Welcome to Gaia! ::

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBump in the Night
when the monster under the bed returns...

User Image

a private roleplay between Square Lemon & Alcoholic Alien
[center][img]malformed url[/img]
[color=POSTING COLOR][strike][size=21][color=silver][b]Full Name[/b][/color][/size][/strike][/color]
[size=24][color=white]xxxxxxxxxxxx[/color][color=silver][u][color=POSTING COLOR][b]Nickname[/b][/color][/u][/color][/size][/center]

[center][b][size=16][color=silver]Age[/color][/size][/b][/center]
[size=16][color=white]xxxxxxxxxx[/color][b][color=POSTING COLOR]•[/color][/b] [color=silver]Personality trait[/color]

[color=white]xxxxxxxxxx[/color][b][color=POSTING COLOR]•[/color][/b] [color=silver]Personality trait[/color]

[color=white]xxxxxxxxxx[/color][b][color=POSTING COLOR]•[/color][/b] [color=silver]Personality trait[/color]

[color=white]xxxxxxxxxx[/color][b][color=POSTING COLOR]•[/color][/b] [color=silver]Personality trait[/color] [/size]

[center][b][size=16][color=silver]Username[/color][/size][/b][/center]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Yue Ima
xxxxxxxxxxxxThe Boogieman

As endless as the shadows.

xxxxxxxxxx Timid

xxxxxxxxxx Protective

xxxxxxxxxx Misunderstood

xxxxxxxxxx Lonely

Square Lemon
User Image
Madeline Charlotte O'Hera
xxxxxxxxxxxxMaddie

xxxxxxxxxx Quiet

xxxxxxxxxx Inwardly sarcastic

xxxxxxxxxx Ready to please

xxxxxxxxxx Too nice

Alcoholic Alien
[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXp o o r[x]l i t t l e[x]m a d d i e

User Image

Walking quickly along the streets of the city at night was on it's own a quite frightening experience. You never knew what could be hidden within the dark alleys, especially at this end of town. Some called it the slums. Others the ghetto. Basically, it was dangerous and creepy and Maddie sure as Hell didn't like it.

She had almost reached the bar when she thought she heard footsteps behind her. She jumped and squeeled just a bit, before looking behind her and seeing nothing but a skinny, stray dog. Sighing softly, she hurried into the alley that led to the back door of the bar she worked at.

Little did she know, that from every shadow, the eyes of many monsters watched her intently.
                                                    ---

Maddie rushed into the bar with a flurry of apologies at the bartender who's shift was before hers and who had been waiting around for her to take over for the past fifteen minutes. "I'm so sorry," she said, quickly wrapping her apron around her waist. "I took a nap and I guess I didn't hear the alarm."

"Yeah," said the annoyed black girl who's name she didn't even know. "I'm late for my college class, again." The girl flung off her apron and disappeared through the swinging doors that led to the storage room behind the bar.

"Madeline," came a voice at the end of the bar. Maddie looked up and smiled at the old man who came in every night for two glasses of gin and one glass of whiskey. Mr. MacNeil was his name and, though quiet and withdrawn, he was a sweet old man.

"Coming right up Mr. MacNeil," she said kindly, filling up a glass of gin and placing it in front of him.

User Image

[ÿυε] [ιмa]

thє dαrknєss... ít sσσthєs mє...

Shadows cast by the many buildings blocking what few street lights lit in the city morphed into hellish figure shapes, light and dark had a funny way of playing together like that. The shadow cast by the briskly walking red head disrupted one of said corner of darkness with her own dark figure, morphing it with hers for the second it had past by. From the darkness, a black silhouette slowly rise out of the darkened pavement as if it were water, rippling at his advancing form, until he was completely above ground.
Gasping quietly, the figure lifted it's hand to his chest, as if the transition from darkness had taken his very ability to breathe. Lifting it's head, light flickered on Yue's face, his raven mane of hair tossed messily around the frame of his face, catching a glimpse at the red head before she walked off towards an alleyway. Looking as she passed by sheepishly he felt his feet moving for him, slowly but surely following closely behind the the girl he once protected. She probably can't even see me...

As the female slowed, and turned her body to face him he made a light gasping noise and quickly back stepped into the shadows. She seemed to play it off as if the appearing frail dog had did it, and he sighed with relief. Taking a look to the side he narrowed his eyes at the lustful beasts to his sides and merely waved one hand nonchalantly. The quiet screams of the creatures filled the area as they were forced back whence they came. "I don't think so."
With that, he slunk into the bar, phasing through the door like a hologram, before standing at the entrance. His back nearly pressed against the door. He shifted his gaze over all the faces, not even noticing his presence then turned his attention to the red head at hand. Maddie...they used to call her.

xoxoxoвυτ ḋøṉ'τ αṉģεɾ ṃε, ρlεαṡε...

User Image

It wasn't a particularly busy night. Probably because it was a weeknight and most would be at work still or at home with their families. But there were a few regulars drinking, smoking, and playing pool in the corners. There were a group of men surrounded the place at the bar that was closest to the television, making bets on their favorite teams and watching the game.

But other than the rambunctious sports fanatics it was a relatively quiet night. And so it shoudl have been normal. But there was just something... off about tonight. Somethin was just... different. There were times when she thought she could feel breath at her neck though she knew that wasn't possible considering she was the only one bartending tonight. Other times she just felt watched when she knew she wasn't. There was just something wrong...

User Image

[ÿυε] [ιмa]

Yue followed the red headed female's every move, yearning to let her know he even existed. He always watched her from the shadows, and he was getting tired of hiding. Even if they could only meet once...
Disbanding the thoughts, he reached out to touch her hair, his pale fingertips brushing softly against a few strands. How he wished she could even communicate with him, maybe for a moment. Remembering how forbidden it was to even think such things, he pulled back his hand and took a few steps back, sitting down in the shadow cast by the bar, now watching her work from behind, his arms rested upon his knees. His head in his hands.
Content with just watching her up close for now, he waited patiently as the last of the men left, and it was time to close up. Looking around he noticed how late it had gotten, and that the area seemed devoid of life, other then their own. He lifted his head to look up at the female, the black mark across his face contrasting with dark brown eyes; which shown almost brightly in the dark. Not that it mattered. No one could see him anyways.

User Image

It was possibly the strangest night she'd ever had at the bar. But she pretended it was normal.

When the last of the customers had left, Maddie began to clean up after them and lock up. She'd just locked the door and was headed back to the counter with an armful of glasses, when she thought she heard a sound and one of the glasses sliped to the ground, shattering. "Damn," she growled under her breath, forgetting the noise for now and grabbing the broom to clean up the glass scattered across the floor.

She'd just swept it all up into a dustpan and was turning around to dump it into the garbage can when she saw him.

She gasped and the dustban slipped out of her hand. "Oh my god..." she whispered. It was... him. He was here. He was really, truly here....

User Image

[ÿυε] [ιмa]

Watching as she worked he couldn't help a small smile from appearing on his face. It quickly faded though as a glass slipped from her grasp, he wished to reach out and catch it but only watched in shock as it feel; muttering an apology in his head. Since it was his fault it had fallen free from her in the first place.
He began to stand up as she went to go get cleaning supplies, brushing his darkened pants off from dust. Readying to leave her once again, but was taken aback by hearing the dustban thud on the floor. Lifting his face up to see what had happened he had locked eye contact with the female. "...U-uhhn..."
Letting out a stuttered breath he blinked, then turned his head, to see if she was staring at something behind him, being usually transparent to those who were older. Seeing nothing of interest he turned back to look at her, blinking once more. He did not know how to respond, not even quite sure if she was looking at him.

User Image

Maddie just couldn't stop staring. She had never, ever seen his face, during her long childhood with him haunting the shadows beneath her bed. But she knew his pressence. She could never forget it. How could she? She'd sensed it every night till she was eleven. And it had scared the bejeesus out of her.

The boogieman.

Maddie clung to the broom, as though she could use it as a weapon. "What are you doing here?" she asked sharply, not even sure if this was a halucination or not. "What do you want?"

((Hmmm... now's probably not the best time to tell you this but... I'm going to be gone till late on the 29th. Family holiday vacation in Disneyland and Las Vegas. We're leaving at three in the morning. My plan however is to sneak the laptop into my bag and pray to god that the hotels have free internet. But if that doesn't end up working, just know that I'm not abandoning you. I'm just gone. SORRY! D; ))

User Image

[ÿυε] [ιмa]

Yue stood upright slowly, blinking as she stared at him. He had never had anyone make eye contact with him, and it made his entire body ridged.
At the defensive way she held onto the broom and questioned him he lifted his hands up, to show he was no threat, "H-hold on now... I'm sorry..." He said quietly, he had hardly ever spoke, and showed by how timid sounding and rough his voice was. He apologized once more before speaking again, "I-...Don't want anything I guess..." He said, still not comprehending that she could actually see...even hear him. But he was lying nonetheless, how could he tell her, this young woman who knew nothing to little of him, that he wished for her companionship? Or some recognition of existent? He couldn't. And he would not.

[[ooc: Aww, but you will be missed. D: ]]

User Image

Maddie stared. For the longest time that was all she did.

He was... real. Or he might as well be. Years of therapy that she had been pushed into by ehr parents had told her that he wasn't real. That there was just no possible way that he could be. He was a figment of her imagination. He didn't exist. But here he was before her. Real. And tangible. Or... at least she assumed the latter.

The broom slipped form her grasp as she suddenly moved forward on impulse. She reached out her hand, and felt a chest. A real, solid chest. Her hand wandered up, almost caressing, touching his arm, his shoulder, his neck, and then his jawline. He... existed. He wasn't a halucination. He was here and he was real.

She raised her grey eyes to him and stared for the longest time, barely even aware of the fact that an impulse had made her touch him and still touch him now.

He didn't feel dangerous or scary. He felt... dark. But she wasn't afraid of him. Not like she had been when she was a child. He wasn't a threat to her. "Why are you here?" she asked softly.

User Image

[ÿυε] [ιмa]

As the red head stared at him he couldn't help but gulp quietly, not sure how she would react, but braced for some sort of impact that the broom would surely give him. Hearing the cleaning utensil clang to the floor made him him gasp silently in shock.
Her hand was warm against his blatantly cold, pale skin, and the sudden touch caused him to flinch, figuring he would have been hit. Realizing it was not an abusive touch, he allowed to her feel him, mostly from being too taken aback to react to anything. His life had went from not being seen, to suddenly being felt, almost friendly. It was strange....
As she left her hand on his face he felt nervous, but did not understand the feeling. Still on edge about possibly being stricken. "...I wanted to see you.." He admitted, his voice hardly audible.

User Image

He was nervous. She could sense it within him. She didn't understand why. He was the Boogieman here. It was almost amusing and she found that a small smile was playing on her lips.

Her hand moved of it's own accord, caressing the side of his face gently. She just continued to stare up at him in wonder. He was here, she kept thingking. He was actually here and he was real. Completely real!

"You were my monster," she said, more as a statement than a question. Biting her lip she asked, "Why did you want to see me?"

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces