Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Lover

User Image

Elaine looked up at her husband curiously as he argued against her. "What you speak of is called Democracy." She sighed and stretched, cracking her back as she did. "It is hard for any system to work correctly. At the moment, what we have is the Matriarchy and Patriarchy systems, which have worked for us for hundreds of years. Even if you decided to change the way of doing things, you would never see it. Neither would our children, or even our children's children. History takes a very long time to change, especially when it comes to the way things are done." Ellie pointed out and looked around her. There were very few women working or doing anything of importance from what she could see and some of the things that she'd read about in the library, as well as what the king had said floated into her mind. "Take a look at your own kingdom for instance. You are still following the same ideals and traditions that you had a hundred years ago with hardly any change..." She said as kindly as she could, trying to ignore the flashes of rage that danced through her mind from earlier. Fire was terrifying, and she'd hate to know what would happen if it was ever pointed at herself. "And besides, you really don't want someone as leader who isn't at least a little educated in the ways that this country is run. It just would not end well. In order to do something right, you have to know how to do it. I can't just pick up a match and be pretty decent with fire magik. I don't know anything about it, nor do I have a particular talent for it. Even if I did, if I don't know how it is done, then I simply can't do it well."

Elaine sat quietly after that, simply watching the people go about their busy days, hardly taking any notice of the royal couple having a rather colorful discussion. It was really nice to talk to someone with a different point of view than herself. People were pretty content with the way the kingdom was run in her country, so there wasn't anyone who really wanted to change the way things were. Yet, he sat a man who hated his system, his power, and his birthright. He seemed like he hated most of all the unfairness of it. Like he disliked that he had privilege just because of who his father was. And Ellie could understand such sentiments. Running a kingdom was a hard burden to bear, and it wasn't fair that he had to take it or face dire consequences.

Elaine blinked when the silence was interrupted by a butchered version of Laekin's name. The princess couldn't discern the tone in his voice, but she didn't particularly like it. "I do not appreciate your tone, Prince Kulaan." She warned him, eyeing him warily in an attempt to judge his emotions. Unfortunately, they were both of royalty and had both been schooled in the art of facial control, so it was near impossible to understand what was going on on his face. Not to mention that she had only known him for a day. "But I have known Laekin for a very long time. My father brought him home when I was 9 and he was 10. We have been together ever since." Elaine finished, looking at the water, studying the way that it moved and shifted. It was such a beautiful element. She was tempted to bring up the princess of the Earth kingdom, who he had seemed close to the night before while they were dancing. But Elaine was a princess. She wasn't about to play into this childish game.

At the mention of the ring, Elaine looked down to find Laekin's gift resting a bit smugly on her right hand. She'd completely forgotten about it. "It was a gift. Jewelry is a thoughtful gift in my country because most people make it by hand using either their metal magik, old ways with forges, or a combination of the two. Either way hard work is put into the final piece and no two are the same." Ellie explained, looking at the ring as it glistened in the light. "I had made one to give to you in the ceremony, but I was informed that you do not participate in that tradition here."

Greedy Fatcat

13,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

Kulaan made a smug face when she gave attitude back when he messed up Leakins name. Disregarding all of the things she had said before that, even though he thought she was incredibly smart. And the fact that she knew she was made Kulaan want to hit her. "So..." he began, "I'm guessing you and Lubdub were an... item?" a playful smile was growing on his face. He enjoyed watching her emotions change on her face. He face the fountain behind them, trying to figure out why she was looking at it so intently. He realized that she analyzed just about every little thing around her. "What..." he stopped turning he head back at her, "What made you want to give up something, just for peace between two Kingdoms?" His eyes were shinning with wonder, even though he agreed to the arranged marriage also, he wanted to know what her actual reason was.

He smiled at her, "... I'd still like to see the ring. When we visit there you should show me the jewelers. I'll get one made for you... maybe." He laughed slightly, "I don't know about gems, but I'd love to include how your people show... uhm... affection to each other?" It was funny that even though they were newly weds they still hadn't touched one another besides a hand hold, and when she grabbed onto him in his fathers rage. Kulaan knew he couldn't show actual affection like that to her, especially if he didn't mean it. Even though he was popular among many women, there were only the few that he had intamente times with. He thought a kiss or even a hug was something special that two people shared, whether it be romantic or even just a friendship. "So... who gave you the ring?" He knew very well who gave it to her, especially since she wasn't wearing it the day before.

Kulaan began to wonder how exactly the relationship between both of them could even work, both of them seemed like two awkward friends with nothing in common. Sure she was beautiful and smart, but that's not enough to fall for someone. He didn't want to have a family with someone who he didn't love, let alone be... sexual with. It would be way to forced, and neither of them would get anywhere. Kulaan tapped his boots, the chains and buckles jingling lightly. He began to get extremely hot in the sun, since he was wearing all black. Of curse he was used to the heat, his skin was always a slight golden, but still pale at the same time. In the Metal kingdom it was a bit different. Last time he went there it felt so cold to him, at that time it was the fall season so the trees there and all the fruit were magnificent colors. He remembered as a child, when he was the only child. He would go with his mother to find leaves. Thinking about it he wondered where the book went that they kept all of them in.

He realized he was daydreaming a little to hard when a bird flapped it's wings while landing in the fountain, water splashing his cloths. His face was a perfect sour face when the water hit him. Opening one eye he looked at Elaine, "Well at least I'm not hot anymore." He looked up at the sun, seeing what time of day it was. Only a little past noon, "Wanna start heading to the museum? Hopefully we'll be dry by then." Yes that's right, he said we. He took a little bit of water in his hand and splashed it at Elaines' face. "That's for laughing at me... jerk." He smiled impishly and got up from his spot. He began walking to the museum that had to do with the Kingdoms past. ; "I haven't been here in ages..." He looked up at the great marble doors and few hundred stairs leading up to it. He looked at Elaine, "Bet cha' I can beat you to the top."

Romantic Lover

User Image

Elaine turned to face Kulaan with a gentle look on her face that Laekin would immediately recognize as his signal to run. More than likely he'd gone too far with a joke or just annoyed her while she was reading or doing something. "Probably about as much of an item as you and Elovie." She said in a very sweet voice that somehow also managed to drip venom. "Either way it is not your business." And with that, she turned her back to him, continuing to look at everything around her, enjoying the warm-- well, more hot than warm, but whatever-- day. People were in the streets, selling off their wares and calling to those walking past in the streets. It was so different from what her own kingdom was like.

When the prince asked Elaine what had made her give something up, she turned to him and studied him for a bit. She hadn't expected him to ask her such a question. Part of her thought he didn't care about what she'd given up or why. "Because our people have suffered enough at the hands of this war. It needed to stop or else there would be nothing left of our countries. The people are more important than my personal happiness." Ellie explained, studying his face intently, watching for any sign that he agreed or disagreed.

Elaine blinked in surprise when the prince mentioned wanting to see the ring. "I have it back at the castle." She said, honestly smiling for the first time since she'd come here. It lit up her face, making her glow and her eyes sparkle. "Oh, is that so?" Ellie tried to play koi, but she was really touched that he was interested in her traditions enough to go against his own. Wearing a wedding ring is a really big part of her culture. It signified eternity, loyalty, and is also a useful sign to know if a man or woman is married or not. Rosy cheeks looked away from him, trying not to blush and failing miserably. Kulaan could be really sweet sometimes.

Elaine was surprised when the prince was splashed by a bird and accidentally let a giggle escape. He obviously did not appreciate the laughter because the next thing she knew, her face was wet and she was wiping water out of her eyes. She couldn't even get words out before they were off to go to the museum. It was a scorching day, so by the time they reached the steps, Ellie's face was dry and she was dying of thirst. Based on how cold it had been last night, she never would have thought that it would be this hot during the day. "I know you can beat me!" She exclaimed as she started up the stairs at a decent pace. She wasn't about to get sweatier and nastier than she already was.

Greedy Fatcat

13,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

Kulaan smirked when she had said the comment about Elovie, but at the same time it made him want to vomit. After arriving at the museum staires and beginning to walk up with Elaine he turned to her, "So, what's the weather like in your kingdom? You seem to be greatly enjoying today weather." He joked, taking two steps up instead of one. "They have drinks inside, the lobby is beautiful, it's full of art and statues." Kulaan hopped she wouldn't want to go into the royal family photo rooms. As a tradition in the royal family you have to take a picture every year. Kulaan was an adorable youngster, which is why he hated when people saw the pictures of him. But hopefully he wouldn't have to worry about that. They also had some embarrassing pictures of him as a teen. "There are four wings to the museum, in every museum here actually. We probably wont be done here until dinner time... So we can go to another one tomorrow if you'd like."

When you entered the Lobby there was women at a large round desk, each one was assigned to giving information about each wing. North was the Family Photo Room, complete with a small bios. South was about the Royal family and how it got to were it is today, East was about the past leaders, also including war leaders. And finally the West wing was a library. Filled with diary's of past kings and other royal family members. Kulaan looked at Elaine, who seemed to be in owe of just coming inside, "Extravagant, isn't it... What wing did you want to see first?" Kulaan also knew of a hidden room, that one had a time turning table, more so had to do with the stars, he wanted to show her that room later though. When less people were inside the museum, it was exclusive to the higher up people in the Kingdom.

He couldn't take his eyes off of hers, they still had that glow when he had said he'd love to see the ring. He tapped his foot, it echoing slightly in the lobby, "You think we can make a choice here? Before I die please." He said walking to go and get them a drink, wondering what to get he decided on just water, he of course added lemon and cucumber to both, to make it more refreshing. "Here, it's lemoncucumber water..." He handed the plastic cup to her, the lemons and pieces of cucumber floating on top, making the water look slightly bluish, it was rather pleasing looking. "Did you pick a wing to start at yet? Or do I have to wait some more?" He smiled at her, his rather pointy canines showing.

Romantic Lover

User Image

Elaine stared wide-eyed at the building as they entered it, ignoring most everything Kulaan said. Though not to be spiteful or anything like that, but because she was in a place where she felt most comfortable. A place where she was surrounded by the thing she loved most: history. She ignored most everything to go to the woman sitting at the counter, asking her all sorts of questions. Once she'd ascertained what was in each wing, she thanked the woman and turned to find Kulaan right behind her with drinks.

"Ah, thank you." Ellie graciously accepted the drink, taking a sip before looking up at her husband with bright blue eyes. "I think that we should go to the East first." Elaine was practically vibrating with excitement as she followed the prince to the double doors that would take them to the leader's room. The room was dark, lighting only the picture frames and display cases and enough to see so one wouldn't trip. But only barely. The point was to illuminate the people who seemed like they were staring at the guests.

Elaine walked over to the first picture frame, reading the things written underneath. She continued through the room, eyes taking in everything and enjoying herself until she got to a part of the room where the war generals from the past 100 years were kept. Pieces of armor, paintings from the war, and smug murderers stared at her. The princess hid her horror as she walked through the room, looking at everything. Elaine knew that the war was vicious, her parents had never hid that part from her, but they had never shown her exactly what it had looked like.

The young woman read what the generals had accomplished, feeling sick to her stomach as she read their kill counts and achievements. Ellie hurt to know that in those numbers were countless innocent lives of her kingdom. People who had had families and lives and loved ones. Of course, her kingdom had done the same thing to Kulaan's nation, and she knew that. Elaine had been reading about the raids since she was 14. Their numbers weren't any bigger than her own country's.... That didn't make it hurt any less.

Elaine tore her eyes away from an especially gruesome painting of a victory only to spot a suit of armor that was black with soot and contained many holes in it with an especially large one right where the man's heart would be. "No way." She murmured to herself, the expression on her face stricken as she ghosted over to the armor, ignoring everything else as she inspected it. Reading the description, Elaine thought she might faint. She was right... This was her grandfather's armor. The grandfather who had gone MIA during battle. The man who had an empty casket when he was buried. Then Ellie's eyes drifted up to find a gruesome depiction of the blonde man's death. He had pikes and arrows sticking out of his armor and was shown in the middle of a wide ring of fire magik users and on fire, which was a mixture of colors. The man was obviously in agony...

Greedy Fatcat

13,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

Kulaan walked right behind Elaine, sipping his drink, remembering why he never entered this place. He was looking at a painting of his uncle, who had mysteriously died and then his father became king. When he heard Elaine blurt out no way he turned to were she was in mid-sip of his drink. Walking over to her seeing what she was going on about. "Oh how delicious," he sarcastically said. Averting his eyes from the bloody painting. "Did you know your grandfather? Mine died very shortly after yours did. I was only five... I think. He was a horrible man." He laughed slightly, "I mean obviously." He tried to excuse his dark humor by taking the last gulp of his drink. A painting caught his eye, one of his great grandfather, who Kulaan looked almost exactly like, although Kulaan features were more slender.

This was the man that started everything, reading the plaque underneath he noticed that many things were peaced together, not much made sense. The plaque was very old, but it sounded like someone didn't really know what was happening at the time. "Hmm..." Kulaan touched the plaque, running his fingers along the stone carved letters. He furrowed his eyebrows and looked up at the man again, noticing that he had the ring that Kulaan was wearing on his middle finger. He almost completely forgot that it was, in fact his great grandfathers. It was made of pure Onyx, at the time it was very expensive, especially since it was imported from the Metal kingdom. It began to dawn on him that the ring was givin' to his great grandfather. It made perfect sense... rings arn't really a tradition in Kulaans kingdom, which is why his grandfather didn't wear it on his ring finger.

He walked back over to Elaine, who was taking everything in, every piece of information. "What do you know about... Onyx during their time? Our great grandfathers I mean." He hoped he didn't sound stupid asking the question. He knew onyx used to be expensive, but he wanted to know what the ring meant to the metal kingdom. "Or maybe you can tell me what the stone means?" Kulaan was trying to figure out why he had the ring on, even though he was at war with the metal kingdom. You'd think he would have taken it off. Even though Kulaan didn't really enjoy history to much, he enjoyed figuring out puzzles. He had a nac for it, he also enjoyed shoving it down peoples throats that he was right about things, that came with being the oldest sibling.

Romantic Lover

User Image

Elaine was finally able to tear her eyes away from the painting when she heard Kulaan's voice behind her. "My grandfather was a kind man. He was much beloved in our kingdom." And with that, she turned away from him, ignoring anything else that he might have said as she tried to keep her cool. This man's family had stollen the one right that every man had: a decent burial. She wondered just what they did with her grandfather's body. Did they burn it and scatter the ashes? Or did they just throw him to the crows to get eaten alive. The young woman's imagination went rampant as as she raised her hand to gently touch the cold metal of the armor. She was so tempted to clean it, to take away the stains of battle and repair it... But she'd probably get arrested or worse for such a thing. This was a proud part of their history... They wouldn't appreciate her taking it away from them.......

When the prince finally came back to her, Elaine had moved on and was looking at the weapons showcase that belonged to some famous general who was obsessed with collecting them. He'd died just a few years ago. "Hm?" She asked, pushing her anger down. She was too tired to be angry at him for disrespecting her grandfather's name with his sarcasm. She just wanted to go back to sleep at this point. Of course, she had more pressing matters to attend to.

"Onyx was my great grandfather's birth stone." Ellie explained and then went silent for a while as she turned to face him, her face deep in thought. "Also, onyx is thought of as a separator. It can help to get rid of negative emotions like sorrow or grief. It is also used to end unhappy or bothersome relationships." She continued, keeping her eyes on his face as she explained. Her complexion was paler than usual, but her emotions were well under control by this point. There was no reason to get upset or blame Kulaan. All it would do is cause problems and an argument, which she didn't need. No, she decided to let the disgusting display of disrespect for her grandfather go. "It is also extremely rare in our kingdom and is expensive even today."

Greedy Fatcat

13,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

"Hmm. Is that so?" He said turning on his heels heading over to his great grandfathers picture again. "Come here." He called to her. "See that ring on his middle finger? It's the same one I have on right now. It was passed down." He paused for a moment, waiting to see what her expression was "My great grandfather and yours were also said to be best friends when they were younger, until both became king." Kulaan noticed the slight tone she had in her voice from before, he knew that she was annoyed about what he had said sarcastically, going off subject he mentioned her grandfather again. "Do you want to see your grandfather? This might sound strange but... threw the years he's been passed down. Like a gift." Kulaan felt slightly awkward talking about this subject and it showed in the way he talked, "We can have something done with the body, it can be a first step into... making peace with our kingdoms." He was almost afraid of what her response was going to be.

Thinking to himself about the ring he began to realize a couple other things. Since it was passed down to each heir to the thrown, the war kept going. Until one day Kulaan was just playing with his ring and he lit it on fire. He found it funny that it didn't melt, so he heated the ring up even more, until a small crack came about along the whole rim. Only a month later did he find out he was going to marry a princess from the metal kingdom. Getting back to the ring subject, "We have to figure out if your great grandfather gave mine the ring. And somehow out of all this mess the rivalry was purely just an accident. Bad luck even..." He nudged Elaines shoulder, "Hey..." He smiled. "You're cute when you're interested in something."

He began walking back down the hallway, looking at the newest painting of himself, a plaque not yet made for him. It was him when he was eight-teen, he had less piercings, but still wore the cross earing. He laughed slightly when he saw that the painting had amethyst colored eyes, the painter insisted on coloring them that way. "It's way to hot in here." He said puffing up his chest like the picture of himself. "Hah... get it." He said snapping his fingers and lighting the air like it was a match. He didn't know what wing she wanted to look at next. He was almost excited to see other things that this place held. But he almost wasn't ready to move to the next wing, only because he knew that sooner or later they would go into the royal family photos.

Romantic Lover

User Image

Elaine raised her eyebrows at the prince. "Yes, it is." When he walked away, she hesitated, watching where he was going. He walked over to a picture frame that she hadn't yet looked at since discovering her grandfather's... She was already halfway to him when he told her to join him. She was already studying the painting intensely when he pointed out the ring. "My gosh." She said and looked at the ring on his finger, grabbing his wrist to inspect it. How had she not put two and two together that the prince, who she had been told would not wear the ring she'd made, was doing just that?

Ellie's face was once more alive with curiosity and interest as she listened to him talk. That is until he mentioned her grandfather. "See him? What..." She couldn't figure out what he meant or why he was so uncomfortable, but returning the body of the much loved grandfather would certainly put the metal kingdom in a good mood. It might even make up for taking away their princess. "Yes, I believe that returning his remains to the metal kingdom for a proper burial would do much to forge an alliance between our two nations." Elaine agreed, looking down at her hands. She had no intention of telling the people how he had died, they didn't need to know that they'd burned him alive, but she'd say that he died honorably.

Elaine was all too grateful to get off of the subject of her dead grandfather, so when he changed it, she obliged eagerly. Distraction was a great way to keep her emotions under control, as well as keep herself from over thinking this whole death thing... or why her husband, who was usually a jokester or sarcastic, was uncomfortable talking about this subject. It made her as uneasy as it made him uncomfortable. "We can check when we go back to my kingdom... They have portraits of him everywhere, not to mention records of everything he's ever owned or commissioned. Something like this would be in those..." Elaine rolled her eyes at the prince when he called her cute. She was not in the mood for games or jokes.

Ellie followed Kulaan through the hallway and stopped in her tracks at the photograph that he was standing next to. A deep redness crept up from her neck and spread across her face at the painting. "Don't get so full of yourself." She said, rolling her eyes and turning away so she could briskly walk down the hallway. He's so hot.... She couldn't help but think as she reached the double doors that would take them to the lobby where she immediately went to the north building to look at pictures of the royal family.

Greedy Fatcat

13,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

Kulaan was still gazing at himself, "What? I can't hear you when your turn around a blush like that." He smirked and realized she was already three feet ahead of him. "Uh... let's not go in that direction please." he stammered as they walked closer and closer to the room. He was squeamish at each photo, since the family that was current was right in the beginning. going from the most recent to the first one in record history. He looked at the picture, his many brothers and one sister. Seven all together. "My mother and father obviously." he said pointing at them, "I have three brothers and one sister. My brothers are rather, obnoxious. They don't live at the castle though, they go to a special training school together. My sister does though, she's sassy." He looked away as they got closer and closer to when he was the only child. "My mother and father couldn't have another child until I was five," he smiled to himself, "it was nice being alone." he knew that he wouldn't trade anything for his siblings, he hated them all equally. He was ready for all the incoming comments about him.

Kulaan stopped when he came across the picture of his deceased betrothed at the time Kulaan was sixteen, although he was extremely mature looking for his age, it almost looked like a brother and sister in the picture. Which made the picture that much more alluring. "This is Ashten and I, I look like a creep, but the painter was trying to captivate the gazes we had." He laughed when he said captivate. He never spoke of her anymore, it had been so long since he had seen her, almost eight years. "She was from the Air Kingdom..." He trailed off slightly, looking at the markings on his face, it was the way the air kingdom accepted people into their family there. "She's beautiful." He looked away from the painting with slightly watery eyes, blinking it away he showed Elaine his uncle, "This man was my role model. Of course he would be to a three year old though." The painting had his uncle and a little Kulaan holding onto his leg. "Alright moving on, ignore the monkey in the picture."

He stepped away from Elaine, letting her look around on her own, he always found himself right back at the picture of him and Ashten. He knew that his everything he felt at the time had healed, but he still loved this girl, it was his first love. And Kulaan was a true hopeless romantic.

Romantic Lover

User Image

Elaine listened to him as he spoke. He was going to get to see her embarrassing paintings and photographs when they traveled to her kingdom, so she was going to enjoy looking at his. "It must be nice to have siblings. I've never had any." She said, looking at the family portrait and wishing that she'd had at least one sibling to play with and grow up with. The queen was regal and stood tall while the new king looked determined and iron-fisted. The children all looked happy and content with where they were.

Moving further into the room, Elaine looked at the portraits that Kulaan pointed out, namely the one of him and his previous fiance. The look they were sharing gave her shivers, making her cold in the comfortable room. The two were obviously in love and happy to be together. "I hope you look at me like that one day..." Ellie murmured, speaking her thoughts by accident. She blushed again, but instead of moving away like she wanted to, she looked up at him and smiled softly. He wasn't a terrible person; he couldn't be with the way he was gazing at this young woman. Somehow, his love for the woman in the portrait gave her hope. He wasn't some stone cold man who was incapable of love.

Leaving him by the woman, she headed further down into the room, stopping to gaze at picture of him as a small child, maybe 4. Elaine thought he was an adorable child with dark hair and a carefree expression so much different from the one he always wore around her. "You were such an adorable child. Our children will be spoiled rotten if they look anything like you." She chuckled, a tender look on her face. She obviously adored the idea of having children simply by the way she was looking at all of the baby portraits hung on the walls. The one where she spent a good deal of time staring was the one of Kulaan as an infant. Hair as black as the darkest night and piercing amber eyes. Once done looking around, she walked back to Kulaan and tilted her head. "I am ready to go back now... We can explore the rest of the museum some other day."

Greedy Fatcat

13,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

Kulaan didn't realize what Elaine had said to him, "Yeahh?" He mouthed to her, and then did a double take, "Wait... what?" He didn't think he heard her correctly. His usually furrowed eyebrows turned into a boyish look, almost like when a mother embarrasses her child by asking for a kiss. His face was bright red, and he had to turn away. He noticed that she stopped at one of the paintings of him as a child, "O-our, children?" He mumbled. He did want to even think about something like that right now. He feels like if they were to have any type of relations like that it would be like two sixteen year olds who have no idea what to do next. He didn't even take in that she wanted to go home. "I'm sorry... what?" He managed to finally say still facing a blank wall. "Oh you wanna go home, let's go!" He said, starting to walk towards the lobby, and tripping on the red carpet underneath him.

Once he was outside the cooler air hit his face, helping calm down how red he was. He accidentally brushed against Elaines' hand, he quickly took it away like he was being burned. "S-sorry!" he began trotting down the many steps, always two steps ahead of her. "Did you want to grab anything to... eat maybe? Or do you want to just go home and relax?" Kulaan honestly just wanted to go to his room and lay out on his balcony, being alone was one of his favorite things to do. It helped mellow out any feelings he was having, besides dancing of course.

"I don't mean to be rude or anything, but I hope you're alright with just going strait home." He back tracked what he said, not even realizing it, he was still flustered from the comments she made earlier. "Home... home sounds good." Kulaan looked around not remember what way he is supposed to go. "Stop looking at me like that." He pouted his bottom lip out slightly, still incredibly embarrassed. He began walking foreword to the castle, leading Elaine. As they were walking the streets were coming alive with dancers and entertainers. They were excellent, but nothing like the way he danced, you were captivated when he danced, other people it was just cool to watch. "I'll be on my balcony when we get home, I hope you don't mind... I like having peace to myself sometimes." He didn't mean that he didn't want her in the room, he just wanted a little quite from the longish day he had. Especially since his father had an outburst.

Romantic Lover

User Image

Elaine wasn't sure how to absorb Kulaan's reaction. It was the first real emotion that she'd seen from him. He was obviously flustered by her words, both about the picture of the princess and about the children comment. Well, he had to know that they were expected to have already consummated their marriage and were expected to make babies immediately. Instead of pressing her luck and making him agitated, Elaine decided to follow him quietly with only a small look of smugness on her face. So, she could embarrass him the way he'd done to her. Good to know.

"You sure are flustered, Prince Kulaan." Ellie couldn't help herself as he nearly jumped at her touch and yanked his hand away like she'd shocked him. "It is alright." She said when he appologized. Men were so funny about things like children and love. Even Kulaan, who she had heard was a big ladies man, was easily embarrassed by her simple words. Was it so awful a thought that he may grow to love her that he was basically running away from her right now. She found it absolutely adorable. She couldn't help but smile as they walked down the stairs together, he a few paces in front.

Elaine looked up at Kulaan with rather concerned eyes. "Yes, home is good right now." The young princess' stomach roiled with worry as she thought about Laekin's episode earlier that day. Normally he could only calm down with her assistance. And god help anyone else who might try to aid the man. They'd get the beating of their lives. He'd nearly killed one of the servants when he was 15 by accident. "I shall give you your space. I have things to do in the library." And with that, Elaine and Kulaan hurried home.

When the duo reached the castled, Elaine said her farewells to the prince, thanking him for the day, and then left. She didn't even bother to pretend like she was going to the library and instead headed straight for Laekin's room, which she had gotten from a nurse. She knocked, but didn't hear anything, so she just walked in. The sun had traveled to the other side of the castle, so light was minimal, but it was enough to see that the room had been ransacked and a good deal of the furniture broken. A limp form was crumpled in the middle of it all, moaning and crying. "Oh god."

Elaine rushed to aide her friend, but when she touched him, he lashed out at her. His fist would have connected with her throat had it not been for her fast thinking and the golden bangle on his wrist. She couldn't completely stop his punch, but she could slow it down and move it to a less noticeable place. Laekin's fist grazed her rib cage, nearly knocking the wind out of her. "Laekin. Laekin, it's Ellie. Calm down." By this point, she'd immobilized his wrists and ankles using the golden bangles that he was required to wear at all times.
          "Ellie?" His voice was ragged, making it obvious that he'd screamed multiple times. Either he'd managed to muffle himself, or people had made the mistake of checking on him, only to learn that when he was like this, it was best to leave him alone. She hoped nobody had heard him.
          "Yeah, it's me. It's alright."
          "It hurts..." He murmured, his eyes rolling into the back of his head as he struggled for consciousness.
          "Shhh." She murmured and scooted so his head was in her lap. "Don't worry about it Lae. Everything's going to be okay." The princess assured him, to which he nodded and then promptly fell asleep hugging her waist.

The next two hours were spent with Elaine trying to get the large man into his bed, and then attempting to clean up his room. She was going to have to inform castle personnel about his fits... She'd call them fits of rage. And that he was to have the minimal essentials in his room. Also, that his room was to be moved closer to her own for safety reasons. Those were all excuses that the staff wouldn't have any problems with... right?

Greedy Fatcat

13,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image

Kulaan nodded at Elaine, and walked into the room, he turned around when he noticed that she didn't go in the direction of the library. Poking his head around the door he saw her going in the complete opposite direction. He followed her through the hall, making sure he was hidden by the walls. He noticed that she went into Laekins' room. He shook his head thinking that she was keeping secrets from him herself. Kulaan turned around heading back to the bedroom when he bumped into Elovie. "Gahh!" He was startled by her surprise appearance. "What the ******** are you doing here? I told you, you can't come around anymore." He took her by her small hand and sat down by a bench. She looked up at him, "I needed to see you again." Kulaan could tell there was pure lust and longing in her eyes. He wanted to throw up, he didn't understand why she didn't get that they were done with. Elovies' lips pursed, "I was visiting your sister and I had to come see you..." Kulaan raised his eyebrow, "Well great, now you can leave." He pointed down the hallway.

He got up from the bench only to be pulled on by her, "Please stay... Elaines' not around anyway." Elovie looked like she was about to ball her eyes out. "Fine." Kulaan pouted, "You can't stay long, you got it?" He took her into his bedroom, he was making his way to the balcony. "I remember sitting out here with you all the time," she mumbled. Kulaan shook his head while having a half smile, "yeah you'd never shut up." Elovie pushed herself down next to him and kissed his neck. Kulaan swatted her away, "What did I tell you? If you're going to be doing that you can leave. I mean it." A look of pure seriousness was written all over his face. When Elovie tried attempting to kiss him again Kulaan grabbed her face, making him able to control her head movements. "Stop it. I'm married, I can't be doing this anymore."
A tear ran down Elovies' face, "You act like you've been doing it for years or something. A couple more times wont hurt anyone, it's not like she loves you."

Kulaan squinted his eyes at her, "If you don't leave, I'll make you leave." He got up, picking Elovie up and throwing her over his shoulder. Plopping her outside of the room and closing the door behind him. He wasn't in the mood to tolerate such nonsense. Even though most of it was his fault, he had been with her the day earlier. He just didn't know what to think at this time. The time he spent with Elaine today he really enjoyed, he just needed some time to think. He rubbing the back of his neck and went out onto the balcony once again. Sitting cross legged he waved his hand, lighting each small candle. The energy around him slowly becoming relaxing. He just sat outside, watching the villagers, and a certen little girl caught his eye, she was playing with her father, passing back and forth a hot ball with their feet. Kulaan could remember when he used to play those games with his siblings, now the youngest sibling was fifteen, so games like this didn't interest them anymore.

Elovie was still sitting on the ground when a guard came by asking her what she was still doing here so late. "Oh... I was uh... looking for Elaine, I have something to give her." A crazy smirk went across her face, she handed the guard a small personal cake. "Make sure she gets this." The guard nodded and went off to continue patrolling. Elovie flipped her hair, feeling satisfied she left the castle. The cake was to make Elaine ill, just a way of getting back at her for taking her man away.

Kulaan sat and watched the two people play some more, while he watched he realized how bad he wanted a family of his own, whether it was big or small. He just wanted them to be close to one another, he didn't want to be like his father, he was cold and hardly ever showed his children, or even his wife affection. Of course he had a drinking problem, but he still could have hugged his children once in a while. He could hear a guard talking to Elovie outside of the room, he closed the balcony door so he didn't have to here her voice, he wondered why she was still hanging around, he wasn't going to be giving her attention.

About and hour and a half had passed, Kulaan was still outside, the air getting cooler and the village still alive with colors. He wondered what Elaine was doing for so long in Laekins' room, he brushed off the thoughts in his head and tilled his head back on the glass door, his back pressed against the cold glass felt releaving. The candles that were burning were almost not ' usable anymore, which wasn't a problem, Kulaans' secret hobby was making candles out of pure wax and a string, putting designs in them was extremely fun too.

Romantic Lover

User Image

Elaine sighed as she shut Laekin's door. Her expression was one of pure exhaustion, but not from what one might think. The young woman headed back to her own bedroom and straight to the bathroom, hardly pausing to think about where the prince might be or what he'd think about her coming back so late. Instead, Elaine shut the bathroom door and rid herself of the prince's clothes, which now smelled like sweat and sick, since she'd had to clean up Laekin's. Needless to say, she smelled awful and had no intention of tolerating it for another second.

After a nice hot shower, Ellie felt much better. As she toweled off, she looked in the mirror, wincing as she dried her side. Her ribs now boasted an impressive bruise from the blow that Laekin had managed to land before she'd gotten him completely under control. It wasn't his fault, of course, but she could only imagine the fit the fire royal family would throw if they found out. Elaine didn't bruise any easier than the next girl, but to do such a thing to a princess would mean big trouble for Laekin. Especially with how old fashioned this kingdom was.

It took a few minutes for Elaine to realize that she'd rushed in here so quickly that she'd forgotten to grab clothes. She hesitated for a minute before opening the double doors and walking confidently in naught but a towel with her golden hair wet and plastered to her back and water dripping down her shoulders across the room to her drawers. There, she grabbed undergarments and pajamas, which consisted of silk. Frowning, Ellie dug around until she found something from her own kingdom: an old cotton shirt that was much too big for the princess. It was her father's, but she'd taken it when she was younger. It used to help her sleep when her father was far away on war business.

Ellie retreated back to the bathroom to don her clothes before emerging from the bathroom and making her way to the bed. In a completely unprincess like move, she flopped down on the bed, enjoying the feel of the cool blankets and sighed heavily. It wasn't long before she'd fallen asleep atop the covers, wet hair splayed out about her. Ellie was bound to get a cold if she kept going to bed without drying it first.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff