Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit nodded. "I'm sure Mr. William will be happy to see his family! I bet it's really nice to have a family. Ran was the closest thing to family I had. I guess we are similar to brothers since we were both created in a lab. Tell me... What's it like to have a mom and dad? Do mothers really tuck you in at night, and kiss you knees when you scrape them, and hold you close when you're scared? Do dads really tell bedtime stories and play games with you?" His eyes were wide as he looked at Darren.
User Image

"I'm not the best person to answer your question. Every family is different if you want to call mine that. My father abandoned me and my mother after treating us like servants. I have no fond memories of him. As for my mother, I only remember her crying and following after my father like a lost puppy. She cared for me in her own way I suppose. More than my father." Darren frowned at the memories. "As I said before- I'm not the best person to ask."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

I guess it doesn't matter too much... I didn't have much of a childhood anyways... I- Because of Lucas, I skipped big chunks of it anyways." He shifted the paper in his arms and sighed. I feellike I've missed so much because Lucas was selfish and impatient and wanted me to become mature faster."
User Image

"It all depends on who you ask. If you ask me you didn't miss anything at all. Your circumstances might not have been any different." Darren pointed out. "It could have been better or worse." Life was full of what ifs. Like the saying went... 'You can't spell Life without If.' It took up 50% of it.

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit raised an eye brow. "I really don't see how having parents, no matter how bad, can get much worse than being genetically altered, created, and then artificially aged at Lucas' will to be raised as a slave and pet who is regularly beaten, humiliated, and abused." He smiled warmly as he looked around the building. "Anything is better than that. I hear people who say it's boring to work in a job like this, but to me this is heaven. You get paid, you get lunch breaks, and you can even quit if you want to! Just even having the luxury to quit is-was unthinkable to me..."
User Image

"It all depends on the point of view and the life that was led. As I've heard, you can only play the cards fate has dealt you." Darren said, stepping into the elevator. "I doubt you will have that point of view due to the life you have led, but for others it becomes mundane and repetitive. Nothing is ever good enough."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

"They take so much for granted. There is so much to be happy for. So much to be thankful for. I'm thankful for you Mr. Darren, Mrs. Duncan, Mr. William. I'm thankful for this job, freedom, and for being away from Lucas....... And I'm thankful for carrot cake too!" He smiled obviously in a better mood now. He tilted his head and looked at Darren. "And the cards Fate deals? Why does Fate get to be the dealer anyways." He paused as he looked up at the sky as they came out the front doors. "I'd rather deal my own deck. That would be nice, no?"
User Image

"It is human nature to take things for granted. It is one of our most ugliest and stupidest faults." Just outside of the elevator doors was the car with William standing at the back passenger door. You couldn't tell if you didn't know William, but Darren did and it was easy to tell that William was excited about Jacob and Lauri coming for a visit. "Take us home William."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit nodded solemly. "As is their capacity for violence and cruelty." He waved merrily to Mr. William. "Mr. William! You're in a good mood!" He put on a brave and happy face for Mr. William. He really was happy that Mr. William was happy and would get to see his family. But he was still a little nervous down in the pit of his stomach.
User Image

William nodded to Kit and opened the door and went around to the driver side. Darren never did allow the man to close the door for him. He said he could do it on his own and so he did. William admired that about Darren. "Yes. So you can see. There is nothing special about being human." He waited for Kit to get in the car. "Don't try to be human Kit."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit nodded. "But there are humans that are really good too. Human's capacity for good outweighs the bad in the end though. Mrs. Duncan, Mr. William and you are really good people. Kit looked earnestly at Darren. "I want to be like you Mr. Darren. You're a really good person and you are strong and brave, and I want to be like that too." There was a small tinge of red on Kit's cheeks. He wasn't one lavish such intimate praise on another.
User Image

"Kit, I don't deserve such praise. I'm not as good as you make me out to be. I have my faults. I don't recommend being like me. You seem the type to make friends with anyone and everyone. I on the other hand try to stay away from people. I'll take the long way if it means bumping into less people." Darren motioned for Kit to get into the car. "Strong and brave, huh? I never thought of myself as that, but thank you."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit shook his head. "I'm not that friendly. I'm too nervous and timid to befriend people..." Kit said as he slid into the car. Trusting people is scary and for the most part, too risky." He paused. "And you are strong and brave! I'm really weak..." Kit rubbed his head. "Owwie... My ears are all cramped. I can't wait to get home." He laid his head over on Darren's shoulder. "Mr. Darren...? Can you rub my head some to help my ears some....?
User Image

"As you wish." Darren hesitated for only a moment. He was slowly, but steadily getting use to Kit's closeness. "You are wrong about yourself. You are brave. That's how you escaped from Lucas. Strength comes in different ways. I may be strong physically, but your heart is strong." He smiled sadly down at Kit. "I will admit trusting people is scary and risky. It is something I must do every day."

Dapper Lunatic

User Image

Kit thought for a moment, cringing a bit. You could tell that the rubbing hurt because his ears were so sore, but at the same time it felt good because it gave him some relief. "I suppose... But your heart is strong too. You're helping me even if you don't have to..." As the initial tenseness and soreness from his ears eased off, he began leaning into Darren, thoroughly enjoying the petting. "I'm glad I trusted you though,' he practically purred.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff