Welcome to Gaia! ::

Catramblish's Partner

Akiyo looked down at his chopsticks, feeling them vibrate at Haruka's will. He smiled a little bit, the first time he's smiled since meeting Haruka. "Well, they don't seem too unpleasant, especially the healing. What harm can healing bring?" He could figure out a few answers of his own, like the constant need to always heal people but he wanted to know what Haruka thought. It was odd for her to even think healing could be unpleasant. Compared to shields, it was much more useful. Healing wouldn't break the same way a shield might under much pressure, and he knew that from experience.
"I'm controlling the vibrations, but if I were to let them loose... Glass shattering, people falling to the ground in pain as their eardrums take a literal beating, maybe even burst, things falling apart..." Haruka said with a light shrug. "As for the healing... It doesn't take away the pain, and the healing can come too quickly. Imagine I break a leg. In that case, I wouldn't be controlling the healing, it'd heal the bone even if it'd heal wrong," she continued, her face falling a little. She'd experienced the situation several times. "Then you have to break the leg again, and through the pain I have to keep the healing under control while somebody sets the leg... Plus, there are operations... I have to be awake during those, usually without sedative..."
There were more things. Healing caused you to be reckless, and just because you healed didn't mean you couldn't die. Haruka's hands were scarred from exactly one such lesson.

Catramblish's Partner

Akiyo nodded. "That would be a problem. I never thought of that." He took another sip of his iced green tea drink, about to ask another question, when someone came bolting into the classroom right at Haruka.

Haru bolted into the classroom, looking for Haruka. He was everywhere around the school, looking for her, before he finally found her several minutes after leaving Yuki. He sighed from relief at seeing her and went right up to her, grabbing her hand. "Haruka, we--" He started breathlessly and loud, but spied Akiyo out of the corner of his eye and calmed his breathing, talking quieter too. "Haruka, I need to talk to you. It's about Natsu and her wanting revenge." He gave her a look that spoke volumes about what he had meant.
Haruka blinked in surprise. Not only at Haru talking to her, but also at the idea of Natsu wanting revenge on her for some reason. "Natsu? Why would she-" she interrupted herself and glanced at Akiyo. She loosened her arm from Haru's grip and started to pack her bento. "I'm sorry, Akiyo, I'll talk to you later. Thanks for the company," she said to the Umito, giving him a warm smile before grabbing Haru's hand and pulling him along.
"We'll go to the roof, things should be fine there," she said.

"What on Earth would Natsu want revenge on me for, what are you even talking about, Haru?" Haruka burst out when they got to the roof, swiftly turning to Haru and folding her arms under her breasts. Natsu should be thanking her, she'd saved Yuki from something horrible!

Catramblish's Partner

Haru narrowed his eyes. "How can you even ask that? You beat their father to a bloody pulp! And for no reason at all!" He turned away from her, sighing heavily and scratching the back of his head. What a mess this was. "I only came to warn you because Natsu plans on putting you in the hospital, if not six feet under. And she won't be alone, she promised to bring friends." He looked back to her, angrily now. "I'm putting myself on the line here, and all you can say is you don't know why Natsu wants to basically kill you? Do you even know how much you tore apart Yuki and Natsu's family and devastated Yuki's life?" Haru was floored now, as if all these years of pent up anger was overflowing inside of him.
Haruka was clearly stunned. Not by Haru's anger or his words, but by the first thing he'd said. "No... reason at all?" she said, blinking in shock several times. Then, realization hit her.
"Yuki never told you... She never told you what really-" Haruka stopped as tears began to run down her cheeks. "She told you I did that for no reason at all, and you... believed her?"
Haruka bowed her head, her tears dripping down to the ground as she started shaking. She grit her teeth tightly as rage took her. She pulled up her long sleeves, showing her badly scarred arms. Most of the scars were from surgeries, but some she'd done on her own. She didn't pull up her sleeves to show Haru, but it had the same effect. With a dash, Haruka grabbed Haru by the collar and easily lifted him up, slamming him against the stone wall of the roof's entrance.
"No reason at all! You believed that! You were my boyfriend, and you believed I'd hurt a person like that for no reason!? You, if anyone, was supposed to believe in me! You didn't even talk to me afterwards, and now you come here spouting her lies!? How dare you, Haru! If you had any idea what I went through for the two of you-" Haruka yelled, the wire fence around the roof starting to shake with her anger, letting off a loud rattling noise. There was a loud crack from below them and a shriek as a window broke.
Haruka caught herself and let Haru go, but she was still crying heavily. "I thought... Yuki was my friend... But she never... told you... How could you, Yuki?" Haruka whispered, falling backwards to the ground in a seated position, covering her face with her hands as sobs wracked her body.

Catramblish's Partner

Haru staggered back from being let go from the collar. Yuki... what? What had happened? The boy's mind was swimming, and he felt light headed from all the thoughts rushing to his head. Initially, when Yuki explained what happened, he didn't believe her. He felt like there had to be some reason. But Yuki was crying so hard, he had no choice but to believe that she was telling the truth. And at the age of 14, what was he suppose to believe? Although that was no excuse, he knew. He was two years older now and still had believed it, until...

Haru knelt down next to Haruka, steel in his eyes. "Haruka," he said, almost a whisper, "What really happened? I need to know. I have to know." He wouldn't budge, no matter what, until he told her. Nothing she could do would stop him either, not even her strength or anger.
If Haruka was clearheaded, she never would've told Haru. Even if Yuki had betrayed her, it wasn't her story to tell. It never had been. Two years ago, Haruka would've understood if Yuki hadn't told Haru, but now... It was like she was hiding it.
"After Yuki ran away from us, I followed her... When I got to her house..." Haruka started shaking at the memory. "Her father had torn her clothes to pieces, and he was... leaning over her, without pants... he was about to..." Haruka started crying again, but managed to get out a few more words. "I lost it. He was about to... rape my best friend... He was her father, but he was about to..." Haruka's voice trailed off. It was a traumatic memory for her. That disgusting man, holding Yuki down... Part of Haruka wished she'd killed him.

Catramblish's Partner

Haru's mouth tightened considerably. He was angry that that had even happened, but more importantly, he was angry at Yuki. Why would she hide this from him? Haruka saved her from a terrible experience that would have scarred her for life. Why would she lie? What motive would she have? It didn't make sense to him. And the fact that her father even dared to touch her made him almost want to kill him himself.

He looked right at Haruka now, completely focused. "We need to go talk to Yuki about this. Now. We need answers, this can't continue. You didn't do anything wrong."
Haruka shook her head. "I still drove her out of her house, I'm still... I can't," Haruka said, looking down at the ground. She couldn't accuse Yuki of lying, even if she had. Haruka had lied even more, and maybe even for the same reasons. But... maybe that was exactly why they needed to talk. Yuki would reveal her secrets, and... Haruka her own.
"No... you're right..." Haruka almost whispered. I have... my own secrets to share," she said, looking down at her scarred arms.
Haruka picked up her phone from her pocket, shaking, and called Kotone.

===================================

Ten minutes later, Yuki sat in a couch in the Occult Research clubroom, taken there against her will by a woman she didn't know. She'd been taken inside, Kotone had thanked the woman, and then she'd disappeared, leaving Kotone and Yuki alone in the clubroom. Kotone had told Yuki to take a seat, and Yuki had done as she asked, not having much of a choice.
Kotone was humming to herself in a corner, seemingly making some tea. She was wearing her usual hooded black cloak.
A minute later, Haruka entered the clubroom, making Yuki freeze in instant fear. Behind her...
"Haru..." Yuki whispered, her heart in her throat.

Catramblish's Partner

Haru was standing behind Yuki. It took him everything not to march up in front of her and demand all that she lied about. He was angry at her for not telling him about the lie she created, which in turn created his resentment against Haruka. He knew that she must have felt ashamed, but he would have told her by now the real truth and possible apologized for blaming Haruka, the person who saved her.

Taking a deep breath, Haru, murmured in a controlled voice, "Tell me everything, Yuki, about the night your father was injured. I want to know the truth, from your lips, of what happened."
Yuki started shaking almost immediately. She didn't want Haru to ask her that, anything but that, she didn't want to remember, she didn't want him to know about...
"I- I've already said everything," a weak part of her whispered, but her eyes were forced up when Kotone placed a cup of tea in front of her.

"I'm fairly sure everyone in her already knows the truth, Yuki, there's no need to conceal it," she said matter-of-factly, ignoring the chiding look Haruka gave her from the door.

Yuki bit her lip. She couldn't hide anymore. It wasn't possible. She had to... confess.
"I ran home, I couldn't... couldn't stand to see you and... Haruka being together. It... hurt too much," she stuttered out. "Father... was waiting... Said he'd held it in for too long. He grabbed me and..." Yuki's voice quivered. It looked like she was about to throw up. It took her a minute before she could continue. "He tore my clothes and... grabbed my..." Yuki had to hang her head. It was like a PTSD flashback, talking about it.
"Haruka came, right as he was about to... do it. Then... I-I don't remember. Blood... the sound of breaking bones... It was like... a monster," Yuki said. Her head was still hanging, so she missed Haruka looking to the side in shame. "Don't remember much else... Heard mother and Haruka yelling... next thing I knew, I was on the street with... with my bag. I'd been thrown out..."
Yuki covered her face in her hands. "Couldn't tell you, couldn't! It's my fault! I tempted him, somehow, it was my fault! I'm tainted, dirty! Couldn't... couldn't tell the boy I loved about..."
Yuki started crying uncontrollably. She was terrified. Haru would reject her, and then she'd be truly alone in the world. Her family had already cast her away, the only one she had was Haru. "I couldn't... risk losing the only person I had left..."

"I was still there, Yuki! I would've come back if you needed it, even if Haru had rejected you!" Haruka burst out, near tears herself. She drew in a sharp breath when Yuki shook her head.

"Couldn't... think of you as human, after that... It was like... a demon. Plus... you were my rival, the one who had everything I... I wanted..."

Catramblish's Partner

"What do you mean she had everything you wanted?" Haru understood that the abuse was something that was probably reoccurring, without Yuki confirming this, and since Haruka hadn't gone through the same abuse, he could see where he was coming from. But what was this about rivals? What was this about wanting what Haruka had? He had no idea and it confused him greatly.
"Rivals in love. I told you, when I confessed, that I'd like you for a long time, didn't I?" Yuki said, looking up at Haru and smiling through her tears. Two years ago, and for most of their friendship, Haru and Haruka had been together. The entire time, Yuki had liked Haru too. "And it's... the same with... having everything I wanted. Everyone liked Haruka... Haruka was strong, and brave, and had friends. She had a family who... loved her, not one who hated her. She was beautiful, talented, smart... All I can do is just bake," Yuki said with a short, bitter, laugh. "I was... always jealous."

"Yuki..." Haruka whispered. She finally felt like she understood. Yuki and Haru had been friends first, and Haruka had intruded into that sanctuary. If Yuki's father had always been abusive, and Haruka knew Yuki and Natsu had never been particularly close... Then Haru was the only one Yuki had, and Haruka had stolen Haru away in Yuki's mind. It... made sense now.
"I think it's my turn to reveal secrets, then, and clear up this misunderstanding," Haruka said, giving Kotone a small smile when she looked at her cousin in shock. Haruka started unbuttoning her shirt, as if Haru wasn't there. While she did, she kicked off her shoes. When her shirt was open, Haruka slid off her pantyhose and took off her shirt afterwards. Finally, she removed her long skirt.
Haruka's body was covered in scars, from neck to toes. A few of them still looked fresh, but most looked several years old. There were more than anyone could realistically count. Like Akane had described, it was as if somebody had cut Haruka to pieces, then tried to put her back together. As if that wasn't enough, Haruka reached up to her hair and removed her hair extensions, dropping them to the floor. Her hair was much shorter without them, as if somebody had shaved her head a year ago, and then let it grow from there. Haruka's hair grew very fast, in reality it was a shorter time than that.
"I've had... a disease, since I was born. At sudden times, I'd lose control of myself and attack people around me. Mom and dad were particularly affected, Kotone got a beating sometime too," Haruka said, giving her cousin an apologetic smile, but Kotone just waved it away.
"The only ones it never happened around, were you two, Yuki, Haru," Haruka said, and smiled at them, too. "I don't know why, but it just... never happened around you. But we were worried, my family and I. What if I did lose control and... killed one of you? Haru in particular was in danger, since we were so close... So... we went to my godmother, in the US, a neuroscientist. We used her connections to try to find somebody who could cure me, so I could live a normal life and be with you, but..." Haruka smiled sadly. "Doctors didn't want to work for free. They wanted me as a test subject, a willing half-Umito test subject who wouldn't die under the knife, since I heal so quickly."
Haruka traced a scar over her abdomen and stomach. "They took out one of my kidneys here, trying to see if it'd grow back from my healing. It didn't, so they tried to see if it'd heal outside of my body... it didn't. I'm lucky I'm pretty much immune to disease, because I've only got one kidney now," Haruka explained. "My hair is short due to brain surgery I've had... I think I've had it four times, all to try to find the cause to my condition. I had to shave my head every time I had one, when I visited you, I was usually wearing a wig."
Haruka went on to explain how she had to be awake during operations, and usually without sedative, in order to keep her healing at bay. She explained how, during the worst moments, she'd cried for Yuki and Haru to save her. She kept going, mercilessly, explaining several scars, how and why they were made, and the methods that were used to examine her. Yuki had covered her face with her hands and was shaking her head while crying. She was a delicate girl, and seeing all those scars, hearing the explanations was just too much for her, especially since Haruka went into details in an effort to fully explain what she'd gone through.
"I haven't had an attack for two years now. The last time was... You know when, Haruka said, coming to the end of her explanation. "We think it might be cured, but there's no guarantee. We never found the cause, so... Yeah... That's... my secret," Haruka finished, shrugging lightly. She looked at Yuki, who was shaking in the couch, looking at nothing after hearing Haruka's descriptions of what had been done to her.
"You were right, Yuki. I'm... a demon."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces