Adorable Warrior

User Image
Private One x One Between
BACKDROPsilhouette & Keely Que Linda

Adorable Warrior

User Image

User Image User Image User Image

ILIANA ▐ : ─ MEDEIROS
                                tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab character role: the glass artist

nickname : ─ lia
                                          sexuality: ─ heterosexual

tab tab tab tab tab tab █ played by BACKDROPsilhouette

CARLOS ▐ : ─ SANTIAGO
                                tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab character role: the muscian

nickname : ─ carlos

tab tab tab tab tab tab █ played by keely que linda

BRIELLA ▐ : ─ MAKI
                                tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab character role: the hardworking mother

nickname : ─ bree

tab tab tab tab tab tab █ played by keely que linda

JULIAN ▐ : ─ REYNOLDS
                                tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab character role: the businessman/CEO

nickname : ─ julian

tab tab tab tab tab tab █ played by BACKDROPsilhouette

Adorable Warrior

User Image

User Image
                                      name: ─ Bryant Maddison
                                      nickname : ─ Bry, Brian,

User Image
                                      name : ─ name
                                      nickname : ─ nickname

Adorable Warrior

User Image

weather: ─ weather
                                      time: ─ time

UPDATES

so far: ─ what's happened

Adorable Warrior

Adorable Warrior

Adorable Warrior

User Image

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoI KNOW THINGS GET H A R D, BUT GIRL YOU GOT IT
                        xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoo━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxgirl you ❛ g o t ⋮- it, there you go. )
                              ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

"Briella, if you don't move now you're going to be late for your first day" The last place Briella expected to be at twenty-four years of age, was under her parents roof. Waking up in the morning in the room she grew up in was not nostalgic, it was disappointing. "I heard you the first time Ma," She had actually been ready for a while now. Instead of running down the stairs excited for her first day of work, she was laying in bed fully clothed and dreading it. "This day is going to go so slow," "Mommy," A gentle nudge of her leg sent Briella looking towards the edge of her bed with a smile. She out stretched her arms to the small child, beckoning her to come in to her mother's arms. "Come here princess,"

"Are you ready for school today?" Briella asked, placing a kiss on the young girls forehead. "No!" The child said defiantly, fowning and causing her mother to laugh. "And why not? Don't you want to meet new friends Elise" Briella tucked a loose strand of Elise's auburn hair behind her ear. "No, you're not gonna be with me," Briella smiled and pulled her daughter closer. "You won't need Mommy there sweety. You won't even miss me. You'll have new friends and lots of new toys to play with," Briella wasn't surprised when her daughter's big brown eyes looked up at her with new found excitement "New toys!?," "Dolls, and, crayons and all the toys you can imagine You'll - " "Mom!," Elise whined as she wiggled out of her mother's grasp and on to the floor below. "Let's go," She tugged on the hem of Briella's,skirt; her desire to get her hands on those toys her new motivation.

━━━━ Time Skip ━━━━

"She'll be just fine Ms. Maki. Really. Look, she's already in her own little world" Rebecca Harris a petite blonde probably not many years older than Briella, was trying to get her out of the daycare and off to work. Briella on the other hand just stood concerned, worried about leaving Elise alone. Though the four year old had made herself quite at home and had already seemed to make herself at home, Briella was unsure about leaving her child alone for the first time. "I don't know, I mean...she" "She'll be fine. If anything happens, if she asks for you, if she's upset at all, I'll call you at your desk. But I assure you, she'll be fine," With a gentle nudge and a few more reassuring words, Briella was out of her daycare and on to the elevator, hoping this day would end as soon as it began.

To say she was dreading the idea of meeting her boss was an understatement and this elevator music was just making her day worse.

Most people were able to go in to their first day at work and not have the slightest clue who their boss was, never met them once in their life. But Briella did not have that luxury. Mr. Reynolds and her had a very sticky past, one she usually liked to keep behind her, and if it wasn't for the fact that this secretary job paid well and might be a step in the direction she needed to climb her way up the ladder. A way to put her marketing degree to good use.

"This is for you, Bree, for your daughter. For you to provide for your child, you can't live with Father and I forever. Be professional Bree. Don't make anything personal. Do not let him unnerve you" The words her mother left her with this morning would hopefully get her through her day. The ding of the elevator brought her back to reality, mantras wouldn't save her now.

Making her way through the maze of cubical and odd looks, Briella sucked in a deep breath as she rounded a sharp corner and walking down a short hallway. An empty desk with stacks upon stacks of papers greeted her. She knew she'd be busy today no doubt. Taking in a deep breath, she walked past the desk and abruptly knocked on the door, that read "Julian Reynolds, CEO". Her stomach in knots "Ugh, I think I'm going to be sick, " She groaned inwardly, and smoothed down the front of her skirt. Maybe things would go smoothly, maybe he wouldn't even remember her face. Reaching for the doorknob, she opened the door slowly, clearing her throat as she entered the room. "Mr. Reynolds. Good Morning. I'm Briella Maki, your new assistant "

OOC: OMG, what was this post even?
        Gonna go crash but hopefully I can get Carlos' post up before you leave

Adorable Warrior

User Image

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoIT'S THE PERFECT D E N I A L ...
                        xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoo━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxIt's a ❛ b e a u t i f u l ⋮- lie. )

"Ma, I'm just taking him to get some pancakes. You act like I can't care for my own kid" It hadn't been more than twenty-four hours since Carlos had gotten back to town and his mother was already jumping down his throat. "You can have pancakes here. You've been gone for four months Carlos you can just come here and tak-" "I'm not taking him. Ma, I just. Give me a break,"

Raking his fingers through his hair Carlos took a deep breath. He had been looking forward to coming home since he went on tour with his band five months ago. He hated the idea of being away from his son for too long. And life on tour wasn't the life he wanted for his child. "Look Mom, I haven't seen him in two months okay. I just got back," Taking a deep breath he looked up at the ceiling for a moment before looking down at his mother, her face stricken with annoyance. "I just want to spend sometime with my son. You act like I didn't call everyday or something," "You weren't here Carlos, "And you don't think I try to be?" He snapped narrowing his eyes at her. "Don't raise your voice at me Carlos, "Then stop acting like I don't give a damn about my son," He bit his lip seeing his son peek his head in to the room.

"Hey kiddo," Smiling Carlos got down to his sons level and was soon bombarded with a tight hug and a bright smile. "You ready to go get some pancakes with your old man? Huh Jon?" "Yeah!" "Yeah!?" A slight tickle of Jonathan's ribs sent him to a giggle fit before Carlos turned to his mother. "Alright kiddo, say goodbye to grandma?" Letting go of his son, Carlos watched as the three year old embraced his grandmother. "Bye bye gran-ma!" "Yeah Ma, we'll be back soon"

---

"So what kind of pancakes do you want?" Sitting back in his seat, Carlos smiled as he looked at his song, fiddling with a napkin. He had taken him to small diner in town. A rather popular place for locals to dine at. Now he was just waiting for their waitress to arrive so he can place his orders. "I dunno" "You don't know? What about blueberry? Or chocolate chip" "OHHH, I want chocolate chip!" Jonathan answered enthusiastically. "Alright kiddo. Chocolate chip, it is"

OOC: This was so bad.
                      Just now.

xAscoldrainfalls's Compadre

User ImageUser Image

tab tab tab ι ғєєℓ ℓιкє ʀυɴɴιɴɢ αωαч tab tab tab tab tab tab (чσυ sαч тнαт ι'ℓℓ ɴєvєʀ cнαɴɢє)
tab tab tab tab tab tab (ι'м sтιℓℓ sσ ғαʀ ғʀσм нσмє) tab tab tab tab tab tab вυт ωнαт тнє ғυcк ∂σ чσυ кɴσω?

Only three hours into her shift and Iliana was already dreading the rest of the day. She opened the diner that morning and so far had made a decent amount in tips, but was getting to the point in her career there where the smell of eggs and bacon made her sick. The female couldn’t even eat breakfast foods anymore when she didn’t have to work. Rumor had it that this happened to everyone that worked at the diner for longer than a year and a half, and as of that day Iliana had been an employee at The Lunch Wagon for exactly two years. Hitting the two year mark wasn’t exciting for her, either. Having graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Studio Art, Iliana expected to run her own gallery by now. Instead, there she was making art of melted down glass and food coloring on the side while working as a waitress nearly 60 hours a week to pay rent and those pesky student loans that were hanging over her head.

It truly shocked Iliana at how much had changed since she was in high school. Her parents hadn’t spoken to her in years, she no longer had a car and wardrobe that would make any woman jealous, and the person who she thought to be the love of her life was no longer at her side. There were times that Iliana thought about initiating contact with her parents again, but they were the cause of so many problems and when it came down to it they were horrible people. Other times Iliana thought about calling up her old boyfriend and asking him if he wanted to give things another try. That was even more of a stupid idea than trying to get her parent’s monetary support again. He cheated on her, had a baby with another woman, and was off making music with the big shots now. He probably didn’t even think about her anymore. As much as Iliana wished she could go back to the day when her life was perfect, when she was naïve and in the dark about a lot of what was going on around her, she had to focus on the present.

At present, Iliana was dealing with the fact that one of her coworkers called in and left her with a double shift. She was actually supposed to get off early that day, but instead she would be working until 8 in the evening, turning her typical 60 hour work-week into a 68 hour work-week. At least the extra tips would treat her well. When she had an off day maybe she could treat herself to a massage or upgrade a few things in her studio. Ah, yes. That’s what she would focus on to get her through the day. A nicer studio! "Lia, table 14 is waiting on you! Get your head out of the clouds." Iliana’s roommate, Cecilia, also worked at The Lunch Wagon and was always there to keep her on track. "Let me get table 3 their coffee and table 9 some loaded hash browns and I’ll be right on it, promise!" The rule was not to let a customer wait longer than 10 minutes to be seen after they took a seat, but Iliana tried to make it to the table as soon as they sat down (it made for a bigger tip). This time around, unfortunately, she was running a little late.

Iliana brought table 3 and 9 their orders and was headed over to 14 when she actually looked up and saw who was sitting at the table. "No, nope, no." Iliana turned around halfway there and went back to where Cecilia was. Lowering her voice, Iliana made a request. "Best roommate in the world, do you think you could take 14 for me?" Iliana didn’t actually expect for anyone to switch tables with her, but she had to try. In trying, she gave herself enough time to calm down and figure out how she was supposed to deal with waiting on her ex-boyfriend and his son. "What? You never ask anyone to switch tables with you. Who is it? " "My ex." Cecilia looked over Iliana’s shoulder then back to her. "The ex? I wish I could help you out, Lia, but since Dana called out we’re already shorthanded. Good luck, though. I’m sorry!"

Foiled again. Iliana looked at her watch and noticed they were approaching the ten minute mark, then took a deep breath, clenched her teeth, then approached Carlos and that kid. Then, like the brainwashed waitress that she was, Iliana smiled big and put on the best show of her life. "Good morning, my name is Iliana and I will be your server today! Are you ready to order or should I start you off with something to drink?" If she just kept smiling and pretending that the person in front of her didn’t break her heart into a million pieces all those years ago, everything would be just fine—or at least she kept trying to convince herself so.

ι'ℓℓ вυʀɴ ιт αℓℓ тσ тнє ɢʀσυɴ∂ вєғσʀє Ι ℓєт чσυ ιɴ
                                                    Ρℓєαsє ғσʀɢιvє мє, ι cαɴ'т ғσʀɢιvє чσυ ɴσω.
                                                    ι ʀємємвєʀ єvєʀчтнιɴɢ.

ι cαɴ'т sαч тнє devil мα∂є мє ∂σ ιт.
                                                      ι cнσsє тσ вє тнє σɴє ι αм, the way I am today.
                                                      ι ωιsн тнєʀє ωαs вυт тнєʀє's ɴσ ωαч αʀσυɴ∂ ιт.
                                                      ιɴ тнє єɴ∂ I made the choice αɴ∂ ωιℓℓ ɴσт ∂ιє αsнαмє∂.

User Image
                                                      User Image

Julian didn’t have to go into the office early, but there was rarely a day that he didn’t. Logically starting the day early made no sense—Julian didn’t get paid hourly. Working extra hours granted him the same pay as he would get if he only went to work for two hours a day. From an outside point of view Julian would appear to be a workaholic. Hell, Julian didn’t even like working for the family business. There was just something about the power of being CEO at twenty-five that appealed to Julian. There was also something about the fat paycheck he got every week that had him doing everything he could to keep his name in good standing. If pretending he enjoyed his job and going in early every morning was what he had to do to ensure he kept making 7 figures, so be it.

That morning in particular Julian attended an important business meeting, and those 7 figures were all he had to keep him from dozing off. If people really looked close at him they’d be able to see little dollar signs in his eyes. Why he didn’t bring coffee in with him to this meeting, he didn’t know. Coffee could have at least made it seem as if he was paying attention. Coffee and a scone or a really fluffy biscuit. He was paying attention, sure, but not as much as he should have. It was a good thing he got his title by being related to the people that started this company, otherwise he would have been fired long ago. Julian had a MBA and started working in the business when he was 16, but that didn’t mean he had enough experience to be a successful CEO. He was adequate but could be better. Julian wanted to be a better CEO, he just couldn’t see himself doing so without a hot cup of coffee. Why hadn’t his assistant brought him coffee already?

Once his meeting let out, Julian gathered the notes he managed to take, gathered a few sets of papers from the people that were trying to get him to invest in them, and told him he would review everything and get back to them within the next week. Less if he shortened his lunch from an hour to the 25 minutes everyone else in the building got. As soon as the potential investees were gone, he went into the nearest bathroom and splashed some water in his face then dried it with a paper towel. He then straightened his tie and made a bee-line for the front desk. “Susan, where is that assistant with my coffee?” Julian had to be missing something because that very fine assistant was never late and did a damn good job of “assisting” him. “She quit last week Mr. Reynolds. You’ve had a temp working for you since then…?” Oh. That would explain it. “And? Is there no temp today?” “We hired an intern to be your assistant, she should be here shortly, Sir.” “Fantastic! Thanks, Susan, you’re the best.” “No problem at all Mr. Reynolds, but my name isn’t Susan, it’s—

Of course Julian left the front desk before Susan or whatever her name was could correct him. He had to get to his office so he could twiddle his thumbs and think hard about whether or not he wanted to even entertain the idea of investing in these new companies. One of them sought his money to start yet another non-profit organization to feed kids that couldn’t afford lunch in elementary schools. In his office and lounging in his chair, Julian narrowed his eyes at that little business proposal. It was going to be a non-profit organization? Where would the profit come from if he invested in them? The happiness of children was of no value to Julian. He’d have to come back to that.

A few pages into the next stack of papers and there was a knock on the door. “Great, how about some coffee to start with?” Julian made his request without even looking up at the new assistant. He looked up after a few moments when he realized that name sounded familiar. Upon seeing the face to go with the name, Julian remembered her. They had a fling at some point years ago … he vaguely remembered something about a kid but wasn’t sure if that was fact or fiction. Either way, it didn’t matter. She was his assistant and he had no emotional ties to her whatsoever. She, however, looked tense. He looked a bit smug in response to how uneasy she seemed, but tried not to make it obvious that he was going to enjoy this little situation. “After coffee you can help me go over these business proposals.

ιт's нαʀ∂ ғσʀ мє тσ υɴ∂єʀsтαɴ∂ мчsєℓғ.
                                                      Sσ ιт нαs тσ вє нαʀ∂ αs нєℓℓ ғσʀ чσυ.

Adorable Warrior

User Image

Great, how about some coffee to start with?” No one must have taught the CEO what a polite introduction was. He didn't even look up at her when he spoke. And a simple "Hello" or "Good Morning" would have been nice before he barked out orders. "This is going to be so fun," Briella thought to herself as she took to the door, ready to get his coffee. “After coffee you can help me go over these business proposals.” She glanced back and nodded abruptly making sure to avoid eye contact. "Y-yes, of course,".

Closing the door behind her Bree took a deep breath and headed back in the direction she came. She was freaking out for no reason. He didn't remember her. Or at least it didn't seem that way. There was no surprised, shocked, or scared impression. No outbursts, no nothing. But his lack their of a good attitude or better yet a good personality was something that she remembered all to well. He was never the nicest person. Though she hardly knew him. What she did know however, was he was a spoiled rich kid who got everything he wanted. Who never took responsibility for his actions. Who she should have sued for child support. "Don't even go there Bree,"

Pausing at the cubical, Briella realized she wasn't exactly sure where she was supposed to get coffee from. Not to mention, she didn't even ask him out he liked his coffee. "I'm such an idiot," Briella mumbled to herself as she looked down at her feet. Conflicted on weither or not she should go back and ask or guess how he liked his coffee. Despite not being fond of her boss, she did not want to get fired.

"You must be the new girl," A masculine voice cause her to look up, and she almost immediately smiled. Her cheeks rosy red, as her eyes met his hazel irises. Briella wasn't particularly shy, but even she couldn't help being a bit nervous around her handsome employee. Especially since she already felt like s spaz.

"Yeah, what gave it away?"
                                                            "You look a little lost. Plus, I heard Mr. Boss Man got a new assistant today. And you're the only fresh face so...,"
                                                            "Oh, well,that would be me "Mr. Boss Man's" new assistant" She smiled.
                                                            "Alright, so does this new assistant have a name or should I just call her 'the new assistant'?" He took a sip off his coffee, which snapped Briella back to thee job at hand. She was supposed to get Julian coffee.
                                                            "Briella, you can call me' Briella. And where'd you make that? I have to get coffee for, Mr. Reynolds,"
                                                            "Briella, I'm Bryant. And the coffee? Come on I'll give you a quick tour while we head to the lounge.."

A little bit of small talk and chit chat while in the lounge wasn't doing much for Briella and her coffee making. "Hey new girl, if that's for Reynods. Three sugars, and a little bit of cream," A brunette over at the microwave shouted over to her with a smile. "Oh, thanks so much," Briella smiled in reply doing as directed. "And hey, don't look so nervous okay. He may be a pretty face but... She stopped for a moment glancing around the room at Bryant and then back at Briella. "He can be a bit of a....you know," "An a**?" For a moment only the beep of the microwave was heard, but the brunette nodded. "Exactly. He feeds off of you being jittery and nervous around him. Don't let him get under your skin okay new girl?" The girl patted her on the shoulder before heading out of the room with her breakfast sandwich and coffee in tow.

"Jen's got a point. Just relax alright, don't let him get to you?" Bryant took a ffew steps back, heading out of the lounge. "I'll see you around alright Briella?" The corner of his lips curled in to a smirk and he winked. "I got some work to do," Briella waved back to him, before pouring herself some coffee.

Making her way back to Julian's office, Briella remembered with that Jen girl said. 'don't let him get under your skin' she was right. If she got all tense and nervous, she was going to lose her cool, freak out, and that was uncalled for. He wasn't relevant to her life much other than the fact that he was her boss. He might have been the father of her child...biologically at least, but he wasn't Elliana's Dad, he didn't even care to know she existed, and Briella planned to keep it that way.

Taking a deep breath, Briella shifted the coffees to one hand, put one a casual smile, and opened the door. "Your coffee Mr. Reynolds," She set the cup in front him before settling her own down on his desk and taking a seat in one of the chairs adjacent from him. "So about those business proposals?" Briella asked as she crossed her legs and smoothed down her skirt. "What would you like me to help you with?"

OOC: Briella LIKE A BOSS!!!

Adorable Warrior

User Image

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoIT'S THE PERFECT D E N I A L ...
                        xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoo━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxIt's a ❛ b e a u t i f u l ⋮- lie. )

Carlos had been focusing on his meanu with Iliana arrived. "Good morning, my name is Iliana and I...." The beginning of that sentence and simply seeing her face was all Carlos needed to completely zone out. It had been years, years since he last saw her, since he last heard her voice. Years since he ruined what could probably be described as one of if not the best relationship that he's ever had. There wasn't a day when Iliana hadn't crossed his mind. No matter how hard he tried, his mind always fell back to what could have been. If he hadn't let the fame go to his head, if he hadn't cheated, if he hadn't had a child. But that's where it all stopped. Despite the fact that he didn't plan to have a child or his mother wasn't the women whom he had once called the love of his life, he wouldn't trade Jonathan for the world.

"Iliana," Carlos smiled instantly as he looked up at her. Any thought of what he wanted to order had gone out the window. She was just as beautiful as he remembered. Granted she had seemed to have traded in her designer clothes for more simple attire but that didn't change how beautiful she was. "It's been...a while," His smile disappeared slightly. That was his fault and he knew it. He's the reason why she left him. "Too long actually,"

He had so many questions. He wanted to know so much. How she's been, what she's been up to, but most importantly, why she was here. Iliana was the daughter of a rather well off family. Though he honestly couldn't say he was a fan of her parents, she should have had enough money for her to live comfortably. Instead here she was at the diner, waiting tables. "How have you been, I uh - ,"

"Daddy. pancakes!" Jonathan whined as he peaked over the edge of the table. Bouncing up and down the toddler whined. "Sorry kiddo, why don't you tell her what pancakes you want?" He ruffled his son's hair causing him to giggle before the boys big brown eyes looked up at Iliana. "Chocolate Chip." "Chocolate chip what, Johnny?" "Chocolate Chip. please," He added with a gleeful grin, swinging his legs back and forth.

Smiling down at his son Carlos nodded, before looking back at Iliana. It was odd asking her for an order of food, it made him feel uncomfortable. "Uh..." He looked down at the menue again. "And um...I guess an orange juice for him too. I'll uh just have some coffee with orginal pancakes, with uh bacon and eggs" He paused for a second collecting his thoughts before looking back at Iliana. It had been so long, and he hated how they left things. "Are you busy today...I'd like to talk to you later. On your break maybe?" It was worth a shot.

OOC: Sorry I took so long..

ι cαɴ'т sαч тнє devil мα∂є мє ∂σ ιт.
                                                      ι cнσsє тσ вє тнє σɴє ι αм, the way I am today.
                                                      ι ωιsн тнєʀє ωαs вυт тнєʀє's ɴσ ωαч αʀσυɴ∂ ιт.
                                                      ιɴ тнє єɴ∂ I made the choice αɴ∂ ωιℓℓ ɴσт ∂ιє αsнαмє∂.

User Image
                                                      User Image

Hearing Briella stutter was exactly what Julian wanted. He didn't have a fetish for women who stuttered or anything, but he did find a strange pleasure in other people's discomfort; it evoked a sense of smug satisfaction. As such, Julian didn't even bother to hide the smug grin on his face as Briella left to go retrieve his coffee.

As soon as she left the office, Julian stared down at the pile of work on his desk and tapped his fingers on the arms of his chair. There was a lot that needed to be done, sure, but he also had a new assistant that he could ask for help. She wasn't qualified to do the job; then again, he wasn't the most qualified person for the job either.

To do the right thing, Julian dedicated a whole five minutes of his life to work and only work. In that five minutes he managed to sift through a pile of reports he should have looked at a week ago. 'So that's what Alexander keeps asking me about when I leave for lunch every damn day.' People hounded Julian about the simplest of things: did he look over this, what did he think of that? Had they no mind of their own?!

Feeling somewhat accomplished (and still without coffee), Julian pulled a phone from his pocket, leaned back in his chair and started playing Candy Crush. He was unsure of why he spent so much of his time, and money, on that stupid app; all Julian knew for sure was that if he didn't reach level 300 and finish the game by the end of the month, he'd have to complain to the developers.

Briella returned in the middle of a level. He paused the game, took the coffee, and actually said "Thanks." She sat down and mentioned the business proposals. Er, business proposals? Right, he still had to give them serious consideration however much he didn't really want to.

"Yeah, go through these and tell me if any of them seem worth investing in. I looked through them earlier, but I need a second opinion." Most of them were ridiculous in his opinion. Any person with a heart would think they were great, but Julian wasn't interested in all these non-profit business ideas that boasted charity. As long as he was still making money (and wasn't spending mass amounts of money on things he wouldn't get a return from), he'd be fine.

Julian moved the stack of proposals over to the space in front of Briella. He then resumed his game of Candy Crush to try and finish the level. Julian wanted to see if the random "Great!", "Divine!", and "Delicious!" sounds coming from his phone could unnerve his new assistant. Eventually, though, he beat the level and had to return the phone to his pocket.

He checked his business email and yawned. Boooring. He didn't get why anyone would voluntarily want to sit and handle this nonsense all day. There were some aspects of business that Julian really enjoyed. The office work was not interesting in the least. "Why would someone like you be interested in this job? Aren't there more entertaining jobs to go after?" He asked when he just couldn't take the boredom of those technically worded emails.

ιт's нαʀ∂ ғσʀ мє тσ υɴ∂єʀsтαɴ∂ мчsєℓғ.
                                                      Sσ ιт нαs тσ вє нαʀ∂ αs нєℓℓ ғσʀ чσυ.

User ImageUser Image

tab tab tab ι ғєєℓ ℓιкє ʀυɴɴιɴɢ αωαч tab tab tab tab tab tab (чσυ sαч тнαт ι'ℓℓ ɴєvєʀ cнαɴɢє)
tab tab tab tab tab tab (ι'м sтιℓℓ sσ ғαʀ ғʀσм нσмє) tab tab tab tab tab tab вυт ωнαт тнє ғυcк ∂σ чσυ кɴσω?

The only reason Iliana was smiling at the man in front of her was because her job required it. If he looked into her eyes he'd be able to see that she was clearly unhappy with the misfortune of having to take his order; she was, in fact, shooting daggers at him. Either Carlos was unaware of her displeasure in seeing him or he genuinely believed that having her as a waitress meant they could talk like old times.

Mhm, so how about those drinks?” Iliana completely ignored the 'How have you been?' at the end of his introduction. She couldn't believe he had the nerve to talk with her as if they were two close friends seeing each other again after summer break. Friendship wasn't possible after what he did to her. Iliana tried to forgive him when she found out he cheated on her. After she moved out of the apartment they shared together, they had a few conversations to try and work things out. When she found out about the kid, though, it became clear to Iliana that she was only lying to herself. She couldn't find a way to forgive Carlos, especially not when he had a kid with someone else.

Now that kid was right in front of her. She felt bad that she hated someone that was so tiny and adorable. He looked just like his father and appeared to be so lively and innocent. He didn't know that he was part of the reason she and his father were no longer together. Whether Iliana liked the kid or not, she had to admit that his taste in pancakes was admirable. Chocolate chip pancakes were her favorite, too. “Great! Chocolate chip pancakes are our specialty.” While her voice sounded both sweet and excited as all waitresses should, Iliana was writing the order on her notepad so hard that the pencil was tearing through to the next sheet and her fingers were turning white with tension. Of course Carlos would order a feast.

I'll be back with your drinks shortly,” Iliana replied quickly before she hurried off to place the order. She couldn't ignore Carlos wanting to talk to her on her break, but she could avoid it for the moment. As she poured the fresh coffee, Cecilia walked up to the counter.

So?

He wants to talk after work, which isn't going to happen because I am going straight home to sleep after work.

What about your break? You know you can't keep putting it off. You have to talk to him.

As far as he is concerned, I don't have a break. And nope, never going to happen! I'm not ready to talk to him.

Come on, Lia. You can at least talk to him while he's sitting there. It doesn't have to be anything serious. Just small talk.

Iliana rolled her eyes, put the orange juice, coffee, and another table's food on her tray and walked off. She gave the other table their food first. When she finally returned to Carlos' table, she was no longer smiling. While she didn't look angry, she wasn't as peppy as before. “Your food will be out in ten minutes.” She put the kid's glass of orange juice in front of him. They didn't carry kid sized cups, so Iliana placed a lid from a small Styrofoam cup over it and handed him a straw. She then placed Carlos' coffee in front of him. She would have added a few packets of sugar and creamer, but without thinking about it Iliana had already made it up at the counter. It had been years since she made his coffee in the morning before he went off to practice with his band, yet she still remembered his preference.

Clearing her throat, Iliana held the tray to her side. “I'm not sure I'll have a break anytime soon and I don't get off until eight tonight. I open the diner tomorrow, too, so I won't have much time before I need to go to bed. Maybe tomorrow. Or some other time. Yeah, some other time is fine.” Some other time as in never. Iliana was about to nod and walk away when Cecilia walked behind Iliana and tapped her on the shoulder. “Hey, we're letting you break first since you've been here the longest.” Cecilia 'whispered' this information loud enough for Carlos to hear it. Great. “Thanks, Celia, that's wonderful!” Just wonderful. Cecilia walked away looking pleased, then Iliana turned back to Carlos and sighed. “Fine! I give up. If you let my friend watch the kid, we can talk on my break. It's in about 45 minutes. That's all you're getting.

With that, Iliana took off again so she could wait on a few other people. Eventually she brought back their food without saying a word.

ι'ℓℓ вυʀɴ ιт αℓℓ тσ тнє ɢʀσυɴ∂ вєғσʀє Ι ℓєт чσυ ιɴ
                                                    Ρℓєαsє ғσʀɢιvє мє, ι cαɴ'т ғσʀɢιvє чσυ ɴσω.
                                                    ι ʀємємвєʀ єvєʀчтнιɴɢ.

Adorable Warrior

User Image

Julian didn't seem to take this seriously.

He shoved the stack of papers over to her as if they were more of a chore than anything else. Wasn't he supposed to be top dog? The big bad CEO? Then again, he looked like he'd rather play candy crush than his actual job. She refrained from rolling her eyes, and instead took a few moments to skim through the proposals to see if any had caught her eye. She wasn't about to let some matching game get under her skin.

"Why would someone like you be interested in this job? Aren't there more entertaining jobs to go after?" Briella looked up from the stack of papers with a raised brow. "Someone like me?". What was that supposed to mean? What was so special about her that she should be out doing something else? Honestly she didn't have a clue what she would be doing right now other than this job. She was a communications major and for the time being this would be where she'd stay until she found a better job. Right now her main focus was to save up enough money to get a nice apartment to move her and her child out of her parents house. To support her little family of two and give her daughter everything she needs to survive comfortably. "I'm not too sure what you mean Mr. Reynolds," She tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Before looking back down at the files. "I was looking for a job after I graduated. I was lucky enough to find one that fits with my degree. It's simple really,". She shrugged and a skimmed through yet another document, this one caught her eye.

"You sir, don't seem too interested working here.".She hoped that didn't seem like she was talking out of place. But she couldn't help but make that observation. She couldn't help but notice how he didn't care for his job too much. Despite being CEO. He didn't even want to take the effort of looking through these proposals. Or maybe non-profit organizations and aiding children put a sour taste in his mouth. Either way it didn't look like he wanted to do anything productive.

"This." She slid the proposal towards him. It was a non-profit that helps feed children who are unable to afford lunches. "It's a good cause. And it's sure to give the company a lot of positive attention." Sitting back in her seat, Briella settled her hands on top of the stack of papers on her lap. Waiting to see Julian's reaction to her proposal of choice.

OOC: I had this done for the 2 days now I forgot to post it. The ending is sorta bleh tho

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff