Welcome to Gaia! ::

Catramblish's Partner

Misa had pretty much ignored the group besides Akane, especially Yuki, who was bombarding both of them endless questions. It was sickening to the girl. Yes, she knew the human was curious as to what it was like to be an Umito and to get to know people she just met, but Misa just wanted to be left alone. She felt grateful for Akane, just the fact that she was there to answer the girl's questions without complain.

Despite Misa's grouchy mood, she was a bit impressed with the campus. She even muttered out loud, "Damn campus is better than ours." She glanced over to the dojo with an evil gleam in her eye, knowing that she'd be there most of the time, whenever she was the the surface and could get access to the school. Just the fact that she could use her martial arts skills felt nice. Her school didn't offer a dojo. Before it closed, programs shut down left and right. The middle school she had gone to before this new school used the high school's grounds for programs, such as the martial arts one where Misa learned her skills. The lack of teachers and population was the problem in them closing the schools.

Misa shrugged when they had stopped to see the grounds. "So I guess we're done here?" she said it very casually, very lax. Her mood had perked up a bit, but anyone who knew Misa knew it could change within a moment's notice.
Yuki faltered a little bit again, but straightened herself up and nodded.
"Yes, I'd say so. I was told to show you two to the teachers' office if I met you, so I'll go with you there now, then we'll probably head straight to class," she said.
She squeezed Haru's hand tightly once and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "You and Chika can head to class, Haru. I'll be there with Misa and Akane in a couple of minutes."

Chika raised an eyebrow. So them holding hands hadn't been just for emotional support? She made a mental note to quiz Haru about it on the way to class.
"Fine by me," she said, stretching again.

Catramblish's Partner

Misa sighed audibly, but figured she would have to go there anyway. Might as well be taken by this girl. "Fine, I guess. I'm sure Akiyo is there already, having just gotten there an hour ago." She walked on to where the school was, not even waiting for Yuki to lead them.

Haru kissed Yuki back on the cheek, also squeezing her hand back. He knew how much of a tough time this Misa girl was giving Yuki, and how much it affected the girl. He noted to give her some comfort later on when they were alone, and to talk about the matter. But for now, he looked over to Chika, who had a peculiar look on her face. He knew why, since, Chika always wanted to know everything, but he didn't say anything to her look, just started walking away from the group with Chika with one last wave to his girlfriend.
Chika followed the rest of the group until the separated inside the school. When they did, she smiled knowingly at Haru.
"So, you changed your mind about her confession, then?" she said, her tone amused. She'd been one of the people to comfort Yuki when she'd confessed about a month before. She'd found it strange that her friend had said no, but hadn't questioned him about it.
"I'm happy for you. You two are good for each other," she said, smiling warmly, with genuine warmth, at Haru. She almost never did that.

Catramblish's Partner

Haru smiled back to Chika. "Well, I mean, she's a great girl to be with. I was an idiot for not saying yes beforehand, but then again, I just needed the time to think about it." It was a lot to take in, what with not wanting to harm the friendship and thinking abut how weird it would be to live with his girlfriend right at the start of the relationship. But they were things he accepted and knew he could work through with time.

Just thinking about Yuki made him remember how much Misa had upset the girl. He wished he could stay near Yuki, since she really did need his comfort, but there was nothing he could do about it. He turned to Chika as they walked. "So what do you think of this Misa gir?"
Chika looked at Haru and raised an eyebrow.
"Are you asking me of all people to be objective about someone from Shioshishio?" she said incredulously, but sighed and thought for a minute. "I think she's the kind of person from Shioshishio who's a supremacist, she believes that Umito and their village are simply better than people from the surface. Exactly why that is could be any number of reasons, and why doesn't really matter. She might very well change her mind after being here for a while, but I don't know how likely that is. I think that she also has an attitude problem that she should really fix, and let's not even talk about that temper. I don't think she's that bright, and she might rely on first impressions of people rather than waiting to make a judgement. Like I said, maybe she'll change, but it'd require something special. Kotone's a better person to ask about that than I am.""

Catramblish's Partner

"We'll see about her changing, but I don't think she will change much either." This might be Haru talking while still sore, but he also felt it as a truth. He didn't think that Misa, who had a terrible attitude, and acted quite like a child, would ever change much. It also made him wonder what made her get to such a point where she was the way he was, but he wasn't curious enough to pursue the thought further than thinking it. "I'll have to talk to Kotone about what she thinks of Misa when they meet. I just hope Yuki doesn't hang around Misa much. I just don't want her to keep feeling bad or get hurt, y'know?"
Chika grimaced at that. "Yuki's not the kind of person to be able to take someone disliking her just like that. She still feels guilty after the fiasco with her family, after all, and how her sister treats her. She's probably going to try to become her friend. Who knows, she might succeed, she's surprised me before.
Chika smiled slightly and patted Haru on the back. "You could've chosen an easier girlfriend, my friend, but she probably wouldn't be as much fun if she was simpler," she said, then grinned and reached up to ruffle Haru's hair. She really liked Haru and Yuki, they were good people.
"Take care of her, Haru. You weren't there for when she was really crying after her confession. She really loves you a lot."

Catramblish's Partner

Haru looked away from Chika. He felt bad that Yuki had cried over his rejection, even though it was more of confusion than anything. He felt responsible for making her miserable for a month or so. He wasn't about to let that hang over his head their entire relationship, but part of him wanted to make up for her pain. "Yeah, I know. I didn't even think she was going to accept my feelings after I rejected hers. I'm very lucky to have such a forgiving girl in my life."
Chika smiled gently at Haru. "You are, but I'm sure she thinks she's the lucky one. I told you, she loves you. Well and truly loves you, you're the most important person in the world to her. Even after you rejected her she was fully intent on being there for you if you'd needed it," she said warmly. Chika had a lot of experience with relationships, but she'd never had something like Yuki and Haru did. She wasn't really capable of truly loving someone the way they did. In a way, she felt jealous, but she was also very happy for them. Kotone was her best friend, but Yuki and Haru probably came next, though she honestly didn't think they felt the same about her. She knew Yuki was afraid of her, and she also knew Haru had his problems with her. It saddened her, but there wasn't much she could do about it. Chika was a flawed person, she knew that herself.
"I think the name of your first child should be 'Chika'," Chika said in leisurely tone, hiding what she was thinking.

Catramblish's Partner

Haru rolled his eyes. "We only started dating today, Chika. I'm not about to get that serious with her so soon." He kicked the dirt in front of him as he walked and hesitantly added, "Besides, I.. don't even know if I want kids." He didn't quite feel selfish for the thought, but he could never imagine himself as a father figure. He was unsure of how good of a parent he might be, considering he had a career he wished to pursue and his parents often left him a lot very much. He didn't want his children to have an absent father, and thus, he didn't feel qualified.
Chika threw Haru a look. "I was only kidding, Haru. Even if you'd been dating for a while, you're both sixteen. I don't know if thinking about whether you want to have children or not right now is appropriate. I think Yuki would freak out at the very thought," she said, shuddering herself a bit at the 'miracle' of childbirth. Chika was lucky enough to have parents that were completely fine with Chika's sexuality and the idea that she might never get children, even though they'd admitted they really wanted grandchildren in the future. She'd never gotten the same pressure most Japanese girls did about starting a family. Maybe it was because of her age, but the idea of childbirth scared Chika to death. Plus, with her healing powers, who knew what would happen?
"No, just enjoy the time you two have together. You love each other, you've been together almost your entire lives... I can't think of two other people who fit each other as well as you two do."

Catramblish's Partner

Haru wanted to tell Chika she made him think about the prospect of having kids with Yuki, but he let it go. He didn't always care for Chika's joking, especially when he wasn't in the best mood for jokes. This was one of those times. But as chika mentioned about him and Yuki being perfect for each other, he smiled a bit. Haru thought about all the time he had spent with Yuki. It was quite a lot, eleven years to be exact. They had been childhood friends from the start, and their friendship didn't waver in the slightest. It really did make him happy that they were together now. "So what about you, Chika?" he asked, not wanting to soak up the entire conversation. "Anyone catch your eye?"
Chika smiled, but it was her usual insincere smile, the kind of smile that didn't reach her eyes. "Always. The captain of the girls' judo club approached me earlier, actually, wanted help with an injured club member. She was blushing when I left with Kotone," Chika said confidently. Chika was still smiling, but her eyes looked even colder than before.
"Well, if they want my help I'm going to need some kind of reward, right?"

Catramblish's Partner

"Probably," Haru said, shrugging a bit. "But it's also nice to do something once in a while without having to expect anything in return." Haru did know of Chika's past, quite a bit of it too, and knew her trust issues and problems with people using her. Her understood why she wanted a reward for a favor. However, he didn't feel it necessary to ask for one all the time, especially from a school-sponsored group who probably didn't know how to pay Chika back, except with maybe a date with a girl Chika liked.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff