Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image User Image
He was teasing her with food. The thought did not register well in the princess’ mind, but her stomach urged her to step forward. Taking a deep breath in and tightening her cloak, she crossed her arms over her chest to cover some of the indecency she was sporting. It was a couple moments before she showed herself from behind the tree, bedclothes fit for royalty slipping out from under the cloak that clasped with a brooch donning her family’s crest. Even then, she stood far from him to examine threat before coming closer.

Armed as he was, she would clearly have a disadvantage if he decided he didn’t wish to be civil. Lucy clenched her bag’s strap tightly in her fist and held it to her chest before heading for the fire. Awkwardly, she stared at the silver haired man, eyes wide, saying nothing. What was he doing in the middle of the woods? He could have been a traveler, but still she felt uneasy. She didn’t know what to say, so she just curtsied, coming back up with eyebrows furrowed an a quiet acknowledgment of "Sir."

The princess had to have looked a mess. Stained and wet, shivering as the wind blew. Her hair was unraveling from her braid, dark circles under her hung-over eyes.

Thieving Elocutionist

13,775 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Falling For You 25
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxAngelo Damondred

xxxxxxxxxxxTemplar Knight

And this is how it looks when I am standing on the edge
      And this is how I break apart when I finally hit the ground
      And this is how it hurts when I pretend I don't feel any pain
      And this is how I disappear when I throw myself away

He was surprised at the sight that greeted him. The woman was unkempt and if he had not seen her portrait (which was an amazing portrayal of the young woman), he would have never guessed that she was royalty. Being away from the capital city and castle town for all his life, he was not familiar with the family crests of the royal family. In fact, he was more familiar with the crests of noble families who were patrons of the Temple, particularly those with young widows.

Now that he knew her identity, he would tread carefully. This was great, his prey coming right into his hands. He had only been a knight for less than a day and technically he would not start his commission until he had seen the King and swear his allegiance. What better way to make a good first impression though. Angelo had a sly smirk on his face as he turned his gaze to the young woman who curtsied and stood where she was. He stood up, gentleman as he was, and pointed to the fire. "Have a seat, Milady." He wasn't about to let her know that he was aware of her identity. It was lucky he had not donned the uniform of a royal knight, they were an ugly grey at any rate.

"It is always a good day when I can start breakfast with a lovely companion."
                                                        He knelt, picked up the packet of rations and handed it to the Princess, waiting for her to sit before he would take his seat. "May I ask your name and why you are in the middle of a forest? Perhaps, I can be of assistance?" His eyes never left her face or body, watching her expressions for reactions as well as her body language. Why had she ran away? He had some theories but he would see if she let anything slip.

User Image

"Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason"
User Image User Image
Her eyes were steady now, coming to her senses. She would have to use every ounce of manipulation she had acquired if she wanted to keep a charade up. How long was it going to last, though? Was she to just start a new life with a new name? Where would she live? Who would dress her? She dropped her head, now wasn’t the time for thinking such things. It wasn’t until she sat at the fire that she brought her head back up, a smirk now donning her face. It lightened her features, a passion for lying causing her to look more beautiful for doing something she knew she was good at.

“Lucy Drake. I’m a thief.” She used her own name, knowing if she chose another she may not react quickly enough when being called it, causing suspicious. The surname was actually one that belonged to her door guard… the best she could think of on short notice. “Haven’t you heard of me? I’m not exactly small news.” She winked, taking the rations and staring at them. What in god's name was this?

Thieving Elocutionist

13,775 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Falling For You 25
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxAngelo Damondred

xxxxxxxxxxxTemplar Knight

And this is how it looks when I am standing on the edge
      And this is how I break apart when I finally hit the ground
      And this is how it hurts when I pretend I don't feel any pain
      And this is how I disappear when I throw myself away

Who did she think she was kidding? A thief? Really? With the way her royal nightgown was sticking out of the cloak and her rather delicate hands, plus the fact that she knew absolutely nothing about travel rations. This girl was clueless and perhaps completely gullible. Angelo almost felt sorry for his own deceptions and for keeping the young woman in the dark about who he was and how he was going to drag her back to the castle for his own career advancement. Almost.

Since he was sitting across the fire from her, he did not do his usual routine and instead, he smiled charmingly at the young woman, taking a ration for himself, showing her, in effect how to open it and that the contents were edible. He did it in a way as if he was using it himself, and not showing her how it was done. "Oh really? A thief?" He smiled and gave her a rather mischievous wink. "I am sorry, I have not heart of you since I am not from around here." He could play along as well only Angelo was at an advantage since he knew exactly who she was but there was no chance that she would know of him. He was rather infamous but news like that did not travel that sort of distance.

"I am from the Temple of Artemis and am on a pilgrimage." Not exactly true but heck, he could lie too. "So what do you steal? Men's hearts?" His smirk was ever present on his face as he spoke again, "I imagine that is an easy feat for a beautiful woman like yourself." Angelo stood up, after placing his cup of tea on the ground beside him and with one arm in front of him, he bowed to the Princess. "Forgive me, Miss Lucy Drake, I should introduce myself. I am Angelo."

User Image

"Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff