User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

jaxnteller's Queen

Beloved Gawker

9,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Contrary to popular belief, I know exactly what I'm doing...

There was talking, oh yes there was talking in the background that could barely be heard over the sound of music blarring through the headphones that were happily nuzzled inside Tony Stark's ears. He was suppose to be listening to the conversation around him, he knew that. This meeting involved the safety to his world. Of Earth! It was so important and yet Tony could not pull himself away from the game Space Invaders on his phone. Oh he was so close to that high score he could taste it. You know what high scores tasted like to Tony Stark? Like the ******** best chocolate cake any one had even made before. And only he was allowed to have it. Screw the kid from Japan that held the high score in all the world. It was Tony Stark's now!

Suddenly the blaring voice of Avenged Seven Fold's lead singer left his ears and his phone disappeared from his quick and talented fingers. "Hey what...?!" Tony snapped his head up as he was thrown into sudden alertness. Standing beside him, the always red, white, and blue colorful Captain America stood next to him while waving the headphones in one hand and his phone in the other. "Hey man, what do you think you're doing? I was almost to the high score." Tony snapped and snatched for his phone but Captain America held it out of reach and stepped away. Tony went to follow after him but a booming loud familiar voice called out to him which caused him to pause. "Oh yes Mr. Stark, because Angry Birds is so much more important than saving the world." Tony turned his attention to the giant screen at the end of the lang table he was sitting at and saw Nick Fury's big face stuck in the oversized screen. Tony held back a snicker. The HD of the tv sure did make Fury's face very detailed. "Hey, Angry Birds is not more important that saving the world... Space Invaders is though." Tony said with a huff as though insulted by Fury's thinking.

Nick Fury stared down at Stark with a frown on his face. The man insisted on being apart of the Avengers and yet the man was not part of the process of what it met to be an Avenger. He could see the rest of his team, Captain America, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Hulk, Thor, and the rest at complete attention. Although they were now focused on the fact that Stark had interrupted the meeting. Stark would be such a good fighter, a good hero, if not for his sarcasm and his large ego. That was the only thing that had stopped Stark from being the leader of the Avengers. Not to say that Captain America was a bad leader. He was very talented. But Stark had the makings of a leader too... if he could get his act together that is.

Fury sighed lightly in an irritated way and then looked to Captain American who held the head phones and phone in his gloved hands. Fury gave a small nod of his head and Captain America flexed and crushed the items he held without much effort. Tony's mouth dropped open for a second in disbelief as he watched both crushed phone and earpieces fall to the ground in a destroyed heep. "Oh that is so not cool." He said and his mouth turned into a hard line of anger. Captain America gave a shrug of broad shoulders and returned to his seat at the head of the table. "That will teach you, will it not?" He asked and cocked an eyebrow at Tony. Tony clenched his fists as a rush of anger welled through him. God if only he could punch that men in the mouth his ruined electronics would be nothing but a thought. He took a step forward as if thinking about leaping across the table that Captin America but then there was a quick loud shift of chairs and the rest of the crime fighters were up and on their feet, looking between Tony and America waiting for one or the other to make the first move.

"That's enough." Fury's annoyed voice said over the loud speaker. The group looked back up at the screen as though they had forgotten that Fury was still there. "I would love to finish what I was saying before everyone starts killing each other, so may I continue?" Fury knew that this group always got a bit heated. There was animosity from Stark directed at America because he had gotten the job as leader and Stark had only gotten second in command. And Captain America was not without his dislike towards Stark and his attitude problems. But this could not be helped. The men and women before him sitting at the table were all loyal, powerful, and smart. They did not get along but they did work well enough together when it counted. Even if Fury had to kick them in the right way in order for it to work. The members of the Avengers sat down once more in their seats and turned their full attention on Fury. Tony did only because he had to.

"Now then... as I was telling everyone else Stark, we have had someone contact S.H.E.I.L.D about a possible attack on the world by a new force. She comes from Thor's celtic roots. Her name is Morrigan, the Phantom Queen. She's a goddess of destruction and death. A war goddess with the powers to shift the weight of war in which ever favor she deems right. According to this unknown source, Morrigan plans on calling a war on Earth and pants to twist the rifts in her favor. We have to find someway to either stop her or change her mind." Fury looked around at the grave thoughful faces in front of him to wait to see what they had to say.

Stark, who was leaned back in his chair with his feet on the table, gave a sigh. "Doesn't this seem usless to you? If she's a war goddess able to twist the ways of war for her favor alone then us fighting her would do nothing but want to test the power she has." Thor, who was sitting across from Stark, banged his closed fist on the table. "See? As I was telling you Fury, there is nothing we can do against her." He seemed firm in his belief that nothing could stop this Morrigan lady and Stark was almost happy to see someone on his side. Natasha however shook her head full of auburn red curls. "No. There had to be something. What could she possibly want with Earht when she could find something more fun to be doing? Starting a war she knows she would win would not be very exciting." Natasha looked to Thor and then to Stark with a look of confidence in her statement. Thor looked down upon the girl in front of him and gave a thoughtful clunk in his chair as he sat back down. "This is true. Morrigan has never been one to randomly start things she knew she would win. In fact, she doesn't start things for no reason. Are you sure the person who told you this didn't mean Maeve or Morgan Le Fey?" Thor asked. Fury shook his head. "The informant said it was Morrigan the Phantom Queen. To have such a unqiue name helped firm our belief that it is indeed her."

There was a long moment of silence within the group as everyone sat back and thought. Stark didn't do much thinking. Why should he? To go after a goddess capable to controling a battles outcome seemed beyond stupid. And a waste of time. Didn't he have a press rally soon? Vanity Fair he thought. Or maybe Maxim. He didn't want to be late to see all those lovely ladies. Although Pepper would probably be mad but thats what she got for setting an ad campain with them... "....Stark and I will go." The mention of his name brought Tony out of his little lady dream bubble and he looked over his shoulder to see Captain America taking charge again like he usually did. "What do you mean, 'Stark and I'?" Tony asked blandly. Captain America made a face at him, knowing that Stark had not heard a word he said. "I said... You, I, and Natasha will go and pay this Morrigan that Phantom Queen a visit just to see if the imformant with truthful." Tony sat up straight, relaxing time over. "Do what? Isn't there someone more qualified than I? Like Thor? He's a god, she's a goddess. Makes sense to me." He said and looked at Thor with a bright smile. Thor shook his head. "I don't trust going... something seems off. I will not anger her."

Tony looked between Thor and Captain America with complete disbelief. "Are you s**t..."

"Good idea, Captain. Get your things together and head for the Bio-Frost." Fury said, cutting off Tony in mid-sentence. "Fury out."

~~~ Morrigan the Phantom Queen ~~~

Panting on the floor of her palace, Morrigan pushed herself off the cold marble floor and turned her dark eyes to see the burnt ruins of her beautiful home. Those bastards. Those Avengers. She had been doing nothing, planning nothing. And yet these stupid humans, both males and that female, thought they could come into her lovely home and attack her, accusing her of threatening Earth. She had much better things to do than to attack a silly planet like Earth. And yet they had come barging into her home, setting her off guard. Accusing her and threatening her with words that meant nothing to her perfect ears. Of course she had gotten angry, she was always a bit of a hot head. But that stupid gold and red robot creature had really set her on a rampage. His sarcasm set her off in a fury and she had made the first move against them. She had only meant to hit the red and gold robot but hit the female instead sending her flying across the room. Apparently the red, white, and blue cowboy hadn't like that. He flung his shield at her and it had caught her right in the chest. Then all hell had broken loose in her home.

Morrigan pushed herself into sitting position and looked at her torn apart house and felt her heart pang with such anger, such poison in her already black heart. Her face hurt, her chest throbbed, everything was sore. It had been a long time since she had been in an actual fight. The adernaline that raced through her was so overwhelming that she had been in a frenzy, fighting the males with all she had. She had even forgotten about the powers of war twisting she had. The males had her captavated. But now looking at her palace in it's ruins she wanted to call back to those men and give them a taste of what it was like to be take over by a goddess, a goddess of war. Oh she would show them... all she needed was a plan.

A hand curled itself over her shoulder and Morrigan hissed and grabbed the hand in an iron grip. "Back for more?!" She shouted and stood, bringing the person up behind her and flipping them over her back and onto the floor. "Morrigan.. please. It's Loki, not an attacker." Morrigan gasped and let go of the hand she held and back up to see Loki laying on the ground where she had flipped him. He was slightly breathless from her attack and Morrigan bowed her head as she stepped away.

"Lord Loki, son of Odin. I apologize." She said and tired to fix her messy black curled hair and ripped clothing. Loki laughed lightly and jumped back to his feet before smoothing down his hair. "It's ok... no harm done." He said and smiled at her as he looked around her home. "What happened here?" He asked her conversationally and Morrigan hissed angrily. "Avengers." She spat. "They came here and ruined everything!" Anger swelled in her again and Loki turned a concerned eye on her. "Oh. That group that is holding my dear brother hostage... tsk tsk.... what were they doing here?" Morrigan gave a nasty laugh. "Ha! I apparently have a beef with Earth. They thought I was going to attack it and so this was the treatment I was given. Well now I will do as they expected!" She cackled loudly and there was a crash of thunder that rang in the air. Loki looked at her seriously. "You want to go after Earth? After the Avengers?" He asked. Morrigan nodded lightly and Loki moved closer to her. Morrigan wanted to take a step back but Loki caught her in his grip and pulled her close. He smelled like earth and rain. Morrigan closed her eyes and took his scent in.

"Morrigan... I have a way for you to get what you want. I will give you your hearts desire and you will owe me one request. I will take me one request from you when I am ready." The whispers were sweet on Morrigan's ears and she felt a cool wave wash over her and the scent of rain filled the room and wind tickled her face. "But Loki... what could you...?" Morrigan opened her eyes and was surprised to see Loki gone from his pace in front of her but in her hands was a small box that shimmered with rainbow white light, casting colorful flashes across the room. The box was no bigger than the palm of her hand. "A Bio-Frost? What could this possibly do for me?" She whispered to herself before a thought ran through her head and the thought mirrored an image on the shimmering box in her hand. Bringing the box closer to her face she could see a man, a handsome man with styled dark hair and perfectly dressed. He was talking to a group of people and she recognized red, white, and blue cowboy quickly. The handsome man was speaking and then suddenly the face of the red and gold robot replaced his. The image changed again to a man lounging in a large red velvet chair with a pipe in his hand, a woman sat next to him reading a newspaper outloud to a man with golden hair and a woman with reddish hair. The man holding the pipe looked so much like....

"Yes, this is it." Morrigan said in a nasty whisper, thoughts raced with no stopping on her head. Her dark eyes suddenly switched to red and then back again. "I have a plan for you Iron Man. You will regret ever messing with the Great Goddess Morrigan."

I shouldn't be alive...unless it was for a reason. I'm not crazy, Pepper.
I just finally know what I have to do. And I know in my heart that it's right.

Fashionable Fairy

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
      User Image

e p p e rxx o t t s

≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡≡

I do anything and everything Mr. Stark requires.
          Including, occasionally, taking out the trash. Will that be all?

If Pepper was ever asked how Tony Stark balanced work at Stark industries and his duties as Iron Man, she would simply state that she would never know the answer to that question because her boss would never be able to balance the two. She practically ran Stark industries to begin with even if she couldn't exactly keep the name as CEO for quite as long as thought. There was something about the title that must have added the stress and frustration to it. It probably was because she'd been stuck in an office instead of being where Tony was, making sure he wasn't breaking something when he was not being Iron Man. He had a knack for doing such. She had a knack for trying to prevent him from doing such or cleaning up after he did such. She could not control what he did as Iron Man, though most of the time she wished she could instead of worrying. All she could really do there was arrange for him to be at press events or important parties or meetings. Things he usually missed because he was doing something with the Avengers to save the world or just missing them because that was what he always had done anyway. It was only when there would be plenty of women and alcohol that it was even seventy percent sure that he'd show up, which was why (much to her regret of having to do so) Pepper had dangled the Vanity Fair press rally in his face, but no. He had been forced (she assumed) to go to only god knows where to just get beat up.

And what was she now doing because of that? Cleaning up his injuries. "Tony," she began with an annoyed tone that had been slowly getting more annoyed with the process as it went on. "Flinching does not make this any easier." She gave him the look before she went back to finishing the cleaning of the cut on his eyebrow. "But you should know that by now." She really did not want to know how he got it, but she did wonder why he did since the suit came with a helmet. The suit that was supposed to be keeping him from injury. Of course she was not dumb to think that he would never get hurt, but this proved probable cause for her worry. In fact, she had said countless times that she indeed knew he could very well kill himself as he almost had numerous times. Yes, she was usually quite proud that he did actually do things to save the Earth and the people on it. She was proud that he had turn at least part of himself around to help innocent people, but she hated that he could die in the process. She had already almost lost him numerous times, why did it start to have to happen on a daily basis?

Now, yes they had both expressed their feelings for each of each other at least a couple times now, but for the most part, the relationship had remained the same professionalism it had been. Tony still flirted with women, but Pepper glared at them a bit more now when she was sure Tony was not looking. They both knew the feelings were there, but where they were at was not completely clear. Maybe they were just afraid to actually change what was already there? Pepper did not know the answer, nor would she ask Tony his answer. Things were just going to be this way for a while. The new schedules of planning in Avenger things hadn't even quite settled yet.

"Listen to her, she has that look on her face," James Rhodes added from the couch that sat a bit away from the chair that Tony was sitting in while Pepper rubbed the alcohol into the various cuts over him. Rhodey had an amused expression on his face as he watched the whole thing. He wasn't quite sure what was so funny about it, but the combination of Pepper getting annoyed while Tony flinched and Tony having such minor injuries that were mostly annoyances, was amusing to Rhodey.

He shook his head before he turned to look out the window for a moment. Well, it could be considered more then a window. It was more of a wall of glass that could hold whatever image you'd want over it all controlled by Jarvis at you command. There was just the natural view outside of the amazing Malibu mansion to be seen as the sky was slowly changing to sunset. Rhodey sat straight because it was just natural now, dressed up in his military uniform for the event he was supposed to attend. Tony was supposed to attend it as well, Pepper to just be naturally going with him as usual. He wished the two of them would just call themselves a couple and get over it at this point. It would just be so much easier. They had kissed, so what more was there to do? They really weren't doing much more then what they normally had always done and it got a bit frustrating. He supposed he just then had more time to bother them.

I quit. I'm resigning. My body literally can't handle the stress.
I don't know when you're going to kill yourself, or mess up the whole company...

jaxnteller's Queen

Beloved Gawker

9,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Tony had his eyes closed and wished that he would just go to sleep, just go to sleep and pretend that he hadn't gotten into trouble with a vengeful war Goddess that had just tried to kill him only a few hours ago. He wanted to pretend that Thor had been the one that got them all in trouble with the Goddess and that he, along with the rest of the Avengers, minus himself, would go and fix the problem and then send for him when the coast was all clear. But no. He was sitting in his favorite comfortable chair, that wasn't as comfortable as he wished it would be, remembering the look on the beautiful Goddess' face when he accused her of going after Earth because she had nothing better to do with her time. But she kind of deserved it, his ego told him, because she had called him a Gold and Red Robot. And plus, hod was he to know that she was vengeful? Though, according to Natasha after she woke up from being knocked out by said vengeful Goddess, he should have known that because she was, in fact, a war Goddess. Whatever.

Tony flinched in his little denial day dream and Pepper's voice aroused him a little from his thoughts. "I can't help but flinch, when you're adding what feels like salt to my wounds." He told her simply before opening his eyes, looking up to see the beautiful face of Miss. Pepper Potts tending to his wounds with a cotton ball full of alcohol, or salt that was liquified, he couldn't tell. Pepper was so good to him, even when he had come falling back from the Bi-Frost and landed in the licing room, once again breaking most of his house and smashing his new piano and couch. He wasn't sure what she had been doing before he had returned form his failed mission but he knew she had been in the living room because her screams of terror had seems oh so close. Or at least from what he could remember of them at the time.

Tony didn't mean to scare her, he really didn't. He didn't mean to put her through wha she had to go through with him but, as he had told her time and time again with actual genuine feeling, that she was really all he had. Sure, he had Rhodey as a friend but he was nothing like sweet always there Pepper. Though Tony would never say that outloud he hoped that she knew just how he felt, even though it wasn't one to really show emotions other than the ones that earned him the name 'Man-Whore'. But that side of him was slowly fading away, even if he didn't want it to or not, even if it slightly unnerved him. that part of him was coming, slowly, to a close because of the sorta-kinda relationship he was developing with Pepper. But that didn't mean he wasn't taking his turns while he still could.

Somewhere in the background, Rhodey's voice came from in the room and Tony sat up a bit more, moving out of Pepper's target range. She'd have to find something else to swab with salt instead of his face. "Oh look who it is." He said blandly even though there was a smile on his face. "Just like you to show up after everything has happened." It was a joke, hopefull Rhodey knew, to get under his skin. Tony didn't mean anything by it. Tony also knew that Rhodey, if he could would have happily come along with them to Asgard to check out Morrigan but Tony had had no chance to ask, just like he had had no chance to tell Fury this was one mission he hadn't wanted in the first place. Rhodey did have an awfully amused look on his face and Tony knew why it was there so he deserved a few jabs at his friend for taking humor in his pain.

Fashionable Fairy

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
      User Image

e p p e rxx o t t s

Pepper blinked at him a couple times upon hearing his sarcastic remark. Did she enjoy having to do this? No. Did she really feel like having to sit around for him to show up for a press event that he would really have liked to be at only to have been scared out of her wits as he dropped into the living room, breaking part of his house and piano once again? No. Would she let anyone else do those things in her place, however? No. She went through all of this because she cared about him and would not let anyone else take her place. It had been hard to become the CEO for that reason above all, but she had decided on letting it be said stress had caused her near-meltdown about being the CEO.

"It is better this then the pain you could feel if these wounds got infected," she said, a little smile returning to her face. It wasn't that she was not annoyed anymore, but she like to see that his eyes opened. God forbid that the wounds did get infected, though. That was why she was so quick to fix them up. "The hospital would have to fix them then and I am quite sure you prefer this." She gave him another little smile before he sat forward to talk with Rhodey even though she was not completely done with his face, but fine, she could work on a couple cuts on his arm. He was not getting out of the little sting of the alcohol.

Rhodey chuckled a little at his friend's statement. "Look who's talking to who about showing up after something has happened," he said with a smirk. It was no secret that Tony rarely showed up on time if at all to things. He knew of course his friend was joking, but he was also joking as well. It was what friends were for, spitting sarcastic jokes back at each other. "I am sorry I had to miss it, though because I do love ending up with nearly twenty different cuts and bruises." He chuckled again before he looked over to the destroyed part of the living room. "I see you have decided to re-model once again." He looked back to Tony, the grin-smirk still on his face.

I don't know when you're going to kill yourself, or mess up the whole company...

jaxnteller's Queen

Beloved Gawker

9,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

There was a funny little thought that ran through Tony's head when Pepper said something about if his wounds go infected and he would have to go to the hospital. Wouldn't that just make his day perfect after getting his a** handed to him? It was like whipped cream on an old lemon. "Oh that would be perfect. I have to say that if my wounds get infected after your putting salt on them then as soon as the doctors asked me 'So what happened' I will blame the whole situation on you." He said and gave a happily little cackle of a laugh and this hissed when his ribs gave him a nasty pain over most of his torso. His hand came down to his side and gave a light push. Bruised. Not broken. Well that made him feel better.

Looking back to Rhodey he then turned his attention to the sudden addition to his expensive home. There was a giant hole in his roof, so large that he could see a good part of the bright happy blue sky through the plaster. Under the rubble of his roof, there was his new... newly broken piano covered with the white plaster while the piano looked like a broken carcass laid waste by some hungry animals. At that thought, Tony cringled. He must have really hit the piano good for it too look like a dead animal carcass.

Turning away with slight disgust at his own thoughts, he looked to Rhodey and gave a heavy sigh. "I think I may put something there that will open before I impact into it. With a sensor so when it sees me coming it'll open so at least only the piano will get hit.... or maybe I'll just move the piano... or maybe I'll just find a better way to fall." Shaking his head at his own distain, Tony gave an unhappy grunt and leaned back again in his chair. "So besides my many cuts and broken roofs, what's on schedule for today?" He asked, the question aimed at both Rhodey and Pepper. Mostly at Pepper because she handled his booking.

Fashionable Fairy

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
      User Image

e p p e rxx o t t s

Blaming her for preventing his wounds from getting infected. Tony really knew rub his own dose of salt in places that truly annoyed Pepper. "This is alcohol, not salt, you won't have to worry," she said simply before pausing in her quest of cleaning out the wounds. She did not like the sound of the his, nor did she like how he'd grabbed his side, but she relaxed a bit when he seemed unworried. Maybe she should have insisted that he'd gone to the hospital after all since he was noticing more and more things wrong it seemed. She sighed after a moment before she went over to her purse and grabbed out her bottle of Tylenol before heading off to the kitchen to get Tony a glass of water.

Rhodey looked back to the hole in the ceiling, then the destroyed piano. "Yes, doing one of those things would be a good idea," he said, looking back to Tony, then Pepper who had returned with a glass of water and got out two pain killers for the injured Stark. "All three would be preferred," she added, glancing to the ruined ceiling and piano. The piano had been a perfectly beautiful one before it became the mangled mess it now was. The house had been beat up so many times she had stopped counting, but she had not stopped counting how many times Tony had now been hurt. That was something that was coming natural now in an odd way.

When asked if there was anything scheduled for Tony, she thought for a second to make sure she had everything in her head before she spoke. "Besides the vanity Fair press event you missed, just the formal science gathering I have mentioned at least five times to you," she answered before going back to cleaning up the cuts now that Tony had the pain killer in hand, finishing after a couple more minutes.

jaxnteller's Queen

Beloved Gawker

9,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Tony looked back up at the ruined roof and thought about maybe a sun light that opened and closed when he wanted it to. Like a garage door opener except in the ceiling. That seemed like a good idea. Make it motion sensored and move the piano out of the way and he was sure that he'd go right through the hole when it opened for him and down into his work shop, leaving a hole in his livingroom so that he could see down into his shop. Putting an opening roof in that would not do either. Then people could see down into his work shop and see what he was doing. Yes, he could make it a one way window but it seemed tacky to put a giant black hole in his livingroom. And what would happen if he never even used the sun roof and black hole? Then they would be there for no reason and he'd have to think of something new.

Pepper returning with a bottle of painkillers brought Tony out of his working mind and he held out his hand like a small child as she dumped two pills in his hand. Oh no. Leaning forward, he took the bottle from her hand before she could put it back from where ever she got it and popped another little pill into his hand. "Oh I know I'm miss that Vanity Fair piece... now that girl... that one lady... whatshername, is going to come after me like she likes to do." He paused for a moment to take his pills, swallowing them down with a mouth full of water that he wished was vodka. "Not that I mind it, but still." Setting down his glass of water, he turned, what he called, a thank you smile to Pepper for the medicene before looking to Rhodey and settling in his chair, hands resting crossed on his chest. "So is that why you're here or did you come to see what damage I did to my home?" He asked playfully.

Fashionable Fairy

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
      User Image

e p p e rxx o t t s

Pepper took in a deep breath and rolled her eyes as the third pill was shaken out of the bottle. She should have guessed the correct dosage was not going to be taken, but she let it go since her mind went to the particular reporter Tony was talking about. Christine Everhart. The very woman she'd spoken with after Tony had allowed her to "interview" him. The very woman that just continued to pop up in annoying ways. She had no clue why, it was probably because she thought she could get another "interview" with Tony. Pepper was completely fine with arranging some actual interview that could improve the look the world had on Tony, but the "interview" Christine was probably looking for set her teeth on edge. She really did not want to have to take that trash out again. She technically didn't want to take any trash out again, but she was sure she would have to at least one more time to come. She just wouldn't like it, not that she'd ever liked it, she just would be sure to not be quite as pleasant sounding as she usually was towards the women.

Rhodey watched Pepper put the medication back in her purse. He saw the look on her face she'd had at the mention of the woman Tony was talking about. Maybe Rhodey would have to take the initiative to push the two together. Not now, of course, it would just be a bit out of place, but he would eventually if the two wouldn't get together. He instead looked to Tony at the question. "A little of both," he answered with a shrug. "Pepper had mentioned that the science thing whatever it is was probably going to be a bit boring for you, so I figured I would see if you thought so as well." He shrugged again. "Maybe some evil mad scientist will threaten all of humanity there and given how run-down you look, you might need back-up." The last statement was meant more as a joke if anything.

jaxnteller's Queen

Beloved Gawker

9,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Tony didn't even notice the look that Pepper had on her face when she put the painkillers back inside her purse. He had heard her inhale deeply when he had taken a thrid pill from the bottle but he knew that two was just not going to cut it for bruised ribs, cut up face and where ever else he was cut up at, and also a slight limp in his walk. That he could fix through, the more he walked the better it would get so he didn't worry about that. "Evil mad scientist huh? We could only hope." He replied to Rhodey's explaination to why he was going with him. Not like he cared what the reason was, he was just glad Rhodey as going with him in general. Evn if nothing out of the ordinary or exciting happened. At least he could stick with Rhodey and have less of a reason to talk to anyone else.

"If there is a mad scientist I'll let you take over while I go.... Pepper, where is this being held? More to the point, is there a casino I can go to if Rhodey must defend this country." There was a bright and happy smile on his face when he asked the question. Mostly he wnated to do so he could do a get in and get out picture pose before running to the near by casino to go and spend an actual good time. He'd drag Rhodey along with him too. The man deserved to loosen up sometimes no matter how bad he liked to pretend up-tight was his way. At his question there was a sound of a door and heels on marble. 'Sir, Miss. Natasha to see you.' The eletronic voice of Jarivs came on to warn him of his new company just as Matasha came walking into the room.

Natasha was wearing a high black pencil skirt with a short sleeved silk off white shirt. She looked good, high end as always. Though what completed her outfit was the large purple and black bruise from where Morrigan had hit her, hidden behind her thick curly bangs. Tony tried not to laugh because he knew it woulds be in bad taste but he couldn't help but smile. "Well, it's good to see you.... purple is your color." He couldn't help it. The joke slipped out before he could stop it. Nastasha gave him a dirty look, glad she no longer had to put up with his attitude like she had when Pepper had no idea who she was and what was going on. Now she was just watching Tony, although to outsiders she was Pepper's helper. "You're a horrible person." She snapped at him before turning her full attention to Pepper. "Happy's out front with the car. He's ready whenever you are."

Fashionable Fairy

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
      User Image

e p p e rxx o t t s

Pepper smirked a bit, thinking about an evil mad scientist threatening the event. It seemed a bit far-fetched. It was the only reason she looked amused about the thought. If it had sounded like some serious bad guy they could face at the event, she would not have let the humor fill her. This person, however, sounded like a villain from Saturday cartoons, just the joke it was meant to be. "I really do not think you are quite that lucky," she said as more of a thought out loud in sarcasm. She was sure Evil Mad Scientist Man would be a walk in the park after whatever Tony had dealt with earlier.

She then donned a more straight face at Tony's question over the location and if a casino will be around. "A hotel event hall in Thousand Oaks, no casinos close at all, I checked," she said, knowing Tony would not like hearing this. She was quite sure he would not like going to this thing at all. It would be rather boring for him possibly. She somewhat hated doing this to him, but she'd called Rhodey to help. "Besides, I am most sure Rhodey said he would be your back-up, not doing your work for you." She raised an eyebrow to Tony before she looked up when Jarvis announced the arrival of Natasha. She was dressed nice, but of course Tony had to mention the barely visible bruise when it was hidden behind the woman's hair.

"It really is not that noticeable," Rhodey said with a smile to Natasha after Tony's comment. He found it funny how the man had gone from basically drooling over the girl and now he felt like making snippy-snide comments. The man deserved the comment just a little, though he might not have gone so far as to say horrible.

Once Natasha had asked Pepper the question, she glanced down at her simple dark green cocktail dress, smoothed it before she nodded. "Once he is ready," she said, looking over to Tony. The event really was not super formal, but formal all the same. She just had to make sure her boss was ready to go since she already knew Rhodey was.

jaxnteller's Queen

Beloved Gawker

9,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Tony frowned deeply when Pepper told him that there were no casinos near by. That was not when he wanted to hear, although Pepper looked ok with it as did Rhodey and Natasha. But Natasha didn't count now did she? Not anymore she didn't. "Well I'm sure that if theres alcohol then I can get a few labbies drunk and see if their big brains can help them in some friendly poker." He said and a smirk returned to his face. Natasha scoffed at his words but he ignored her easily, plus Rhodey caught her attention with his nice comment about the very noticable bruise on her forehead. But whatever. Someone had to be nice ot her, right?

When Pepper looked down at the very pretty figure friendly dress she had on, Tony looked down at himself with a cocked eyebrow. Black comfortable slacks and a white long sleeve button up. Yeah that would do. He really didn't feel like changing, it required too much movement on his part and to stretch to take off and put on shirts would irritate his already irritated ribcage. But then again if Pepper didn't agree with what he was wearing then he would allow her to change him. Which would be an interesting encounter to say the least. But that was only thoughtful thinking because there was no way Pepper would ever do that for him... maybe.

Grunting, Tony ran a hand through his hair to make it stylishly messy before hopping out of his chair and rubbing his hands over his face. "Ok. I'm good." He said and then looked to Pepper, to Rhodey, and then to Natasha. "Alright. Good to go." He said and started walking towards the door. "Jarvis, make sure you shut down the house till I get home." He told his home running computer. "Yes sir. Have a good time at the party sir." Tony smiled wickedly and grabbed some sunglasses from his coffee table and put them on. "Oh... I will."

~~~

Tony and his gang of followers, or what he called his followers, drove up to the entrance of the Science Convention and Tony noticed just how many people had come to this event, just to snap a picture of someone famous. As Happy pulled the car up and put it in park for his passengers to exit, Tony wished he would have just stayed home, knowing this was going to be a long night of flashing cameras. "Alright... this looked like amazing fun. A hord of flashing lights and then snotty rich people... great... three, two..." Tony counted down to his exit of the car and when he hit one he pulled the handle on the door and stepped out. Almost instantly people, women mostly, stared to scream his name or just scream incohirently, as he was use to. He gave a friendly wave and that sent people into a photo taking frenzy that nearly blinded him as he headed up the red carpet walk to the main building.

Fashionable Fairy

7,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
      User Image

e p p e rxx o t t s

Pepper rolled her eyes instead of saying something sarcastic back to Tony about his comment as his alternative to not having a casino. She was not looking forward to having to watch Tony and the alcohol, but what else was he really going to do. There wasn't a casino that he could go to, not that that was much better. There was probably going to be less girls, but then again that sounded good to Pepper too. She liked Tony usually not doing those three things that he so enjoyed. Okay, she could admit if he did not drink too much or spend the whole time at the casino, she would have been okay enough so long as she did not have to deal with looking at the woman bowing at his feet.

Her eyes watched him as he looked over his attire, not what she would have picked for him to wear, but she knew exactly what his response would have been had she advised him to change. Besides, she couldn't very well make him do anything he didn't want to do, nor would she as beat up as he was. She was just going to get over it and nodded as he said he was ready and said goodbye to Jarvis. She followed after him before being followed by Natasha and then Rhodey.

---

Pepper had spent the ride doing busy-work with her phone. She was more so doing so because she was always usually doing something with it. she had ordered Tony a new phone earlier since the other had been smashed by Captain America. Yes, she had a feeling Tony had asked for that one, but his suffering without Space Invaders was not going to be needed. She had been, in her more childish side that was never usually shown, silently rooting for him to beat the high score since it would make him happy.

Rhodey looked out the window as Tony made the comment. "Try not to sound too excited," he said, chuckling a little. To be honest, he really was not looking forward to this himself. He was almost hoping Tony would set up that poker game he had talked about back at the house before leaving. It would be much better then talking with snotty rich people as Tony had called them. There was a bit of irony in that statement since Tony was richer then most of the people he'd referred to, but he probably would not be considered as snotty. Maybe a bit head-strong, sarcastic, free-willed, somewhat self-centered (though that was changing a bit), but not snotty really. Rhodey actually enjoyed talking to Tony because he was nicer then most people liked to believe or think.

Pepper got out after Tony, moving quickly so she could keep a bit of an eye on him for at least a couple minutes. Rhodey got out after Natasha as they both followed after Pepper and tony to the building.

jaxnteller's Queen

Beloved Gawker

9,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image

Tony gave something that resembled a snort when Rhodey said something about trying not to sound so excited. That was right. He was not going to try and sound excited at all. This place was nothing to be excited about thanks to the fact of the snapping cameras in his face and the 'ooh'ing and 'aw'ing of the women crowd. Not that he didn't like that. He loved it actually but he was much happier once he was inside the main building of the science fair... thing. The room was dark besides a few bright multicolored lights coming from the ceiling that illuminated science projects for the room to see. But Tony didn't see that. All he saw the the brightly lit bar on the opposite side of the room and a lonly bartender just waiting to be hit up.

He was about to make way that way when Natasha took his arm and pulled him back on the leash. "Where do you think you're going?" She asked, a eyebrow cocked at him and her free hand on her hip. Tony looked back at the bar and then back to Natasha. "Over there where the bar is." He told her and went to pull away but she pulled him back. "Do you know why you're here?" Tony loked at her with his jaw slightly slack. No. He honestly didn't know why he was here. Apparently his face was answer enough but Natasha sighed and shook her head. "Theres a judging contest today and you're one of the judges." She said plainly and Tony looked a bit confused for a moment but then recovered and smiled. "A perfect reason to get drunk first!" He exclamed before trying to head to the bar again but Natasha shook her head. "Judging first, drinking later."

Tony, looking slightly sad that he could not get a drink first, looked to Pepper for help. Surely she would help him escape the man ladies grasp. He only wanted one... two... four drinks. He wasn't good in a crowd without a few shots under his belt. Or so he would like to think. This was not what he came here for. He thought he was here to be seen and that was it. Not judge things that could not stand up to whatever he could think of in his daydreams.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff