Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obsessive Dabbler

Kit leaned back against the bed, sighing. "They're just upset that she split them up. But you're right, they need to watch themselves. It's not safe here." She knew that Eli wanted to tell her that it was a safe place, but she didn't feel safe. She wished they could still be in the safehouse.

Ice-Cold Hunter

"It's safer in here than it is out there." In the desert without protection. Any place was better than being above ground, out in the open for the government to find. He'd rather face his sister than face the virus and huge bombs and tanks. "Just give me time and I'll have us out of here."

Obsessive Dabbler

"I know you will," Kit nodded, closing her eyes. "Hopefully, nothing else will go wrong while we're here." She didn't want any more fights- she didn't want to have to negotiate with Nadya all over again, it made her nervous. "When's Isaac's computer coming in?"

Ice-Cold Hunter

"It should be here in two days." Eli sighed. It was taking its sweet time getting there. He wanted to start preparations now, damn it. Not wait a whole two days. But without that computer, Isaac couldn't do anything. Perhaps two days would be enough time for everything to simmer down. "It couldn't come soon enough."

Obsessive Dabbler

"Two days isn't bad." Kit was quiet for a few minutes. Even if Isaac did get preparations in place, even if he did everything he promised, it would take months to get things ready for them to leave. "It's still going to be awhile, after that."

Ice-Cold Hunter

Eli didn't want to think about how long it would take once they started. He just wanted to get it done. And, it would get done without any problems if his whole team just did as they were told until they could get out. He didn't need to have Isaac and Sunshine pulling this stunt again. "It won't be long. I promise."

Obsessive Dabbler

Kit rolled over, wrapping herself around him securely and nestling her head on his chest. "Everything will go alright," she agreed quietly. "..Have you talked to Nadya about Leyla and Ravid? I don't think she'd take well to another surprise."

Ice-Cold Hunter

"No, I haven't. I don't think I need to. They're on their best behavior, and nothing's going on between them. I won't have to worry about Nadya finding them in bed together when they've been slacking off." Eli sighed, wrapping an arm around his wife. "Leyla's too concerned about training to be distracted with that." He knew the girl had a thing for Ravid, but no one had acted on it yet. He hoped it stayed that way.

Obsessive Dabbler

"And Ravid's too timid to do anything," Kit finished, relaxing when he held her closer. This was definitely her favorite place to be. "Sunshine says he'd do just about anything on her account, so I don't think you'll have to worry about training them. You can talk Leyla into anything, and apparently, all you have to do to make Ravid do something is tell him Leyla would like it." Ravid certainly wouldn't be training otherwise.

"I think I'm getting better," Leyla laughed uneasily, parking the car. She knew she wasn't as fluid as Ravid, yet, but she was getting better, faster. It wasn't like she'd been a bad driver before. Ravid was giving her some tips. "Think we can call it off for today?"

Ice-Cold Hunter

Ravid smiled just as uneasily. Leyla still had a long way to go until she was at Ravid's level, but he could tell she was improving. She hadn't all the experience he did with driving, after all. She was more of a leader type rather than one of the grunts who did everything she commanded of them. "If you're ready to stop, we can." He'd let her take the lead, as usual.

Obsessive Dabbler

As long as she'd made improvement, Leyla felt like she was doing her job. She didn't think anyone expected her to be great at everything- good was good enough, for now, and she was very good at some things. "Let's stop," she decided. "Eli's going to make us go back to the normal course tomorrow, so we might as well make the best of our last 'day off'." She had to admit, it was a little disappointing that Ravid had still been so uneasy around her. They hadn't mentioned the kiss, and certainly it hadn't happened again.

Much to her dismay.

Ice-Cold Hunter

Ravid nodded in agreement and stepped out of the car once they'd parked. He wasn't looking forward to going back into the field training, but he'd support Leyla. And he wouldn't cause any trouble by not going. Eli had already warned them when they'd been at the medical bay to check on Sunshine.

"You're getting better." Ravid told her as he walked beside Leyla out of the garage. "You haven't crashed."

Obsessive Dabbler

"I didn't crash to begin with," Leyla smiled back at him playfully, taking his hand. This was habit, now, and she was glad he seemed alright with this much. "My dad would've had my skin if I'd crashed one of his cars."

Ice-Cold Hunter

Ravid smiled. He knew she hadn't crashed ever, but it was good that she kept up that streak. The harder the courses got, the more of a chance there was that she'd crash. So far she'd done well. He squeezed her hand lightly, keeping it in his. Her hand was always warm.

"Well, if you crash any of these cars, I'm sure Eli will do the same." He smiled.

Obsessive Dabbler

"Probably," Leyla nodded, laughing a little before she reached up to smooth out Ravid's hair with her free hand. "You know, I could just have you drive me around. We'd get everywhere much faster." Leyla didn't dare push the speed that much yet- if Ravid wasn't so smooth with the controls, she was sure riding with him would be terrifying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff