Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser Image

"Is that so?" Mrs. Duncan asked with a weary sigh. "I guess Ill just have to trust you two to know your own limits. The reason I came up here was because of this..." She held out the letter. "What does he want?"

Darren took the letter and ripped it open. A few colorful curses were said as he read the letter. Lucas just had to ruin his day. The fool had a lot of nerve to even send him a letter. "The b*****d wants to meet with me."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit peered over his shoulder. "W-why does Lucas want to meet with you?" Kit asked. He could already feel his legs beginning to shake and a sick feeling began to well up in his stomach. "Do you think he knows about me being here?!" Kit clutched tightly to Darren.
User Image

"I don't think so, but I'm not sure. Why he wants our secretaries to attend the meeting is what confuses me. He either knows about you or wishes for their to be witnesses to our meeting. Regardless you will not be going." Darren stated firmly. "I won't put you in danger. I'll go alone."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit shook his head. "You can't go alone. That's not a very good idea. What if he tries to harm you!" Kit nuzzled his face into Darren. "Do you even have to go? Aren't you just going to give the press speech and then we can go on our vacation. Do we have to deal with him directly?"
User ImageUser Image

"I suppose not, but I want to know if Lucas knows about you. If he suspects you're with me what are the chances he'll hire someone to break in and come for you? Lucas may not think it is a coincidence that you ran away safely and his businesses are being taken right from under him. You have told me about companies I knew nothing about." Darren crumbled the letter in his hand and tossed it onto his desk. "Wouldn't you like to know or would you prefer not knowing?"

"If here is chance of you getting harmed in this meeting with Lucas, I think it best if you do not go. Don't meet with him. He could try to use the meeting against you later on. Say that you threatened him in the meeting. The media would love it!" Mrs. Duncan protested. "Keep your meetings in the open."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit pursed his lips, thinking deeply. "I do want to know if he knows about me,...because he would do anything in his power to get me back... but... I don't want you to get hurt. Mrs. Duncan is right. If you do meet him, it should be somewhere public. Like a restaurant or a cafe. Someplace neutral. Not anywhere either of you own."

Kit felt nauseous at the thought of Darren getting hurt. He hugged himself tightly to Darren. "If you go... please be safe... please..."
User Image

"I won't meet with him, but in exchange I don't want you at the press speech. I want you at the airport safe and ready to go." Darren explained. His voice was firm, but the heat in his eyes was blazing. The desire to keep Kit safe and finish off Lucas were both great, but the need to keep Kit safe was stronger. If anything were to ever happen to Kit, Darren wasn't sure he would stop at simply taking Lucas' companies. He knew he would need Lucas' life as well. "Deal?"

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit sighed with relief that Darren was not going. "Do I have to be at the airport by myself? I know Mr. William will probably drive you to and from the press conference... I... I don't want to be anywhere by myself... Not if he does know... Maybe I can stay at the office or something... You can pick me up there..." Kit hadn't noticed before, but he was shivering in fear.
User ImageUser Image

Darren wrapped his arms tightly around Kit. Lucas' would pay for the fear he was putting Kit through. Lucas would lose more than just his companies by the time Darren got through with him. "I intend to have guards protecting you. If I made arrangements for you to be at the office, you must stay in there. I'll have guards placed at the entrances to the buildings. No one is allowed in without my permission and you will not leave until I come for you. Can you do that?" Darren didn't want to have to lock Kit away for his own protection, but he rather be safe than sorry. He had no clue how far Lucas was willing to go for Kit, but then again Lucas had no idea how far Darren would go for Kit.

"I can stay with Kit in the office. That way if he needs anything I can get it for him." Mrs. Duncan said. Her maternal instincts raising to the challenge. "I won't let anyone get by me and you know your guards won't either. No one is going to hurt my son."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit slowly but surely stopped trembling as he felt his Darren's warm arms around him. The pressure was a little crushing, but it made him feel safe and loved, so he didn't mind. Kit looked up at Darren. "I can do that. If Mama is with me, it won't be so bad. Maybe I can show her all the things I get to do at work." Most people probably wouldn't think being an assistant was so great, but Kit loved it. He got to be with Darren most of the day, and lately he had been able to steal a few kisses during the work day, even if they had to be super careful about it since Darren was supposedly engaged. He smiled softly. "We could always have an indoor picnic Mama. And take some games. Hopefully the press release won't be too long."
User ImageUser Image

"A picnic is a lovely idea. I'm sure you two will get hungry on the flight." Mrs. Duncan said. "I know the plane's food is usually good, but nothing beats food prepared by someone that loves you. I will see you two down stairs for dinner."

"Then it is agreed. You may have my floor level to yourself, but you are not leave. Mrs. Duncan can get whatever you need. I will come for you after the conference is over and we will leave for our trip." Darren smiled at how close Kit and Mrs. Duncan had become. They were good for each other. He kissed Kit's cheek and released him to take a seat at his desk. There was still work to be done and he hadn't even started on his speech. "We will be in Greece before you know it. Until then it is time to get back to work."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit had relaxed a great deal. "I won't leave the building unless it's on fire or some other catastrophe. I don't think I do well around large groups of people anyway." He waved to Mrs. Duncan as she left. "Okay Mama." Kit bit his lip and shuffled nervously. "Um can I stay, or should I leave you be. I don't want to um... distract you anymore." He really wanted to let Darren work, but he really wanted to just sit next to him and lean against him. Being close to Darren was always calming, but sometimes they couldn't help but be a distraction to the other...
User Image

Darren nodded and held out his hand for Kit to take. "One last kiss before I started?" Darren would never tire of Kit's kisses. No matter how much of a distraction Kit could be Darren enjoyed having Kit at his side. He hadn't realized how alone he felt until Kit settled down into his life. Now, Darren was sure he couldn't live without his bunny boy. "Stay with me..."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

"I'm not sure I can stop at just one, but I'll try so you can work." said Kit with as soft smile as he took Darren's hand. The bunny boy leaned over and placed a long but chaste kiss on Darren's lip and a quick peck on his cheek for good measure. He then scooted a chair over next to Darren's and stayed there, sitting quietly with his head on Darren's arm. Soon... Soon they would be in Greece together, far from Lucas... Soon...

(WE can skip to the press release if you want.)
User ImageUser Image

"Mr. Emble what exactly made you want to take over some of the companies under Gene Labs owned by Lucas?" The reporter asked, his mike raised into the air. That seemed to be question on everyone's mind.

"I wanted them." Darren stated with a smirk. "At least that's what most of you would like to hear, but that was not the reason. I took them over and gave them a better purpose. I'm not saying research on human genes isn't important. I simply think cancer and other diseases are of more importance." He paused to looked around the crowd and look for Lucas. "How many people are tired of hearing about half solutions for an illness, but not hearing about a cure? I am one of them..."

Darren's speech went on. Adrian had stepped up and stood at side, commenting on certain things and answering the media's question. She smiled and held his through it all playing the supportive fiance well. They looked well together and the media thrived on their renewed relationship. "With the medical technology from both our companies and the labs researchers, we hope to find a financially cheaper and less body taxing alternative to the solutions that we have now."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff