Welcome to Gaia! ::

"He's not mine" Jay said glancing over at Joon. It was true, Teddy wasn't Jay's,at least no yet. Thought the quarterback wasn't even sure he wanted anything to do with Teddy. They were such different people that he was almost certain it wasn't going to work out. He did have to admit, telling Teddy that Jay wanted to practice being a coach might just be the ticket to getting the ball rolling on the whole bet. That seemed like the only logical thing, he could say it was a fall back in case graphic design didn't work out. It was always in Jay's nature to think of a fall back plan, so it shouldn't seem too far fetched.

Joshua laughed, maybe harder than he should have "You are" he said calming his laughter down to a chuckle. "You don't have to become a buff athlete." he shrugged "But it wouldn't kill you to be stronger than a 12 year old..." The musician moved grabbed his readings for next class and waved to Teddy as he left to play his violin in his secret location. Countless times Josh had considered following his roommate, but he understood an artist desire for privacy. Besides, the time alone gave Josh a chance to read in peace and unwind a little before ending his day

8,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
The next practice, Teddy lost in his thoughts while folding towels. While his meditation had cleared his mind, he was still a little hesitant on what to say to Jay about this training. Sure he could use a little more muscle on his scarcrow arms when came to carrying supplies around ad for when a dummy fell on him but Teddy hadn't done any sort of physical activity since kindergartener. When that had happened, during some kind of sack race, Teddy had to be rushed to the hospital. He was having trouble breathing, an asthma attack. He had not had oneas bad as that for long time. a very gasps here and there beforehis mother put him on medication. Since then, he had been avoiding all P.E. classes and any physical activity that could trigger his asthma again.

There was another reason why he was hesitant. Jay wanted to train him. Training someone to try things they had never done before meant touching..some sort psychical contact to aid Teddy how to do certain stretches. Teddy was not ready for that. He always got squirming when people touched him, like everyone around him had some sort of adult version of the cooties. It was worst when it was another man touching him, especially muscular men built like Greek Gods that were confident in every way. Those type of men always intimidated Teddy and yet he was fascinated by them all the same. The way they walked, the way they stood tall like nothing could knock them down, the way they smiled like they didn't know the word 'fear'. the way sweat would make their muscles shimmer in the sun light, outlining every detail...

"LOOK OUT!!" Teddy looked up from his day dream of Greek gods in the sunlight to see a black spot in the sunlight. "huh?" SMACK! Teddy fell backwards off the bleachers, a red mar left on his forehead as the football that had just smacked him between the eye wobbled around on the grass. "...ooowww..."

"oh man. That's gotta hurt." A few of the players winced as they laughed at the bad luck of their towel boy. "Think you killed him Adam."
"Ah shut up. Guy's been hit with worst."
"Man Jay you better teach the kid how to catch a ball or we're not gonna have a towel boy anymore."
The practice went like any other, Jay had even convinced their coach to let his replacement run most of the plays, just in case he had to in a real game. It took a lot of convincing, but telling the coach that the team was only as good as its weakest link seemed to help. Jay was good at what he did, but convinced the coach that putting all their eggs in one basket with the championship on the line was a terrible idea. So he was benched most of practice, and he hated every second of it. From the bench he could see every mistake as clear as day, even the ones that the coach missed and it was driving him crazy not being able to say something. It got to the point that when the team started to run the plays he would find something else to look at. One time Teddy caught his attention, and made him chuckle as he seemed to be off in la la land. If only Jay had known just what their little water boy was thinking about.

He cringed when he saw the foot ball fly through the air and hit Teddy in his face. Rather then help the poor man all his teammates just stood around and watched, even joked about the thing. Jay got up and walked over to Teddy ignoring the comments from his friends about needing to teach Teddy how to catch. He crouched down in front of Teddy, eyeing the red mark begining to form on his head. He knew that if they didn't get some ice on it, the spot would welt. "Hey," he waved his hand in front of Teddy's face "Are you alright?" He smiled gently, "That looked like it hurt a lot more that being pinned down by the dummies.' He extended his hand out to Teddy "Here, let me help you up and then we'll get you some ice"

8,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Teddy blinked at the shadow looming over him before his eyes adjusted to show it was Jay extending a hand to help him up once again. "I-I'm alright." Teddy said, putting his slender hand in Jay's strong hand, the hand pressing against his forehead. With Jay's help, Teddy got back to his feet, though he stumbled a bit. The blow to his head really knocked him out of balance. "I'm alright..Just..just had bit of the wind knocked of me" He stated as the rest of the team came over to check on their waterboy. With Jay's help, Teddy walked to the medic room in the back where they got an ice pack on the red bump. That certainly helped numb the pain.

"Thank you Jay." It always seemed like when ever Teddy fell into any kind of trouble it was always Jay there to lend him a hand. If Teddy was pinned under a dummy, Jay was there to get it off him. If Teddy was tangled up in some netting from the game storage, Jay was there to untangle him. If Teddy had gotten hurt by accident, Jay was there to get him to the nurse. Jay was always there for Teddy, perhaps Jay really was just trying to help the smaler male out with the training offer. Or Jay was just tired of always being the weaker male's white knight.

Teddy adjusted the ice pack on his head, making sure the coolness was right on top his wound. "Jay..about your training offer." He started. "I'm not to certain its a good idea, I'm not the most activate person. I haven't played any sports since kindergartener or even jogged much. It was really nice of you to offer though and you did make some good points about me needing a bit more strength in my arms."
Jay examined Teddy's head, running his fingers through the others hair looking to make sure that there were no huge bumps forming. He checked for cuts and made sure that Teddy wasn't bleeding and didn't need to go to the hospital. "Oh there's not need to thank me. Just remind me to work those guys harder so they can make up for this" he smiled at Teddy before standing back from the other. "Well, it looks like you'll be alright" he said looking over the other. He was about to leave Teddy to himself when the other mentioned the offer to train. He stopped and turned to look at Teddy listening to the other explain his reservations about the whole project. "I'm not going to push you any farther than I think you can go" He smiled at Teddy gently "Why not give it a try? If its really not for you then we can stop." he shrugged like it was really nothing. Like it was no sweat off his back if they didn't work together in a training situation.

8,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
It was amazing. Jay was a star football player, built to run into others like a bull, throw and kick a ball several yards across the field and yet his strong hands were being so gentle with Teddy's head as though it was a baby bird. Feeling those thick fingers rubbing along the back of his skull sent a shiver along his spine. Oh what would be like to feel those hands follow that shiver.. Teddy stopped himself from imagining that, knowig once he started it was going to be impossible to keep his imagination from going to further places for the hands to trail against.

"Alright." Teddy said, adjusting the ice pack on his forhead to keep the blood from rushing to his face. “I guess it nevers hurts to at lest try right? How about a two week trail? If I survive the two weeks, we can decide wether or not to keep going. Sound good?”

Two weeks, it should be enough shouldn’t it? If teddy couldn’t handle it for just two weeks then it just wasn’t meant to be. The smaller male would then return to being the gropher and towel boy for the team. On the bright side, maybe at lest trying would gain a little more respect from the other players. Sure they weren’t picking on him as much before but he often felt like the youngest Weasly brother with them. Then again this training could end up back firing and making Teddy seem more pathetic than before.

“So I guess we start on Monday then?” he asked.
Jay smiled when Teddy agreed to go ahead with the training. He promised not to push the other too hard but he would make sure to help Teddy see his potential. He agreed to two weeks, "But we do it my way. No whining" he smiled at the other before extending his had to shake on the agreement. He was glad that he had gotten past this hurdle and was able to at least get the agreement. Now he just had to figure out how to train the scrawny kid who was easily taken down by a practice dummy.

Ah, he had until Monday to figure it out, and that was going to be more that enough time. Or he could just wing it, if even just for his own amusement.

8,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
"Deal." Teddy shook hands with Jay but deep inside he was wondering if this was a good idea. He knew he wasn't athletic in any way, he was out of practice and he believed that this was only going to give the team more things to joke about. The chances of Teddy even making through the first day was a risk, but Teddy made a promise and he always kept his promises. It was one of his best qualities.

Come Monday, Teddy was regretting the deal. There he was after morning classes, standing in the field with Jay, wearing a pair of gym clothes that had never left his closet. It was so strange wearing shorts and seeing his snow color twig for legs. He looked like a scarecrow compared to the football player. Thank goodness the team wasn't here to see this.

The scrawny British man rubbed his arm as he awaited instructions on what to do first for the training, feeling awkward and wishing for the two weeks to go by fast.
"So...What's first?" he asked, trying his best not to seem too nervous. It was just exercising, it wasn't like Teddy being forced to something degrading or humiliating like stripping for money.
Monday came and he waiting for Teddy agreeing to meet long after anyone would be on the field. He watched as the other walked towards him in his shorts, stick left poking out from the fabric. He was almost sure he had never seen such a shade of white before in his life. He wondered if the rest of the Brit's body was the same color. Everywhere. He shook his head, clearing his mind before greeting Teddy. "Well, I don't want to push you too hard. I'd hate to put you in the hospital the first day." He handed Teddy a yoga mat before laying out his own. "I figured this would be a good way to start for you. It seems like something that would suit you." He started to position himself on his mat for the first pose "It will work of your strength and cardio without the need of your inhaler" He shifted his weight getting into the warrior pose "Just follow me, I'll correct your form as we go on"

Not many knew that the team captain did yoga on a regular, he wasn't even sure his roommate knew about it. But he did, finding it as the best way to clear his mind before a game and after a hard exam.

8,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Teddy rolled out the mat given to him before stepping on it to mimic the pose Jay made. His slender arms outstretch in front and behind him, bending his front leg while the back leg remained straight. This wasn't too bad. While he hadn't try yoga before he found that it was sort of when he played his violin. There were times he would stretch out his limbs while playing the strings, moving to the music of his very soul. Stretching, turning, feet doing a small jig, whatever the music spoke his body would reply to it somehow.

"How did you know about the inhaler?" Teddy asked. He hadn't used it in front of the team, at lest he didn't recall using it in front of them before. Nor did he need his inhaler as much as he use to as a kid. He was on this special medication that aided in his breathing and allowed him to go longer without his inhaler, though he still kept it in his backpack in case he had an attack.
Damn it! Jay and his big mouth. "I..." he paused for a moment trying to figure out if he should try and talk his way out of this or fess up. He sighed, convincing himself that he would just admit to Teddy what he promised himself he wouldn't "Some days I come early to practice, and some days I stay late. You know, to make sure that you don't get stuck under the equipment, or something." he shrugged as he moved over to help Teddy's form. He stood behind Teddy, resting his hands first on the others sides to pull his back straight and then on his hips to square them "I saw you use it once, when one of the tires rolled away from you and you had to chase it." He then moved in front of Teddy, raising the mans arms to the proper position. His eyes locked them the ball boys "I was going to come and help you, but you seemed to have everything under control" he shrugged "I just stayed and watched as you lay on the turff taking deep breaths. Once you were standing, I left"

He moved back to his mat, positioning himself back in the pose for a few more seconds. From the warrior he moved to the tree pose. Both arms up in the air, supporting himself on one leg while the other was bent, foot to knee. His leg muscles flexed as he took a deep breath. It kind of felt like a weight had been lifted when he confessed to Teddy that he was keeping an eye on him. Though he didn't know how the other would take it. What if Teddy was mad? That would end this whole thing. Ugh. Maybe he should have just kept his big mouth shut.

8,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
(stalker much there Jay? XD)

The british man tensed a little when he felt the other's firm hands on his sides but forced himself to relax so he could shift where Jay needed him to shift. It did not help his nerves at all when the hand ended up on his hips.

Oh Bloody Hell...Why are his hands so freaking big? I feel like a twig next to him. Is everything on Jay so-
He quickly stopped his thoughts,trying to focus more on what Jay was saying while adjusting Teddy's arms. Jay could easily hold both my wrist in one hand if he wanted too..He swallowed slightly as their eyes made contact, swearing for a moment the more athletic student could read Teddy's thoughts.

"O-oh..I see." he replied to Jay's story on how he had been watching him.

He's been watching me?

Teddy felt a bit embarrassed that his habit of getting trapped under the tackle dummies had led Jay into feeling obligated into being at the field longer than needed in case Teddy needed help. He was even more embarrassed by the fact Jay had seen him used the inhaler. Not to mention the few other things Teddy may had done when he thought he was alone. Jeeze, Jay must think Teddy was the most pathetic guy in school now. The British man couldn't run or throw or even carry things like Jay could.Probably was even a bit embarrassed by Teddy too, which could be why the football player offered to train him. To help Teddy be a little less pathetic.

But no matter if Jay truely thought ill of Teddy for being less of a man, Teddy wasn't going to let his hurt feelings take place here. Jay was trying to help Teddy and Teddy had agree to try.

"You didn't catch me doing anything else did you?" he joked lightly, shifting to mimic the next pose. He was a little wobbly on standing with one leg, nearly losing his balance once or twice but he didn't fall. Which to Teddy was a big achievement.

"Jay, would you mind not mentioning my inhaler to anyone? Especially the team." he asked as he struggled to keep from losing his balance a third time. "It is a little embarrassing though I don't use it very often, just for emergencies. It actually use to be a lot worst when I was little. It got to a point where I couldn't even go outside but it's alright now. I have been taking medication to keep my asthma under control."
Jay shrugged, trying to play it off like it was nothing. Though his cheeks told another story, as the turned a bright shade of red. He really was embarrassed that he had to tell Teddy that he had been watching him. At least he didn't have to explain that part of it was because he wanted to, he didn't have to explain that he found it adorable how the smaller man struggled to pull out the tackle dummies, or how the the exasperated look on his face made Jay's heart race when a tire would roll away. It didn't happen every day, but when it did it was worth it.

He shook his head "No, I really just stayed to make sure you got the dummies out alright and then I'd leave" he lied. Those days when he was the last one out of the locker rooms, they were because he had stayed and watched Teddy set everything up. That he wouldn't admit, he might just die.

When Teddy wobbled a bit he smiled, pretty impressed that the other hadn't fallen over, which is what he expected, and maybe hoped for a little. Just so that he could help him up. "Don't worry, I won't tell." he said softly. Of course he wouldn't tell, because then he would have to explain how he came to get that information. It was bad enough having to tell Teddy, he wouldn't tell the whole team! No. Way. "Its nothing to be embarrassed about" he continued "Its a part of who you are." he shifted into the downward dog pose "And you're a pretty swell guy, Teddy"

8,650 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
"And you're a pretty swell guy, Teddy"

Did Jay really just say-Teddy's heart swelled at the compliment. He never in his life been called swell. Nice, usually. Sweet, maybe even cute. But swell,that was a new one. He was about to thank Jay for the compliment but his the moment he saw the football player change into a rather provocative pose, on all fours with face to the ground and his rear sticking up in the air. Why in the name of Queen Elizabeth would an exercise for stretching have such a pose while wearing such small shorts?! This wasn't training, this was temptation!

Swallowing slightly,remembering that he swore not to whine dispite that he wanted to very much protest to this pose, Teddy lowered to the ground to mimic the pose as best as he could while avoiding looking at Jay.
"Ahem..so um...how many more stretches do we need to do?"
Jay glanced over at Teddy, allowing his eyes to wander for a moment. Oh boy. He really had to keep it together. He had the sudden urge to run his hands down Teddy...No...snap out of it Jay. Focus on the pose. Yes. See? It's bad right? He tried not to laugh at the other attempt at the position. "Tired already? " he joked as he stood back up reaching for the sky with a satisfied sigh " Well I guess that's enough for today" he said starting to roll up the mat. He didn't want to push Teddy and anymore stretches would be for his own selfish enjoyment.

"Hey, I would rather the team not know about me..." he paused trying to find the right thing to say. He didn't want to make Teddy feel bad but he didn't want to look like a creep either "keeping an eye on you" he didn't sound too sure about the phrase. "You know, for both our sakes" he smiled hoping that would be enough.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff