• Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xxxxAlexis Maria Cartwright
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

Anyone can fall to corruption
- - -

Alexis sat in the car and thought for a moment about a place they could got to have lunch. "There is a cafe right over here that is pretty good," she suggested and pointed to where it was. She noticed how nice it was for the first time outside and realized they could sit at the outside tables if they weren't all taken. "Would you mind if we sat outside?" she asked him and looked over as he drove.

It was also easier for them to see her if she was outside or by a window then they never actually had to leave their cars and could just drive by. It was odd how much she had to change to make things easier for the authority in the town.

Maybe it's (CHILDISH) and maybe it's (WRONG)xx
══════════════════════════════ ═ ═ ═ ═

» Status: Healthy
                                                                          » Thoughts: ...
                                                                          » Location: Home
                                                                          » Feelings: Entertained
                                                                          » OOC: Would you mind if you played him?
    [/list

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image His Royal Highness, The Demon Prince

"And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations." Revelation 13:7

Jason directed his car into the cafe's parking lot and carefully stopped in an empty space. "Of course! We can sit wherever you'd like." He opened her door for her and then led them up to the waiter. He requested the outdoor table and was led to one by a college-age boy. The demon pulled out Alexis's chair for her while the waiter set out the menus and silverware.

"Can I start you off with some drinks or appetizers?" He asked them when the table was set.

"Just water for me." Jason responded. The waiter glanced over at Alexis expectantly.

Jason's phone buzzed and he surreptitiously glanced at the message from Matthias.

The authorities have sent two agents to watch your chosen one.

Well, that was interesting. Why would they be coming back? Matthias probably knew by now, but Jason would not get to look at the reports until later that night. Alexis must have had some interesting secrets.

"So. It must be nice to have a mother that gives you so much freedom. Are both your parents like that or is the doctor the strict one?"

"Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit." Revelation 18:2

((Sure. It'll be fun to be both sides. It might take me a little while to create the character though.))

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kiyoku Kurisaku
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis looked at the waiter and said, "I will have just a water as well." The waiter nodded then walked off with their orders. When Jason asked about her parents she sort of shrugged and said, "Well they don't exactly just give me freedom, I earned their trust enough to where they don't worry. My father trusts me but he does wonder how long I will be gone or where I am going. Mother on the other hand just wants to know when I am going." She smiled and out of the corner of her eye saw the cop car, no lights going off but she could feel the eyes on her. In the middle of town they were going to send two so it was only a matter of time before the other passed by.

"So Jason what about your parents? Or family, what are they like?" she asked him curiously. He was going to suspect something eventually based on how the police were always near her in a way. Some people at school sometime noticed it even. The authority were bad at being discreet.

» OOC: It is fine, no need to rush yourself

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

"And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations." Revelation 13:7

"So they're just trusting? That's cool. Good parents." He took a sip from his water and glanced over at the police car as it made rounds. Was she under some sort of house arrest? Had he picked up a juvenile delinquent? She hardly seemed like that sort of person who would do something completely awful willingly--not yet, anyway. He could see her accidently doing something.

Perhaps she had committed a crime in the past and was in some sort of repentance process. A reformed sinner, as it were. That would be wonderful. He would snatch her right back from the heavenly sphere just as she was reentering. Beautiful.

"My family?" He gave a sheepish smile. "It's a bit complicated. My little sister and I just moved in with my uncle. He lives across town. I don't know if you'd know him, he kind of keeps to himself. Patrick Baker?" He paused for a moment for her to not recognize the name and then continued. "My sister's about four. Her name is Bethany but I like to call her Bitsy. Don't ask why." He laughed. "She's a sweetheart. Likes to be the princess."

"Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit." Revelation 18:2

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Kiyoku Kurisaku
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis listened but didn't recognize the name of his uncle, her father could know but then again he only worked with extreme health cases so probably not. She chuckled a bit and asked, "Is she treated like the princess?" Alexis could have been called a princess by anyone who didn't actually know her because of the relationship she had with her parents. If she asked she could have gotten what she wanted but she only asked for a few things and only when there was logical reasoning behind it.

Tha waitress came and brought them their waters and asked if they were ready to order, Alexis thought for a moment and said, "I will take a fruit parfait." Living with a doctor made her a total healthnut, she refused to eat fast food and if she had to it was small things that weren't too unhealthy.

» OOC: It is fine, no need to rush yourself

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

"I wish she'd been treated more like a princess." He responded with a shrug. "I wasn't around all that often in the past few years. Actually, I'm pretty sure she spent the last year in day care. I was at school, Dad was at work, and who knew where mom was. I think she'll turn out okay though, now that Patrick and I are in charge."

Jason raised his eyebrows at her order. "Just a parfait? Come on, you can get whatever you want, as much as you want." For himself he ordered a large sandwich and a side of mozzarella sticks.

When the waiter had left he turned his entire attention on her. "Could I ask you a question? You don't have to answer, if you don't want to. But are you adopted?"

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis smiled and just shook her head, "I am unfortunately a bit of a healthnut." She watched the waiter go off but his next question caught her off guard. Was she adopted? My friends usually can't tell since genetics are so scattered. He must be paying close attention though. Alexis sighed and paused for a moment then smiled a bit and said, "Yes, I am. I want to know what gave me away though." She didn't mind admitting it since she had a typical story to explain how she lost her parents and there was no need to mention her younger sister.

Alexis put her elbows on the table and rested her head on her hands as her fingers were intertwined. She wanted to know what specifically she gave away that told him she was adopted.

» OOC:

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

"Not a crazy chocolate girl, then? I'll have to scratch that off my list was ways to woo you." He gave a dramatic sigh and then grinned at her. "If I dropped a bunch of celery off at your house would I get points?"

Dropping the humorous act, Jason leaned back in his chair and shrugged. "I don't mean to pry. I was just curious. You never have to tell me anything you don't want me to know. I'm no stranger to rough circumstances, and I've got my own share of secrets. Your mother just doesn't seem old enough to have a daughter your age. I mean, sometimes older people with young hearts manage to keep their youth forever and don't look their ages, so I wasn't sure."

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis smiled a bit and nodded , she forgot her mother was only thirty sometimes. Her father was only a few years older, "I always forget about that, I have been living with them for about two or three years now." She stood up straight and crossed her legs under the table and said, "Also you can't use chocolate, and celery doesn't get you points either." Alexis chuckled and tucked some of her hair behind her ear. Alexis smiled at him and took a few sips of her water. She was sort of wondering when the next car would pass by but they probably wanted to leave some time between they check her.

» OOC:

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

"Darn. Your dedication to being a healthy, capable person makes my life harder. You should stop that." Their food arrived. Jason took a hearty bite from his sandwich. He did not really need to eat human food, he subsisted on the sins of humankind, but it was delicious so he ate it anyway. Gluttony was a too often ignored sin. So many wonderful things came from eating what one did not need to. He would need to teach Alexis that. But step by step. He could not get too hasty.

He glanced over as another police car slowly drove past the cafe. How much would she tell him?

"A lot of cop cars in this town. I'll have to be careful about my illicit activities, if they're going to be driving by all the time." Jason made a joke out of it. He had already asked one personal question, it would be best to wait for a while before pushing further.

Somewhere across town, Jason felt a presence appear. Anger and hatred spread through him as he recognized what had come. He barely managed to keep the feelings from his expression.

How dare they send someone to interfere? He would need to have a talk with those idiotic creatures of light.

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis laughed a bit and then started taking bites of her food similing happily at the taste. The fact that it wasn't horribly organic made her happy and it tasted better. She saw the car and ended up locking a short look with the cop inside then quickly took another bite and looked at Jason. His joke had her laughing a bit but she was also a bit nervous for some reason, "Yeah, they really pay close attention to all the activities around, I would be careful." Alexis tried playing along with his joke but didn't know if she actually succeeded. Jason was quick, and smart. He could catch onto her irregularities, her insecurities, It probably stuck out to him..

Alexis took a few bites of her parfait to distract her mind and pay attention to what was currently going on. She started thinking about when she got back home, she would have to study since all her tests were tomorrow.

» OOC:

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100
User Image
The Angel: Dominic Ivanov
User Image

"And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels." Revelation 12:7

"And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people" Revelation 14:66

The proclaimed prince of hell had chosen a target. The higher powers knew that, and they did not want to lose another of their daughters, especially not when it would give the prince so much more power. This could not be allowed.

After a council, the Archangels had decided to send someone to interfere with the demon's plans.

The Archangels themselves could not go. They had other duties they needed to perform and their presence would not have been enough. Neither could they send the cherubim. They were too zealous in their actions. This task would take more subtlety. They could never force the girl to come back to their fold and they could not simply remove the demon. There was an agreement made to allow the temptations to continue for a time. It was a sad thing to watch so many fall away, but the true believers would be shown this way.

But while she must be tempted, the daughter did not need to be alone in the struggle. They would send her help.

The angel they sent appeared on the bustling streets, dressed casually. His blonde hair sat in curls across his brow and his blue eyes stared out at the world in a mixture of sadness and determination.

So many souls drifting away from the holy spheres of their birth. So many losing sight of the love of God. How could they? How could they not see the truth?

The angel was young, but he had served his time on earth and was ready to serve further. The archangels had trusted in him and he would fulfill their expectations to the utmost degree.

He knew where the demon was. They would always know where the other was, opposing sides in their war always did. He would have to make contact with the prince, something he was loathe to do. The Prince was one of the saddest and most hated of the demon legion. The angel did not want to speak with him.

He started to make his way down the street in the direction of the demon and the girl.

"And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:" Revelation 10:11

User Image
"And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory." Revelation 18:1

((I'll make it pretty later. I just wanted to get him up there.))

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Jason did notice her discomfort and insincere laughter, but only because he was looking for it. She was pretty good at hiding her feelings, a skill she had probably developed over a rocky past. Should he point it out or let her go on thinking she had fooled him? He decided on the former, as it would be more entertaining. But he would pretend to misinterpret her reaction. "I was kidding. I don't actually have illicit activities." Not that he would tell her, anyway.

The angel was moving. He would be coming here and would do something stupidly angelic and screw up his chances with Alexis. He wondered what goody goody idiot they had decided was a worthy match for the demon prince.

When he had finished his sandwich, he moved on to the rest of his food and thought hard. He did not want to simply drop Alexis off at home, but she might want to go. He could never force her into anything, it was one of the rules. And the stupid angel was coming. He would try to get close to her as well. If Jason left her alone the angel could move in at any time.

"Do you want to go straight home after this or would you like to go somewhere else?"

Sparkly Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
User Image
xx═ ═ ═ ════════════════

- - -

Alexis finished off her food and pushed the dish to the side away from her. "I didn't think you did, I doubt your totally innocent but I doubt you are a serial killer also." the comment could have been a little ironic but she ignored that thought and gave a smile. He seemed to be in thought but when he asked her about if she wanted to go right home she thought for a moment and said, "I would like to go somewhere else but I have a bunch of things to study for tomorrow, loads of tests in almost all of my classes." There were tons of chapters she still had to cover and notes she had to fix, she was extremely studious and some people said it was a problem.

She checked the time on her phone and saw that school would have been out by now if she had actually gone to school. I know dad wanted to help me with some of my Anthropology college classes. Alexis put the phone in her pocket again and waited for Jason's reply on her wanting to head home.

» OOC:

Chic Lionheart

14,375 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Jason set some money on the table and stood up. The angel was fast approaching. If they were going to talk he would rather Alexis not witness it. Angels liked to say stupid things to screw up his plans. They always told the truth, which never failed to create a mess.

"School's not important." He joked with a smile, before leading her back to the car. He opened the door again for her and glanced around for anyone with a halo. He hoped the one who would come would not be so idiotic as to burst into the scene in an explosion of celestial glory. He was not sure how close to the edge of believing Alexis was yet. That sort of sign would either mean nothing or everything and he would not make that gamble.

"Tell you what, you grab your textbooks and I can take you to this place I found the other day. It's gorgeous. It'll inspire you to greater knowledge acquisition."

He started the car and pulled out onto the road. He headed back in the direction of her house. If she agreed he would send someone to distract the angel for the day. If not, he himself would go and have a word with the heavenly pest.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff