Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Eric Petrov"
"Corporal"
{ Disvibe }

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thylia turned around and met his gaze, staring intently into his eyes. There was a moment of silence as neither of them moved from their respective spots. Eric was the first to snap back into reality. “Ya right don’t mention it.” he said “It’s actually getting pretty dark and I don’t know about you but I’m starving.” He heard the sound of a stomach growling, but it wasn’t him. Eric looked over at Thylia who had an embarrassed look cross her face. He couldn’t help but laugh at the situation they were in. It was only moments ago that she tried to catch him in a trap and now here they were. “I’m sure Nova and Dracula are fine right now and I still don’t know where Preston is.” he said “But in this darkness, I doubt looking for them would be a wise decision. Can I stay with you tonight?”
User Image
【 Thylia Amora 】
The Colourless Fox
User Image
As Thylia gazes into his dark eyes, she felt her heart pounding in her chest. She didn't know what to do, but luckily he breaks this intimate, yet awkward stare. As they both snap back into reality she feels hunger returning. As he mentions how he is hungry as well, her stomach betrays her, throwing her into quite an embarrassing situation. He laughs sounding really friendly. He then asks to stay with her for the night as it was getting late and he didn't know his way. Thylia knowing that he feels hungry and is injured agrees to accompany him for the night. She stands and gestures for him to do the same. "Let's go hunt."
"Eric Petrov"
"Corporal"
{ Disvibe }

“Hunting? This late in the day.” he asked. Her expression told him that she was serious. “Well ok, let me just get my stuff.” he said as he reached for his rifle but hesitated. He looked over at Thylia who gave him a reassuring smile. He slung the rifle over his back and followed her into the woods. The sun had not gone completely down; there was enough light for him to see a few meters ahead of him. “She definitely knows where she’s going.” he thought. Soon they reached an area where there were less trees but the grass was much taller. There was some kind of animal ahead of them. It was hard for Eric to make out what it was but Thylia seemed to know what stood in front of them. She had already fastened a spear from a fallen branch without Eric even noticing. “How did you?” he whispered only to be interrupted by Thylia telling him to be quiet. She was getting ready to make that animal their next meal.
Ikanova Poklonskaya
Lieutenant
User Image

Ikanova grimaces as Zachella admires her name, she had always thought that her name was too feminine and would not gain her the respect she commanded from her male counterparts. As Ikanova began to utter her objection she hears the very words she dreaded come out of the shapeshifter's mouth, "What is your business here." Ikanova pauses deciding how to best phrase her next few sentences. Should I tell her my mission is to capture her kind? Dead or alive? Wouldn't she just beckon upon her army of foul crows and kill me once and for all? Carefully selecting her words Ikanova recounts a modified version of her mission "I am a lieutenant of the soviet armed forces, myself and others from my regiment arrived due to video from our aerial surveillance aircrafts that showed what appeared to be animals seemly shape shifting. As part of a joint mission with some of the most prominent hunters around the world I am looking for traces of well.. you I suppose. Unfortunately as we arrived a massive thunderstorm disoriented us and my entire regiment was lost. That man that lies there is one of those hunters I mentioned, his plane was struck by a lightning bolt and until now I thought he was dead. He always seemed a bit off... The specifics of my mission were open to interpretation but before I left base I was told that if possible I should try and bring a shape shifter back, willingly of course. The rest of the food is ready do you think you can get up?"
Zachella Claw
Raven: The Mistress in Black
User Image
User Image

Ikanova's expression shifted after the question left Zachella's mouth. Zac contemplates for a moment after hearing the response. Although a million different questions run through her head, she decides that it is best not to spoil the mood by inquiring too much. Her worries and insecurities fading as Zachella gazes serenely at Ikanova's face. Ikanova's question breaks her trance, and she catches herself staring. Her hands flutter to her mouth, in shock. What's happening to me? Maybe it's the blood loss, or maybe I'm really tired. Yes! That must be it!, She murmers a quiet apology and stands up, teetering a bit from being light headed.
She helps Ikanova set up the food. The crows by now have almost all flown away. The food probably made them hungry and they too, needed to eat and rest.
She looks up into the night sky, the first of the stars have started becoming visible. She knew that soon, the sky would light up in a brilliance of stars, shaded ever so slightly by the canopy of the trees above them. Another cool breeze blows by them and she wonders about shelter. Usually, in her bird form, she would find a nice branch and cozy up with warm, feathery bodies on either side of her. But something was keeping her here tonight, in the company of this strange, yet alluring female.
As they eat, side by side, she brings up the question, "What should we do about shelter tonight? Would you like to find your friend that seemed to have run off with that fox changeling?" She spat out the last few words, visibly annoyed. Who did that fox think she was, pouncing on me like that.
User Image
【 Thylia Amora 】
The Colourless Fox
User Image
Thylia sees him worrying, his face wide eyed and hesitating. Finding it funny, she smiles, but tries to reassure him as well. As they walk towards the clearing where she knows she'll find at the very least, rodents, she picks up a long, dried up branch and shapes it into a deadly spear. She senses something in front hiding without success and sniffs. Thylia smiles as she smells a boar in front of her and seeing its small outline, she knows its an easy kill. Thylia hears Eric whisper something as he stares at the spear, but she raises her finger to hush him. She slows down her steps and lowers her stance. Thylia creeps up close and without a sound, she leaps in to stab the boar in the neck. She doesn't miss; immobilizing it, she pins it down as it still lightly thrashes. Thylia quickly pulls out the spear to finally slit its throat and kill it. She turns around surprised. She was so focused on the boar that she forgot Eric was there. "You looked stunned. Are.. you okay?", she says with a timid smile, hoping he isn't too shocked. Upon his response, she gestures for him to come closer and help lift the boar to a spot where they can set up a fire and a place to rest and feast.
With Eric's injured should, they end up carrying the boar together, even though he insisted on carrying the boar alone. They move back into the forest in the direction of where they came from. Thylia picks a spot where it is open to a bit of the night sky, so the stars can provide Eric with a hint of light to see. They start to set up a small cooking fire, which they must put out quickly before larger animals are attracted to the light. They put the boar down and start to collect dried leaves and branches. Thylia swiftly starts the fire as Eric cuts the boar to pieces for roasting. After all the work was done, they sit across from each other and begin to enjoy their meal under the starry night sky.
Ikanova Poklonskaya
Lieutenant
User Image

"I don't know if you'd prefer to change back to a crow but if you'd like I can pitch my tent for us. I don't have a second sleeping bag for you though." Ikanova wished to continue asking Zachella about Petrov and this supposed fox changeling that he had chosen to pursue, choosing to pursue an animal (or was it another shapeshifter?) instead of assisting his commanding officer a court martial offence. However Ikanova held her tongue as she heard the bitterness in Zachella's tone when she referred to the fox. "His name is Petrov and I'm sure he'll be able to take care of himself especially if that changeling is as nice as you." Ikanova says confidently careful to leave out how Petrov can probably easily end the fox's life with his rifle in fear of ruining her new found peace with Zachella. Ikanova laughed softly at herself as she reminded that less than 4 hours ago the two of them had literally attempted to take the other's life. "Don't worry about my comrade instead enjoy the finest borscht and beef stroganoff the Russian army has to offer!" Vigorously Ikanova wolfs down her portion her hunger overpowering her need to appear ladylike in from of her new friend. Aside from the savory pie from Petrov's mom the rations were of mediocre quality compared to the restaurants she and her father frequented back home. However, as the sky darkened Ikanova noticed that for the first time in months she was at peace, at peace next to the last person Ikanova would have felt comfortable beside. At least she's not planning to kill me anytime soon. Probably... Ikanova smiles again towards Zachella, as pangs of doubt form in her mind. I wonder who holds the upper hand at the moment...
Zachella Claw
User Image
User Image

Zachella secretly smiles at the fact that Ikanova was not intending to go searching for the other hunter and the fox shape shifter. She enjoyed their solitude. "Sure, a tent for us would be nice. My crows have all flown away and I'm not sure where to find them," she lied, looking away. Upon hearing Ikanova calling her nice, she blushes. Zac enjoyed her assertive attitude and her brash nature. Ikanova was herself, she didn't try to hide under any false pretenses, and she's so kind, thought Zac. She would be a fit mate!-- Mate!?
Zachella stops herself before the idea grew any wilder. Her face grows red hot, feeling Nova's eyes on her. She was about to make up some halfhearted excuse but the squeal of a boar off in the distance caught her attention. Her heart quickened and her eyes leaped to the fire. "We should set up tent soon, then put out the fire. Light would be an easy indicator for any predators to our whereabouts."
As Zachella helps Nova with unpacking the tent, their hands accidentally touch. Zachella immediately draws away and pretends to fiddle with her long, dirt covered hair. She rakes a finger through them and winces at the dried leaves and grasses embedded in it. Maybe a quick wash wouldn't be such a bad idea, she scrambles off to the direction of the stream, "don't worry! I'll be right back!" She calls to Nova.
Ikanova Poklonskaya
Lieutenant
User Image

Odd I would have sworn that she would have chosen to sleep with her fellow crows. I was actually counting on her just leaving me... Ikanova breathes a sigh of relief upon learning the massive murder of crows had flown away and Zachella would be unable to track down her fellow brethren. In the flicker of the fire Ikanova notes that Zachella's face was cherry red, She must still be freezing! I don't blame her, she's not dress properly for this early spring weather. Ikanova makes a note of the girl's unsuitable clothing and resolves to give her the sleeping bag. Zachella's mention of the tent reminds Ikanova of the task at hand and she begins to unpack her tent with Zachella being more of a hindrance than help. Ikanova chuckles at Zachella's inexperience and remembers a time where her father took her camping in the Siberian wilderness. I was so young when he took me into the wilderness. I'll never forget the survival lessons he taught me that day, he showed me the importance of shelter, water, and heat in survival situations. Poor Zachella must be as frightened as I was on that day, I doubt she's spent much time in human form in these woods. The sudden realization that Zachella was no longer beside her snaps Ikanova out of her train of thought. In the distance Ikanova makes out Zachella calling out "don't worry. I'll back right back." Confused Ikanova ponders why the girl would just run off like that, going through every possible scenario Ikanova arrives on the most logical reasoning She's going to find her crows! And then... Ikanova shudders at the thought of the "and then". Off to her side Ikanova makes out the sound of a man moaning, Stephan! Oh god I'd forgotten all about him. Careful not to disturb the injured man Ikanova gingerly drags him closer toward the fire and tent that she had completed setting up. Readying herself Ikanova moves under what little cover her tent provides all the while taking several deep breaths to slow her heartbeat Ikanova scopes in ready to take out whatever may challenge her.
"Eric Petrov"
"Corporal"
{ Disvibe }

Eric stared at Thylia for the longest time after the kill in amazement. “That was incredible.” he said “I’ve been hunting before but I’ve never seen someone move so smoothly.” They walked up to the boar and proceeded to carry it together. Eric insisted that he should carry it but with his injured shoulder, that wasn’t happening. Thylia lead him to a spot in the forest that allowed for the starry night to provide vision for him. She began to set up the fire while Eric butchered the animal with his knife and sickle. He had done this so many times in the past back in Russia that his cuts were next to perfect. They laid out the meat to cook for a while then began to eat. They sat across from each other eating mostly in silence. Every now and then they would trade stories about their lives. Eric would tell stories about his days in the Special Forces while Thylia would tell of her adventures in this forest. The topic of her brother would come up every so often but slowly she became more comfortable talking about him. After finishing their meal the sky was just about pitch dark with the stars peeking out. They doused the fire so that no wild animal could find them. With the fire out, it took a while for Eric to adjust to his night vision while Thylia could see clearly almost instantly. He set up against a nearby tree and placed his weapons just out of arms reach so Thylia wouldn’t become suspicious. He turned to ask Thylia where she would be sleeping but he couldn’t help but watch her fire red hair shine in the starlight. “My god she’s beautiful.” he thought to himself. She offered to return his jacket to him but he declined. “Where are you going to sleep?” he asked. In his head he hoped it would be right next to him.
User Image
【 Thylia Amora 】
The Colourless Fox
User Image
As the light from the fire fades out, Thylia wonders what her brother is doing at the moment. She looks up at the starry night hoping he would be able to see this beauty right now too. As Eric puts away his weapon, she notices that he isn't able to reach them from the tree he is sitting against. Is he a threat or not? He seems like he isn't, but...I can't be sure. Realizing that she still had Eric's jacket around her shoulders, she takes it off and folds it, hoping he would let her return it to him. She can easily adapt to this night air and was a little worried that Eric was not used to it yet, but being the gentleman that he seems to be, he declines. Eric then asks where she would be sleeping. Thylia decides to sleep close by so she could feel his motions or wake him up if she senses anything about. She lies down by the tree he sitting against and feels him slowly lying down too. She realizes that their heads were very close to each other's, while their bodies were facing far away from each other. She slowly shifts a bit further feeling kind of uncomfortable. Soon the night grows old and the sounds of the crickets and owls fill the night. She feels Eric's steady breathing and slowly closes her eyes too.
"Eric Petrov"
"Corporal"
{ Disvibe }

Eric laid down next to the tree, wishing that Thylia was a little closer but he would take what he could get. He noticed that her eyes were closed, he thought she was probably sleeping so he decided to get up and rest against the tree he was next to. There was no way he was sleeping tonight with a billion thoughts running through his head. What was going to happen in the morning? If he asked her to come with him to his comrades, would she accept? How was he going to explain this to the others? He remembered that when he ran after Thylia, nova was dealing with some crows. Maybe one was a shape shiftier. He knew that his pickup was coming in 2 weeks; would he ask Thylia to come with him? This mission was supposed to be the thing that gets him his promotion. He has been waiting for this for the longest time. Eric couldn’t let anything jeopardize his promotion. He looked over at Thylia who looks like she is fast asleep. “I wonder what your dreaming about.” he whispered. He leaned his head backwards and looked up at the stars. It was just yesterday that this forest would be the death of him but now he seemed in peace.
Zachella Claw
User Image
User Image

Zachella makes her way quietly to the stream bed and dips her index finger in it. Brrrr, the water is ice cold. She shakes her head at her awful idea. "Well, since I'm already here," She bends down closer to the water's surface. It was a beautiful sight. Under a cloak of black, the stars danced as the water's surface rippled with the wind. She kneels by the water and dips her good arm into the water. She sends the stars scattering in her arm's wake. After some playful swishing, she forms a cup with her hands and scoops up some water, lightly splashing it over her bloodied arm. By now the paste she had applied to her wound had hardened so she soaked it and peeled it off. The wound had scabbed over quite well, but the muscle around it was still quite bruised from the trauma the metal projectile had caused. Slowly and carefully, Zac managed to wash away all the blood from her arms. She had hoped she could shapeshift back into her raven form and clean her feathers a bit too, but she was too weak to try, plus she had to find a place high enough to jump from and she was in no condition to climb. She had once tried to shapeshift while standing in place and she ended up becoming disoriented and dizzy and then proceeded to huddle in a ball in her bird form for a few minutes, making her very vulnerable.
~~~~~~~
While taking off her dress and giving it a good shake, she sighs, this is the best I can get it. I hope Ikanova doesn't mind.
She made her way back to camp after about 20minutes of absence and is greeted with the sight of the crazy, black haired man lying beside Ikanova.
"W-what's he doing here?" Zac stammers, her hand to her mouth. Her paranoia muddling her thoughts. With her undamaged arm, she grabs the closest stick to her and holds it out defensively.
User Image
【 Thylia Amora 】
The Colourless Fox
User Image
Thylia hears Eric move startling her, she persists to keep her eyes closed but feels her body tensing up. What is he doing?, she wonders. Thylia then turns her body to face Eric and sneaks a peek at him. She notices that he is just sitting there, looking deep in thought. She closes her eyes again and hears his whisper to her. She sighs, feeling like she got worried for nothing. She wonders if Eric will stay with her for another day, or if he has to go back to his comrade. Thylia was hoping he would stay with her and that maybe after a while, he would accept shape-shifters. She would have to prove herself in her fox form though. As she relaxes she falls asleep and starts to dream.
She is once again wondering around the forest, hearing her brother call out for her. Suddenly, the scene changes and she sees a barred dark room with Eric and his comrades inside. She looks further into the room and sees her brother fainted inside. Her brother then turns into his fox form, but something was off. He seems smaller. She realizes that the fox inside was actually her. Eric walks up with his weapon slowly with emotionless eyes. Before she beg Eric to stop, she wakes up from her nightmare with a gasp. She pushes herself up to sit and her eyes land on Eric's sleeping face. As she stares at his face, she feels scared while the dream's ending replays in her mind over and over. Could Thylia risk it all and reveal her other form? Will he stay with her...even for a while longer? Finally, Eric's eyes open and Thylia clears her mind. She quickly looks away and watches the small hint of light behind the dark clouds and thick foliage grow.
Ikanova Poklonskaya
Lieutenant
User Image

Silence... Eerie, unbroken, stupid SILENCE! 898 mississippi, 899 mississippi, 900... 15 minutes... Still nothing. Where could she be, what is she doing, how many crows is she bringing back? 1132 mississppi. Is she coming back? Perhaps she'd realized my true purpose and wished to part as friends before returning as enemies. That's awful considerate of her, I nurse her back the health, feed her, clothe her only to be abandoned in the god forsaken jungle again! 1494 mississppi. Can I bring myself to kill her? What if she finds me in these woods again and attacks me? She's defending herself, her land, her people... This mission is not what it was advertised to be "They're only wild animals" said headquarters. No. They're different. They're.. they're.. well human. Except they're better than us, they're not corrupted by wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, or, gluttony. Zachella saved me when I shot her, I can't harm her again! Screw this mission, screw Stephan, Preston, Petrov, and the rest of those idiots! I want off this hellhole rig-- Faintly Ikanova hears the voice of Zachella, puzzled at the girl's words but nevertheless relived that the starry was not blotted out by crows; Ikanova drops her weapons and rushes towards the girl with open arms ready for a hug and then questions about where's she'd run off to. Ikanova halts midway as she discerns the faint outline of a long, slender object in Zachella's hands. She's come back to club me to death? Did she think I'd be asleep? I don't have my guns but I do still have the little bread knife from dinner; I can't bring myself to harm her though... "Have you come back to kill me?" asks Ikanova, holding back tears as she waits for the only answer. "Well have you?" calls out Ikanova as tears begin sliding down her cheek.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff