Welcome to Gaia! ::

Demonic Husband

12,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

do not post unless invited

Demonic Husband

12,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

»» IN FEAR EVERY DAY EVERY EVENINGxxxxxxxxx
                    he calls her aloud from above, carefully watched for a reason, painstaking devotion and love, surrendered to self preservation, from others who care for themselves
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxA BLINDNESS THAT TOUCHES PERFECTION, BUT HURTS JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ISOLATION, ISOLATION,

Vanity was just another one of those sins that angels weren’t supposed to have, just like all the six others that Nathaniel felt especially prone to. Envy was probably the worst one and was the main reason for his fall, but others like lust and wrath also sparked up occasionally and earned him a good talking to from the head honcho. They’d all been fairly patient with him despite the fact that angels were either perfect or destined to fail, but in the end, Nathan couldn’t handle it. It was hard being a seraph when he could barely head downstairs to Earth without being tempted to visit the occasional brothel or trying an ounce of heroin just for the sake of it. And despite all the filth Nathan felt himself drawn to, his wings were always the cleanest, mostly because he spent a lot of his time preening himself and vainly looking upon his reflection.

So now he was here, at a party that celebrated vanity. At the Grande Lacquer, lights shown from every direction as beautiful young men and women were encouraged to come dressed in their finest flashiest attire courtesy of fashion giants. Most had glasses of champagne in their hands, while others daintily munched away on finger foods. Nathan sipped from his glass and felt the bubbling beverage course through his system, knowing that if he drank too much of it, his body would suffer. He had been standing in a corner by his lonesome, chatting away with the occasional fashion designer or the female model that fancied his delicate but distinctively masculine looks. Otherwise, he tried to keep to himself, reminding himself that he was only here because he was required to; his manager told him that it was for good publicity.

His eyebrows raised when he saw the sight of a familiar face - a man dressed in a white suit who had short ashen hair. Like the rest of his kind, he was handsome and well-built, with a body that was much stronger than it looked. Nathan’s grey eyes caught the other’s pale blue ones and quickly averted themselves, trying to to draw attention. Too late, he thought, as he watched the other walk towards him through his peripherals.

“What’s the matter, Nathaniel? It seems as though you’re avoiding me.”

The former seraph let out a cold laugh at the authority with which the lowly warrior archangel spoke. He would have never talked to the ex-seraph like that had they been working together still. Nathan merely frowned and murmured, “Not really. I just don’t like unpleasant people in general.” He smiled blankly, nearly chuckling when the other made an expression as though he’d been slapped across the face.

“Well, get over it. You’ve fallen. But it seems that He is willing to forgive you.”

“What are the terms?” he murmured, as though trying to negotiate a deal with God.

“You’ll get your wings back, but not your old ones.” The archangel was referring to the set of six wings that all seraphs were born with, a symbol of their rank and purity. “You’ll have to start from the bottom as a guardian and then prove that you’re worthy of your old rank.” He paused. “Really, Nathaniel, consider it. You’re lucky that He is being so generous; you know how lenient he has been with you. It is truly a shame that such a high ranking angel such as yourself has fallen.”

Nathan snorted. “Oh, cut the crap, Johnny. You all just want me back for my power.” He pouted mockingly. “But you can’t have it.”

The archangel shrugged. “Fine, but after a while, you’ll just lose your powers and become a demon. And that’s if you’re lucky.” He chuckled coldly before leaning back against the wall and sighing. John made eye contact with the female model that he was supposed to be managing and walked towards her, turning back to say, “Consider it. We will keep on keeping tabs on you until you become nothing.” He nearly spat out his words bitterly before walking over to the other model.

Nathaniel stared at the back of the angel’s head with narrowed eyes and a venomous look that could kill, hand clutching his champagne glass tightly. While he did not dare say it to his “parole officer,” the fallen angel knew that his powers of manipulation were getting stronger, and he people around him becoming easier to influence. But he knew that they were trying to be gentle with him, having learned from the whole incident with Lucifer, and he knew that he had it good for a fallen angel. Sometimes they were hunted down after getting their wings stripped. He leaned against the wall and took a few more sips of his champagne, eyes never leaving John’s form.

xxx__`MOTHER I'VE TRIED, PLEASE BELIEVE ME. I'M DOING THE BEST THAT I CAN. I'M ASHAMED OF THE THINGS I'VE BEEN PUT THROUGH, I'M ASHAMED OF THE PERSON I AM.

I S O L A T I O N.

NATHANIEL the SERAPH

x

Eloquent Otaku

19,325 Points
      • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
      • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
      • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
      𝕾 𝖆 𝖛 𝖆 𝖓 𝖓 𝖆 𝖍
      t. h. e..... d. e. m. o. n.

☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.» 𝕿o the world, you were just one person...
      ‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗

User Image
      Modeling was not a profession she was interested in, nor did she have any part in it. In fact, Savannah never really understood why humans spent so much effort in selling themselves on something as temporary as their appearances when their lives were so short to begin with. It was one of those things that as a demon, she would possibly never grasp… but she wasn’t really interested in studying to understand either. In her point of view, that was something the humans could keep for themselves. Not just that, but everything. Human affairs were the last thing she wanted to get entangled with.

Amongst all of the high end snobs who defined themselves with how much sat in their bank accounts and the “worth” of their outward beauty, the raven haired female stood, hovering near one of the small crowds of people that had gathered to converse, but she made no attempt to do so. Although her outward appearance suggested that she was a part of the highly sophisticated class of humans as the young woman was draped in a simple, short sweetheart neck black dress with a “belt” of white rhinestones that sparkled in the chandelier lit room and soft chiffon fabric that flowed away from her small waistline that was paired with a pair of black peep toe heels, her purpose for being there was anything but. It just so happened to work to her advantage that any woman with an expensive wardrobe and a nice makeover could get through security without a second thought.

She quietly opened the clutch that matched her outfit and pulled out a compact, glancing at her own reflection. A pale hand that adorned a silver wing that wrapped around a delicate finger came up to brush away a stray hair, it having been styled in gentle waves for the occasion, but her bright green eyes were focused elsewhere. Not too far away was a certain pale figure, and at this, her eyes narrowed as she watched him though her peripheral. Savannah had been observing him for most of the time she was there… she had seen him interact with a young male, and now a female, whom she both presumed to be models and thought nothing more of them. However, the male she pinpointed was a different story… like herself, she could sense his aura was not an earthly one, but one of the heavenly beings - and for that, he was her next target.

Her expression remained stoic as Savannah closed her compact and slipped it back into her small bag. It was then that a waiter with a tray of elegant glassware full of champagne approached her, but with a quick, dark glare at the young man, he quickly turned on his heel and headed the other way without a word, the color having left his face as though he had seen a ghost.

It was then that the dark haired woman started to weave around through the collected masses of finely dressed people until she reached the angel named John and the lady that accompanied him. She had been waiting for this opportunity; this party, this night… all for the one chance to do her mission. Softening her expression to appear open for conversation, she began to address them.

“Ah, are you this model’s manager? We have been searching for some models for an upcoming project, and she has… the kind of look we have been looking for.” Her light sage eyes flickered over to the model, “If you don’t mind, I would like to discuss some details with your manager concerning this opportunity for you as a model.” The girl didn’t seem to mind and wandered away from the two of them, quickly finding others to mingle with. Savannah shifted her focus back onto the angelic being.

“Let’s go somewhere less noisy to discuss business, hm?”

‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗‗
      ...𝕭ut to one person, you were the world. «.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·☆

Demonic Husband

12,825 Points
      • Invisibility 100
      • Sausage Fest 200
      • Conversationalist 100
      User Image

he calls her aloud from above, carefully watched for a reason, painstaking devotion and love, surrendered to self preservation, from others who care for themselves
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxA BLINDNESS THAT TOUCHES PERFECTION, BUT HURTS JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE.
      ISOLATION, ISOLATION,

The fallen angel’s eyes followed John’s interactions with the female model, trying to read his lips. For a moment, Nathan amused himself with the idea of the archangel trying to hook up with the model - not that John would have ever done that, nor was the model particularly pretty. Just the usual - a girl with dyed hair and a nice model, pretty in an average unspectacular way. He had to work with many of these girls in his modeling career. But then again, what could he say? The fallen angel cared more for outward beauty than inner beauty.

He frowned a little when he watched John from afar, seeing a woman approach the two. His thin lips formed a smile across his face as he noticed the distinct air about the woman. Nathan’s eyes narrowed - he’d seen many of her kind before and had the job of permanently getting rid of many; it was the job of many of those that were closest to Him, and it was one that he had been rather good at, too. Many angels had the problem of killing another creature, even ones as foul and despicable as demons. For Nathaniel, killing was one of his more enjoyable jobs, and even though it disturbed many others of his kind that he seemed to enjoy it, they shouldered off the job to him anyways. Many of the dirtier jobs had been given to him, the dirtiest angel.

Nathaniel licked his chapped lips, taking another fake sip of champagne as he watched the scene unfold before him. John seemed paler than usual, losing that unearthly glow that angels all seemed to have. Nathaniel had lost that from his own aura a long time ago; he never shined as brightly as the other seraphim.

As the two walked away, Nathaniel narrowed his eyes. Surely, John wasn’t so stupid to walk away with a demon, was he? While Nathaniel had no doubts that John was a warrior and quite capable of handling situations like these, he sensed an undoubtably strong aura that seemed to hang around the demon. He stood his ground, taking a few more sips of his champagne like someone that was eager to witness a fight begin to unfold. Well, well demoness, will you get this angel to shut up? he thought, chuckling to himself. He told himself to stay out of it, knowing that no good could come from being a witness to murder. He stood irritably in place for a few seconds, pretending to enjoy himself at the party alone before he stopped leaning against the wall and walked towards where the two were going. A part of him truly wished to see the two fight it out, though he had a feeling that perhaps the demon wasn’t going to let him witness it all, which was a shame, considering.

John stood out at the balcony, a secluded place where the demoness and he could talk things out. The archangel narrowed his eyes and murmured, “What are you doing here? Doesn’t your kind have better things to do?” Nate smiled as he heard the discussion from afar, resisting the urge to ask the same of John.

In order to get closer, the fallen angel hiccuped and tossed the glass of champagne aside, pretending to be a bit drunk. He hiccuped once more and stumbled towards the two, walking near John. “Johnny,” he asked in a flamboyant tone that suggested that he was a gay male model, which was very uncommon. “Aren’t you coming?” he asked, looking over at the demon. His grey eyes locked with hers, and he murmured, “Or are you here trying to hook up with more pretty ladies?” He smiled lazily, watching with cruel amusement as John’s eyes narrowed. He knew that the angel couldn’t do anything to reveal his true identity.

“Nathan,” he murmured firmly. “I will help you with your affairs soon.”

“Nice to meet you, doll,” Nathaniel muttered to the demon, a cold smile spreading across his “drunken” face. He shrugged and muttered, “When this guy gets a little tipsy, he likes to go after girls like you. Watch out - he’s an animal in bed.” He winked before clutching onto John’s shoulder.

xxx__`MOTHER I'VE TRIED, PLEASE BELIEVE ME. I'M DOING THE BEST THAT I CAN. I'M ASHAMED OF THE THINGS I'VE BEEN PUT THROUGH, I'M ASHAMED OF THE PERSON I AM.

I S O L A T I O N.

NATHANIEL the SERAPH

x

Eloquent Otaku

19,325 Points
          𝕾 𝖆 𝖛 𝖆 𝖓 𝖓 𝖆 𝖍

User Image
          What the...

Savannah's eyes momentarily flashed as a new wild card entered the scene - a seemingly drunk man who appeared to be swinging for the other team, and with her target, no less. Wild cards never made getting her targets any easier, and most of time, they always involved a human somehow. For the most part, she managed remove them from the equation without too much collateral damage, but what was their deal with wanting to always butt in? And things were working out just the way she wanted them, too...

However, unlike most humans, this one seemed to have an aura unlike anything she had come across. It was definitely not of a demon's or an angel's, but it wasn't normal either, and because of that, he had, if only for a moment, piqued her interest. Which, for her, was something that never happened, especially when it came to a human. She even took the time to quickly examine his physical features... although he had an overall nice appearance (as to be expected from a model), nothing stood out to her or gave her any clues as to why he was different.

Not having the time or the interest in pursuing it any further, it left her with only one lasting impression concerning Nathaniel. ... What a weirdo.

The emerald eyed girl returned the gaze that she received from Nathaniel as she crossed her arms lightly over her chest, not amused by his presence or his implication that she would even consider to do something like with the likes of her target. "Don't worry, I'm sure... "Johnny" will return to you soon. Now if you will excuse us..."

Even furthering her hint towards him, she lightly "pushed" Nathaniel off of the angel with her telekinesis abilities... just enough for him to think that it was the effects of his intoxication or possibly the angel himself shoving him off. In regards to her feelings towards humans and her non-involvement with their lives, it only made sense that in turn, revealing her true identity to them only ever turned out to be a hassle, and because of that, she had learned over time to use certain abilities without being overt. And this situation wasn't any different.

Savannah's eyes once again met John's, this time more serious, almost threatening."I know you can hear me, so answer me this, angel," she commanded as she spoke into his mind, "You know about the angel who killed the human. Tell me who it is and where I can find him, or you will not like what will happen next."

Demonic Husband

12,825 Points
          • Invisibility 100
          • Sausage Fest 200
          • Conversationalist 100
          User Image

ISOLATION, ISOLATION,

John’s eyes widened slightly when he heard the girl’s voice in his mind. The angel stood tall, listening to her while pretending that Nathaniel was a human. It was clear to John that Nathaniel was amused by this whole ordeal, though he was a bit worried himself. Nathaniel was obviously not on his side, despite the fact that they’d been comrades in arms once. He’d always known that something had been off with the other angel, but no one dared to speak unkindly of the big man’s highest ranking angels, especially not one that was as short tempered as Nathaniel. And unfortunately, the archangel had the sinking feeling that the angel that killed the human that the demon was talking about was standing right beside him.

But he had an obligation not to tell anyone; it was every angel’s sworn secret not to place any shame or embarrassment upon their great creator. John merely stood there, lips parting as he spoke of what the demon wanted, keeping his words vague enough so that the “human” beside him didn’t know what he was talking about but gave Nathaniel a hint that this demon meant business. He furrowed his brows and murmured, “I don’t know who you are talking about. I’m just a lowly worker - talk to my superiors.” He narrowed his eyes coldly, looking at Nathaniel with a hateful stare. There were many times that he wished that he wasn’t bound by duty to help those like Nathaniel for the sake of pleasing their creator, but like every angel, he was taught to fight selflessly for the creator that gave them life and perfection. He did not hold onto the mortal fear of death as every human did, but it was frightening to even angels. When angels died, they did not become heavenly spirits like mortals did. They became nothing.

John looked down at the demoness and murmured, “Let’s finish our talk somewhere else. I do not wish to speak to you about this in front of my client any longer. We will settle this once and for all.”

A chuckle on his lips, Nathaniel slurred, “What’s the matter, Johnny? You sound like you’re about to fight to the death with ‘is lady here. You shouldn’t hit women.” When the archangel shot Nathaniel a venomous glare, Nathaniel could no longer hold his laughter. He let out a cruel, soft chuckle as though mocking the angel. These angels that were so perfect in every aspect were not like him who was flawed with the free will that the others did not have. There was many a time when Nathan disobeyed his Father and paid a price for it, but in his defiant eyes, the price to pay was still better than not having the option to disobey at all. He had a free will that could not be broken, though he envied the humans who were given such free will to begin with and did not have to fear being punished. He envied how these imperfect, disgusting creatures often outright defaced and mutilated effigies of their Father, only to be faced with everlasting forgiveness. The very thought made him cringe.

Faking a yawn, the fallen angel murmured, “It’s alright, Johnny. I’m going to just leave for right now so you two can take care of your business. Have fun doing the nasty with your little friend. Balconies are pretty romantic, I know.” He winked. He was rooting for the demon to win, but he wasn’t about to make any bets. The archangel was strong. Nathaniel received a look from John that said something like, ”You little s**t,” before smiling and disappearing past the glass doors, going into the crowd of mingling partygoers, a coy smile on his lips.

I S O L A T I O N.

NATHANIEL the SERAPH

x

Eloquent Otaku

19,325 Points
              𝕾 𝖆 𝖛 𝖆 𝖓 𝖓 𝖆 𝖍

User Image
              His response did not seem to surprise her at all, and her expression showed as much, her gaze unfaltering towards the angel before her. That was what they have all told her every time she has asked them – out of the years of hunting down the heavenly beings, she had learned that someone up above had told them to keep silent about the whole ordeal and his identity, and they were willing to do so, even if it meant sacrificing their own lives over it. How righteous the angels must have felt – standing up against the demon, not relenting to its wishes while defending one of their own… but for what? Angels were supposedly assigned to protect humans, so why were they so determined to protect one that broke their own code? This alone drove her to pursue it without rest until she got what she wanted; there was no turning back now.

“You know, for such “perfect” beings such as yourself, you all sure know how to lie well,” she replied in his mind, her demeanor calm but icy towards him. “I sure hope it’s worth it… worth your life.”

The demon girl glanced over as Nathaniel announced to them that he was leaving the two to be alone. Although she was relieved to hear this (not so much though about him implying their future sexual acts together), her eyes following him to make sure he followed through on his word, his behavior overall was… strange to say the least, regardless of his “relationship” with her target. However, humans used alcohol as a lubricant to throw away their good judgments and common sense so that they could do and say literally anything, and this one seemed to be no different. But what did it matter to her – him leaving meant being able to move and act freely, and that was the main priority – not some random drunk and his behaviors. She knew what was going to happen next wasn’t going to be pretty, and the demon didn’t want to create a scene at the overly affluent party.

Once Savannah was sure the human had departed, her focus returned back to John, a small, dark smile creeping over her lips. “Yes, let’s finish this conversation somewhere else. We don’t want to keep your… clients waiting for much longer, yes?”

~*~

As promised, the two of them did move to a more secluded location – a poorly lit, dingy alleyway not too far from the party – but only one person now stood there, alone. A warm, dark liquid dripped from one of her hands, yet that seemed to be irrelevant as she brought up her other hand to wipe the trickle of blood from the side of her mouth. The angel had put up a good fight, even giving her some minor injuries in the process, but now all that remained of the pale figure was a mere pile of ash. Her pale green eyes narrowed as she watched the soft breeze pick it up and make it fade away to nothingness.

Another one… and still no answers…

Darn it…

With a sigh, Savannah stepped away to pick up her clutch that she left nearby, checking to make sure no one was around. Then, without a word, she fluttered her eyes shut as an ethereal breeze momentarily blew around her… two dark, feathery limbs extended behind her, and in a moment, she shot upward and disappeared into the darkness, not leaving a trace of her existence behind.

~*~

Apparently he had injured her more than she would have liked to admit to. She could feel a bruise form on one of her sides, right where her ribcage rested. If she were anyone else, it would be plausible to get it checked and make sure her ribs were still intact, but since it would most likely be gone by the time she woke up tomorrow, there was no need for that. Either way, it was simply annoying to deal with – Savannah had things to take care of.

The black haired girl idly walked along as though letting them lead her to a destination unbeknownst to her. Unlike her appearance the night before, she now was dressed more casually – her hair now straight, and instead of heels and a dress, she wore black skinny jeans, boots that extended up to right below her knees, and a simple muted plum shirt.

She momentarily grimaced as someone’s elbow found her injured side when she tried to slip past a group. It had been less than a day’s time since the party, and now she was walking around a shopping mall as crowds of people shuffled around with shopping bags in their hands. They all seemed to ogle over the ornate store windows full of products on display and walk into the stores to only leave with more than what they started. There were times when she would come to do the same thing, but today wasn’t one of them.

Instead of trying to figure out who bumped into her injury, she pulled herself over to the side and walked into one of the stores. Something then made a soft, buzzing noise, causing her to immediately dig into her pocket to reveal a cell phone. A text message awaited her:

“Meet you in 5.”

Her pale hand fluidly slipped it back into her pocket and with now a small window of free time, she began to wander around and examine what they had for sale.

Demonic Husband

12,825 Points
              • Invisibility 100
              • Sausage Fest 200
              • Conversationalist 100
              User Image

ISOLATION, ISOLATION,

Nathaniel spent most of his night at the party meeting with different people and talking with them in his perfectly pleasant, fake way. His smiles were always well-practiced, a result of years of meeting with the most vile creatures in the universe as well as speaking to his superior as well as the other seraphim, though in his eyes, everyone was the same. He frowned softly once the party was over, handing the nearly untouched champagne glass over to the caterer. He disappeared out the door after that, missing the ability to just spread his wings and fly away to somewhere else. One of the best things about being an angel was being to disappear to wherever he needed to a matter of seconds. But nope, now he was stuck on his feet, and on worse days, in the midst of rush hour traffic on public transportation.

What he called home was a small loft apartment a few blocks down. It was still a nice place in the upper class part of town, and the residents were either wealthy artists that liked the sunny view of the city or wealthy musicians that liked the quietness of this area. Though he wasn’t quite as wealthy as the rest, modeling made good money if one was a successful model, and as of right now, the former angel was quite successful. Not successful to have his name and face plastered everywhere, but successful enough for him to live comfortably. Not that it was a big deal to earn that much money from his job - he could do the same just by killing and stealing, which really wasn’t all that bad of an option to him. Unlike the rest of God’s greatest, most perfect creations, Nathaniel had little compassion, especially for the humans whom he believed didn’t deserve His love.

He didn’t sleep as usual, keeping his eyes open throughout the night as he rested in bed, listening to the late night radio shows. He had bathed for an hour and made himself clean before he completely retired, and by the time it was morning again, he was ready to go out.

Once morning had come, he went to the mall to spend the day. It was a no-brainer; the best way to pretend to be a human was to get sucked up in all the shiny ads and consumerism that they all seemed so obsessed with, though Nathan didn’t understand the need for such shiny items. He did enjoy staring at the displays every once in a while, imagining himself wearing the clothes, and then remembering that he had so many better, more expensive clothes from all the times he had modeled in them. Occasionally a fan or two that recognized him, usually teenage girls that spent their days ogling at models, walked up to him for a picture or an autograph, which he happily obliged to. Nathaniel liked attention, which wasn’t all that uncommon for someone who was used to being in such a high position, but today, his attention was focused on someone who had just entered the store. It was the girl from earlier, the demoness that he’d seen only last night. His lips curled into a smile - if she was alive, then that simply meant that John no longer was, unless they had indeed settled the situation like civil creatures, though that was highly unlikely.

He walked up to her with his perfect model strut, much more composed than he had been the night before, when he’d been highly “intoxicated.” Nathan smiled slyly at the girl and said, “Weren’t you with John last night? You guys had fun?” He winked playfully before sighing and saying, “I’m just messing with you.” He knew not to push the demon too far; if she had killed John, then she was indeed strong as he had thought she was.

Absentmindedly, he murmured in his flamboyant voice, “John’s a real angel in bed.” He winked. “So what’s a girl like you doing with a guy like him?"

I S O L A T I O N.

NATHANIEL the SERAPH

x

Eloquent Otaku

19,325 Points
                  𝕾 𝖆 𝖛 𝖆 𝖓 𝖓 𝖆 𝖍

User Image
                  Seeing the young man from the night before in broad daylight and in such a casual setting made her question his identity momentarily, but once she sensed the unique aura that she had noticed from their encounter the night before, there was no question about it - he was the strange guy that knew the angel, her last target. He was one person that she definitely did not want to interact with again, let alone see. Not only was he a human, which by proxy meant she had no interest in dealing with him, but he knew of John, the angel she had hunted down and eliminated.

Of all the people...

Savannah faced him as she paused to acknowledge him trying to converse with her. There was no way of getting out of it; she was going to have to respond. In fact, she never had this happen before. Normally, most humans were put off by her icy demeanor towards them and would stay away from her... exactly how she wanted it to be, and with good reason. This particular one, however, was pursuing her, even after their first meeting.

Maybe it was because of the alcohol? But he seems to remember everything...

"Just business, nothing else," she replied curtly, her sharp eyes momentarily meeting his. With that being all she had to say (and hopefully the last time she had to talk to him), she turned on her heel and walked away in the opposite direction with the hope that this time, he finally got the message to leave her alone.

Demonic Husband

12,825 Points
                  • Invisibility 100
                  • Sausage Fest 200
                  • Conversationalist 100
                  User Image

ISOLATION, ISOLATION,

Nasty, he thought, when her glaring eyes met his. Hers were all sharp, grim in nature while his always had a hint of mischief to them. Or at least, that was how he liked to think of himself. No one needed to know about those days when he was just about ready to kill everyone or ready to hack a saw through another angel’s face. Sometimes he was filled with pure rage, but this life as an “almost” human was pretty relaxing for him. He walked around, had a whole crew of angels to clean up his messes. It was nice.

“Oh really?” he murmured, furrowing his brows and smiling as she turned the opposite way, as though trying to tell him to stop going after her. But he was persistent, following after her in the manner of any annoying human male that was trying to chase after a pretty girl. He was quick on his feet, sly on his lips when he chased after her.

“Hey, what’s the matter, doll? Just wanted to talk to you.”
                                                              He chuckled, shrugging. “Funny that I get stopped by a bunch of girls in public but then when I’m talking to a certain one, she high tails it outta here.” He grinned, catching up to her. “Tell me about yourself, where you’re from. What you’re doing with a guy like John. I mean, I’m no pro, but there was definitely something electric between you two.”

I S O L A T I O N.

NATHANIEL the SERAPH

x

Eloquent Otaku

19,325 Points
                      𝕾 𝖆 𝖛 𝖆 𝖓 𝖓 𝖆 𝖍

User Image
                      This guy clearly didn't know how to take a hint.

If her eyes could have burned holes into his skull (which sadly was not one of her abilities as a demon), she definitely would have by now with the look she shot at him. Savannah had no interest in playing along. In fact, it seemed that's all he ever did. From the moment he came in during her interaction with John to now, everything had a slight hint of mischief to it. As though she, John, and life itself were all just one big game and he was merely there to enjoy it. That was not a viewpoint she could understand nor relate to, so for her to find out his true intentions would mean spending more time than she was willing to spare with a mere human, and she, a demon, wasn't going to do that anytime soon. Demons and humans shouldn't ever be in each others' business - she learned that the hard way.

Savannah halted right when he finished his round of questions for her that he listed off like as though he was a child investigating a new toy or a desperate man trying to pick up a date.

"Look," Savannah began coldly, crossing her arms. She could tell that their interaction was causing some customers and employees to stare, but the demon disregarded them. "If you really are that popular with the ladies, regardless of your "preferences," then why don't you talk to them instead. I'm sure they would appreciate the attention. And I already told you --"

"Savannah."

Even though she knew the man from last night couldn't hear the voice, the raven haired girl turned toward the source of the sound as her angered expression immediately shifted into one of interest, on alert. A man no more than a few years older than Savannah stood a good distance away from them, staring straight at her. His features were nothing unique - dark hair, auburn eyes, a tall, sleek figure... but like Savannah, he was anything but ordinary. Having recognized the girl, he began to make a bee-line towards her. Once he reached them, he shifted his eyes between the two of them, his face a blank slate, but it was apparent that he was unsure of the situation.

"Who are you and how do you know Savannah?" Although it was meant to come across as a question towards Nathaniel, his voice and body language didn't present it as such. Sensing Zach's impression of the scene he walked into, Savannah let her arms return to her sides, but she was still on edge. Now was not a good time for a random human to be bothering her, but it was too late to do anything about it. "Zach," she greeted out loud.

"He's just a human. Nothing to worry about. I'll handle it."

"Just a human? Since when were you defending them? I thought you gave that up years ago."

The hand that adorned the single wing ring balled up into a tight fist from his remark, her knuckles turning white, but she didn't verbally respond to it. The male demon smirked slightly at Savannah, knowing full well what he did, before returning his attention to Nathaniel.

"Well?"

Demonic Husband

12,825 Points
                      • Invisibility 100
                      • Sausage Fest 200
                      • Conversationalist 100
                      User Image

ISOLATION, ISOLATION,

Nathan’s attention was turned away from the demon, only to face another demon. It was a male this time, who looked rather similar. He highly doubted that they were related, though; demons and angels weren’t creatures that were known for being highly familial or compassionate towards one another. Nathaniel himself had never really felt a connection with all his siblings, though they all inherently knew that they were all related in some way or another. Angels weren’t supposed to love; he wondered if demons were the same.

“Calm down, man,” Nathan said towards the one named Zach. He raised his hands in a faux defensive manner before chuckling and stepping back a little. All in an attempt to play a human, when in fact, he was trying to figure out why these demons wanted to hunt down angels so badly. Most that he’d known weren’t so bold to go after angels; they targeted humans instead.

“I just met her at some modeling party. She was one of the photographers, I think.” He looked over the demoness as though to confirm if he was right. She looked like a photographer; not dressed in overly opulent clothes like the firm people had been. Photographers were the closest thing to “normal people” that those parties had; everyone else was either a known model or a designer or an owner, all of whom were celebrities in their own accord.

Nathaniel shrugged and sighed. “Didn’t know that she was your girl. Sorry, man.”

I S O L A T I O N.

NATHANIEL the SERAPH

x

Eloquent Otaku

19,325 Points
                          𝕾 𝖆 𝖛 𝖆 𝖓 𝖓 𝖆 𝖍

User Image
                          A strong, masculine hand suddenly clamped down onto Nathaniel's shirt and effortlessly pulled him up and close to the angered demon. He narrowed his eyes as he glared straight at him, silently threatening him.

"My girl? You must think you're pretty funny, don't y--"

"Zach, put him down!"

Not giving him a chance to respond, Savannah slipped in between the two men as her hand latched onto Zach's shirt, tightly crunching it as though preparing for the worst. This didn't even cause Zach to flinch or release his grip, however.

"He saw you while you were hunting, Savannah. He knows too much - why didn't you get rid of him?! It's just a stupid huma--"

"I said put. Him. Down." Her grip tightened, hinting for him to shut up if he knew better.

It was then that she realized that she should respond out loud, but have it be vague enough that it was safe for the human to hear. Having too much of the conversation internally would only make them look suspicious to everyone around them, even though it appeared that the part of the store they stood in had suddenly become vacant...

"Nothing happened last night, so just leave him alone."

A short, tense moment of silence fell between them.

"... Fine," he relented, finally dropping Nathaniel like a dead weight. Savannah then followed suit while taking a step back to give them both their space.

"You're lucky Lucifer himself considers you to be one of the best angel hunters out there."

Zach adjusted his shirt, apparently frustrated from the turn of events. He wasn't able to go through with what he wanted to do and how he would have handled a "pest," and that aggravated him. "We'll talk later," he offered as his "goodbye," giving Nathaniel one last dirty look before swiftly making his way towards the exit.

Savannah softly sighed, closing her eyes as she quickly reviewed in her mind what just happened and allowing herself a moment to contemplate what to do next. As a demon, there was no explanation for her behavior - demons weren't to protect humans by any means, and she knew this kind of behavior was going to give her trouble later on.

She didn't bother to face Nathaniel, assuming that he was still there, but spoke to him for the first time in a tone that wasn't nearly as aggressive as usual, and once again, she wasn't sure why.

"...Sorry."

Demonic Husband

12,825 Points
                          • Invisibility 100
                          • Sausage Fest 200
                          • Conversationalist 100
                          User Image

ISOLATION, ISOLATION,

Nathaniel was taken off guard by the demon’s sudden aggressive attack, nearly using his own powers. But luckily, the girl got between them before he had to get nasty. He knew that they were having those telepathic conversations between one another, given the amount of tension that was between them despite their lack of verbal exchange. He stared at them with narrowed eyes, pretty angry that this guy was just going to get in front of him and so aggressively attack him.

“What the hell is your problem?” he asked, standing behind the demoness who had been wise enough to get in between them. Nathan was one with a fiery temper as well, though his wasn’t quite so…volatile. He frowned coldly, lips curling downwards. “I was just joking around - you didn’t have to go all mafia on me.” He rolled his eyes, sticking his tongue out. “Besides, I’m not even interested in your girl. I’m gay. You would understand that if you were there last night with John and your friend.”

When the man finally disappeared away from his space, Nathaniel felt the tension relax slightly but didn’t say anything. He blew a strand of hair out of his face and looked back at the demoness, surprised that she was apologizing despite her previously aggressive tone. He raised his eyebrows and quickly said, “No, you’re fine! I’m just sorry that I gave your friend the impression that I was trying to hit on you…But really, I’m not here for a relationship or anything like that. I just like talking to people.” He rambled in a rather high pitched chatter, folding his arms across his chest as though to help the demoness get the idea of what kind of person he was. Nathan loved acting, and had modeling not been so natural for him, he might have pursued acting instead.

“So uh…you’re a photographer, right?” Without waiting for her to answer, he lied, “Well I was looking for one myself. I’m doing a series of private shots for a small, underground magazine that belongs to a friend of mine. Since it’s a new magazine and my firm won’t pay for the job, I need to hire my own photographer. I’m doing this for my friend, so if you’re alright with it, I’d pay you a pretty penny, too.”

I S O L A T I O N.

NATHANIEL the SERAPH

x

Eloquent Otaku

19,325 Points
                              𝕾 𝖆 𝖛 𝖆 𝖓 𝖓 𝖆 𝖍

User Image
                              It didn't take long for her to return to being her normal, standoffish self towards him as she listened to him ramble - yet, once she heard him offer her a job as a photographer, Savannah couldn't help but tilt her head at him out of sheer curiosity. She thought he was being persistent because of what happened last night, but was he really talking to her just to offer her a job? Initially she was going to outright say no - Savannah literally had barely, if any at all, experience when it came to actually being a legitimate photographer. Like for so many other targets, she merely pretended to be one just so she could get near the person of interest, and for that night, she was a photographer. Who would have thought that some human would want to hire her afterwards. Besides, obtaining the information she needed via hunting down angels was on the top of her list, not being some random photographer.

However, the more she thought about it, the more difficult it was to immediately shoot him down like she had been doing since last night. The demon knew that she had promised herself that she wouldn't get involved in human affairs, but having a "cover up" job would be handy to have, just in case something went awry. And extra cash never hurt anyone - it's not like being an angel hunter was going to be her lifelong position.

Crossing her arms once more, she narrowed her green eyes at him. "Wouldn't you rather ask someone you know for something like this? You just met me last night." If anything, based on both of their encounters, neither of them have been exactly positive experiences for the guy. There had to have been a copious amount of people flocking to work at his side - real professionals - so why ask someone like her?

Quick Reply

Submit
                              Manage Your Items
                              Other Stuff
                              Get GCash
                              Offers
                              Get Items
                              More Items
                              Where Everyone Hangs Out
                              Other Community Areas
                              Virtual Spaces
                              Fun Stuff