever she and those she was talking with were speaking about.
From there she would grow worse and worse. Forgetting more for longer periods of time. And most of the time she wasn’t even aware of these forgetful times.
She would be currently found within her and Seraphim’s chambers, her pretty face pale, and her staring down at the small swell of her belly a look of confusion mixed with fear upon her face.

"Look at me, Kaye, look at me. Breathe."
While Kaye’s mind vaguely registered Drake beside her, trying to calm her, it would be clear that his words would have little effect on her. As she clenched her head she would be gasping for air. Her pupils would be so dilated that her irises were the thinnest of rings of color.
Through the pain she was aware of a trickle of blood starting to flow out of her nose, and images flashing through her mind at speeds so fast she barely had time to really see them.
Then, almost as soon as the pain had started, it was suddenly gone, causing the small girl to go limp from the relief.

"P-Puck...? Did you feel that?"
The moment Seraline woke Puck quickly wrapped his arms around her and started to rub circles along her back, trying to calm her. “Shh…..shh…..” he whispered soothingly. “ yes….I did..”

Adam listened in complete silence as the girl in front of him spoke. He waited until she was finished before opening his own mouth of speak. “And is he the only one who can break this curse?”

".... I don't know. It's just... an energy surge. I have no idea what it was, but it felt so... wrong. Evil. We're not on the mainland though... we'll be safe here."
Meki just looked at Thatz, her expression solemn, clearly not believing that merely being away from mainland would make any difference. A haunted look in her gaze that hinted at experiences that no one should have to go through shown in her eyes. A look that said that she knew nowhere was ever safe. Not really.
No matter how far or fast you ran it was always possible for the boogey men to get you.

Thorn merely laughed as the human girl struggled to hit him with yet another item in nothing but a towel. The fey clearly having oh so much fun messing with her. He almost forgot how enjoyable openly messing around with one who was actually aware of what he was could be!
So far she had yet been able to land a blow, but then again, it could be hard to hit what you couldn’t see
The second her towel fell he let out another laugh and whistled.
((I forgot about Ellowyn and Zane xD Bringing them back in since I'm listening to "Willow Maid" wink )

Ellowyn waited eagerly for the return of the young man, the willow maid pressed against her tree as she watched for his silhouette against the rising sun. Ever since he had encountered her, the demon had made daily visits to Ellowyn's tree and kept the faerie company. Sometimes he even brought her treats from the modern era, and she found herself greatly liking this new thing called "chocolate."
It always made her heart go aflutter.
Or was it the boy that made her like this?
Ellowyn grinned as she saw the shape of a man, but as he came closer and closer, Ellowyn felt her heart tighten with fear.
She trembled.
"About time I found you, Willow Maid," the man grinned down at the fae. "I knew there was one of you left in the world."
"Wh-what do you want?" she asked with a voice trembling like a pond in an earthquake. Her eyes were glued on the axe, the blade gleaming like the teeth of a wolf staring down its prey.
"Your death," was the simple answer.
The trees rang with the scream of the Willow Maid. The birds shot out of the treetops in alarm, trying to fly away from the blood curdling screams as quickly as they could.
The screams did not last long... instead, the crash of the ancient tree shook the park.
Ellowyn knelt by her tree, weeping. Her hands covered her face, the earth already growing dark with the crimson sap of the tree, unlike that of the other trees.
The man was already gone, having moved on.
He knew his prey would die before the hour was over.
It was the way of her kind.
Kill the tree, kill the spirit.
The world's last dryad was dying.

