x

User Image User Image

ARIANNA LIV MOORE THE SEDUCTIVE PROFESSIONAL DANCER

T h exxB a s i c sxx F o r xx T o d a y ::

xx Today is the day! . . . Thoughts
      xx Don't hyperventilate. You got this! . . . Thoughts
      xx First Dance Outfit . . . Thoughts
      xx Wicked Game by Chris Isaak . . . Thoughts

Arianna was pacing around backstage going back through the dance movements in her head. Gavin, her dance partner was near her also looking deep in thought. Arianna wasn't suppose to dance this in all actuality, her other dancer Lucy was suppose to, but Lucy caught the stomach bug. Arianna was the only person who could dance this piece though since she was the one who choreographed it with Gavin and Lucy. This was Arianna's first time showing her choreography skills to the public for their "out of the box" dance recital. This recital was where the dancers forgot everything about ballet and immersed themselves in contemporary, jazz, hip hop, and etc. Arianna was flexing her bare feet admiring the jewlery on them when she felt a hand on her shoulder. It was Gavin. "Ready?" With a deep breath Ari nodded and replied with a yes.

The lights were dimmed and Arianna and Gavin were getting in position as their director, Harold introduced this dance. This was dance #5 in the program. As Arianna stood and breathed she listened to Harold's New York accent, "I am now proud to introduce to everyone two of our top dancers and one of them it is her first choreographed piece for this company. Here ladies and gentlemen are Arianna Moore and Gavin Lock!" With that Harold left the stage and the lights slightly came up and the dance began.

With ease Arianna moved with Gavin. She had practiced this dance too many times to forget. She originally told Gavin and Lucy that she wanted it to be quote, "like sex on the dance floor." The jumps were beautiful and Arianna couldn't hear anything but her breathing and Gavin's. As the dance came to an end and she was on her back the loud thunder of applause brought tears to her eyes that Gavin wiped away. As they stood and bowed Arianna scanned the crowd and to her shock she did see Anthony Deluca and her parents. However, right now she had to dance, not worry about family issues.

Quotable Conversationalist

7,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

User ImageUser Image

TAKEN WITH THOUGHT, STILL PRONE TO CARE
          outfit | theme | profile

Gritting his teeth, Anthony spoke in a hushed whisper in the quiet of lobby, though he could hear the music in the theatre. ”I don’t want to hear from you again until you have that contract,” he asserted, with a tone of annoyance that seemed ill-at-home in his voice. ”That’s what I like to hear, Nick – I know you won’t disappoint me.” Anthony ended the call, and for a moment missed the cathartic snap from the closing of flip phones. He massaged his temples lightly, taking in a deep breath to better ready himself to go back in.

It wasn’t uncommon for Anthony to attend these sorts of events – he enjoyed the culture, and the reputation he had accumulated as someone of finer tastes. More than that, he was here because he had been invited by the wife of one of his competitors. She was an idealist, unrealistic in her belief that the two men could ever put aside their differences so long as they worked in the same industry. But their disagreements stemmed from more from their own loyalties. Anthony’s business practices, the ones he had learned from his father, had a tendency to leave a bad taste in the mouths of his agents. But he did what was necessary, and that was why he had succeeded.

Anthony slipped through the door and closed it quietly behind him, just as Arianna was going on stage. A charming smile made its way onto his face, and once he was back in his seat, dropping his phone back into the pocket of his suit jacket, he glanced over at Arianna’s mother and smiled. He was perfectly aware of her husband’s displeasure at his presence, there, and that was only part of the fun. But the Moore family was giving him more credit than he deserved. He had a plan afoot to crush his competitor, and for insurance, he was collecting information.

Tony looked up just as the song was finishing, as the swell of applause rose to its crescendo. He had to give the old man credit: he made beautiful kids. Arianna was the image of grace, as expected of a dancer – her father must have been proud.
User Image

xx Dance Outfit and Look . . . Thoughts
      xx Fix You by Coldplay . . . Thoughts

Majority of Arianna's dances were after the intermission so during the first half of the dance Arianna practiced and got ready for her second dance. The first half was dedicated to new dancers and new choreographers. The second half was dedicated to the better dancers and group dances. It sounded harsh, but you had to keep the people around to look forward to something. Two dances after the dance with Gavin, Ari gave two of her younger dancers a pep talk. Her and a fellow dancer, Adelyn, choreographed that dance piece. Laura and Nate did perfect and her and Adelyn celebrated with a sip of champagne, but only a small sip. Still one thing weighed on her mind. Anthony Deluca. That man was something else, well at least according to her father.

At intermission Arianna went out to a small corridor where she found her parents and her dad swooped her up into a hug whispering, "I'm so proud of you Ari." Arianna felt her mom join the hug and her mom whispered, "Your dancing made your dad and I cry." Ari felt her eyes gloss over and her mother saw the possible tears and quickly fanning Arianna's face. "Oh lord, we don't want runny makeup," her mother joked. Again her dad picked her up in a hug. "Might I add that you look very beautiful now my dear," he said as he let her down. Arianna looked down at the pink dress and smiled. She then twirled for her dad. "It's nice and light to dance in. Ben and I actually like this piece and we are doing another piece later tonight,"

The trio bantered for a bit until Arianna excused herself saying that she needed to look for Ben. Really she was looking for Anthony. She couldn't believe he showed up and a fight hasn't ensued. With that Arianna began walking around keeping the time in mind.

7,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

User ImageUser Image

outfit | theme | profile

During the intermission, some of the dancers were back on the floor, talking to families or fans. Anthony wandered the crowd, greeting some of the attendees that he knew – or that knew him, but drifted not too far from Mr. Moore, quietly observing. But he was preoccupied. Although months overdue, his wife had finally served him divorce papers, but refused to meet with him or discuss the separation. She had left him almost six months ago, and though Anthony had managed to put the lid on the situation, there were undoubtedly whispers regarding what might cause a woman to refuse a father any custody to his daughter. Even now that they were ending their marriage, his wife was asking for nothing but an end to all contact.

Anthony looked up from his phone, which he had been absently scrolling through – not really reading—and could see Moore’s kid, Arianna, cutting through the crowd toward him, with purpose. He locked his phone and pocketed it, extending a hand toward the girl with his typical, charming smile. ”An amazing performance, Ms. Moore. And if you don’t mind my saying, you look lovely.” Fraternizing with the enemy. He already has his suspicions that any attention from him would be, at least outwardly, unwelcome – and certainly from her father.
User Image

xx Dance Outfit and Look . . . Thoughts
      xx Fix You by Coldplay . . . Thoughts

Arianna raised an eyebrow and shook his hand, "Well thank you Mr. Deluca." She looked over her shoulder at her father and saw that he was engaged in talking with her mother and her mother looked her way and smiled. With that she smiled back at her mom and turned to look at Anthony. "I'm honestly surprised you have shown up," Arianna said as she put her hands on her hips. "I hope my mother didn't hustle you into coming," she chuckled. "The Swedish can be quite stubborn." Arianna understood that it was a bit of a risk for Anthony to show up in public. For one he had her father to worry about and he also had individuals who had it out for him. If anyone had read the newspaper they would know everything about Anthony Deluca. Even though Arianna's father hated this man Ari couldn't bring herself to. She didn't know him well enough, but she did hate how he affected him over the years.

Arianna heard her name being called and realized that intermission was over, "It was a pleasure to finally meet you Mr. Deluca. I do hope you stick around for the rest of the show." Arianna turned to go towards the stage, but she turned around and faced the man again, "I might be nice to you, but in no way does my family appreciate your actions towards my father." Arianna tapped her temple, "Keep that in mind." With that Ari left Deluca.

Arianna arrived back with the rest of the dancers and her and Ben did their ritual high-five before going on stage. They were the first dance act of the second half of the show. Agian, as the music began Ari felt the adrenaline move through her veins and she began to dance. This dance was much more energetic and when the music ended Ari and Ben smiled at each other in satisfaction. Tonight was going well. Quickly Ari had to change because she had dances almost back to back. Her and nine other of the top girls danced together and two dances later Arianna was back on stage dancing. This was one hell of a dance recital.

7,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

User ImageUser Image

outfit | theme | profile

Arianna seemed to eye him suspiciously, but he took no offense. He was used to it. He also noticed that her attention seemed to be split, and when she glanced back, he knew without looking that she was ensuring that her father was engaged elsewhere. He must have been, because she continued to speak to him. She was surprised he had shown up, she assured him, and hoped that her mother hadn’t hustled him into it. ”It was my pleasure.” He assured her simply, and chuckled when she added that the Swedish could be stubborn. ”Your mother’s a dear.” He replied simply – a statement which, in his voice, had a tendency to sound like a threat.

People were taking their seats again, as the lights dimmed, and Arianna seemed to suddenly stand straight – she had come to him to say something in particular. It was a pleasure to meet him, and she hoped he stuck around. Honestly, that wasn’t what he had expected. ”I intend to,” he assured her, and watched a little ways as she turned to leave. But she seemed to change her mind, and returned with a little venom. That same smile never left his face, and if he had been at all surprised by her, he hid it well, but didn’t respond.

Tony had certainly earned the ire of this family, and his father had done the same before. They’d been phasing Mister Moore’s company out of the industry for years, but it was a process – buying out their contracts with suppliers, and offering cheaper alternatives to distributors. Paolo had taught him well, and Anthony’s business savviness was not at all benefiting the family. But Arianna’s venom had seemed to be out of familial loyalty, not personal distaste. It worked in his favor.

Tony tended to treat his relations with others like a game of chess, and he was a master at it. He took his seat and sat through the next several dances before the recital seemed to end. Much of the crowd piled out of the door, but Anthony lingered a moment to approach the Moore family before Arianna returned from backstage. ”You have a lovely daughter, Mr. Moore, you must be very proud.” The pair shook hands, and there was nothing threatening in Anthony’s stance or tone, but Moore seemed to stiffen slightly. His presence was clearly unwanted, and any interest in his daughter would be met with resistance. Good. With that, Anthony stepped out of the theatre, and headed for a nearby lounge for a drink.
User Image

xx Done with that. . . . Thoughts
      xx Was I too rude to him? . . . Thoughts
      xx Outfit . . . Thoughts
      xx In the End - Linkin Park . . . Thoughts

Arianna was in three other dances and with that her night came to a close. Again, another year of success. However, that joy that Arianna was feeling soon faded when she found her parents and her dad looked red in the face. "Daddy?" Ari looked at her mom whose face was as hard as stone, "Mama?" Neither one of her parents said a word, but Arianna had a hunch, "Is this all about Deluca showing up because mom invited him?" Her father nodded briefly and Arianna clenched her jaw. "Are you serious? Can you not enjoy the night and another step forward in my career? My career?!" Her father's face didn't change and that was the last straw for Arianna. "I'll call you two tomorrow," with that she hurried off hearing her mom call out her name.

Arianna walked down the street some way trying not to scream with frustration. No one seemed to take notice that the dance to the song Wicked Game was about her relationship with Ford. She poured her heart out in that dance and actually cried several times while working on it. It was a way for her to heal though. It was moments like these when Arianna really wanted a shot. However, she restrained and went inside the lounge where she saw Adelyn. Adelyn's eyes were elsewhere though. Arianna followed her friends gaze and saw that it landed on none other than Anthony Deluca. "Are you shitting me right now?"

7,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

User ImageUser Image

outfit | theme | profile

Anthony finished his second drink, ignoring the gaze of a young lady down the bar who’d been shooting looks his way. She wasn’t his type – classless, wearing cheaply made and poorly maintained clothing that spoke to her lack of style. She reminded him vaguely of what his wife had been, when he’d first met her. Cheap and oblivious. But fresh-faced, and still angry at his father, he’d thought she was charming. Or maybe he was just fulfilling his childish dreams of rebellion. With Paolo’s death, though, the shine came off the apple. Sarah didn’t interest him, or challenge him anymore. She got in the way, when he took over the business, was she was perpetually trying to push guilt onto him.

That, and as time went by, Anthony realized how much he missed courting. He was too good at it, to stay out of the game. ”Drinking alone, Mister Deluca?” The bartender, a cynical young lady who would’ve been especially pretty, if the stress didn’t show under her eyes and in her wry, wary sense of humor. Anthony offered her a smile as she poured him a shot and pushed it across the bar, her gaze pointedly moving briefly toward the back of the room. ”I’m not judging, just saying – it looks like you don’t have to.”

For a moment, Anthony looked at her quizzically before she gestured more emphatically, and he turned to see Arianna, in yet another outfit, a ways back with another young woman. Seemingly oblivious to whatever troubled her, he offered her a little wave in acknowledgement before he picked up his next drink, a shot, and downed it. With a light chuckle, he commented jokingly to the bartender, ”I think she likes me.”
User Image

xx Done with that. . . . Thoughts
      xx Really he is here? . . . Thoughts
      xx Outfit . . . Thoughts
      xx Bang Bang - Nancy Sinatra . . . Thoughts

Arianna saw Anthony give her a small wave and she lightly smiled back and when his attention was back at the bar she faced Adelyn. "Really Addie?" She said as she sat down next her friend. "Yes really," Adelyn replied with a chuckle. "He is a catch Ari." Arianna took Adelyn's glass and took a sip of her coke and rum, "Not in my families eyes." With a sigh she gave Adelyn back her drink. "I saw your parents after the show," Adelyn said with caution. "Yep. So did I," Arianna replied popping her p in yep. "They are currently fighting once again because my mom invited Deluca to the dance recital." Adelyn gave her a sympathetic smile before offering her a sip of her drink again.

Arianna remained sober and so did Adelyn, but not everybody else in the lounge did. So for a while her and Adelyn were people watching and laughing at others drink antics. A few people made the girls laugh so hard that their eyes watered. At one point Arianna got up to stretch and Adelyn pointed at her hip where her tattoo of Ford's name was peeping out, "I've been meaning to ask you what the rest of the tattoo is." Arianna looked down and it in fact was beginning to show. "Oh! It says his name. Ford Jameson Elson. My Wonderwall and the date of his death," she said with a shrug. "Harold gave me some s**t over it. but it was something that I really wanted."

Adelyn was looking at her and Arianna was becoming uncomfortable. "You still haven't fully healed from his passing have you?" Ari looked at her friend and then back down, "Does it matter now?" Adelyn almost screeched a yes and then to Arianna's horror she yelled out, "Deluca, take this girl on a date!" Arianna was very close to strangling Adelyn.

7,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

User ImageUser Image

outfit | theme | profile

Anthony was chatting with the bartender, who was fiercely ignoring a particularly classless couple at the end of the bar. It seemed he knew everyone in the city – something strange for his profession, but he enjoyed the limelight that his money provided. And he had his reputation alongside his looks to make himself something of a celebrity in the city – a feat that was made surprisingly easy, when the rumors that had surrounded his father were considered.

After his wave, which Arianna had not exactly been receptive to, Anthony had put the two girls out of his mind – that was, until he heard his name called out by one of them. ”Deluca, take this girl on a date!” The bartender laughed audibly behind her hand, while Anthony turned to looked. Sure enough, it was one of the girls from the dance recital and Arianna. Surely, the girl was making some point, or otherwise pulling a cruel prank and Anthony was determined not to follow it up.

Until the young lady at his side prodded him lightly, pouring something for someone who had walked up to the bar. ”Drink for courage?” She teased, and passed the drink across the counter before gesturing down at Tony’s. He downed the last of it, and got to his feet before walking over to the pair of ladies, cool and collected.
          ”You called?” He asked, with a teasing little grin.
User Image

xx What does she think she is doing? . . . Thoughts
      xx F Bomb! . . . Thoughts
      xx Outfit . . . Thoughts

Arianna was growling at Adelyn as Anthony came their way. "She called," Arianna answered pointing to Adelyn when Anthony asked who called for him. "What?!" Adelyn asked. "It is true Ari," Adelyn said with a sad frown. Arianna looked at Adelyn and then at Anthony lost at what to say. Adelyn saw her struggle with this and grabbed Anthony and took him a bit away from where she was sitting. Arianna could hear her talking, but it was okay. A lot of people knew the story, maybe even better than she did at this point.

"I don't know how well you know Arianna or her family, but that girl is lonely. She lost her boyfriend last year," Arianna could hear Adelyn say. "They were together for four years and even though he was in the Army they made it work. His death tore her apart though. He died overseas right before he was planning on proposing to her," Arianna dabbed her eyes as she continued to listen. "She hasn't been on a date in over a year and she needs somebody to have fun with. She is 23 for God's sake." After a pause Adelyn added, "Who do you think her dance Wicked Game was about?"

Arianna looked down at her hands and rubbed her hip bone where Ford's tattoo was. Was it not okay for her to just live her life and to attempt to move on. Granted, she was moving at a very slow pace, but it was progress. Yes, some days were lonely,but did she really look that miserable in the eyes of others?

7,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

User ImageUser Image

outfit | theme | profile

The girls were playing Grade School Crush, and Anthony was quickly getting bored of the game. When he approached, one of the girls – the one that wasn’t Arianna – said that she had called, while Arianna looked mortified, or giggled behind her hand, or whatever it was the grade school girls did. Anthony was just about to turn his tail with nary more than a roll of his eyes before the other girl pulled him by the arm a little ways away.

Story time. So, the girl was apparently heartbroken and longing for a boyfriend that had died four years ago. Four years was not a long time. It was about the amount of time that had passed since he’d last seen his daughter. Anthony cocked an eyebrow, unimpressed, but glanced back at Arianna, just as she was catching a tear from her eye. ”And she didn’t see fit to tell me her life story herself?” So, they’d gone from grade school to high school – Anthony had very little sympathy for sob stories, especially when they were told in a “well, I bet you didn’t know” sort of way by a “concerned friend.” It was disingenuous and uninteresting. Anthony found himself disappointed, this pursuit was already proving unworthy of his time or effort, opponent’s daughter or not.

”Let her know that when she’s ready to quit flirting through pity, I’ll be around.” Anthony told the girl with a certain air of solemn disappointment that was very evident in his voice. He nodded in his typical gentlemanly sort of way, acknowledging the end of the conversation. ”If you’ll excuse me,” he didn’t see a need to finish the thought, but instead let that stand in before he disappeared back into the crowd. He ordered another drink from the bartender, and found a nice place to speak to some acquaintances.
User Image

xx What does she think she is doing? . . . Thoughts
      xx F Bomb! . . . Thoughts
      xx Outfit . . . Thoughts

If jaws could hit the floor Arianna's would have. Never in her life had she heard such a remark from an individual. She never asked him to pity her and as Adelyn came over to sit she looked just as shocked. "He is an a*****e Arianna. I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have done anything," Adelyn would have continued but Ari put her hand up. Arianna had always praised herself for being mentally strong, but this situation tore at her heart strings and now all she wanted was Ford.

"Let's just go," Adelyn said while getting up her jaw twitching. Arianna brushed her fingers under her eyes to keep the moisture from cascading down her face. Right now the last person she wanted to see her cry was Deluca. He was a cruel man and Arianna had finally learned why her father hated him. Oh...there is an idea. Arianna could tell her dad the story strait up and her father would go nuclear. From their the press would go crazy. "Deluca Resorts to Hurting Competitors Daughter" or even better "Deluca Hurts Competitors Daughter, Others Wonder How He Treated His Own Daughter." Oh, Arianna could see it now! Now a little happier with life Arianna got up and followed Adelyn.

Arianna and Adelyn then went to a club two blocks away and Arianna allowed herself to drink. Even though the medicine bottle told her that tonight she didn't give a damn. She had a broken heart and spirit and damn it if she wasn't going to drown that it vodka! Somewhere along the drinking and dancing Arianna lost Adelyn and she was tipsy. Along with being tipsy she was back at being pissed at Deluca. The f-bomb and other choice words were not enough to have one understand how mad she was, so being the stubborn dancer she was, she decided to find Deluca.

Arianna stumbled into a few bars before looking in and seeing Deluca at the place her and Adelyn were hours ago. His words rang through her head and Ari found herself clinching and unflinching her fists. There are not many times she remembers getting this mad. Without thinking Arianna opened up the door and marched to Deluca's back and grabbed the back of his chair and leaned in to his ear. "You know, I didn't understand why my dad hated you, but now I have a pretty good ******** idea why," with that Arianna felt tears collect in her eyes. In a hushed tone she whispered in his ear, "How dare you assume I am using you with my quote, 'pity party'? How dare you insult me in such a way? I actually asked her not to say anything. Maybe I assumed my father had brought this up or you may have heard about my 'pity party'. You are a sick human being who enjoys hurting others and it makes me wonder what sadness you have had to go through to feel this way." With that Arianna backed away and resisted slapping him. "Do you assume I'm weak because I lost someone who I loved? Is that what you think Deluca, because I have no idea how or why my emotions would be a game to you. If that is how you play your games or conduct your business than you are the weak one and you are the player."

7,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
User Image

User ImageUser Image

outfit | theme | profile

The girls, clearly having never been spoken to that way – probably, no one dared, considering their powerful daddies – quickly made their way out of the bar. Anthony wouldn’t have even noticed their going if not for the fuss they made on their way out, tails between their legs. He moved through the crowd, happy enough, until he eventually made his way back to the bar and took a seat. In the couple of hours he’d been there, the bartender had switched out. He didn’t know the new one quite as well, but was treated equally well.

An hour may have passed, maybe two – he’d had quite a bit to drink and had lost track of time when someone gripped at the back of his chair, knuckles digging into the back of his collared shirt. A voice whispered venomously into his ear, surprising him. She didn’t know why her father hated him, but she had an idea, now. Anthony turned back toward her, though wasn’t surprised by who it was. Really? Had she thought he was being harsh then? Clearly, the girl was naïve. She didn’t know what harsh was. As she stepped back, Anthony stood from his chair and laughed, maybe a little more boisterously than he had intended.

”Do you expect people to be extra special nice to you because you have an important dad, because you’re so pretty, or is it because your boyfriend died and you’re being so strong about it? Because you only get to pick one.” His tone was mocking, his words were finely sharpened and ready. This wasn’t a thing he didn’t have practice in. He took a step forward to close the space between them, a glint in his eyes almost daring her to hit him. To just try. Teasing, he answered her, ”oh, now you’ve put me in my place. Some drunk kid is yelling in my face, and it’s really turned my life around.” Maybe he was accustomed to being called a player, but certainly not for that reason.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff