Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Explorer

User Image

This is a Private RP between Kashikun Reborn and bubbles_the_panda. If you are anyone else, you may lurk, read, eat cookies, do anything except for post. Thank you. ^^

Long-time Spook

Tukaro

Strong Child of the Moon

User Image

The name she was supposed to be given was for an expected son. Her parents had no way of telling what gender she would be before birth. Tukaro was a mixture of the name that was meant for their fist son and the full moon she was born under. Being the unwanted daughter she wasn't taken care of very well. Her hair was bleached white from her constant work under the sun. Growing up she had learned to act like the boy that her father wanted to please him more. Her hair was always cut short. Just enough to pull up into a bun while wearing a hat.

The war started and she was crossed between fighting or staying home. While growing to her current age of 25, she had gotten in many fist fights because of the group of guys she hung around. Her fighting skills and strength just barely matched up to those of her opposing team. It didn't take her father long to enlist her, as a male, for the army. She went through the same training as the other guys. Sword fighting, horse riding, running with the heavy armor. No one could really tell the difference between her and the other guys. Of course never in her life was she treated as a girl.

On the battle field, ready to protect her homeland, Osaka. Fully armed with a sword, dagger even a bow and arrows if need. Only problem was that the enemy, from Akita, was waiting for them, an ambush right on her unit. She fought off the best she could. There was too many of them. Looking around her the blood soaked bodies of her allies she dropped her sword, not willing to die. Several others followed suit but was to late. That was all she saw before being knocked out and carried away. Her arms were tied together tightly by some harsh rope. The only thing that she felt removed was her helmet. She prayed that it'd stay that way.

Long-time Spook

Masato

Royally an a**

User Image

Masato was happily enjoying the rich life, like he had always been for 28 years. Even when his father sent the war warning to Osaka nothing concerned him. He wasn't' worried or scared of anything. If anything he made others afraid of him. He had a bad attitude towards everyone, many rumors say he's spoiled to the core. Never being in the real life situation a lot of people would say that until Akita's palace was attacked. Sure it wasn't the most threatening attack having the attackers killed in several seconds, but father sure did mind. He was quickly kicked out of the palace, and was told to 'live and hide in the city.' I was only the first day and he was utterly disgusted.

"Become part of the nation, he says." Masato started to talk to him self. Pulling his long black hair back out of his face. Looking at his wardrobe his father was sure prepared. He blended in well. Even with a sword at his side. " What a fifthly nation." His lip curled up in disgust as he passed by some beggars staring at him with pleadful eyes. He breathed in sharply shaking his head everything was so dirty and well touched by every one. Buildings looked as if they were rushed built each one looking exactly the same as the ones around it. His stomach was the next problem walking through the largest most crowded area in the city. The market place. He actually had to go around people that were dirty from head to toe. Looking at each stall he couldn't figure out what to do with any of the items. Everything that he ate before was already premade. he didn't even know if it was alright to buy something separately or all from the same stall. Even with his cluelessness sticking out no one seemed to recognize him.

He walked around scratching his head, now becoming furious. He stopped at the after the last stall, breathing heavily. He grabbed the nearest person by the collar and glared intently at him.
"Buy me food." he demanded with an evil intent in his eyes the guy was scared out of his mind, but still talked back. "Why should you? Because I said so!" He yelled tossing him down in anger. "Stupid commoners don't know their placed when asked to do something." he snarled under his breath. The others, even the guy he grabbed cleared the area quickly.

Beloved Explorer

User Image Daichi

General of the Land

Daichi, one of the most well-known men and powerful aside from the royal family itself. In his early thirties he was one of the youngest men to have achieved status of general. However it wasn't only his youth that had become talk among the army and peasants. It was how he got there. He was born a lower class citizen, joining the army at the very bottom. An impressive talent for fighting helped him up through the ranks, also making powerful friends as he climbed his way to the top. Also a high intelligence combined with the fact he had a high level of manners helped him get all the way to general.

Not bad for a man who had started at the bottom.

First thing in the morning there was an attack on the castle, which they sucessfully fended off. As he was busy clearing that up, trying to calm the emperor as he ranted about how his son was a no good lazy bum, and how he needed to learn to work. Daichi agreed, although he did get along with the prince well enough. Not exactly friends, at least not to the older general.

Then he gets the news that they have prisoners. Well, specifically one. From Osaka of course, the only country that they were currently warring with. Without hesitation Daichi was asigned to find out if this warrior had any secrets, or if they could be turned to their side.

The man huffed, running a hand back through his hair as he made his way into the dungeons, being led to where the nameless prisoner was being held. He disliked interrogating. Fighting, planning, handling his own men, he could do without an issue. Dealing with prisoners was a whole 'nother thing. As he was led into the dark, moist cell, he held up a hand to show he would be fine alone, then had them close the door. Very little light made it in through the stone, but enough so that both he and the prisoner's face were barely visible. He frowned slightly at how the person had just been tossed in, bound hand and foot.

"I am General Daichi," he said flatly, looking down at the captured warrior.

Beloved Explorer

User Image

Amiko

An affectionate, beautiful child

Amiko was a typical young woman. Although poor, she was taught her manners, and how to do various things in the home. Sew clothes, cook, care for children, tend sickness, care for a garden and animals, and many other things. Thanks to a higher class family nearby, she also knew a little bit of reading, enough of math to get by, and a few other things that might be useful. She was soft-spoken, pretty, loyal, and very aware and accepting of her lower position to men. A perfect canidate for a wife, if it weren't for two things.

One was her fragile health. She was a small woman for her twenty-three years, mistaken for a teenaged girl from time to time. Fragile to the point of bruising easily and breaking bones. It was common for her to catch illness. No man wanted such an easily damaged girl as his wife.

The other was her low status in life. No one who was at her status would want a fragile girl, they wanted someone more robust to handle the hard work. No one of a higher status would want such a lowly ranked girl.

As such, it was likely Amiko, despite all her beauty, intelligence, and well-mannered grace, would likely spend her life at home, caring for her siblings and parents to the best of her ability.

Today the girl was doing well with her health, and had been for a few months. She was allowed to go to the market by herself to fetch some food for the family. There wasn't much money, but they didn't need much. Some flour, maybe a little meat, fruits. Everything else was grown or made at the home. It was a normal thing for her to do, and nothing ever happened.

Until today.

An angry individual at the next stall from where she was ordered some poor man to get him food, then frightened off all the people around the stall, muttering something about stupid commoners. She frowned slightly, finishing her business, placing her items in the basket, and walking over to the man cautiously. Amiko didn't want to be the next victim of his anger. "I beg your pardon sir, is there something the matter?" she asked softly, bowing to him and raising her eyes up halfway from how she was bent over.

Long-time Spook

Tukaro

Strong Child of the Moon

User Image

Her fierce blue eyes rolled open the moment her body hit the cold ground. Gritting her teeth as she felt the shock of the sudden pain cringe up and down her spine. She managed to roll on her back then repeatedly side to side before rolling back in her first position which seemed most comfortable. She kept trying to blink to see where she was. There was barely any light to see anything and her eyes wouldn't adjust quick enough. The screeching of the dungeons door made her freeze. She only knew two things that happened to prisoners of war, they get tortured for information, or killed right after the information is given away. She gulped long and hard.

She bit her tongue as the man introduced himself. She was doomed either way, the general was looking at her. She glared up at the body through the sides of her eyes. Laughing shortly. "Good to know." Act tough was all her mind could come up with. It'll probably bite her in the a** later on, but she only thought of the present. "How 'bout we skip the introductions and move on to what you want." she scoffed her voice was a lot deeper then it normally was. It was a combination of her fake man voice and her guts twisting in nervousness inside of her. "Depending on what you want to know, and your conditions all depends on how much you get out of me."

Long-time Spook

Masato

Royally an a**

User Image

His hand was on the hilt of his sword and was ready to draw it towards the next person who got to close with out listening. His hand flinched but the sword wasn't drawn when the girl spoke to him. He simply crossed his arms in front of his chest. "No one seems to understand japanese around here!" he yelled at the crowd avoiding him completely. He growled softly. "That and there is no eatable food. It's all raw." The fact that he was spoiled.. made him more of an idiot.

He walked forward bumping into her slightly. "I'll just force my way back home. " he snarled, once several steps passed her, he looked around. He was so far away from the palace the second floor wasn't even seen, (buildings weren't like giant castles). He groaned loudly. "I hate this place... so...much.. I'm lost, i'm starving and i'm surrounded by.." his mouth angrily showed his teeth. " dirty...people..." he breathed heavily.

Beloved Explorer

User Image Daichi

General of the Land

The man snorted as the soldier seemed defiant, even tied up and face-down on the ground. To say these Osaka people weren't to be admired for their courage was a lie. The General simply crossed his arms over his chest, looking down at the man. "What do I want? I would think that was obvious. Information. Anything that may be deemed useful to my country. Willing given the person is generally rewarded. If not... well, I cannot guarantee anything. Cooperation is what I am after. You will give it to me, or die. Which ever comes first."

It was all said flatly, as if he was disconnected from the moment. It was all things he'd said before. The warrior would either tell everything to save his own skin or spit at him telling him he would never cooperate with a Akitan slug. It didn't matter to him which they chose, although he prefered if they didn't resist.

"Unless of course you are a low-ranking individual, in which case you know nothing and are worth nothing as far as I am concerned. Not that I can really trust what you say concerning that. Some men are proud to die for their country," he said with a raised eyebrow. "Although I don't see how a proud man could stand to have his face in the ground."

Beloved Explorer

User Image

Amiko

The young woman frowned slightly, more in confusion than anything else. Also in disapproval at his apparent rudeness. It was something that was only to be tolerated from men, but still... Weren't men supposed to have some form of manners as well? As he stated there was no edible food, she straightened up and frowned a little more. Nothing edible? Or 'eatable' as he said. Was this man a noble to know nothing about the market? If so, what was he doing there? Her thoughts were interrupted as he carelessly bumped into her as he walked past, stopping a few yards away.

He seemed to be just complaining non-stop. Still... he did seem to be in a spot of trouble. She sighed and tilted her head, thinking before taking a step forward. "Sir, if you need food, you would be welcome to join my family for dinner. It won't be much, but it is better than being hungry," she said softly, lowering her eyes so that she wouldn't seem disrespectful.

Her family was constantly feeding one or another traveler. She didn't see anything wrong with offering it to him as well. If he said no, no harm done. It did no wrong to offer her help. Her parents were kind-hearted people, she doubted they would mind. Even with such a hot-tempered fellow.

Long-time Spook

Tukaro

Strong Child of the Moon

User Image

Tukaro snorted through her nose. No creativeness in their rehearsed threats. She wasn't low ranking, she wasn't as high as a general either. But she knew their future plans well at least the basic parts of them. She had been best buds with several of the corporals so that helped her situation out a bit.
"Tch." she clicked her tongue. "I know somethings, i'm also connected to several of the corporals who get direct plans from general." She looked up at him and tugged at her chains the rattles echoing off the damp walls. "Thats all I'm telling you until these are taken off and we sign a contract saying you'll let me live." Sure she knew most people didn't keep their words. Sometimes even a contract didn't matter. She was good at quick thinking at times like these. All she needed to do was catch him off guard know him out and make a run for it. She could probably take the rest of the guards.. Generals were generals for a reason. The main one fighting skills, she wouldn't be exactly up to par.

Long-time Spook

Masato

Royally an a**

User Image

He began muttering some odd sentences. Putting his hand back on the hilt of his sword before relaxing. He turned toward her and looked her up and down before turning away and thinking to himself. "Aissh.. It's just till I get back at father. " he said under his breath. The women before him wasn't exactly his eye appealing type, but she offered to help. Taking help from other people wasn't forte, but he never really /did/ anything that he needed help with.
"Invitation accepted. Only if you make curry, and dry rice." His lips curled up in a childish pout. His posture of his shoulders relaxed like he was in his room away from other royals. He never had much of a manner base as it is.. the only thing he acted was his posture.. and his held back his anger during dinner. Father always said to be polite to the one who cooks you food, but in this case he felt he didn't need to be, cause they weren't hired to do work so they wouldn't try as hard.

Beloved Explorer

User Image Daichi

General of the Land

Daichi didn't care about being creative with his threats. The soldiers they captured knew what awaited them. Besides there were several prisoners that came into the dungeons, if he took the time to think of something different to say with each one he would get behind on his work. He was blunt, and got to the point. That was it.

He raised an eyebrow as she stated that she did have some information, but she refused to tell him anything until he took the chains off and signed a contract saying he would let her live. A soft snort came out before he spoke. "Contract, I could do. The chains stay. I am not such a fool as to leave my prisoners running free, even in a cell. Perhaps I could give you better food... unless you like half eaten bread and meat crawling with maggots," he said with a shrug. For the most part Daichi honored the contracts he made. Although in the contract there would be specific things that if the prisoner did, his life was forfeit. No matter what.

Beloved Explorer

User Image

Amiko

Aimiko waited quietly, holding her basket in front of her. Like most peasants she was dirty, not unreasonably so but enough to have dirt on her pale skin. Her hair was tied back into a bun, but strands of the brown escaped in many different directions. The kimono she wore was bland and too big for the girl, not to mention made of a rough material. There was no mistaking Aimiko for anything but a peasant.

She smiled a little as he accepted, thinking the pout although marking of a childish man, was sort of cute. It reminded her of her little brother. "Done," she said, as if he was doing her a favor by accepting the invitation instead of the other way around. Then she turned and started to walk, pausing briefly and looking back to see if he was following. "Come along, it isn't very far," she said with another smile, then continued, glancing back every once in a while to make sure he was still behind her.

The two walked to the edge of the town, where the houses started to spread out and there were more gardens and animals. Aimiko walked up to one of them, only to have the door flung open and a small boy, probably no older than six, latch onto her skirt. "Aimiko!!" She smiled slightly, patting his head, "Hello. Behave, we have a guest." The child looked around her to see the man following, his eyes went wide and he scurried into the home. It wasn't very big, but there was talking and some children's giggles coming from inside. "Please, come in," she said, stepping inside and holding the door open for him.

Long-time Spook

Tukaro

Strong Child of the Moon

User Image

Her tongue ran across her lips as he brought up the topic of food and her stomach did a flip. Good food, she didn't have that in awhile. Watered down soup and bread was what she normally ate at camp. She needed more then bread.

Her lips curled briefly up into a scowl. He was smarter and quicker on his feet the he usual generals. "Fine. Chains stay." She rolled over on her side and wiggled her feet in front of her then did a full crunch to sit her self up. The chains around her arms locked around her knees so she can stay sitting up. "I get better food, and at least one day a week to walk around, fully guarded what ever. Either that or you at least undo my leg chains so I don't just have to sit here. " She lifted her feet up shortly to let them stomp on the ground. If things went well with the contract, she could start her other planning. Or at least side planning. As long as they knew her as a guy she didn't care. She gave him a soft smile.

"I can't really do anything anyway. I'm not good at hand to hand." which wasn't all true... she was just better with a weapon. "Start writing the contract." she bobbed her head up at him trying to make him hurry up.

Long-time Spook

Masato

Royally an a**

User Image

The further they got from the main town the larger his frown grew. Houses grew apart and the amount of people were replaced with animals. Filthy animals. Just the smell itself was making his stomach upset. "Do you really have to live here.?" he mumbled, pulling his hand up to plug his nose. "How can you stand it?" His voice was a little off because of his plugged nose but still sounded disgusted.

He saw the door open a they approached a house. He froze seeing the dirty thing run out and cling to the girls side. "Animals and children.." her groaned softly. Time to put up the wonderful act of his.. if it still worked. He followed her in, taking a cautious step as he looked around. Small and cramped... and filled with people. "Aiiiissh.." he said through his teeth. "this house.. is just soo....." he clenched his jaw together and breathed in slowly while shaking his head with out finishing his sentence.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff