Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit gave a nod and looked towards the bathroom, shakily, but more steady that he was downstairs, he made his way to the bathroom. Once he was in, he locked the doors, triple checking that they were indeed secure, and then finally took his hat off. Two white rabbit ears slipped out and then twitched. Kit sighed in relief as her massaged them. "Uwah~ They were so cramped in there. He moved to the sink and wrung the hat out as best he could and then began undressing.

The water felt like heavenly bliss until it hit his gash. He hissed and resisted the urge jerk it out. He knew it had to be dirty and needed to be clean. He slid farther into the tub and began scrubbing his hair, followed by his body except for the wound and the surrounding area. Taking a washcloth he began washing around it getting slowly closer and closer.

He bit his lip, bringing blood when he rubbed the wash cloth over it. After a through cleaning, and a good helping of tears Kit rinsed it off with some cool water to help ease the throbbing. Getting dressed in the clothes that had been laid out, he took a towel and tried drying his hat some more. It was only a little bit damp by the time he finished. Shoving it back onto his head, he made his way back out, holding a towel over his arm so he didn't get fresh blood on Mr. Darren's clothes.
User ImageUser Image

Darren was just closing his door when William called out to him. He couldn't ask for a better butler or maid, although he preferred not to call Mrs. Duncan such a lowly name. They'd been with him since he moved there years ago and so far it seemed like they had no intentions on leaving him. "Yes, William?" He leaned against the wall and rested his head there. He was more tired then he thought.

"Have you seen your guests wound? Do I need to call the doctor and have him make trip out?" Darren could see the worry in William wrinkled face and aged brown eyes. He knew the man saw some unspeakable things. You didn't have eyes like William's without going through something horrifying. "No, I'm sure you can handle it. It didn't look infected. He'll need stitches."

"I shall fetch something to numb him with. Is there anything I can get for you? Would you like some sleeping pills?" William asked. With a shake of his head, Darren closed the door. Tonight he would go without the sleep aide to keep an eye on his guest. It wouldn't do for him to sleep like the dead while Kit lay injured in the next room. He would simply not go in tomorrow. Hikaru, his secretary, could push everything back a day or two.

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit stuck his out of the room's door, whimpering slightly as he tried to stop the bleeding again. It had caked over and stopped beforehand, but washing is out had made it start again. He squeezed his eyes shut as he pressed hard on his arm trying to use pressure to stop the bleeding. Already he was getting dizzy again. "Mr. Darren? Mr. William?" he called out softly. Mentally he was calling his old owner every bad name he knew, which wasn't many.
User Image

"Coming." Darren called as he pulled on a pair of sleep wear pants. His bare feet made soft thumps as he walked on the soft beige carpet. "Are you-" Darren stopped at the sight of Kit's bleeding arm. "I guess you are. William!" He led Kit back into the room and prepared the bed for Kit. "You're going to explain what happened to you tomorrow. Tonight I let you rest up. I have no doubt that whatever William is going to numb you with will put you to sleep while he works on your arm." His blue eyes narrowed, daring Kit to disagree with him after all he had done.

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit nodded, shrinking back at Darren's intense eyes, looking a bit frightened of the other. Not because he thought Darren would hurt him, but more out of habit. He bit his already abused lip as he thought. "Can I make one request?" he asked tentatively looking nervous that even the simple act of asking something would bring about some great wrath.
User Image

Calm down Darren. He's not working for you and you took him in of your own free will. Darren mentally berated himself. He didn't mean to scare Kit. That's what happens when you're use to everyone doing as you say. "My apologies. I don't mean to scare you. Make your request. I shall do everything in my power to get it done." He wasn't some monster who went around scaring people in obedience.

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit relaxed a little; he wasn't used to someone actually tolerating his requests. "It-It's okay... It's not you... I'm just... not use to being treated...kindly. It's a habit to expect the worst." he shifted in the bed. "Um... well, I just wanted to ask if you would please just not remove my hat..." His eyes flicked up to Mr. Darren and back down. "That's all." He took a moment to pull it back firmly down. He really wished had a string or something to keep it on his head. And already his ears were getting cramped again. Regardless, he looked ready to doze off at any moment due to blood loss, regardless of anything Mr. William may give him.
User ImageUser Image

Darren held back a frown and kept his face neutral. He learned to control his emotions many years ago. "You seem so young to have lived such a hard life. I am a man of my word. Your hat shall not removed by anyone other than yourself." He pulled the covers up to Kit's waist and motioned William, who had been there waiting, forward. "I will be in my room. Once you're finished tell Mrs. Duncan to prepare something warm in the morning for our guest." Darren was more than ready for bed. It seemed tonight he wouldn't need any sleep aid. "Yes sir." William nodded and pulled a chair over next to Kit, setting the first aid kit on the bed. "And William. Don't touch his hat."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit ignored the comment about him being young. That would probably be true if he was human instead of being a pet. He looked a little bit nervously at William and the first aid kit. He had never had stitches before. But he swallowed hard and tried his best to look brave. He nodded to Darren. "Thank you...," he said, both for his promise to not taking his hat and for telling William to do the same.
User ImageUser Image

"You're welcome." Came Darren's voice through the door closed. "May I have your last name or shall I call you sir?" William asked as he pulled gloves over his longs fingers and up to his wrist. "Also, I need you to release the towel, so that I may see the wound. Once numbed you won't feel a thing." While he spoke, William went about setting up for the stitches, pulling out a small needle and a lot of thread. "I have plenty of experience. I even work on my lord Darren before."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit opened his mouth and then paused looking confused. Did he even have a last name? His owner had never given him one and he certainly wasn't going to take his owners. "Actually... don't have one... but I suppose I can think of one... How about Lapin? Is that an okay last name?" He really had never thought about it and continued to look a bit puzzled over the question, but he did remove the towel so William could look.
User Image

William's facial expression did not change as Kit made his confession. In fact, you would have thought he didn't hear the 'hat obsessed' boy. "Kit Lapin. I suppose it has a ring to it sir. Very well. You shall be Sir Lapin from this day forth." Carefully, he prodded the skin around the wound. "There will probably be a scar Sir Lapin. Are you ready to begin? Any more blood loss and you'll need to go to the hospital."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

"There is really no need to call me sir...," Kit said with a strange face "And I am ready to begin...." He could feel his ears try to droop under his hat. "And another scar or bruise won't matter. You really shouldn't worry so much over me. The silly thing just doesn't want to clot right..."He gave William a warm smile to try and show he'd be okay.
User Image

The procedure was quick. William had Kit numbed and stitched up in no time at all. He wrapped the arm up, so that the stitches wouldn't brush against the sheets and irritate the wound. "Tomorrow you can take off and allow it to get some air. But if you take a bath or go to bed allow me to freshly wrap it." William stood, moving the chair back to where it belonged and grabbing the first aid kit. "Goodnight Sir Kit."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

"Goodnight Mr. William," He yawned. "Thank you for sewing me up. And I'll let you know if I need it re-wrapped." He yawned again and rolled over falling asleep, instinctively holding onto his hat.

The next morning Kit rolled over and yawned, and surprisingly, he still had his hat on. He scooted out of bed, his arm feeling sore, but not as bad as the previous day. Most of his color had returned. He peeked his head out of the door trying to locate where some food might be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff