Tipsy Prophet

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Adrienne
Nerissa, Goddess of the Sea

Adrienne almost felt guilty, hearing the silence that followed Kaz's entry to the sea cabin. She only partially wanted to turn around, but knew if she did, she'd lose all resolve. Besides, he came around quickly enough it seemed. He was soon walking forward, changing into warmer clothing before sliding into bed with one of the blankets she, herself, had added to it. He hadn't noticed, but she felt at least a little better that he'd be warm and comfortable tonight. Glancing up at him briefly as he bid her goodnight with amusement and arrogance in his eyes and voice, Adrienne murmured, "Goodnight, darling," with no smugness or hostility in her tone, simply calm. If anything, she was mildly distracted.

Pursing her lips, Adrienne scratched the back of her head and glanced at her coat before slipping it off, leaving her in just the lavender dress. Setting the coat down on the makeshift bed, she moved toward the wardrobe, biting her lip as she looked for warm bedclothes, but finding none of an exceedingly warm nature. She was so used to just wearing a coat during the daytime and sleeping with Kaz at night, she'd never had any real need for them. She found a heavier tunic and leggings, which she changed into around the corner before moving back to her bed and kneeling to press her fingertips against the blankets, finding the floor hard beneath them. It wasn't a surprise; there were only a few layers between her and the wood planks.

Shrugging more to herself than anyone else, she settled into her new sleeping arrangement, on her side facing the bed. She was still shivering, but was forcing her tremors to become more subtle, hoping they wouldn't show. Pulling her coat like a blanket over her, Adrienne rested against her pillow, trying not to shift too much, knowing it would only make her sore. Her entire focus was on getting some sleep despite this new challenge of sorts between her and her lover; she wasn't trying to get a rise out of him or make him feel badly, not since he'd matched her remarks earlier, which had been to mess with him a bit.

Dressed in this.

Lupine Genius

13,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ҟȃʑυҝɨ Ⱦѳφȃʑ

ʛoɗ oʄ ℭɧɐoϨ and ℳɩȿϲɧɩeʄ

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ☠☠☠ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Long lost words whisper slowly to me.
Still can't find what keeps me here.
When all this time I've been so hollow inside,
I know you're still there.

User Image
Her voice was calm and composed as she bid him goodnight that night and settled into her makeshift bed. He was guessing that she was probably a little bewildered and keeping down her feelings of uncertainty pretty sure that she’d only intended to put out the vast display of blankets for show, but not actually expecting to have to use them. Now she walked around the room seeing to search for something to keep her warmer before finally blowing out the candles and encompassing them in complete darkness. Captain Kaz waited a few moments for her to lose her resolve and admit defeat, but instead he was matched with the silence of the night. Looking towards the ceiling and then at a peacefully sleeping Topy the pirate shrugged to himself. He had given her until closer to midnight to crack. So it was completely alright if she wouldn’t bend immediately settling himself into the bed he closed his eyes fully expecting to wake up with his lover beside him.

Captain Kaz hadn’t expected to not be able to sleep that night. It was clear that hours had passed by now and yet sleep wasn’t even close to overtaking him. Just as he should’ve expected, without a certain someone to hold in his arms as he had done every single day for almost a year now sleep was not forthcoming. He couldn’t even say that he had rested without when Elsper was within his body because during that time he literally hadn’t slept at all, something that his body was no longer able to tolerate for such a long period of time. He was tired, he was irritated, and glancing over he was offended as well that Adrienne seemed able to doze off without another thought, he sat up and looked over at the woman on the floor.

It didn’t matter how many layers of blankets she rested on the ground, she looked cold and uncomfortable. The shivers weren’t terribly obvious, but after watching her for a few moments more he could start to see her tense up every so often with the chill of the air. He himself wasn’t exactly warm. This was starting to get ridiculous. Rising from the bed, Captain Kaz moved the blankets to the very foot of the bed before again peering down at her. Her eyes were closed and her face was scrunched up in concentration, but she wasn’t moving so he concluded that she was asleep but probably in some distressing dream. Since she was curled up and still light at a feather it was easy enough to scoop her into his arms. He made sure to do it gently so as not to rouse her occasionally pausing to look into her face for any indication that she was waking up. Finally he made it to the bed and deposited her on her side draping the blankets over her and then getting back inside himself and holding her close getting into one of his favorite positions with his arms around her stomach. In the morning, he decided, he would just tell her that she slept walk back into bed. That way it wouldn’t be as if he lost.

Falling in the black
Slipping through the cracks
Falling to the depths can I ever go back
Dreaming of the way it used to be
Can you hear me?

Tipsy Prophet

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Adrienne

Damn her pride. Damn it to hell with Nexus and his cronies. She ended up curled into a ball on the floor in a thin pile of blankets, stoles, and her coat, shivering even through all her best attempts to hold back the tremors. Adrienne was a little hopeful he'd yell at her or something, anything so she could react and maybe even act like she was trying to provoke him by climbing into bed with him.

However, the ritual blowing out of the candle was followed by silence that stretched for hours. Adrienne didn't sleep, but she got close a few times. She'd had to learn to fall asleep without him while he was gone, under Elsper's control. And while that had been pure torture and she'd spent a couple of those thirty-plus nights falling asleep with tears in her eyes, she could do it. Then again, she realized soon she'd had Hoppy to cuddle with during those lonely nights and here, she didn't.

In other words, she was screwed.

The silence from the other side of the room indicated to her that Kaz was probably asleep already. Some part of her was glad, the other part a little saddened by this. On one hand, at least one of them was getting some sleep in this frigid night, but then he'd formerly been unable to sleep without her. Somehow he'd overcome that, probably during his time away from her, which her mind kept circling back to. Adrienne toyed with the corner of her pillow subtly as she thought things over, her eyes adjusted to the darkness long ago; she'd forced herself to keep from moving around, knowing she'd be horribly sore in the morning and her lover was less than likely to offer up one of his cure-all massages.

Once more, her mind drifted toward being without him those nights and her brow furrowed despite her eyes being closed in attempt to at least rest if she couldn't sleep. She was so distressed by this thought, she didn't hear Kaz shift back the blankets and get out of bed, only alerted to his state of consciousness when she felt herself being very carefully picked up off the hard floor by a pair of strong arms she knew and adored. She'd just been about to get up and hope she'd still be accepted into bed when he'd come up to her, in fact.

Adrienne was looking down at her hands the entire time he carried her to the bed, her head leaned against his shoulder and, from his angle, she probably looked asleep. She felt so badly, she couldn't look up at him, almost felt safer if she could keep looking at her hands; he didn't seem to know she was awake and well-aware of what was going on. When her body met the bed, it was absolute bliss, only more so when the blankets, already warm (she hadn't been able to warm the ones on the floor on her own), fell over her and her lover crawled in behind her. At that point, she couldn't help but settle back against him, finally back where she was supposed to be.

Nibbling her lip a little, she wasn't sure if Kaz was asleep or not, but regardless, she had to say something. So Adrienne quietly admitted in a very hushed, tired voice as her shivers slowed, "I wouldn't have lasted another five minutes. The only reason I even lasted this long is because I had to learn to...when you were gone."

She wasn't sure why she was talking, maybe because she was half-asleep and overly honest? Or maybe she just wanted him to know how much she needed him, in case he doubted that somehow over this little squabble. "I'm sorry. I still persisted, even though I was a loser, walking into this..." She didn't explain the last part at first, snuggling in as she placed her arms softly over his. Adrienne finally admitted, "I would never chance missing even a night with you. Not when I know what it feels like to almost lose you..."

Once she'd mumbled those last few quiet words, she closed her eyes completely and slowly began to relax and rest, her shivers gone at last.

Dressed in this.

Lupine Genius

13,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ҟȃʑυҝɨ Ⱦѳφȃʑ

User Image
Everything finally felt the way it was supposed to feel when he’d gotten Adrienne back on the bed and was once again holding her close. To anyone else it might’ve seem a bit silly and insignificant, but this small moment in these late nights were the world to him especially as he thought back to lonelier nights in Elspers realm as his dark abilities left him to recuperate for the night and he was abandoned to suffer alone with his thoughts. Even if everything wasn’t alright, it felt that way for a few fleeting hours as he cuddled up with his girlfriend. Being that he’d been away from her for so long rather unwillingly he was willing to repeat that again any time soon, especially not over something so horrifically petty as an almost ritualistic bicker.

His eyes were finally feeling the heaviness that predated his falling asleep soon after. As he closed his eyes and inhaled a scent of the sea mixed in with the clear breeze her heard her voice softly speaking to him and slowly opened his own greens again just a bit to focus on her words. He was too tired to be surprised that Adrienne hadn’t actually been asleep, although the revelation did make him feel a bit better about her ability to simply doze off compared to himself. Smirking as she admitted she wouldn’t have lasted another five minutes he closed his eyes and relaxed against her knowing that even if he scolded himself for not waiting another few minutes it would’ve been in vain. He had been at his limit and that was that. He wasn’t going to sustain any regrets about finally going to get her from the floor.

Adrienne continued to speak and then apologize he held her just a little bit closer. He hadn’t thought about how his absence had affected her at night as well. He guessed that, in his own mind, he had simply assumed that Adrienne wouldn’t be as bothered and that she wouldn’t notice a difference. Apparently, she really as crazy as he was. He opened his mouth and spoke softly with a voice thick with sleep, ”You’re better than me. I didn’t learn how to go on without you. I just stayed awake thinking about you.” he admits openly before smiling a little to himself, ”If you’re a loser then what does that make me? Let’s call it a stalemate.” his voice thickened just a little becoming more serious, ”Silly woman, it’s not taking a chance anymore. Remember, we have all of eternity. I’m not leaving you again.” he assures, “So don’t even think like that anymore. This is beginning of our stupidly sappy fairy tale ending.” he smirks.

Falling in the black
Can you hear me?

Tipsy Prophet

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Adrienne

It was only after Adrienne apologized and felt Kaz's arms tighten around her, bringing her closer against him, that she realized he was still awake. Even so, she confessed the rest of what she wanted to say and prepared to slip into sleep when she heard her lover's voice at her ear, his voice soft and thickened by sleepiness. She shook her head a little as he mentioned that she was clearly "better" than him for figuring out how to fall asleep at night without his arms around her, but waited to respond to that assumption.

Hearing that he'd still thought about her at night, even while under Elsper's control, made her soften a bit. Softly, she said, "It's said that when you can't sleep, you're awake in someone else's dreams. Maybe that holds some truth." When she had slept and hadn't been strangled by nightmares, she'd been with him in dreams. Those dreams had been one of few solaces during that time. She smiled a bit as he demanded what her being a loser made him, and then Adrienne nodded in firm agreement to calling this all a draw.

She sighed a little as he chided her a bit, reassuring her simultaneously that this sort of thing wasn't considered to be taking a chance anymore, not now. They were home-free. Adrienne smiled a little at the eternity notion, but what really caught her was his assurance that he wouldn't be leaving her again. Her arms tightened over his a little as she took that in and listened to the rest, smirking at the last. "The only reason I learned to do it is because I knew I needed the energy if I was ever going to have a chance of helping you," she murmured, breathing out softly, a smile on her face. "As for our 'stupidly sappy fairytale ending'," she laughed quietly, turning to softly kiss his jaw. "I couldn't be happier."

Settling back against him with unconsciousness creeping near and dreams beginning to inch forward to whisk her away, Adrienne felt, as she always had in his hold, that she was right where she belonged. She would always have him and that meant everything to her, despite how they had arrived at his entrance to eventual immortality. They were together, despite the odds, and as for their coming eternity together... Adrienne would have said she couldn't wait, but she could; she would. She'd cherish every moment on the way and thereafter. They had all the time in the world now.

Dressed in this.

Tipsy Prophet

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

εpiσguε

Lupine Genius

13,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ҟȃʑυҝɨ Ⱦѳφȃʑ

User Image
He was nearing the end and he knew it. Weary eyes traveled up and to the small porthole of his sea cabin which had been his room for more than fifty years. The sun was beginning to set and he was feeling tired, but unlike during his youthful years he hadn't been working hard throughout the day to earn this exhaustion. He had simply been on deck with a fishing rod in his hands. Watching the waves roll gently beneath him. Beside him had been his best friend Ven who had moved to his own room below deck as he moved even closer to sleep. Venice Rosa needed the company ever since his wife had been killed so many years back within the Atlantic waters. Immediately following her death The Dark Selene's glorious plundering days had come to a swift end. Her crew had been let go, but there remained the first mate with no real home besides his precious ship to return to. They had settled into the fishing business and focused more upon raising their kids, but now the children were off on their own adventures and the fishing was too taxing on elderly bodies such as the Captain and First Mate. Tossing their rods into the waters only served to provide an excuse now for sitting outside and close to the waters but also give them the chance to rest when they needed to.

Captain Kaz sighed as he reached over to the nightstand and grasped a familiar worn journal that was his own fathers and flipped it opened to look at a painting of Zekeal Topaz standing beside his mother in their youth. He imagined that was how they were even at this moment; young and within each others arms ever since his mother had passed away years earlier from her old age. It hadn't been before she had the opportunity to see Kanu get married to a young man from a well-off family and give birth to a beautiful baby girl who looked just like Kanu nor before witnessing the birth of his own children. Although as the infants had grown into impressive men and women she had slipped into an eternal sleep. It was probably best after all though, seeing that the news of Kazuki's son following into his father's footsteps and becoming a pirate himself might have driven the woman to a heart attack.
Katherine had eventually moved one more time to a port right off of the Atlantic waters soon after Captain Kaz was promoted to Pirate Lord of that domain. After much hardship, he had finally managed to beat Captain Red in their annual duel although Captain Kaz still hadn't felt like he had won. A few years later the older man had sailed away from the waters he knew so well into other territories and was never heard from again. Adrienne had to tell him that The Hot Shot had sunk after his predecessor appeared on the desolate shores which overlooked the final resting place. The news had deeply upset him at first, that Captain Red would travel into the seas to die, but it had been a scenario he was already far too familiar with after Topy had done something similar. They hadn't had the peace of mind of finding him after death, but since their feline friend never wandered away from the ship before it was clear to everyone when he originally went missing that the small crew mate had went in search of his final resting place.

Thinking about it now, as the years had gone by death only seemed to hover over them ever more intensely and was taking his friends one by one. He had even received word that Aliah, his former fiance had passed away after catching a terrible disease called ague in the summer time. While he had never been fond of the woman, it was depressing to hear that she had died within a month of her sickness. Then there were the people he was even more close with: Topy, Neda, his mother, and even Captain Red. Annie Bonny and Mary Read had disappeared into the wind seemingly after being captured by the British Navy and then pleading on their bellies to avoid being beheaded. And it was nearing his turn, he believed while resting in his bed although the news of death hadn't been nor would it burden him in the future. Along with the tragedy there had been many cherished moments with the birth of new family members and victories. He had become the pirate he set out to become. When people mentioned Davy Jones and Captain Barbossa, and other legendary pirates his name always followed soon after. He had enough riches that he had hidden away the majority of it and still had enough to provide to his son, his sister, and Ven and Neda's child to support them for the rest of their lives. He had done good all these years. Now all that remained was to get some rest, but of course he wouldn't do that before his lover entered the room and joined him. As was the story so many years before when he had first met her, he couldn't relax and find any rest without Adrienne.

Falling in the black
Can you hear me?

Tipsy Prophet

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
Adrienne

It was time. Similar to a quiet storm, a shower of rain, she felt it like an instinct. Looking up to the setting sun, Adrienne searched the horizon, remembering everything that had happened over the nearly half-century's worth of past years.

With every friend lost apart from perhaps Topy, who had simply wandered into the confines of a harbor one day to find his final resting place like many animals do, Adrienne had another rowboat to maneuver through the glittering shores to paradise. It was both a blessing and a curse to be the one to take her loved ones to Fiddler's Green; while she would be there for them until the end, she was also the one who had to let them go. Red had been jovial as ever, making the ride into a party and shocking a few of the other passengers on separate boats with how friendly and familiar he was with the sea goddess, their escort. Neda had likely been the hardest to say goodbye to.

Two years before the ship's beloved cook and dancer had fallen, Dorian had returned to his home to be with his family, rich enough now to support them for generations. He had been lain to rest upon his final breath six years later on the shore of the Atlantic by his request, so Adrienne had gotten to see him, too, hearing all about how wonderful his family was doing. His wife had still been alive, but soon to pass as well with the same request to be taken to the surf after hearing all about his adventures at sea. Adrienne had met her three days later, taking them both together to the white lights beyond the edge of that legendary distant sea.

After the pillaging that had changed everything, it became nearly impossible for everyone especially Ven, to keep going with their ventures out at sea. Adrienne had been five months pregnant with her and Kazuki's first child, their son, Zeke, who ultimately chose to take on the life of a pirate as well, at the time.

Different from Katherine, Adrienne was an immortal, all-powerful goddess and was able to check on her boy whenever she felt the need. A family was something Adrienne had never thought she'd have, but it had happened, just like nearly everything else she'd never thought possible before it. Two years after Zeke had come Nora, a daughter with her mother's heart and eyes, married now with young children of her own. Ven remained with them after Neda passed, and the three had raised their children together, learned together, throughout the rest of their lives.

Withdrawing from the rail, her white, iridescent dress rippling around her form, she looked to the sea cabin, the reds, violets, and oranges of the sunset catching the dark waves of her hair, off-setting it into a stranger, darker shade of black. She looked the very same as she had for centuries and more, as she would always appear. Age was something she would never know, yet that didn't bother her. She had so much to be thankful for.

Despite knowing this wasn't the finale for Kaz, she was sad. He'd accomplished everything he'd set out to do in his mortal life and she was incomparably proud of him, even after knowing all these years that he'd fulfill his dreams. She stepped inside the cabin, looking at him as he rested with tender eyes.

Moving to the bedside, she sat at its edge and looked down at Kaz, softly brushing the hair from his eyes before leaning in to kiss his forehead. Once more, she wondered if this was really what he wanted, if he wouldn't rather pass on to be with Neda, Dorian, his parents, and eventually Ven, too, in the paradise she knew to follow death at sea. It pained her to think he would be missing that, but it also pained her to think she'd lose him. If he was happier though, she'd take him there.

Shifting to lie down beside him, her arms around him, she listened to his breath and felt his heartbeat beneath her palm, finding it nearly perfectly synchronized with her own. Adrienne felt as though she should be saying something, but at the same time, it was a silence she knew. One of mutual understanding, of simple companionship, one that said so much without saying anything at all.

Dressed in this.

Lupine Genius

13,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ҟȃʑυҝɨ Ⱦѳφȃʑ

User Image
As Adrienne entered the room his eyes were already closed although he wasn't yet asleep. Feeling loving lips on his forehead he smiled just a bit and shifted so that he could hold her in his arms and rest his chin atop her head, the breath he didn't even know he had been holding was released. It didn't go beyond him that Adrienne was staying by his side despite his physical inabilities these days. In his prime he was strong and athletic. He had a youthful appearance but the physical capability of pulling stunts like jumping between the masts on his ship and getting into fights which sent himself and his opponent rolling across the deck. Like all humans his prime had come to an end slowly after some thirty years. He couldn't be near as reckless anymore and hadn't been able to for quite some time for fear of breaking fragile bones. His once sharp senses had dulled to nothing and even his youthful spirit had grown elderly with time. He couldn't decide to travel the world in a moments notice anymore and hadn't been able to for quite some time and yet somehow despite that Adrienne took the time to stay with him even now. It was a realization that touched an old man like him deeply and he couldn't wait to pay her back for such loyalty.

It wasn't lost on him the sentence passed down from Fate even though he had forgotten about it as he lived his mortal life laying on his death bed he remembered that after death his godly powers would be returned to him and he would continue to live on as an immortal, but that didn't mean he wouldn't "die" at least one time. Like any human the process of actually dying bothered him, but at least he wasn't needing to live through his deepest darkest fear, the one he had mentioned to no one except perhaps Topy and Adrienne in only a few words: he feared dying alone. To anyone else the idea might've seemed silly because no matter what he would die whether someone was by his side or not, but the idea of having his body shut down and then looking around to see no one in the vicinity made his heart seize up ever since he was a child who had witnessed his own father's downfall. If he had to go either way, at least let it be around those he cared about, he held Adrienne just a bit tighter and breathed softly in the silence, even when no words were said it was just good enough that her presence was nearby. As time stretched on he suddenly felt even weaker, his heart was beginning to slow down and he was even more tired than ever.

"Sorry Love, I don't think we're going to be having our usual night chat." He tells her tiredly, weakly, "I'm just going to fall asleep for a bit first." he explains not wanting to worry her about his lowered pulse. Besides that he really did just feel like he needed to sleep, though he got the feeling when he woke up it would be as a god this time and no longer a mortal. Kissing the back of her head his grip loosened unwillingly around her before he closed his eyes again and completely relaxed.

Falling in the black
Can you hear me?

Tipsy Prophet

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
Adrienne

Never once had she looked at him and seen him as anything different than he'd ever been. His body changed, yes, but his spirit never did apart from an added acceptance of his aging and a gratitude for smaller things he hadn't noticed before. It was an eventuality for everyone. But the silver in his hair, the slight lines at his eyes and around his mouth, the fragility that entered his body never swayed her from loving him with all her heart. The only part of her demeanor that had changed in the slightest was that she'd grown more protective of him as the years went on and he became less physically able. She still saw him the same way she always had and she was simply glad he understood that she would never truly leave him.

Adrienne settled against him, her head leaned against his chest as he pulled her close, his chin resting atop her head. Breathing in deeply, she lay with him for a short time, feeling his arms tighten around her at one point, when she softly murmured, "I'm right here," in case he needed comfort. She knew he feared being alone upon his deathbed, always had been.

She had thought perhaps that fear would have been alleviated with the promise of immortality beyond, but it made sense that he would still be a little afraid. His heart's rhythm beneath her palm was steady, but soft, until it gradually began to slow and she felt a soft lump form in her throat. It seemed that just as his own immortality had not erased his fear of dying alone, so had it not eased her fear of losing him forever where she could not follow.

Swallowing, she looked up at him with just her eyes when he spoke in a voice soft with exhaustion, not wanting to stir him if she didn't have to. She softened at his endearment and the reassurance that fell a little flat against her anxious mind. She knew he wasn't just falling asleep. He would come back and she kept telling herself that, yet all this felt much too real--it was all much too real--for her liking. Her mind sifting through the worst case scenarios and it had her heart pounding whereas his was slowing with every breath. Softly she began to sing the first song she'd ever lulled him to sleep with, her voice ever more loving as she sang quietly the lyrics to "My Jolly Sailor Bold."

Adrienne kept her inhalations and exhalations even for his peace of mind although she knew he was resting and probably not paying any attention to her now, which was good. She felt his lips press against the back of her head just before his arms laxed a bit around her and she felt him relax completely, his heart slow and sleepy beneath her touch. Her eyes and throat burned, but she wasn't at all sure of why except that she was bombarding her own mind with worry and anxiety. Adrienne could really only wait and wait, she did, patiently at his side.

Dressed in this.

Lupine Genius

13,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ҟȃʑυҝɨ Ⱦѳφȃʑ

User Image
His mind was starting to shut down despite his best intentions to keep it active and focused upon his breathing--breathing which was becoming far harder to do anyway. He was becoming aware of every heart beat and ever breath and every ounce of blood as it pumped through his veins in a way that he had never done before. It was frightening but almost amazing as well. In his failing hearing he picked up the sweet voice of Adrienne singing softly a song he recognized her as singing to him before. Even though his attention was starting to sway of its own accord it was nice to be able to focus on a nice memory just before he lost his consciousness. As he drifted away however the song remained with him as well as the singer until he could hold himself anchored to this world any longer and his heart beat for the very last time.

At first there was nothing at all--no physical body, no thoughts, no consciousness but then as if a light had been flickered on he was upon the shores of the afterlife staring into the light in the distance and seeing the small boats which Adrienne frequently spoke of using to transport sailors and others who had died at sea to their final resting place. He frowned looking down at himself and noticing that he was still an older man but the weight of life wasn't on him anymore and he felt lighter, stronger, and far less fragile. Still, unlike anyone else, he also felt an attachment to his physical body. Some part of his mind told him that his body was starting to grow stronger and it was beginning to heal, but it wasn't quite there yet; it needed a few moments more until the dormant powers of the god of chaos fully woke and changed it. Until then, he was left sitting on the shore staring out into the beautiful light and thinking about all of the family members and friends who had passed into it. It would've been nice to travel in and visit them, but of course no one ever returned from paradise if he left it would be for good still it was nice to imagine it at least. He smiled to himself while lost in the dream which wouldn't become a reality.

Falling in the black
Can you hear me?

Tipsy Prophet

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
Adrienne

Adrienne remained softly singing her lullaby, listening to his breathing slow and slack, his heartbeat fading out. Her fingers softly gripped the fabric of his shirt like she could pull him back, but she had no such ability and soon, she felt the vital rhythm give one last thud before stilling completely, his last breath easing out of him. Her song caught in her throat and she clenched her jaw, sitting up to look down at him with irritatingly watery eyes. He looked deceptively asleep and she almost let herself believe that, if only to ease her own mind for a few minutes.

Tilting her head, she looked at him, her fingers lightly tugging at the fabric of her dress as she waited, watching him. Adrienne hesitated before reaching out to touch his cheek, his flesh cool beneath her fingertips. Her eyes dropped to her lap, where her hand withdrew to as she proceeded to thread and unthread her fingers, as always, moving in some fashion. She may have been pacing had she not wanted to remain by his side unfalteringly.

The silence in the room didn't help her nerves in the slightest, but after periodically looking up a few times, she began to notice changes in his physical form left behind. His complexion became a bit brighter and the silver of his hair began to dissolve into a familiar vibrant scarlet. None of this mattered much to her though except that it indicated his progress toward his promised destiny, his afterlife. She could feel his power swelling up, awakening within him as a presence in the room. Adrienne was waiting for the flicker of an eyelid, the twitch of a finger, anything to let her know the soul whom her own soul loved was returning.

Adrienne eventually decided she was making herself too nervous with just watching, her cerulean eyes dropping to look at her hands in her lap again, fingers still moving restlessly.

Dressed in this.

Lupine Genius

13,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ҟȃʑυҝɨ Ⱦѳφȃʑ

User Image
He wasn't entirely sure how long he had waited against the shore staring into the beautiful warm light that served as the door to paradise, but after awhile he finally sensed that his body was through with its transformation. It was no longer the prison that was a human's body, it was more of a shell he could manipulate to his own desire at any given time, and more importantly it knew not what age or weakness was. He stood up and brushed off invisible particles more from habit than anything else. Tipping his hat to the portal towards paradise he took off his worn Captain's hat and rested it upon the shore with a small smirk. He wasn't going to be needing it anymore because he wasn't going to be a Captain any longer. His death was the end of Captain Kaz and the beginning of the god of chaos and misfortune Kaz. As he turned around his scarf whipped around with him as if caught by the breeze from the ocean. Kaz looked up just as his form started to dissipate and became not unlike when Adrienne had turned him to vapor to help him escape the cold waters of the ocean when he had fallen in. He floated through the dimensions until he was right back upon the bed he had taken his last breath upon. This time he inhaled deeply oxygen which seemed to feel different to his new form. Slowly he opened his eyes and sat up looking down at himself and taking in that he once again looked like he was in his early to mid-twenties. His next glance was to his side and at Adrienne who was still waiting patiently.

He smirked back, "That was a lot less painful than I thought it was going to be." he tells her while stretching his arms high he looks at his hands, "I haven't felt this great in years. Being an old man sucks a lot more than I thought it might." He remarks thinking back now to Dorian and Captain Red, it was a shame that he wouldn't be able to admit that to his two deceased elders although he could easily guess that at least one of them would deny being old. He understood now why Captain Red had gone and gotten himself killed at sea, for a true sailor and pirate being unable to return to what he loved after so long because he couldn't physically handle it was stressful, but the experience was more than worth it to spend a bit more time as a mortal with his best friend Ven who was below deck asleep.

Falling in the black
Can you hear me?

Tipsy Prophet

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image
Adrienne

Adrienne nibbled at her lower lip softly as she waited, smoothing her hands over the fabric of her dress. Oddly, that seemed to relax her, which she supposed was due to the silky feel. Still, her legs were tense with the desire to get up and start pacing or to do something to get her mind off things and focus on... Well, what could she focus on? She was waiting for something, that was all she was focused on and it wasn't like she could hurry it or check its status. The sea goddess was nearly prepared to implode with the realization that she had to just sit around helplessly and wait when she heard a sound that was like music to her ears.

Looking over at the sound of a breath, she let out a breath she'd been holding as she watched his eyes open and focus upon the ceiling before he sat up, looking once more just as he had when she'd first met him. She watched him carefully, making sure he wasn't overexerting himself or overestimating his returning strength, but he seemed just fine. She smiled slowly as he smirked his familiar smirk and admitted that death had been a lot less painful than he wold have imagined. Adrienne was relieved to hear that; she hadn't thought there would be much trouble; none of the sailors she'd met on the distant isle had seemed traumatized, per se, by the act of dying.

Adrienne smiled a bit more as he admitted to not having felt so great in years, more reassured that he was progressing well and as he should. "What was it like? Did you go to the isle?" she asked a little curiously, uncertain whether he'd waited there or had simply been suspended in an out-of-body experience while his physical form recuperated. It was amazing how immediately drawn she was to him again; knowing his soul was absent from his body had been disconcerting in more ways than one. While his corporeal form was still attractive, still handsome to her as it had always been, without his smirk, the light in his eyes, and the warmth he radiated naturally, he wasn't him.

That was over now though, she realized with a smile as she looked at him. He was back, solidly back, and there would be no surprises in that aspect.

Dressed in this.

Lupine Genius

13,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ҟȃʑυҝɨ Ⱦѳφȃʑ

User Image
Kaz nodded back to Adrienne's question remembering the quiet shore which hadn't experienced any new traffic since Adrienne had escorted sailors the day before. "Yea, I went there but I could feel my body rejuvenating itself. I just waited and watched the portal in the distance." he admitted still remember that warm welcoming light and thinking about everyone in his past who was now beyond that door. He stared out and towards the door of the cabin thinking also that Ven would soon be going there as well, "Gods can't travel past that door at all can they?" he affirms with his girlfriend without looking over to her. He knew the answer already but it would've been nice to hear the answer he really desired instead which was that in certain circumstances or after some period of time gods were indeed able to travel into paradise for a small amount of time. Even though he would rather spend his eternity with Adrienne, he couldn't help but miss his companions.

Noticing a mirror he glances at his reflection and notes that he was indeed youthful again with no wrinkles or gray hair. Something within him told him that this appearance was voluntary now. When he approached Ven he was going to have to remember to revert back to the way he looked before his death but he was sure Adrienne felt a lot better seeing him back to the way he was when she first met him. Thinking about reverting he also smirked as he recalled that he would have to again when he went to pick up his order in another day. If Ven saw him in his youth again his friend would understand but if he forgot when he picked up his order he was sure the shop keeper might have a heart attack on the spot. It wasn't every day when a mortal became a god after all. Certainly no one was expecting that the pirate lord Kaz would be immortal after a time.

Falling in the black
Can you hear me?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items