Welcome to Gaia! ::

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

Decker was quite certain that Alabaster's advance had not only offended his wife, but disgusted her as well. For she turned and looked at him with a pleading in her eyes that he could not turn away. Although he respected the advisers, much more than his father did, he remained cognizant that they did not think him ready for the throne. Such was a valid concern, given all that happened in the past few weeks during his search for a suitor. It was no secret that he had poisoned two batches of women, and sent them home vomiting and pale. If only to prolong the process long enough for the King to see that his son was ready to take authority without a wife.

However, now that Ophelia was here, he could not imagine a world without her. She shared in his love for the Kingdom, as well as his passion for inventing. And although he wasn't always easily convinced of alliances, the prince could not doubt her intentions, as she had never given him a reason to. Therefore, he had no choice but to respond to her request to share his bed for the night. That was what he had wanted anyway. She had saved him the embarrassment of confessing. So he would save her the shame of denying an elder's company. It was not a woman's place to do so, especially one that was practically being auctioned off by her husband. But Decker saw no reason for her to entertain Alabaster, when he wanted her here-- with him.

Moreover, her speech had pricked his heart in such a way that he was feeling overwhelmed with desire for her. Ophelia surprised him in ways he never thought possible, and thrilled him to the bone. He wondered if his father had seen this, or Sophia for that matter. The two often conversed. Perhaps it was leading up to this? Decker was not overly hopefully that his feelings would last-- hell, he wasn't even sure if they were reciprocated. But that didn't matter right now. They were still strangers. And much more needed to be said before the prince could be sure that this was what he wanted. He only knew for sure that there was something about this girl that he couldn't quite put his finger on.

"My intention, your grace was not to offend. But if you are to be the Queen, you must be prepared for the worse." Alabaster interjected, but Ophelia continued. She left the elderly adviser looking stunned beyond belief, and Decker brimming with sanctification. "Share his-- princess did you forget the contract you signed? The prince is not interested in your company. And I am. I bid you come with me. There is much to..." The man was left stunned suddenly, as the prince had abandoned his post and gone to Ophelia in the middle of his speech.

His large arm gently slipped around her waist, as the other took the book from her chest and tossed it aside. "I beg your pardon." Alabaster hissed, but Decker was no longer listening. He merely wanted to prove a point. If his wife asked it of him, it would be. And no contract would change that. "Your HIGHNESS!" He cried, as Decker's hand gently cupped the rear of the princess and he hoisted her up with ease onto his hip. His eyes shut immediately as he leaned in to kiss her mouth, his lips parting as he began walking toward the bed. It was meant to be a show, a way to send Alabaster on his way, less he see something he shouldn't. But he soon found himself lost in her scent, as his mouth hungrily partook in a dance with hers whether she fully understood what was happening or not. His other arm soon wrapped around her body as he held her small frame close and dropped his knees onto the bed, looming forward as he laid her on her back upon the sheets. His heart was pounding his chest at this point-- his palms sweating, but he swore it was the most alive he felt in years. He fell on top her, just as the door to his bedroom slammed and then their was silence.

Remembering what he had done this for, he quickly pulled back. His arms slipping from beneath her as he stood breathlessly. Decker ran a hand over his hot mouth and turned away from his bed immediately. They were alone. Unfortunately, now his mind was plagued with the notion of finishing what he had started. But he didn't. He moved away from her, beginning back toward his bookshelf, and knelt down to pick up his binder and began putting things away. "If you wish to stay here, you are welcome." He whispered. "Alabaster means well. He just doesn't see my vision for the Kingdom."

Decker stood, placing the binder back as he proceeded to his clothes to begin packing them away. "I did not mean to offend. It is just...he is a man of debate, and I am not in the mood. A public display of affection seemed necessary in getting my point across." He did not look her. His body was pulsing like the waves in the sea during a storm. She made him feel like he wasn't in control. He needed to get back on track. His sister was in danger. "I was going to confess that I wanted you here for the night anyway. With the hunter around, I fear he might try and use the my future Queen against me. I cannot be too careful." He picked up a shirt, his eyes moving toward the window, where he could see the fireworks. His hands were shaking. "You did well in defending your King's honor, Ophelia. I have no doubt that defending yourself on the battlefield will be no different." Decker attempted a change of subject. "Please...rest. I am sure the maids will be in soon to finish this up."

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

♛ After Decker’s sudden onslaught of passion, Ophelia was left speechless. Her skin was hot to the touch and her lips unable to form words due to the tingling sensation his kiss had left upon them. For what felt like an hour the princess merely lay there trying to catch her breath only to sit up slowly upon hearing the sound of his voice call over to her. It was like a beacon and regardless of how red faced she was or how baffled by his touch she had been, it made her no less desiring of him. The feeling itself was almost alarming as Ophelia had never once sought out the company of another in such a manner. And although Decker claimed it to have been for show, she knew that her feelings for him in that moment as she submitted and allowed herself to succumb to him had been anything but. Whatever it was she had hoped to feel for this relationship, it was there. Perhaps it was not as intense as love nor as prominent but it was close… Then again, didn’t all feelings start out small? Either way, the night bid she not dwell on what had taken place any more that night as her mind began to drift off until she lost what train of thought was left, falling into a deep slumber in Decker’s bed.

The following morning however promised to be just as eventful. The castle and its occupants were well awake before sunrise and most, if not all, of the staff were bustling about the halls to help those planning to depart pack what was left of their belongings for the journey ahead. Such was the case with Ophelia who, after having left Decker’s room and cleaning the remainders of the mess left untouched the night before, had been led back to her room by an eager Estelle. Much to the dismay of the councilmen, word had spread through the chain of servants of what it was Alabaster had witnessed. Though there was plenty of speculation of whether or not it was true…. Such was the reason for Estelle having desired to help Ophelia before she left.

The fairy was quiet at first, merely watching as the princess began folding her belongings and placing them in her bag. Her gown was plain and without shape other than the fact that it rest slightly above her knees. A disappointment to someone like Estelle who found over the years that men often responded better to that which was appealing to the eye on a woman rather than what she had to say. Such was a tactic she often used when dealing with Alaric and was likely the reason she was bearing his second child so soon. Still, it was affective…. Whereas Ophelia’s attire was not.

”I heard about what happened last night, with you and Decker.”

Ophelia paused, blinking several times before meeting Estelle’s gaze with a stunned look on her face. ”But… How? We never…. I never told-“

”The walls have ears in this castle, dear. It doesn’t take long for things to pass along. The servants are good but their mouths babble like a brook. I’m just surprised it took so long. Then again, in the dresses you wear…”

But Ophelia merely shook her head in denial and returned her attention to the clothes she had begun packing away. ”Nothing happened. It was merely for show. One of the councilmen came to Decker’s room seeking my company and in hopes of turning him away, we merely made it appear as if we were involved. Nothing more.”

Estelle frowned then as she observed the sudden tint to Ophelia’s cheeks. Her tone was nonchalant but the look in the girl’s eyes spoke of something far less indifferent than she would have liked the fairy to believe. ”Is that so? So then… None of it was real. And the two of you are still completely uninterested in one another? Hm. Well I suppose that’s too bad. You don’t suppose Decker would be interested in taking a lover then? I know a couple of girls who would do him wonders. They’ve been around, sure, but they’re nice… If you pay them right-”

Suddenly Ophelia’s expressionless face broke at the mention of sending women to Decker, whores nevertheless, and she clutched the gown in hand twixt her fists as she stomped her foot and looked at Estelle with pleading eyes. ”Oh but you wouldn’t! Please don’t-“

”Aha! I knew it. I’m sorry love, but you have a terrible poker face. Might want to work on that less your husband finds out as much as I have… Look I’m not here to upset you. I only want to help. So tell me… what really happened?”

Ophelia looked around the room desperately as if she might find something suitable in which she could turn Estelle’s attention upon rather than interrogate her, but without any luck she found herself feeling hopeless. The burden of all that she’d been feeling had begun to weigh her down. And without Balin around to speak with her, Ophelia felt as if this would be her only opportunity to open up without judgment. Estelle wanted to help ease her sorrows. And heavens knew how long it would be before Ophelia would be able to speak freely of such matters again once she departed.

”It was as I said…. for show. At least that’s what he’d intended. But….. I’m not quite sure but I feel as if I didn’t entirely… want it to be. It wasn’t only when he kissed me that I felt wanting of him, but when he smiles too. And when he talks without filtering himself. And I don’t mean mere yearnings of the body, but of the mind as well. Sometimes I just feel content being near him and knowing that he is comfortable speaking with me about such things or that he is happy. I….. I think I rather like him. That I might be fond of him to be honest. But I’m almost certain he does not see me that way.”

”And why do you say that?”

Ophelia shook her head slowly as she returned to packing. She knew it was foolish to indulge herself in such hopes any more than she already had. ”A man who finds favor in his wife doesn’t have a knight sent to her room, or speak to her about how her separate affair with said knight was. I care about Decker deeply and I want him to be happy just as much as he wants me to. But he seems to think that the only way that
                                                                            Is possible is by sending me into the arms of other men or making sure my ‘womanly needs’ are met. He is smart, talented, and a wonderful friend just as he will be a king. But he did not have me marry him because he found interest in me.”

”But a man who doesn’t find favor in his wife doesn’t shoo away the opportunity to have her bed another, let alone someone with as much authority as a councilman…. Would you like Decker to notice you? To share these feelings you have begun to develop?”

Ophelia looked to Estelle curiously then. Her proposition had caught her attention. ”Perhaps…. Well I’d like to think that one day he might. Or so I hope but-“

But before Ophelia could finish Estelle crossed the room and grabbed her back, turning it over and dumping her clothing and belongings out onto the floor. ”Then stop packing this useless s**t. You want him to look at you, you dress like you do. You want him to want you, you act like you do. I’m going to tell you a secret Ophelia. No matter how smart you are, men won’t give you what you want unless you know how to flaunt what you’ve already got. I think it’s about time you learn how to do just that. You’ve got a pretty face and a great body. Lets put it to work.”

________________________________________________
                                                                            __________________________♛__________________________

For several hours Ophelia lay in Estelle’s care, allowing the fairy to doll her up to the best of her ability whilst the rest of their family gathered outside in preparation for their departure and the farewells that would accompany it. And by the time Ophelia was ready, so was the rest of the lot.

The weather was fair but despite the suns rays there was an undeniable breeze that washed over her body and left the princess feeling exposed…. Which by all means she practically was, considering what Estelle had dressed her in. It was by far the most revealing of the outfits the woman had shoved into Ophelia’s luggage but nonetheless she had promised that all would be equally as affective. Unfortunately, the princess was no longer certain if that was what she wanted. Especially after having received peculiar looks from the majority of those she passed by on her way out with Estelle in the lead.

The fairy opened the front of the castle doors and paraded down the front steps, calling for her son to help Ophelia walk down. But as soon as Mortian fully addressed Ophelia, her hand already in his own, he retracted from her with a cry and pressed his palms up against his eyes as he turned away.

”MOM! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO HER?!?!? GOD DAMNIT!”

”Isn’t she beautiful? I-…. What the hell are you lot staring at?!?!? Haven’t you ever seen a woman in armor before? She’s married! Get back to work!” Estelle snapped after having caught a handful of guards stopping midway to oogle the princess as she bashfully hurried to Estelle’s side.

”Mother the only thing armed and dangerous about her is the fact that she doesn’t have any armor. She’s practically naked. Her dress is riddled with holes! The only thing that’s covering her is…. Well…. what’s left.”

”Oh would you stop! She looks wonderful. Besides, its not meant for you anyhow. You act as if you’ve never seen breasts before.”

But it was clear by the shocked and speechless expressions of not only the staff, but Ophelia's mother in law and Belva, that Estelle had outdone herself in the possibly the worst way possible. The mistress was adamant that Ophelia was a piece of art. However it seemed that the rest saw her naught but a piece of work. Shiloh had pulled the hood of his cloak clean over his head with his father merely laughing in amusement as the rest of the quarter remained silent, the only exception being Mortian's constant grumbling as he grabbed Ophelia's bag and packed it on one of the horses that had been brought out of the stables.

xxxxxxxxxxxxT H E M Exxxxxxxxxxxx

OPHELIASHILOHMORTIANCHERINABISHOPVICTORIABELVAESTELLE

User Image

Clothes: Decker ll Sophia ll Voriayna ll Jackson

Decker had to admit, he was happy to see his father so chipper before he made his leave. It was obvious that the bird had complete confidence in his son. Cherina would be home before they knew it, and things could finally go back to normal. Or, rather, a semblance of it. There was still a matter of the news that was buzzing throughout the castle. For as uninterested as everyone had been in the contract he had his mother and Ophelia sign in regards to this marriage being one for the betterment of the Kingdom, that was just as enthralled as people were with the news that their King and Queen had finally consummated their union. Although such was far from the truth, the noblemen of the castle-- Knights and Guards alike- offered him glances full of praise while their eyes revealed guilt over having ever wanted to spend the night with the princess. As it had been the advisers job to find Ophelia a worthy companion to share her desires.

However after last night-- after two beakers full of what was almost poison to his body, in addition to tossing and turning the night away-- Decker was finally able to admit that this was starting to become much more than mere politics. He had fallen asleep, then woke to thoughts of her; he could still feel the press of her cool mouth against his own. And he was practically tripping over his own feet all morning, until the servants came to retrieve his bag. He hadn't packed much-- enough for a weeks journey. He doubted Cherina and Daemon had gotten far. There was no carriage to bring along. The horses could carry their essentials, and he was not aware of any in the group that didn't know how to ride. Sophia was pregnant, but her baby was now one of magic-- which meant that it wasn't likely it could be killed from a bumpy ride.

They were all to meet in front of the castle in the quarter for their good byes, and so the chatty five found themselves trickling down the stairs toward the dirt path where the horses were being prepared. In honesty, Decker had not been anticipating such a beautiful day to begin their travels, as he was half expecting bad omens at every turn. However, such was hardly the case. The heavens were blue, with the exception of a few shimmering white clouds-- their was a nice breeze, and the sun was shinning bright. But that was not what caught his attention. Instead he was drawn to a woman in the center of it all. She was barely dressed, and looking extremely uncomfortable, as those around her moved to prepare the horses with what had been gathered for the group's departure.

Decker stopped in his tracks, his cape fluttering behind him. His onyx colored hair was pulled back into a ponytail and braided into three separate strands. It had had been beaded with gold and silver upon his request, and such fell over one shoulder as he turned to look at his grandfather. Alexander had snorted out loud in disbelief at the sight of the half-naked woman. And Decker almost inquired who it was, before he realized his father was laughing. It was subtle, but enough to make the prince snap back around and look at him. "You spoke of last night being a charade. Is this...part of that game?" Remian asked, with a smirk, as Alaric's eyes lit up.

"Probably Estelle's kind, if so." He snickered. "She is not yet use to this life..."

"No, I suppose she wouldn't be." Alexander hissed, not wanting Ophelia to overhear them speaking so freely about her choice of clothing. But it had yet to register in Decker's mind that his wife was the woman he had staring at from behind.

Even despite the golden locks of hair, petite body, and childbearing hips. "I am sorry, who is that?"

Jackson was next to speak up, pushing his way between the prince and Alexander. "Oh you know, the one you were trying to give away for less than a penny."

It was a striking notion to think that this was what Ophelia came out in. He had seen her in nothing but rags, or old dresses. But this...this was bold. It was something he did not expect from her. And therefore, it made him feel a great deal of respect for the woman. Still, he was no fool. Last night she had laid on the bed, and spoke nothing to him after what happened. He hadn't been sure if it was because she was angry, or surprised. And now, Decker wondered if she had...found favor in his actions, rather than disgust. His dark, thoughtful eyebrows knitted together as he contemplated approaching her. But he was suddenly nervous and bashful. His cheeks had gone red, and he was at a complete loss for words.

"Now does that, look like the face of a man who has seen his wife's glory?" Jackson grinned devilishly, pointing to Decker's stunned expression as Alaric laughed in response.

"Looks like the face of a man who doesn't know glory at all."

"Oh, leave him be." Remian chided them playfully with a smile. "Well son, perhaps you should go claim what it yours. I am quite certain I saw one of the guards eyes pop out and roll across the dirt."

Decker hadn't noticed it, but as he ripped his gaze away from Ophelia, he did spot a few of the Knights that walked the space ogling her. Even the servants, male and female, were gawking. "IN THAT?!" Alexander whispered in a cry. "She needs to change. She is the future ******** Queen of Helena. And she looks like a two-bit whore!"

Decker shifted on his feet, looking toward his grandfather with a terrible taste in his mouth. He knew the man wasn't a fan of his own wife parading around this way, but it was for selfish reasons. Alexander feared another man taking what belonged to him, which is why he implored Belva to dress appropriately for her age. Because-- "You are an old, bitter bag of gray." Decker spat. "Do not speak of my wife that way."

His grandfather rolled his azure eyes with a huff, "Now you want to defend her, after you tried to sell her off like a slave to the highest bidder."

"I did not."

"YOU DID. You didn't even think about it afterward. What makes you think she wants to 'ave sex with a bunch of men who only want 'er for one of two reasons." Alexander paused, and held up finger number one. "Either because she is your wife, and they would be next to take the throne. Or," He held up finger number two, "Because she looks like that..."

Decker drew a breath, not realizing that what the elf said was truth until he heard it so plainly. He looked back at his father, who nodded his head in agreeance. "But the papers," He whispered, "They are already signed."

"Then ******** sign them." Alexander growled.

But Remian merely gave him a reprimanding glance, before taking his son's face into his hands and kissing his forehead. "You are to be King. You make your own rules. You do not live by a piece of paper. But what is in here." His father touched the spot on his chest where his heart lay, his eyes sparkling with the hope that Decker would take his advice.

Such words, filled the boy with a feeling of authority he did not know he had. "You are a good man."

Remian smiled. "I love you."

"Oh, kiss already." Jackson groaned, separating from the group as Ana, Lestat, and Nautilus descended the stairs together. He ran into his mother's arms, and hugged his father before taking the hand of his sister who looked to have a bag of her own.

Decker frowned. "Is she coming?"

"Yes, she insisted. She is his older sister, Vorianya. She wants to protect him." Remian said. "Hurry along, go kiss your mother goodbye."

The prince did just that, approaching Belva and Victoria both-- not long after his farewell with the King was over. He offered them each a kiss on the cheek. "We will be home soon. I promise." And with that, he allowed his mother to embrace him for as long as she needed.

Sophia was next out of the door, but was not alone long before Alaric came to assist her with her things. She was a bit touchy about having servants do things for her. It wasn't that she didn't believe in assistance, she just preferred to know that whatever she was carrying with her, was in good hands. And the only way she would know so, was if she did it herself. The woman wasn't exactly dressed much better than Ophelia, but it wasn't because she was looking to impress anyone. This was her normal attire, and her father didn't ever see a problem with it, unless he was hoping to please Alexander. And as much as Sophia loved her great uncle, she wasn't going to change for him. The only person she was considered wearing something different for, was Balin. As she feared her past might deter him from wanting to get to know her more, if last night hadn't already done the job. She had regretted leaving him without so much as a goodbye, and that obvious by her wet cheeks.

"Sophie, what's wrong?" Alaric asked, taking up her bag with ease and tossing it over his shoulder.

She looked at him with red eyes, but shook her head profusely. Talking to him about boys was always a bad idea-- a dead man, would likely be no different. Besides the fact that he couldn't kill him, because he was already...well dead.

"Was it him? The one that got you pregnant? Did he hurt you?" Alaric's tone had changed to something dark, and his eyes were frightening to say the least, but she was not in the mood for his antics. He knew good and well that Balin had not done anything wrong.

"Of course not!" Sophia shouted, causing a stunned look to come upon her father's face. "It's the complete opposite. I am certain he will never talk to me again!"

Suddenly, his daughter was crying and the pirate was not sure what to do. His face went from indignant to confused in a matter of seconds as he moved in to hug her. Sophia buried her face in his shoulder, whilst he wrapped his arm around her and lead her to the horse that had been chosen for her journey. "I am sure whatever you did, it isn't that bad lass." Alaric's voice was filtered through a heap of dark hair on her head, before he crazily waved Estelle over behind her back so that she could deal with the 'male' problems he knew he couldn't solve.

"I just...I care about him! And this is a chance for me to have a father in my child's life. A real one, not just someone I chose, you know?"

"Yep, I know..." Alaric replied quickly, his eyes burning holes in his fiancee in the hope that she would hurry over...

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

♛ Between the constant bickering and the tearful goodbyes, Balin wasn’t quite sure where he fit in. Looking out from where he stood by the doorway, the entity watched as children and parents alike bore arms with one another. Coiling around each other as if it would be the last day they spent together. He wasn’t bitter over the sight so much as he was envious. Here these men and women had been given time to bond with their children. A period in which they could learn about them, watch them grow, and come to understand their way of thinking as if it were their own. Granted not each an every relationship was perfect, but they at least had some understanding of one another. Something he hadn’t been given until long after Ophelia had outgrown her early childhood. And even still, he had difficulty understanding her. Such was no different now. Balin watched his daughter from where he stood atop the castle stairway, having allowed himself to venture out into the open and feel the warmth of the sun press against his cool scaly skin. It was unlike her to dress so daringly and still he did not understand why it was she felt it so important to catch her husband’s eye. Never mind in such an outrageous fashion. He had heard the rumors but he knew Decker well enough to know that whatever it was that had occurred, it hadn’t gone far. And such was likely the reason Ophelia had such a sudden turn of mood. And yet despite Balin’s urge to go to his daughter and reprimand her for her desperate attempt at wooing the prince, the entity found himself unable to do so.

Sophie’s sobs had not fallen upon deaf ears and whereas her mother merely stood from a distance with a smile plastered on her face due to her husband’s awkward attempts at consoling their daughter, Balin wasn’t nearly as amused. Yes, he had missed his opportunity to raise Ophelia. But he would not be so foolish as disregard the second chance he’d been given to raise this one. He didn’t know Sophia very well beyond what she had told him… And he was a long ways away from coming to love any woman after what he’d been through… But she was a kind soul, smart, and beautiful. And although she seemed unaware of it, he was rather thankful that it had been her to carry his child, if anyone. Her perseverance was admirable and her passion, strong. It was only a matter of taming her emotion and understanding her that Balin was having difficulty with.

”Your father will be here when you return, there’s no need to drown him in your tears so early on. Save that for when the poor b*****d lays withered in his grave…. Though… if it is the road ahead that you fear, I can assure you I will not allow any harm to come to you. Nor our child. The living don’t fear the dead for idle reasons mind you.” Balin cleared his throat as he approached the pair and placed a clawed hand on Sophie’s shoulder before removing it shortly after, uncertain of how to treat her in the presence of her father. Balin feared no man and Alaric was no exception to this. But it was apparent that Sophie cared for him dearly, despite his lack of proper communication with her. In some ways Balin could relate as he had just as much difficulty with Ophelia… Hopefully he could manage otherwise with his second daughter. Given all that was ahead of her, she would need it.

However Balin was not the only one struggling to understand the feelings of others, let alone his own. For not long after having buried his face in his cloak in order to avoid looking at what he could only register as a bare bodied Ophelia, Shiloh managed to pry the cloth away just enough to see past her, his cousin’s inquiry in regards to an additional traveler amongst them not having escaped earshot. Immediately the prince’s stomach was filled with a fluttering sensation as his eyes gazed upon a fair skinned, golden eyed girl. Almost immediately he looked to the ground and felt his face flush red, his father’s hand coming to rest on his back as he expressed his concern.

”Is something wrong?”

Shiloh winced but eventually managed to look the oracle king in the eye. His lips pursed slightly as he considered what he’d asked. ”Very. Every time I look at her, I feel something squirming about in my insides. It tickles… but it is also very alarming. I think I might have parasites.”

Bishop frowned slightly before looking up to see just who she was only to immediately release another bout of laughter upon seeing Jackson’s older sister. ”Not parasites I’m afraid. But a feeling almost equally as knee buckling….. You should speak with her.”

”Me? No no no…. I couldn’t. I’d give her the parasites. Or worse, she’d find me appalling. No, girls like…. Like that don’t talk to people like me.”

But Bishop only smiled. ”People like us. And they do. Your mother blessed me with her friendship and then her love. I don’t see why any girl would be unwilling to do the same for you… So long as you don’t tell her you have ’parasites’, you should be fine. Take your time if you need it. But don’t neglect to try. Nothing would ever get done in this world if we didn’t at least try.”

It was Shiloh’s turn to smile then as he wrapped his arms around his father and allowed the man’s warmth to wash over him. Ever since he was a child he had suffered from panic, paranoia, and phobia’s of varying sorts. But Bishop had never loved him any less because of it. No, the king had always been very supportive and caring towards his son, building his confidence where he lacked and sympathizing with him when it wasn’t enough. It would be frightening being separated for as long as the journey permitted but Shiloh knew how much this trip meant to his family. And he trusted his father’s judgment. If he thought that this would be good for him, then so be it…. He only hoped that when the time came where his cousins needed him, he did not fail in providing.

”Alright, how about getting a move on. The sooner we get moving, the sooner we stop tweedle dee and dum from ******** the entire kingdom over. And the sooner I can get back to babysitting my little s**t of a brother.” Mortian grumbled over the clamor of voices before making his way over to Estelle and hesitantly pulling her into a hug. ”If we’re not back in nine months, let uncle Zander and aunt Belva lighten the load hm? The old geezer’s pretty good with Arian. It would do you two good to let him take the little bugger off your hands for a little while, just until you get the handle of addition to the family. Might do him some good too… You can’t cradle a baby and run after Arian, you know.”

Estelle merely laughed in response and placed a kiss on her son’s cheek before running a hand over the top of his head. He worried plenty enough for the both of them…. But he hid it well. ”You’ll be back well before then. Don’t you worry. Try not to fuss too much while your away? I know you’re nervous but trust me, your father and I will do just fine while your gone. Just know that we’ll be missing you and Sophie all the same.”

Mortian nodded in compliance and let out a sigh as he released his mother only to move beside Alaric and give the captain a shove with his shoulder in greeting. He didn’t want to express his sadness as openly as the others. But he felt it no less.

User Image

Alaric had seen Balin's approach from a mile away. His daughter was having a child-- one that was connected to the entity in a ways a mere human like him, would never understand. Therefore his destiny was intertwined with Sophia's, whether the captain liked it or not. And he was leaning more toward the latter. Although Balin had given him no reason to dislike him, Alaric couldn't help how he felt. Perhaps it was jealously? For he seemed to be able to comfort the fairy much more easily than he. Years of raising her, and yet he still had no idea what to do when she was upset. The same went for Estelle, or for any woman for that matter. Perhaps that was why the gods, more specifically his father Ares, had chosen to give him boys. Mortian was not nearly as hard to understand, nor was Arian; even in his young age, and with limited speech, he was more comprehensive than this one. Perhaps that was why the smile that Balin managed to draw from her lips with what seemed like reprimand, made the captain want to roll his eyes and suck his teeth. Albeit admittedly, he was grateful for the help.

Alaric's tunic was soaked with Sophia's tears, but as soon as she heard Balin's voice she began furiously wiping them away. She smiled up at him immediately, her eyes drifting to the creatures clawed hand upon her shoulder. Her cheeks were shimmering like stars in the night sky, given how moist they were. And Alaric could see that his presence had eased her mind. But if such hadn't been so obvious, the way that she fell into his chest was enough to draw the same conclusion. Sophia wrapped her small arms around the entity's scaly stomach and hugged him as tight as she could. He was much larger than she was in size, but that did not keep her from expressing how jovial she was to see him. She had feared the worse after last night and for him to have come so boldly, made her heart throb with yearning to have him this close for as long as he would allow. Sophia could feel his warmth, despite what people may have believed about this body-- she was not at all afraid of it. In fact, his girth gave her comfort, and his spirit energy made her feel like she could fly.

"Yes. Of course.... I'm so sorry about last night." She whispered, laying her head on his midsection. "You were so kind to walk me to my room, I just felt-- undeserving." The girl pulled away, knowing she likely looked a complete mess, her eyes trialing to her horse. "Would you mind...helping me up?"

By this point, Alaric had done his farewells, and left the two to talk, giving Balin the best nod he could manage without blurting out how he felt about the budding relationship between the two. The pirate was eighty years old, and Sophia sixty in a few weeks, he wondered if Balin was twice their age. It was so strange. Luckily, he soon found Mortian, who had a good habit of taking his mind off any situation at hand. The boy bumped him gently, as if he had merely run into him. But Alaric knew he wasn't good at goodbyes. The captain was just as bad. In addition, his son felt a duty to take care of his mother, who wasn't exactly being left in the best hands.

"My lad." He laughed heartily, pulling Mortian into his strong arms and kissing him on forehead. The half-imp may have been short in size, but that didn't make him any less of a formidable opponent; the enemy wouldn't know what hit them. "Please take good care of your sister. I'll keep an eye on that one--" He motioned toward Estelle. "Make sure she doesn't cut holes out of your clothes while your gone." Alaric teased before taking his face into his hands. "I love you. You are the best son a man could ask for." He hoped that Mortian did not feel sad over Caspian vanishing, and his mother leaving him. If anything, Alaric had never thought to abandon him. Perhaps that was plenty enough reason to be happy, eh?

In the meantime, Vorianya was by her horse with her brother, getting her things properly packed up. Jackson was droning on over the fact that his chances with Sophia were so slim now that Balin had accidentally transferred his life force to her 'dead' baby. Although she didn't think she had much in common with her brother, other than the fact that they both liked to fight-- there was now one other thing. Despite Bishop and Sophia being like family, they weren't, at least not by blood. And therefore, it was alright to feel attracted to them. In her case, it was Shiloh that had caught her eye. Not because he handsome, or even smart for that matter. But because he was hauntingly mysterious. She found her eyes drifting toward him without even noticing it. He made her usually very outspoken personality recede. And was left feeling terribly shy and feverish. "Vori, you're going to burn holes in the back of his head. It's going to be identical to the dress Estelle put on our future Queen." Jackson chuckled. "But don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining."

She huffed, giving him a shove. "He is an odd boy. Surely, he'll be needing my protection. As will you."

Her brother grinned, looking back at Ana and Lestat who reflected his expression. "You hear that? My dear sister is going to protect me from the unknown."

"Well, I've had my own run in with the unknown. It can be treacherous for man or woman." His mother replied in a hoarse voice-- having partied a bit to hard the night before.

As their father moved in for one last hug. "You two watch out for each other, alright?"

"Will do dad." Jackson replied, as he reached down for his sisters waist to help her up onto her horse. He didn't think any of these women were dressed for combat. The lot of them couldn't even get up on their own steed without assistance. As if this wasn't already going to be a long journey...

Not far from the others, Decker found himself reluctant to approach Ophelia. A farewell had been said to his mother and father. And now, all that was left was to get the group moving in the right direction. He was concerned that the amount of people in the quarter that were casting the princess lustful looks would be a distraction, and he had seen how his wife worked under such pressure, but he had faith in her ability to use magic. He would be needing some sort of location spell, if he was hoping to find Cherina with haste, and he had just the right thing. In his pocket, he possessed one of her feathers. Her bed was often covered in them when she woke. And yesterday morning after discovering she was missing, the maids hadn't gotten much cleaning done. Wings were a magical property on a phoenix and he hoped Ophelia could tie it to his sister with her book. But first, he needed to break down the barrier between them.

His heart was pounding as he made his approach. "When I saw you from the staircase, I did not notice it was you." He whispered, as he walked up behind her, his hand laying upon her shoulder as he turned her around to look at him. Her front had even more to behold, but he focused his attention on her face-- for it was more beautiful than any pair of breast he had ever seen. "It seems my wife is full of surprises." Decker was not smiling, but his voice held a tone to it that could be seen as teasing. "The castle is buzzing with rumors of last night. Yet, I find myself distracted by other things..."

He did not dwell on his words for too long. He feared what he actually meant by them, and decided it was best to move on as quickly as possible. His gaze fell to the white feather in his hand, as he revealed it to her. "This was my sisters. Do you think you could use it to locate her?" He appeared hopeful, his eyes venturing back as he motioned for Jackson to take his horse instead of sharing one with his sister. He merely nodded his head toward it, and his cousin reacted accordingly, moving to retrieve it. "If you do not mind, I would like to ride with you." Decker reached up with a sharp breath fixing the collar of his gray jacket beneath his cloak, before removing it. "It will get cold, so please..." He slipped the warm material around her bare shoulder and stepped in, drastically reducing the space between them as he tied the strings in front of her neck. "And for the record, I am not at all embarrassed about what you have on. Neither should you be." With that, he reached for the saddle of her horse and mounted it with ease, offering her his hand.

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

♛ Balin was surprised by Sophie’s abrupt display of affection, although opted not to show it in fear of reducing her back to the emotional state she’d been in a few moments prior. The girl’s skin was damp from her own tears, her cheeks reddened, and yet she was no less beautiful. It was peculiar to him to think that the reason behind her sudden outburst had not been in fear of departing from her family but rather the impression she’d made with him, the last person who should have mattered to her. Yet strangely enough she seemed to be among the first she concerned herself with. Balin was not a man of grudges. Despite his temper and outbursts when dealing with those closest to him there were few times he could recall actually having been given a reason to be displeased with them in the long run. Even Ophelia who had been the source of his demise as well as his purpose for having ventured for years across the land in search of her was not held accountable for his death. She was unknowing of what she’d done. Innocent in every aspect and uneducated in the art of magic at the time. Yes, her actions had been foolish in tampering with the unknown. But she’d been a child then. And in many ways she still was… At least to him.

”I’d hate to disappoint you, but it takes a lot to be undeserving of my company. It’s nothing to yearn for, nor is it difficult to obtain. A young girl trapped me in a book. I think that speaks for itself” Balin responded gruffly as he patted Sophia on the back as gently as he could muster and began to steer the woman towards her horse before kneeling down to lift her up onto the saddle. Unlike the rest of them Balin would not be mounting a land steed but rather would take to the sky, less Ophelia hand the book off to Sophie after using it. In which case he would be able to reside within the pages and keep conversation with the woman and comfort her in knowing he was immediately accessible, although he was almost certain that the thought was buried beneath whatever feelings his daughter was experiencing. He may have been dead, but the expressions of the living were still very recognizable to him. And from what he could see, the princess was practically smitten with whatever it was her husband was saying to her.

Ophelia’s anxiousness had been increasing at an alarming rate the longer she was left to debate the matter of her attire and it was only upon feeling the warmth of Decker’s hand upon her shoulder, followed by the smooth tone of his voice, that she was able to calm herself enough to pay mind to her husband’s words. He truly never did cease to amaze, as even now he was as soic as he was in the throne room and took to the idea of departing from his family with as much ease as he did grace. He was fearless, even when she knew there was much he concerned himself with. It seemed that regardless of his worries, Decker never allowed them to control him or guide his actions. Such was no different now. The teasing in his tone was recognizable although otherwise unnoticeable in the expression on his face which remained somewhat serious. But she didn’t mind. In fact, regardless of his short comings in expression Ophelia found herself absolutely enthralled in all Decker had to say. The prince was mysterious to say the least and left a great deal of his words open to interpretation. She was left wondering if when speaking of the rumors he was referring to having been distracted by other tasks at hand…. Or possibly her. Either way he did not say and continued on to the mission at hand, openly asking if she might be capable of locating Cherina with the feather he provided to which she eagerly nodded her head.

”Absolutely! Of course! I-I can do that! I mean I used to do something similar when I would misplace things in my room…. Granted this is different and they’ll be on the move….” Ophelia responded and gently took the feather from him, caressing it gently in her palm as he then moved to gesture towards Jackson as he removed his cloak. The notion of riding with her was appealing as there wasn’t a time she could think of that she might want to deny the prince’s company. Regardless of her feelings for him, he was the only one she felt truly comfortable conversing with. The only one she felt could relate to her. Last night hadn’t only been about discovering how she felt about him, but learning about Decker as well. He’d opened up to her. He’d shared something personal and invited him into his life. Now it was only a matter of expressing that she wished to do the same. And hopefully, if she was lucky, he would like what it was that she had to offer as much as she had with him.

Ophelia’s eyes had not left the prince’s face even as he narrowed the gap between them, admitting that he lacked shame in seeing what it was she had chosen to wear and encouraging her to feel the same. And although she had been anything but confident moments prior to their conversation, he left her feeling just that. She smiled brightly as she watched the prince mount their horse and took his extended hand to mount beside him, dipping slightly after sitting upon the saddle and snatching her mother’s book out of her bag as the rest of their companions moved to mount their steeds as well. There was a moment of silence as Ophelia looked over at her in laws, their family, and what was now hers as well. They bore smiles and a warmth that could have been felt from miles away. But she knew such would be carried with them long past Helena. Such love did not fade but resided heavily between the bonds that created it. They would succeed in their mission. She could feel it.

As if on cue Balin moved to her side though she need not his help to translate the spell as she had used it many times in the past for trivial matters, just as she had led Decker to believe. But rather, instead of motioning to inform her, the entity seemed to be there for support. He offered her a nod of his head in approval and watched carefully as the princess began flipping through the pages until she at last found the one she knew to be familiar. There was no need for incantation, nor were their words written upon the page but rather a strange circular symbol scribbled upon a blank canvassed space that lay divided only by the spine of the book. Ophelia carefully positioned the feather in the middle where the pages were divided and swiftly slammed the book shut. For a minute, there was nothing. But as time began to pass the cover with the golden carved face began to emit a light from its eyes, as did her own, its mouth barring shut as if it were alive. And suddenly….. She could see them.

Her now completely illuminated eyes had enhanced in vision, darting around as she sought past the city of Helena, the villages, the fields, and water ways to what was a city surrounded by forestry and life on one side, with a wall as high as the kingdom itself to keep out the majority of the ocean on the other. There just beyond the tree line were two familiar forms that walked hand in hand bearing smiles emerged. And although she could not hear what it was Daemon and Cherina were saying, she knew that they were content. Safe even.

Ophelia reflected a smile of her own as the light slowly died down and her vision returned, her hands moving to give Balin the book as she slowly grew aware that such was what he desired and watched as he returned to Sophia’s side with it before then turning back to face her new family and husband. Her spirit had been brightened drastically in seeing the couple so cheerful and unharmed. She hoped to bring as much relief to them as well.

”Both Daemon and Cherina are well. They have traveled a great deal and have just arrived in Hemlov.”

User Image

Balin was wrong. It was something to yearn for. And Sophia did so with all her might. With ease he had picked her up and delivered her to her stead. He then left her, but returned shortly after with Ophelia's book. She knew that he worried about caring for another female, especially after what had happened with the woman who had fathered his only daughter. But he was going to be a father again, therefore all was not lost.

In addition Sophia was confident that she could get the information she needed to retrieve Balin's body from Vera. The witch wasn't easily persuaded, but she knew just what could put the woman at her disposal. She had been right about what she said at the castle-- they weren't much different. Not just because they sought out men for company, but in their reasons for doing so. Sophia had only ever wanted someone that would look at her the way Balin did-- without judgement of the past. She had no doubt that Vera would do just about anything to meet a guy equally as liberal. And the fairy knew plenty.

Not that she wasn't happy with the body the entity possessed now. It was simply that she had hoped if things did become more than friendly, she could perhaps have a chance at a second child with him, or a third. Maybe it was foolish. But even though she had been skeptical about being a mother, Balin standing by her side through it all was empowering to say the least.

What many people didn't know about Sophia was that she liked to draw. It was something she had put to the side for the sake of other activities, but last night she had started again, filling a binder full of parchment with designs for the nursery she hoped Decker would add to her room once the baby was born. She would not be returning to her father's ship, as everyone was in agreeance that a pirate's life was not what was best for an infant. Once they were settled, she had hoped to show Balin her ideas. And she had even harbored the notion of sharing a room with him. Of course, he was welcome to stay in the book, but knowing he was nearby when she needed him was enough.

There was also another matter that weighed heavy on her mind; Ophelia did not yet know who her true father was. And so, Sophia worried her daughter would grow up unaware that she had an older sibling. She didn't know what she would have done without Mortian, as growing up alone would have been incredibly difficult. She hoped Balin understood that keeping this secret no longer just effected him, but his family to come. Luckily, she would have plenty of time to speak about such, once they stopped for the night.

Sophia held the book close with one arm as the father of her child slipped within the pages for the journey. She held tight the reins whilst the wind whipped through strands of her dark hair as she followed close behind Decker and Ophelia. Her cousin had always been a fierce rider, just like Remian. And such was obvious as the group attempted to keep with them. They stopped only once to let the horses drink before continuing on. But even the prince couldn't outrun the the night. Shadows had begun to trail them as the sun began to set.

A chill breeze ran over the Land, as they finally crossed into the forest that surrounded Hemlov. She knew the city well, her father had often stolen from the merchants as he considered them to be the lowest of lifeforms among the people of any city. Most were willing to trade innocent lives, for the trinkets they desired. It was a city filled to the brim with rich royals and nobles vacationing from all over, and hardly any within the walls knew the seriousness of poverty or famine. The King was an arrogant p***k, who called his servants-- slaves. He was a cruel man to those not as privileged as he, but his black heart seemed to have no reflected on the aesthetics of the Kingdom. It was a magnificent place to visit, and from afar it could have been easily mistaken with a paradise.

As they rode along the creek just outside of the bridge which lead inside the city, Decker stopped his horse and all who followed halted. He glanced around at their surroundings, seeing nothing but verdant green forest and crystal blue waters to the left and right of them. But it was not what it seemed. On the contrary, Hemlov's woods were full of bandits and scavengers looking to pilfer from royals. He wasn't a man who concerned himself with ambushes, as he knew the probability was high. So because of that, he didn't plan to get much sleep anyway. Decker knew most of the people here could take care of themselves. However Shiloh and Ophelia were not exactly experienced on the battlefield as far as he was aware. And as the future King, and more importantly as family, he wanted to be sure they returned to Helena in one piece.

He quickly dismounted his horse, looking back at Jackson and Mortian to give them the signal that this was where they would be making camp. The land near the creek was clear of trees, but full of fresh grass were they could sleep and make a fire. There was merely a matter of food. Decker reached up, getting a firm hold on the slim waist of his wife from beneath the cloak he had given, and gently pulled her down from the horse. Since Mortian always seemed more than happy to help the girl unpack, he would leave that to the imp. For it was only recently that he learned that the two were friends. Admittedly, the news made him feel uneasy, but he would never speak about it unless provoked.

Decker gently placed Ophelia onto the ground, his penetrating gaze looking down upon her for much longer than he would have liked, before he managed to speak, "I brought you a bow and arrow, one I created myself." He whispered, as he could already see Jackson making his way over. But surprisingly, the man past them by and moved right to Sophia who struggled to dismount her own steed momentarily with the book in hand. Decker rolled his eyes, knowing that his cousin would only cause trouble in paradise. "Once we have made dinner, perhaps you would join me in practice--" He had been hoping to be alone with Ophelia, so that he might express the way he was feeling about their arrangement, but such was not a possibility with so many familiars around.

"You mean after we set up the tents and pair everyone off as well?" Vorianya asked rhetorically from her own horse, whom she was unpacking. "I think it's best, this place is dangerous at night."

Decker rolled his eyes and turned his head slightly to address her. "I know as much, which is why I will not be resting."

"Hardly a solution." Vorianya replied simply. "If you do not rest our travels tomorrow will be uneventful. We can take turns. In pairs of course. As I said."

The prince looked down at Ophelia, relaying to her his frustrations with a soft groan.

"We're in Hemlov now. You not the future King anymore, simply my younger cousin. And I'm telling you this for your good." She called, as he bag hit the ground and she began riffling through it for her tent. "I'll share with Shiloh."

Jackson grinned, raising one hand in the air as he placed the other on Sophia's backside to guide her down the horse. "Oh! You a*****e, get off of that!" She shrieked, pushing his hand away as she hit the ground with a thud from the surprise of it all. The book tumbled from her arms and opened up in the grass as she huffed aloud, looking up at Jackson through strands of messy hair. "You are disgusting!"

"Well I got my partner!" He laughed, with a click of his teeth and wiggle of his eyebrows.

But Vorianya merely rolled her eyes. "Are you going to watch Sophia, or actually keep a look out?"

"Why can't I do both?"

Decker had to admit that the man was persistent. It was a quality he admired, just not all time.

"Because lives are on the line." She moved hastily to Shiloh and looked up at him with an indifferent expression, although her heart was pounding. Vorianya was an extremely tiny girl, barely five foot two. But she was more bite, than she was bark. "Did you need help with your things?"

In the meantime, Decker moved to his own horse to retrieved the weapon he had perfected that morning for Ophelia and brought it back to her. "For you." He swallowed, holding out the bow and pack of arrows in either hand in the hopes that she would accept it. His eyes had fallen, as a bit of his confidence was washed away by her beauty. "Perhaps the arrows could help us catch dinner..."

"I AM SERIOUSLY NOT SHARING A TENT WITH THIS LOUSE!" Sophia wiggled with her butt in the grass, her arm steadily pushing away Jackson as he attempted to reach down and pick her up. Her expression was that of extreme displeasure and a hint of real anger that was few and far between for an upbeat fairy.

Decker allowed a ghost a smile move across his lips; this was already a very eventful evening. "I have never fished before..."

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

♛ The ride into Hemlov’s forestry had been a quiet one with the exception of the hooves beating the earth beneath them and the occasional huff of their mounts. A small stop had been made along the way but otherwise their ride had gone uninterrupted. It was only upon hearing the sound of a babbling stream that their horses slowed, a bridge coming into view up ahead. But the group neglected to cross. For whatever reason Ophelia did not know but instead of questioning the motive behind it she lay her trust in her husband who she knew was likely more in tune with such details than she. Ophelia had never travelled. In fact leaving the castle at all had been a rarity, let alone her room for that matter. The journey to Helena was as exciting a trip as any in her eyes and the majority of it had been spent under the supervision of the Axton family. A relatively safe experience given the circumstances. One that did not require concentration or worry for one’s safety… Unfortunately such could not be said now.

As soon as Mortian was given the signal, the imp evaporated causing his horse to whine and stagger slightly from the sudden absence of its rider. Shortly after he reappeared at Decker’s side, having been prepared to help Ophelia dismount but suddenly being left to watch as his cousin did so in his stead. He watched with a cold gaze as the fairy slipped off of her saddle and gently met the ground with the prince’s aid. There was a twinge within him but he quickly brushed it aside in favor of unpacking her luggage less Decker decide to do so as well. ”I don’t suppose you packed anything of use. Your bag is a bit heavy don’t you think? I’ll leave you to blame my mother for that. She-“ But upon turning to face her Mortian found that Ophelia wasn’t paying his word any mind… But rather, was enthralled with whatever it was Decker had begun uttering in his hushed tone. It was true, Mortian had not been pleased with the notion of Decker marrying his ‘friend’ but it wasn’t until now that he had begun to experience the full extent of such displeasure. Naturally the imp had taken to the role of Ophelia’s keeper when Balin wasn’t playing the part, as he was far more controlling. To see her now under someone else’s care…. Nevertheless, to see her enjoying Decker’s company whilst only mere days ago he had attempted to pawn her off to whatever man was willing to take her… It left the imp boiling and undeniably sour over the whole situation.

”I’d like that. I’m also very eager to see just how good at ducking you are after all that bragging. Can never be too careful, you know.” Ophelia whispered back although her tone was far less subtle than that of Decker’s. She was practically exuding elation over the idea of spending time with him as well as the added honor of learning first hand how to use one of the weapons he’d crafted. Her words were filled with tones of amusement and teasing, all of which made it apparent that she was oblivious to the occasional look of annoyance Mortian cast the pair, although the same could not be said for Vorianya’s desire to take control of the situation. Ophelia’s lips pursed in befuddlement over the woman’s demeaning manner in which she addressed her priorities with Decker as well as made it clear just how much she cared for his title outside of Hemlov. Granted her concerns were valid, but that was not to say the prince hadn’t already considered them which is what he attempted to clarify with his cousin only to immediately be reprimanded for his methods. The entire conversation did little to ease the anxious souls around them and instead left both parties frustrated with one another, Decker having looked to Ophelia to express aggravation and forcing a smile to part her lips as she placed a hand on his forearm in a form of consolation.

It was during this exchange that Jackson had managed to draw the attention of not only his sister, but the only other two who might have been opposed to his intentions of sharing a tent with Sophia. One of which dwelled within the pages of Ophelia’s book and almost immediately rose from the crypt upon having heard the fairy’s distress. Balin’s body emerged from the leaflets quicker than Ophelia had ever witnessed in her time with him, his hand wrapping around the front of Jackson’s neck as he lifted the boy, only to shove him several feet back. The sight may have been startling to those who hadn’t known the entity long, but Ophelia knew that such an instance was not a demonstration of the full extent of Balin’s strength. It was merely a warning.

”IF YOU SO MUCH AS BREATHE HER WAY, I WILL END YOU! I don’t give a damn which one of you brats is in charge. So long as we make it clear, if there is going to be anyone sharing a bed with the woman bearing my child, it will not be this man.” Balin’s voice differed from the one he used to rebuke Ophelia, nor was it filled with the same uncertainty he experienced when addressing Sophie, but rather it was brimming with the wrath he’d felt upon having discovered her in the throne room, weakened and his child violated.

But whereas Balin had initially feared having to fight for his will to be carried out, he soon found that he was not the only one not in agreeance with Vorianya’s compliance to allow Jackson to sleep to do as he pleased. Mortian had stayed silent initially, but upon having seen just how content his cousin was with manhandling his sister, he jumped on the opportunity to get his say in.

”You’re right. It won’t.” His eyes shot towards Vorianya in distaste, knowing that this would likely be the start of a long rivalry with the woman once he’d spoken. ”Frankly I couldn’t give less a s**t how your dad runs his crew. But on my father’s ship, no one goes near Sophia. No one looks at her, no one speaks to her, and they damn well better keep their hands off of her. You’re mother isn’t dead anymore. There’s no excuse for Jackson to will his sorrows away spending his nights with strange women, nevertheless one who’s pregnant and wants nothing to do with him. So unless you want to keep bitching about who’s giving orders, and put your brother six feet under, I suggest you start reconsidering your priorities. Because my sister is one of mine. And that’s not about to change any time soon.” Mortian turned to Sophia then and nodded his head towards his bag and crossing his arms over his chest. ”Sophie, Balin, and I will share a tent. The dead don’t sleep and I don’t think he’ll be taking up too much room. I’ll take Sophie’s watch on top of my own. She’s going to need the rest. And if anyone has a problem with that, you better get over it quick. I’m not in the mood to put up with any more unnecessary bull s**t than I already have to deal with…. I’m going to gather wood. I suggest the rest of you find something useful to do while I’m gone. “

And so without leaving any leeway for further discussion, Mortian was gone. Leaving the group to sort out the rest of their duties and allowing Ophelia the opportunity to readdress Decker’s proposition. She didn’t want to stick around long enough to allow Vorianya to ruin any attempts they made to separate from the group and so without any reason to stay, she took Decker’s hand in her own while her other tightened around the bow he’d made and shifted the strap supporting the pack of arrows onto her shoulder. Leading the way towards the creek and abandoning what was left of their group to finish setting up camp. It didn’t take long for Ophelia’s rushed pace to quicken into a slight frolic as she hurried through brush and allowed herself a moment to express her gratitude, slowing once the sound of the water grew near.

”Your cousins, they…. Get along this well all the time? It seems rather tedious, remembering to get in fights over such silly things. Hopefully the fresh air will do them good? Our catch might help brighten spirits too, if we’re lucky. Though I wouldn’t doubt it. This bow… you crafted it beautifully Decker. I’m very grateful you’ve given me the opportunity to use it, albeit my hands are terribly inexperienced.” She paused mid step then as her thoughts reeled back to how she’d felt upon hearing Vorianya weigh so heavily upon him. Again, it was not that the woman’s words were without reason. It was merely the manner in which she had chosen to put them that did not sit well with Ophelia. She wanted Decker to know she supported him, regardless of what choices he made.

”I know it might not mean much. But your plan? I didn’t think it poor at all. Granted you’ll need sleep too and I think it would have worried me to know you’d gone without rest…. But…” She took a deep breath then and fell in step with his own, delaying her excitement if only for a moment so that she might fully enjoy what time she had with him without worry that he might have found her lack of input prior to Balin and Mortian’s outburst as a means of expressing distrust in his decisions. ”Well, I suppose I’d find your restless gaze far more affective in spotting an oncoming attack in contrast to Jackson’s lustful one.”

User Image

Jackson hit the ground with a thud, but that the impact didn't wipe the devious grin from his face. He knew Balin would be protective of Sophia. But he hardly knew her, and he didn't have the right to claim her just because he had accidentally imbued her pregnancy with magic from his soul, and that of the dead. Since Alaric had brought Sophia to the castle at nine years old, Jackson had chased after, and he was just boy then-- who had his heart set on the fairy every since. Perhaps they were considered to be family, but they certainly weren't. She had a mother out there, as did Bishop. And just because they had choose to forget their past, didn't mean they didn't have one.

If his sister could chase after Shiloh, he certainly saw no harm in insisting that Sophia at least think about giving him a chance to win her heart. Mortian too did not share their blood; Cilas-- the adopted son of Silas, had fallen into the arms of Emeleia. Not that he was a one woman kind of guy, but he could certainly be convinced. There was no harm in what he was doing, even if everyone else found it repulsive. If Sophia really wanted to become a part of this family, rather than Alaric simply claiming she was, then she would have to marry into it. And he was very open to the idea of a union with what he considered to the be the most beautiful woman this land to offer.

Unfortunately, Jackson knew he would have to barrel his way through not only her over protective brother, but this body-less entity that his cousin's wife dragged around with her. It wouldn't be easy. But in time Sophia would see that it was foolish seeking out the company of someone who didn't even possess the right organ for pleasure. She was out of her league, and surely out of her mind for loving him. She didn't even know him! No, she needed to see that he was here to make her burden lighter.

"Alright old man." Jackson groaned, getting up off the ground. His sister had started helping Shiloh with his things before the poor boy could even respond to her request. She didn't even flinch at the sight of her brother being tossed around. He knew her heart was cold after the loss of her husband. "Jeeze," Jackson lifted his eyes to Sophia who was slowly getting to her feet. She picked up the book Balin had materialized out of and dusted off the cover. "I'll just keep my distance."

He winked at her, just as she looked up to scold him and Sophia scuffed loudly waving him away. "You heard Morty, make yourself useful." Her anger had dissipated rather quickly, and her tone held no real indigence. She was use to her brother coming to her aid, and speaking about her as if she were a saint-- when she was quite the opposite, but the idea of Balin wanting to protect her the way he had made her certain that what she felt for him was nothing short of adoration.

Unfortunately, despite Mortian's attempt to make things right, she had hoped that he would share with Jackson so that she might have some time alone with Balin. There was a great deal to talk about, and not much time to do it in. She wanted his body back before the birth of their child if there was any hope of getting him to fall in love with her. He needed to be able to bond with her physically as well as mentally if anything was come out this. Sophia had not forgotten that he was dead, and his emotions were likely dulled because he no longer possessed a human heart, brain, or anything else for that matter. She feared that her feelings would be unrequited forever. Still, it was nice to have even a taste of what it would be like to have his affections. He had practically caught fire at the notion of another man sharing her tent.

She walked over to him after Jackson had said his peace and slipped her small hand into his larger one. Her body shivered slightly, feeling her stomach pull and react to his presence. "It's alright Balin, he's harmless." She whispered, her other hand brushing his arm as she urged that he let the situation alone. "I'm not feeling well, would you help me with my tent." Sophia was fine-- she just didn't want him to kill Jackson. She loved the boy, even if he was the persistent sort, and at some point she had thought she had feelings for him but they were fleeting. He was like family now, and she could never see him in that light again.

"I, um, sketched some pictures. I plan to stay in the castle with the baby, I don't think a pirate's life is suitable for her or me..." The news of having a girl hadn't hit her yet. "As for names, my mother was a terrible woman, but...perhaps you had a mother or a sister..." She didn't know if he was willing to open up to her about such things. But she hoped he would. "I could go digging into your past, but I won't. I shouldn't have done it the first time, but it's how I get know people. I won't ever do that again. If you want to tell me something, you will..." Sophia smiled and bumped him playfully with her hip motioning her head toward her horse. "Come on."

In the meantime, Decker had allowed Ophelia to sneak them away from the group, who were closer to the trees of the forest, toward the creek that ran against the stone bridge. Entering the Kingdom at sundown would have drawn too much attention with the guards. And if he were to announce that he was the prince of the Helena his presence would be requested by their leader who had attended his wedding only a week and a half ago. It was disrespectful to decline, and he did not want to make enemies of the neighboring Kingdom. So he thought it best to find another way in, rather than the main gate. Or better yet, wait for Cherina and Daemon to exit from the backside. Yet, he found himself unable to completely focus on the task at hand-- for within his own, he held what felt like silk. Her skin was softer than his pillow, and her words washed over him like warm water from a spring. She was usually quiet, but when they were alone like this, she seemed to blossom like a flower.

"Vorianya suffers from the loss of her husband. I believe his ghost haunts her. And after what happened to Ana, her harsh tongue means nothing to me." He rolled his eyes at the mention of Jackson's gaze, as he had seen his cousin eyeing the princess without shame. "And as for her brother, he can be no better than the one who raised him." The thought of how misguided Lestat's and Ana's union had been pricked his heart in a fashion that made him stop in his tracks.

He tugged gently on her arm as she passed him, bringing her to the front of him so that he might speak. "I--" He cleared his throat. "I am sorry that I attempted to give you away. Or at least that was what it seemed like. Love is something that has been beyond my grasp. The bond of family is the only reason I can find to care for someone." Decker breathed, "Adelaide left me as I was revealing my deepest feelings to her. My heart was exposed for the first time, and it was damaged beyond repair. Which is why I do not understand the uncertainty I am feeling. It frightens me."

The prince didn't even know this girl, not fully. But his ignorance changed nothing. "You are unpredictable--, kind, smart...you like my inventions." He recalled how her eyes lit up upon his reveal of the bow and arrow. "You are very odd." Decker released her hand and reached for the bow and arrow she had in the other. "That contract you signed is law binding. If broken, I will lose my title."

He removed an arrow, then walked away from her as he began removing his jacket and kicking off his shoes. "The Kingdom has always come first. My mother had my father, Emeleia had Cilas and Cherina had my grandmother, who had my grandfather. I felt isolated. I thought that I could make myself useful by inventing things. I wanted someone to look at me the way that you do." Decker was not blind to the twinkle in her eye.

"And now that I have someone, I am not sure I want the throne..." He started at his gray vest and collard shirt, wrestling with the buttons. His lips were pursed together in thought and his fingers trembling from his confession. What if she thought him silly? What if she didn't understand? "Part of me just wants to be a man, who invents but has time...to live. I have been governed all my life. But when we are together I feel free to make my own choices. To be myself..."

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

♛ Ophelia listened intently as Decker spoke of his cousins and the reasoning behind their behavior though her smile refused to falter until he reached out for her, taking her arm and guiding her back in front of him after having closed his statement with a remark made on who she assumed was Jackson’s father. It was clear that the subject of family had sparked another line of thought. One that went back to their own relationship, as Decker had now returned to the subject that had ended their night together the day prior. He was broken. Hurt. That much was clear as the prince went on to apologize for his attempts to send her into the arms of another man as well as explaining why it was he had such a difficult time learning to care for others without reason. Adelaide had wounded him when all he had done was open his heart up to her. And in being in such a vulnerable position, he had allowed her the opportunity to tear him down. It was the risk many ran in confessing their deepest most sincere feelings for another. Unfortunately it had been that risk that impacted Decker’s ability to love the way he deserved to, and in turn felt out of place amongst those closest to him, they having had someone to share such feelings with while he had no one.

But despite this, there was yet hope. In his clamoring for words, Decker had also revealed the possibility of having had feelings for her. His compliment, the manner in which he addressed having wanted someone to look at him the way she did, the mention of the contract and the possibility that he might not have wanted the throne after all, the notion that he had someone now, that he had her. It filled Ophelia with an undeniable sense of relief and delight. It filled her with hope. Decker had spent his entire life on a path set for him without having been given the opportunity to, as he had said, be himself. Her desire remained adamant. She wanted Decker to be happy beyond all else. And if he was fearful of taking the step towards achieving that which he wanted, she would gladly be there to help him. It wasn’t just about finding love anymore. It was about helping him to find himself.

Ophelia was speechless for a time, having stood almost motionlessly with her arms at her sides and her breath drawn as she watched him slip past her, removing his jacket and shoes. She didn’t want him to be afraid. She wanted him to see what she saw in him and to know that it was okay to stray from the path he’d been set on years ago. She wanted-

”I like you.”

The words had come out so abruptly and without hesitation that Ophelia was almost certain they hadn’t belonged to her. But as the gentle breeze wisped past her parted lips and tickled her tongue, she knew it was she who had said it. It was startling…. And yet she did not regret it. Not even despite the sudden weakness she felt plaguing her knees or the clamminess of her hands afterword as she approached her husband and slipped off her shoes as well.

”I just…. I think you should feel free to make choices you are happy with. To be happy. Your family loves you Decker and they want what’s best for you as well as to know that you are satisfied with the life you’ve chosen. And if that is not the life of a king, I don’t think they would think any lesser of you. I certainly won’t…. You are talented, honest, and a man of good heart. You don’t need a crown to help people. And you certainly don’t need it to live… If this is what you want, and if it feels right, then I don’t see why you shouldn’t take the opportunity, whatever choice that may be.” The princess glanced over at him briefly, but returned her gaze unto that of the current before them in fear of meeting his own after what she’d said.

”Besides…. I rather like it when you’re being yourself. I don’t think it’s something you should feel the need to hide.”

Unfortunately, things back at camp weren’t any more productive. Although Balin had already been eased away from Jackson through Sophia’s gentle persuasion, the entity’s mind was still reeling with ways he could end the boys life without having to clean up the aftermath. It wasn’t until the fairy made mention of having sketched pictures. She did not say what of, but from the sound of it, it had something to do with their child and the decision she’d made to stay in the castle after their daughter was born. Such suited Balin perfectly as he would be able to stay close to Sophie and in the meantime, keep a careful eye on the infant. He had not intention of separating from Sophie or the child. He’d lost his opportunity to be a father once, he refused to lose it a second time. The only remaining matter left it seemed was…

”A name…..” He mulled over the possibilities, but wasn’t left with very many. ”I lived with my aunt I’m afraid. My mother was a common whore and leeched off of her sister for basic needs, food, a roof over her head. She’d spent every last dime on potions that did little to stop her from breeding and by the time she was twenty five, she’d bore four children. We were scattered throughout the kingdom I grew up in. I haven’t a clue what happened to the rest of my siblings, but the youngest, my sister. Her name was Raegen. She had a temper that one. Didn’t let any of the boys pick on her growing up and would go out of her way to make a reputation for herself amongst the rest of us. Pick pocketing coin off merchants, snagging trinkets out of the local shops. All in good fun of course… I once caught her returning a watch she’d snagged off the tailor when we weren’t looking…” It was a fond memory amongst few others. He didn’t say much else of his sister, as much like the rest of the past, she had faded with time. Her life had ended at the tender age of fifteen after having been trampled by a group of knights on horses sent through the slums to clear out the ‘riff raff’. It was a day that dwelled heavily upon his mind… even now.

”You needn’t worry about prying, Sophie. I have nothing to hide. If you have anything on your mind, don’t hesitate to ask. But be weary. There isn’t much good that comes from a man of my upbringing…”

Shiloh on the other hand was rather intrigued with whatever it was Balin had to say. It was a means of distracting himself from the overwhelming presence of the beautiful woman to have approached him. Unfortunately, Balin’s conversation fit the job a bit too well. After having emptied his pack of its supplies and carrying the pile of tent equipment in his arms over to Vorianya, the prince’s desperate attempt to stay in tune to what it was that Balin was saying led him to stumble over a rather small root sticking out of the ground and send him tumbling forward, his materials being thrown onto Vorianya and blanketing her in the tent’s fabric.

”Oh gods! Are you okay? S-Sophie she’s not speaking, I think I killed her! What have I done?!?!? Vorianya!?!?!?!?”

User Image

She liked him? He wasn't sure why, but it was almost as if the words didn't come from her mouth. Decker was afraid that he had simply heard it in his mind. He stopped breathing for a moment, his heart seizing to beat, as she came to his side and began kicking off her shoes as well. He tried to focus on the task at hand, his knees quaking beneath him as he partook in her encouragement. She was right, of course. If being King wasn't going to make him happy, even if he only realized as much now, then perhaps it was best that he did not take the throne. Either way, he was quite certain his title would be stripped from anyway-- leaving Alabaster in charge of Helena. That was what the elder desired most. He had been next in line before Alexander came bursting into the Kingdom, claiming to be the cure to the plague that was Liam. The townsfolk immediately took a liking to him, and those who had been in cahoots with the warlock fled the city. With a phoenix on the throne, Alexander had thought that magic could return to the land, and so he passed the responsibility off to Remian, but such was not the case. Everyone knew about the gift that such creatures possessed-- they could read auras, seeing into your soul, and nobody wanted to prosecuted for the things they had done during their former King's rule. The city was broken. Just like Decker. And he wanted to fix it. But becoming King when such was no longer a priority, was not the way to do that.

But to whom would he give the power?

His oldest sister was already a queen, and Cherina was married to the enemy's son. As much as he trust her judgement, he could not allow Daemon to be King. So now he was left with family. But his mind did not venture far. Sophia was a perfect candidate. She, like Bishop, was not only magical, but an oracle as well. Although foolish with her body, her mind was a completely different entity. And speaking of such, Decker did see something very admirable in Balin. The creature didn't say much, but that was not what made a man. Sophia was smart and beautiful and in love. He would surely be her King. And with a being like that on the throne, fantastical creatures would pour into Helena from all over. His heart swelled at the thought, as he looked to Ophelia was a smile upon his face. He did not hide it behind gratitude, or kindness-- as he revealed that he was genuinely happy. "I have an idea." He chimed brightly, his pale skin lighting up beneath the moon which was finding it's position in the evening sky. The heavens were painted an array of blues and purples as the night approached, and their was a slight chill in the air.

"Sophia. She is perfect. She is a fairy, magical, a seer, and with child. The city would have much to celebrate. No longer would they be under scrutiny of a King who can see auras, but a Queen that see the truth in the past of all who approach the throne. She is pregnant with an heir, and I am sure she will have problem choosing someone to rule beside her. And I--" The words had come spilling out of his mouth like ants from an anthill. The weight of the world had just tumbled from his shoulders and suddenly he could breath. "I could focus on you." The enthusiasm had vanished from his tone, leaving him sounding exhausted. But that wasn't it. His heart was laden with an overwhelming amount of joy. Ophelia did not reprimand him; did not force duty in his face the way Adelaide had. "I did not expect to feel the way I do about you."

He turned to face her, just his head first before his entire body followed suit. "And it is not that I have to hide, but that I am misunderstood. However you seemed to be able to decode me just fine." Decker looked her over briefly, his eyes falling to what lay beneath his cloak momentarily before he drew a deep breath. "Ophelia. Why are you dressed this way? And again, not because I am ashamed, but because I do want to get the wrong idea." He lifted the arrow in his hand, titling it forward to point to the pack he dropped into the grass. "You should take one, we will need to hunt for our dinner. Or rather our breakfast, because I do believe this might take all night." His heart was pounding in his ears as he swallowed the lump in his throat. He hoped that she had been trying to catch his eye. He prayed that contract meant nothing to her. And Decker swore that if she did desire him, he let her know that it was not for naught...

In the meantime, Sophia's face had gone from bright to white. Just as she prepared to respond to Balin's quip with something he likely didn't expect, the shriek of Shiloh startled her. She turned around, half expecting the camp to be on fire, only to find that the boy had dropped his things all over a very hot-headed Vorianya. She grumbled beneath the fabric of the tent, kicking her feet and screaming loudly, before she pushed the material away. Her dark hair was a mess atop her head, as she glared up at Shiloh wanting to yell at him for being so clumsy. But instead, her gaze softened, and her words seemed to be trapped in her throat. Sophia raised a curious eyebrow, knowing that expression all to well. It was one of a woman overcome by cute. Surely, it wasn't an easy thing to do. But the young boy had enough to go around. He would never mean to cause harm. And although Vorianya was quick to lash out, she knew the innocent from the guilty.

"You did not kill me!" She blurted suddenly, her face running red with embarrassment from the way he had stolen her anger from her lips. "It will take more than than you falling over your own feet to kill me." She got up in a hurry fixing the frills on her dress, before her golden eyes found his. "I'm alright. Really." Vorianya's pursed her lips and reached out to run her fingers along his jaw. "Are you?" She was fighting a smile, suddenly finding amusement in his ridiculous fears...

Sophia smirked, turning back to Balin, whose hand she still held. By comparison, the entity could have likely swallowed her up. She was comforted by not only his size, but his authority as well. Nevertheless, such also frightened her. It was then her expression faltered, and she was left feeling burdened. "If you have nothing to hide, then I think it best you tell Ophelia the truth. And not because it would liberate you, but because I want my-- our...daughter to have an older sister to help guide her when I am not able to."

Sophia had wanted to speak boldly. She had wanted to ask him to become her boyfriend, she wanted to ask him to go tell Mortian that he should share a tent with Jackson, she wanted to ASK him to have a look at her designs for the baby's room and tell her what he thought. But instead, a 'suggestion' came out of her mouth, and she immediately regretted it. She felt sick instantaneously and took her hand from his nervously, stopping in her tracks. "I'm sorry! That is not my place! I shouldn't have said anything!" Sophia feared he would leave her-- disappear into the book and never come out again given such a hearty demand. "Balin, I--" She didn't look at him, her gaze was cast downward and already her bottom lip was trembling. She feared upsetting him more than she did anything else.

"Balin you act as if you are not worth anything to anybody. But that is so far from the truth. You are very important to m-- Ophelia. I have seen her past, and her future. And it cannot be without you. I just--" Sophie gently embraced herself as a breeze rustled through the camp. "I know that this would make you happy. And I want nothing more, than for you to be happy. And to see yourself the way that I do." She paused, trying to find the courage to speak what was in her heart. "I do not see a man stained in the blood of innocence, but one stained in the blood of his enemies. Only, there is one more left to defeat. And that is himself..."

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

♛ Balin was taken aback by Sophia’s request, not just because how bold she’d been in saying it, but because it had also never once crossed his mind. It was almost shameful. He’d been so busy dwelling upon the fact that he would get a second chance to be a father that he hadn’t so much as considered what affect the child’s birth would have on the one he already had. Sophie was right. Ophelia was as much part of his family as their daughter and both had the right to know…. They simply could not go on growing up side by side without being able to form a proper relationship. It would be stealing away their chance to be siblings as much as Ophelia’s mother had stolen away his opportunity to be a father to his firstborn. And yet…

”I know you are right. It doesn’t surprise me that you are… Sophie you are a woman wise beyond her years.” If he could smile without fear of appearing frightening, he would. Unfortunately the pleased tone he bore would have to be enough to reassure her that he was not angry. ”But my fear does not come with just myself in mind. Yes, I do fear what Ophelia will think in knowing I have kept this secret from her for so long. But it is because I’m worried about how she will receive it. If I were to tell her the whole truth, and to make sense of it, I would be revealing the nature in which I came into this form. There is still much I have yet to learn about my daughter’s way of thinking but from what I know through experience, I can honestly say that she will not take kindly to the idea of having been the one to have ended my life prematurely. And I’m not sure if I can put that weight upon her… For someone who thrives on making those around her happy, knowing she ended a life…” It was a difficult concept to swallow. For someone who had spent years adjusting to bloodshed and had at one time taken pleasure in the thrill of war it was far much easier for Balin to take a life. But for someone like Ophelia who’s only desire had been to ease the pain of those she cared for, to please them, he feared that the knowledge of her doings would eat away at her. ”How can I tell her she is responsible for the death of her father?”

”You just do.” The entity stiffened as Mortian’s cold tone broke the seemingly anxious atmosphere as the imp sauntered past his companions and into the center of camp. ”When faced with whether or not you plague your child’s mind with the truth, you choose to do so because it is the right thing. You allow her to make her own decision and face the consequences, knowing that you are there to support her and reassure her that it is not entirely her fault. Whether you decide to tell her tonight or in twenty years, she will find out regardless. And the longer you hide that from her, the more likely it will be that she will hate you as much as she’ll hate herself. At least spare her the pain of one of either.”

Balin huffed with frustration and watched as the boy knelt onto the ground, placing several small logs into pyramidal positions and striking two stones beneath them. Mortian’s words no longer resembled those of a man sworn to secrecy…. This was his way of threatening the entity.

”No. You’re wrong. Regardless of how long I take to explain the nature of my separation from her, Ophelia would never hold it against me more than I deserve. She does not harbor anger the same way others do. And I ask you not attempt to portray yourself in your opinion of her. The two of you are nothing alike. Whatever hatred you hold for what happened to you does not and will not resonate within her. My having been separated from my daughter was not because I had chosen to do so, but because she was stolen from me. The choice was no longer mine…. Though I do acknowledge that there are those who are less fortunate-“

”Don’t you dare pity me. What my mother did was a mistake and I chose to forgive her in knowing that she attempted to correct it. You on the other hand are hiding from what has already been done. You reason that in telling her, it will only do harm unto her own self worth. But the truth is that it is your own insecurity that is stopping you. You are not attempting to correct the fact that you have hidden the truth from her all this time, nor are you accepting responsibility for it. Perhaps the real truth is that you don’t even want her in your life anymore. Perhaps you still hold resentment for having your soul so easily stolen away at the hands of a child-“

”DON’T YOU EVER ACCUSE ME OF HOLDING RESENTMENT TOWARDS HER! She was just as you said, a CHILD! A child who’s mother left without reason, who abandoned her without cause! She didn’t care how it affected Ophelia and because of that my daughter was left heart broken!!! She blamed herself and only herself for the actions of another! What she did was unwise, but her actions were made in desperation to come into contact with what was already lost, to please a woman who no longer cared for her. She knew nothing of what her mother’s spells would result in. If she had I wouldn’t look like this! I am past having been angry with her because I know it was her mother’s doing. She abandoned her child-”

”E-Excuse me…”

”WHAT?”

Shiloh winced at the harsh sound of Balin’s voice in contrast to the amused one Vorianya carried when she spoke to him. He was motionless beneath her touch, as if stunned, but no less aware of the commotion going on not several feet away. ”It’s just… You are being very, very loud…. And I thought that we were trying not to be heard…. Which is why we were sleeping on the ground. Over here. In the dirt.” He muttered whilst his eyes trailed along Vori’s arm until his eyes met hers. He was fairly taller than her, though his height did little for him. He was a gangly thing. Not nearly as sturdy as Jackson or Decker. Even Mortian who lacked in size was a far more formidable foe. She was right to think him foolish in having believed he might have killed her. He couldn’t so much as swat a gnat if he tried.

”No… No I do not think I am alright. There is strange happenings in the pit of my stomach that my father said is most certainly not parasites, but butterflies. And that if I truly wish to avoid them I mustn’t look at you for too long less I get overwhelmed or you think I’m staring. But I’m not quite sure I want butterflies inside of me either as I do not all recall how they might have gotten there in the first place….. He also said I shouldn’t tell you I had them…. Or parasites.” Shiloh’s face ran pale then as he realized he had done just about everything his father had warned him not to do. But he had warned the king, hadn’t he? Men like him did not do well with women like Vorianya. He was clumsy, dull, and much like Mortian reminded him on a daily basis, a poor excuse of an heir with an odd gate and an even stranger habit of making an a** of himself. But she…. She was just the opposite. She was perfect.

”I think I’m dying.”

”You’re not dying, you’re acting like an idiot. After you’re done helping Vori get over here and tend to the fire, since you’ve proven yourself incapable of doing much else without having a sitter nearby.”

Although things weren’t nearly as tense as they were back at camp, Ophelia was no less nervous. She too was jovial over the fact that Decker had found the perfect candidate to take the throne, and a perfect one it was. Sophia, although having grown with a great deal of trouble and misguided in her views pertaining to her own self worth, was wise and genuine in her actions. She was persistent and authoritive, but not without consideration of those around her. The people would not need to worry about an heir, as she was already bearing one, and it wouldn’t be hard for her to find a companion. She was beautiful and smart. There was none out of her reach. Her magic background would also rekindle the old flame in magic users across the land. It was perfect…. And yet as much as Ophelia wanted to dwell on that excitement, she was soon drawn to a matter far more embarrassing.

Decker had reassured her that she should not feel shame in what she was wearing, and she didn’t…. until she was reminded of the reason why. She did harbor feelings for Decker but she feared in telling him the truth that he would think her shallow in her views of him, that she merely thought he was a man of the eye and not the heart. Still, it was best to tell him the truth rather than hide behind fallacies. She had seen where such had gotten her in doing so with the knight, although it had led to her realizing how she felt for the prince. She did not wish to hide any longer…. Especially after having heard what he hoped to do with the time given to him upon turning away from the throne. This was an opportunity to delve into their relationship and live. It would be foolish not to take it.

”I……. I know it’s silly. And I hope you do not think I meant to disrespect your word when I tell you this….. After last night I too came to feel a certain way about you. Although I admit that it was something that had come to feel even before then, starting from the day you took me to the village. I liked that you were passionate and that you cared for your people. That you were honest in your feelings for them. And as the days went on I began finding more about you that I valued. B-But I knew! I knew then that you did not want a relationship and I wanted to respect that by signing your contract. But I admit I wasn’t entirely honest. I did not sleep with the man you sent to me. I know it was wrong for me to lie to you, but I simply could not respect myself in knowing that I did such things with a man I found no favor in and knew nothing about, even though I knew little about you and still managed to find favor in what you offered. I… had him move furniture around the room. I figured at least then he would not have felt useless.” Ophelia uttered bashfully and knelt down to pluck one of the arrows from the pack before returning to the other side of him, her fingers running over it as if she were solely focused on the weapon when really she was looking for a distraction to take the embarrassment away from what it was she was confessing.

”I’ve never….. been with a man. I’ve not so much as have been courted in the past due to my own isolation. And I was still uncertain of whether or not it was possible that you might have felt anything for me as I did for you, even though you claimed it having been for show. Estelle said that this was the way in which you sought out the attention of a man. She is getting married and has three children with a fourth on the way. I assumed she knew what she was talking about but I don’t think I entirely took into account the fact that her method was to get any man’s attention. And I realize now that it might make you think that I thought that was the only way to obtain yours, but I hope you’ll forgive me! That wasn’t at all what I meant to imply!” She was looking at him in a panic now as her face ran red and her skin grew warm due to the abundance in humiliation she was feeling. Surely she should have known better. Decker was not like Estelle’s fiancé. She should have trusted that if she deserved his attention, she would have gotten it some other way.

User Image

Vorianya didn't care much for the bickering. She had been doing that with her husband the night before he was killed. It was better to say what you had to, without getting too attached. What most people spewed in the heat of an argument normally wasn't what was in their heart. It was worth less than a grain of salt. And she thought that both Mortian and Balin were hiding much deeper feelings than they let on. She had only just met the imp, but he oozed all of the things she hated most in the world. He had been given everything, and despite that he chose to lurked around corners and spit on those who least expected it. This entity was no different. From what she had gathered, he was keeping a very important secret. And perhaps his reasoning wasn't completely selfish, but it was stupid. She knew from experience that sharing one's innermost woos with those they loved, was the only way to heal. Indeed, she was a different woman now than she had been before losing the man she loved, but she believed she was stronger in every way. Well all but one.... Her heart was still weak for those who treated her kindly despite her hardened exterior, and Shiloh was no exception. She found her expression slowly beginning to break into a full on smile, as he went on rambling about matters he had discussed with his father before their departure. To say the least, she found him adorable in all aspects of the word, and her heart had practically leapt into her throat at the mention of his getting butterflies when she was around. She did not know Shiloh, only of him. However that did not keep her from feeling close to him. He was strange, but so much so that it was intriguing.

"Well then, I assure you, whatever is in your stomach isn't going to hurt you. And it certainly isn't parasites." She found her face was hot as she let her hand fall back to her side. Her heart wasn't pounding, but she did feel odd. The tips of her fingers were tingling from the boy's clammy skin. "Also..." Vorianya felt a bit shy as the words left her lips. "I like when you stare at me..." She whispered her confession, leaving his side to retrieve the spear she had brought for fishing. As it seemed the future King and Queen of Helena had run off and would not be returning anytime soon. She would leave the others to battle it out, and do all the work, as usual in any group she traveled with. "Mortian, do not call Shiloh an idiot. Takes one to know one." At least Jackson had started on the tents...

But Sophia couldn't focus on any of that. The sudden outburst of her brother made her feel slightly upset. And not because she didn't want him listening in on what was to be a private conversation with Balin, but because she knew he still harbored ill feelings in his heart. Even if he had forgiven Estelle, she knew Mortian could not overcome the blood he was born with. He was an imp. His feelings of envy were amplified due to that fact, and so whatever she felt about her parents was ten times as potent when it came to her brother. Alaric was a wonderful man. And the only time she ever really saw Mortian's soul was when the two were speaking. It was obvious that they both wished they had been of his blood. But such was not the case. They had biological parents running about who could have cared less about them. And it hurt. Still, it wasn't right to put that pain off on Balin. He was dealing with enough already.

"Morty, please." Sophia moaned softly, taking a few steps inward to comfort him. She knelt down taking his arm to stand him up, so that she might look him in the eye. "I know Ophelia is your friend and you don't want to keep this secret anymore than I do. But it is not yours to tell." She warned him with a firm look, before it broke into a smile. Sophia then wrapped her small arms around his neck. It had been a very long time since she embraced Mortian, and he was the type that needed a hug every now and then. She ran a hand over the back on his head and kissed his cheek-- for she loved him with all of her being, and she wanted him to know that. "Stop ease dropping..." Sophia teased, departing from him so that she could take Balin farther from the camp, in the hopes that he would not continue to argue with the imp.

Although she had to admit-- "You know, you're kind of sexy when you're angry." Upon her face she wore a mischievous grin as she gazed up at the glowing azure eyes of the man who now fathered her child. She had seen his past, and known his silhouette, but her visions were fickle, and she seen him only in shadows of her mind. Sophia wondered if his real eyes were this blue. It was a foolish thing to think about given all that was happening. But the fact that she cared about this man was not going to simply vanish into thin air. "Tell Ophelia whenever you're ready, and don't let my brother's accusations convict you. And by whenever you're ready, I mean before the baby is born. I am going to get your body back. She does not have to fear what has been done to you. I will undo it." The first half of her statement had been playful, but the second held much more seriousness. There was a certainty that took over when she spoke of the future. She had not seen Balin back in his body, but she knew it was just a matter of time.

In turn, Sophia took his hand again, in the hopes that he wasn't too upset to allow her to continue to be in his company. Sophia soon reached her horse which was a bit farther from the others as she had been trying to keep her distance from Jackson on the ride up here. His gaze was penetrating, and not in a good way. She then removed one of her bags that was roped to the steed and dropped it into the grass, kneeling down to sift through it for her book. It was getting dark, but Balin seemed to glow brighter than any star in the night sky, and she figured they would have no problem going through the different rooms that she had designed. Albeit, Sophia did have a favorite; she had properly bookmarked it, and flipped the binder open to the page immediately.

Her heart was smacking up against her rib-cage and she drew a deep breath in the hopes of calming it. "Raegan is a beautiful name. And hopefully, she will have just as lovely a room. I know it's blue, but...who says blue has to be for boys." Sophia stood up, backing into him gently, with the book in hand, revealing the painting she had done. "What do you think, dad?" She looked up at him over her shoulder nervously in the hopes that he would only find favor in her eagerness to discuss such matters.

However, nervous didn't even being to explain how Decker was feeling. He had been expecting some semblance of a confession from Ophelia, as he knew she had lied about the Knight, but he didn't very well think it was because she had been saving herself for him. He was flabbergasted to say the least. It was as if all the wind had been knocked out him. And although normally such was a terrible feeling, today he relished in it. Decker had never thought himself to be appealing to women. He knew his title was one to be sought after, and so the opposite sex would flock in the hopes of attaching themselves to such prosperity. However, he did not think he was capable of gaining true affection. All females wanted to be desired, but Ophelia wanted to be desired by only him. In addition, she still held her virtue. Something that was difficult to find when it came to royal or noble women. They all seemed willing to take off their clothes for any man who so much as waved a piece of gold in front of them.

But what he found most endearing was the fact that she believed he would be angry for her getting advice from others. Ideally, he wouldn't have chosen Estelle. She wouldn't know how to be a lady if it smacked her in the face. And with Sophia, the apple didn't fall from the tree. But he only found Ophelia's attempt at drawing his eye incredibly charming. "No, it may not be the only way. However, it no less effective." He smiled, looking down on her attire once more with approval. He wasn't a man who thought with anything other than his brain, but he had to admit that it was nice to know he was still drawn to womanly wiles. "I do not find fault in anything you have done, thus far. Do not worry..."

Decker sighed, his eyes finding hers as he noted the flushed look on her face. He did not fight his amusement, as a small laugh left his lips. It was foreign to him, yet not unwelcome. "I am a man, Ophelia. One who finds you extremely attractive." He was trying to dance around the fact that he too cared about her. And not just because she was easy on his eyes. But she was easy on every part of him. Including his mind. "From now on, I will be the only one permitted in your chamber. And you are welcome to make me feel useful."

Decker was not one for teasing, but this could not be helped. He spoke not of moving furniture, but something a bit more intimate. The prince could not help his thoughts wandering there. Still, he was embarrassed by his jest, proven only by his own cheeks which ran red as he abruptly turned from her and started toward the water. He dipped his toe in, feeling a chill run up his spine. The liquid was rather cold. From here, he could see the shadow of a few fish swimming by, and suddenly he felt overconfident in his ability to catch one. Taking a few steps forward, he got wet up to his calves and leaned forward quickly, to stab one of the rascals with his arrow. However, he did not account for the current, and in a moments notice he went flopping into the creek head first, banging his head on a rock. He emerged, with his mouth full as he spat and shook his braided hair in a huff. "Not nearly as simple as it looks."

Blood tickled down past his eyebrow, as he looked back Ophelia even more embarrassed than he had been a moment ago...

d r ii BONES's Fangirl

Hardcore Trash

16,475 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Senpai's Notice 100

♛ Balin wasn’t entirely ready to let go of what Mortian had said, but given the fact that Sophie was all too eager to put an end to the situation before it got any worse, he complied and allowed the fairy to lead him away whilst her brother was left to mull over her decision to take Balin’s side over his. Mortian hadn’t expected any less from his sister. But being that he was an imp, a jealous one at that, he could not help but feel somewhat sour over the way she looked to the entity approvingly. In his mind Balin was no more the father of her child than the man who had impregnated her. It was fluke. A mistake. One that bound him by responsibility, not by choice. And such only left him all the more confident that the creature would not have taken a liking to his sister otherwise. It was a point he had yet to make openly as he did not take well to seeing Sophia upset, especially if he were to be the one who caused it. But that was not to say he was above doing such a thing. Mortian loved his family but he was a bitter soul. One that did not enjoy seeing others happy without depending on him or receiving some sort of praise. It was one of the reasons he despised the way his cousin and Ophelia looked at one another. Granted they had a contract between them it wasn’t difficult to see the unspoken look in their eyes upon gazing at each other. It brought him to a simmer just thinking about it. But without a proper outlet in which he could vent such frustrations, the imp was left to take it out on the weakest of the lot.

”The ******** are you looking at? Get over here. Don’t make me do this s**t by myself.”

Shiloh was immediately brought out of the stunned silence Vorianya’s words had put him in and upon hearing Mortian’s curses he rushed over clumsily with a face tinted red. Thankfully the dim light of the fire Mortian was nurturing helped to cover his embarrassment and he soon found himself placing moss beneath the pyramid of wood that his cousin had built. Kindling the fire with moss whilst his mind was left to wander the possibilities of Vori and his future together…. If they had a future together. He didn’t think it was possible to tell someone he was interested in them by staring, but the thought of openly discussing such things with the woman was terrifying. He still wasn’t even sure if he would live through this journey long enough to figure out what such feelings meant to begin with.

Balin on the other hand was experiencing an array of emotions far more complex than those of Shiloh’s however. It hadn’t been until after Ophelia’s mother had parted ways that he discovered she was with child. And even then he had not been given the luxury of planning a nursery, deciding a name for her, or even choosing where she would live. But things were different with Sophie. She wasn’t nearly as secretive as Ophelia’s mother had been about her feelings and although both had an appetite for bodily yearnings, Sophia seemed far more genuine. She was good in heart and did not hold back in regards to her opinions of him or Ophelia for that matter. The fact that she even wanted his daughter in their lives and was so openly accepting of the idea well before he’d so much as thought of it struck him as particularly endearing. She was with good intention…… It was something he’d had trouble finding in even the kindest of women in his time and age.

The entity watched as the fairy leaned back into him and allowed him a clear view of the book she held, her fingers flipping almost immediately to a page of interest as if such had been looked at more than once in passing to the point that its placement was ingrained in her memory. It wasn’t hard to see why. There in the center of the page was the depiction of a room fit for a young babe, bedding and all. The walls were painted a soft blue and the draping of the cradle served as the perfect place for a child to sleep without disturbance…. It was…. safe. Welcoming even. Admittedly even beautiful to the point it was almost overwhelming. Balin could practically see their daughter peering over the brim of the railing and smiling out at them. And had they been in a place of seclusion then it was likely he would have left the room to be apart from Sophie if only to pull himself together. Unfortunately the forest gave him little place to hide and instead he was left to clear his throat haphazardly before giving a subtle nod.

”I hate rain on your parade, but I’m always angry.” He muttered before taking a deep breath. ”It’s beautiful Sophie. Truly. And I’m not just saying that because of the nursery. You certainly have a talent there…” Balin was left slightly bashful due to the compliment she’d given him but even more so at the notion that he was feeling anything at all over simply looking at a nursery. The child wasn’t even here yet and already he was getting choked up in what ways this form could muster.

And Ophelia wasn’t doing much better. The princess was practically overwhelmed with joy, anxiousness, and adoration after having heard from Decker that he did not find her actions displeasing and that, much like she felt, he had found favor in her… albeit it was implied in a slightly different sense. But before the woman could respond she soon found her face turning as red as the setting sun as it reflected Decker’s own embarrassment in having been taunted by the prince… Though her smile remained. She watched her husband shyly as he moved then towards the water and began testing the temperature before going in after a fish. Unfortunately he did not make it far and before the man was able to secure his prey, the creek swept him off his feet. Ophelia’s eyes widened in shock and almost immediately she removed his cloak before moving to help him, only to watch as the now soaked prince emerged from the rapidly flowing water. A look of relief lit Ophelia’s face but faded as a steady stream of blood began to trickle down his forehead. Her attempt to reach him was renewed as her legs shifted into the water and she hurried to Decker for a second time, her arms waving wildly in front of her as she almost fell and grabbed his shoulders for support.

”Are you alright? Are you hurt at all? Decker…. Decker you’re bleeding.”

Ophelia reached up and pushed away some of his hair away from the wound and looked around her desperately. Normally had she been without immediate assistance the princess would have resorted to using her own clothing to bandage wounds… Unfortunately given Estelle’s advice, there wasn’t much she could sacrifice to the cause. Ophelia felt sudden panic in seeing the blood further glide down Decker’s glistening face and in an act of desperation, the princess knelt down and cupped a handful of water before throwing it in his face…. It wasn’t nearly as effective as she would have liked and in realizing how foolish the notion had been she put the palms of her hands against the sides of her face in humiliation.

”I’m sorry, that wasn’t a very good idea…. We….. We’re a mess. But I don’t suppose Vorianya would be too happy with us if we didn’t come back with at least one fish.” She said as she looked both he and herself over in disbelief. The moon was out and here they were standing in quick current waters attempting to catch a fish with arrows by hand. And yet for some reason it was no less entertaining. There was something about having admitted to her feelings to him and being out here now, alone in such strange circumstances, that felt liberating. It was likely that any attempts they made to catch a decent meal would fail. But that didn’t mean they couldn’t enjoy what time they had together before returning to camp.

Just then something peculiar caught her eye…. Decker’s pocket was moving. Ophelia neared him curiously before cautiously reaching only to let out a gasp and retract her hand carefully, a very small and very lively minnow held twixt two of her fingers as a wave of excited laughter fled her lips.

”Decker! Decker you caught a fish!”

It was no trophy by any means and yet Ophelia was no less proud of his accomplishment, her smile practically radiating as she looked up at him.

User Image

Balin wasn't very good at taking compliments; she knew such would likely always be a truth for him. He had low self esteem, and she could certainly relate to that, being as she had never had much self worth. Her mother had always treated her like property. Therefore, she sought out Alaric in the hopes that he could absorb all that pain. However her problems ran much deeper than even a conqueror would be able to remedy. For she hadn't yet discovered that the torment of the past wouldn't simply go away by being loved, but by loving someone else.

Sophia had never felt as free as she did right in this moment; knowing that she was capable of having a family of her own, with one of the kindest men she had ever met-- well it made her heart two times too big for the cavity her chest provided. The woman was swelling with pride as she looked down on what was to be the chamber for their child, before the book suddenly fell from her hands into the grass and she hit the the ground with a thud. Her stockinged knees bore into the dirt, as she clutched her stomach and flashes of light that only she could see blinded her. She had been thinking about the baby she bore, and Balin-- whom she had promised a body, and now the gods were providing an answer.

A vision trampled the young oracle, leaving her crumpled in pain as it flashed through her mind like lightning. The images were overwhelmingly graphic, as the life of another flashed through her mind so rapidly that it was almost agonizing. Still, she was use to the abruptness of the all, and held her screams-- only letting out a brief moan before it ended, and she toppled over on all fours. Sophia grasped for air as if she had just been held underwater, while tears began streaming down her flushed cheeks. Her vision slowly returned to her as she attempted to catch her breath, slowly registering all that had been revealed to her in what was less than a few seconds time.

She huffed out loud, managing to get one hand from underneath her to gesture to Balin that she was alright. She knew he was protective of his child, and surely would want to see no harm come to her. The pregnancy had hindered her ability to see into the future-- as such vivid predictions weren't something she'd experienced in a few months time. Sophia wasn't even sure how far along she was, but she was certainly past her first trimester. Already she was starting to show, and although she wouldn't be putting pants or a skirt over her corset anytime soon, she was forced to cover her top with a cloak or a cape to hide the weight gain.

"I'm fine, I just--" She tried to stand, but was far too weak. Her legs were wobbling like noddles under the stress. "You know Adelaide..." She whispered, easing herself up off her hands and settling back on her calves in the hopes of pulling herself together. "The one that use to be Decker's lover. Well that boy, the one who supposedly died-- Klade, or Kade, ever whatever his name was.... Well he is a mercenary as she said, but he's also very much her son. She was pregnant with him when she met my cousin, and...she didn't have the heart to tell him. She must have come to the castle seeking refuge from his father."

Sophia's exhausted expression finally changed, and she drew a smile from her lips as she looked on, into the shadows of the forest. "His real name is Achilles. And he is the son of white wizard-- one who will go through many test and trails in the next eighteen years to come. And when he is of a mature age, he will be able to give your body back." She was thrilled, her eyes spilling over with more tears-- albeit these were joyful ones. "Its a much more complicated story than that I am sure. But...I saw it. I saw him with your body in his arms..."

Although there was talks of Adelaide and her misdoings, Decker was too far away to be concerned about such things. And way too infatuated with the woman before him to worry about one that had been unfaithful from the start. There were so many things about Ophelia that he liked, that he wasn't sure she could ever do anything to upset him. They had known each other for a short time, but even so, the prince was hard-pressed to a see a future riddled with arguments. He had come to care for Adelaide in a short period of time. However they had not gone longer than a few hours without bickering about something or another. So it was nice to know that Alaric and Estelle weren't the only ones that could go fifty years without a credible fight. Alexander and Belva were always at it, as was his mother and father-- despite most being once sided.

He had never sought a romantic relationship, but now that there was a glimmer of hope between he and Ophelia-- he didn't want to run away from it either. He had dedicated himself to this girl, regardless of the time he spent chasing the throne. And perhaps that was never what he wanted in the first place. Decker was still discovering himself. And with his wife's support, he hoped one day he could find true happiness; something he felt right now as she reached into his pocket and revealed that he caught a fish.

Irrespective of it's small size, her smiled was enough to make him feel as if he speared a whale. "Indeed, it seems I have." He said, as water leaked from every inch of him. His head had stopped bleeding, thanks to her speedy work, but he decided it was probably best they left catching dinner to the experts. And as if the minnow had read his mind, it wriggled from Ophelia's fingers and jumped into the current being swept away between his legs. Decker let out a short laugh, his eyes lighting up as he knew the happy smile on his spouses face was soon to vanish. "All my hard work...." He chimed reaching up to gently stroke her cheek with his thumb, before he reached down to take her hand. He brought it to his lips then, and turned it upward, leaving her silky palm with a moist kiss. "Come, we should get back to the others. I shall stick to my inventions. Hopefully Vorianya had more luck."

And that she did. The golden eyed woman emerged from the creek with a spear full of a salmon, as her brother rolled a few large logs around the fire that Mortian had created. Luckily, there wasn't a cloud in the night sky, and the lights from both the city and the stars above provided a decent amount of illumination on their own. Moreover, it wasn't too chilly, so they would only need the flame for dinner. As a fire burning all night would only lead bandits right into their camp. Still, she had to admit, it was nice to see Shiloh being useful. Albeit, she was surprised he wasn't afraid of the amber sparks. But maybe he was, and simply hadn't said as much yet.

Vorianya laid her spear on a log nearby him, her eyes resting upon the prince for a moment before she heard her brother clear his throat rather loudly. She snapped her head in his direction to give him a deathly glare, for she didn't think she was doing anything wrong. Her husband was dead. And there was certainly nothing wrong with looking...as long as she didn't touch. "What do you want?" She hissed.

Jackson merely jerked his head back, as she noted the silhouette of Decker and Ophelia; the two returned to were on their way back to the camp. "You probably should get started cooking. His royal highness will want us to head off to bed as soon as possible. We need an early start."

"What the hell does it look like I'm doing?" Vorianya replied, pointing back toward the spear full of fresh fish.

"Staring at Shiloh." Jackson replied, with no shame whatsoever.

Which caused the woman's cheeks to run red as the fire she was standing next to. "OH PISS OFF." She sputtered, going to dig through her sack for the rack she had brought to cook their dinner upon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff