Cosmic Orca's Significant Otter

xxxxxUser Image
                                                    As someone who fixed things, antiques that didn’t need fixing somehow sounded less fun, but Joel found himself smiling. “If I ever decide to open my own business, I’ll let you know. Right now, I’m happy not being my own boss. It makes it easier to travel and stuff.” Not that he did much of it - but now that they were together, that flexibility of not being tied to a business might start to matter more.

“I have been in a plane bathroom, never ******** someone in one,” Joel admitted, “Though I doubt that comes as any surprise.” His smile grew as Drake continued to justify his stance on this adventure. “Drake, when I was little the polar bears weren’t drowning, trust me, you don’t have to sell me on climate change.” He was just young enough that he’d been essentially brow beaten about the whole thing, as if he, as a five year old, had been personally responsible for the death of the dodo bird because he didn’t separate his straw from his juice box. “You know I’m teasing you. I have heard a lot about your past sex life, very little good would surprise me at this point.”

He reached over to brush his fingers over Drake’s cheekbone, along his jaw, before leaning in to kiss him quickly. “If you want to do a ridiculous mile high thing, you know I’m gonna go for it.” Their whole relationship had started off based on doing stupid things because they thought the other was hot and didn’t care if it made sense. “To be fair, ten years ago if you’d told me I was talking to a vampire about joining the mile high club, I’d have been more shocked about the vampire part of it.” Patting Drake’s chest, the familiar lack of a heartbeat through his shirt, Joel said, “You’ve got a monopoly on probably my top one hundred worst ideas, and I think this marriage is going to keep reshuffling that list.” Bad ideas just worked for them, probably because they were both deeply contrary people who enjoyed causing a headache for people who clung too hard to old ways.