Seraphin was worried... was that power really back in existence?
He thought they had defeated it ages ago... locked it away never to be released again. How could it have returned? It wasn't possible... not possible...
Yet, he and the others had felt it all at once.
There was no way that they could have mistaken that power. Even the Queen had felt it...
Dammit, dammit all...
The prince had been meeting the War Council, trying to find a solution to the problem. The last time this enemy had arisen, the two faerie courts had joined into an uneasy alliance, if only temporarily. It had allowed them to defeat this creature, but most were not willing to do this again.
Not if it could be avoided. And who was to say that the Seelie Court would not betray them and attack them at their most weakened state?
No no, they needed a guarantee that they would not use the current situation to their advantage, and one of the Lords had suggested that they tie the courts with marriage... obviously Seraphin would not be the choice pawn. He was too strong willed and he already had a human he was rutting with to make little babies.
Also... they could not afford the loss of their prince.
What they needed was someone that they were willing to part with...
Seraline.
Yes, she would make a good pawn for the Seelie court.
... except Seraphin was unwilling to make the deal with the Seelie court. He knew those princes... they were little dicks WITH little dicks. No way were they worthy of his sister.
The War Council advised him to think this over, and he agreed that he would take the time to consider the option, but as he walked back towards his chamber, Seraphin couldn't help but feel that trading his sister would be a grave mistake.
Who knew what the Seelie court would do with her.
These thoughts were plaguing Seraphin's mind as he entered his chamber silently despite his armor. It was ridiculous he had to wear this thing to meetings.
It was unnecessary.
He had just begun stripping off his armor when he noticed his wife's expression.
He hadn't seen her make an expression like that... ever, and frankly, it worried him.
"Darling? What is it?"

Drake's eyes were glued to Kaye's face, unsure of what he should say to her. What could he say?
She was going through something extremely intense, and he was afraid of the consequences should he interfere. What damage would it do to her psyche if he yanked her out? Who knew?
And so the dragon was left to watch helplessly as blood trickled out of her nose, but the moment she let out the tension sprung within her body Drake's arms wrapped around her, helping her stay on her feet.
"Easy, easy," he whispered as he helped her sit down. "Here." He pressed a napkin to her nose, catching the blood. "What just happened?"

Seraline trembled in Puck's arms as he held her, but as he rubbed tiny circles in her back, the ice that had developed in the room slowly melted away until there was nothing left, not even a single wet spot.
"Puck," she whispered, afraid of speaking any louder. Somehow, she felt that if she spoke any louder, she would bring misfortune to the two of them. "What was that?" Her eyes were on his, searching for his wisdom.

“And is he the only one who can break this curse?”
"... I don't know," Raselaine replied honestly. "I don't completely understand this curse. I didn't even know it was possible for me to return to this form at all... who knows? Maybe it can't be broken." She shook her head. "Only a faerie with a rich knowledge on their magic would have the answers, but I'm just a unicorn. We are the wind made tangible."
A small, wry smile spread on her lips before she turned her lavender eyes to the young man.
"Usually magic is broken with true love's kiss or something more... permanent."

Thatz recognized that look. It was the very same look she had when she first came to this island.
"Meki... I won't let anyone hurt you," he reassured her. "You're my friend and I will protect you."
This would have been more reassuring if he was a dragon or even a fae... not a man who turns into a fat seal in the day...
Aw man, sometimes being a selkie really, really suuuuucked...
He took her hands in his and gave a gentle squeeze while flashing his most devious grin.
"Besides... I doubt whatever that was can swim. It'll just sink like a rock!"
.......... sink like a rock?
Gods he was STUPID!

Adrianna growled as she heard the whistle.
He was really enjoying this, wasn't he, the b*****d...
She just pressed her hands to her hips, glaring straight at the fae. Oh he thought she couldn't see him?
Wrong.
She came from a long line of warriors who fought against the fae. People with the Sight who did not just cower from the monsters... no no, they slayed those who would prey on the mortals.
There were many of them, all around the world, doing God's work against these monsters.
Adrianna had killed her fair share of lower caste fae... faeries who were much younger than Thorn and who were eager to have a go at the beautiful mortal.
But she had underestimated Thorn when she met him, and she was trapped with him finding her "amusing."
"What do you think?" she asked with narrowed eyes. "You like the art?"
There were tattoos snaked all across her body, many of them symbols to keep her safe from harm, but there was one that Adrianna felt carried the most power. On her back was a portrait of Joan of Arc, very simply made, and on her rib cage was an infamous line...
"Je n'ai pas peur, je suis née pour faire ça."
Words that Adrianna lived by every day she placed herself in danger... "I am not afraid, I was born to do this."
And indeed, Adrianna was born to hunt.
Just like Joan of Arc, whose bloodline Adrianna was a descendant.
The only bloodline of earth's true hunters. Adrianna came from a long line of humans who massacred Thorn's kind.
"Now pass me my robe, will you?"
((I keep getting stuck with Zane DDX))

Serephim had a very very good reason to be worried. When Astrid looked upon him he would be greeted by even more fear instead of the loving gaze he had grown so used to.
Astrid then uttered words that no many would ever wish to hear their wife speak.
“W-who are you?”

"Easy, easy. Here. What just happened?"
Though the pain was no longer attacking her Kaye shouldn’t help but tremble as Drake helped her sit. “I-I don’t k-know,” she stammered out, still recovering from the ordeal.
Sure she got plenty of migraines because of her empathy, there was no way she could go through sensing all that she did and get away without some kind of side effect. But that? Nothing like that had ever happened to her before…

"Puck. What was that?"
Puck’s usual air of carefree and mischievous fun was nowhere in sight, the fey looking more serious than many would have ever seen him before. One very big hint that whatever happened was in no way good for anyone.
For a long while he was just silent, trying to find the best way to out and say it.
“….what do you know of the original protectors of humanity? The Nephilim,”

Adam silently listened to the unicorn as she spoke. The boy struggled to take everything in. Oh god…he felt waaaay over his head here!
“….what do you mean?” Oh, he had a good idea what…but unlike many he did not like to jump to conclusions.

Meki just kept her eyes on Thatz as he spoke, trying his hardest to reassure her that things would be fine. Usually she hated when people did that. Pretty words often did very little to make up for, or keep bad things from happening. They were like trying to use a Band-Aid to treat a stab wound.
But…for some reason she DID find herself feeling a bit better at his words.
She then did something that would really surprise that both of them. She would reach out and hug him.

Thorn was very very aware that this girl had the Sight. The fact would in no way surprise him, it really just made sense. Only the best of hunters would have the skill to live this long when fighting his kind. And for that to happen they would have to have the best of abilities to aid them.
This included the Sight. That gift was so rare among humans (well, compared to their overall population at least), that most fey would never expect to cross paths with one out of pure luck. Usually one actually had to try to hunt one down and search out for them. So why would any expect a hunter to have it?
"Now pass me my robe, will you?"
“Oh, you can be such a bore,” Thorn commented as he flicked his wrist, causing her robe to fly over to her.
((I'm on my phone so I can't make a proper response Dx I was thinking Zane could save Ellowyn xD I think if he bound her to him she'd live))
"W-who are you?”
"... your husband, Seraphin," was all that he could reply before he carefully sat beside her, unsure of what else to do. "You don't remember me? We're having a baby together."

“I-I don’t k-know,”
Drake blinked a few times, unsure of what he could do to help Kaye. She looked to be in pretty bad shape...
"Hey, why don't you lie down? I'll get you some aspirin or something. You need to relax a bit, clear your head, okay?"

Oh this was bad, very bad.
Seraline knew many stories of Puck, and in every one of his tales, he never lost his humor despite being in danger, but right now, there was no sense of playfulness in his eyes. Just grimness. Seraline felt her stomach tighten, and she was so sure she was going to be sick....
“….what do you know of the original protectors of humanity? The Nephilim,”
"Nothing, except that they all died out," Seraline replied as she looked up at her Puck. "Mother burned all the books speaking of them. I just know they had angel blood... that's all...."

".... what do you mean?"
"Sex," Raselaine answered flatly, her eyes emotionless as she looked to him. "It seems the world revolves around it, doesn't it?"

To say Thatz was surprised would be an understatement. His eyes widened considerably, and it took him a moment to gather his wits and return the hug. He held the human girl protectively.
"We'll finish the house... we'll figure out some kind of back up plan in case things go bad for us, but no matter what, I'm going to be there, by your side, watching over you. I swear."

“Oh, you can be such a bore,”
"I wouldn't be such a bore if you actually did something about it," Adrianna replied as she slipped on the robe. "Clearly you found me attractive. I was naked and interested, but instead you stood there like a fool, fae. I'm starting to think you forgot how to touch a woman."
"... your husband, Seraphin. You don't remember me? We're having a baby together."
Astrid couldn’t keep herself from tensing up as he sat near her, the poor girl was trembling like a leaf, much like she had when she had first woken up in this room. Back when she as a whole different girl.
“N-no,” she stammered out. “I-I don’t R-remember.”

"Hey, why don't you lie down? I'll get you some aspirin or something. You need to relax a bit, clear your head, okay?"
“Just water would be fine….or tea,” she said meekly as she got herself comfortable on the couch again. She knew no matter how strong the aspirin was it would do her little good. Most over the counter stuff she had developed an immunity to over the past few years. Better to stick with good old natural remedies like herbs and tea.

"Nothing, except that they all died out. Mother burned all the books speaking of them. I just know they had angel blood... that's all...."
Puck let out a sigh. “Stupid of her…History must be kept alive in order to keep people from repeating the same old stupid mistakes…”
He then went on to explain all he knew of the nephilim, which, considering he was one of the fey old enough to live through their time was a good lot. He told her how they started off as a village of humans blessed from the powers above. They had all been given angelic like power after praying for a way to protect their home from demon kind, and once their home was safe then proceeded in on helping others who had not been as lucky enough to get their pleas answered.
“For centuries they worked, protecting humans from demons as well as any other supernatural rouge. Never did they charge for their aid…but eventually some of the younger nephilim grew greedy. They did not see why they should risk their lives and not get some kind of payment in return. So, without their elders knowing they started to charge large fees for their service. Any village who was not able to pay it would be left to fend for itself.”
He went on the explain how this corrupt faction grew and grew, eventually the rest of the nephilim found out and tried to make their brothers and sisters see reason. Words were exchanged.
Then blows…..from there it wasn’t long before blood was drawn and there was all out civil war between the once proud race of protectors.
The war was long and hard….but and the world soon would see just how far the corrupt nephilim –The Dark Ones – had fallen once they enlisted demon aid to their cause. They were brutal in combat, refusing to follow any of the codes of conduct they had been raised with. They would torture their brothers and sisters before killing them, or even worse.
They would slice off their wings and leave the poor victims for death by bleeding out, infection, or insanity for losing such a vital part of their being.
“What most do not know is that they were not all wiped out in that war. The Dark Ones were defeated, and some of the nephilim of Light survived, though their numbers were greatly depleted. But instead of picking where they left off and being protectors again, they left that roles for the angels, who had at the point taken resistance on Earth, or the race of witches who had been created. They had seen that they were not immune from greed, or taint. It happened once and they did not wish to see it happen again. So they went into hiding. They bound their children’s power, raised them as human.”
He then paused.
“But they were not foolish. If a time came where they were needed again they wanted to be able to do SOMETHING. So, they made it so that if the world needed them again, their descendants would have their nephilim blood reawaked, and they would be able to take up their ancestors left off….and we better hope that’s true….” He said solemnly. “Because if what I think is true…we’ll all need all the help we can get. I haven’t sensed power or darkness like that since the Nephilim War….looks like not all the Dark Ones were wiped out after all,”

"Sex. It seems the world revolves around it, doesn't it?"
“….apparently,”

"We'll finish the house... we'll figure out some kind of back up plan in case things go bad for us, but no matter what, I'm going to be there, by your side, watching over you. I swear."
Meki couldn’t help it. She started to tear up. No one had ever said anything like that to her before. Unable to trust herself from speaking she just nodded.

"I wouldn't be such a bore if you actually did something about it. Clearly you found me attractive. I was naked and interested, but instead you stood there like a fool, fae. I'm starting to think you forgot how to touch a woman."
Thorn merely scoffed. “it’s not fun if its right there in front of you. The best part is the chase,”
“N-no, I-I don’t R-remember.”
Seraphin said nothing. He just looked to her. She was shaking like a kicked dog. What was he supposed to do? If he did anything to physically comfort her, his wife would only become more frightened.
So he settled on speaking to her softly.
"We've been married for nearly a year now, love... we had a small ceremony, and months later you told me we are expecting a baby...." He kept his eyes on her, gauging her reaction. "Our baby."

Drake hurried to the kitchen. It took him a second to find the tea, but when he did, he placed it in a cup of cold water and used his magic to heat it up to the perfect temperature for her before he brought it to her within a matter of minutes.
"Here..."

Seraline shook as she listened to the story. She had known nothing of this... nothing of how the nephilim came to be, the wars, the angels, the witches...
Oh she felt like such a fool to be so ignorant.
".... but we are a world full of supernaturals.... how could a Dark One even try to gain power? The Fae Courts, the werewolves, dragons.... none of them are weak. Are they really so powerful to threaten us?" Her voice was small, like a child's.... to Puck, she WAS a child. She was a product of the modern world. She knew nothing of the past because her mother willed it so, and although she had hopes of bringing peace someday to the courts, she was defenseless. In this war, she would not last long.
And, unbeknownst to them, there was already a new life forming in her belly... the product of love between Winter and Summer.
Puck's Legacy.

“….apparently,”
Raselaine said nothing for a moment, but when she found her words, she spoke not of herself.
"You're sick. It's clear as day. What ails you?"

Oh crap he made her cry....
He was NOT planning on that.
"Oh crap, oh crap, I'm sorry!" Thatz hugged her. "Please don't cry!"

“it’s not fun if its right there in front of you. The best part is the chase,”
"Well, considering you're standing right there, and I'm standing right here, there's no need for a chase," Adrianna replied. "However, I would appreciate a rub between the shoulders."
"We've been married for nearly a year now, love... we had a small ceremony, and months later you told me we are expecting a baby….Our baby."
As he spoke the memory less and very very scared Astrid listened, but alas, his words sparked no memory in her. Any further prodding on his or anyone else’s part would prove that she had no memory of him, their time as a married couple, or her life before being dragged into being his bride.
She wouldn’t even remember her own name.

"Here..."
Kaye had shut her eyes as Drake had left the room, hoping in vain that maybe that that would make the phantom pain in her skull go away. For a moment as she took the cup there was a look of puzzlement in her eyes.
She didn’t recall hearing the kettle or microwave go off…and even then it would take awhile for the water to boil hot enough for the tea…and even longer to cool to the temperature it was now. But, it then didn’t take long for her human way of thinking to come up with a reasonable and logically conclusion.
“Did I doze off…?”

".... but we are a world full of supernaturals.... how could a Dark One even try to gain power? The Fae Courts, the werewolves, dragons.... none of them are weak. Are they really so powerful to threaten us?"
“Never underestimate their power,” Puck warned. “Before the Light nephilim turned away help from other races –the stupid fools were too proud to accept help from others…they wanted to clean up their own mess- the two courts were afraid enough to form a truce…the first and thus far only in history to try to fend off merely a handful of the Dark Ones,” the trickster responded.
“Even having one back is dangerous. And who’s to say there aren’t more?....and even if there is only one that one will be likely looking for those who will join its cause…whatever that is,”
Though he had a good idea as to what that could be he kept that idea hidden from the Winter princess. After all, there was a good chance he was wrong.
And for everyone’s sake he hoped he was.

"You're sick. It's clear as day. What ails you?"
Adam’s words would spring from his lips on their own accord. He had repeated them, or at least variations of them so much now that it was almost second nature. “Nothing. It doesn’t matter,”

"Oh crap, oh crap, I'm sorry! Please don't cry!"
Meki hugged the selkie back, trying hard to keep herself from crying harder. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” she managed to get out.
Dammit, why couldn’t she stop?!

"Well, considering you're standing right there, and I'm standing right here, there's no need for a chase,"
At that Thorn just chuckled again. “All in good time, all in good time.”
"However, I would appreciate a rub between the shoulders."
Thorn would be smart enough not to get too close to this huntress. He had been living long enough to be wary enough to keep a healthy distance from one who knew, and was able to kill him. One did not live as long as he and not learn a thing or two after all.
So, instead of approaching he used his magic to give her a phantom back rub.
Oh the heartbreak in Seraphins' eyes was real as he looked down on his wife, her eyes blank. There was nothign in those eyes that were his wife... nothing at all.
He felt his throat tighten.
"Can I... can I please hug you?"

Why was she looking at him like that?
Drake tilted his head, unsure what the big deal was as she looked from him to the cup of tea and back. He heated up tea... did he get the wrong one? Was he supposed to add sugar?
WHAT DID HE DO?!
He was just waiting for Kaye to yell at him and tell him what he was supposed to fix, but what came was something he DID NOT expect.
"Did I doze off...?"
"... maybe?" he replied, his brows knitted together. "I wasn't in there that long... maybe five minutes. So if you fell asleep, it was quick." He sat down and covered her shoulders with a blanket. "You need to relax, Kaye..."

Seraline said nothing as she looked down upon her hands, listening to Puck as he spoke. They were trembling violently, and her heart was beating against her chest like a hummingbird's wings against the air.
Oh gods she felt so sick....
"Puck...." she began, unsure of what she wanted to say... well, she knew what she wanted to say, but she didn't know HOW to say it. She knew there was a good chance her family would take her back to court, and thus forcing her apart from the Summer Fae. Somehow, the mere thought of that scared her more than the Dark Ones...
Was she really so foolish? She knew being apart from Puck was the last of her worries, considering what the coming war meant, but...
The heart wanted what it wanted.
"... There's a good chance I won't be here tomorrow. I may not even be here by the end of the day." She looked to him, her eyes filled with pain. "I... if there's a chance we don't see each other again...." Seraline wrapped her arms around the fae and held him close, willing herself not to cry. "... Maybe it's me being foolish and so young... I may mean nothing to you at all, but I don't care. You meant everything to me."

“Nothing. It doesn’t matter,”
"It matters to me," Raselaine replied as she looked to him. "You've been the only person to take care of me, so it matters greatly what is killing you."

aw man, now HE was getting emotional!
Thatz just kept holding Meki to himself, rubbing her back to help her relax a bit. He just held her... never letting her go.
He meant every word he said to her.
Softly, he kissed her forehead before pressing his against hers. He would have remained there, holding her, but the sun was rising... he could feel it.

Adrianna sighed as she felt the phantom rub between her shoulders, trying to ease out the aches.
"Now youre just being lazy," Adrianna replied with a small chuckle, her eyes on his face. "I've had plenty of chances to kill you since that day. If I really wanted to kill you, you would be dead by now..." She smiled widely. "Thorn."
She didn't tell him this yet, but she had discovered his true name... all in good time, she would use it. He would be hers, then.
She only dropped her robe and arched herself into the phantom rub, allowing herself to purr like a kitten in pleasure. It would feel so much better if the fae himself was rubbing her back, but she'd take what she could get.
"How old are you, Thorn? You're older than the others I"ve met."

((What court is Thorn from?))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas