Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Hunter

User Image

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXItsuma Yokai Form
                    XXXXX████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Itsuma shook his head "You're a kiddo, of course you're small. I'm a grown up comparing to your world, so I'm no giant" When Kohaku mentioned that he would continue to grow Itsuma couldn't help but chuckle "Sure kiddo, just a couple of more centimeters. I really doubt you'll manage to reach my height" He gave out another chuckle "However, if you manage to, please search for me. But until then, you're small" Of course it bothered Kohaku to be compared to a rabbit, and he made it vocal almost immediately, but simply Itsuma smiled smugly, and he knew that he wasn't going to reply for the moment. In the end, he shook his head "Of course kiddo. Just giving you a heads up" Itsuma replied with the last comment.

He continued to walk further into the forest. Of course it couldn't be compared to one of the human world. The tree's looked the same...But at the same time, they didn't. There was always a mist going around that seemed to have their own light. Some trees were completely white, glowing as well. There was not much of a sound, but you could always feel a gentle breeze coming through, moving the leaves every now and then. The flowers at his feet were often stranger shapes than the ones found in the human form, and seemed to follow them with each step they took. Itsuma managed to walk slow enough so Kohaku would be able to see around. He was sure he wouldn't greatly appreciate feeling a bit locked with so many trees around, but after a while they came with more spaces around trees, and a road was formed. So Itsuma kept on walking.

Omnipresent Gatekeeper

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Married 100
User Image

Kohaku YuX
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

“Hey I’m gonna grow really, really big, you’ll see. Way more than a few centimeters. You’ll going to regret making fun of me.” He pouted, his brow’s scrunched together. He was defiantly going to grow tall. When he was an adult, and tall he was going to track Itsuma down and make fun of him for being shorter then him. He’d defiantly show him.

Kohaku was in awe, truly in awe. He’d never seen anything so, so beautiful. Granted he hadn’t lived very long but still. The tree’s looked kind of like the trees from his world, but they were different. The mist carried with it light. The breeze always seemed to be there, gentle rustling the leaves above them. The flowers, they were so different then the flowers of his world. They looked so strange and yet so…”Beautiful.” He uttered as Itsuma walked. He hadn’t been paying attention to where they were going, no he was to lost in the beauty around them to even care where they were going. “Everything looks so strange, but it’s so beautiful. Is all of the spirit world like this?”

Aged Hunter

User Image

Itsuma turned his head to glance at Kohaku as best as he could, and continued on walking. It seemed that he was at awe with the spirit world. For Itsuma it was a familiar sight, so nothing surprised him so far. But for Kohaku, that besides being human he was little and still discovering things, this was of course all new "Well yes. Though there are forest even brighter than this, or darker. It changes, like in the human world one village is not the same as the other, stuff like that" Itsuma answered "There are of course not only forest here. There are mountains, we occasionally have snow every now and then. We have rivers, we have oceans even though I have never seen it. It's...It's similar to the human world, but at the same time it isn't" Itsuma sighed. The human world didn't had many of the things that the spirit one had. However, the spirit world also missed things. They didn't had a sun, the sky could be blue, but they had never seen the sun here. They just knew it was day and night because it was brighter and darker respectively. Likewise, they didn't have stars, at night it was just a deep blue color up in the sky.

"Anyways kiddo" Itsuma began "If you're getting hunger or tired tell me, I brought food. Though for being tired you'll have to deal with it and wait until we return home" Itsuma then sighed "But if you want me to pick you something up so you can see, say it as well. Because you're looking like you discovered the world again"

Omnipresent Gatekeeper

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
User Image

Kohaku YuX

Everything changed in this world. Nothing here seemed to be exactly like another. That alone was interesting. Of course his world and this one held some of the same things from what Itsuma told him. “You mean like the sky?” He looked up at a sunless sky. For some reason where there should have been a sun there wasn’t. “Why doesn’t this world have a sun? Is it hiding?”

“No way, we just started. There’s so much to see to, there’s no I’m getting tired anytime soon.” His hunger well that was a different story but at least for now he was fine. He was more interested soaking everything rather than eating. Itsuma had offered to pick things up so he could have a closer look and he couldn’t help but smile. “Thanks.” He continued to look at all the different flowers that crossed there path. “Why do some of the trees and plants glow?” He tried to look at Itsuma’s face before looking at the trees. “Are all the flower’s in this world shaped weirdly?” He asked assuming Itsuma had the answers to all his burning questions.

Aged Hunter

User Image

Itsuma looked up for a moment at the sky, before he shook his head "We have no sun. From where we get the light, or at least where this plants and trees grow with, it's a mystery, even for us. Your world's mechanics are easier, here is even a mystery even for those older yokais" Itsuma replied "Later I'll get you out at night, and you'll see we don't have a moon or stars. Still we get that light you get from the moon" Itsuma replied, before Kohaku could even try to question that too.

They continued on walking and Kohaku continued asking "Yes, most of them glow. Some are like your word, brown and green. But most of them glow. You can easily get lost if you get encountered with mist and you don't know the road" Itsuma had spent years walking through the forest nearby his home, so he knew the paths. And in any ways he could always fly. Then he asked about the flowers "Yes, there are all weirdly shape. Well, at least they're not shaped like yours. There are some similarities, but of course there will be something different, for example..." Itsuma picked up a red orchid flower that as soon as he had it in his hand, it closed down, turning purple "This looks like an orchid from your world, but it changes color as soon as you pick it up"

Omnipresent Gatekeeper

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
User Image

Kohaku YuX

So they really had no sun? Yet despite that there was still light. It seemed like no one knew why. The sun wasn’t the only thing missing it seemed even the stars and the moon were themselves missing from this beautiful word. “Eh? You don’t have a moon or stars. That’s kind of sad.” He loved to stare at the night sky, watch the stars twinkle next to the big old moon. He glanced up again at the empty sky. “….Maybe it’s hiding? Like it’s invisible. It’s there, but no one can see it. You know?”

“But you know the way right? Cause your always taking your brooding walks every day right?” Itsuma seemed like he knew where he was going and he hoped he was because otherwise they might end up lost. Then Itsuma decided to show him just how different the flowers here could be compared to the flowers from his world. He watched as Itsuma picked up a flower and watched immediately as the color changed and closed in on itself. His eyes widen. At the mere sight of it. It was just like the flower in his world and yet it was so different. Then he looked at Itsuma. “….It’s kind of like you.” He smiled as he patted Itsuma’s head.

Aged Hunter

User Image

Itsuma shook his head "I don't think it's hiding. Someone here would have noticed it already" Itsuma replied, looking at the sky, however he chuckled and shook his head "But we do have something you don't when night falls. If you are really good today I'll show it" Well, any way or not he would show Kohaku how night was like in their world. At least the boy wouldn't be bored that day beyond measure.

"Of course I know. I've walked through this forest even before you were born. I know the exit and the entrance. So don't worry, we won't get lost" For Kohaku, who was a human and of course didn't knew this forests as well as Itsuma did, it would be more than easy for him to get lost.
                          It seemed that the little stunt with the flower did impressed Kohaku, because he was looking at it like it was some sort of thing from other world. However, when he compared the flower to him, and later pated his head, he sighed "At what way I'm like this flower? I don't change colors" Itsuma replied. However he went over to pick another flower for Kohaku to hold. At first glance it looked like a rose, but as soon as it was held it started to glow, and it's petals began to open, showing a black center.

Omnipresent Gatekeeper

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
User Image

Kohaku YuX

“Then do you have a better explanation for why it’s not up there? No. So it’s for now its hiding.” He nodded his head as if to approve the idea. But then Itsuma said something curious. “Eh? What is it? You’re going to tell me right. Hey tell me.” He uttered as the other remained quiet. Obviously he wasn’t going to say anything and he was going to be forced to wait till tonight to Itsuma’s surprise.

“Obviously not, but that wasn’t what I was referring to silly.” He uttered as he stared at the flower for a moment. “It’s just….you two have something in common.” Though he wasn’t sure he should say what it was. He didn’t want the other getting mad. “….Sometimes…You close up like the flower.” Every now and then he got close to Itsuma, but Itsuma just seemed to close himself off. He didn’t want to get close, to him or to anyone it seemed.

Itsuma picked up another flower a rose but not a rose as he would soon discover. As soon as it was touched the flower glowed and he became entranced by the glowing flower and it’s black center. “It’s so pretty.” Itsuma handed it to him and he just stared at it with wide eyes. “Can I keep it? Please?”

Aged Hunter

User Image

Itsuma couldn't help but raise his brow when Kohaku dictated that as they had no way on telling if the sun here was hidden or not, it would be. Though he would have liked to argue, he was saying that against child logic. And of course he knew that kids could be quite annoyed if they wanted to change their ideas.
                          And the mention of showing him something at night only got Kohaku to get a bit annoying, saying he wanted to know "No, and besides, remember to be good, or I won't show it to you"

There was silence as Kohaku tried to explain why he was so similar. But after he was done, he couldn't say no to the kid. Well, he was right. He closed to the world. He didn't wanted to have anything to do with it. He just closed like the flower. Even if this kiddo was the closet thing to opening up with someone "Mm..." It was the only reply that came out of Itsuma. Whether it was a disapproval grunt or some noise that he wasn't taking what Kohaku said too seriously, it wasn't known.

After he had given the flower to Kohaku, and him getting fascinated by it, Kohaku asked him to keep it. Really, did this kiddo thought he was his parent? However, instead of saying no, he sighed again "Alright, you can keep it. Just don't make a mess of it or try to break it apart" Itsuma grunted, and continued on walking. Every now and then they would find another flower, Itsuma would tell him what it did, and continued on. Some he picked up. Like a flower that expanded and changed it's smell. Other that seemed to glow, but smelt quite bad. Other that he told Kohaku that if he drank the inside it would taste like honey and milk. Sometimes he found another flower like the one that Kohaku had asked him to keep, and he would pick it up and give it to Kohaku to keep. He also let Kohaku touch at some point the trees that were glowing, though that for his disappointment it didn't changed, but continued on glowing. They spent too much time outside, and by the time it was getting quite dark, Itsuma was already returning, Kohaku fascinated with his flowers because they kind of light the way.

Omnipresent Gatekeeper

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
User Image

Kohaku YuX

Silence fell after he’d explained how he and the closed flower were similar. The more it dragged on the more he assumed that he’d angered the other. The small grunting reply wasn’t helping. It only made him think his assumption was correct. “You’re mad aren’t you? You’re defiantly mad.” But he couldn’t help it, he couldn’t help but point out the similarities between the yokai and the flower. They were just so alike. So closed off from everything. He was sure he was mad though. The last time he made an observation he was left crying with Itsuma’s remarks. Probably the only reason Itsuma hadn’t said anything was because he didn’t want to deal with his crying again.

“What? Why would I do that?” He stared at the flower before looking at Itsuma. “This flower’s to pretty to break apart.” He uttered and it was. He really liked the flower. There was something calming about the soothing light it emitted. It put him at ease a little.

Itsuma continued to point out various flowers and all the things they were capable of. Each one of them was unique and beautiful. Even the smelly ones. The tree’s, he’d admit were a little disappointing. They didn’t change when he was allowed to touch them. Still he was fascinated with the flowers of this world. It would be hard to leave them all behind when the time came.

Kohaku gently clutched his glowing flowers which were currently lighting the way for them. He couldn’t help but smile. “I had lots of fun today.” He uttered, sounding very much like the excited child that he was. “We should do this again tomorrow. You can show me more flowers. Oh and animals. You guys have animals here right?” He was getting ahead of himself. But he didn’t care. He couldn’t wait for their next adventure. So much so that he almost forgot who he was talking to, Itsuma the yokai who didn’t want to get attached to anything or anyone.

Aged Hunter

User Image

Itsuma didn't replied when Kohaku both asked him if they could do the same the next day, and if there was animals here. First of all, the part of the animals was kind of the surprise when night fell, so he didn't wanted to get Kohaku already excited for that. And second...Even if the trip had been enjoyable, Itsuma was still hesitant. He was getting close to Kohaku, and that couldn't happen "...We'll see, kiddo" This time, kiddo came a bit colder. He wouldn't mind, sure, but Itsuma was worried. This was too much interaction, so he would have to give it time.

They arrived to his home at last, and Itsuma again settled Kohaku down to sit on top of his table. Then he took out the untouched sweet buns "Go ahead and eat, I have to get some things out" Itsuma got his mask off, and went inside his room, leaving for a good couple of minutes. Just as he returned it was already getting dark "Alright kiddo, let's get this done so you can go and sleep" Itsuma took one of the leftover sweet buns, and while eating it he picked Kohaku again. He let him take one of his flower so he could have it while being outside.

Itsuma had picked up a really old old futon he had used. Now it's purpose was when he wished to sit on the ground outside, without fearing to get dirty from the wet grass. This time however, as it had not rained recently, it was going to be used for Kohaku to be as comfortable as possible.
                          So with the futon in one hand, balancing the sweet bun in his mouth, and holding Kohaku up with his other hand, he got out again. Though it was dark, the show would take a bit longer to start. So he settled everything. The futon was laid down, and soon enough Kohaku was laid down, too. Itsuma sat down next to the futon, and finally finished up his bun.

"Alright kiddo, you better pay attention" Itsuma announced, and remained silent. He knew that Kohaku would be dying to now what was going to happen, even to the point of asking what was up, but he decided to let the other see.
                          For starters, once it was obvious that it was 'night' the glowing trees dimmed down. It was now more noticeable the lack of stars and moon, yet there was always the mysterious light. But as some minutes passed, the show started.
                          From the leaves of the trees, many many flowers began to bloom. It was almost like they were being born at the same time, some flickering every now and then. After most of the flowers bloomed, however, the fireflies came in. Well, they looked like human fireflies, but instead of being yellow, their light was blue. And they were attracted to the flowers, so as soon as they could they began to fly towards the glowing flowers. After each flower and each firefly had it's pair, it was time for the best part. The fireflies, some way or another, managed to chop down the flowers from their branches, and began to fly, up in the sky, with the flowers in their tiny feet. At first it wasn't noticeable, but as soon as they were more distant away, it seemed that they were carrying stars.

Omnipresent Gatekeeper

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
User Image

Kohaku YuX

There it was, Itsuma closing up yet again. He told him we’ll see but his voice sounded so cold. He couldn’t help but sigh and frown. Another outing was probably out of the picture now. So he wasn’t going to bother getting his hopes up now. He really was just like that flower they saw. One minute open and the next closing himself off.

Itsuma sat him on the table and handed him a sweet bun. He slowly nodded his head as Itsuma went to get his things. He took a few bites but he still couldn’t help but think about Itsuma, how he kept putting distance. It wasn’t that he didn’t understand the other he did truly. He didn’t want to get attached that was fine. But it still hurt none the less. He was used to being around other people, he was use to making friends and forming bonds and it was just, hard. It was hard adjusting to someone who was so different.

Itsuma returned and lifted him up. Somehow he wasn’t quite sure how considering how much he was carrying. But they were outside and he was laying in the worn out futon. “Pay attention, pay attention to what? What am I suppose to be looking at?” How was he suppose to pay attention if he didn’t know what he was suppose to be looking at? It made no sense.

He looked towards the tree that were now dimming. With the lack of light the tree’s emitted he could see how dark it was becoming. Yet there was something, there was light. He titled his head slightly as if doing that would help him see what the light was. Then he saw it. Flowers that grew from the trees. Lots and lots of glowing flowers. But then he noticed something else. Fireflies. But they weren’t normal fireflies they weren’t yellow but blue. They took the glowing flowers from the trees. His eyes widen as the fireflies left. Because from far away they looked like stars. He couldn’t help but gasp at the very sigh. It was just so beautiful, he’d never seen anything like it. Nor would he ever. “Where do they take them, the floors I mean.” He uttered as stared at the sky.

Aged Hunter

User Image

Even after Kohaku's insistent question of paying attention to what, Itsuma remained silent. He knew that as soon as it all started he would get what. And of course, as it happened Kohaku was silently at awe with it. He was sure that there was nothing similar to this on Earth, this was just one of the good things that the spirit world had that the human's didn't. Even though it had passed a long time since Itsuma just felt as much awe as Kohaku was experimenting, he enjoyed the sight once more. It wasn't just the pesky fireflies that came at night and lift up the flowers, just creating some annoying light sometimes, but simply this beings making their quite not filled world a bit more beautiful.

"They're taking the flowers to other trees" Itsuma replied, while still watching the show "It's like the seasons in your world, the flowers on this trees will only bloom this month and two more to come, then this flowers will not bloom until next year. They stick the flowers to other trees, that give life to trees that are dying or just need food besides the sun and water. So they will keep shining. That could also be the reason why the trees seem to glow" Itsuma really didn't knew, but nevertheless that was what he believed happened "It is something that you don't get to see in the human world, huh?" Itsuma sighed, and looked at the tree that was in front of his own house. That also dimmed, however no flowers bloomed. Itsuma never understood why, but the tree was just there, glowing at day and not blooming at night, so it was strange. Still, he enjoyed the view of the trees in the forest.

It was quite late when the last fireflies finally lifted up the remaining flowers. Many of the initial ones were still visible in the distance, really looking up like they were stars. Itsuma sighed, and stood up. He could see Kohaku, even if he was fascinated with the sight, was falling asleep "Alright kiddo, time to go to bed" Itsuma announced, and ignoring any protesting coming from Kohaku he lifted him up, this time normally, picked up the flowers that Kohaku had brought, and lead him inside. He would pick up the futon as soon as Kohaku fell asleep. He leaded Kohaku to his room, and set him down with some of his flowers down the futon, helping him lay down "Alright, sleep. I'll bring a vase and water for your plants so they don't wither away quickly" Itsuma sighed, and stood up.

Omnipresent Gatekeeper

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
User Image

Kohaku YuX

“Other trees?” He asked and Itsuma elaborated more. He explained how the flowers helped other tree’s. Those flower’s the tree’s made helped to save others and he couldn’t help but smile. “There like friends helping each other out.” The tree’s and fireflies helped out there other friends. It warmed his heart a little at the very thought. “No defiantly not.” No nothing this beautiful and strange ever happened.

Kohaku just looked to the sky as the fireflies flew further and further away, looking even more like stars. Despite his fascination and wanting to continue to stare at the fading stars he was becoming tired. It seemed as if Itsuma caught up on it. “Eh? Already?” He uttered as he was lifted up into the other’s arms. “But I can stay up longer, I’m not even tired.” He lied and yet despite his words Itsuma led him inside.

He was taken back to his room, Itsuma laid him down on his futon and promised to bring him a case for his flowers. “Fine.” He uttered as Itsuma stood up. “I could have stayed up longer you know.” He lied yet again before pouting. There was so many fascinating things in this world and he just wanted to see everything before he was forced to leave.

Aged Hunter

User Image

"Oh yeah kiddo, you sound like you could go on awake all night" Itsuma said sarcastically, he knew very well Kohaku was lying to be outside and watch the fireflies just a little bit more. However, he also needed to rest, and he could...Well, bring him out another day. Though Itsuma didn't wanted to, he could always bring Kohaku out again. It wasn't good for the kid to be locked in his room without nothing to do.

After he laid down Kohaku the other complained of staying for longer. Itsuma turned, sighed and shook his head "I know, but you're lying. You should sleep like all little kids" Itsuma then kneel down and pat Kohaku's head "...You know, it isn't nice to keep you here, so..." Itsuma wanted to say that he was ready to go with a human healer, but still he didn't trusted Kohaku holding it well "If you're good, and don't cause me trouble, I'll take you out another day" That was all that he was going to promise. Taking Kohaku out another day. Hopefully the boy wouldn't fuss about it "And once you're up, I'll move you outside of the room. I'm sure you would like to explore, but we need you to start walking too. Your wound is better, so you should try to at least stand up"

With that being said, Itsuma finally stood up, and headed towards the door "Now sleep. I can't let you stay awake for longer or you won't heal good. I'll bring the vase and place the flowers there quietly" With that said, Itsuma finally left the room, ready to fetch the vase and get the futon inside.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff