Welcome to Gaia! ::

Deadly Phantom

25,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

November 11 was obviously getting a kick out of offending Scarlett, as he had chuckled a bit at her comment about her being out of his league. " Or maybe is it that I'm way out of your league?" he joked. November took a sip of his beer " I knew the American agency's kept tabs with us at MI-6, I didn't think you yourself knew about it." He said placing his glass down on the table. After hearing how America just wanted BK-201 out of the way, so they'd kill the man who was the only one who might know what happened after Izanami died? November shook his head "What a waste, BK-201 might have some valuable information." he replied " He might be useful to you."

November wasn't surprised to see that she didn't know of the reward, " Yes." November told her " The government here is offering a large reward to anyone who captures The black reaper and brings him in." he explained. " I wouldn't mind a few extra dollars in my pocket." he added smirking."What should I call you anyways? I mean, I could think of a few things, but they aren't exactly.. work appropriate." Scarlett had asked him after they finished talking about BK-201. " You can call me November 11." he replied " And what should I call you?" he said leaning back in his seat.

He looked out the window seeing that the snow storm had subsided some, " How about we call a truce?" November 11 asked " That way we can do what we planed on doing from the beginning." he added " And no one would have to die."

Mean while Anabel was surprised that Hei had taken up her offer, " I promise it'll be something good!" she smiled. She turned to Mao after hearing his comment about burning the house down " I'll have you know I'm a pretty good cook." she said sticking her tong out at Mao. " Hei do you think we could do some shopping to make sure we have all the ingredients I need?" she asked Hei. Kiade looked over to Mao " I'm sorry." she said " It must be hard knowing you don't have a body to go back to." Kiade added. " I doubt my body would be in any shape to be useful anymore." she told Mao " It's been five years and who knows how much it has deteriorated since then...or if they even still have it."

Anabel had heard Hei mention that he had originally come to Japan looking for his sister, she wondered if he had ever found her. " I hate to pry." she began " But did you ever find your sister?" she asked her tone fell a little. Perhaps she had asked hoping he had, maybe it would give her hope of seeing her parents again. " I came here because my father was a scientist, he was studying hells gate and it's affects on the people around it." she told Hei. " He even went into the gate once and was one of the only ones to make it out alive."

Quote:
Catastrophic Cherie

OOC:

Cosmic Gatekeeper

blackmagic2005

User Image

Scarlett McGuire

I V Y

✫ --- τɑυ 723 --- ✫

Scarlett rolled her eyes. "You wish," she retorted snidely before downing a good bit of wine. Alcohol was definitely needed in the presence of this man. He was getting under her skin, but she wasn't about to let that show. It might be an amusing game if he wasn't such a clear match in deadliness. "I guess there's lots of things you don't know about me," she said teasingly, leaning over the table. Working for the agency had it's perks, and she had clearance to intell hidden from the public. She cocked her head to the side, growing serious again. "Me? What would I do with him?" she asked genuinely, though she wasn't sure if he'd say considering they were competing for him. "I thought 'took out BK 201' would be a nice touch to my resume," she mused with a smirk.

She simply nodded unphased as he explained the reward. Yes, the CIA wouldn't be too happy if she took up that offer. She'd still rather take him out and save anyone the trouble from trying to get their hands on him. She gave him a flat look when he gave his alias. "That's a lame name, November." She smiled a bit when he asked for her name, swirling the remaining wine in the glass around. "I go by Ivy," she answered, giving her code name.

The smile only grew when he proposed the truce. "Well, I'm glad you're not going to make me sneak out the bathroom window. They're a breeding pool for germs," she joked, pulling her gloves out of her pocket. She slipped them on to her hands. If he wanted to be amicable, there was no reason to keep her hands out in the open. It wasn't very fun that she didn't get to show off, but perhaps another time. "I accept your truce," she said, holding out her now gloved hand to shake on it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H E I

thexxxxxblackxxxxxreaper

вк 201

User Image

"Sure, we can go tomorrow morning," he said softly. Hopefully her body would have recovered by then. He'd need to remember to pick up some oranges to boost up her immune system to keep her from coming down with something. "Eh, I kind of like this body. Couldn't fly when I was human after all," Mao said with a small laugh, but he was just putting on a brave face. It was hard for him, and he missed a lot of things about his body. Some days were harder than others for him. Especially the risk of losing connection with the server again and losing himself to the animal he possessed was a constant fear in the back of his head. "I doubt it. They like to take care of their loose ends," he said with a small frown.

Hei looked at Anabel, his lips curling down into a frown at her question. He twiddled with the now barren dango stick in his hands. "Yes and no," he said reluctantly. It was a tough subject. But maybe the reason he didn't talk about it, was because he didn't really have anyone to talk to about it. Mao was the closet thing he had to a friend, but he wasn't the sort of friend he would confide in about these sorts of things. It was complicated to explain the events surrounding Bai's disappearance. "She died," he finally said in a soft voice. Well, it was the easiest way to answer her question when the real answer was a part of her lived on inside him.

Hei raised his brows, mildly impressed with her father's area of research. He himself had been within the gates and knew what it was like. "Do you know who took them?" he asked.

Deadly Phantom

25,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

" Ivy huh?" November 11 said with a slight snicker " Well I guess your name is no better than mine." he said poking a little fun at Scarlett. His lips curled into a smile at Scarlett's acceptance at his truce, at least now he wouldn't have to dirty his hands with something he believed was not really much of a threat. He took her hand lightly and shook it, he noticed her gloves and looked down at them momentary, did she have a problem with germs or perhaps had her hands gotten cold as they spoke? What ever the case he hadn't noticed her wearing them before. " You know I like you." November 11 said standing up from his seat. " You made this whole conversation fun, or perhaps I enjoyed toying with you a bit." he added.

" I'll make you a deal." he said walking toward the door of the restaurant " If you help me catch BK-201, I'll let you do what you want with him after I'm done with him." he said looking over his shoulder at her. " This way my client won't be breathing down my neck, and your CIA won't be all over you." He laughed at her comment about crawling through the bathroom window " Well I don't think a lovely lady like yourself would actually stoop that low." he snickered. November 11 extended his hand to Scarlett offering to help her up from her seat out of politeness, though he didn't expect her to take the offer of a hand up.

Mean while Anabel had asked Hei about his sister, at first his answer confused her but then when he had said his sister had died, a familiar pain rushed through her. " I'm sorry." she said her tone was sad even though she was trying to hide it. Just then she heard Hei ask her a question she thought she'd never hear " Who took them." He had asked meaning Anabel's parents. Anabel sat quietly for a moment before answering debating on whether or not she should tell Hei what happened. Then finally after about five or so minuets she spoke up " It was the Syndicate." she said looking down at her hands on her lap. " When they learned my sister was a contractor they wanted her to work for them." she told Hei " And even though my father and mother had become afraid of my sister they refused to let her become a killer."

Anabel continued " So they stormed my house that night with the intent of taking my sister, they made up a lie saying my father was experimenting and that he was the reason my older sister became a contractor." her hands gripped tightly to her skirt as she continued to talk " I didn't want them to take her away so I...I told them if they touched her I'd beat them bloody, one of them pulled a gun and shot a round at me and my sister took the bullet." Anabel's voice began to crack and her eyes teared up as she continued to talk " She died and they took me and my parents away, afraid we might spill top secret information about the gate." She tried to wipe the tears off her face so Hei wouldn't see them, she wasn't one to cry in front of people she didn't really know.

" I don't know how but some how I managed to escape and went on the run." She left out the part about being a contractor herself thinking that Hei might react badly to it like every else she'd met except Kiade of course. Anabel decided that the only way to stop herself from crying was to stuff all of her dango in her mouth at once, they were surprisingly good but her eyes wouldn't stop tearing up. Kiade looked back at her " Don't stuff your face like that." she said irritatedly " You'll choke just like last time." Kiade then turned back to Mao " I guess that's true." she said " But don't you ever miss having thumbs?" she asked him " I do." She looked down at her big paws " It's kinda sad but I almost miss being hit on by men as I'd walk down the street." she half laughed at herself for thinking like that.

Quote:
Catastrophic Cherie

OOC:

Cosmic Gatekeeper

blackmagic2005

User Image

Scarlett McGuire

I V Y

✫ --- τɑυ 723 --- ✫

"I guess that's what happens when we don't have any say, hm?" she commented. But really, she didn't think her code name was too bad, though it wasn't the most original. It did well not to raise eyebrows as it could double as an ordinary enough name. His alias did nothing toward helping to blend in.

"Stop, you'll make me blush," she said sarcastically with a smirk to match. She raised up her brows, mulling over his offer. "No catch?" she questioned skeptically. "Well, in that case, you've got yourself a partner," she stated. This was a pleasant turn in events. She preferred solo work given the nature of her work, but maybe teaming up could be fun. This matter could be taken care of quickly if she wasn't having to worry about watching her back for another contractor.

She wanted to snort at his comment, but she opted for an amused smile. Scarlett didn't care to share her history of unlady like behavior. "I don't know about that." To catch the targets she was assigned off guard, she often played the part of a high class call girl. Most of her jobs were unsavory men with too much power such as drug lords, arms dealers, sex traffickers. People who brought trouble to the states. Not every victim was a scourge. Sometimes it was a matter of taking out a current or potential politician that the government didn't want in power. She stared down at his hand, debating if she wanted to accept the help. With a small sigh, she placed her hand in his and allowed him to help her out of her chair.

"Thank you for lunch. I'm glad we were able to come to a mutual understanding."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H E I

thexxxxxblackxxxxxreaper

вк 201

User Image

His dark blue eyes widened slightly as she revealed the criminal organization that he had worked under for many years had been behind her parents disappearance and as the story went on, her sister's death. He wore a grim frown. "That's terrible, I'm sorry," he muttered. In that moment, he decided it would be best if he kept his past with the Syndicate a secret. Though, it wasn't a detail he had been planning on opening up about, but now he'd have to watch it and make sure Mao kept his mouth shut as well.

Hei could relate very well to the story about her sister. Xing was a contractor while he had been human. Their parents died in a car accident, so they were raised by their paternal grandparents. Xing became a contractor when the stars went away and was quickly recruited by the Syndicate. Joining the organization was not something he wanted, but he tagged along for the sake of protecting his little sister. He had sworn he wouldn't let anything happen to her, but he failed that promise in the Heaven's Gate War. Then, he became a contractor. He maintained his humanity though he had become hardened from the blood on his hands.

"Syndicate really just screws up everything don't theeeayow!" Mao mouthed off before curving off into a yelp as Hei yanked on his tail to get him to shut up before he went any further.

Hei wanted to do something to comfort her tears, but he didn't know what he could do. When Xing was upset, he used to take her outside to look at the stars. But the sun was still up and it was freezing outside.

Mao was nursing his tail, smoothing out the ruffled fur. "Yeah, you really don't realize how handy thumbs are until they are gone. Driving is something I miss," he said with an air of nostalgia. He chuckled a bit. "Oh, that too. I miss the ladies, but I have to say I get a closer look at those ankles from down here," he said, having quite the attraction to the body part.

"You can rest easy. You'll be safe here," he assured. Hei wasn't the one to take her parents away nor did he have any involvement in what went down, but there was a part of him that felt a bit guilty for being affiliated with the people who might have been the ones.

|| ooc | So, Hei can find out that Ana is a contractor and Ana can find out Hei is ex-Syndicate =w= ||

Deadly Phantom

25,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

" Yes I suppose." November 11 said helping Scarlett to her feet, " They could have given us worse code names." he said leading her to the door. November had mentioned them working together to find BK-201, "No catch." he said. "Thank you for lunch. I'm glad we were able to come to a mutual understanding." Scarlett said as they left the little restaurant " It was my pleasure." November replied half bowing. " At least I didn't have to dirty my hands and all worked out well if I say so myself." He and Scarlett walked to the street corner November waved to July who was sitting in the window of the coffee shop across the street. July got up and met them where they were standing.

" So all worked out well?" the little boy asked in a monotone voice. "Yes." November answered looking down at July " We've decided to team up." He told the little doll. July looked over at Scarlett with his emotionless eyes and then back to November 11 " Are you sure you can trust her?" he asked. " It'll be fine." He assured the boy leading him down the side walk. November 11 turned to Scarlett " So where should we begin?" he asked.

Mean while Anabel had finished off her dango but she was still tearing up, but then her sadness turned in to a bit of rage as she slammed her hands on the table and stood up. " I'll make then all pay!" she exclaimed " They'll see! they should have nev..." but she was suddenly cut short as she suddenly felt dizzy and collapsed. " Anabel calm down!" Kaide exclaimed as she watched Anabel fall over " You still haven't completely recovered from that ordeal earlier!" but Kiade's words came to late since Anabel had already collapsed. Kiade shook her head " That girl never knows when to stop." she sighed.

She then turned back to Mao " What I wouldn't give to be driving in my old car with the top down." she said nostalgically. Kiade heard Mao mention that he had a better view of his favorite fetish, woman's ankles from the height he was now. " I've always been an eyes type of girl." she said staring in to space " After all the eyes are the windows to the soul." she added turning her gaze back to Mao. Kiade had never mentioned her past but as she said she was always been an eyes type of girl, he brought back memories of how she had met her ex-husband. It also brought back memories of her child a baby girl, yes she had been a mother before she was a contractor and lost it all...but yet for some reason she wasn't sad but perhaps this was just part of being a contractor.

Kiade wondered if being a mother may have been why she had such a hard time leaving Anabel alone to fend for herself.

Catastrophic Cheriequote

OOC:Lol yes...though I wonder how Hei will react to her being a not so ordinary contractor, and I'm not sure what Anabel will be like when she learns that Hei used to work for the Syndicate...O.o Oh also I changed they way my quoting you works, I realized in another Rp that what I was doing originally wasn't working so I hope this way works better! 3nodding

Cosmic Gatekeeper

blackmagic2005

User Image

Scarlett McGuire

I V Y

✫ --- τɑυ 723 --- ✫

Scarlett crossed her arms as they headed back into the cold with a displeased groan to leave the warmth of the building. When his doll showed back up and questioned her loyalty, her expression grew flat. "You sure do talk a lot for a doll," she muttered crossly. She followed along on the sidewalk. Her shoulders drooped some when November asked for a starting point. "Don't waste any time, do you?"

"I was going to investigate his last known address. Someone may know where he's hiding out now," she said, digging the piece of paper out of her pocket. If they were really lucky, he would have kept to the familiar surroundings and merely adopted a new alias. She wasn't putting much faith it that however.

H E I

thexxxxxblackxxxxxreaper

вк 201

User Image

Ana's burst of anger did not phase Hei, but what did was when she toppled over. He stood up quickly, his sudden movements causing the table to shake. He rushed to her side, catching the girl before her body hit the floor. He sighed heavily in relief that he had been fast enough. He sat down on the floor, easing her down gently and letting her head fall into his lap to rest. "She'll get herself killed if she doesn't start taking it easy," he said with a frown, as he stared down at her.

Mao peered over the edge of the table down at Hei and Ana. "Does she do that a lot?" he asked flatly.

|| ooc | Bleh. Short. Sorry. =w= I think he'll act pretty well compared to how others would act, but it'll still be a surprise since he's the only weird contractor he knows of. I get updates by subscribing to the thread, so it hasn't been a problem. It is still messed up btw though. If you want to copypasta this, it should work ||

[quote="Catastrophic Cherie"][/quote]

Deadly Phantom

25,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

" The faster I work the faster I get payed." November said with a smirk. He watched as Scarlett produced a small piece of paper from her pocket, " You always com prepared don't you." he joked. "Don't for get we also have July and I'm sure he'd be quite useful in our mission." he added looking back at Scarlett. He watched her for a moment and noticed she seemed to be freezing as the walked down the snow covered sidewalk. He sighed and took of his suite jacket and placed it on Scarlett's shoulders " Didn't anyone tell you it was the dead of winter here before you left home?" he asked slightly smiling.

mean while Anabel had passed out thanks to her mini fit of rage and the fact that she hadn't completely recovered from nearly freezing to death earlier that day. "Does she do that a lot?" Mao asked peering at Anabel and Hei from the edge of the table. " She dose have an attitude I will admit to that." Kiade answered climbing out from under an up turned bowl that had fallen on her after Hei had sprung up to catch Anabel. Anabels cheeks were flushed and she looked to be sweating. " Looks like she might be running a slight fever." Kiade said now next to Mao looking over the edge of the table.

"She'll get herself killed if she doesn't start taking it easy," Hei said looking down at the girl laying in his lap. "Your telling me." Kiade replied " She just doesn't know when to stop."

Catastrophic Cherie

OOC: It's fine my post is on the short side too..lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas