WickedShin's Wife

Beloved Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
User Image

Kiirion grumbled to himself as he navigated the crowded hallways. He had no idea why humans chose to place themselves in clusters about the corridors. Such pathways were designed for passage, yes? Not so people had a place to be in the way. And in the way they were. Kiirion was reduced to shoving and jostling and weaving his way through the damn throngs of humans. Such did not exactly make for dignified movement. He was thankful that none of the Unseelie court were there to see him. That would undoubtedly give them something else to laugh at. Not for the first time, he wished he could simply call upon his magic and blast them all out of the way. But his "guardian," for all intents and purposes, wouldn't like that. Kiirion didn't want to disappoint him... but only because Cadeyrn would make The Face, and Kiirion hated that face. Especially when it was accompanied by The Eyebrows. So Kiirion did not send them all flying.

That didn't mean he couldn't have a little bit of fun, especially because the idiots really were clogging up the hallways. Just a small touch of his magic and a tiny whirl of chaos ensued: lockers slammed on fingers; books and papers fell into piles on the floor; belts frayed and heels snapped off. He left calamity in his wake and chuckled softly to himself, with no one the wiser.

At last, he reached the library. It was the place where the rest of the rabble didn't quite venture. It was cooler in the library, and darker in certain corners. Kiirion made his way towards one of these corners, wanting a few moments to himself before he had to go back out into the day. He pulled his book from the bag over his shoulder and headed for the chair he usually occupied...

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

OOC: Not sure if we wanted pretty posts. Decided to use the same format as the last RP. Let me know if you want more casual. I don't care either way.

Shirtless Bloodsucker

User Image
____The Slutty Princess
The Slutty Princess ________ Niko the incubus

Chase the heathen call
                              We belong, you and I
                              Just don't say it's love!

< — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — >
                              Nikolaus Thanakos, as he liked to call himself, was a great many things. First and foremost he was an incubus. He had been living for over three thousand years. In that lifetime he had fathered, quite accidentally, more than fifty children and was proud to say that he had held a great influence on the growth of a dozen of them. He was fairly rich, most of his wealth residing in the possessions that he'd obtained throughout the years. When the mood was upon him he could even be quite good company. But Niko was by no means mature.

Perhaps that was the main thing helping him pass as a normal, if slightly supernatural, teenager. And pass he was, currently sitting cross-legged in a chair located in a dimly lit corner of the library. His odd sitting position was the only thing ruining the otherwise graceful air about him. A pair of tan leather shoes lay neatly positioned under the short table that he'd pulled over within reach of the chair. There were a variety of history books strewn about on the table, all of the titles related to ancient Greece or ancient Rome. For some reason they were far more interesting to the incubus than the tome that was hardly visible from the open leather shoulder bag.

His nearly hip-length crimson hair was styled in a feminine braid that lay front-facing over his right shoulder, and the sleeves of his white button-down shirt were rolled up to his elbows. He cut the perfect image of a well-dressed, and probably wealthy, student hard at work studying. If not for the mischievous spark in his eyes and the slight upward pull at the corner of his lips.

In actuality, he wasn't studying at all, but using a variety of pastel pens to write amusing things in the margins of the history books. Most of the comments were aimed at specific people, and most of them were true, saying things such as "he unknowingly fell in love with his half sister" or "she had twelve toes". Other similar comments, however, were entirely contrived by the incubus's need for amusement, including but not limited to "the reason he was so private was because he had a birth mark on his forehead that looked like a p***s" and "he once got Alexander so drunk that he willingly slept with a woman".

The notes were hard to read, however, since most of the names were written in their Greek version and his handwriting was so compact and consisting of unnecessary swirls and curves that, without close examination, it was hard to tell that it wasn't quite cursive. Let alone it actually being legible. Clearly the notes were for his own amusement, and amused he was. So much so, actually, that he hardly noticed the fae until he had long since discovered that the incubus was sitting in one of his favorite chairs.

Unnaturally bright golden eyes glanced up from where he was scrawling a long paragraph beside a passage about public baths, his pen coming to pause at the end of the sentence in such a way that the ink bleeding out onto the paper formed the period. The incubus, thankfully, was good at reading people so though he hadn't seen the fae approach, he could make a pretty good guess at why he had come over to Niko.

He gave the fae a slightly appraising look, not bothering to hide the fact that he was giving him a thorough once-over. Once he had determined that this was a person he didn't mind sharing space with for at least however long it would take him to suddenly pick up all his things and leave, he put on his friendliest smile.

"Nice spot, isn't it? Go on, pull up a chair. I don't bite unless you like it." The statement was punctuated with a quick, flirty wink. The incubus was in a wonderful mood, so flirting was going to happen. Just a little. It'd be fun to see how the fae reacted. He hoped to see at least a ghost of a smile or a color in those pretty cheeks. Maybe he'd even pull a chair up into the available space of the dark corner and let Niko enjoy his company for a few minutes.

((I'm not picky about layouts or whatever. A picture is all I needs~ So I'll just be lazy and use the old one as well. ;3 except for where I changed his title bahahaha))

WickedShin's Wife

Beloved Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
User Image

Kiirion was surprised, needless to say, to find a laughing boy in his usual corner. At first, the other didn't seem to notice him, and Kiirion debated on making his escape. Then, the boy looked up and golden eyes locked with his own luminescent green ones. Those were not human eyes. Oh, such a thing was certainly possible for humans with the aid of colored lenses, but this was not anything like that. The gaze was no more human than Kiirion's own was.

Kiirion held still for a moment, allowing himself to take in the rest of the stranger's appearance. He didn't look much different than the rest of the human rabble that wandered the halls. If it weren't for the eyes and, quite frankly, the hair, Kiirion would not have thought twice about him. Certainly, he was more well-dressed than many of the students, but there was something about him that had Kiirion's instincts sitting up and paying attention. Though some might call him paranoid, Kiirion had learned to trust his instincts. More often than not, they were correct. Something was different about this one.

The boy looked him up and down, not even bothering to hide it. Bold, then, which Kiirion could appreciate in some instances. The look prompted a slight quirk of one eyebrow, displaying the barest hint of amusement. To an untrained eye, the expression would barely shift his normally sad demeanor. Eventually, the boy bid him sit and join him. The Fae part of Kiirion, the one that enjoyed the battles of wits and words and subtleties, stretched in languid interest. It had been a long while since he had encountered someone worth taking note of. Human high school was very much a drain on his patience. It wasn't the learning part; taking in the subjects was relatively easy. Kiirion found that he enjoyed the classes themselves if only for the knowledge that was being imparted without him having to fight tooth and nail for it. The humans themselves, though, were horrible. Teenagers, he had discovered, were very much like weak Fae. They were petty and moody and thought themselves far more of themselves than they had any right to. At best, their ridiculous drama was obvious and amusing. At worst, it grated on Kiirion's nerves and exhausted his patience and self-control.

"So glad to have your permission," he commented in return. He moved and took the chair opposite the stranger. Once he was seated, he removed his shoes (awful things) and set them aside, tugging his legs up to curl gracefully beneath him. Gloved hands tugged a book of his own out of his bag as he made himself comfortable. Half a second was spared on the differences between them: where the stranger's dress was that of casual wealth and elegance, Kiirion's was of easy comfort. His clothes were of good quality and soft cloth, just large enough to hide his too-slender frame and keep from chafing at his skin. His shoes were cloth and easily removable because Kiirion hated shoes. How the strange boy could stand to have his feet encased in leather was beyond Kiirion's understanding. The difference in their reading material made him pause, as well. While Kiirion was reading a tome he borrowed from one of the libraries he had access to, the stranger was reading... history? Human history?

"Do you often giggle at history books, or is this a special occasion?" His tone betrayed a bit of the amusement he was feeling, then.

OOC: I apologize if this sucks. It's late and I am now tired.

Shirtless Bloodsucker

User Image
____The Slutty Princess

Chase the heathen call
                              We belong, you and I

It seemed the incubus's new companion was cautious. He took a long moment to study Niko, as if trying to get a read on the male before one thin and beautifully angled eyebrow lifted. Oops. He'd been caught staring. Niko couldn't help but quirk a smile as the fae made the realization, a wide one that showed just a little bit of teeth. There was something almost predatory in his smile, and the amusement in his eyes did little to soften the look.

Here was a fae, it seemed. Niko was surprised to find such a creature in a school that was otherwise full of humans. His presence was like a breath of fresh air - even if he smelled more like the soil over a newly dug grave. If his new companion permitted, Niko would have very much liked to settle in against him and just breathe his scent. However, first things first. Fae didn't always take well to Niko. They were far too clever to be fooled by his friendly facade, and much too stubborn to be easily taken in by his charms. Let alone the hypnotism, there was just no chance of that working. So Niko allowed the young man to glimpse a bit of his nature, before the hungry smile slipped away and he looked back at the book he had spread across his lap.

He allowed himself to chuckle lightly at the boy's sassy retort to his invitation, watching as the young fae sat across from him. The way he curled into the chair and pulled his feet under himself reminded Niko of a cat. Niko's own posture made him look more like a cross between a gangly student and an exotic prince lounging with his favorite books. The incubus's current physique wasn't much like the other students', he was far too filled out and moved with much better balance and dexterity than a human was capable of.

At Kiirion's question, his lips pulled back slightly into an amused smile. "Always," he immediately answered, then seemed to give the question further consideration. "Actually, let me clarify. What amuses me is the human perception of history. The way they choose to remember things, or how they want others to remember things."

His attention turned from his new companion back to the book long enough for his eyes to skim the next paragraph. His left hand lifted once he'd finished skimming, using the light purple pen to write draw a large X over the entire passage. Then he scrawled the word ψεῦδος next to the passage.

"I take it you haven't been around long enough to have noticed," he said as he brought his attention back to the fae. He settled back into the chair, leaning back slightly as he recapped the pen and set it down in the crease of the open book. Once he'd settled into a comfortable position, he spoke again, "I don't believe we've met before. I'm Niko."

((finally. I swear I'm gonna try to get better about my response time. @_@))

WickedShin's Wife

Beloved Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
User Image

Kiirion suppressed an instinctive shudder at the smile this person gave him. He honestly wasn't sure if the look thrilled or terrified him. Perhaps it was both. Either way, the feeling the look elicited was not unwelcome and he allowed his lips to curl slightly upwards in a small, amused smile. The little glimpse he got felt deliberate, as if this creature was allowing him to see what he was getting into. Giving him a chance to run. Kiirion found that he didn't want to. He found himself with a puzzle in this creature and he discovered he wanted to stick around to learn more. Even so, it would do to proceed with caution.

The answer he received made sense. Kiirion, who paid little attention to what the textbooks told him, enjoyed perusing them and comparing what other, older texts told him. He didn't find it entertaining so much as interesting, trying to puzzle out exactly what had happened and why. "No," he agreed when the creature suggested he hadn't been around long. He saw no reason to lie; the other obviously knew he was not human, at least not entirely so. "I previously had little reason to turn my attention to the human world."

The creature introduced himself as Niko. No hope in discovering what he was by name, it seemed. The name Niko and its many variations was horribly common. It could be a nickname, as well, ridiculous things that they were. "I am Kiirion," he said in return, giving the proper nod one might an equal in the court. He provided Niko with the entirety of his first name. There would be no nicknames for him. "The pleasure is mine." He arranged his book so that his page was marked and closed it properly. It would be rude to ignore his companion, and Kiirion had yet to find cause to be rude. "How do you come to find yourself in this place if you have been around long enough to correct history books?" Part of him didn't want to ask many questions, because Niko might demand the same in return and Kiirion would have to answer. The other part of him was extremely curious...

OOC: My post kind of feels like fail. I don't think I'd be able to make it less fail with any more time.

Shirtless Bloodsucker

User Image
____The Slutty Princess

Chase the heathen call
                              We belong, you and I

"I previously had little reason to turn my attention to the human world."

"Ah, lucky you." The smile that Niko gave him was wry, hinting towards his displeasure about having to sometimes be around humans. It wasn't as if he couldn't feed off non-humans. Humans were just so much easier to catch, and there wasn't any benefit from feeding from a non-human. It was more enjoyable, of course, since humans sometimes made his skin crawl and faking attraction toward them wasn't always easy.

The polite nod Kiirion gave him, however, caused the smile to pull into something that looked much more genuine. He was familiar enough with fae to know that this was a gesture reserved for those they saw as their equal. So the fae saw him as an equal already. Good. Though Niko suspected that it was mostly because of his age that Kiirion saw need to do so. Still, this was something he would keep in mind; a reason to make an effort to not offend or startle his companion.

At Kiirion's question, the smile seemed to slip from his face. The incubus's lips pursed into a thoughtful look, an exaggerated expression that wasn't at all necessary. It wasn't as if he had to think long about the answer. Clearly, he was trying to give the impression that he was thinking of a roundabout way of answering the question.

"For amusement, of course." He smiled lightly, his gaze flicking over Kiirion's face, as if he were considering telling the truth. "Among other things. Humans are amusing, don't you think? They're like children who never really grow up."

He leaned forward slightly in his chair then, his golden eyes alight with curiosity. "And what about you? I don't suppose you're here to learn human history and languages just for fun. Though I wouldn't fault you if you were, I don't suspect that's the reason. It must have taken something more interesting for you to turn your attention to humans, yes?" His lips played up into another smile; clearly he didn't expect Kiirion to answer his question, at least not with complete honesty. After all, he hadn't answered the fae's question truthfully. Then again, both their kinds weren't exactly known for being open and honest.

((OOC: hurray dialogue!))

WickedShin's Wife

Beloved Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
User Image

Kiirion hummed noncommittally at Niko's comment. The smile, though, made something pulse gently inside him. Niko did have a nice smile... though Kiirion guessed that it was due to whatever he was. The answer he received to his question was only partly true, he was sure of it. The little things Niko did tipped Kiirion off. They made his lips twitch minutely and gave him a small thrill. He had missed this sort of back and forth exchange. This conversation currently rated as one of the best he had ever had, if only because Niko had yet to display hostile intentions, even subtly.

"I suppose they do have their merits," he agreed, though he sounded rather unenthusiastic. Part of him realized that if his father hadn't died, he probably wouldn't have ventured into the Winter Court. Or, another part whispered, the same thing would have happened, but he would have been older and perhaps less quick to learn. And then he would be dead... he forced the thoughts away and turned his mind to the questions. Niko was much more interesting than his current musings. Only one need be answered, he reasoned, because he had only asked one question that had been answered. Also, only partial truth had to be given, since Niko's answer had only been partially true. All of Niko's questions, though, boiled down to the same thing: what are you doing here? Well, he supposed there was a rather simple answer that he could give...

"I found myself bored," he answered. "I decided I needed to spend some time away from the courts." It wasn't precisely true, but it wasn't precisely a lie, either. Kiirion had learned well the Fae skill of weaving words. He knew Niko would pick up on it... the other was old enough to have played this game many times, he figured. Thought, the curious part, the part he had never been quite able to suppress, wanted to know exactly what Niko was. What sort of long-lived being spent their time in human high schools?

Well, it was his turn to ask a question... and his own origins could be explained simply enough to not give away specifics.

"Pardon my rudeness, but what, exactly, are you?" he finally asked. "I apologize for my forwardness, but I am curious. I don't believe I have encountered a long-lived being such as yourself, before."

OOC: Yaaaaaay, post! Sorry, but it's a quickie because I gotta go!

Shirtless Bloodsucker

User Image
____The Slutty Princess

Chase the heathen call
                              We belong, you and I

Niko couldn't help but feel a bit smug. If he wasn't mistaken, and he rarely was, Kiirion seemed to be responding quite positively to his friendliness. He of course had expected the fae to enjoy a little back-and-forth of words. Niko avoided interacting with groups of people simply for his own safety, and the majority of fae seemed to stay in groups. For that reason, Niko hadn't met all that many fae in his lifetime, but he knew enough of their mannerisms and habits to know that Kiirion being off on his own was uncommon. He couldn't pry, however, or that suspicious nature that all fae had would surely surface and then Niko would find himself once again lacking an attractive companion to converse with.

When Kiirion finally answered his question, albeit in a very roundabout way, Niko spent a brief moment wrestling with how to respond to the little tidbit of information. The young fae had given him a half-truth, of course, but in doing so he had accidentally let on a bit more than he'd meant to. Either that or Niko was reading too much into it. Either way, he had the distinct impression that the young man with the sad twist in his lips had found himself very unhappy among his own people. Niko could feel the curiosity stirring within him. He was in danger of showing it, so he quickly responded with a light chuckle and a murmured, "I see."

Then Kiirion asked the inevitable question that everyone had when faced with the incubus. Only, few were intelligent or brave enough to actually think to question it. It was a bit telling of Kiirion's age that he was curious enough to ask Niko outright, which was amusing. However, Niko reacted with a contemplative squint. He paused in his response to rub the pads of his index finger and thumb together. The skin rubbing together didn't quite make a sound and was telling of Niko's self-pampering habits that his skin hadn't dried out in the cool fall air.

Once he was ready to speak, he shifted slightly in his seat to lean against the arm of his chair towards the fae, though he wasn't actually noticeably closer to Kiirion. His lips curled up into a smirk, his eyebrows lifting slightly to give him a slightly teasing expression. "Oh, so you don't want the fun of finding out yourself?" In his position against the arm of the chair, his right arm was raised slightly alongside his head, and as he considered the fae with a thoughtful look, his fingers tangled themselves into his long crimson hair. Nails set against his scalp, raking lightly against the skin as he dragged the hand down to the nape of his neck. He had greatly loosened his hair in its braid, but he didn't seem to notice or care.

"Hmmmm, I see," he hummed, sitting up and freeing the hair of his thick strands all at once. "I'm afraid I'm not in the habit of discussing that, though I don't see why I can't give you a hint or two. What do you know about human religions? Not much, I assume. Here, I've an idea."

The incubus moved suddenly then, as if he hadn't been sitting relaxed for several hours. He didn't move towards Kiirion, but instead in the opposite direction, into the rows of bookshelves. He was of such a single mind that he even left his shoes behind, though it wasn't even a full minute before he came back holding two books. One was black and bound in leather, a rarity in their school's library, and the other was a plain black paperback with solid red lettering that said something about Christian Demonology.

((OOC: woops. Got my schedule wrong and had an extra 15 minutes, so here you go. surprise! I figured I wouldn't assume that Kiirion had put a barrier up, but give him a chance to if he feels wary enough~ Either way he can go wtf?? at Niko's books. ))

WickedShin's Wife

Beloved Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
User Image

Kiirion's only answer to Niko's first question was to blink. He did reconsider. It could be great fun to guess what Niko really was. Though, he would somehow have to extract a promise that Niko would tell him if he guessed correctly. He wasn't stupid enough to believe that Niko would offer such a thing, especially not without something in return. Kiirion could barely consider the notion of asking Niko for something without offering something in exchange. Every debt must be paid, after all...

Unfortunately, the other didn't seem inclined to answer. In fact, Niko asked what he knew about human religions. Kiirion's eyes widened a fraction. That was not a good sign, he thought. Beings of religion did not sound like something Kiirion wanted to be around. Angels did not strike him as fun to hang out with, and demons had always sounded little better than Fae. He didn't get a chance to clarify, because Niko was suddenly moving and then disappeared. Kiirion didn't think; he immediately put up a warning spell and physical barrier around himself. As soon as Niko moved into range, Kiirion would know. If the other decided to attack, he hoped the barrier would at least slow him down long enough for Kiirion to retaliate properly. His paranoia, expertly trained by dozens and dozens of sneaky, tricksy, temperamental Fae, would not allow him to do anything less. Despite the fact that their conversation was the most fun Kiirion had had in quite a while, he wasn't going to make it easy for Niko to attack him. Kiirion sat back in his chair and waited...

He didn't have to wait long, at all. Niko returned and he was carrying books. Kiirion did not lower the barrier as he looked. One of his eyebrows raised slightly as he saw what, exactly, Niko was carrying...

"You aren't an angel, are you?" he asked, tone a bit incredulous. He would admit that Niko did not look or act the part of an angel, but he knew there were Fallen ones. And... Well, the other had asked about human religion. Niko was also holding books on demonology. The evidence was beginning to stack up that Niko was some kind of demon if he wasn't an angel. Kiirion had never encountered a demon, before. Not a real one, anyway. Kiirion's narrowed eyes strayed back up to Niko's face, studying him again as he waited for the other to offer whatever information he was willing to.

OOC: Sorry it took so long!

Shirtless Bloodsucker

User Image
____The Slutty Princess

Chase the heathen call
                              We belong, you and I

At first Niko didn't notice that Kiirion had put up a barrier, and apparently some sort of detection spell as well. He was busy looking at the books he was carrying, and so it wasn't until he looked up that he realized what was going on. The realization left him blinking, nonplussed in the face of Kiirion's obvious distrust of him. He was torn between amusement and feeling mildly impressed that the fae wasn't going to blindly trust him. More than that, he was unsure of which emotion to express. So he settled on neither.

He spread his lips into a soft smile, settling back on his original puzzled expression. As he smiled, he stepped just a little closer to Kiirion's seat, but his posture was relaxed and nonthreatening. "That isn't for me, now, is it? Really, there's no need for that. I just went to get you some research material."

At the fae's question, the redhead couldn't help but crack a small, amused grin. He had been sorely tempted to poke at the barrier a bit, not to break it but just to show that he could. But now he thought better of it. Kiirion had already very clearly been labeled a companion in his mind, so he was on his best manners. Resigning himself to the barrier's constraints, he set the books down on the corner of the table that was nearest Kiirion, then sank back into his seat.

"Angel? No, I'm not so morally conflicted." He nodded towards the books, then, and gave Kiirion a pointed look. "If you do open those, do keep in mind the source of information, hm? Humans do not often see past the end of their own nose."

Niko realized then that he had a strange feeling, something he hadn't felt in a long time. Even though he hadn't told Kiirion explicitly what he was, he'd allowed the fae to sit down and gain a bit of information without much of an exchange. The incubus didn't operate under the same sort of equal exchange that fae did, but now that he'd done it he had to wonder just what it'd been that had prompted him to divulge what information he had to Kiirion. It wasn't any sort of trust, of course. If anything, letting people know what he was served to make them afraid of him; it was quite rare that anyone wanted to hunt him for what he was. Still, he couldn't help but feel exposed, now that Kiirion knew at least a fraction of his nature. Suddenly, he was considering the possibility of the fae getting up and avoiding him from then on. The thought made something in him feel slightly cold, as if he were....disappointed?

It was silly, of course. Such feelings should be below him. He didn't need companionship, but it had been close to a hundred years since he found someone intelligent and attractive and tolerable enough for him to call them his companion. All these thoughts swirled through his head in a manner of seconds as he bent over to pick up his pen and the history book he'd been defacing. His right hand wandered up distractedly to smooth over the braid that he'd mussed earlier. The strands set themselves back into place, the result of a vain little spell that he could perform almost effortlessly. He was giving the fae a chance to get up and leave, though he was betting on his pride not allowing him to turn tail so easily. If he were honest with himself, he'd realize he wasn't betting on it but instead hoping for it.

((OOC)) lookit Niko having a big ol' friend crush on someone. I'm so proud of him :3 let me know if I need to give you more dialogue to work with. >>

WickedShin's Wife

Beloved Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
User Image

Kiirion held completely still as Niko set the books down. The other noticed the barrier, but did not approach further than the corner of the table, nor did he try to break the barrier. Kiirion was immensely grateful for that. When asked, he simply shrugged. "You disappeared. That is cause for caution no matter who you are." It was for Kiirion, at least. Too many of his past injuries had come from invisible or disappeared creatures. The fact that Niko did absolutely nothing more than inquire was… refreshing.

"Of course," he replied to Niko's advice about the books. A rueful smirk twisted his lips. "I am aware of that. They have been writing nonsense about my kind since they were still in the Stone Age. Did you know that some still write that we are all pixie creatures that crave milk and bread with honey?" The tone he used was mocking and just a bit disdainful.

He leaned forward and picked up one of the books. A silence settled over them that Kiirionwas oddly comfortable in. It had been a long while since he had just been able to sit like this with someone. He liked it… his attention soon turned to the book. Upon opening it, he scanned the different kinds of demons mentioned in the table of contents. Imps, incubi, succubi, arch demons, familiars, goblins, Nephilim, Fallen… Kiirion immediately ruled out familiar, goblin, imp, and succubus. That left arch demon, Fallen, and incubus. Upon turning to the arch demon chapter, Kiirion felt safe ruling that out, as well. Arch demons were powerful as all hell and probably had better mayhem to be creating than in a human high school. Nephilim went next, because Niko was not a giant and they, too, probably had better things to do… Fallen was a puzzle. Niko didn't give off the right aura, but the Fallen were everywhere and they had weird agendas that nearly rivaled Queen Mab's…

Then he asked himself: what kind of demon might find himself at home around human teenagers? The answer seemed obvious, then. Kiirion nearly smacked himself in the forehead for taking over ten minutes to figure it out.

"Incubus," he said into their comfortable silence. He regarded Niko with calculating green eyes, waiting for an answer. "Or I hope so. The only other option that made sense is Fallen, and I can get that kind of crazy in the Courts."

OOC: I wasn't sure what kind of demonology books there were. You did mention the Bible, which Kiirion knows is Christian. So… yeah! I wasn't able to find too many types of Christian demons… let me know if you want it to take longer?

Shirtless Bloodsucker

User Image
____The Slutty Princess

Chase the heathen call
                              We belong, you and I

"Did you know that some still write that we are all pixie creatures that crave milk and bread with honey?"

Niko had been sitting back and, for the most part, not responding to what Kiirion was saying other than a nod or a smile; but at that description, he chuckled quietly. The fae seemed relaxed now, or at least a bit more than before, though Niko had to note that the barrier was still up. It was a good thing, he told himself, that Kiiri wasn't quick to trust. If he had been, then it would be a mark against his intelligence, not to mention his sense of self-preservation.

When Kiirion began showing interest in the books set before him, Niko devoted the majority of his attention to his book. A few minutes before Kiirion spoke up, the school library passed by them. Niko instinctively cast a spell over the book in his lap to make it look like a spiral notebook that he was taking notes in. He cast the spell silently, only tapping the book lightly with his pen. It was likely, though, that he hadn't needed to tap the book to cast the spell. Especially since he continued to tap the page lightly as he resumed reading. If one with some skill with spell casting looked directly at it, the false image would disappear. So really, it was a lazy spell at best. As the librarian passed the spell lifted and the textbook returned back to its real appearance, defaced by the incubus's pastel colored pens.

Just when Niko was growing a bit bored with the section about Archimedes, he heard Kiirion speak up. He stretched slowly in response, like a cat that had been wakened from a nap, then recapped his pen and set it down in the crease of the textbook.

Instead of answering the implied question, however, he raised an eyebrow at his companion and opted for evading. "You mean you don't find me crazy for choosing to be here?" A slow, flirty smile spread across his lips before he decided to go a bit easier on the fae. He had, after all, put up with Niko for this long. That had to be a record of the century, especially when the incubus wasn't actively working to make him want to stick around.

"No, I'm not fallen." It was a true sign of how fond Niko already was of Kiirion to give him such a straight answer. But then again, to Niko, it could have been only a partial truth. He didn't know beyond a shadow of a doubt what he was, at least not judging from any early memories. His childhood, if he'd ever had one, was a blurred spot in his memory. All he could truly recall was a vague outline of what humans would probably consider a father figure. Though he knew what he was just as surely as he knew what his natural form looked like. He could feel it in the undeniable pull that he felt towards humans who were lonely, vulnerable, easy prey.

Now that Kiirion had mentioned the Courts, Niko had to be careful to keep his curiosity hidden. He didn't hardly know anything about the Courts, but he certainly wanted to. However, that wasn't a conversation for a first meeting. Kiirion had already given the distinct impression that he wasn't fond of life in the Courts, so he wouldn't pry...yet.

Now that Kiirion knew what he was, though, he felt a small thrill. It had been a long time since he'd revealed his true nature to someone, and even longer since he'd done so willingly. It was a rare sharing mood that he was in.

"I can't think of any reason a fallen would be here. But the same could be said about me, I suppose. Though, truthfully...I found myself bored." He looked at Kiirion then and gave him a pointed smirk at his choice of words. It was a flirty little attempt at pointing out something they had in common.

((OOC)) my brain really hates dialogue right now, I apologize. I hope this is enough for you to work with. ><

WickedShin's Wife

Beloved Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
User Image

Nico's question startled a soft snort of laughter out of Kiirion. True, Nico probably was a bit mad for being there when he didn't have to be, but if Nico were as old as Kiirion thought he was, maybe he had run out of options for other entertainment... his mind strayed back to the Court and the other Unseelie Fae. The things some of them did for entertainment still made Kiirion shudder...

His attention was pulled back to Nico. The smile that decorated the Incubus' face sent another thrill through him. Once again, he wasn't sure if it was a good or bad feeling, but it certainly had him excited. The corners of his lips twitched upwards a bit further so that he actually looked like he was smiling.

"I will not pretend to understand Fallen," Kiirion scoffed. "That way lies madness. Their plans are far-reaching and long-planned. Their skill dwarfs mine and may very well rival Queen Mab's, herself. That alone is enough for me to avoid them." He sat back in his chair and studied Nico for another second. A bored Incubus might very well be a terrifying thing. That being said, Nico had done nothing to Kiirion outside of tease and banter. He hadn't tried to force his way past Kiirion's barrier, nor had he attempted to touch Kiirion, or even approach him, past setting the books on the table. Perhaps that was by design; Kiirion had heard rumors of the kinds of magic Incubi could use to make themselves more appealing to their prey. That being said, Kiirion had felt no magic used on him or on Nico himself. There were no glamours, no spells, no pheromones... whatever Kiirion felt about the other was likely from his own brain. He gave a light shiver as he saw Nico's smile. There was that odd do/don't want feeling, again...

"Well," he said after a moment, "Perhaps this place will provide entertainment for the both of us. I am pleased to have met you."
With that, he looked back down at the book in his lap. As he flipped to the next page, he very deliberately lowered his barrier. He did not, however, dismiss the proximity spell. Kiirion was not stupid, after all.

So it was that Kiirion became acquainted with Niko. He did not see the Incubus every day, though every so often, they would meet coincidence and sit comfortably in the library. Kiirion enjoyed these times if only for the break in the monotony of his normal routine. He still avoided people like the plague, but Niko was quickly becoming an exception to that mindset. Some days, Kiirion wasn't sure he liked it. Other days, it thrilled him. It seemed that was the case with many of his thoughts about the Incubus...

It was some time later that Kiirion felt unseen eyes wandering over him. Quickly, he cast a spell that would throw the spy off. It was by no means a permanent solution, but it would do for now. Kiirion then began planning what he would need for something that would last longer. Not for the first time, he cursed the fact that he no longer had access to the libraries in the Court. As it was, the only thing he could really find was a cloaking spell, which would work, but it would need to be renewed each month. Well... that would do until he could find an actual solution to the damn problem.

He looked out his window and up at the darkening sky. It was a full moon, which was exactly what Kiirion needed for his spell. He gathered up his materials --Silver knife, raven's feather, rose vine, and a few hairs from some random mortal in the hallway. The hairs were particularly important, as they would allow him to adopt the aura of a human, if only to anyone peering at him. Hide a tree in a forest, hide a body in a graveyard... hide a student in a school. No one need know that this particular student wasn't human...

It grew dark and Kiirion made his way outside, leaving his shoes in the dormitory and his hair free of its normal tail. He did not light his way; the moon was enough for him. The grass felt good on his bare feet, and the night air was blessedly cool. As he moved, a group of ravens began to follow him. First one, then two, until he had a whole murder of them. Eventually, he reached a pond that was deep enough and clear enough to reflect the moonlight. He set his little bundle down and began to set up preparations for his spell. The ravens settled in the trees around him.

First, he tugged off his shirt and knelt on the forest floor and drew a circle in the dirt. His skin, pale like a corpse's, almost seemed to glow in the moonlight. He began to work the spell, whispering the incantation. He picked up the knife, first, and brought it to his palm. Carefully, he made a slit in his flesh until some of his blood could drip out. The spell technically only called for a few drops, but Kiirion's blood was not as potent as that of a full-blooded Fae, so more was required. Thankfully, it wasn't enough to truly affect him. He then added the mortal's hair, still whispering softly. As he did, the blood on the ground began to glow in an unearthly fashion. The rose vine came next, mixed with his blood and the hair as the circle's glow got brighter. Finally, the raven's feather was used. Kiirion dragged it through the mixture and it seemed to soak the light from the other ingredients on the ground. He then brought it to his face and drew a small rune on his forehead and across his cheeks. The ravens cawed excitedly around him, and for a moment, the wind picked up as Kiirion spoke the final words of his incantation. The wind swirled around him, whipping his hair around him, before settling quite suddenly. The glow in the feather went out and the ravens stilled, leaving Kiirion in silence and darkness once more.

Kiirion felt a small thrill go through him. Working magic was always fun. He crawled to the edge of the pond and began to wash his blood off his face and rinse his hand. Once that was finished, he turned and spat another incantation at the circle. The components that he had used burst into flame before swirling into the sky and out into the world. That finished, he allowed himself a genuine smile, which made him look much younger and more like the teenager he technically was. Magic, in almost all its forms, brought back happy memories.

OOC: SKIPPED! Let me know if I should edit anything.

Shirtless Bloodsucker

User Image
____The Slutty Princess

Chase the heathen call
                              We belong, you and I

Soaking up the moonlight after feeding had to be at the top of Niko's favorite things. Since it was so late at night, the incubus was as close to his natural form as he dared. After feeding it was a bit difficult to take on a human appearance. His energy kept wanting to stretch out beyond its physical form. Even now, laying in the grass with his body only partially obscured by the grass, dark smoke-like tendrils were all that could be seen where his legs and lower half of his pants should be.

Despite the events of the past couple of hours, and the fact that he was laying in the dirt, he looked as well groomed as ever. The only exception was his hair, which was loosely gathered at the left side of his neck instead of tied or braided. There was a certain bright sharpness in his eyes, however, that would have immediately given him away as immortal to any nosy human that happened upon him at that moment. Every inch of him was thrumming with energy, but he couldn't find the motivation to do anything but lay under the stars and watch the gradual rotation of the earth.

Feeding usually left him satisfied in both a physical and mental way, but the last few times had been boring to him. Those who automatically responded to his pheromones had never been very interesting, but even the victims who took a while to fall for his glamor were failing to stir his interest. He'd had to keep this last victim under a spell the entire time so that she wouldn't notice he was entirely bored with her. The thought of having to endure the same situation in another few weeks made him take much more of her life force than he normally would have. She probably wasn't going to make it, but the realization only stuck with him because it made him question his self control.

The sound of quiet footsteps didn't reach his ears until after the soft flutter of wings made him bolt upright. He'd reacted slowly, however, and the source of the noise was already moved further away so he concentrated on the sounds around him to pick out what he wanted to find. There was only one person nearby, but there were many creatures following them. Quickly, his mind preformed a process of elimination as he focused on smoothing out his physical form into a more human shape. Who would be out this late at night? Most likely not a teacher. Niko's instincts were sharp when it came to killing intent, so it wasn't any sort of hunter either. The last elimination was what spurred him into action, lifting his bare feet to quietly make his way across the small clearing and back into the wooded area. Humans didn't often attract that many creatures at once, and especially not birds.

By the time he noticed the detection spell, he'd already counted three dozen ravens and a smirk was pulling at the corner of his lips. It seemed safe enough to assume that he'd happened upon his favorite person, so he stepped straight into the spell's range. He kept his movements slow and fluid, so as not to startle Kiirion.

Somehow, he was the one who ended up startled. It wasn't the fact that Kiirion was shirtless, that he was coming out into the moonlight for a spell, or that he just looked so stunning in the moonlight so much as it was a combination of all three. Niko's life force didn't work in any way similar to that of a human's, but he still felt a thrum of desire at the sight that was not unlike one's heartbeat racing. The thrill, however, faded rapidly when he inhaled deeply and caught scent of the human hairs. A squinted look at the rest of Kiirion's objects confirmed his suspicion of what kind of spell the fae was performing. He was still barely within range of Kiirion's detection spell, so he leaned back against a tree trunk to wait.

When he was certain the fae had both finished and noticed his presence, he spoke up quietly. "I find it a crime that the reason you're out here is something so ugly."

It was a gross understatement. He could feel his proverbial blood boiling at the idea that someone had made Kiirion feel unsafe. No, he assured himself, that wasn't why he was mad. It was because he hadn't been able to detect the threat. It was a sign of his own weakness. That's all it was. His mind clung desperately to the explanation as if it were his last shred of sanity.

"If I'd known you were going to do be doing something quite so beautiful, I would have canceled my plans to join you." Niko gave him a lazy sort of smile, like he was flirting but not really putting much effort into it. And truly, he wasn't. He wasn't even doing much to hide the fact that he was being completely honest.

Their interactions had changed gradually over the past few weeks. In the beginning, Niko had concentrated on alternating between witty banter and playful flirting. He'd been careful not to test Kiiri's patience or tolerance with him, but already he rather at ease with the fae. And when Niko was at ease, he had a tendency to share. Most of the things he shared were just various stories, none revealing anything about his past or his remaining descendents that he sometimes checked in on. In reality, he had come to value the comfortable feeling he had when with the fae, but he wasn't sure if Kiirion regarded him in the same way.

Part of him wanted to demand why Kiirion hadn't come to him for advice on a spell, at least one that wouldn't leave him seeming human. Didn't he know that Niko could easily give him one that he wouldn't have had to wait until the full moon to perform? Pride, he supposed, was what held the fae back. "Well...." Niko sighed lightly, as if they were sharing some hardship, and it was only slightly joking, "we do what we must." The smokey tendrils were swirling around his feet again, moving in a way that suggested they were a separate force that had grown curious about Niko, rather than originating from him. It reality, it was a lingering bit of the woman's life force that he hadn't yet finished absorbing into his own.

((OOC)) this post feels like a giant pile of drivel. I've been awake 20 hours xD

WickedShin's Wife

Beloved Lunatic

9,200 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Hygienic 200
User Image
User Image

Kiirion's entire body tensed as he noticed that he wasn't alone. He turned his eyes around the little clearing, taking in every detail. His visitor could be any number of things. If it was just some curious human, he would be lucky. When he discovered just who was there, watching him, his eyes widened slightly and he froze once again. There, in the shadows and just barely within his proximity spell, was Niko. Kiirion suddenly realized what sort of picture he created and felt his ears heat in a blush. Thank ******** it was dark and Niko (hopefully) wouldn't be able to see.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" he spluttered before he could stop himself. The ritual had worn him out more than he expected, so his grip on his emotions and reactions was not quite as tight as it normally would be. Kiirion stood and scurried to where he had left his shirt. The discarded garment was scooped up and tugged on, though his sudden movements startled the ravens and sent a few of them flapping off, cawing madly. Niko spoke and Kiirion had to focus for a moment to get himself back in order. Once he had composed himself, he turned his attention back to the Incubus and nodded slightly.

"Believe me, if I didn't think it necessary, I wouldn't be doing it," he explained, almost hurrying, to the Incubus. "Earlier today, I felt eyes on me. The magical spying kind. I decided I should take... precautions... in case those eyes were not friendly. If they look again, they'll just see one more human among many. I shall hide in plain sight." He paused to wonder just why he was explaining himself to Niko. He had no need to explain himself at all. But Niko was the first non-human to have taken interest in him that he actually didn't mind and even looked forward to speaking with. He discovered that he didn't want Niko to go away.

At that thought, the Fae and Human sides within him warred. The Fae wanted to be dependent on no one, aloof and untouchable, like a prince residing over his subjects. The Human was lonely, starving for touch and companionship, and wanted someone to hold onto. Kiirion felt suddenly disgusted with both of them. By the gods, what a mess...

Kiirion studied the Incubus as Niko mentioned his plans. There was something particularly otherworldly about Niko, tonight, and Kiirion would be lying if he said he didn't find it attractive. The tendrils swirling at the Incubus' feet intrigued him. He wanted to study them, reach out and touch, feel what they were. That, however, was far too forward. Almost as an after-thought, he wondered what sort of plans Niko had had. The most likely answer was that the Incubus had fed, recently. "I'm certain your plans were far more entertaining than my little spell," Kiirion scoffed. "Lovely though it may have been, it served no one's purpose but my own. Such spells don't exactly make for good entertainment."

Niko's next words startled a rueful snort from him. "Yes," he agreed, sounding rather tired even to his own ears, "we do..." He was tired, mentally and physically, of running and hiding. Part of him knew that he would run until he Chose, or until he somehow tied himself to someone who could protect him. The entire prospect was very daunting. With a mental shake, he pushed the thoughts away and decided he didn't want to think about what his future may or may not hold. Instead, he wanted to ficys on the rest of the night. He desperately wanted sugar... hot chocolate, because it was what he drank when he was feeling particularly vulnerable and this was definitely one of those times. "I am feeling the need for a cup of hot cocoa. Care to join me?" Hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream and chocolate chips. And cookies, because reasons.

OOC: Kiiri turned a little angsty, there. @.<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas