Romantic Explorer

User Image
A Private Rp
Broadway Diva x Stage Manager
For

StRaiGhTJaCk3T F33Lin && Arnai

Profile Layout:

[align=center][img]insert image here[/img][/align]

[color=color#1][size=14]✗This is the first line of my birth certificate✗[/size][/color] [color=#6E6A6B][size=11]❝Insert Name Here❞[/size][/color]
[color=Color#2][size=14]✗I prefer to be called✗[/size][/color] [color=#6E6A6B][size=11]❝Insert Nickname Here❞[/size][/color]
[color=color#1][size=14]✗I'm pretty old, would you believe I'm✗[/size][/color] [color=#6E6A6B][size=11]❝Insert Age Here❞[/size][/color]
[color=color#2][size=14]✗This is who I am✗[/size][/color] [color=#6E6A6B][size=11]❝Role❞[/size][/color]
[color=color#1][size=14]✗People say different things, I say✗[/size][/color] [color=#6E6A6B][size=11]❝A quote for your character❞[/size][/color]

Romantic Explorer

User Image

✗This is the first line of my birth certificate✗ ❝Isabella Marie Tucker❞
✗I prefer to be called✗ ❝Bella❞
✗I'm pretty old, would you believe I'm✗ ❝Twenty-One❞
✗This is who I am✗ ❝The Broadway Diva❞
✗People say different things, I say✗ ❝It takes hard work to get to the top, unless you have skills like mine.❞
User Image

✗This is the first line of my birth certificate✗ ❝Michael Kain❞
✗I prefer to be called✗ ❝Mike❞
✗I'm pretty old, would you believe I'm✗ ❝22❞
✗This is who I am✗ ❝Stage Manager❞
✗People say different things, I say✗ ❝Nothing worth having is handed to you on a silver platter.❞

Romantic Explorer

User Image
Isabella Marie Tucker

∞∞∞∞
For Who Could Ever Learn to Love A Beast?

Once upon a time, in a faraway land, a young prince lived in a shining castle. Although he had everything his heart desired, the prince was spoiled, selfish, and unkind. But then, one winter's night, an old beggar woman came to the castle and offered him a single rose in return for shelter from the bitter cold. Repulsed by her haggard appearance, the prince sneered at the gift and turned the old woman away. But she warned him not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within. And when he dismissed her again, the old woman's ugliness melted away to reveal a beautiful enchantress. The prince tried to apologize, but it was too late, for she had seen that there was no love in his heart. And as punishment, she transformed him into a hideous beast and placed a powerful spell on the castle and all who lived there. Ashamed of his monstrous form, the beast concealed himself inside his castle, with a magic mirror as his only window to the outside world. The rose she had offered was truly an enchanted rose, which would bloom until his 21st year. If he could learn to love another, and earn her love in return by the time the last petal fell, then the spell would be broken. If not, he would be doomed to remain a beast for all time. As the years passed, he fell into despair and lost all hope. For who could ever learn to love a beast?

"Where's Tony? He's late and he has to get his make-up done!" A shorter woman demanded from the center of a well lit room.

"Bella, relax, he's just around the corner. The show can start a few minutes late. This is Broadway after all." A mousy woman with her red hair in a tight bun said, tucking a cell phone into her pocket.

"I don't care, there's a critic coming to this show and so help me if Tony ruins it." The shorter brunette woman said, turning to look at herself in the mirror. She pinched at non-existent fat and smoothed down the material of her white tanktop. A nervous habit of her's.

The other woman moved over to her and looked at her from the mirror. "Breathe, would you like more coffee or something to eat?" She asked, summoning a crew hand that had just come in to tell them once Beast's make-up was done Belle's would be next up.

Bella ran a hand through her hair and paced around some. "Fresh lemon tea. One sugar packet and a slice of lemon on the side." She mumbled, looking at the man who'd just been allowed to enter the room.

The crew member spoke quickly but didn't look at Bella. He'd already learned about her getting angry at crew members. "The make-up crew will be here soon and the costumes that were cleaned are going to be brought over in a few minutes, Ariel." He said to the red headed woman.

She nodded and smiled. "Good. If you're not too busy could you go get that tea, please?" She was pleasant about it but they both knew it needed done and Ariel couldn't do it. She was one of those select people who could train the true beast of the show. "And ask Mike if he talked to the light booth about the spot lights. They seemed off on the earlier show." She added, wanting to do something worthwhile if she was sending someone off to do a stupid job for Bella.

With a nod, the crew member left and Bella spoke up soon after. "Oh, Ariel. This critic could make me or break me. Well, I've already made it but he could take it away." She said as she plopped down on her make-up chair. She brought herself closer to the mirror and wiped away some stray eyeliner from the last show. Sweat had removed the rest of it for her but she wanted to make sure everything was perfect for the make-up crew. Taking a make-up wipe from a nearby container, she started wiping away any other excess from her face.

"Bella, you'll do fine. This morning's show was quite amazing. You always get better after the first go around of the day."
                                  She spoke confidently as she seated herself in a chair near the door. She was an old member of the crew but after Bella's name hit it big, she'd gotten the 'privilage' of being Bella's personal assistant. In reality, Bella wanted her off the crew but not fired because she liked her. It had given her a pay raise so she didn't complain and the work wasn't that bad. It was just the attitude the girl had sometimes. That had even gotten better toward her since she'd started. She missed being a part of the crew but said nothing of it to anyone.

"Sure." Bella mumbled. The make-up crew cutting off anymore conversation.

[[Woot, I stole the beginning of the post from the beginning of 'Beauty and the Beast'. I figured we should start it before she freaks at a crew member but that will come soon.]]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image
>>> "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."<<<

"Honestly?"

"Well... You know... That's what you get when you wake me up so early..."

"Well if Bella catches you then it's your head." There really was not anything he could do. Isabella was going to go crazy and, eventually, someone was going to get fired. So long as it was someone other than him then everything would be fine. "So I suggest you hide up here and book it as soon as the show is over." With that he left the lighting booth, hoping and praying that for once things would go right. It always seemed that Isabella had something to nitpick at, meaning that it was just more work for him. Oh well, nothing could be done about it.

Every time he walked by someone on the crew he gave a wave and a cheerful greeting. So long as the one in charge was happy then it always seemed to pass to everyone else. Well, almost everyone. Really they would only be happy so long as they chose to be. This was Broadway, though! How could people not be happy to be here? It seemed as though everyone forgot how to live and let be and instead worried about their careers, if they would have a job for the next show. Probably not, based on the way the actors and actresses were, but that was just the way things were. Enjoy things while you could and do not worry about the future.

"Dave!" The stage hand was walking by with a plate holding a glass. He seemed nervous. "Going to see Bella, I assume?"

Dave turned around and looked at Mike, grinning. "You know, you're just about the only one besides her assistant that calls her that."

"Yeah, well, I try to be personal with people that I work with." Michael paused for a moment. "Don't you dare crack a joke."

Dave laughed. "Did you talk to the lighting guy?"

"Yeah, hopefully he'll stay awake this time. Here, I'll take that to Little Miss Princess." Mike took the plate from Dave and clapped him on the shoulder. "Just go do your job, alright?" Dave nodded and ran off, obviously happy to have a reason to not go see the actress again.

Mike walked towards the dressing rooms, making sure not to spill a single drop of the liquid inside the glass. One little bit missing and Isabella would have a conniption. Soon enough he reached the door to her room. "Knock knock." He peeked inside before entering. "For the star," he said, putting the glass down on the table in front of Isabella. "Hopefully it's to your liking?"

"Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. "
User ImageUser Image

Romantic Explorer

User Image
Isabella Marie Tucker

∞∞∞∞

The make-up artists smiled when all was done. They'd be back when she needed the transformation from town Belle to ballgown Belle but they were pleased. With a last touch to the rouge on her lips, they turned her to the mirror. A smile appeared over her well toned features and a hand moved over the hand like it was magic. One would have thought this was a good thing but her hands stopped on her rosey cheeks and things went wrong there. "My cheeks look like I just pushed raspberry's against them and rubbed it in! They're brighter than my cheeks! Do you think Belle is a hooker?" She screeched at them. They looked at each other while she yelled. They weren't sure what to think.

"Bella, relax. We'll just put a little more powder over it to dull it down. Somebody probably just didn't realize how pale a complexion you have." Ariel said from the other side of the room. A wave from her sent them to putting powder over the girl's overly rosy cheeks. A look from the main artist was sent to Ariel thanking her. She shrugged and watched as the girl was turned around again.

An angry expression was set on her face and it was hardly a surprise when she spoke, "It's not perfect but it'll have to do. Is Tony here?" Bella turned to Ariel, looking serious. A nod was all she needed to start complaining again. "Well get going or Gaston is never going to be ready!" She said. Her eyes followed them out the door. She looked at herself in the mirror and waited. Frustration was set on her face but she didn't bother speaking in those few moments before Mike entered.

Bella didn't bother to look away from the mirror until she was asked a question. More crew, except Mike was in charge of them. She had to have some sort of respect for him that she didn't for the others. Maybe because he seemed to have a brain for what he was doing. Running a hand over her hair she forced a smile. Before she could speak, Ariel butted in, probably trying to give the other female more time to relax. "Oh, Michael. I was just about to send someone out for you." She said, standing up and smoothing her skirt. She felt like a business woman more than she felt like an assistant.

Bella took a sip from the glass and smiled. "It could be sweeter but I guess this is for the better. I wouldn't want to crack in the middle of a song or something." She mumbled, setting the glass down. Wardrobe was brought in then and the hair stylist with it. Things were on the go. It didn't phase her when the man came at her hair with a brush.

She kept speaking as if it was just a normal everyday thing, which it was for her. "Did you talk to that idiot up in the light booth? If the critic would have been at that show this morning everything would have went down for this musical except the little kids coming to see Belle. They don't understand critics thankfully so I'd still have a job for a while but we'd lose any adult audience we have." She said, raising the glass to her lips again. She was careful not to smudge her red lips.

User Image
>>> "Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first."<<<

Mike smiled. "Well as soon as the show's over then I'll personally go get you something sweeter, alright? Reward for a job that I know will be well done." Maybe that was not the best thing to say, but maybe it was exactly what Isabella needed to hear. She was always worried about critics, about not having a job the next day. Well it was obvious that she would be great. Sure she was a pain in the butt, but she was one of the best that could be gotten. It was amazing that someone from Hollywood had not snapped her up yet, although it was just a matter of time. Who would he get then for all of the main female leads?

"The lighting this morning shouldn't happen again, don't worry about it. That's what we get when we have 3 a.m. lighting checks, not to mention his kid kept him up all night." Isabella would probably go off on him for making excuses. It was not an excuse, it was the truth. Oh well, if she could not be sympathetic towards anyone but herself that was her problem. That was why he was there, after all. Keep everyone in line, listen to their problems and try to help. That was pretty much all he ever did and all he ever had to do. Everything else was up to all the other crew members.

How could she still be worried about the critic? She had already done a fantastic show that morning, and she was nervous about it now? No, she did not seem nervous. More like she was just looking for a reason to complain when things were not perfect. "Relax about the critic. He's not one of the best out there, hardly anyone ever reads his reviews. Besides..." Mike moved around to behind Isabella, looking at her in the mirror. "With your performance I'd be surprised if he didn't write us the best review ever given." Anything to keep her calm and shut her mouth at that point. Minutes from when the show would begin the last thing they wanted was for her to go off on a rampage and ruin everyone's moods. Unhappy actors led to a bad performance.

Sighing quietly, he backed away and looked over at Ariel. "I guess I'd better go check on everyone else. I'll come back later to see if you guys need anything, alright?" Mike walked out the door, watching as people pushed around, trying to finish their last-minute preparations. It was always a madhouse right before the show; there was always something that people seemed to have forgotten to do while they had time.

"Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact. "
User ImageUser Image

Romantic Explorer

User Image
Isabella Marie Tucker

∞∞∞∞

Isabella smiled at Mike as he spoke. He always seemed to make her feel better about things like this. She didn't like the thought of the lights getting away with some mistake like that but he'd already said he'd get her something sweet and she didn't turn down sweets. Then he fluffed her ego and she couldn't help but just smile more proudly. He was right about the critic but she still felt that familiar unease. She knew people didn't like her on the set but that was fine. She'd realized that the production was always full. With an audience like that who could afford to let her go. It wasn't like she was the most expensive actress on Broadway. For a lead, she felt underpaid. Yet, she didn't complain. This was still better than being a back-up. As he was leaving, she turned to him, tugging the hands of the hairdresser with her. "Thank you, Mike. Bye!" She said happily.

The hair dresser turned her around and worked at the bow in her hair. He watched her face and added some last touches with hairspray when she smiled. Ariel noticed this but turned to Michael contently. "I'll be sure the beast is ready." She said as he walked out the door. Bella didn't catch on so she chuckled and played with her phone happily.

Bella stood from her chair and drank the tea contently. She turned to her wardrobe and smiled as she shood the man from the room. He seemed content when she spoke to him. "You seem to know what you're doing. It's like I hoped." He bowed out and closed the door behind him. Her hands moved over the glossy upper fabric of the blue dress and the beautiful white fabric of her sleeves and collar. This was nothing compared to the puffy yellow dress but the beauty in the simplicity amazed her. Seeing that Ariel had already gone off to see how much longer it was until the show, she stripped down to the bare minimum for the dress.

It was slid over her perfect curves and she buttoned what buttons she could while she waited for Ariel to slide back in. She looked at herself in the mirror and twirled once. She felt like a princess in this dress. Her hands smoothed down the wrinkles in the apron and she just smiled happily. A knocking at her door made her spin to greet the person. A beast appeared at first but he was only Jacob, the stunt beast. He entered when the prince stumbled out. He didn't need to say a word before coming to help her button her dress. He'd seen more woman just walking here that were less dressed than her so this was nothing for him. "Isabella, mon petit cherie, you are radiant today. Do you feel like a princess?" This sent them both into a fit of laughter. He was a friend in the cast. Probably because he was gay but that was what every show girl needed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces