Welcome to Gaia! ::

╔════════════════════════╗
Claire Piper Shayxxxxxxxxx
╚════════════════════════╝

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There was always something about a small town that Piper just couldn’t get used to. No, she hadn’t been someone who had been forcibly moved to this small town. She had been bred, born, and raised up in this town. And from the time that she was born, she had always chafed at having to live in a place where people knew everyone else’s business. It didn’t even have to be her business that people were talking about (not that Piper did anything really bad or good enough to warrant it being talked about). There was just something about gossip in general that Piper high disliked. Her parents had told her as she grew up that she would one day settle down and realize just how good that living in the small town was. But it had just never happened. High school had come and she was already looking at the ways that she could leave without having to do something extreme. College was of course the main option, but what Piper wanted to do really didn’t involve a degree. Writing. Writing had always been her passion and she had always hoped that one day she would manage to leave the town and go somewhere where she could write, have her book published and it would support her for the rest of her life. Then, she could go anywhere she wanted. The sky would have been her limit. London, New York City, Hong Kong, she wanted her writing to always support her so that even if she wanted to go to another small town she could. That had always been her deepest dream, one that she had had since she was old enough to start writing stories.

Too bad though that it seemed like fate was going to be a b***h and end any chance of that happening.

Piper sighed, crossing her arms as she walked down the sidewalk. Even though she didn’t know why, it wasn’t like she was cold or anything. She hadn’t been feeling cold or hot, or anything weird like that. She’d just been feeling … comfortable, she guessed the term would be. Staring straight ahead, she let her eyes glance up at the sky. It was a rather cloudy night and Piper could almost swear that it would snow any day now. Oh, how happy everyone in this place would be. There’d be no school; loads of people would be sledding and holding snowball fights. Piper half smiled at the thought. Perhaps she didn’t like the small town atmosphere, but that didn’t mean she didn’t indulge in life’s small pleasures such as snow. She would happily admit that winter was her most favorite season. Every year when the snow finally came, Piper could wake up happily and rush downstairs to see her friends already there, waiting on her to get her lazy butt out of bed. They’d all enjoy their quiet day of snow, because … well, her and her friend’s were the group that was considered quiet in the high school scene. Of course, it grew louder if her cousin decided to pop in for a visit when his classes were cancelled, but that only rarely happened. Lost in her thoughts, Piper looked down and was suddenly surprised to see someone heading straight towards her. Bracing herself to be hit, she opened her eyes and watched as the person walking walked towards her … then practically through her. Blinking slightly, she turned and looked at the person, who shivered but continued their trek. Looking down at her body, she shook her head. Piper didn’t FEEL like a ghost, but … it seemed that’s what she was. Since one) people couldn’t see her and two) people were walking through her like she was nothing but air.

Yeah, that’s right. Piper was pretty much a ghost right now. Or, at least, that’s the closest thing she could come to thinking of herself now. It had all started when her parent’s decided they would go with her to visit the college that her cousin was attending. It would be a chance for them to see what kind of college it was and for her mom to visit her sister. Pretty much, it was supposed to be a normal, happy, run of the mill visit. But it didn’t turn out that way. It was when they were heading back that it had started raining. The road was pretty slick, probably because it had been November and with it already being cold, it was likely to freeze once it got onto the road. And that’s what had happened. Though her dad had been going slow, other people weren’t exactly as careful. One stupid speeding driver hit them head on, obviously not being able to control their vehicle on the road. From what she had gathered, her parents had died on contact. So had the other driver. Funerals were held for all three and she was rushed to the hospital. She had not died though. That much had been obvious when she woke up, hovering above her body. Believe me, it’s very much a freaky experience, to suddenly open your eyes and be staring down at your face. She had immediately of course jumped back and landed on the floor with a thud. But it hadn’t hurt. She had stood up and looked down at her body and wondered … what the hell was going on.

Eventually, she had been able to piece things together after a few days. When they had brought her in, she had been in a rather critical condition. Her face was banged up, one of her eyes swollen shut, cuts and scrapes up and down her body. The doctors had talked about how they had never seen someone so hurt. They had been able to rule that she was alive, barely, but alive nonetheless. The only thing though, was that while she was alive Piper was in a rather bad coma. And yet … it was just her body. The Piper that was walking around and through people felt like she was fit as a fiddle. That was when she had finally pieced it together. She had to be some sort of ghost. Her spirit, maybe escaping from her body. She didn’t know, she really didn’t understand it. Piper had read a little about people who went into comas. However, none of them had mentioned there being any ghostly experiences going on while the body just lied there practically useless! Yeah, okay, maybe Piper should have been taking this as a good experience. After all, she was a supporter of the fantasy genre and had always enjoyed stories about ghosts and haunting. But this was just … it was completely horrible. There was nothing cool about it. It wasn’t like she could do cool things like walk through walls or fly. Sure, people could walk through HER, but she couldn’t exactly walk through anything. Really, it was just … boring.

Plus, there was all these suckish factors about being a ghost. A review of them is as followed. One, she couldn’t change her clothes. No, her clothes didn’t get dirty, but she was still wearing the same thing that she had been wearing the day of the crash, which consisted of tight jeans, a pair of gray converses, and a softy gray hoodie with a white wifebeater underneath. Yes, she could slip out of the hoodie, but … well, it was like whatever was making her a spirit wouldn’t let her take her clothes off. She could put stuff overtop of it, but then … well, it was quite a funny thing when she did that. Though she wouldn’t be visible, the clothes she had pulled over top of her own clothing was … yeah, it’s confusing, but pretty much, if she put on a bright pink dress over top of her outfit, all people could see was a bright pink dress. Which led them to freaking out because they thought it was a ghost … which it was. Sort of. Anyway, the second bad thing was that she couldn’t eat. Now, she wasn’t someone who was a pig or anything, but come on! She missed being able to eat chocolate and all that other good stuff! Three … well, it was lonely. Really, really lonely. Piper had always thought that she enjoyed being a loner sometimes, with the peace and quiet that accompanied it. Now she’d do anything to be able to sit with her friend’s again and laugh and joke with them. She had literally not talked to anyone in a month. The only few pluses that came from being a ghost was that she could still pick things up, meaning she could read any book she wanted and write, AND she could still go to see people. They just couldn’t see her.

But no matter how much she was able to do all the things she usually did, see people she wanted to see, it wasn’t the same. And she was growing a bit … uneasy. She made a point of visiting the hospital every so often, just to check on her body and make sure everything was running okay. The last time she had went though; she didn’t exactly hear the best news in the world. Her body wasn’t healing. Well, the scrapes and the bruises were going away, yeah, but there was supposedly some internal bleeding that they were having trouble getting rid of. The doctors were giving her body a fifty fifty chance at this point. The first fifty percent chance was that she was just going to be a vegetable for the rest of her life. Which was … well, she figured that she would have been better off dead. Really, what was the point of being able to float around if you couldn’t talk to anyone and just waiting until your body died or someone flipped the switch to kill you? However, the other fifty percent chance was just as bad. Pretty much, it was death. It was … well, for her it was horrible. I mean, she was just seventeen years old! Piper still had so many things she wanted to do. She hated the fact that her body just … was just ******** giving up on her! She wanted to LIVE. Why couldn’t she have a statistic saying that she could live?! She wanted to be able to, to publish a book, she wanted to see the world before she died! Hell, she wanted to be able to actually have her first damn kiss! Now … it was like none of it was going to come true and she was just going to be stuck in this weird ghost state until she died.

Piper was getting depressed just thinking about the whole situation. Which was probably why she was now heading towards the park. It was one of the few places that she could go and relax, even forget for a few minutes that she was not really living and not really dead. Plus, even when she was … with the living, she had always came to the park when she wanted to do some of her best writing. This place just seemed to inspire her. Going to her favorite bench and sitting down, she closed her eyes. Letting her mind go blank, she began to slowly think of things she could do. Which was … pretty much nothing. Sure, she could hop a plane to wherever she wanted now. Cause, really, who would see her? But she didn’t want to go somewhere and then suddenly realize that she was dying and was that far away from her body. And … well, she just wanted her dream to come true. She wanted to experience as much of life as she possibly could, just in case she did end up dying. She wanted to have a story published. She wanted her first kiss to be with a boy she really liked. She wanted to visit all the places she could before she died, and … well, she high doubted she’d be able to do it all on her own. About ready to give up and just leave, she opened her eyes when she suddenly heard feet crunching the frosted grass. And to her surprise, she was looking straight into the face of Beau Revel.

Piper sighed, closing her eyes again. There was another regret staring her in the face now. Beau Revel … well, pretty much Piper had been crushing on him since they had been in school with one another. She didn’t know why, they barely knew each other. He had been handsome, that was a factor of it, but … well, she could just tell he was a good person. She didn’t really know him that well, other than a small project they did a few months back together. That was the first time they had really talked talked to one another. She had never been one to really talk to people outside her group of friends. It wasn’t that she was a snob, lord no! She was just shy. PAINFULLY shy. Even when she had talked to Beau before during their project, she had blushed the entire time and literally stuttered every other sentence. That had to make him think that she was a bumbling idiot. That, and he ran with a popular crowd of kids. Not that she was some reject or anything. It wasn’t like she was a loser or anything extreme like that. It was just … well, she was popular in her crowd, him in his. They never crossed paths and she doubted there would ever be a need for them to. Not that they even could now. Now that he was here though, she was ready to get up and leave. Staring at him just made her depressed and ready to go. But before she even could, he spoke her name … and she was opening her eyes in shock once more.

Looking at him, she couldn’t help the slight open jawed expression on her face when she stared at him. Slowly she closed her mouth and looked around. Was there another Piper in this town? One that she didn’t know? No, it was just her and him, sitting here on this bench. Looking at him again, she felt an almost disbelieving look. He could see her, but how?! No one else in this whole town could see her! She sat there, stunned a few more seconds, before slowly saying, “You … I mean … You … Y-You can see me?” She could suddenly feel a rush of heat going up her neck and face, causing her to silently curse. She blushed, even in this damn, ghost like body she still blushed! It was probably even worse, because she was talking to him and the fact that she wanted to reach out and touch him, just to see if he was a ghost. Thankfully though, she was able to restrain herself. Instead, she just stared at him in slight shock. Until she realized that he had asked her a question, which she answered, stumbling over her words, “I-I … I-I-I m-mea, I-I’m st-still in the hos-hospital … a-at least, my body is …” She didn’t know how else to describe it to him. She wasn’t lying. Her body was in the hospital, and she was … here. Would he believe her? Or would he look at her like she was crazy? Who knew, maybe she was crazy. Maybe it was all just one big comatose dream and she’d wake up and everything would be normal.

Fat chance of that happening though.

╔════════════════════════════════╗
Suddenly the lights go out
Let forever drag me down
I will fight for one last breath
I will fight until the end

╚════════════════════════════════╝

justbluefairy's Pardner

Wheezing Gawker

an O R I G I N A L onexone between
c i t y of FREAKS && xAscoldrainfalls

justbluefairy's Pardner

Wheezing Gawker

Hola! My name just happens to be Beau Samuel Revel. But I find that I’m more comfortable with people calling me ....... Beau. Ever since January 17th I’ve been celebrating eighteen years of life with its usual ups and downs I guess. After a quick check in the pants region, I claim myself to be a quiet male who very much enjoys the cute chikkies. In this little game, I suppose people know me as the popular, but quiet guy who gets taunted by a ghost.... just dandy. This is possible because of xAscoldrainfalls, who is a wonderful person. But enough with the basics. Let's get down to the nitty gritty:

I guess you could say Im popular at my school... I don't see how I really could be, but I have many friends/acquaintances. I'll admit, its nice. I have a few really good friends, and of course I have an awesome girlfriend.

Most of the people that I go to school with... I've gone to school with since probably elementary school. Some people I know better than others, but thats just because some people put themselves out there enough for me to get to know them. Some of the others that I've known for forever are just really quiet or distant people... well distant and quiet when it comes to me.

Despite how I may look, Im not a big party goer. Not to mention that everyone in this small town knows EVERYONE else... that means that others are linked to cops and honestly, that isn't my whole ordeal. I'll just stay out of that one. Plus, sometimes its just more fun to chill at home and play video games or hang out with someone.

I'm not a superstitious person. They say since this is a small town, that sometimes you can see the ghosts of people who were a big part of this place just roaming the streets. I've roamed the streets at night before with a few friends trying to find them, but found diddly squat. Therefore I just believe everyone is smoking something.

I'm a very social person... depending on who I'm with. In class, normally I tend to just stay quiet and do what I need to do. With my friends, I'm not exactly quiet, but at the same time I'm not necessarily all obnoxious like they are. I've learned to keep my cool. I guess you could say that I'm a really chilled out person for the most part.

Hola! My name just happens to be Jay Landon Dupont. But I find that I’m more comfortable with people calling me Jay. Ever since February 10th I’ve been celebrating eighteen years of life with its usual ups and downs I guess. After a quick check in the pants region, I claim myself to be a quiet male who very much enjoys the full fledged women. In this little game, I suppose people know me as the cousin of the girl that's in a coma. This is possible because of xAscoldrainfalls, who is a wonderful person. But enough with the basics. Let's get down to the nitty gritty:

I'm a relative of Piper, her cousin. Her and I are very close... well we are whenever she comes up to visit. I've never been down to where she lives, but I'm told its a very small town. I find that to be a very good thing because it'll be like home for me seeing that I live in a small town as well. My town is a little well known unlike Pipers, but I digress.

I'm not really anything special. I'm an American, born and raised here. I've lived in my little shabby town my whole life and when I finish high school, I want to go to college out of state. I want a whole new experience. I'm a very out there person, I can make friends easily, so I think that no matter where I decide to go to school, I'm going to make it just fine.

I currently have no real love life. Some potential possibilities, but no one to really catch my interest. As nice as it would be to be able to have a girlfriend, School comes first. My mother has beat that policy into my brain by now. Nothing's more important besides school. The other girls I date aren't going to be there for me in the end, I have to rely on myself. Yeah, got it mom. thanks.

Hearing about what happened to my aunt and uncle was devastating for the family. I've never seen my mother cry like that. It was horrible, she was hysterical and I personally didn't know how to deal with it. -shrugs- what was I supposed to do? I found this very disturbing as well, but I was glad that not everyone died. Even though Piper is in a coma, I feel as though she'll come out of it... kind of like a best friend kind of feeling.

Due to the whole situation, we've been requested to go there and take care of a few things. Seeing as Nona and Popop can't go down there, they want us to go to deal with the things that need to be dealt with and in case Piper wakes up, there will be family there. I'm not exactly looking forward to this because we have no clue how long we're going to be there, but I have to tough it out and do what they need me to do.
User Image

Hola! My name just happens to be Claire Piper Shay. But I find that I’m more comfortable with people calling me Piper. Ever since December twenty-first I’ve been celebrating seventeen years of life with its usual ups and downs I guess. After a quick check in the pants region, I claim myself to be a ghostly girl who very much enjoys the touchable guys. In this little game, I suppose people know me as the girl who's having a weird out of body experience and is really like a ... well ... a ghost. This is possible because of c i t y of freaks, who is a wonderful person. But enough with the basics. Let's get down to the nitty gritty:

Before the ... accident, I guess you could say I was just an ordinary girl going to school. I had two very loving parents who did a good job of raising me. In high school, I wasn't really someone who was popular (though my friends loved me dearly). But I wasn't someone for others to despise ... I guess I was just ... there.

I'm a very shy person. There's not really anything that actually caused it. My mom was shy, my dad's shy, I'm shy. It's just the way things happened. My friends always used to tease me about it, since they were a bit more outgoing than I was, but I can't help it. I am the way I am. I'm the nerdy chick who's constantly scribbling away in her notebook because she can't keep the stories that are going through her head inside her head. Yeah, I'm a writer too. I enjoy it and have always wanted to have a book published ... yeah, don't see it happening now.

The town that I live in is very small. Like, seriously, it's microscopic. I don't even think you could find it on any map in the world. Truth be told, I really don't like it all that much. I mean, people are ... nice. I mean, you have your bad people and your good. But I'm just so ready to move on. Too bad I really can't.

I have my friends, yeah. I've also had my share of crushes. Have I ever dated? No. Have I ever had sex? No. Have I ever even had a kiss? ... Guess what the answer is. For the most part, I'm okay with it. I mean, when you've grown up with the guys that picked their noses and then ATE what they got out of their nose, doesn't really make you all that excited to date them. There is ... one guy. Beau. I mean, it's no big deal. We did an assignment together and it's just a small crush. I mean, he's ... way out of my league AND has a girlfriend. So no way that's happening.

And the fact everyone has been waiting for! What is up with me? Well, I'm ... not sure. See, my parents and I were in a car accident. From what I've gathered, they're dead. Cried about that already and don't want to think about it, moving on. Anyway, I'm ... in a coma. From what I can see. So ... I'm not sure what's going on. It's like, I can see everyone else, but they can't see me. I think I'm having some out of body experience, cause I know my body is still alive ... I don't know. I'm just going to call myself a ghost and be done with it. Which sucks ... cause I have a lot I want to do ... and can't. And it doesn't look my real body is going to get any better ... FML.

User Image

Hola! My name just happens to be Sophia Valentina Zeklos. But I find that I’m more comfortable with people calling me Sophie or Soph. Ever since March seventeenth I’ve been celebrating seventeen years of life with its usual ups and downs I guess. After a quick check in the pants region, I claim myself to be a fully functioning female who very much enjoys the functioning males. In this little game, I suppose people know me as Beau's new girlfriend ... VERY new. This is possible because of c i t y of freaks, who is a wonderful person. But enough with the basics. Let's get down to the nitty gritty:

I guess the most obvious thing that people discover about me is my laid back attitude. I'm not entirely sure why, but I guess it's cool. I mean, I can get excited about things, but most of the time I just smile and nod, then say something along the lines of awesome. And if you don't like that? ... Well, I guess that's cool too.

I suppose to most people in this small town, my last name is quite strange. Which isn't a surprise, considering the fact that my parents are from Romania. Yeah, that's where the original, REAL Dracula was from and all that jazz. Nah, I don't believe in vampires or anything like that. My parents on the other hand? Yeah, it's, "Back in de old country this," and "Back in the old country that". They're pretty big believers themselves. Personally, I think it's silly, but everyone's entitled to their opinion I guess.

So if you haven't gathered it already, I was not born and raised in this little town. My parents moved from Romania to Philadelphia and that was where I was born and raised. It was a rather big change from living in a place that was so big to living in a place where you literally knew everyone. But I adapted quite well I think. Moving there as a freshmen gave me a new start. Plus, it seemed that everyone was interested in the fact that I was Romanian. A bit strange and uncomfy to have so many people bugging me for questions, but I guess that's how one makes friends, right?

My dreams pretty much consist of getting into the school of my choice to pursue a career as a professor in history. The college of choice is the first college that was ever established IN America. Harvard. Does that seem strange? I guess it is, if you don't have the chops or confidence to try for it. But my parent's have always drilled into my head that education is the most important thing. And personally, so do I. So if I'm accepted into Harvard, then I'm going to be headed out there as soon as I graduate. I'll miss the small town, but I can always come back and visit.

I suppose this is the point where I have to tell you about my love life. I've dated two or three guys in this town. I mean, I've tried dating them. They all just seem to have this idea that if you date, you're going to immediately get married, have kids, and settle down. Sorry, but we're in high school? I.E. we don't know what we're going to want out of life? Anyway, I think I've finally found an okay guy to date. Beau's pretty nice and we've just started dating, so I guess we'll see how it goes.

justbluefairy's Pardner

Wheezing Gawker

It's getting kind of hard to take it slow.
                                    When I am up all night thinking about you.

It doesn't even matter how long it takes.
                                                                        I'd be okay because we'd be together some day.

line break
                                          linebreak

Beau was just a guy who lived in a small town, nothing wrong with that. He had lived in this small ******** nowhere town for almost all of his life. The town had a lot of things that were important to him. From things that you could find at the store that you couldn’t at most stores, all the way down to his acquaintances. Everyone in this small town seemed to have some type of personality… which Beau always thought was really special… it gave the small town character if you will. It wasn’t like the typical town that no one knew one another, or the type of town that was bad and had a crappy reputation. In all honesty, their small town had a somewhat good reputation… well from what people know of the small town. Beau didn’t necessarily play a big role in the town. He attended school, got the grades he wanted, occasionally went to town events (hey! They were fun most of the time! Plus, there’s free food… nothing would get Beau to join something faster than free food.) No, Beau wasn’t a social outcast or anything… in fact; he had a ton of friends, many more acquaintances, and an awesome girlfriend. Beau was a senior in high school. He was attending the same school as most of the people that went to his elementary school with. That’s how small the town was, and showed you how often people moved in or out of the small town.

In their small town, word travels fast. If someone has a baby, almost everyone knows. If someone got a new BMW, almost everyone knew. Everything just spread so fast being in that town. There really was no way to stop the spread of the words in the town. It was okay though, it seemed as though everyone was used to it. Kind of like when you hear about a party, not only do all the students that go to the high school know, but so do almost all their parents. It’s guaranteed that ONE of their parents knew, more or less it would be both of them though, way before the party even took place. The latest news that had been buzzing around the small town was the car wreck. One girl and two parents were in it. Beau knew the girl, sort of. He had gone to school with her and had been paired up in a few English projects or something like that. In this small town, her story was pretty tragic. Both parents passing away and she was currently in a coma, in a critical state. That was an fml moment if Beau had ever seen one. Was he all bent out of shape about the whole ordeal, no. Not to sound heartless or anything, but she wasn’t someone he was really close to and he wasn’t one of those people to go and be all hella sympathetic to someone who was in dire need of it, then not even be friends with them later. That was just stupid.

When the girl woke up, of course if he saw her again, he would ask how she was and everything and hope for the best for her, but it wasn’t his ordeal, therefore he wasn’t going to get himself into something that wasn’t his business. That just wasn’t what he did. Beau was actually a guy who had a good amount of bedside manner, but he more so tended to keep to himself when it came to other’s problems and drama. He had a bare minimum amount of drama, and he planned to keep it that way. Beau was a somewhat popular kid, therefore he had many friends. If they wanted to talk to him, he’d listen and give his honest advice, no matter how brutal or honest it was. Beau was actually a goof ball if you got to know him. He was more of a geek than anything. He made corny jokes and laughed at a lot of random things that probably weren’t that funny to most people. As stated before, everyone here had a personality; therefore it was a bit easier to get along with everyone. In all honesty, there wasn’t much drama that went down in the town, but when there was, it always seemed like a big deal. Some of the things that Beau’s friends came up with or had to deal with made him laugh. He was thankful that he wasn’t that deep into a relationship with his current girlfriend just yet, and that even if he wasn’t, she’s still chill as hell. That he adored about her the most.

Their small town was built on history, like any other town that exists… the interesting history about this particular town is that there’s said to be “ghosts” lurking around. Beau wasn’t gullible… He honestly didn’t believe it. It just didn’t seem to make sense. Beau was more of a man of science. He believed there was a scientific explanation to everything. It’s just how he was. His mother wasn’t like him in that sense. She wasn’t a hardcore believer or something, but she did believe that there were ghosts of some kind that was still in the town. Why wasn’t Beau a believer like his mother? Hearing about the “ghosts”, him and his friends one day, went out to the place that’s most known for spotting ghosts… the local park. The park was a beautiful place. It was a small area, grass as green as can be and soft too, a small pond was right smack dab in the center of it. Kids would play there during the summer to cool off from the sun’s hot rays and the like. Well, Beau and his pals went there one night in search of these “ghosts”. All Beau saw was the dark that covered everything. The lights from all the buildings and street posts lit up the town just enough that there wasn’t any visible stars in the sky. His friends said that they THOUGHT they saw something, but Beau saw diddly squat. It’s not that he necessarily wanted to SEE anything, but it would have been interesting and if he DID see something, it might have made him change his mind about his views. The fact that his friends only THOUGHT they saw something made him totally think that the whole thing was bullshit and that everything was based around science… once again.

Back to what was big in Beau’s life… nothing really to be completely honest. It was a Thursday and Beau had nothing planned for the evening except going and hanging out with his girlfriend for a little bit, other than that, just going home and playing video games or something. Beau didn’t really do much in his spare time. His parents didn’t want him to work during the school year, therefore he had no job. It might have seemed a little odd, but they refused to let him have a job. They wanted him to focus on school and get good grades. He honestly couldn’t complain. His parents paid for everything that he needed therefore he didn’t have to get a job. His parents were pretty wealthy for their small town. At the end of school, Beau went home to work on some homework that was due the next day, otherwise the rest of the stuff that wasn’t due, he knew he’d do at a later date. That was one of Beau’s horrid habits… He was one hell of a procrastinator… but even after that, he was able to get the job done on time and done well. Most of his papers were done the night before or the day before and when he got back, he would have one hundreds on his papers. He was just gifted with that. Today in school though, there was something out of the ordinary. The school had a moment of silence for Piper and her family. Why? There was one high school in the whole town; therefore everyone knew one another… it only seemed right for the principal to do such an act.

Beau honestly didn’t know Piper that well. He knew her from class. Well, they went to school together for as long as Beau could possibly remember, but the two only had a few classes. He knew that she was a sweet and smart girl, but it’s not like they were friends or anything. Acquaintances, definitely… Friends, not so much. It’s not that Beau didn’t want to be friends, oh no, that’s not it at all, they just never really talked, therefore it would be odd if he were to have the craving to be friends. Of course, if she walked up to him and started talking to him, he’d be chill about it and he’d hold a conversation with her like a respected human being, but they just weren’t close like that. Even if she went up and asked him to help her with something (depending on what that something was) he’d help her in an instant. That’s kind of how they got to meet and actually talk. They both had a class together and they were to do an assignment as a group. The two sat next to one another, so it was only easy for them to decide to work together right there. From when they worked together, he got the hint of her personality, really sweet, kind of shy, smart… a well rounded person. He could easily see himself being friends with her, but he was a guy and some of the s**t that he liked to pull, he couldn’t see her wanting to do any of them.

After doing homework and whatnot, Beau was quick about alerting his girlfriend that he was going to make his presence. It didn’t take long to walk to her house… just about ten minutes or so when he walked through the park. Seeing as it was winter time, or really close to it, there really wasn’t anyone in the park playing, just people passing through, as he was. Getting to his girlfriend’s house, he put his iPod away and the two of them went to her room. No, nothing dirty happened… sickos… They were in a fairly new relationship therefore the two of them haven’t gotten THAT comfortable with one another. They just cuddled and watched a movie. Soon enough, as the sun went down, Beau knew that he had to go home soon enough. His parents would worry about him walking home in the dark, especially his mother. She tended to be a bit of a worry wart. After the wreck, she had been a bit paranoid so he had to deal with that. After spending a few hours with his girlfriend, Beau got a call from his mom telling him it was time to go home. It’s not that he wanted to go home; he just didn’t want to go home yet. He really wanted to stay with her. He really liked her and she was so awesome to be around. Of course his mother would still want him home. A few minutes after the call, he decided that it was time to get home before his mother had a conniption.

On his way home, he would cut the same way that he previously did to get to where he was coming from, the park. He had no fears about “ghosts” taunting him or anything… so what was the issue? There was none, that’s why he was going to take that route. He got his iPod all set up and then he kissed his girlfriend goodbye and was off on his way home. As he was walking through the park, he felt a little weird. There really was no way to describe it. As he walked through, he was going with the beat of his own music when something moving came out of the corner of his eye. Its not that he was scared, he was just really thrown off. He looked over in the direction that that he saw the thing and he saw a very familiar silhouette. He took a small detour and went to go see the person who had just walked there. It… was Piper? Beau was really confused. He had NO clue what was going on. He looked to her and approached her ”Piper?” He was beyond confused. If she was released from the hospital, then he was sure that he would have heard about it by now. When he looked at her, she seemed like her mind was somewhere else, not to mention that she didn’t have a scratch on her, which he found to be very odd. He took a seat next to her on the bench and then turned his iPod down ”You’re not in the hospital? They said that you’d probably be there for a while.” he said, stating the obvious about the situation. Beau was VERY curious as to why she was out here at this hour and not in the hospital. Last time he heard she was in a coma and the chances of her making it out weren’t too bright.

justbluefairy's Pardner

Wheezing Gawker

It's getting kind of hard to take it slow.
                                    When I am up all night thinking about you.

It doesn't even matter how long it takes.
                                                                        I'd be okay because we'd be together some day.

line break
                                          linebreak

Its not that Beau was always chill or anything, he just knew when was the right time to react to certain things. Beau was a very logical person. He thought that science was able to prove everything in someway shape or form. Therefore the thought of "ghosts" in the town, that just seemed obnoxious and just a tactic to scare kids into obeying curfew. Especially since Beau and his friends tried and tested the whole theory and it came up negative. Beau's friends said that they saw something, but Beau just figured that their mind was playing a trick on them. That was the only logical explanation. Other than that they were just pretending like they saw something. The fact that Beau didn't see anything like that, well that just made him feel like it was even more of a scientific aspect. Sure, places had their legends and yes, Beau did know about the legends that lurked around their small town, but legends to Beau were just stories. If it was real, it was history if it was a legend it was just a story. Beau had been like this for most of his life. Very logical, very scientific. It was just what he was and how he worked. He never honestly knew how he got that way, well with his mother being superstitious and all, maybe since he was a male and his father was a male, they connected on a level that Beau never connected with his mother on.

Today was supposed to be just like any other day. Get up. Go to school. Do homework. Hang out with girlfriend. Beau didn't necessarily have any specific plan that he went by, but it just seemed that his days rolled out like that. No issue there. Beau was a very bright student and in the future he wanted to get into science. He wanted to be a scientist of some kind. He wasn’t sure yet. He hated Chemistry and Physics, but he did happen to love Astronomy and the likes (i.e. Earth Science). He had no clue what he really wanted to do with his life. All he knew is that he was going to think ahead, but take one day at a time. He knew that he’d at least figure out something by his sophomore year of college, but he’d really hope to have it figured out sooner. He planned to go to college out of state and because of that, he felt a little pressured to figure out what he wanted to do because that would help to determine which college that he would go to. He had a very good GPA so he wasn’t too worried about which school he wanted to go to; there was a good chance that he would qualify for a spot at the school. He was working to get many scholarships, but even if he didn’t, his parents weren’t exactly worse off; they would more or less be able to afford most of the tuition.

The walk home wasn’t anything special. It was cold, and Beau was of course wearing a somewhat heavy hoodie/jacket thing. He just more so wanted to get home now. It was too cold to be dicking around outside. As he passed through the park though, he saw something that totally threw him off. Number one, Piper wasn’t supposed to be out of the hospital yet and number two; she wasn’t even wearing a heavy jacket. Beau knew that he needed on, regardless if he hated the cold or not. He normally wouldn’t have approached her, but she was by herself and not wearing a jacket. Hell, if she wanted, he’d give her his jacket and walk her home. It just seemed really out of place. He sat down next to her without scaring her. Her appearance was throwing him off and just everything in general didn’t seem right. He asked her about getting out of the hospital and went silent. This was definitely something that he wanted to know. Either this was all some crazy thing or the doctors exaggerated the damage done to the girl that was sitting next to him. Piper had never really been one that Beau associated with. No, she wasn’t repulsive or anything. In fact, Beau found her quite adorable. She had a very petite figure, flawless skin, gorgeous brown hair and the fact that she had freckles, which was something that could really win Beau over. She was overall very easy on the eyes and from what Beau knew about from just class; she was really smart but kind of shy.

After he had asked her about getting out of the hospital, her reaction wasn’t really something that he expected. She seemed to be surprised. Beau was also thrown off by this. Nothing seemed to be right at the moment. First Piper was out here, unscratched and without a jacket and then when he talked to her, she seemed all shocked. Okay, well maybe the latter wasn’t so different but still. When she spoke, it sounded all jumbled up and out of place, like she didn’t know what she was saying or supposed to say. She had the stuttering issue. That was something that was regular with her when she spoke to him. Why she stuttered all the time, he had absolutely no clue. She asked him if he could see her like she wasn’t visible. He gave her a slightly confused look ”Uhm… Yeah, crystal clear” He said to her. He didn’t understand why she seemed so surprised. She was sitting right in front of him, like she did in class or something. She seemed to think about it more, and he was still confused as ever. He wanted to know what was going on, but it seemed as though he wasn’t going to find out anytime soon. She had yet to answer his question, but it was then that she started talking again and it was almost impossible to grasp the idea of what she was saying. She was stumbling over her words and he wasn’t able to really piece them together all that well.

He was starting to get confused as to what she was talking about. Was she going through a depressed state or something where she thought that no one could see her? It just was bizarre to him. If she was feeling upset or something he could talk to her quickly or something and mediate or something. With his blunt attitude and scientific/logical thinking, he could tell her what she probably needed to hear and then help her out more or something? He really didn’t know. All he really knew was that it was late and time for him to get back home where he needed to be because if he didn’t, his mother would be raging when he DID get back. She seemed a little pale so maybe she hadn’t gone outside much and she was suffering from seasonal depression or something. As she started to stumble over her words again, he listened intently to hear what she had to say. He was hoping that she would finally answer him because he was curious to the fact of why she was out of the hospital already when they said that it was more than likely she wouldn’t be leaving the hospital ever again. When Piper was done with her sentence, Beau heard it all, but it took a second for it to finally register, well with all the stuttering, it WOULD take a second or two (not saying she was stupid or anything, Beau just wasn’t used to the stuttering.) Once he processed what she said, Beau’s reaction was pretty unpredictable.

At first, the pretty male just laughed, thinking that she was in with some of his friends or something to make him try and believe that there were ghosts or something, but at the same time, this was PIPER and she was just in a horrid car wreck and probably not going to wake up from her coma. It was then that Beau realized that this was a legit ghost in front of him. He went pale and then practically jumped up from the bench. He was breathing heavily because he just got the biggest scare of his life. There was no way that his friends could be up to this. There was no way that they would have thought to use Piper. They would probably just dress Mike up in a sheet and take that approach. So many things were running through his mind. He didn’t want to believe that he just spoke to a ghost. It could be proved with science right. It had to be something with his brain. Wait, no. Then that would just classify him as crazy. He didn’t know what to do. He stopped and then turned back around to see that Piper was still, in fact, sitting on the bench next to the seat that Beau WAS occupying. He took another deep breath, trying to regulate his breathing. Beau didn’t know what to say to this, so he went with the first thing that came to mind ”So you mean to tell me… You’re still-correction… your BODY is still in the hospital?”

Her confirmation only creeped him out even more, He was going to try and get to the bottom of this, even if it became an obsession. He sat down next to her, uneasily. Chills covered his body, but thankfully they weren’t something that was out there to give him away at how scared he truly was. He took a deep breath ”Excuse me for a moment, I really want to see something” He got the idea to touch her skin in some way shape or form. He reached his hand out and then put his hand where her hair was and his hand went right through her like he would expect it to be. She didn’t seem hollow, but sure enough, he was able to put his hand right through her like it was water or something. He pulled his hand back quickly feeling awkward and then took another deep breath ’this is the most ******** up thing ever…’ He told himself. He looked to Piper and then at the time ”Mom’s going to have to wait… What are you doing here?” He asked her. It wasn’t the right question to ask, but it was a start so he could find the way to ask the right questions. What the right questions were? He didn’t have a flippin clue. Eventually he would figure this out, unless this was all some kind of joke that his mind was playing on him. Like maybe he was at home, sleeping. Maybe he didn’t really go over to his girlfriend’s house and he fell asleep at his house before then. Yeah, right. This was as real as it was going to get.

╔════════════════════════╗
Claire Piper Shayxxxxxxxxx
╚════════════════════════╝

Piper was starting to find that not really being able to talk gave her a lot of time to be in her head. When she had been among the “living” as she was beginning to call them, she had been quiet. At least, she had been quiet around people she didn’t know that well. With her family and close friends, she’d been someone who definitely was able to chat like a normal person could. Without even that though, Piper had been thinking to herself more and more. Just about her life and how it had been so far. What she thought about … well, it definitely wasn’t something that made her happy. If anything, she felt depressed. How had she managed to live like a granny for the biggest portion of her life? Her mom had told her before that she really didn’t try to put herself out there or try new things. Piper now saw that she really hadn’t. Hell, she’d MADE herself seem like just another boring, small town girl who did jack s**t in life. That had been a hard pill to swallow, especially given that she didn’t have a chance to even go back and change anything now. She was stuck in this … this WEIRDO situation where she was practically a ghost! And the worst part was that there was now the romantic regret. Who was going to give her her first kiss now, hmm? Who was going to take her out on a date, tell her that they loved her? Another ghost? She hadn’t even seen anyone else that was like her. Piper was literally going to die a freaking virgin and it sucked.

Naturally life just had to continue to show her all the things she had ******** up on. First they made her think about her virgin status, then they let ol’ Beau waltz over to her to bench. How cruel. Beau was someone that Piper … really … really, really, really, really, REALLY liked. Had since they were at least in elementary school. It had to be because there was just something about his semi quiet nature that she recognized. She knew he wasn’t shy, like she was. But he didn’t talk very much either. Though when he did, he’d talk to anyone. That had to be the other factor to her liking him besides his good looks. Anyone who would willingly talk to anyone (from the prettiest girl to the nastiest of nasty) had to be a good, nonjudgmental kind of guy. She’d had plenty of opportunities to tell him that she liked him (really, really … well, I’m not going to start that again). But she’d always either chickened out, found a reason that he wouldn’t like her, or he had a girlfriend, ergo, he wouldn’t be able to go out with her. She just wished that she could close her eyes and make herself real, that way she could talk to him and he could see her. So it naturally scared the s**t out of her when he suddenly started talking to her. I mean, after not having ANYONE to talk to in a month caused her to be even more jumpy and nervous. The fact that he admitted to being able to see her was … discomforting. Why could he see her? Why couldn’t anyone else?

But she couldn’t keep asking herself these questions. Beau was sitting there, waiting for her to respond to his question. So she did. Albeit, it was her usual, nervous stuttering, a habit that she detested. Really, what could sound any stupider than having a damn stutter problem when someone got nervous? Well, there was that lisp thing, but even then, at least people knew what you were saying and you didn’t have to repeat yourself. Nor did you have teachers sigh and give you this, I can’t believe you’re a bumbling idiot but get good grades. Piper shook her head. Thinking about that wasn’t really something she needed to do right now. What she needed to do was try to see if she had to repeat anything to Beau in case he didn’t understand her. He seemed to be processing what she was saying, which was good. It meant he was taking into consideration what she was saying. Then he … laughed? Piper felt a slight flush creep across her cheeks. She had never dealt well with people laughing at her like she was some sort of clown. The way he laughed made her think that he was laughing AT her. Maybe he was. It wouldn’t be the first time someone had laughed at her for being weird or saying something out of the ordinary. Then his face seemed to change from jovial to shock. Then scared. She had never seen anyone turn so pale or leap so far away from her. He literally looked like he had seen a … wait, she was a ghost, so technically he WAS seeing a ghost. She almost wanted to get up and apologize to him for giving him such a scare, but she couldn’t find the words. She just sat there and watched him as he panted, looking like he had just ran a marathon and was going to fall over from over exertion.

He finally seemed to sit back down, trying to calm down. She was sort of regretting not just running away from him. She hated feeling like she had just scared the s**t out of him. Seeing someone that you thought was in a coma couldn’t have made you feel good. Piper had visited school during the week, since there really wasn’t anywhere else to go. Everyone knew about her coma and her wreck. Some people hadn’t seemed to be affected by it, since they didn’t know her as anything but the quiet shy girl they’d gone to school with for years. Others, in particularly her friends, seemed to still be dealing with it. She remembered that when she had went about two weeks after her coma thing, Piper had seen her friend Melody in their English class. One minute she had been perfectly fine. The next someone just mentioned how weird it seemed without Piper and she had burst into tears. It had made her want to give Melody such a long, big hug. She had been the one she worried about most about, since Melody was just … well, if it was even possible, Melody was even more awkward then Piper was. Melody rarely even spoke to Piper about things, and they had been friends for years. She could only hope her other friends could pick up her slack and take care of the girl. Blinking, she realized that Beau had finally calmed down and seemed to just be staring at her to see if she was just a figment of his imagination. She bared the scrutiny, uncomfortable, until he spoke again.

Sighing, she fiddled nervously with her fingers, a habit she had picked up when she was little. Slowly nodding, she licked her lips. “Y-Yeah, pretty much … M-My b-body is still in th-th-the hospital r-r-room wh-when the cl-class came and vi-vi-visited me.” What else could she really say? That she was lying and it was one big joke? A, that would make her a liar and B, what was the point in lying? Crossing her arms to make her stop fidgeting, she tried to keep her eyes on him without her blush overtaking her face. But despite it, it just seemed to increase. Especially when he said he wanted to see something and reached forward to put his hand through her hair. The feeling was … strange. Usually if someone walked through her it was just like someone’s wind went through her. This was a bit different though. Even though his hand went through her, she could almost feel it. Almost like she was kind of solid, but not enough that someone’s hand could go through it. Like water. Her blush increased by about a hundred shades and she knew she had to look like a frickin’ cherry strawberry monster by now. Shifting a little bit away from him, she sighed before glancing back up at him. Tucking a piece of hair behind her ear, she tried to explain what she was doing here. “W-Well, I … I, um, I-I used to come he-he-here wh-when I was … I was … er … a-a-wake, I guess? I-I-I wr-wrote … m-m-my stories here and … yeah …”

Looking down, she sighed, “I’m s-s-sorry, this has to j-j-j-just seem … stupid an-an-and … weird to y-y-you.” For some reason, she didn’t think he was going to believe her. That he was just in some sort of dream and he’d wake up from it. She really hoped that wasn’t the case. Even though she was stuttering, blushing, there was just something so … refreshing about this. It was the first time she had talked to anyone in what felt like an eternity. She was surprised that her vocal chords weren’t all worn out and trying to collapse from her throat. Though, she was a ghost, so would anything really go out on her? Another question she’d never be able to answer. Running a hand through her hair, she looked up at the sky to see that the clouds were slowly clearing up and the stars were coming out. Tilting her head and staring, let her thoughts stray to her story, the one that she had been working on for almost a year. It was actually a story of a girl who had been born from a star, though she would not find out until much later. She had gotten the idea one night when she had actually been sitting on this very bench last summer and the stars were twinkling so brightly. Lots of other things went on after she started writing it, mostly involving dragons, adventure; fantasy that she could only hope would make everyone feel like a believer when they read it. She’d never know though. It was still her notebook, never read, never seen by anyone except her cousin Jay and Melody. Even then, they had to beg her to let them read it because they’re curiosity or boredom was killing them.

This was starting to get depressing. Thinking about her book, her friends, her cousin, her regrets ... it was just shitty in general. Piper stood up from her seat and walked around a little, trying to get out of this funk. Acting like this wasn’t going to help matters any and it wasn’t going to make Beau feel better. Turning back to him, she tried to give him a small smile, though it might have looked more like a grimace. “I’m s-s-sorry if this fr-fr-freaked you out th-th-though … I m-m-mean … I know you’re pr-pretty sci-scientific and don’t r-r-really believe in gh-gh-ghosts and all that sort of st-st-stuff. If … If you’d like, I can t-t-t-take you to my ho-ho-hospital room? Y-You could se-see you-you’re not cr-crazy. I-If you want t-t-to of course, I’ve … I’ve m-m-managed to steal the keys often enough so I could get into my r-r-room.” Biting her lip, she looked down. That seemed like a stupid thing to say. Gah, she should have just walked away the minute he sat down and been done with it! At least then she wouldn’t be feeling like an idiot … not only that, but a ghost who was an idiot. Great … I’m an idiot ghost. Life can’t be greater.

╔════════════════════════════════╗
Suddenly the lights go out
Let forever drag me down
I will fight for one last breath
I will fight until the end

╚════════════════════════════════╝

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers