Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This is a private onexone roleplay between MUFFIN and PUMPKIN
Do not post. Do not steal. Read along if you want.
Will make pretty later.
Vampire Clan and other related NPCs
Werewolf Pack and other related NPCs

Eloquent Fairy

User Image

Drake, knew that what they were about to do was risky to say the least, but their whole relationship had been. He was just surprised that they had managed to keep it a secret for as long as they had. His Father was pretty good at sniffing it out - when someone was hiding something, he supposed that came with age. But Drake had learned from him - he knew how to hide things from his Father. But, hiding was hardly an option anymore. And he could feel the air of superiority, annoyance and disgust floating around the room. So many tricking their parents into a room together was a bad idea - but no matter how they went about it, it would be. Vampires and Werewolves had never really gotten along, an issue that extended far past his time of walking on the earth. But the sides were still bitter. And this would... In a way join the two sides and maybe force them to learn to live with each other.

"What are we doing here, Drake?" His father asked as he glanced over at the others with a clear look of disgust on his face.

"Well I, well we have something to tell you.." He started but trailed off when his Father opened his mouth to speak again.

"And what would that be? This better be good" he said. It was clear, through his voice that his annoyance with the situation was growing.

"If you let me finish speaking" he said as he gave his Father an annoyed look. Plenty of people were afraid of the mam - after all he was powerful, but to Drake he was just his Father and he had never been afraid of him. "Now as I was saying" he started but trailed off again on purpose. When his Father started to get annoyed, there was a vein that would pop out on his forehead - and the man was annoyed. "We thought that it was about time you meet your future family" he said.

A slightly confused look crossed over his fathers face. "And what do you mean by that?" He asked.

"I mean what it sounds like. I thought old age was supposed to make you wise. We've been together for a while... And plan to get married" he said as he glanced between his Mother who to the untrained eye always looked calm and his Father.

"Drake this is by far the least funny joke you have ever pulled. I would much rather you prance a pig into the house and tell me you plan to wed it" he said.

His parents had taken him being gay fairly well - it wasn't an uncommon thing. It was the fact that he was not only dating a werewolf but the leaders son that was angering the man. "I wouldn't joke about something like this. And I dunno Dad a pig would not look nearly as good naked as a werewolf" he said. He knew his Dad wouldn't appreciate the joke that much but all well. "We love each other and thats that" he said.

"I forbid it" he said firmly as he went to stand up, to stomp around or so Drake thought, but his Mother stopped the man from doing so. He could tell she wasn't calm but was acting like she was.

"You can't forbid me from doing it" he said. He knew his Father at the least wouldn't approve - but that changed nothing, it would happen, was going to happen and if Drake had his way it would happen soon. It wasn't like, he had anyone outside of his parents that he cared to have around. Worse come to worse, they could elope and just come home married - but Blake wanted to try and include them in it, if they would try.

"Now, now boys no need to pull out the fangs to see whose the big baddest scariest vampire in the room. Your Father and I will agree to try and he will try not to yell" she said.

Drake had always thought that his Mother was the scary one. She didn't show anger, she handled a situation with grace - and controlled his Father, which all together her made her a force to be reckoned with. "Good. Which us why we're at this house plenty of room for us all to get to know each other" he said with a smile. He could tell his Dad was about to question the sleeping arrangements but before he could Drake beat him too it. "And he and I will be sharing a room" he said. If they were going to be, getting married soon they would be spending every night together. His Father wanted to object but quickly put a stop too it.

"How long have the two of you been together?" She asked.

"A little over a year and a half" he said.

"So this isn't some random impulsive idea you have, that makes it slightly better" she said.

"No" he said simply, he couldn't argue because he was impulsive. His choice to get involved with him had been impulsive, but it had turned into something that he has never expected. He had easily, had a parade of men in his life. Never took a serious long term interest but enjoyed the benefits. But he was, for the first time, very serious about a relationship. Most of his previously had lasted a few months tops and usually they were only a few weeks. He had gotten around a lot, and that was sadly a well known fact about him. It was gossip and those he had slept with talking about it. But that was in the past.

"I think at this point we should simply be happy he has found someone he wishes to keep around. Even if his choice is questionable" she said.

"I'm pretty sure him being with me and trusting me with my track record is whats questionable here..." He said. He had gotten around a lot, yeah but he hadn't cheated on anyone. He had just moved from one person to the next extremely fast.
xxxxxUser Image

This whole thing had started as an ill advised way to get under their parents skin - even though they had no intentions of telling their parents. It had been a matter of doing exactly what their parents would tell them not to do, and for Joel, this meant falling right into bed with the vampire leader’s famously promiscuous son. That had seemed all well and good at the time - sneaking to each other’s rooms, having a roll in the sheets right under the stuck up noses, but it hadn’t been meant to mean anything.

A year and a half later, here they were, introducing the families. Both families knew each other, even though it was pretty much a blood war between the vampires and the werewolves. Joel’s father always said that it was something in their blood, something ancient and dangerous, that made werewolves hate vampires, and vampires hate werewolves. Joel thought that it had more to do with the fact that they were both predatory species sharing the same hunting grounds.

Joel’s family had been there first, his parents sitting at a table with his two sisters. The Cohen pack was large, but Joel’s nuclear family was relatively small. Just his twin sister, Rachel, his older sister Kayla, and his parents. There were numerous other wolves in the pack - both related to Joel and non blood relations. When the vampires started into the room, Rachel was on her feet, before Kayla and Mrs. Cohen pulled her back into her seat - her canines were already extending from her gums, cutting into her lips. Joel tossed her a napkin, which she balled up and threw at his head. “What are they doing here?”

Again with all of the vampire and werewolf drama. They had expected that much. The vampire leader had appeared, and Joel’s father - the pack alpha, snapped a glass in his hand. Mrs Cohen didn’t even move to pick the glass out of her husband’s hand as she usually would, but fixed the vampire leader and his wife with the bright yellow eyes that flashed when a werewolf was closer to a transformation than they would have liked.

Drake’s brother looked unimpressed with the presence of the werewolves as well, and Joel rolled his eyes, moving from his chair to where Drake stood. Before he could say anything to his fiancé, Drake’s father had demanded an explanation. Joel’s family looked just as expectant, yellow eyes fixed on the vampires with a look of disgust. Joel knew what they were thinking - that vampires were dead things, monsters that had to feed on living humans to survive. Dead blood meant nothing to them.

While Drake’s father seemed to be driving the discussion, it was Joel’s older sister, Kayla, who started laughing. “No way, you’ve got to be kidding.” She shook her head - her hair was significantly darker than Joel’s, and caught the light in a way that was uniquely Kayla - “C’mon Joel, you can do better than… better than…”

“Better than dead,” Rachel said, her teeth had retracted, but she still looked ready to rip Drake's throat out. Joel’s parents were eerily silent. In the same way that they had been when he had come out to them when he was nineteen, nodding, like if they didn’t talk about it, it wouldn’t be an actual fact until it became obvious that there was no going back. They had been the same way when Rachel had brought her girlfriend home. The difference was, Rachel’s girlfriend was a werewolf, not a vampire.

Drake's father made it perfectly clear very quickly that he did not want Joel for a sun in law, going so far as to say that he would prefer a pig. Joel crossed his arms, and shook his head, “Well, you got me, not a pig.” He stepped on Drake’s foot at the comment about who looked better naked. Mrs Cohen started studiously picking the glass out of her husband’s hand at this point, apparently not even wanting to touch that comment with a ten foot pole.

Drake’s father was turning roughly the colour of a tomato, while his wife held his arm, trying to reason with him. Joel got the distinct feeling that it was Drake’s mother who ran the show, for all of the show that Drake’s father put on. Joel’s parents’ silence was not entirely unexpected. Werewolf packs usually didn’t work things out with words - it was largely about dominance and blood lines, who fell into line where. Joel, as the eldest son, was beta, and he would get to deal with his father, the alpha, soon enough. Werewolves just dealt with things more one on one, more secretively.

“It’s not for long,” Joel said, watching his family, whose eyes were fading. His oldest sister, Kayla, had her eyes almost back to their normal brown. “We’re not asking you to turn your backs on… god knows how many centuries of hate, we’re just asking you to tolerate each other for measured periods of time.” Like not killing each other during this vacation, and definitely not during the wedding.

Drake’s mother asked how long that they had been together, apparently assuming that Joel was just another in a long line. Joel knew about Drake’s history, but did his best not to hold it against him. After all, they had fallen into bed together the first night just to flout the tradition of hate. There had been nothing about love, or even affection, just a rebellious streak and sexual attraction. “We wouldn’t be getting married,” Joel said, shooting the woman an exasperated look, “if this was some impulse decision. That’s what Vegas is for.”

He had the feeling that Drake’s family were just going to look at Joel as another notch on the headboard. No matter how long they were together. It had something to do with being immortal, he knew, but he didn’t like it. He didn’t like being considered “questionable taste” either. “If you cheat on me, you’ll have a whole pack to deal with, so I’m not worried,” he shrugged. Drake seemed committed to their relationship, and he loved him, so that had to say something.

Mr Cohen, who had watched quietly up until now, opened his mouth to speak, just as the door swung open and a little old woman with a perm hobbled in with her walker. “What did I miss?” the old lady demanded, apparently thinking that no one had heard her, in spite of her bad hearing, she shouted, “WHAT DID I MISS?”

“You invited her?” Mrs Cohen asked, looking at her husband’s mother with thinly veiled dismay like she usually did.

Joel and his father both shook their heads, but Joel’s father cleared his throat, “Apparently we’re having a… wedding.”

Granny Cohen apparently missed the underlying tone of disapproval in her son’s voice - Joel certainly didn’t - and broke into a big grin, “Excellent, I love weddings! DRINKS ALL AROUND!”

Joel nudged Drake with his elbow and whispered, “I don’t know how she got invited.” He had “lost” her invitation, intending to tell her on his own, when she wouldn’t be causing a scene in front of the vampires.

As if on cue, the old lady caught sight of the vampires. “Well, I’m not offering that kind of drink, but I guess- who’s getting married?”

Mr Cohen made an ugly noise in the back of his throat, “Joel and Drake.”

Gran didn’t so much as skip a beat, “Well, I guess Joel’s the only one who’s getting bitten, y’know what I mean?” She waggled her thinning white eyebrows at Joel and Drake, before claiming the nearest seat, next to Drake’s brother, who scooted away from her. Joel hurried over to grab his grandmother by the arm and lead her over to the werewolf table where she wasn’t so likely to get murdered.

Eloquent Fairy

User Image

Drake rolled his eyes at the woman's comments. He hadn't expected to be like, hell he had never expected Joel to actually like him. But he had, and he did - if he could win over one werewolf, he could win over a few more... Right? Probably not, but he could at least try to do so. Drake had to resist the natural instinct to pull his foot away, out of Joel's range when he stomped down on it. It hardly hurt, and didn't sting for more then a second - but he knew why the man had done it. "It's true though. All naked pigs do is make people want Bacon. And me personally I don't like Bacon..... Do like hot dogs though" he said.

A disgusted sound coming from his throat could be heard from his brother. The two had never gotten along, especially because he was gay and he just didn't approve of that. "No one, needs to hear about how much you like dicks. I think we have all heard enough of your night time escapades to know" he said. His tone was sour and disgusted - his usually tone of voice that he used when talking to him.

"I'm sorry your just jealous over the fact that you can't get laid at all" he said. The two had always went at it- it was life.

"I don't have to be here" his Brother said as he stood up and started walking towards the door to leave.

"Sit down" were the only words that left his Mothers mouth. The tone was different this time - it was harsh, and left zero room for argument. They both knew to listen to her, when she used that tone with them - it was one they were both probably, wisely afraid of. And his Brother turned around with an even more sour look on his face and planted his a** back down in the chair he had left a few seconds ago.

"Right. Now maybe we should take a lesson from the humans. Sunshine, rainbows and unicorns and lots of love. Or some stupid ******** s**t like that" he said as he waved his hand as if dismissing something. The two families really didn't have to spend any time together. "We aren't asking you to become best friends just not to oppose to this" he said. Honestly, he just wanted them to agree to try to like Joel and that was all.

Blake snorted at the comment "The only thing you've ever loved is your d**k" he said. "Well I oppose but them again I oppose to you being my brother" he said as he leaned back in the chair and crossed his arms over his chest like a child would.

"You seem to have under estimated the stupidity of my son. Him getting married impulsively to upset the family is something he would do" his Mother said.

"If that was the case I would have been married a copious amount of times already" he said. Drake had never been married, and his relationship with Joel was the longest one he had ever been in. "This is true..." He said. Already he really wasn't that afraid of a pack of wolves. The only thing he was ever afraid of sometimes was his Mother - and that was with good reason.

Drake quirked an eyebrow as the old woman burst into the room and quietly listened to the conversation at hand. A smirk spread across his face at the mention of someone getting bit - Drake made a point to make sure his fangs were in full view. "Only if he's lucky ya'know. Getting bit is a wonderful gift" he said.

He leaned over closer to Joel with an amused smile on his face. "I like her. Can I keep her? You can keep the puppies though" he said referring to his siblings. He didn't even like his own sibling, he didn't much expect to like Joel's. "Well I think your Grandma is game for coming to the wedding" he said as he grabbed Joels hand and brought it to his lips and kissed it.

"Oh god this is the most disgusting elaborate s**t you have ever pulled. Really Drake" his brother said.

"Sorry I don't take advice from snotty vampires that are younger then me with their heads up their a**" he said as he glanced over his his brother. "This isn't a joke Blake. Far from it" he said as he pulled Joel in closer to him and pressed his lips against his. To make a point, Drake made sure the kiss was a deeper one before pulling away. "Not a joke. Any questions?" He asked.

Drake turned around when he heard the door open. "Sorry I got lost.." She said as she glanced between Drake and Joel apparently not liking how close the two were too each other - or the fact that Drake was holding one of his hands, and had the other on his waist. "And who is this?" She asked giving Joel a 'How dare you steal my man look'

"My b.. I mean my fiancé" he said. That was a weird word to use, one he had never expected to use with a my in front of it. "This is my brothers wife" he said before leaning in closer to Joel "Just pretend she doesn't exist like we all try too" he said softly. He couldn't stand the woman, she was always trying to get him into bed and was clearly just after the families money... And everyone but Blake saw that. Drake couldn't remember mentioning that his Brother was married. He never mentioned the man much. "Don't use her as an accurate representation on vampires. Shes a money hungry ditz" he said.

"HEY. If I have to be respectful..." He started to say but Drake cut him off.

"If the shoe fits wear it. Like I admit to being a man whore...former man whore and her shoe definitely fits" he said.

Drake looked over at his Mother who was eyeing Blake and his ‘wife’, with a disgusted look on her face. The woman had taken a seat on, his lap and was leaning over - probably whispering less than suitable things in his ear, but Drake was not going to listen in on that conversation. “Considering the competition” She started as she turned her head back around to face them. “He’s easily the favorite” She said.
xxxxxUser Image

Joel could have pointed out that pigs were rarely dressed up, except in children’s cartoons, but Drake was too old to remember children’s cartoons. Besides, he took the statement to a completely different place. Joel bit his lip, trying not to laugh. That was so typically Drake commentary - and it was a good thing that Joel wasn’t a prudish or particularly easy to fluster man, because he could tell from his twin sister’s face that she was imagining something that would make most people blush. It had the effect of making her look slightly cross eyed.

Blake, of course, had to make a scene. Drake had warned Joel to expect that, and Joel watched as Blake freaked out about how he did not need to hear about how his brother liked having sex with men. Drake had mentioned that his brother didn’t approve of being gay. He had also mentioned that the guy was bitter and just mean. Joel had to wonder if Blake meant “hearing about” Drake’s sexual antics in the literal form, as in, walking by the room, or if he meant Drake talking about his sexual escapades at the breakfast table, just to try to make his brother choke.

Neither option seemed at all unrealistic.

Drake’s brother got up to leave, but was ordered to sit down by their mother. Joel cut his gaze across the room to look at his family, who just looked stunned. Aside from his twin sister looking cross eyed, his older sister looked like she had heard more than she wanted to and looked a little wan. Joel’s father, of course, had his traditional poker face on, while Joel’s mother’s ears were notably redder where you could see them past her tied back hair.

It was fairly obvious that the werewolves didn’t want to make a scene in front of the vampires - Joel could practically see his father making a mental stockpile of comments to make when Drake’s family wasn’t hovering around, waiting to judge the werewolves. Werewolves were very aware of how they were seen by other species - though they were notably better respected than werepossums. There was just nothing good to say about werepossums.

By the looks of things, there was going to be some serious opposition to this marriage. Blake was obviously pissed off, and Drake’s parents both looked like they were taking the wedding as a joke. Joel’s family, on the other hand, seemed to have no idea what to make of the situation at all. At least it didn’t seem like Drake had gone and gotten married a million times. Joel hadn’t even been sure that Drake would say yes when he had asked - it had been one of those impulse things.

Drake didn’t seem particularly worried about the pack of wolves - if anything, he sounded slightly amused. Not that he would find it so amusing if a werewolf tried to bite his hand off, but, that was another story. Joel shot Drake a dirty look at the mention of being bitten being a gift - the first time that Drake had bitten him, he had wound up with a very angry werewolf pinning him down and snarling in his face.

The distraction of Joel’s grandmother showing up didn’t have a long lasting effect. Rachel was rubbing their grandmother’s blue veined arm, while the woman beamed happily at the couple. Gran may have been about fifty different kinds of loony toons, but she was an accepting and warm woman. She had been Joel’s favourite grandparent, and she was the only one left now. “If by the puppies you mean my sisters,” Joel said, leaving the statement hanging. There were worse things that his sisters had been called. There were a lot of really offensive names for werewolves, particularly of the female variety. “You’d better be willing to keep her, I’m pretty sure that she fell into a fountain of immortality or something. I swear, she’s as old as God.” He smiled as Drake kissed his hand - it was such an old fashioned (and Drake) thing to do.

But his smile faltered as Blake burst out about how disgusting this was. “And you’re a close minded bigot,” Joel said, with deceptive lightness. He definitely didn’t like Blake - vampires were old, and traditional. He had always known that. While his pack hadn’t been thrilled that Joel liked men, the important thing was that he took his role in his pack seriously. Beyond that, it didn’t have a hold within the pack. He was a man, he with the alphas oldest - and only - son, and he backed his dad up in territory confrontation. So long as he did all of that, no real questions were asked.

After all, it was the first son in a generation, not necessarily the alpha’s son, who became pack alpha. So it wasn’t like the possibility of having kids was particularly pressing for Joel.

Drake, unexpectedly, pulled Joel closer to him, and started kissing him. They had kept their relationship under wraps for so long that that was something of a surprise. Even so, Joel kissed him back, and could feel him smile against his mouth. At the any question’s mark, Granny Jo raised her hand, and Joel shook his head, mouthing no.

“Does this mean that I get to watch two guys make out?” she
                                      was rummaging through her purse and came out with a cell phone, that she had pointed at them, “Do it again, I’ll put it on the twitter.”

Joel rolled his eyes, and would have said something if a girl dressed like a very well paid hooker teetered in on her heels. He glanced over at his sisters, who looked suitably judgy at the moment - which was kind of funny, since Rachel was known for wearing really short skirts. Joel glanced over at Drake, who looked unamused by the woman’s presence, as she demanded to know who Joel was. At the same time that Drake said “my fiancé” Joel said “Joel.” But the vampires seemed to ignore him, and Drake introduced the woman as his brother’s wife.

Well, that just seemed sad. You could smell the gold digger on this one. “I can… kind of tell,” he said quietly, in Drake’s ear. The woman looked unimpressed, as did Blake. Drake, for his part, candidly admitted to being a man whore. At least they weren’t bringing Joel’s sexual history into the debate. Rachel would certainly drill Joel about what kind of manwhore he was marrying. He just had to hope that she would come to terms with it.

“Good to know,” Joel said, looking at Drake, like, couldn’t he have mentioned that he had a sister in law who clearly wanted to rip his clothes off with her teeth.

“Of course it’s no competition,”
                                      Granny said, with a huff, “It’s Joel.” She cocked her head to the side, “Which I guess makes you the better trophy wife.”

“Gran, I’m not a trophy wife,” J
                                      oel said, trying not the smile. His grandmother was fiddling with her phone again, Rachel looked like she was close to taking the phone away from her.

Eloquent Fairy

User Image

Drake knew that his family, was just viewing this whole thing as another one of his whims. Usually, his whims lasted days, or at most a few weeks. He would hardly call this a whim at all. It wasn't a whim, it was something he had never expected. He had honestly, never really believed in love, it had always been just a thing he thought people made up - he was wrong. But, it had happened and here they were. Drake had never thought he would agree to marry someone - and yet he had. Without thinking twice about his answer, a yes had just come out almost instantly.

"By puppies I sort of mean all of them..." He said. They were all a lot younger then himself, even though Drake wasn't someone who ever really talked about his age. He had just told Joel that he had been around a long time - which with vampires, was pretty much expected. Drake rolled his eyes at the mention of the fountain of youth. "The fountain of immortaility is probably mixed with vampire blood" he said. They lived the longest - most other supernatural creatures aged and died normally. Witches, however seemed to be able to find ways around aging and dying if you could afford the high cost that was.

Drake rolled his eyes at his Brother. The man really had no room to talk about anything - considering the thing he had married. "He just has a huge stick up his a**, the unpleasant kind" he said. Drake had tried at first to form some sort of bond with Blake - but the man had put up walls to prevent it at every turn.

"A close minded bigot sure. Or just his Brother who had to listen to all his fun activities" he said.

"No one asked you to focus on my bedroom that by the way is ON THE opposite side of the house from his" he said. Had his Brother actually heard him having sex that was his own fault for listening in on him, on purpose.

Drake turned and stared at the women when she pulled out her phone. A confused expression crossed over his face at the mention of Twitter. "Joel... Whats twitter and why am I slightly afraid?" He asked. He had never gotten involved with a lot of the hype or technology of the age. He knew how to use a computer, and had a cell phone for texting and calling (that had mostly been used to keep in touch with Joel) but that was about it. His knowledge of the new 'cool things' was very slim.

Drake watched as his Mother turned and looked at his sister in law. "There are other people in the room, control yourself" she said coldly. The woman sort of flirted with everyone, and Blake was convinced that it was Drake who wanted into her pants. God, he so did not want into her pants - he would probably catch something and die.

"It appears we may have given our children too much freedom in the relationship department. A former stripper, con artist and a werewolf" she said.

"And I'm sure you noticed her... Interest in me. She hardly hides it" he said as he leaned in closer to Blake. His Mother was eyeing the couple - giving them the evil eye, so clothes didn't start getting thrown off. "Everyone but Blake sees it" he said with a shrug. The woman had gone so far as to barge into his room while he was out and wait for him in a sexy manner.

Drake smiled at the woman "Yes obviously no competition. Joel is amazing, I mean after all he got me to... Settle down as you call it" he said. The way Drake saw it, he was old - he had lived a long time, he needed some excitement in his life and getting around had kept things interesting. "He's just so cute" he said. He really was very much into Joel and hopefully his parents would notice this.

"The only down fall being the fleas they carry around with them" Blake said as he castes a dirty glare in Joel's direction.

"And you carry around a parasite" he said as he motioned towards his wife - who stormed out of the room with a huff, apparently offended - and was quickly followed by Blake. "As you can see a vampire family is not that different then a normal family. We just tend to try to tare each others throats out when we get into it" he said with a shrug. Vampires bit sometimes on instinct - like he had bit Joel during sex early on. It was an instinct and a neck to a vampire could be extremely sensual... And Joel had a nice neck attached to a nice everything.

Somethings were better left unspoken, they had all seen the marks on Blake's wife when she was human - he had feed on her. Whatever the two of them did or didn't do, or whatever Joel was or wasn't okay with Drake doing was between them. "But the point is, this will happen with or without your approval we are simply passing on the news" he said. They could just go to the courts and get married - he doubted Joel would be okay with a random elopement, however Drake would be okay with that.

Drake thought he saw his Father gritting his teeth before he opened his mouth to speak. "I don't approve of this but we let Blake marry that woman... We have no legitimate reason to object to this" he said. He wad right, they had stepped away and let Blake marry and turn the wretched woman. "We always said you could marry who you pleased" he said. He had married who he had pleased - even though it wasn't the woman he had been supposed to marry.

"I would say not to get your hopes up on my son actually making it to the wedding" he said. Drake could hardly blame his father for the lack of faith in him, but he was going to prove every last one of them wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games