Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit look a bit more relaxed when he realized that Darren didn't seem to like his master any more than he did. "Well, they aren't just rumors... some of the rumors are true at least. Or maybe they aren't... I wouldn't put it past him to spread false rumors in order to cover his real experiments... "

"No, I'm not human." Kit looked from Darren to Mrs. Duncan. "Please don't freak out.... please...," he said softly. But before they could respond, he slowly slipped his hat off letting his poor cramped ears fall out and perk up. "I'm Lucas Donnovan's pet rabbit."
User Image

Darren didn't hesitate. "You are not his pet anything." You could tell he was surprised by Kit's ears, but he still held some of his composure unlike Mrs. Duncan. She was staring in awe at Kit's ears, looking from one ear to another and back again. "The fool couldn't get any recognition doing something legal! He doesn't own you. The law clearly states that no human being can be owned or have its freedom taken away by a citizen. It must be by law." He began pacing, glancing at Kit once in a while to make sure he still saw rabbit ears on Kit's head. "The law doesn't fully human. It merely says human. You have human in you. In fact, if those ears are your only physical characteristics, I would say you're at least 90% human. And he has broken the law by including humans in his experiments."

A soft chuckle escaped through Darren's lips. "He cannot touch you Kit. If he does figure out you're here there is nothing he can do. This is my property. I can make a scandal so big he'll regret ever going in genetics."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit sighed. "Actually, apparently he has found a loophole in the law. Because I was never human to begin with... I never had things added to me.... I was genetically created this way. Genetically, I am similar to humans yes, but I actually have less similarity genetically than monkeys do..." His ears drooped pathetically. "He started with rabbit DNA and modified it to give me a human appearance. So I was animal to start with, and then modified and grown in the lab... Or at least that is how he explained it to me when I first started asking about my freedom. As far as the law is technically concerned... I am nothing more than an exotic pet. And unfortunately... pets cannot hold jobs..." He looked at the oatmeal longingly. Maybe eating would quell his poor stomach.
User Image

Darren growled out of anger and stopped his senseless pacing. "Then I'll find another way to free you. If he doesn't want a scandal to happen or for me to buy him out he'll leave you alone... No. I'll go after him indirectly. I'm no a fan of threats, but I can make an offer that no one can refuse. I'll buy his shares out. First, I'll need to plan this more throughly and I'll need more time for that."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit looked up at Mrs. Duncan. "Why is he so worked up?" Kit had no clue about business. He had learned some about genetics in trying to figure out where he had came from. "What's going on? Can I eat breakfast now? Am I going to be safe? Mr. Donnovan isn't going to touch me and do things to me anymore is he?" He sunk down into her arms feeling somewhat safe for the first time in his life. Silently he wondered if this was what it would be like to have a mother...
User ImageUser Image

"Yes, dear, you can eat now. You're so safe that no one could hurt you here. No one dares to step in the wrong direction of Darren. You're as safe as can be. Now eat up and let Darren figure out what he is planning." Mrs. Duncan said giving Kit a light squeeze.

Darren placed his coffee cup in the sink and turned to Kit. "Where there others like you? And can you tell me what he made you do?"

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit eagerly dug into his oatmeal, obviously not having eaten for some time. "This is delicious," he told Mrs. Duncan. He paused when Darren began asking questions. "I'm the only pet he owns and keeps... but I know he wanted to start selling custom made exotic pets to high-end buyers. He said they would be very popular... And sometimes he would hit me if he got upset, but other times... he'd just take me up to his bedroom and..." Kit hid behind his bangs, unable to continue, and unwilling to show the shame in his eyes.
User Image

"The b*****d." Darren snarled. He looked ready to hurt- possibly kill- someone. "I knew he was sick and twisted, but I didn't know it was this much. I promise you that Donnovan won't get away with what he did to you. I'll make sure there is no chance of him getting out."

He took a few deep breaths, trying to calm his temper. "First, I need to take over Gene Labs by buying its shares without Donnovan finding out. Donnovan hung himself when he began messing with human DNA. Tell me, if you had the chance to right the wrongs Donnovan has done to you would you?"

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

"How can you set right what has already been done...?" Kit asked quietly, his voice barely a whisper. "All I want is just a chance....just a chance at a normal life..." He mopped at his eyes with his sleeve. "And if I have to be a pet...then I at least want a nice owner..."
User Image

"You're not going to be a pet. If you wish to forget your past then you can, but I'm going to make sure he doesn't continue making 'pets' for his own sadistic pleasures. I won't let him do what he did to you to someone else." Darren explained. "Help me stop him and I will give you the education you need to fight your own battles, but you'll take a course in business to help me stop Donnovan permanently. Will you help me help you?"

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit nodded fervently. "If it means never having to go back there, I'll do anything!" Kit's eyes were big and excited, which made it easy to see how young he actually looked. "Thank you Mr. Darren!" He quickly threw his arms around the other man in his excitement.
User Image

Darren's body went stiff. Of all the things he thought Kit would do, hugging him was not one of them. Such contact was foreign to Darren. He rarely touched anyone other than colleagues and the occasional women meant for his pleasure. Sure he brushed or bumped into someone in the streets or in the hallway of the business office, but that was it. Hesitantly, he patted Kit on the head right between his ears, ruffling the hair. "You're welcome."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit's ears twitched cutely when Darren stroked his head. It was easy to see why someone like Kit would be so desirable as a pet when he looked as cute as this. He let go of Darren and looked up at him. "Can I finish my breakfast now?" He was obviously asking for permission instead of asking a hypothetical question. Apparently his master had well ingrained certain habits into him.
User Image

"Hai. Go finish your breakfast. You don't have to ask." Darren patted Kit on the head once more before turning away. "You're free now and no one can tell you different." He stretched his arms above his head, hoping to relax his tense shoulders. "When you're done we will talk about your education among other things."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

"Okies!" He pulled his tail out through the hole in his shorts since it was rather cramped. And then Kit eagerly sat down to finish off the rest of his carrot oatmeal and to nibble happily on his strawberries. "This is really really good!" he tried to tell Mrs. Duncan between gulping down large spoonfuls.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff