Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Bloodsucker

Mathew Northwright

The earth has enough to fulfill everyone's needs..."

User Image
╔═════════════════════════╗

Mathew let the young women take his arm and smiled cogently down at her. It was odd being so formal to someone, let alone a woman who was so out of his normalcies; but if he was really going to take this offer of hers in to consideration, he really needed to be opened minded. “Well I think that would be helpful, I’ll try to do the same.”

Walking with her down the hall of the white walled hospital he looked down at the young women whose eyes kept looking around with wonderment. “I believe I’ve already agreed to have the piece delivered to you, but if since I’m showing you around any ways I’ll just take you across town to our secondary hospital that has such implements.”

Reaching the metal exit doors Mathew let the young women’s hand fall and pushed them open. Fresh chilled air greeted them and he looked up to see the afternoon sky. They still had a few hours till sun set, and it would only take about an hour to get to the other hospital if they walked at a good steady pace, so he looked to the young women again and motioned for her to fallow.

“I would love to hear all your pros and cons, I already have a few of my own, but my brother has informed me to be open minded.” He raised his shoulders nonchalantly as if taking James advice wasn’t a big thing. “As for the city there are many things I am reluctant to leave behind. My family has kept this place up and running since the times of the first earthquakes of 2189. I mean sure there has been draw backs and lives lost, but this has been out home. This is what my people are…”

His sentence was cut off as the ground under them shifted. ‘No!’ No, there couldn’t be another earth quake so soon, it has only been a fortnight since the last one…Looking to the read head he rushed her, there were strong holds at every block but she wasn’t getting anywhere in those shoes she was wearing. Grabbing her around the wait Mathew hastened forward as the ground shook under them. The sounds of sirens echoed as they landed with a thud in the reinforced steal bunker that was three feet below the side walk.

Holding on to her tight he didn’t take in anything beside the sounds coming in every direction and the screams. This one was a big one, but it lasted under a minute, which at this point could still cause a lot of damage. “The hospital…” ********, if the men didn’t reinforce it in time… Letting Serrie go he looked down at her and dusted the gravel form her hair. “Not a word.” He knew she had to have a lot to say but there were other things he had to worry about right now. “We need to get the other Hospital now. You can say what you want after I assess the damage.” Taking her hand Mathew helped from the bunker before setting off in a hard run. He was sure she was having trouble keeping up, but the closer he got to the building the worse the feeling in his jut turned.

╚═════════════════════════╝

"But it can never satisfy everyone's greed..."

User Image

"This is our home"

Milaya Hime's Princess

Sparkly Fairy

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A i d e n H e l m s w o r t h
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Earth does not belong to us, we belong to the earth...

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

He couldn’t help but smile as he watched her face lite up. She seemed so entranced with this place. She seemed enthralled by the terrible beauty of it all. He had been that way the first time he had found it. So he stood for a moment simply watching her. He then registered what she was saying. She wanted to start from the bottom and work their way up. She wanted to explore and find hidden treasures that this place had to offer. So he chuckled softly and then nodded saying “that sounds like a plan to me, we can start on the bottom and then work our way up”. There were many places to explore. It seemed he found something new every time he came here. There were metal boxes he couldn’t open and cases of sparkling gems. Really the place was like a treasure chest.

He snapped from his thoughts as he watched her leap from the rock ledge and swing her way to the bottom level. He had to admit this girl had skills. She was like a monkey or something. It really was interesting to watch. If he let her get to far ahead though he would have trouble finding her. There were many twists and turns. Dangers he couldn’t even begin to explain to her. After all this entire place had parts of the floor missing and other sections that weren’t safe to walk on. So needless to say there were a few tricks to getting though this place. Tricks she didn’t know yet. So he slipped onto the railing and much like her swung his way down. It seemed it was time to play.

As his feet landed on the cracked floor and hardly made a sound. He then smoothly ran after her. Smoothly he jumped over cracks in the once polished floor and slid under large chunks of rock. He could see her ahead of him. Her dark hair flowing behind her and her pale skin gleaming. She was spritely to say the least. So he grinned and pushed himself to run faster. He had to make it to her before she reached the center of the mall. The large mosaic marble center of the floor was falling to pieces. There were jagged spots and he didn’t want her to hurt herself. She was running free and that meant he would have to rein her in slightly. It would be for her own good.

He was in step behind her and reached and grabbed her waist. They came sliding to a halt. As they stopped he let go and let out a breath. They had stopped right before the large crack that could have swallowed them both. So he took a breath and looked at her saying “there we go, you have to be careful”. He then looked to his left saying “there are a few large stores with all sorts of things in there”. He then grinned and pulled the large satchel from his back. He had bags within bags. So he handed one over saying “here you go, I thought you would like to get a bit more then what would fit on you”. He then grinned and offered his arm saying “so should I show you the little mettle boxes I can never seem to open”. He thought perhaps safes might interest her.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Take away love and our earth is a tomb…

User Image

Milaya Hime's Princess

Sparkly Fairy

S a r e n a M c C a l l ★ ☆ ★

User Image
XXXEvery sweet hath its sour, every good its evil.

╔═════════════════════════╗

She couldn’t help but go over her list in her head. She had already been mapping out pros and cons. Most of her cons though he could flip to pros. So she took a breath and slowly began to organize her thoughts. Mathew deserved a clear thought out list. So she pursed her lips and then smiled saying “well my list could take a while, I want to go over all the pros and cons”. She then paused only to look at him saying “I think it should be discussed over dinner, I want us both to have time to go over everything”. She then flashed him smile saying “I will say that I do think over all it is a good idea but I do admire what you are doing here, I can tell it has been a struggle and anyone willing to work this hard to keep their people alive and healthy has my respect”.

They continued to walk and she had to admit there was a certain beauty here. The buildings were old and falling apart. Nature grew between the cracks. Trees flowered here and there was a strange sense of perfection. This perfection couldn’t last though. This sort of thing was slowly falling apart. It would be best if they left but that would be discussed during dinner. It was then though she felt the strangest things. The ground under her feet began to move. She could hear people screaming and felt a terrible sickness wash over her.

Somehow Mathew was there. His arms securely wrapped around her. She then took a breath as her fingers curled into the material of his coat. Her large eyes looked up at him as she tried to get herself under control. This was scary to say the least. He and his people had to leave this area. It was then he spoke saying he didn’t want to hear I told you so. So she looked at him and laughed a hollow laugh saying “not in me to do that”.

Hearing someone scream and hearing him say something about the hospital she pulled her bag higher on her shoulder. Her legs moved after him as she called out saying “let me help you”. She then reached Mathew’s side as they headed toward the hospital. People would have been hurt. They would need her help.

As they ran she couldn’t help but notice how bad things were. There were buildings toppled and people everywhere. There was smoke and dust. This was bad. So she moved with him and once they entered the hospital she paused seeing the chaos. People were running and nobody was trying to make any order out of this. So she took a breath only to cough. They needed to make a plan and she was good at plans.

It only took a moment to organize the orderlies. The injured were to be brought out and separated into two groups. One could wait and the other needed help now. So once that was done she took the staff and they began to work. As she did this she glanced at Mathew and spoke in a firm voice saying “were fine here, go help your people, I have everything handled here”.

Look at Me!

╚═════════════════════════╝

We all die. The goal isnt to live forever, its to create something that will.

User Image

S e r r i

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas