Ҟȃʑυҝɨ Ⱦѳφȃʑ

ʛoɗ oʄ ℭɧɐoϨ and ℳɩȿϲɧɩeʄ

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ☠☠☠ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Long lost words whisper slowly to me.
Still can't find what keeps me here.
When all this time I've been so hollow inside,
I know you're still there.

User Image
Finally settled down Katherine could no longer hold in the questions to the events which had already unfolded. She was sure that she most likely sounded a bit desperate and perhaps rushed even though she tried to keep strong the barrier of calm composure but when it came to her family Katherine had never been an expert at maintaining a detached and regal farce. Her family; her children were her world. Kanu and Kazuki were really the only reasons Katherine continued on. They needed her to be around, otherwise, the older woman might have sooner passed on to be with her husband. Katherine had no more plans for her life among the living; she wasn't moving again and didn't plan on remarrying. The jewelry business was only to financially support herself and nothing else now that Kanu had her sight.

Katherine knew even before Kazuki announced it: Kanu would be going with him. Her older brother had every intention of caring for his little sister at least until she remarried. The nly time Kanu would return would be to visit and not live. If anything happened to Kaz either Adrienne or Ven would be given the younger girl as a charge. Katherine glanced over to teh young man who still sat looking uncomfortable in his new attire. The wool shirt was clearly bothering him. She sighed, and shook her head as she thought of the possibility of Kazuki not ever returning. She knew with no reservations that her son was being manipulated, but while she hoped otherwise, there remained that chance that he never overcame the force behind his new strings.

"If my son is gone, Why should I allow Kanu to go? What reassurance is there that the same force won't come after her? How can you be sure of her safety?" she asks with a tone worthy of any queen. Although Adrienne was a goddess Katherine was a mother who had lived through the struggle of caring for a disabled child, facing the scrutiny of those around her when another child became a fugitive and withstood the sorrow of being a widow after losing the only man she had ever loved.

Ven listened to her questions and gazed into tired eye understanding the deep concern the woman had for letting go the one child who was currently within reach into unknown dangers. "We are pretty confident now that whatever is using Kaz wants his eye. It's pretending to be him in order to make him lower his guard." he repeats what Adrienne iterated on, "Since we know that we just have to find Kaz and tell him. It's Kaz's body and he's a god now. I'm sure when he becomes aware and starts to resist whatever is using him won't stand much of a chance anymore."

"And how will you even locate him?"Katherine counters, "From what I gather, Kazuki has escaped into a realm that can neither be located or left without his own powers. Otherwise, Adrienne would have left or someone would have retrieved her. You know neither what his plans are or even when he is returning. This could take days or even centuries." she grounds out. Ven frowns back silently since it was true. They had no way of tracking the new god of chaos. As the first mate started to stand down, Kanu swallowed before facing her mother in a serious expression.

"They will know because I will tell them." she says bravely. Kanu nervously recoiled a bit at the eyes redirected on her but quickly enough she regained her resolve and straightened her posture, "I'm not a god but I do have a goddesses eye. If there are no side effects I can look and see what my brother is doing right? Then, whenever he leaves his realm we can meet him there." she points. out.

Katherine bit the inside of her lip not sure she liked the direction this was taking, "Kanu, honey, I know you want to help but perhaps we should simply wait until the situation has improved before you go with Adrienne and Ven."
"Mother." Kanu looked at her mother with eyes so soft that the woman wouldn't argue against them. The younger girl smiled back, "I know you're worried about me, but all of my life I have been a burden. Trapped and useless and unwanted. But now I can be useful to someone I really care about. I want to help save Kazuki if I can. Please, mother, I know its a little dangerous but I'd rather be free and in danger rather than feel safe but trapped."

Falling in the black
Slipping through the cracks
Falling to the depths can I ever go back
Dreaming of the way it used to be
Can you hear me?

Tipsy Prophet

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Adrienne
Nerissa, Goddess of the Sea

Adrienne knew Katherine would ask the dreaded question which made her feel like the worst of failures: why should she allow Kanu to go with her when Kaz had already been jeopardized? Her brow creased and she looked at her hands, unsure of what to say to the woman, if there was anything she could say to one who had lost so much. She didn't take any offense to being talked down to a bit; she couldn't blame Katherine at all for demanding what she had. Adrienne could only really keep in mind that she would fight to bring Kazuki back in any way she could and she would lay down her life before she let any harm come to Kanu.

Though she didn't voice this, Ven seemed to understand that she had no answers for the woman and spoke up instead. She looked over to him and listened, finding some strength in his words and even more when Kanu spoke up to answer her mother's next question, which had been enough to make Adrienne a bit fearful. What if this did take centuries? That wasn't a horrible problem for her because her years were limitless, but how would his family, his friends, his crew fair. How would she? She listened to Kanu speak and make her point, not making her way into the conversation, just allowing them to speak amongst themselves. She smoothed her fingers through her hair after taking her last sip of tea and setting her cup back on the tray.

After a few moments, she just looked to Katherine, waiting for a verdict. She didn't like the idea of Kanu being in danger any more than she did, but Adrienne knew she needed Kanu's help and wished to uphold her promise to the girl. "I can't promise perfection, but I will protect her to the best of my ability," she said quietly, hoping it was enough. Dinner was soon announced and the four of them made their way into the dining room.

Dressed in this.

Lupine Genius

13,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ҟȃʑυҝɨ Ⱦѳφȃʑ

User Image
Words were exchanged back and forth between Katherine, Ven, Adrienne, and even Kanu regarding the matter of Kanu leaving. While the girl may have wanted to go of her own accord it wasn't up to her to make the final decision. It was her mothers choice and if Katherine said no that would be the end of it unless Kanu ran away, something the younger girl couldn't even fathom doing to her mother. At Adrienne's final piece of reassurance that she would at least do what was in her power to keep the young girl safe, the mother straightened her shoulders and closed her eyes thinking over what she had already heard. She didn't want her daughter to leave into potential danger, no mother wanted their child to go where they were far more likely to get hurt. To make matters even harder, this would be the very first time Katherine had ever even allowed Kanu to go somewhere without being accompanied by herself. Being blind never left the girl with any other option except to follow after her mother. With sight things were different now and she was able to at last spread her own wings and fly from home. It was unnerving to think that her youngest was flying directly into harms way and knew it.

A small break from the conversation came with no small relief as dinner was at last announced. Katherine stood up silently and was the first to make her way to the table. Kanu sighed noticing that her mother wasn't saying a word about this topic any longer for good or bad. Although she wanted to begin to beg the young girl knew better and simply gathered up her dress before glancing to Ven and Adrienne and following after her mother.

Everything was silent as seats were chosen and soups were placed upon the table. Kanu kept her eyes pinned to her food but couldn't resist taking sneaking glances over to a stoic woman at the head seat who stared at no one and ate her food without comments. It felt as if they weren't allowed to say a word, not that anyone had anything else to speak about. Finally, Katherine made the first sound for over twenty minutes when her spoon clattered lightly against an empty bowl. Adjusting her napkin the older woman cleared her throat, "It would be nice to keep Kanu here for longer. At least until the more dangerous aspects of this journey has gone its course. Any mother really, prefers that for her child, but that's not exactly possible in this situation. Kanu, even though you want to help don't strain yourself. I will only be giving you five vials of antidote. I don't expect any to be used." she explains, "Make sure to listen to everyone, although if the situation becomes dangerous keep yourself safe."

At the list of instructions, Kanu listened in surprise and hesitation. At the pause in direction the girl finally raised her voice and spoke, "Mother...does this mean you're letting me go?"
The question deflated Katherine for some reason, it was like the final nail in the coffin but with a silent nod she spoke evenly and with a small smile, "I can't shelter you forever. Even though I am sorely tempted to. You have to go out and explore the world. I'm sure if your father were here that is what he would be saying." she explains.

At the announcement, Ven looked up from his meal and smiled to the older woman, "As Adrienne said, we'll all do our best to keep her safe. Besides, even with Kaz a little out of it right now he definitely loves his sister. I don't think she's going to be in any danger." he says confident that no matter how warped his best friends mind may have become about the allegiance of his first mate, crew, and even his girlfriend. He would never doubt his little sister's love.

Falling in the black
Can you hear me?

Tipsy Prophet

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Adrienne

Adrienne wasn't feeling very hopeful as she entered the dining room after Kanu and Katherine. Not that she figured Kazuki's mother would refuse to allow her youngest child to go with her, but simply doubtful in her assuredness. Adrienne couldn't blame Katherine in the slightest were she to discredit these reassurances, especially after what had happened to her son. It may have even been harder to let Kanu go; while Kazuki had left of his own accord to live a life he chose, Kanu had been reliant on Katherine for her entire life with her blindness. She needed her mother and now that had suddenly changed in at least one respect. Now Kanu wanted to "leave the nest," so to speak, and she could only imagine how Katherine must have felt.

Dinner was mostly composed of silence and Adrienne was surprised she was even hungry. She was finally getting her appetite back after all this time, it seemed, which was definitely a step in the right direction. It wasn't unusual for her to want to eat, but to actually be hungry was something. Maybe it was the long journey which had mostly been spent (for her) learning how to ride. Speaking of which, she was starting to ache.

She'd just finished her meal when Katherine set down her spoon and spoke. Adrienne's brow rose a bit at her words and she smiled a little bit, thanking the staff member who came to collect her dish and replace it with dessert, doing the same for the other three at the table. She nodded in agreement with Ven's reiteration, knowing he was right. If Kazuki was coherent enough to trust her after some evidence, he would for certain trust Kanu's love. After all, she was his little sister. How could he not? Adrienne looked to Katherine and inclined her head, "Thank you for your trust. I'll do all I can to see it through. As Ven said, so will everyone involved." Even though she still felt as though Katherine were, in many ways, her own mother, she felt it may be best to keep her words formal until she was sure they were on similar terms again.

Dressed in this.

Lupine Genius

13,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ҟȃʑυҝɨ Ⱦѳφȃʑ

User Image
How long had he been in this world? Weeks? Months? Years? He could no longer tell as he walked through the desolate streets of this new world. It was his world created for his comfort and safety. Impenetrable by anyone whose presence he didn't want around. He was the god of this realm and those who couldn't accept this were quickly disposed of, and yet for being a god he didn't feel much like one. Every passing day made him feel even more contradicted; he was growing stronger, but felt far weaker. Even though he walked with confidence and every creature in his path scattered or else risked being trampled, deep within his heart Kazuki was weary and wondered which step would be his last. He hadn't slept fitfully since before he killed Elsper the previous goddess of this lands, the nights were now even worse since he abandoned his girlfriend Adrienne back to Earth. She was another deep contradiction that he couldn't fathom for while he ached to be with her again, longed to talk with her and fall asleep like so many nights before to a soothing voice the other part of him, the darker side of his soul thought he was better off for now, at least until he returned to kill her off for good. The contradictions he had thought might settle with time, but now they were deeper and more refined. It was oil versus water; black against white. How could one soul be so divided? The division was bringing him to his limit.

He had tried to find the truth to this using his eye which now remained uncovered, but no matter how deep he was willing to dig into other affairs his own self stopped him from turning that piercing gaze upon himself. It was too dangerous, it would do far more damage than good. He sighed to himself and leaned against a railing to see the mountains. For the first time in a long time he felt like himself, but that self was tired. His powers were dormant and preparing for his re-entry into the world. Half of his mind was focused upon compressing that energy so it was stronger than ever before. While he was somewhat preoccupied, Kaz retrieved from the inside of his cloak the locket. With a few adjustments he opened it and turned a worn knob to play lightly the song of eternal love between the pirate lord and the princess, and between himself and Adrienne. Behind him he heard Keiran approach and sensed a few feet further back Senka.
"You still have that locket?" Keiran ventured, with her hands behind her back she peered over his shoulder a little surprised to see her new lord looking so relaxed on this day, "You left Adrienne behind. You don't trust her anymore right?"

"I'll always trust Adrienne even if just a little bit." He says without glancing over to the woman. As he listened to the locket play its sad tune he held it up a bit higher against the moon, "But Adrienne can't live in this realm. She had to leave or else she would've been killed." he points out.
Keiran glanced back to Senka as she noted the completely different and even more inviting demeanor in the young man. Taking a chance, she joined him on leaning against the railing and slowly ventured her question, "You...don't seem as uptight today."
At the choice of words Kaz smirked back and looked down while lowering the locket but it was still playing the song as he let it rest in a light grip, "I guess that's because I'm preoccupied today. Our plans are almost complete. I need to think about preserving my powers." he muses before glancing down. The lockets song was slowing down and Kaz frowned a little when it finally stopped. Staring at it a moment longer he sighed wishing it would play some more. Senka put her hands on her hips and observed him curiously, "If you want it to play some more, why not just wind it up again?"
"Why indeed? I love this song, but at the same time...I can barely contain my fury. I want to cherish this locket and smash it too. For now..." he reasons putting it safely back around his neck, "If I keep it I can break it later, if I smash it it's gone forever. I'll cherish it just a little while longer." he whispers before sitting up and looking down over the cliff. Before the girls eyes he walked away leaving them to stare after him in confusion.

"Hey Keiran. Did he seem preoccupied to you?" Senka asks in the silence.
"Not really..." Keiran admits doubtfully, "Can one person really be so divided against themselves?"
"I doubt it."

Falling in the black
Can you hear me?

Tipsy Prophet

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Adrienne

After dinner, there had been more discussion mostly concerning Kaz and Kanu's soon-to-come journey to the Selene for the first time. Adrienne and Ven were soon to leave Katherine and Kanu to their own devices, both figuring some private conversation or even just the other's solitary company would be reassuring to both of them.

Adrienne soaked in a warm bath thanks to Katherine's kindness and by the next morning, her body was no longer in a state of aches and pains. The following dawn was one for early rising and a healthy, filling breakfast before Adrienne helped Kanu pack. The younger girl's wedding dresses weren't exactly the best for a ship's environment, but Adrienne figured she could conjure something for the girl if need be. If anything, she had a few tunics that may fit her.

The trio said their goodbyes to Katherine, Adrienne and Kanu with hugs, before heading back toward the harbor, taking the detour to Hull port seeing as Liverpool hadn't been the safest to make port in this time around. By that afternoon, they were returning the horses and boarding the ship once more. Adrienne stayed near Kanu, but glanced over the ship. Everything seemed to be the same. Helena and Shiva were (comically) relatively in the same place with the same sour expressions toward each other until they saw Adrienne. Helena's eyes slipped from Adrienne to Kanu and brightened exponentially just seeing the girl.

Laughing softly, Adrienne waited until Kanu had gotten a good look around the main deck (she'd give her a more extensive tour soon) to lead her over to the other two goddesses. "We're back," she announced in a sing-song voice, which even joking sounded beautiful. Shiva rolled her eyes and straightened, looking at the little redhead girl curiously. "Kanu, this is Shiva and Helena, both goddesses, both friends," she told her easily, finding herself a little surprised at just how happy she was at having Kaz's little sister on board with them.

Helena couldn't contain herself any longer and grinned brightly, moving forward and clasping the girl's hands in a gentle but ecstatic grip. "It's perfectly wonderful to meet you! Oh, I can already tell we're going to get along swimmingly!" Shiva just smirked and gave Kanu a rather rare, uncharacteristically friendly smile. Adrienne had to say, she approved, but she wasn't sure if someone could react to the sweet mortal girl in any other fashion.

Turning to Ven when he came near, she offered, "I can take the helm a while if you want to spend some time with Neda. I'd be on my shift at this time anyway."

Dressed in this.

Lupine Genius

13,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ҟȃʑυҝɨ Ⱦѳφȃʑ

User Image
That night and the following morning were filled with many warnings and hugs directed both to Adrienne and Kanu in the fashion only a mother could deliver in. While Katherine did still worry about the safety of her daughter she knew that the girl could be in no better hands than those of the friends of Kazuki. As the group packed and then finally rode off in the dawns light--Kanu hugging Ven's back atop a restless stallion, Katherine waved and watched them until they were at last out of sight. She smiled looking forward to her next visit from them once again and almost positive that it would certainly be coming soon.

Kanu was a bubble of excitement contained in a small body that was being forced to stay still and composed. She had barely been able to sleep a wink the night before as she imagined what her brother's ship might look like. While Kanu now knew that with her eye she could actually take a sneak peek the girl found herself favoring the idea of seeing it for the first time accompanied with the actual experience of being there instead of the artificial sensation she would be getting from viewing the ship through the memories of someone else. The ride was long and bumpy to a girl who wasn't accustomed to being on the back of a horse. Kanu knew the ride could be much rougher but Ven was taking extra steps to make it as comfortable as possible for her along the way. Finally, after what felt to be an eternity of waiting they walked through the town of Hull and stopped at port before a large beautiful ship with glimmering silver sails. Kanu was awe-struck and let her jaw lower a bit letting the sight ingrain itself into her memory.
"Wow...it's so beautiful." she marvels. In front of her Ven smirked before nudging the steed forward and finally upon the ship so that she could get off and go exploring. And exploring with Adrienne was what she immediately did.

Kanu committed every detail to memory as she was shown first the bottom decks and then finally the top deck and the Captain's cabin. She was hard pressed to ignore the shadow creatures as it was explained that they were crew members who had been turned into strange monsters by Kazuki. After passing by two or three the young girl finally couldn't ignore them any longer and though they didn't respond she bowed politely to each one and thanked them for allowing her presence. It was more so for her benefit, she supposed, but figured that the shadow creatures might appreciate the gesture from a guest if they were coherent. After the tour was over, Kanu followed Adrienne to the railings where stood two goddesses. As one grasped her hands and enthusiastically greeted her a pink blush met the girls cheeks and Kanu smiled just as wide with a happy nod of her own, "Thank you! It's very nice to meet you too! I do hope we can be friends!" she says brightly, glancing to Shiva and seeing her polite gesture Kanu placed her hands in her lap and bowed back to her as well with a bright and chirpy smile, "And I hope to become friends with you as well Goddess Shiva!" she says honestly.

"Wow, Kazuki's little sister is such a sweet heart. A completely opposite from our mean leader." Neda remarked as she appeared on the ship. She had gone into town to get more food. Seeing the girl turn to address her, Neda nods back, "Kanu right? I'm Neda, the ships cook." she greets.
Kanu nods back at the sound of her voice immediately recognizing it, "Oh yes yes, you're voice, I remember you from the chess game! It's very nice to meet you too Ms. Neda!" she says happily.
Neda blinks at the enthusiastic greeting before smiling and resting a hand on the younger damsels head fondly, "You have got to be the cutest aristocrat I've ever met." she admits with a slight shake of her head.

Ven watched the greetings from near the helm with a fond smile himself. Part of him wishing he could save his moment for Kazuki to watch later. He would've enjoyed watching his sister's excited expressions as she explored his precious ship. At Adrienne's offer, Ven glanced to his side and smiled with a slight nod, "Sure. Then we can sail the entire night through." he reasons before looking up to the skys his expression pensive, "When do you suppose Captain Kaz will return?" he finally asks her as he thinks again about Katherine's comment. He was sure that Kaz wouldn't wait centuries she did have a point about him perhaps taking his time, then again, as she also mentioned Kazuki could only be in his home realm for another few days.

Falling in the black
Can you hear me?

Tipsy Prophet

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Adrienne

Adrienne's brow creased a bit compassionately as she saw Kanu giving small bows to the shambling shadowed sailors on board only to be ignored as they meandered away in their strange state of being. She turned to look at Helena and Shiva as they spoke with Kanu, smiling gently as the girl took immediately to both goddesses. Helena bounced on the balls of her heels, spinning in place gracefully with a giggle after letting go of Kanu's hands. "Oh, I know we will be~!" she said gleefully. Shiva dodged one of Helena's arms before giving a warm look to Kanu and nodding once in agreement.

The sea goddess turned as she heard Neda's voice, smiling as the woman made her way back onto the ship and also brought herself to the young redhead's attention. Grinning as Neda immediately took to Kanu (not having any previous doubt that she would), Adrienne nodded back to Ven's reasoning, for it was her own as well. She followed his gaze up toward the sky, feeling the changing breezes shift her hair from her shoulders. "I don't really know...," she murmured softly, lowering her gaze to the deck. "But I would assume soon. Maybe in another week? He has some plan he wants to carry out and despite Kaz being different, he will still be direct..."

Adrienne gave a soft nod, mostly to reassure herself as she gave Ven's shoulder a reassuring pat and moved up to the helm, leaving it to him to take over orders. He was the first mate, after all. And her voice felt strangely as if it had little above a whisper's strength. When she was guiding them out of port, Shiva joined her, leaning against the rail, watching Helena chatting up Kanu about something. "At least Helena has someone else to talk to now," Shiva noted with a miffed air at the love goddess and Adrienne could tell their wait on the Selene hadn't been exactly companionable. "She is adorable though."

"That's quite a compliment, coming from you," Adrienne observed with a slight smile.

Shiva regarded her teasingly. "Jealous?"

Adrienne snorted. "Hardly. It works for Kanu. I have too much on my plate to allow myself to be regarded that way..." Shiva watched Adrienne thoughtfully a moment before looking out to the sea as the ship set sail once more, the sky slowly darkening in increments around them in a way so familiar, Adrienne felt a bit of peace at last.

Dressed in this.

Lupine Genius

13,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ҟȃʑυҝɨ Ⱦѳφȃʑ

User Image
Days passed seemingly like hours to Kanu on board The Dark Selene. To those like Neda and Ven th girls presence was a beautifully smooth transition and soon it simply felt as if Kanu should've been within the crew even though she wasn't a pirate in any way. In respect to Captain Kaz's rules over the ship, Ven soon put Kanu in place of their recent stowaway Aliah as the one in charge of the cleaning crew. Just as Aliah easily took control of her new role Kanu did as well, only better. The crew took to her instantly and even though the girl held standards just as strict as the Viscount's daughter, Kanu's sweet demeanor served to soften any blow the men may possibly have felt when told to do a better job. Upon this day they were hours from Tortuga and the girl was polishing the rails while chatting excitedly with Helena. Since the first day, the two had become fast friends and bonded well.

Ven steered the ship patiently over the clam waves while listening to happy voices although what was said he couldn't decipher nor did he try to. Instead, Ven thought over the words of Adrienne days earlier; she had a point about Captain Kaz. No matter what certain traits of his would remain . Among those traits was his habit of being direct and not waisting time unnecessarily. He wouldn't wait a century to do what he could do in two days. Since he'd already had a plan to perfect it wasn't goign to be too much longer until his preparations were complete. Until then...he glanced back to Kanu to see the girl laughing. she was their only connectionot him--the only way they could monitor Kaz's progress although disappointingly Kanu could only tell them what she was seeing and not show them. It made deciphering certain pieces of information a little difficult.

"Almost at port! Alright boys, Just like at port Hull!" Ven announced just before announcing what needed to be done in the proper order. Kanu glanced towards the crew in surprise before stepping to the railing a bit more to keep out of their way, "Wow! Everyone is just like one big machine or something!" she marvels while everyone pulled tails together and lowered ropes. Upon the shores a woman in pink who seemed otherworldly waited. As the ship pulled in, the woman waved to Adrienne. It was Tirus, the goddess of light with a bright smile.

Falling in the black
Can you hear me?

Tipsy Prophet

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Adrienne

Adrienne had admittedly been a bit concerned for Kanu's acclimation to life on a ship, not because she felt the conscious crew would not take to her, but simply because this was such a change from most of the life Kanu had known. She was worried the rock of the ship which felt so natural to her and so many others aboard would throw her off-kilter or make her sick, but she was getting along wonderfully, in every way. She could only wish as she steered the Selene through part of that first night that Kazuki had been there to see it.

A few days passed and everyone was having the run of the ship, all working together like a well-oiled machine when need be and getting along well on top of that. The shadowed sailors were still shambling about aimlessly, but the conscious crew had become used to it and was finding ways to dodge out of their way without any wasted time, predicting their movements rather well.

Adrienne had been pushing herself up from a nap after covering her shift for the day, having not slept so well the night before for whatever reason. She was still disturbed by recent events she supposed, beyond stressed although it was becoming easier to suppress. Despite that, the nap helped and she rose to exit the sea cabin, but not without a backward glance toward Kaz's desk, the mahogany muted by the blue evening light filtering in through the porthole.

Her crimson tunic flowing softly with the breeze, she moved forward, watching the crew work and smiling at the amazement on Kanu's face as they made port. She sensed something before a familiar figure caught her eye and she moved down the ramp to the main deck, raising her hand in reply. She would have simply evaporated and gone down to the other goddess, but the harbor was well-populated. Sapphronius reappeared next to Shiva and Helena, looking glad to see them but bored out of his mind.

Dressed in this.

Lupine Genius

13,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ҟȃʑυҝɨ Ⱦѳφȃʑ

User Image
As soon as the ship made port, the crew hardly hesitated in finishing up their chores so that they could enjoy themselves once again at Tortuga. For any pirate, no matter how many times one landed in this hidden island it was always paradise for crooks and scoundrels. Ven shouted out for everyone to check in the following morning before letting them go about their own way. He really only needed them to make their faces shown on deck just in case there came to be any new developement such as Captain Kaz returning to his senses and his ship. While the idea was far-fetched and the first mate had his doubts that the ending would come so quickly and smoothly he still had to make preparations for it just in case. When Kaz did return to his ship he wasn't going to be pleased with the idea of waiting for his crew to return from their partying ways.

Kanu leaned against the railings and looked down at the strange, but warm woman gazing up at the ship until the ramp was lowered. Then with a small glance down she climbed aboard as if she belonged, a fact that Kanu knew couldn't possibly be true after all she'd heard of The Dark Selene and her sailing morals. As the woman smiled a grin which Kanu now knew was of mild recognition before proceeding past her, Kanu nodded back and stared after her.
"Who is that?" she wonders aloud.
"One of Adrienne's friends. The goddess of light I believe." Ven comments hearing her question as he left the helm and watched all of the men leaving for the night. Kanu glanced up at the man in surprise but then looked again at the woman, "Tirus?" she asks in awe. She had heard stories of the goddess of course. Since Adrienne had explained the origins of the family's eye she had studiously looked up every detail she could about the goddess. Learning about someone and then meeting them in real life were two entirely different things. She watched as Tirus stood before Adrienne, Helena, Shiva, and another new god, a man, and nodded a greeting to them all.

"Welcome back. Sapphronius informed me that you had left on the Selene to find Kazuki's little sister. You look far better." Tirus admits fondly but all too soon her expression sombered and she grew a bit more serious, "It's official now that every god and goddess has heard about this situation and has chosen a side for themselves. From what I've gathered, we are relatively even in terms of allies compared to the god of the hunt." she explains to her friends looking at each one in turn, "If this comes down to a war, it is going to be a tough one." she says before looking back at Kanu more closely seeing a decorated patch her eyes widened, "This is the one who was blind right? You wanted to restore her eyesight?" Tirus asks.

Falling in the black
Can you hear me?

Tipsy Prophet

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Adrienne

It was no surprise that the pirates would take advantage of yet another night (at least) docking in Tortuga, the playground of all scoundrels, pirates, and thieves. The noise was already rising up from the taverns and streets, but it was so familiar, Adrienne actually didn't mind it. It only made her nostalgic, as most things did now. It had been in a bathhouse on this shore that she'd talked to Neda in length for the first time and began the friendship that would fall so deeply between them now. It had also been the background to her first personal conversation with Kazuki, the first time he'd ever really told her anything about himself, things only Topy had heard previously. And she missed them both terribly.

When the ramp was lowered to the dock and Tirus boarded the ship, Adrienne was waiting with Helena, Shiva, and Sapphronius, all looking a bit uncertain as to what Tirus' news would be. The sea goddess nodded as Tirus spoke and smiled slightly at the fond comment, just waiting for the real news she could see brewing in Tirus' eyes. She watched the usually cheery woman become more serious before telling the four of them that the war was now an official declaration among the gods and all had chosen sides.

Although the split down the middle made sense, Adrienne was a little discouraged at that; she'd hoped somehow the odds would work in their favor. However, evenly split was better than being at a disadvantage... She met Tirus' eyes when they fell upon her and gave a small nod. She heard Helena deflate a little with a sigh beside her and knew she was speaking for all of them with that small soprano sound.

Turning to follow Tirus' gaze once she mentioned Kanu, she confirmed, "Yes, the very one," and waved the younger girl over with an endearing smile to meet the goddess who had such ties to the eye passed down in her lineage. She looked to Tirus as Kanu walked over and asked, "She's been experiencing extra abilities, more than her mother and I'd venture to guess any of the others. She saw visions of me and Kaz when we were in his realm, knew the basics of what had happened before I even arrived. Did you figure that would happen?"

Her voice held curiosity and then warmth as she put a sisterly arm around Kanu's shoulders in case she needed some reassurance and said, "Kanu, this is Tirus, the one who gave me the means to give you your sight."

Dressed in this.

Lupine Genius

13,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ҟȃʑυҝɨ Ⱦѳφȃʑ

User Image
Tirus felt badly that she couldn't deliver the hopeful new that everyone wanted to hear; that more of the gods had leaned towards their side than to Caetus and his friends. It was true in raw numbers they held the advantage, but it wasn't a significant enough gap to make any sort of a difference. Those such as Nexus hadn't taken a side and remained neutral in this scuffle, but when Tirus looked at those like Helena on their side who weren't exactly the 'warrior-type' their overall strength and powered evened out. Both Tirus and Caetus had their fair share of weaker gods and more powerful beings on their side and those gods clashing would turn the tide in either direction if it came down to physical combat which Tirus was sure it would come down to if things continued the way they were now.

At her inquiry, she noticed Kanu shy away from the attention and take a step back with a blush. Tirus smiled fondly to her but didn't move not wanting to spook the girl anymore than she obviously already was. When Adrienne extended a hand, Kanu nervously made her way forward and curtsied, "Nice to meet you." she says softly but not in a rude away. Tirus looked down at her and inclined her head as well, "It is my pleasure. I am sorry for all of the suffering you have had to endear because of my silly battle Kanu." she admits to the girl earning a somewhat surprised glance but then a smile and giggle. Tirus knew it probably wasn't easy meeting the person who 'cursed' you even if it was for her own good. Because of herself and Elsper, whom she more than ever suspected, children like Kanu born into the Topaz family had lived their lives wandering in darkness. Kanu had been the only lucky child through several generations to get her sight back.

Adrienne's question to Kanu's new abilities didn't surprise Tirus. She looked up into the woman's cerulean eyes and nodded back, "I anticipated it as a possibility. A goddess expanding the mind of a mortal certainly that mortal's mind will be opened much wider than anyone a god didn't interfere with. My eye works on capacity. Since her capacity to handle it is much wider, I suspect she is only a few mere notches away from Kaz's potential now." she muses before looking down at Kanu, "This is good though, she can tell us what her brother is up to."

Kanu looked down hearing the explanation, as Tirus said she could now tell them where her brother was she sighs, "Yes, except I'm not very good at explaining it at all." she says sadly. She looks up in surprise feeling a warm hand on her head and sees Tirus smiling sweetly, "Then let's just show them what you see?" she suggests

Falling in the black
Can you hear me?

Tipsy Prophet

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Member 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
User Image

Adrienne

Adrienne was glad when Kanu warmed up to Tirus. She hadn't really considered that the girl may be a bit timid toward the goddess simply because Adrienne was more focused on what good her light had done for Kanu's eyesight being restored rather than the bit of Kanu's family "curse" that had caused her to be born blind to begin with. However, Tirus was wonderful and while she spoke with Kanu, Adrienne stepped back to have a word with Helena and Sapphronius. Both sets of eyes, one a forest green and one a light lavender, fastened on those of a deep cerulean as the owner of the last parted her lips to ask the two goddesses a favor.

"Despite what I believe," Adrienne murmured in a low voice to the both of them, "in terms of Kazuki not willing any harm toward his sister in this alternate state of being he's in, I can't chance Kanu getting hurt. I know Tirus would jump to her defense were she able, as would I, but in this upcoming war, I need to know that there will be backup for that." She looked down at her feet as she murmured a little pleadingly, "Ven and Neda, too. And Dorian. Just...in any way you can. Keep them safe." She could only keep going back to the memory of Ven getting hurt, of the sound his skull made against the mast and the look on Neda's face as she'd taken in his unconscious form, the shadows beneath her eyes. Sapphronius and Helena glanced toward each other with creased brows before turning back to regard Adrienne.

Sapphronius nodded once, his version of a promise and Helena moved forward to hug Adrienne around her waist, surprising the sea goddess just a little. "I'll do everything I can," the smaller woman told her softly and Adrienne sighed, finally returning her embrace, finding she'd needed it more than she'd initially thought. She looked over her shoulder as Helena stepped away and Tirus answered her question on Kanu's new, previously unheard of abilities. Her brow rose to hear that she was nearly on the same level as Kaz, just without the dark influence. Looking down at the girl, Adrienne smiled and said reassuringly, "We'll figure it out together, it's all right."

However, Tirus' words drew her up short. She blinked, hearing Dorian's familiar heavy footsteps come up the stairs from the lower deck. She turned and he raised a hand to wave "good evening" to her as he headed off into Tortuga, either for supplies or a drink, a gesture she returned with a fond smile before looking back to Tirus with unhidden interest.

Dressed in this.

Lupine Genius

13,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Ҟȃʑυҝɨ Ⱦѳφȃʑ

User Image
Kanu decided that she liked Tirus after speaking only a few words with her. The goddess had a very soft and almost motherly demeanor that made her easy to be around; while she was clearly cheerful and warm like Helena the joy was sated with wisdom and calmness as well. Hearing the offer to show everyone what exactly it was that she was seeing, Kanu blinked up at the goddess in confusion but then nodded back hesitantly. It was clear the woman had some sort of a plan but what exactly that plan was Kanu wasn't really sure. With a small inhale she glanced to Adrienne who was looking between them in open curiousity but no weariness. Kanu glanced back to Tirus, if Adrienne trusted her then there probably wasn't anything to worry about. Sensing that the girl was ready to proceed Tirus nodded and rested a hand against the top of her head.

"Just follow my instructions. Do not worry every will be alright." she reassures the girl who merely nodded back again in response. Encouraging the girl to remove her patch, Tirus closed her own and her voice took on an even tone that seemed to mesmerized the listener. "Now then Kanu, I want you to concentrate on your brother and think especially about when he is returning to this world. Focus on that thought and on wanting to see him soon." she speaks gently. With both eyes open but not exactly seeing what was in front of her, Kanu concentrated on exactly what Tirus told her to focusing upon the image of her brother and thinking of exactly when they would be able to see one another again. As the thoughts coursed through her mind her eye activated and scene of her brother appeared before her. Kanu lifted her head a bit, "I see him." she says suddenly.

"Good job. Now keep that in mind." Tirus says while her own eyes glowed. Extending her staff a bright light burst into existence and started to grow and take a shape. Within moments it was a golden toned butterfly fluttering over their heads, when it had everyone's attention and found it's path to a decent spot for viewing, the butterfly flipped its wings to face the gods and mortals alike. Upon the wings the scene from Kanu's mind was broadcast clearly.

"My Lord, it seems the army is finally finished." Senka was addressing Kaz as he stood before the dark blue waters of his shores. Beside her, Keiran grinned wide looking pleased with their progress, "Yep! No hitches to report!"
"But there are hitches..." Kaz murmured back to the two dragons. Both of which turned their heads in confusion as he looked up at the skies. Even beneath the hood they catch sight of a dark smile, "It seems I'm being watched now." he remarks before closing his eyes and shaking his head lightly, "But who would have that sort of ability? Tirus? Katherine? No..." he whispers thinking about a little before he left and Adrienne going to grant his little sister her sight back. His eyes reopen, "Kanu?"
"My Lord...Kanu?" Senka repeats hearing the certainty and piece of delight in his voice at the name. Thinking about she didn't recall him having mentioned it at any other point in time besides this one. Kaz turned to look at the females, "My dearest little sister. She was born blind but recently Adrienne helped her get back her sight. If a goddess helped her to see...it's possible she was gifted with an extra bonus." he chuckles. Turning away from the women again, he seems to look directly into the eyes of Kanu causing him to face the 'screen' where he was being displayed.
"We're going to need to pay a special visit to her."

Keiran steps forward her smiles completely gone as she realized he intended to hurt his own little sister, "But Lord Kaz...I mean she's your little sister right? And she's probably with you're girlfriend Adrienne. They're friends and allies."
"I have neither one." Kaz whispers cynically.
The vision dispersed suddenly as Kanu shut her eyes and stumbled back dizzily. She sat down on the deck hard on her butt but hardly seemed to notice as her mind repeated back what she'd just heard. That her brother didn't care how close they were he was coming after her intending to make sure she didn't look in on him again.

Falling in the black
Can you hear me?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items