Welcome to Gaia! ::

"You can only fight to be yourself for so long before you FORGET who yourself is."

User Image Mikael didn’t have to say that he was upset for being out of the loop for her to know it. She could have woken him up the night before, and she probably should have. Seneca had been worried that he would try to stop her though. It had been the only plan she could think of to try to get them out alive, and Seneca hadn’t wanted Mikael’s protectiveness over her to kick in.

“Well, you might want to get used to her unless you can think of somewhere else safe to keep her.” Seneca reminded him, as much as she hated thinking that they wouldn’t have much time alone. Being able to go back to the house to be with Mikael had been the best part of her days.

Reaching the house and heading inside, Mikael got the first words in to Adrianna before Seneca could. She could only sigh softly, hoping that the animosity would not continue for too long. Otherwise this would be a very uncomfortable stay for the three of them. Mikael went to get the supplies for her arm, and Seneca just gave Adrianna an apologetic glance. “Help yourself to anything in the fridge. We’ll figure out plans soon.”

Then she followed after Mikael. Even though she was still on the high that came with killing people, her arm was definitely starting to hurt. At least the bullet wasn’t still in there. Heading to one of the side rooms, Seneca sat down. When he sat to get to patch up her arm, she gently took his jaw in her hand. “Try to be a little nicer. Remember that love makes people do stupid things.” She gave him a kiss before sitting back so he could clean and bandage the wound.

Once they were done, Seneca led the way back out to the living room. “So what is your plan from here?” She asked Adrianna, wondering if she was finally ready to go back to the police with her tail between her legs. Although Jaiden would be a lot more helpful to them if Adrianna was on their side, but she was obviously on a road to getting both of them—well, all four of them at this rate—killed.

8,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Ӎikael Ģage Ⱥltair

Myxlovextellxmexxhowxdoxwexgetxthroughxthexnightx

Ϻy loѵe telʅ mɘ: wɧere ɖo ѡe gɵ fɾom hϵre
Oɳ ɑ fɩre τhat iș keeϼing tiϻe?
Mɏ lovε teʅl ɱe: hoщ ʠo wɇ ɠet throʉgh tɦe niɠht?

At Seneca's words Mikael shook his head. He didn't want to have to get used to her. He was going to suggest their old house, but knew that was the farthest thing from safe. And as if they didn't have alone time to begin with. When Seneca spoke to her Adrianna just nodded. He could tell the woman was shaken and he couldn't entirely blame her. Even if she had gotten them all into this, she still didn't deserve to have been treated the way she had been. Even though he didn't want to feel bad for her, he felt his heart soften.

Letting out a heavy sigh he turned his back on Adrianna. He couldn't look at her right now, and Seneca's wound needed more attention than the other woman's. Seneca's words, when she spoke, were soft. She wasn't necessarily chastising him but he could tell she wasn't proud of the way he was acting. "I know." His voice was soft. "I understand she's been through hell and I do feel bad for her. But she's going to get us all killed. And I can't allow that, Seneca."

He set to cleaning the wound, knowing how bad it would hurt. He continued to apologize as he used the peroxide to sterilize it. After wrapping it up and sat back to check over his work. When he was sure it looked good he followed Seneca back to the living room. He settled himself on the couch, noticing that Adrianna hadn't moved. When Seneca spoke she looked up and shrugged.

"I'm not sure. I know what you both think I should do." She glanced over at Mikael briefly. "But if I go back to the police my chief will send me away. Probably for a long time. I know it's stupid, but I can't walk away now. I can't leave him..."

Mikael sighed again. "Well, is there anywhere safe you can stay?" She shook her head. "We can't bring Jaiden here, Adrianna. No matter how grateful he is to Seneca, I'm not comfortable with him knowing where we are." He looked over to Seneca, raising his eyebrow. He wanted to know what she thought.
"You can only fight to be yourself for so long before you FORGET who yourself is."

User Image Seneca could understand Mikael’s worries, Adrianna had certainly put them into more danger than she would have liked. There was no way that Seneca would stick her neck on the line for Adrianna if it didn’t benefit them. Today was the first and last time that she would risk getting killed to save the woman sitting in their living room, and that was only to keep Mikael safe. Even then, she just smiled reassuringly and joked to ease the tension, “Well, so far so good with staying alive.”

The peroxide always stung, and as gentle as Mikael was trying to be, there was no pleasant way of cleaning a bullet wound. Seneca had become used to such things, but that did not stop her from flinching occasionally, which always got an apology from Mikael. When he was done wrapping her arm, she moved it, around a little, making sure that it wouldn’t stop her motion at all. “Still works.” She said with a smile, getting up to head back out to the other room.

Adrianna had not moved. Sometimes it was hard as an assassin to remember that most normal people did not handle the threat of death very well. At least maybe her shock would keep her from asking where Seneca learned to fight like that. Even FBI didn’t kill like she did, after all.

Of course she wouldn’t go to the police or have anywhere safe to go. Seneca rubbed the back of her neck with a heavy sigh. She met Mikael’s gaze, completely agreeing that there was no way Jaiden would come anywhere near this place. Even telling Adrianna where it was had been risky. “Whether the police send you away or not, you won’t see Jaiden much. Trent will kill you if you keep hanging around.”

Seneca went into the other room, grabbing a glass of water for Adrianna. She was racking her brain for a solution, but nothing was coming. In fact, the only positive to this whole situation now, was that they could use Adrianna and Jaiden to get information from Trent. After all, he had to have access to most of the information that Trent did. Returning to hand the glass to Adrianna, Seneca decided that she needed to know exactly where Adrianna stood in this situation so they would know how to deal with her. “Is he worth dying for? Because that’s where you’re headed. Especially since he might be the one to put the bullet in your head if he finds out who you really work for.” It was harsh, but that was reality.

8,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

xxxxxxxxxȺdrianna Ӎarie emire
User Image

Adrianna's mind was still processing things a bit slow. It still felt like at any second, Trent would come bursting through the doors and kill her. She barely noticed when Mikael and Seneca disappeared and she didn't question about how Seneca took out all those armed guards on her own. She was beginning to wonder how true her story was about being an FBI agent. But she didn't think her brain could handle being given too much information at the moment, so she didn't press the other girl for answers.

She understood Mikael's anger towards her, especially if his over-protectiveness was a clue to how he felt about Seneca. She felt terrible for putting her in danger, but she didn't know what else to do. If she had gotten hold of the chief she'd be out of this mess but far away, and Jaiden would have been brought down with Trent. And Trent was the exact reason she hadn't wanted to text Jaiden herself. He would have probably come in, guns blazing. Especially if he thought it was because Trent knew about them.

Adrianna took the glass of water offered to her, downing half of it with a few drinks. When the other girl spoke, Adrianna nodded. "I know he will. Or worse, he'll kill Jaiden. I can't be sure what he's capable of." She knew the smartest thing to do would be to return to her chief and tell him she couldn't do this mission. That Trent knew who she was and she had to get out. But she just couldn't do that.

Seneca's next words made Adrianna sigh. She stood up and started to pace, unsure of what to do about anything. She was stupid enough to believe she could tell Jaiden about who she was and think he'd be understanding. He would kill her, because he'd never believe her feelings for him were real. Nor would he tolerate a traitor. "I don't know." She hated how much she didn't know, hated how complicated this task had become. All she wanted was to talk to Jaiden, but she was afraid it was going to be a long time before she could do that.

User Image

foʉnd ɑ liɳe, anɖ tɧen iț greω. Ȋ fouɴd mɏself stiʟl thinӄing oғ yѳu.xxxxxxxxx

User Image Of course they all knew what the situation was. No matter what they did, it was not going to be the right decision. There was no obvious answer to this question. Seneca could only watch the woman pace, wondering how she could love someone that she was lying to about everything she was. She couldn’t ask that though, because obviously Adrianna didn’t even know the answer.

Seneca tapped her foot slightly in frustration, but that was the only sign that she was getting irritated. This was going nowhere. “Well, I suggest you think on it. Because either you need to go to the police and get out of here, or we’re going to need you to help us get Jaiden’s help on some things. In the meantime, you should probably get cleaned up. I have extra clothes if you need them. Maybe take a nap. It’s been a long day.” She wanted to take a nap even though it was barely after noon by this point. There was too much on her mind and too much to get done though.

“We need to talk.” She then turned her attention to Mikael, figuring that Adrianna at that point could do what she wanted. Seneca then led the way into the other room, going through her clothes so that she could changed even though she couldn’t take a shower if Adrianna did. “We need to compare notes from last night.” She reminded him as she changed her top and pulled on a sweater. “Maybe we could go get lunch somewhere so we can talk without disturbing Adrianna?” Of course she meant so that they could talk without being overheard.

8,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Ӎikael Ģage Ⱥltair

Mikael was alright with hanging back and letting Seneca do the talking. At least she didn't insult Adrianna or be cold to her every few seconds. So he stayed silent and listened, hardly believing how many times they had almost been killed in the past twelve hours. He wasn't sure about Seneca but it was definitely a new record for him.

When the conversation was over Mikael followed Seneca into the other room. He knew what she wanted even before she spoke and he nodded. Getting out of the house seemed like a good idea, even though a large part of him wanted to do nothing but sleep. He gazed at the bed for a moment with a look of longing before digging to find his own clothes. He let Seneca dress first and then he changed.

"I'm pretty sure she isn't budging on this not going to the cops thing." Mikael told her quietly. "It just makes me wonder how cooperative Jaiden's going to be with us." He grabbed up the car keys and headed out to the living room, glancing over at Adrianna. "We have some things to take care of. You should get some sleep. Don't go doing anything stupid while we're gone." He headed out of the house feeling like he was decently nice to her. Or at least as nice as he was going to get.

"Any place in particular?" He asked once Seneca was in the car. He pulled out of the driveway and just started driving, waiting for her reply.

User Image It was all too obvious that even though they were giving Adrianna the time to think over throwing her life away, she was not going to go to the cops. At least that would slightly work in their favor. “Jaiden owes me, and hopefully having Adrianna’s influence will help.” Seneca reminded him. She also hoped that Trent trying to kill his girlfriend might shift Jaiden’s loyalties a little.

After changing, one of her guns was placed in the back of her pants. It was amazing how comforting the feeling of metal against her skin could be after so many times when her outfits wouldn’t allow for any hidden weapons. Heading out, Seneca simply nodded to Adrianna on their way out. While she doubted Adrianna would try anything, there was still something discomforting about leaving someone that she didn’t fully trust in their house.

Getting in the car, Seneca shrugged slightly in response to his question. “Anywhere with coffee.” Which showed how tired she was. She never touched the stuff unless she really needed a pick-me-up. Eventually they decided on a small café Panini place not too far away. Seneca didn’t even bother trying to discuss anything until she ordered a coffee from the waitress.

“So please tell me you found out something useful for everything we went through.”

8,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Ӎikael Ģage Ⱥltair

Her words reminded him of something he had meant to say to er. "You shouldn't have told him you're an assassin." It was drilled into him by the beginning of this life that you never revealed what you were to anyone. He was rather surprised she had, even though he understood the reasons. But he could have killed her on the spot for what she told him.

When they arrived at the cafe he order a coffee as well and waited for the waitress to bring their drinks back. When Seneca spoke he shook his head. "Sadly I didn't learn much. Just that the clientele there aren't exactly on the up and up. Gang members hang there but I doubt if Jaiden's gang has connections to them there's any other gangs there. And that the people deal with assassins. But Hammond being there is kind of proof of that."

He took a sip of coffee feeling like they had risked their lives that night for nothing. "Did you figure out anything useful?"

User Image Really, Seneca was surprised that Mikael hadn’t gotten upset over that matter sooner. “I know, but what else could I do? ‘Hey, you should listen to me because I’m a trophy wife’? Besides, maybe this will make him think twice about crossing me.” That, or he could just put a picture of her into the right hands, and she’d be the newest target to a lot of assassins.

Getting her coffee, Seneca listened to Mikael and drank the black liquid with only sugar in it. By the time he was done talking, she had already finished half of her mug. “Next time you have a stripper on your arm, make sure it’s because you are getting useful information.” She joked even though it was apparent that there was a bit of jealousy behind the words. The waitress came to take their order, and Seneca gladly accepted the refill on her coffee. It was going to be a long day.

Once the waitress was far enough away, Seneca returned to their conversation. “I…think so. I mean, it didn’t make sense at first. Once I knew that the group dealt with assassins though, it started to make more sense. A couple of them were talking business, and they mentioned people getting some blackmail or being killed by Trent. I think one of them was also about to mention Chester before he was cut off.” She paused to drink more of the coffee, thinking over what she was going to say as if to test it for any holes in the theory. After all, the previous night had been a bit of a blur between the adrenaline, the alcohol, and almost getting killed. “I think they were talking about us.”

8,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Ӎikael Ģage Ⱥltair

Mikael sighed when Seneca spoke. He did understand why she told him, and it made sense. But it didn't make him like it anymore than he had when she told him. It put her in danger and he hated that. "Or maybe you just moved to the top of his hit list." He muttered darkly. Seneca knew what she was doing but again this was something she had done to keep him safe. And to rescue Adrianna. Every time he turned around it seemed the careless cop was dodging their every step and putting them in more danger than they already were. That didn't exactly make him warm to her.

Mikael took his coffee black, downing the warm liquid in a matter of moments. He needed the energy pick me up quickly. A small smile slid across his lips at her teasing manner. But the smile was more for the hint of jealousy he had heard in the undertone of her voice. He thought it was kind of cute to see her get a little bothered by something so trivial. The stripper hadn't even been that attractive. The waitress came by again before he could give a retort and she refilled his coffee. He took a sip, drinking it a little slower this time.

He took in the information Seneca had retrieved, his facial expression betraying nothing. To anyone it would appear he was unconcerned with her words, or bored by what she had said. But he knew Seneca would pick up on the slight shaking of his hands. It took a lot to shake Mikael Altair - the death seeker - and internally he was very bothered by this information. He always knew how dangerous this lifestyle was, but he had never for once thought he wouldn't know who was trying to kill him. But by this point he had acquired many enemies. He just didn't know which ones would also be after Seneca.

And was Chester involved in all this? Was that why he seemed so distant and strange lately? Had he known he was sending them off to their death? Had he done this on purpose? Mikael couldn't think about it. If it was true he would have been betrayed by the person that was closest to him. Chester was like a father to him and he felt the knife twist in his heart. He couldn't speak and so he just shook his head, staring down at the bitter tasting coffee. What were they going to do now?

{One Oreo Cookie: So sorry for the delay. Things got a bit crazy after we got back.}

User ImageThe conversation was making Seneca anything but comfortable. In fact, she was more on edge than she could remember being in a long time. Of course it had already crossed her mind that Jaiden might put her as the next one on his list to remove. Having someone else point that fact out did not help anything though. Her only hope was that he appreciated that she saved Adrianna and that maybe, just maybe, he would remember that Adrianna was with them and that Seneca could potentially change her mind about keeping his girlfriend alive at any point. Not that she would do anything to Adrianna so long as she didn’t betray them, but it was always a card that Seneca could play if things got desperate enough. Not to mention they had apparently made a new friend at the strip club that seemed to want them dead.

As if that was not enough to cause the uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach, Mikael’s reaction to her words was. Or rather, his lack of response. She knew him well enough to spot the small signs like his hands shaking just barely. If he had said something or even frowned, then Seneca would not have been as concerned. Seeing him hide his fear as much as he could, however, let her know that things really were that bad. Neither of them knew who to trust and who to watch out for. Anyone could be out for their blood, and that was not a good thought for an assassin.

“So how do we play this?” She finally asked, knowing that they had to figure out what to do from there. “Obviously we’re on our own now, but we have to keep playing the game.” They couldn’t let Chester know about them, and they couldn’t let him know that they were potentially on to him. Same with everyone else, but the question was whether to take the chance of making a run for it or continuing with the mission they had been given. Other assassins would certainly come after them if they tried to skip town, but trying to find some unknown blackmail in Trent’s possession might be just as dangerous.

8,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Ӎikael Ģage Ⱥltair

He was sure Seneca was as worried about him in this situation as he was of her. The smartest thing he could do would be to run. Without her. He didn't want to leave her, wasn't sure he could. But he knew it would be safest for her. Mikael gazed up at her from his coffee and he knew he would never be able to leave, even if it meant keeping her safe and alive. She wouldn't let him anyways.

At her words he frowned slightly. "We're going to have to continue this charade." The danger that was following them now would follow them if they ran. And they would have even more people after them if they chose that. The assassins wouldn't rest until him and Seneca were found. "As hard as it is to imagine, we would be in more danger if we ran." And he knew they would never live a normal life if they did. Every day they would be looking over their shoulder wondering if death awaited them around every corner. At least they may be able to beat this danger.

"Besides, we still have our trump card." He was referring to Adrianna. It was obvious now that Trent wanted her dead. But she had Jaiden eating out of the palm of her hand. If they could get him on their side they may be able to get the information they need. And maybe come closer to figuring out just who was after them.

User Image Of course they couldn’t run. As much as Seneca wanted to get in the car with Mikael and drive until they ran out of land, someone would find them eventually. Assassins were a well-connected bunch, and they would not let any of their secrets or dirty laundry escape. As much as she wondered what it would be like to escape this and have a normal life with Mikael, she doubted that they would ever be able to have that. So there was no point in daydreaming about such a day.

Another sip of her coffee and a slight nod in agreement. They both knew what they had to do. Now they would just have to hope that no more surprises popped up. “So we have to figure out exactly how to use the trump card to get them to help us. I can guarantee you that Jaiden knows where Trent holes up with all of his information. Even with Adrianna owing me one, I have a feeling that she won’t agree to being told what to do. We’re going to have to keep her on our side for the time being.”

But what then? Even if they did get to the information, Seneca, for one, had no idea what they were looking for. Even if she did, who did they give it to? What was to keep Chester and everyone else playing games with their lives from killing one or both of them the second they had this information?

8,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

Ӎikael Ģage Ⱥltair

Mikael was wondering about having a normal life too. If it was possible he would love to have one with Seneca. Maybe even kids. He had to laugh inwardly at that thought. Assassins with children. What a terrible idea. Then again, his parents had been assassins. Yet, look at how he turned out. Like father like son he supposed.

Listening to Seneca's words he nodded his agreement. Adrianna was their best link to getting whatever information they needed. But yes, she was right. The girl wouldn't like being told what to do. And they already established she wouldn't put Jaiden in harms way. That was what worried him. How would they do this without putting Jaiden in danger? Especially since, from everything he's heard, Trent was a danger to Jaiden every day,

Mikael had the same worries as Seneca. This was the closest to death they had come and now they were walking the line. At any moment he expected someone to come out of nowhere and kill them both. "All we can do is find a way to get access to information and hope we get something good enough to trade for our lives." It was obvious by his tone he didn't expect that to happen.

User Image Although the idea of running off to a normal life with Mikael sounded wonderful at the time, Seneca knew that it would never last. She had already tried the “normal” life, and it had driven her insane. At first only constantly working out had kept her nerves at bay, and then even that did not work. After this life, she could not live a normal life with nothing to do and imaginary danger at every turn. She would be a nervous wreck; especially since this time, the danger would not be so imaginary if they ran.

Sighing, Seneca finished her second mug of coffee. She still felt tired though, and a foggy brain was deadly in their line of work. At the same time, she did not need to caffeinate so much that she became jittery. Hopefully getting some food in her system would help. Pushing the empty cup away, she thought on Mikael’s words. There was just too much hoping that they had to do for this to all work out. “All we need is information from Jaiden and maybe a distraction. He never has to be directly involved so long as we can get into Trent’s hideout and get the information we need.” At least then Jaiden would not be in direct danger, and Adrianna would have no reason to object.

The waitress came with their food at that point. Seneca thanked the woman and waited until she was gone before breaching the next subject. Perhaps an even more dangerous one. “So…the guy you knew at the club that hired in our line of work. How much of a threat is he going to be?” After all, the man obviously knew Mikael and had a vendetta against him, and now he knew that she was important to Mikael. Two things that were never good for an assassin.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff