Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obsessive Dabbler

"In here." Leyla ushered him into the closest room, sitting him down on a cot and watching him briefly. "If you're going to be sick, keep it in the bin," she instructed, leaning against the wall and rubbing her face. She did feel badly that he was ill. "Why don't you lie down, and I'll get some water for you." Unfortunately, the only room with an empty bed had been hers, which meant she wasn't going to be getting much sleep after all, unless she moved into the hallway. With the addition of her group to Eli's, spaces had filled up quickly.

It was probably just as well. She could keep an eye on him this way.

Fashionable Rogue

Ravid laid down on the bed with a groan. He curled up slightly on his side and held his stomach. His body began to convulse a bit, and when he couldn't hold it in any longer, he reached for the bin and tapped on his mask to open the lower half, revealing only his mouth. Then he emptied all the contents of his stomach into the bin, shaking from the pain and the spasms that came along with it.

"God...is there a bathroom around here?"

Obsessive Dabbler

Leyla slid open what had looked like a closet door to reveal a tiny bathroom, which really wasn't any larger than a closet. There was a small sink, and a toilet, and a shower head on the ceiling- once the door shut, the entire room became a shower, the water draining through the floor. "If you think you can handle getting up," she answered as she walked into the hallway to go get him a glass of water. At the very least, she didn't have to worry about him wandering around the place.

Fashionable Rogue

Ravid stumbled into the bathroom and slammed the door shut behind him. His bowels and stomach were not doing so hot right now, and it was clear each time he groaned and whined behind the door while doing his business. It was a bad time to be so sick, and he was only glad that he'd gotten out of his situation when he did.

When he finally finished, he'd put his mask and suit back on, keeping his identity secret that much longer. He moved like a ghost as he went back to bed and fell into it.

Obsessive Dabbler

Leyla put a glass of water on the small table by his cot when she came back, then climbed into her own cot, fully clothed, and watched him intently for about an hour before she fell asleep herself. She didn't sleep well, admittedly, or for very long. There was still some concern that Ravid would hit her upside the head or smother her in her sleep.

Fashionable Rogue

All night long Ravid was up, going back and forth between bed and the bathroom. He occasionally took more of the pills that the doctor had given him for his indigestion. She'd told him they were strong, and boy had she not been kidding.

In the morning, Elijah poured himself a cup of hot coffee, a rare drink nowadays, but he had his resources. He looked up to see Ravid walk into the control room like zombie. He must've not seen the desk in front of him, for he knocked into it and almost tripped over the chair that sat behind him. Elijah sighed, taking a sip of his hot drink.

Obsessive Dabbler

Leyla was trailing after Ravid, looking as if she'd had a rough night herself- and with her roommate being up and down at all hours, she probably hadn't gotten much sleep. When he tripped into the desk, she just shook her head, dropping into her chair with a groan and rubbing her face. "Ravid," she said with practiced patience. "Please sit down." Before he broke something expensive. "I'd like to hear more about what you think you can help us with, if you don't mind." She wasn't sure he was sober enough to construct complete sentences.

Fashionable Rogue

Ravid sat, though it took him a moment or two to get his bearings enough to make it into a chair successfully. He leaned back and took a few deep breaths before looking at both Elijah and Leyla. "I...I have skills." He nodded, groaning at the headache he had.

"So we've heard." Elijah commented.

"I can use...a-a gun." Ravid nodded. He picked up a small writing utensil next to him, but ended up fumbling with it and dropping it to the floor.

Obsessive Dabbler

Leyla bit back a soft laugh. She wouldn't trust this man with a loaded gun. She wasn't sure he wouldn't end up being more of a hindrance than a help, in that scenario. "Are you always like this?," she ventured, glancing at Eli with a hint of a smile on her face. "You seem a little, ah, uncertain of yourself." He'd been tripping and fumbling since he'd gotten here.

Fashionable Rogue

Ravid shook his head before resting it on the desk next to him. His head was pounding from all the medicine he'd had to take throughout the night. "No, I really can use a gun..." He held his stomach as another wave of nausea hit him.

Eli raised a brow at the masked man. "So far you're proving to be useless and hazardous. You're one broken computer away from getting your a** kicked back outside."

Ravid lifted his head and held up his hands pleadingly. "I can do better...as soon as I recover, I'll be useful."

Obsessive Dabbler

Leyla considered Ravid for a moment. She didn't have much faith in him presently, but maybe he would be able to change her mind. As long as he stuck to that stupid mask, it would be awkward, but she wouldn't mind seeing some of Eli's feathers ruffled by having this level of clumsiness in his home. "Let's give you a couple weeks," she decided. If Eli said she was in charge, she was going to be in charge- even if it was all a sham.

Fashionable Rogue

Now she was on board? Since when? Eli gave Leyla a quick glance before he looked away and focused on his smoke stick. Perhaps she was beginning to learn the game. Well then, he was ready for her every move from then on.

Ravid sighed heavily in relief. "Thank you. You won't...regret it." He suddenly stood up and ran back to the bathroom, knocking into the various desks on his way back into the long corridor.

Obsessive Dabbler

"I haven't seen someone throw up that much since one of my girls got pregnant," Leyla observed, amused, settling back in her chair. She was playing her own games- early that morning, she'd sent Isaac into town to hunt something down. "I don't think he can get much worse. If nothing else, he's pretty solidly drugged right now." There had to be something more polished up under those meds.

Fashionable Rogue

"His body's just getting rid of all those toxins." Elijah nodded as he leaned back in his chair with his coffee in one hand, and the smoke stick in the other. "I've had to take those pills on more than one occasion. He's lucky they work so well." He took a long drag before sipping on the hot drink.

"Your techie's been gone all morning. Not getting into trouble, I assume." He glanced over at Leyla.

Obsessive Dabbler

"You didn't seem to like him too well, so I thought I would get him out of your hair for awhile," she answered, shrugging. "I sent him out to scout the city a little. I asked him to find a handheld unit for me, something that can detect high levels of virus in the air." If she was going out there again, she wanted to know what she was getting into ahead of time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff