Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dunyazade's Wife

Shy Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Caffeinated Nova

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Desmond had just rounded the corner when he heard the voice. His lip curled. Ambrosia Lovelace. The hatred he felt for her was sharp even for him. He wanted to make her suffer, and yet he'd never taken the time out to antagonise her directly. She would be collateral damage.

"Ah, Amby." He turned around to look at her and leant one hip against the wall. "How did you know it was me? Perhaps good old Lucas had been in charge. Maybe that's why Summer was brought here, to you."

He sighed and crossed his arms over his chest. "Aren't you a little silly to be challenging me alone? Shouldn't you have your bodyguards with you?"

Shirtless Sentai

Ambrosia stopped about five feet away from Desmond, crossing her arms lightly. "I highly doubt that, else he'd be bringing Toby. As much as he may care for the general well-being of someone he doesn't know too well, Lucas would destroy the world to protect his husband," she commented. The fact that he was trapped in his own body like this was just a testament of how strong Desmond was.

She shrugged. "I'm not fond of dragging others into a situation where they would be at a disadvantage. Especially considering my bodyguards would likely not be in favor of my intentions."

Crouching slightly, Ambrosia raised her skirt enough to reach her thigh holster. She unsheathed her pistol, held it out, then dropped it to the floor before lightly kicking it in Desmond's direction.

"I'd like to see my boys," she stated simply, smoothing her skirt back down.

Dunyazade's Wife

Shy Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Desmond let a slow grin curl his lips upwards. "Oh, is that so? Well I hate to break the news to you, Amby, but Tobias doesn't want to return. He is happy where he is. Does that surprise you?" He clicked his tongue against his teeth, looking thoughtful. "Hmm. Perhaps he didn't tell you everything, after all."

He cocked his head once again and watched her movements. He didn't even blink when the pistol came out. Whether she shot at him or not, it would make no difference. He had plans, and back-up plans, and everything would go exactly how he intended it to.

"I don't think that's going to be possible." He said slowly, like he was speaking to a child. "See, you are the enemy. And you don't go around leading enemies to your home, do you? And you don't do your enemies any favours, right?" He clapped his hands together once. "But if you think I'm going to let you see them, then that's kinda...cute. And, ah, really sad. I'll let them know that you were thinking about them, shall I?"

Shirtless Sentai

User Image

"Oh, Desmond," Ambrosia sighed. "We've known each other for years and yet your tactics don't ever seem to change. While I'm quite sure that Tobias is acting in exactly the way you describe with no manipulation or trickery in play, I'm afraid I just can't take you at your word anymore. But for your sake, I'll pretend that I've been shaken to my core and am now questioning all my relationships."

She waited patiently for Desmond to finish, before turning and resting her own hip against the wall. "Well, now, I never took you for the sort to dismiss an offer before you heard the terms. You'd be surprised what a desperate maiden like myself might be capable of in order to get what she wants. But maybe you should slow down, and stop assuming you can see the whole picture. You remember how that turned out before, don't you, Desi? You thought you held all the cards, then some variable swooped in and unseated you from your lofty throne.

"So will you hear me out? You may find it worth your while,"
Ambrosia said evenly.

Dunyazade's Wife

Shy Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Pursing his lips, Desmond thought for a moment. From what he had heard, Ambrosia was very close to Lucas, Tobias and Light, but even closer Erel, Faolan and Asher. Could it be that they really all cared for each other so much? Of course Erel and the others would be happy to have Ambrosia close, but was it worth the risk? She would manipulate them into seeing him for who he really was. She'd make sure that they saw humans as good - as all of these palace rats as good.

But what if she was willing to offer him something that he really needed? He could think of one thing in particular, but knew she wouldn't go there. Well, colour him curious.

He tilted his timepiece up into the light. "Very well. You have seven minutes. Go ahead."

Shirtless Sentai

User Image

Ambrosia nodded, and slowly straightened. "All right, then. I want to see my boys, as you know. Likely you've turned them all solidly against me, but I'd still like to see them. I do worry about them. In return..."

She released a heavy sigh. "I know something of what you're after. Every time you've opposed us, you've always gone after Sigma. It's as if you're obsessed with him. Well, you must realize by now that you're fighting a losing battle. Whatever foothold you think you have, he's in love with Dariian, and he wouldn't tear himself away for anything after all that's happened. You can't coax him away."

Her eyes narrowed, a frown growing on her face, as if she was reluctant to speak the next words aloud. "But there is a way. I spent a good deal of time with a goddess in my head, a goddess who liked to have all sorts of tricks on hand to get her way, so I know a thing or two about the mental makeup of deities. More than you, I'd wager. I think you might find some of the knowledge rather useful in your neverending quest to obtain Sigma.

"So do you want to know?"
Her voice had lowered. "How to hypnotize a god?"

Dunyazade's Wife

Shy Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Desmond sighed and glanced at his timepiece again. Six minutes. He barely paid attention to what Ambrosia was saying, recognising it for the pointless rambling that it was. Of course she wanted to see 'her boys'. And of course he had turned them against her. Did the annoying b***h really have to sum everything up before she gave him her offer? Apparently so.

The mention of Sigma, though, made his jaw clench. His darkened eyes flicked up to look at her, his head cocked and expression reluctantly curious. It did kind of look like a predator faced with a prey that was suddenly misbehaving.

Hypnotism. Surely she was joking. He'd brainwashed Sigma all he could with his own charms, but he'd never come fully close to breaking the god, of changing him. Of making him his.

"You'd give up Sigma, and teach me how to control him... for Erel, Faolan and Asher?" He barked out a laugh. "You must think I'm stupid. You wouldn't do that."

Shirtless Sentai

User Image

"Wouldn't I?" Ambrosia didn't even flinch under Desmond's dark gaze. "You think you know me so well, do you? Clearly not, if you think I would offer terms I wasn't one hundred percent prepared to follow through on."

Slowly, she pushed herself off the wall and moved towards him. "I don't build relationships easily. But with those three, they sparked something almost instantly. They counted on me to watch out for them, and I've failed in that instance if I let you take them away so easily. I made it my priority to ensure their well-being, and I don't take that lightly. Sigma's been a friend of mine for a while, but he has always prioritized others over me. There's no reason why I shouldn't do the same. Sigma's a big boy--he's survived you before.

"Now, then..."
Ambrosia held a hand out slightly, though she wasn't close enough to shake hands. "Are you interested or aren't you? You do have the upper hand if I'm lying--should I be telling some falsehood, I'll be helplessly in your clutches, won't I?" She spread out her hands. "You don't have very much to lose in this situation, unless you prefer to be paranoid."

Dunyazade's Wife

Shy Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Desmond didn't look convinced. If this worked it would be perfect, but he wasn't sure it would work at all. Ambrosia was up to something - he just didn't know what.

"Fine," he said eventually, taking a step forwards. He grabbed her hand and pulled her forwards, until they were inches apart. "But you'll have to follow my rules. Humans are nothing in my home. You can be... our servant, I think. From what I've heard you've got experience in that field, have you not?" His lips twisted into a smile, "Speak when spoken to, keep your head down, don't badmouth your master... All pretty simple, isn't it?"

Shirtless Sentai

User Image

Ambrosia looked at levelly. "Fair enough. I'm not afraid of work, and I've served worse. So long as you don't restrict access to my boys, and keep the shackles off." She changed her grip so her hand grasped his. "Then we have a deal, master."

A smile quirked her lips. "I will admit that I didn't think you'd agree. Perhaps there's hope for you after all. Now, as I assume there will be someone on hand to pick you up shortly, what's our next stop?"

Dunyazade's Wife

Shy Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "You will serve them as well as serving me. I think it's about time that they learned the true place of humans. You will be beneath them, and you will make sure that they know that. If I catch you trying to turn them against me, or disagreeing with any of my ways, then I will have you killed."

He watched her carefully, and then squeezed her hand. He glanced at his watch. Thirty seconds to go. "I hope you don't change your mind, because there is no coming back from this, Amby."

A hand closed over Desmond's shoulder, and they both vanished. They appeared a split second later in Desmond's home.

"Tobias, Faolan, check this woman for communicators, trackers. You know the drill."

Faolan pulled away from his position at the door the moment they arrived, already starting forwards towards them. But he stopped there, indecision warring on his face when he recognised the woman. He glanced at Desmond questioningly. "Father...?"

"Do as I say. She is to be our servant." Desmond said, removing his hand from hers and wrenching away as if she had been covered in filth and germs.

Shirtless Sentai

User ImageUser Image

Ambrosia gave a single nod in response to Desmond's words. "Whatever you order," she replied, her face turning serious again. She watched him check his watch, wondering what he was waiting for. Neeve's shadows, perhaps?

But no. Ambrosia caught a glimpse of a hand on his shoulder, and suddenly they were in a different place. A strange room, it seemed, and the weather was colder and crisper. Ambrosia looked around, trying to take things in, and paused when she saw Faolan and Toby. Her face stayed calm, but her heart jumped in her chest. This was actually happening.

Tobias had been curled up in an armchair near the door, eyes closed, starting to doze off again. He'd stayed with Faolan as Erel had taken the children inside to get them clean and changed, wondering if they would be all right but not wanting to intrude. He still felt sleepy, so maybe a nap would work. But before he could get to sleep fully, he heard a familiar voice saying his name.

Sitting up, Tobias looked over quickly and saw Desmond and a woman. Something flashed briefly in his mind, but it was gone before he could focus on it. He moved towards them willingly.

"Hello," he said brightly to the woman. "I'm Tobias. Are you a human, then? I'm sorry, I'll have to make sure you don't have anything bad on you..."

Ambrosia felt her stomach sink as Toby spoke. So this was what Desmond had done to him, the b*****d. Well, that was how it was for now--she had to be careful in everything she did at this point. She bowed at the waist, like a servant might. "Of course, do whatever you need," she said, straightening up.

"Thank you for cooperating," Toby smiled, before reaching into the satchel strapped over his shoulder. He withdrew what looked like a remote with metal prongs sticking out of the front. Stretching up onto his tiptoes, he pressed a button and swept the device from the top of her head down to the hem of her dress.

"No trackers or alarming tech," he reported. "One dull alert near the ankle, but whatever it used to be, it's deactivated and not in working order anymore." He moved away to give Faolan room for his own search, then turned to Desmond and reached out, taking the man's hand in both of his. "I'm glad you're back. After that human girl arrived, I was...a bit worried..." he admitted shyly.

Dunyazade's Wife

Shy Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Faolan was stiff and formal as he stepped up to Ambrosia. His jaw was clenched, and he ran his hands quickly and efficiently over Ambrosia's body, beginning at the shoulders and working down.

"She is clear." He said roughly, stepping away and putting a hand on the hilt of his blade. He didn't understand this, not one bit.

"Stop looking so worried, Faolan." Desmond chuckled. "She's just a human woman, a servant. I brought her here as a gift for yourself and Erel. I was just going to kill her when she asked to come here, but... well, she's not worth the time it would take, is she?"

Erel. Downstairs, there is a gift for you here.

He focused his gaze on Tobias and squeezed his hands. "The human girl is long gone, now. I returned her to the palace. She won't come anywhere near us again, I promise." He raised one hand to brush Toby's hair back from his face. "We are all fine."

Shirtless Sentai

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Tobias relaxed, a relieved expression on his face. "I'm glad. I only remember a little of what happened, but...she fought Faolan, and I was afraid for him too. I'm glad we're safe. And--" He blushed, but also beamed at Desmond. "You didn't kill her, either. You showed her mercy. That's so kind of you, Desmond. Maybe that will help the humans understand that we shouldn't fight, and we'll be closer to living in peace."

He glanced over at the woman, who now stood a bit stiffly with her hands clasped in front of her. "She's a gift for Erel and Faolan? So, she'll be nice?" He turned back to Desmond. "You're always so good to us, and we've barely even repaid you."

Ambrosia glanced away for a moment, working hard to keep her composure. If Desmond had done this to poor Toby, brainwashed him into thinking these things, of admiring the man instead of the crippling fear he'd always displayed before. ...Well, Desmond was a formidable opponent, that was for certain. Ambrosia began to wonder if perhaps she was a bit in over her head.

No, she couldn't think that way. Seeing herself as the loser was what had trapped her in her old life. She had to focus on the end result, of saving everyone and giving Desmond his just desserts. He would pay dearly for everything he had done, she would see to it.

After a few more moments, the door opened, and Erel came in. "What's this about a present?" he said, sounding confused--and then froze. His eyes landed on a very familiar figure, who turned slightly towards him.

"A-Amby?" Erel choked out, eyes wide. He stared at Desmond almost wildly. "W-What's going on? What is this?"

Dunyazade's Wife

Shy Lunatic

6,050 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

"Oh yes, she will be nice." Desmond answered Tobias loudly, making sure that Ambrosia could hear. "If not then she will be punished. But you are right, of course. While I long for us to live in freedom, in peace, I do not wish to kill unnecessarily. The girl that came to take you away had been fed lies about us being evil. She genuinely thought that she was trying to help the children." He cut his gaze to Ambrosia but continued speaking to Toby, "so do not listen to any lies that she might tell you."

He smiled widely when Erel arrived, pulling away from Tobias. "As I said, she is a gift for you. A servant. I know you and Faolan felt close to her - I thought it would be nice if she was spared from the clashes between us and the humans at the palace." He feigned a look of hurt, "If you don't want her, though, I can always send her back."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff