Welcome to Gaia! ::

COLOR1 = #76EEC6 LUCY'S COLOR = #816687

User Image

Jeremy just watched as Marie skipped back towards Isabel, Dylan and Rex. So. . .Marie had just kissed him. It wasn't that big of a deal. . .Jeremy liked it as much as any guy could like a kiss but he was still too spun up about what had just taken place to really give he and Marie's kiss a whole lot of thought. Shaking it off, Jeremy turned back around to see Lucy, Quinn and Tommy standing only a few feet away. Both Quinn and Tommy appeared to be enthralled while Lucy didn't seem all that excited. "Punching, Dylan then kissing his girl? Dude, you have some serious balls." Tommy exclaimed in amazement which sort of made Jeremy smirk as if he knew how much of a bad ass he really was. "Well I thought it was incredibly brave, standing up for Lucy like that." Jeremy just shrugged as if it was no big deal but then his ice blue eyes landed on Lucy who still looked just as sour as she had before. "What's the matter, Louisiana?" Jeremy asked almost playfully. "You look like you just found out that One Direction broke up." He teased as a small smirk danced across his lips. "More like incredibly stupid." Lucy snapped coldly in regards to what Quinn had said about Jeremy's bravery. Immediately, the smug expression on Jeremy's face changed to both confusion and frustration. "What?" He narrowed his eyes in disbelief. Was Lucy really pissed off at him for punching Dylan square in the face? As she pushed past all of them, Jeremy looked to both Tommy and Quinn who appeared to be just as bemused as he was. A dead and still silence lulled over everyone as Lucy marched over to where everyone was crouched around Dylan who had streams of blood oozing from his lip and down his chin. "What's the matter with her?" Tommy hissed under his breath while looking at both Jeremy and Quinn for an answer. Quinn just shook her head slightly in response as if to say this wasn't the time nor the place to try and figure out what Lucy's hang up was with Dylan.

Jeremy stood with Tommy and Quinn in absolute silence as they watched aggravatedly while Lucy tended to Dylan's wounds. A part of Jeremy was so disgusted that he had half a mind to just walk back to his grandparents house but something kept him there although he wasn't sure what. If Lucy wanted to stick by Dylan's side and be his own personal punching bag, then so be it. . .That was her choice but as long as he was in Cottonport, Jeremy was going to make sure that Dylan knew he couldn't push him around like he seemed to do with everyone else. "Dylan, baby, are you okay?" Marie suddenly broke the silence with a shrill squawk of distress. Exhaling a long sigh as he waited for Lucy to finish playing doctor, Jeremy looked up at the blue sky. . .Several puffy clouds were beginning to build overhead but at the same time, the sun beat down giving no relief from the heat of the day or the air that was saturated with humidity. A flock of birds flew overhead and the never ending hissing of bugs could be heard coming from every direction. Finally, though, Lucy had finished whatever it was she'd been doing and stood up from Dylan before she began stocking back towards Jeremy, Quinn and Tommy. "Now let's go." Lucy sighed morosely; knowing that everyone around her wasn't exactly happy with her. "Hey come on, what happened back there?" Tommy demanded as he followed closely behind Lucy who had just pushed past everyone and was making a bee line for her beat up truck. As soon as Tommy had asked her what happened, Lucy stopped, whirled around and faced Jeremy. "Why did you hit him?" She demanded. Once again, Jeremy was stunned. He opened his mouth to say something but he couldn't even begin to explain why he'd hit Dylan. . .There were so many reasons and it was impossible to pick just one. However one response burned in the back of his throat and threatened to spew out but instead, Jeremy just closed his mouth and glared back at Lucy with the same disapproving expression she was giving him.

"Yeah, Dylan's a bit of a prick." She began to explain as if she could actually read Jeremy's mind. "But he didn't hurt you in any way, and you just punched him for no God damn reason." Jeremy scoffed in disbelief. . .Lucy could not be serious right now, could she? No, Dylan hadn't hurt him but he'd certainly hurt her and more than just once. "I had plenty of reason to sucker punch him. Anyone here has plenty of reason to sucker punch Dylan." Jeremy fired back angrily just as Quinn said Lucy couldn't be serious after Dylan had shamelessly bitch slapped her in front of everyone. "We're done with that!" Lucy cut Quinn off mid-sentence then returned her hard gaze to Jeremy. "If that was the case, then you should've let it be and move on." She said to him in the most irritatingly condescending tone possible. "Yeah, well, I don't need you or anyone else to tell me what I should and should not do." Jeremy sassed Lucy. If Jer had a dime for every time he'd said that exact line, he'd be a very wealthy man. After all, he'd gotten himself through primary school, he'd started working at the age of 16 so he and his mother would actually have money, he'd gotten himself through high school and into college. He'd been forced to make adult decisions from a very young age and therefore, was convinced he didn't need anyone to tell him what to do. Fuming and caught up in his own frustration with Lucy, he was brought back to Earth when Tommy threw in his two cents. "Don't worry about her Jeremy, she obviously likes getting smacked around." "Tommy!" Quinn instantly reprimanded him but even Jeremy could tell that Tommy wasn't finished saying what he wanted to say and honestly, Jer wasn't going to try and stop him from telling Lucy whatever it was he wanted to tell her.

"Excuse me, but you were the one who raced Dylan, you were the one who brought us here, this has nothing to do with me!" Lucy yelled in response. "He didn't make you come here. . .You decided to come here all on your own." Jeremy tactfully pointed out but his statement was overshadowed by Tommy's fitful vent. "Are you kidding me? This is all about you! You're the reason we're in this mess! That asshat wouldn't even be in our lives if you didn't decide to whore around with him just because we weren't screwing anymore!" "Tommy! Enough!" Quinn finally yelled over Tommy. For a long moment, everything was absolutely still. So Tommy and Lucy had been a thing before Lucy and Dylan were a thing? That was kind of surprising to Jeremy but then again, how many datable kids were in this town to begin with? The fish in Cottonport's sea had to be few and far between. Shaking the thought, Jeremy looked from Tommy to Quinn and then to Lucy. . .The pain on all of their faces was evident and suddenly, Jer felt like the awkward third wheel. He didn't know the history behind how all of these people were so emotionally connected with one another and even though he had quite a bit of his own baggage, it didn't seem to go quite as deep as these kids. Then again, Jeremy's friends back home all had their own demons to deal with in their home lives so they didn't bring much friend to friend drama to the table. They all faced similar struggles and therefore, had a mutual, unspoken understanding. However, Quinn, Tommy, Lucy, and even Rex and his posse seemed to have issues with each other that were always bubbling dangerously close to the surface. "Hey, that's not what I meant." Tommy suddenly spoke but it was evident that what he'd said was too little, too late. "Look, can we just get out of here." Lucy breathed almost shakily. Jeremy sighed through his nose and squared his shoulders. "I couldn't agree more. . ." He muttered then took a step towards where Lucy and the others had left their cars.

However, Jeremy hadn't taken more than three before a raspy voice called after him. "Hey where d'ya think you're goin'!?" Jer stopped and slowly turned to see Rex jogging towards him. "That was some shit ya pulled back there. And as Dylan's best friend, you're lucky I don't whoop your scrawny ass right now." Rex now stood only a couple feet from Jeremy and was squaring up to him. "Listen, I'm not afraid to give you a busted lip to match your buddy's over there." Jeremy said through tight lips and nodded his head in Dylan's direction. However, Rex stood rooted to the spot and his threatening expression didn't waver for a second so Jer balled up both of his fists in preparation but soon enough, Rex's stoic expression turned into a lopsided smirk. "So you're lucky the girls like you." Rex said while he backed off slightly then looked at both Tommy and Quinn. For some reason, what Rex had said left Jeremy feeling as though he'd just gotten an invite to join Dylan and his clique of "bad asses". "They do?" Jer deadpanned and raised a doubtful eyebrow knowing that Marie liked him but Isabel was a little more difficult to read. "Speaking of, the girls wanted to go down to the lake to do a bit of. . .swimming." For some reason, the way Rex said 'swimming' didn't make it sound like they'd actually be doing any swimming. "Sound fun?" He asked. Jeremy only studied Rex suspiciously. For some reason, Jer didn't believe a word this dyke-boy said. There was no way 'swimming' meant a peaceful afternoon at the pool. . .There was something going on and Jeremy wasn't going to take the bait on this one. "Let's do it!" But apparently Lucy was going to take the bait. Jeremy looked over his shoulder at her with a perplexed and annoyed expression. "What? Why not?" She began stammering while Jeremy, Quinn and Tommy stared her down. At first, Tommy hesitated but then he spoke. "If Lucy's cool with it, so am I." It sounded like he was trying to kiss up for the ugly remark he'd made moments ago. "Plus, it might be worth it to see Quinny here in anything less than what she's wearing." Tommy had a sly grin on his face while Quinn's cheeks instantly turned a bright shade of pink. "Tommy." She giggled like a little school girl before Rex finally spoke. "Cool, so we'll see ya there." He basically decided for them and with that, he turned around and began walking back to where Isabel, Dylan and Marie stood.

Lucy's truck rumbled down the rutted dirt road in complete silence. The cab of the truck rattled noisily and a cloud of wafting dust billowed from behind as they followed Tommy and Quinn to "the lake". There were thick trees hugging both sides of the narrow road but the early afternoon sun still shined through the canopy of leaves above their heads. The clouds in the sky had continued to build and build looking like tall towers of puffy marshmallows -the tell tale sign that a big storm was coming- but the sky was still a near flawless blue. Jeremy stared out the windshield not looking at anything in particular as he took a drag from his cigarette and then blew the remaining smoke out the side of his mouth. He was still aggravated with Lucy and therefore, wasn't speaking to her at the moment. Blinking slowly, Jeremy looked out the passenger window before he flicked some cigarette ashes out the window and hen rested his wrist on the window sill boredly. "Hey listen." Lucy finally broke the silence as they slowed and turned around a tight curve in the road. Jeremy slowly turned his head to look at Lucy when she spoke but as soon as he caught her gaze, she looked as though she'd just been stunned. . .Like the words she was about to say were just caught in her throat. Widening his eyes slightly, Jeremy gave Lucy an impatient, expectant look, queuing her to continue but instead she just gawked a few seconds longer before returning her eyes back to the road. "I. . .um I. . ." She sputtered while Jeremy continued to wait for her to say what she wanted to say. Secretly, he was hoping that Lucy would apologize to him for acting like a self righteous bitch earlier but Jer could already tell that Lucy wasn't the type of girl to apologize. . .especially to kids who weren't locals. Giving a small sigh, Jer brought his teeming cigarette back to his lips and inhaled the toxic smoke. "Be careful who you mess with Cincinnati, or else this town can be a hell hole. . .more than it already is." Lucy finally managed as they continued to blaze down the dirt road. "Look." As Jeremy spoke, smoke fizzled from his mouth and nostrils. "I'll only be here for a couple months or so." He implied. "So it's not like anything I do is going to follow me around and make life more miserable than it already is." He said in the most cavalier voice that he could manage. After that, the remainder of the ride to the lake was silent.

Finally the never ending grove of trees broke into an open expanse revealing nearly no shore line but a lake that was surrounded by rocky outcroppings that were also covered in trees. The lake itself wasn't too sizeable but it wasn't exactly tiny either. The water was a muddy green and light ripples danced across it's surface. Tommy and Quinn had arrived to the lake moments before Jeremy and Lucy had and Marie, Rex, Isabel and Dylan were already there stripping down to their skivvies. In silence as before, Lucy parked her truck where she could and jerked the gear shift to park. "Come on, I'm sure someone is very excited to see you." Lucy bitched as she climbed out of her truck and closed the rattly door behind her. Jeremy just rolled his eyes and flicked his cigarette butt out the open, passenger window. "Took ya long enough." Quinn quipped as Jeremy slid out of the old truck and closed the door noisily behind him. Currently, everyone was stripping down to their underwear except for Lucy who now didn't look so sure of her own idea in coming here. Looking around, Rex and Dylan were already in their striped boxer shorts while Marie and Isabel were down to their intimates as well. Quinn's shoes were off and Tommy had carelessly tossed his shirt onto the hood of his car. For a moment, Jeremy allowed his eyes to linger on both Isabel and Marie who appeared to have no idea that he was sort of watching them with a certain amount of interest. Then, when Marie reached for her bra, Jer felt a twinge of excitement surge through his lower region and up through his stomach, but before her delicate fingers even reached the back clasp, Lucy was chastising her. "I don't think so Marie." Lucy bossed. "If you're going to be doing this, do us all a favor and keep your unmentionables, unmentionable." Feeling a little disappointed, Jeremy had to wonder if Marie keeping her bra on was in "everyone's favor" as Lucy said or if it was really just in Lucy's favor. Shaking the thought, Jeremy began to untactfully un-tuck his blue polo shirt. Once it was free from his khaki's, Jeremy pulled the used Lacoste polo over his head to reveal his average male physic and the tattoo on his left ribs that he'd gotten in honor of his mother.

"I don't think I'm getting in, sorry." Lucy finally proclaimed just as Jeremy had yanked his black, leather belt from the loops in his pants. What? She wasn't going to swim with them? It was her idea to come here in the first place. Resisting the urge to scoff in annoyance, Jeremy just tossed his belt on the hood along with his shirt and went about sliding off his dress shoes and socks. "What's wrong? It was your idea to come here." Quinn practically took the words from Jeremy's mouth. Frustrated with her as he was, Jeremy was actually a little disappointed that Lucy wasn't going to join them in their water time activities but then again, he considered her mood. . .It was probably best she didn't swim because she'd likely be a buzz kill. Sighing, Jeremy pulled off his shoes and socks and put them with his other articles of clothing before he unbuttoned his pants and began to pull down the zipper. "You know the lake and I aren't exactly best pals, besides, who can compete with you?" Jeremy heard Lucy justify her reasoning as he pulled off his pants and put them with the rest of his clothes. He was now down to a pair of dull, grey Diesel boxer briefs that were so old, the waistband was tattered and fraying along with the hems that hugged Jeremy's mid-thighs. Ignoring Lucy and Quinn, Jeremy walked past the two girls and over to where everyone else was standing, which, was consequently at the edge of the cliff before them. "Rex! Stop!" Marie squealed just as Jeremy stopped to stand beside Tommy. At the sound of Marie's voice, Jeremy looked over to see Rex flirtatiously shoving both girls off the edge of the cliff. However, just before both of them toppled over the edge, they grabbed Rex and Dylan and pulled them over the rocky edge too. Nice going ladies." Jer thought as he stood beside Tommy in silence. "Come on city boy! Let's see what you're made of!" Tommy finally laughed just before he tried to shove Jeremy over the cliffs edge. Instinctively, Jeremy dug his bare heels into the ground and tried to resist Tommy's shoving which ended in what looked like both boys playfully stand wrestling at the cliff's edge until they both lost their balance and fell over the cliff's edge. At first, Jer let out a quick, somewhat startled yelp as he began to fall but it wasn't long until his body hit the water hard and he was engulfed with murky, lukewarm lake water.

When Jeremy's head popped up out of the water, his brown hair was plastered to his head and beads of water were dripping down his face. He immediately gasped for air and began treading water before he let out a joyous laugh. "Come on girls! Your turn!" Rex hollered while Jer slicked some of his sopping wet hair back off his forehead and out of his eyes. A few moments later, Quinn scurried over to the cliffs edge and then screamed as she leapt off and fell to the water. Several minutes of splashing each other, simply treading water and even a game of chicken passed before Dylan and Rex began quietly swimming for the nearest place that they could access and climb out of the lake. Paying them no real attention, Jeremy kicked his legs and stuck his stomach up towards the sky and began floating on his back. The sky above was beginning to turn grey as the clouds clustered together and began to lower towards the ground. As to be expected, this meant that a storm was coming and best Jeremy could remember, Louisiana could have some nasty thunder storms. "Hey." A familiar voice whispered in his ear which caused Jeremy to jerk slightly and lose his floating position. treading water right next to him was Marie. "Hey." He said a little blandly as he bobbed up and down in the water. "Follow me, I wanna show you something." Marie gave Jeremy a small smile before she began swimming away. Judging by the look in her eye, Marie probably wasn't going to show Jeremy some cool secret cave or a patch of crystal blue water. It was pretty clear she had something else in mind. Looking around quickly all Jeremy saw was Quinn and Tommy splashing each other playfully. "Tommy! Stoooop!!" Quinn both whined and laughed as she shielded the side of her face from the onslaught of water that Tommy was thrusting at her. "Are you coming or what?" Marie beckoned Jeremy a little impatiently and after a few moments of weighing his options, Jeremy rolled over in the water and began swimming after Marie.

Jeremy swam after Marie until they were both out of site of everyone else although truthfully, they hadn't swam too far. The lake was full of jagged patches that jutted in and out along its shoreline. Kicking his legs and moving his arms, Jeremy followed Marie as they swam into a very small cove that was surrounded mostly by a rocky outcropping much like they area they'd just swam from. However, at the inner most portion of the cove, there was a decent sized sandy patch of flat land that was easily accessible. As soon as Jeremy and Marie had swam close enough to the shore to stand and walk, they both stood up and began trudging towards dry land; Jeremy pulling at his boxer briefs to adjust them since they'd ridden up from swimming. Marie was the first to take step onto the grainy, dry sand followed by Jeremy. "I think it's so beautiful here." She exclaimed; trying to make conversation as she rung out her curly, blonde hair. Jeremy wiggled his toes in the sand for a moment as he brushed a few water droplets off his arms and slicked his soaking we hair back. "I'm not really one for beautiful scenery." Jeremy exclaimed sort of gruffly and something told him that Marie didn't care for them either. Wasting no time. Jeremy walked over to Marie and wrapped one arm around the small of her back and pulled her into him. He then planted a somewhat forceful kiss on her red lips and the two began to make out right there on the beach. After a few minutes of sort of sloppily making out, Jeremy moved his one hand from the small of Marie's back and to her front side where he shamelessly began to slide his hand down her panties but as soon he'd done that, Marie stopped and dropped to her knees. Knowing exactly what she was going to do next, Jeremy looked down at Marie with excitement as she pulled his soaked, grey boxer briefs down just enough so that she could have full access to, well, his "important business". Watching her with a sly grin, Jeremy's smirk only grew when Marie bit down on her bottom lip, then slowly went to work with her mouth and her hand.

OOC: Yes!! Finally posted!

AccordingToKris

Partying Girl

Jeremy = #76EEC6; Lucy = #816687
User Image

User Image
                                                              The annual summer carnival was something Lucy had always looked forward to every year. Not that it was the only thing to look forward to, but something about the summer and all the little kids running around, and the amazing food provided along with the silly games and such, something about it always seemed homely to Lucy. Ever since she was a kid, she loved the carnival. Though it was provided by the church, she had a blast watching the kinds of games and everyone having fun. Secretly, she always loved planning parties. That's was her thing, planning big things, whether it be parties or anything like that really, even helped Jamie plan her wedding, which is why she was so close to her, because they planned most of the wedding together, and it was some of the best times Lucy's has had. So today, nothing can bum out Lucy. Though the previous week hadn't been the best, the week that followed was sure great. First, she finally made up with her brother and father, after they apologized for calling Lucy something she's not, basically starting all the rumors about her being easy around town. Lucky for them, Lucy was a very forgiving person, especially towards their family. To be honest, being called a whore wasn't all that bad, but it did make her feel a bit not respected. Another good thing, all the nonsense around town was finally gone. Except for Dylan and the rest of them, no one thought of Lucy as 'loose' anymore. Thank god really, that whole Loose Lucy thing was truly getting a bit too old, and if she did everything right from now on, she would likely not have to go through that anymore. Lucy somehow even got on Pastor Philips' good side, despite her antics the last few weeks, along with the Pastor's not so friendly comment earlier, but once again, she's a forgiving person. So now, about five days later, it was late Friday afternoon, and everyone had to help out with the annual carnival.

"That's the last of them." Lucy said as she hauled off the last of the carnival game prizes out of the back of her truck and her dad and her father picked up everything with their two muscular arms. "Careful Lucy! We don't wanna break anything!" Her brother laughed as they picked up the rest of the boxes so they can carry it out both to their own booth and Lucy's booth. "There you are!" A voice from the side chimed in as Lucy jumped out of the trunk of her car, turning around to see Quinn jogging towards them. "Been looking for you everywhere!" She chirped, however, before she could say anything, her dad was quick to jokingly intervene. "Well hello to you too Quinn." Her dad said sarcastically as the last of the boxes were picked up by him and Travis. "Oh sorry! Hi Mr. Jordan, hey Travis." She said politely as they all walked through the gates of the carnival. "So are you working the ball toss with Lucy?" Travis asked curiously, making Quinn giggle slightly before looking at Lucy with an eyebrow up. "You got stuck there?" She laughed. The ball toss wasn't exactly the most popular of all the carnival games, in fact it was a bit boring, and every year, two sad sacks got stuck working it, looking more bored than ever. This year, it was Lucy, and whoever else, she still wasn't too sure. "Well what about you?" Lucy asked. "Tommy and I are actually working the kissing booth." Quinn said sort of lowly since she was a bit embarrassed about it, and kind of didn't want Travis or Lucy's dad to hear, but of course they did. "Kissing booth? That's new." Her dad commented as the four of them approached the Test Your Strength booth, which was what Lucy's dad and Travis were in charge of.

"Yeah, my dad doesn't exactly think that it's appropriate." Quinn shrugged as she helped out putting up all the prizes on their booth as they continued to have a conversation. "Well I'm sure your daddy just doesn't want you to be kissing so many boys." Lucy's father laughed before she intervened into the conversation. "More like he doesn't want you playing kissy face with Tommy." "Lucy!" Quinn hissed, as Lucy smirked with amusement when her dad once again caught into the conversation. "As in Tommy Adler? When did that happen?" He asked out of curiosity, crossing his arms in front of him. "Keep up with the program pops." Travis laughed, shoving him slightly. "Don't you remember? At your wedding? They were practically makin' babies with their eyes all night. Especially Tommy with his mouth hung open." He laughed along with Lucy and her dad, though Quinn seemed unamused. "Come on Luce, let's work on your booth." She said quietly, obviously not wanting to continue this conversation anymore. "Fine." She sighed before picking up the two boxes full of prizes that were for the ball toss. "Good luck with Tommy Miss Gracen." Mr. Jordan laughed playfully as Quinn turned bright red before she quickly dragged Lucy to her booth, which wasn't that far away from her father's booth. "Thanks for telling the whole damn world Lucy." Quinn huffed in an annoyed tone as they reached the booth, while Lucy put all the prize on the wooden counter so she can set up. "Well why don't you stop beating around the bush and do something about it?" Lucy joked before hoping on the other side of the booth so she can start on her own booth.

"Let's just talk about something else." Quinn sighed, she was always one to change the subject. "Are Stacey and Jamie working today?" She asked, looking around for them, no where in sight. "Yeah, I think they're face painting." Lucy sighed as she started taking out each of the oversized stuffed animals, which were the prizes. "Well I just found out Marie and the rest of 'em don't have to work today. I guess she really got on the pastor's good side." Quinn sighed, making Lucy raise a brow, before grinning widely. "You don't think she would..." She smiled before making a naughty gesture with her hands and mouth, basically implying that she blew the pastor, which made Quinn giggle. "I don't think he would give up so many years of being a pastor for one night with a skank." Quinn rolled her eyes before looking out on the rest of the town working on getting the carnival ready in a couple of hours. "I'm just glad I'm not the town hoe anymore and I'm sure he's got fine taste." She continued in conversation while hanging the stuffed animals on the wooden stand. Suddenly she heard Quinn chuckling slightly, before turning around to face her. "You may want to rethink that." She laughed, leaving Lucy a bit confused, until a familiar male approached the stand, making Lucy's eyes nearly pop out of her head. There standing was Pastor Philip, in all his. . . well glory, wearing a one piece, striped, bathing suit, with a big smile on his face. "Afternoon girls, might fine day we're having!" He said with such enthusiasm and glee, placing both hands on the side as he was embracing the essence around him, Lucy had to refrain herself from laughing hysterically. "Looking good Pastor." She managed to stammer out without a chuckle. "I don't suppose you're working the dunk tank, are you?" Quinn was quick to come into the conversation. "That I am, right along side Mayor Tanner." The Pastor said leaning a hand on the counter of the wooden booth. "Now I hope y'all are alright with the partners I've assigned you, especially you Miss Gracen." The pastor oddly winked at Quinn, which made Lucy giggle. Now she wasn't kidding when the fact that everyone in town, including the Pastor of a total month, knew all about Quinn and Tommy's crush on each other. It was almost like watching a movie or television show, just waiting for the two to finally kiss, though neither of them did, it was pathetically obvious that they wanted to.

"Well have a nice fair girls." He smiled at the both of them before trailing off, when Quinn rushed her hand through her hair. "How is it possible that the whole town knows!?" Quinn whined leaning leaning her head against the wooden pillar of the booth while looking down. Something else was on Quinn's mind. Not the fact that everyone was talking about her and Tommy, but almost as if they were bringing up Tommy in the first place. "What's up Quinny? I thought you'd be thrilled to be working with him." Lucy asked as she continued to put up the prizes around the booth while listening to her best friend mope about boys. "Yeah, watching dozens of Cottonport sluts kiss him all day sounds like a blast." She rolled her eyes sarcastically, when suddenly, a familiar southern boy's voice interrupted their conversation. "Sounds pretty good to me." Tommy's deep voice laughed, causing both girls turn to face the curly haired boy, who was standing next to the city boy that had yet to be mentioned to her today, Jeremy. Lucy saw that Quinn's face was growing red and yet no words were coming out, so she felt obligated to save her best friend from further embarrassment. "What are you boys doing here?" Lucy questioned to get some of the attention off of Quinn. "Well Jeremy here is working the ball toss, isn't that right?" Tommy said while patting his back, as if they had been best friends for years. Though that was just because Tommy was a nice guy and treated everyone like that. Although he would flirt with anything in a skirt, Tommy's intentions were never to hurt anyone unless they deserved it, which is why he felt so bad on Sunday with calling out Lucy on their past, which he knew better than to do. Speaking of Sunday, she hadn't spoken to Jeremy since that incident. She had been so busy trying to get on everyone's good side, she hadn't gotten a chance to apologize to him for being such a b***h to him that night and then ditching him once things got out of control, though she doesn't remember seeing his face once everything went downhill that night.

"Well there's a coincidence, Lucy's working the ball toss too." Quinn said with a smile, snapping Lucy back into reality. Quinn had that 'I told you so' look, since she knew that she had to apologize to Jeremy, though she hadn't yet, and Quinn was always one to push Lucy to do the right thing. These were always one of the reasons why Quinn and Tommy should just be together already. But then again, that was another story. "Shouldn't you two be getting your lips ready, it's gonna be a long night ahead of you." Lucy sassed a bit, giving Quinn a raised eyebrow, while hearing Tommy chuckle in the background. "She's right Quinny, let's go." Tommy said by rubbing the small of her back. Lucy sighed, as it was too painfully obvious how much they cared about each other. "Fine, we'll see you guys during the carnival then." Quinn shrugged before she and Tommy walked away from the booth, while Lucy annoyingly rolled her eyes. However, she shook it off and finally looked over at Jeremy, who seemed to be just standing there throughout the conversation. "Hey." She sighed a bit, not exactly knowing what to say, however it was better to get everything out now than have awkward small talk, pretending everything was okay. "Hop on over, we need to talk." She said quietly before she moved the other boxes to make room for the both of them. Soon enough, she noticed that he was now on the same side as her. "I'm sorry." She kind of just blurted out there. Best way just to get the hard stuff out there, because then it becomes easy. However, it was all a bit fast. "I mean. . ." She stuttered, trying to find the correct words to say. "I shouldn't have gotten mad last Sunday. Whatever it was you had with Dylan wasn't my business when you punched him. And being rude didn't exactly help in that situation." She sighed running her fingers through her long dark hair. "Speaking of which, I hope you don't think too lowly of me for ditching you. I honestly just wasn't sure what to do at that point. And I couldn't find you so I just left. Again, I'm sorry. And another thing. . . " Once again, Lucy found herself babbling on, though she felt it to be odd if she just stopped now. "I don't think it was the best idea that I brought you there in the first place. My drama, is my own fault and I shouldn't have brought you in to wallow in it with me. I guess I'm a bit of a troublemaker." She sighed once again, fidgeting with her fingernails. "So I guess, you were right and I was wrong on Sunday. I should've just acted better on it, than what I actually did. So let's just put it behind us?" She asked looking somewhat hopeful, but luckily Jeremy agreed, which did put a smile on her face. "Good. Now let's get to work, shall we?" She smiled before going back to the boxes that were on the ground to help set up once again. "Oh, by the way, there was one thing you were wrong about." She said with a wide smirk on her face. "Because One Direction is going to be together, forever." She winked at him, before she started setting up the balls and bottles for the actual game.

YEW_D3S3RVaCR0WN_BEOTCH

User Image

FRIDAY, JUNE 20TH 10:59 AM
                                              COTTONPORT LOUISIANA: THE CONOCO GAS STATION

Jeremy was currently standing behind the cashiers counter doing his shifts cigarette count. Meanwhile, Austin was on the other end of the quick mart brewing fresh coffee which had been the most productive thing he'd done all day. Then in the office where they kept back stock, Colyn was doing. . .well, whatever it was that managers did. So far, the store had been absolutely quiet except for the usual old guys who came in right at 7 AM sharp to fill up their steel thermoses with the Conoco's Columbian brew coffee. Most days, Cottonport's Conoco station was pretty dull which made Jer's eight hour shifts miserable. "Seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven." Jer whispered to himself as he walked his fingers over each individual pack of Virginia Slims. While he scribbled down the number 11 in the next available space on the "1st Shift Cigarette Count Sheet", the sound of a noisy truck barreling into the parking lot caught his attention. Turning to look out the storefront windows, Jeremy immediately frowned at what he saw. Skidding into a handicapped parking space was a 2010 Nissan Titan with two exhausts the size of coffee cans jutting up out of the bed of the truck. The truck was lifted and had massive tires on it that were accented by big, black rims that obviously weren't stock. Taking in a deep, cleansing breath and then pushing it back out his nose, Jer watched as Rex hopped out of the driver side followed by Dylan then Marie and Isabel. Watching them as they strode to the entrance doors of the Conoco station, Jer's eyes were instantly drawn to Marie who was wearing a pair of daisy dukes that barely covered her a** cheeks and a "Jack Daniels" tank top that pushed up her boobs and had been cut just enough so you could see her belly button which was pierced.

The bells on the glass doors jingled loudly as the foursome entered the store. Dylan and Rex were carrying on noisily like obnoxious high school boys while Marie and Isabel looked bored. They were honestly about the last people Jeremy wanted to see but it was nearly impossible to avoid them when he worked at the only gas station in town. "Hey there Cincinnati." Rex called gruffly and threw his hand up in a sloppy wave. Apparently the nickname Lucy had given him had gained popularity with the residents of Cottonport. Jeremy just nodded his head in Rex's direction and while Rex turned and walked down the candy aisle, Dylan only gave Jeremy a discerning glare which Jer reciprocated. Since socking Dylan in the face on Sunday, there had been little trouble. . .Then again, that might have been accredited to not hanging around Lucy since the event either. At this point, Jer was convinced that Lucy was trouble and not Dylan. Sure, Dylan was a total asshole and an abusive one at that, but it was clear now that Lucy didn't have enough sense to leave Dylan alone. . .Jeremy was convinced that she thrived on the drama of getting caught up with a "bad ass". Shaking the thought, while Isabel followed after Rex and Dylan did the same, Marie hesitated for a moment and eye'd Jeremy instead. From behind the counter, Jeremy just smirked and winked at her knowingly which made Marie blush and giggle. Earlier that week, Jeremy and Marie had met up at 11:00 PM -after Jeremy had finished working 2nd shift- and drove around on some of the Louisiana back roads because Marie had promised it would be fun. Surprisingly, she'd been right. . .It was fun speeding down narrow dirt roads and then drifting around corners in his Monte Carlo. Although, after having driven his beloved car in such a harsh way, Jer was convinced that she'd break down on him at any moment now. Nevertheless, the real fun part was when Marie had given Jeremy road head right before they pulled off into a secluded area and fucked in the backseat of his car.

After uttering a couple more giggles, Marie followed Isabel over to the wall lined with cooler doors that held gallons of milk, bottles of Mellow Yellow, flavored water and a wealth of other beverages. "They have Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccino!" Jeremy heard Isabel gasp as she wrenched one of the rickety glass doors open. Jer was surprised she knew what Starbucks was considering there wasn't one around for at least fifty miles if not more. Meanwhile, Rex and Dylan were grabbing bags of beef jerky and sticks to match. Typical. Any time they came in here they stocked up on Mountain Dew and dried meat like a bunch of back woods red necks. Rolling his eyes at the thought, Jeremy leaned against the cashiers counter and looked down at all of the scratch tickets that were on display beneath a pane of glass. "You know that Marie girl." Austin suddenly sidled up beside Jeremy. "She's kind of a slut." Jer looked over at Austin who was about to take a big bite of a Cheddarwurst Brat he'd probably just stolen of the roller grill. "Really?" Jeremy deadpanned. Austin just nodded his head while he chewed on his mouthful of roller grill food. "I made her that way, ya'know?" Austin managed as he stuffed his mouthful into one cheek while he spoke. Jeremy just raised a doubtful brow at Austin. This wasn't the first time his male co-worker had told some far fetched story such as this. After all, Jeremy lost count of how many times Austin had talked about losing his virginity to a nineteen year old girl when he was only fifteen (for some reason the story changed every time). He also bragged about his extensive gun collection and how many alligators he and his father had killed in a single hunting season; none of which interested Jeremy in the slightest. "Mhmm." Austin nodded as he gulped down the half eaten brat he'd just chewed on. "I took her virginity back when she was a freshman in high school." He whispered. "She ain't been the same since." He went to take another bite of his hot dog but hesitated. "It was a one, maybe two time thing, and after that she slept with any guy she could get her hands on." Austin continued to explain as ketchup and mustard slowly began to ooze and dribble from where his cheddarwurst was tucked into the hot dog bun. "I reckon she's tryin' to find someone who can bone her as good as I did but hasn't yet and that's why she's still sleepin' around." Immediately, Jeremy had to bite down as hard as he could on his tongue to keep from laughing. Was Austin for real? This was his biggest load of bull Austin had told yet.

"W-Wow." Jeremy finally choked out; sounding as impressed as he could manage without sniggering too much. Austin just shrugged his shoulders as if it was no big deal and went back to eating his cheddarwurst. However, after a few moments of silence between them while Dylan, Rex, Marie and Isabel continued to mull around the store, Jeremy decided to "confess" what he and Marie had done. "Are you sure you're really that good?" Jeremy suddenly asked Austin with narrow, skeptical eyes. For a second, Austin seemed to falter. . .as if questioning his manhood was unspeakable. "Yeah. . ." He said in a point blank, duh tone of voice, clearly not amused. "Because she certainly seemed to enjoy the way I 'boned' her the other night." Jeremy said matter of factly while a shit eating grin lit up his face. At first, Austin looked puzzled. . .Like he didn't know what to say but then the sound of stuff being plopped down on the counter distracted both of them. As soon as Jeremy turned, he immediately locked eyes with an unimpressed Dylan and his posse of three behind him. "Will this be everything for you today?" He asked mostly Dylan without skipping a beat as he began to ring items up with the plastic scanner beside his POS. "Mhmm. Dylan muttered between tight lips as he stared Jeremy down. However, Jer ignored Dylan's death glare and continued ringing up his items. "And could we get a can of Copenhagen snuff too, Cincinnati?" Rex chirped up and pointed to all of the chewing tobacco cans that sat on the rack behind the counter. "Do you have your ID?" Jeremy asked nonchalantly as he began bagging all of the items that they had purchased. "Aw, come on man, you know I'm old enough." Rex laughed in a buddy-buddy sort of way. "Doesn't matter. . .Company policy." Jeremy said curtly while Rex looked at him as if he'd never heard what a company policy was before.

While Rex looked as though he were pondering another excuse to throw at Jeremy, Dylan thrust a twenty dollar bill in Jer's direction. "So, Marie." Jeremy piped up as he took the money from Dylan's hand. "Yeah." She said boredly while she poked at the screen of her phone and smacked loudly on her chewing gum. "Is it true you lost your virginity to Austin, here?" Jeremy asked shamelessly as he counted Dylan's change and then handed it back to him. While Isabel looked startled and Dylan gritted his teeth visibly, Marie seemed unfazed. "What the fuck, bro?" Austin hissed under his breath; both alarmed and offended at what Jeremy had just asked. "Yup. It's true." Marie said in that same, dull, uninterested voice as she continually tapped and pecked at the screen of her cell phone. "Nice." Jer shrugged his shoulders indifferently as Dylan seized he and his posse's bag of goodies then turned to leave. "Thanks for coming in." Jer called after them as they slowly walked for the door and as Dylan snaked his arm around Marie's lower back, Marie looked over her shoulder and smiled snidely at Jeremy, then winked. "I told you she gave it up to me, smart ass." Austin snorted smugly once Marie, Dylan, Rex and Isabel were out of the store and climbing back into Rex's obnoxious looking truck. "Guess you did." Jeremy shrugged once more before he slinked past Austin and walked toward the back of the store. "I'm gonna make more food to restock the roller grill and such." Jer called before he slipped into the back room and then yanked the door open to the gas stations large cooler.

FRIDAY, JUNE 20TH 5:16 PM
                                              COTTONPORT LOUISIANA: THE ANNUAL SUMMER CARNIVAL

Jeremy stood beside his grandparent's boxy Lincoln Town Car and exhaled a mouthful of smoke. The air around him was still and it was quiet except for the ever-present sound of bugs hissing loudly. While he waited for his grandmother and grandfather, Jeremy gazed across the dirt road in front of his grandparent's house. Across the road was a small, grassy field that was surrounded by thick, twisted willow trees and other, somewhat marshy growth. The Louisiana sun hovered just over the horizon and cast an array of oranges and yellows across the early evening sky. Sighing, Jeremy took another drag from his half smoked cigarette and felt calmed as soon as the nicotine entered his system. Of late, he'd been feeling rather stir crazy. . .He missed the hustle and bustle of the city life. He missed the people, he missed the variety of places to eat and things to do. Here in Cottonport, it was the same people, the same things and the same places to eat. Jer was sure he'd go out of his mind come the end of the week if he didn't get out of Cottonport for even a short spell. Opening his mouth and allowing the smoke to waft past his lips, Jeremy suddenly heard the rickety screen door fling open. Immediately he tossed his teeming cigarette on the ground and stomped on it with his foot. The last thing he needed was a hypocritical lecture from grandma about how smoking would someday kill him. Gotta die of something, right? Jeremy thought cynically just as his grandmother stepped over the threshold of the door. "Come on, Eddie, we're going to be late." She chirped as she held the screen door open with one hand and cradled a casserole dish in the other. "I'm coming, I'm coming." Jeremys grandfather huffed impatiently as he shuffled out of the house and slid a wool drivers cap on his head. Ever since he'd arrived in Cottonport, Jeremy had been tasked with driving his grandparents around whenever he could and this evening was no different. Much like the chauffer that he'd become, Jeremy pulled the back door open once his grandfather was close enough to the car and held it open as the elderly man slowly slid into the back seat. "Thank ya, son." Grandpa said as he reached around for the seatbelt while Jer closed the door with a solid clunk. Sighing quietly, Jer then jerked the driver's door open and slid into the large, leather seat. Everything about his grandparent's Lincoln was monstrous in size compared to his Monte Carlo. . .Jeremy felt like he was driving an aircraft carrier whenever he wheeled his grandparents car around. "Oh I just love the summer carnival." Jer's grandmother said in an upbeat voice as Jer slid the car keys into the ignition. "I hope they like my peach cobbler." She added as a confident after thought as she looked down at the casserole dish in her lap. "I'm sure it will be fine." Jer spoke somewhat dryly as he turned the key and the Lincoln Town Car roared to life.

For the first time since Jeremy had arrived in Cottonport, main street was actually sorta crowded. Trucks and beat up cars lined the sides of the street and people could be seen walking towards the town's church. "Looks like we're gonna have a good turn out this year, huh?" Jeremy's grandmother said while Jer began scowering his surroundings for a place to park his grandparents hearse. "Mhmm." Grandpa mumbled from the back seat as a family of four scuttled across the street in front of their car. "Do y'all have carnivals and stuff like this up in Cincinnati?" Jeremy's grandmother asked in an attempt to make small talk. "Sorta. . ." He said as he finally found a place to park the light, gold Lincoln. "There's the Ohio state fair. . .and Kings Island amusement park." He answered in that same, dry voice as he whipped the boxy Town Car into a spot along the curb that it barely fit into. Jeremy really didn't want to be a part of this church sponsored carnival. . .Then again, it was better than sitting at his grandparents house watching the History Channel as he often did in his free time now. Not only that but Jeremy was well aware that he wasn't attending this carnival for fun. . .he'd be running one of the booths since it was his civic duty to the church even though he didn't believe in God or what his grandparents church stood for. However, because his grandmother and grandfather had been nice enough to let him stay with them, Jeremy figured he'd be much better off if he didn't cause too much trouble. . .especially since his grandparents were still soar about the whole "Lucy staying the night" incident that had taken place a couple of weeks ago. Rolling his eyes and shaking the thought, Jeremy climbed out of his grandparents car and closed the door behind him. After that, he helped his grandfather out of the backseat and locked the car. "Hey, Jeremy!" A familiar voice hollered just as Jeremy joined his grandma and his grandpa on the sidewalk.

Across the street, Tommy was waving his arms wildly at Jeremy. He was with his mother who had slowed a few paces ahead. "Oh that's that Adler boy, isn't it?" Jeremy's grandmother asked as she continued to cradle her peach cobbler in her arms. "It sure is." Jeremy said just as Tommy began jogging across the street, his long, curly hair bouncing about with each step. "There you are, c'mon, you're working the ball toss booth." Tommy said as he hopped up on the curb and stood beside Jeremy. "I am?" He asked as if he hadn't known he'd be working a booth. "Go on, son, we'll meet up with you later." Jeremy's grandfather said as he placed a careful hand on the small of his wife's back. Jer just nodded and began following Tommy down the side walk and towards the church which was just ahead. Stuffing his hands in his pockets, Jeremy and Tommy walked side by side in an awkward silence; neither of them knowing what to say but they both knew what the other was thinking about: Sunday's events. Jeremy had half a mind to ask if Lucy had finally gotten the pole out of her ass and realized that he'd really done her a favor by sucker punching Dylan but he couldn't help but wonder if it was still a soar subject. "So I wonder if Lucy's finally gotten the pole out of her ass." Tommy finally spoke; literally taking the words right out of Jer's mouth. "I dunno." Jeremy shrugged indifferently while he looked up at the sky and kept pace with Tommy. "I haven't talked to her since Sunday." He answered truthfully but with an edge of annoyance in his voice. Jeremy didn't know why he was still peeved at Lucy for acting the way that she did, but something about her defending Dylan after he smacked her just aggravated him. The fact that she also told him what he should have done pissed him off. . .Jeremy did not take kindly to anyone telling him what to do, especially if they had no authority over him.

"So, you working a booth tonight too?" Jeremy changed the subject as they walked up to the church. The sound of several people congregating and children squealing with delight echoed from behind the small church building. "Yeah." Tommy sighed as they stepped off the sidewalk and began walking across the street. "The kissing booth." He sighed heavily as if he were dreading his work already. "You mean the church carnival has a kissing booth?" Jeremy deadpanned, unable to help himself. Tommy just nodded casually. "Hmmm." Jeremy commented cynically; recalling how Pastor Phillip practically chastised Lucy a couple weeks ago for 'having been kissed several times.' The rest of the walk to wherever they were going was made in pure silence except for the commotion of the carnival itself. Everyone was chatting and moving about, kids were running around carrying balloons and had face paint smudged all over their cheeks. The adults were standing around talking, eating or working many of the carnivals booths. For Cottonports tiny size, the carnival itself was somewhat impressive. There were no rides, just games, except for what the nearby, rusty old playground had to offer but it looked like everyone in town had put their best foot forward to make the gathering a success. A few feet away, though, Jeremy spotted Lucy and Quinn standing at a somewhat vacant booth that looked as though it hadn't been completely set up yet. At the site of Lucy, Jeremy felt a surge of excitement ripple through his stomach and chest but it quickly faded as they got closer and closer. Strewn across the front of the booth Lucy was standing behind were big, block letters that said "Ball Toss" and if Jer remembered Tommy correctly, he'd said that Jeremy would be working that booth. What were the odds?

"Yeah, watching dozens of Cottonport sluts kiss him all day sounds like a blast." Quinn grumbled just as Tommy and Jeremy had walked up to both girls. "Sounds pretty good to me." Tommy sniggered and in the back of his mind, Jer couldn't help but recall how un-thrilled Tommy had sounded earlier when he said he had to work the kissing booth. "What are you boys doing here?" Lucy sounded surprisingly cheerful. . .Jeremy was sure she'd still be sour about the whole Dylan debacle that had happened a few days ago. "Well Jeremy here is working the ball toss, isn't that right?" Tommy clapped his hand against Jer's back in a friendly manner while Jer just nodded. "My grandparents insist that I help with all the church activities." He mumbled begrudgingly and looked over at the large, red tent across the massive, grassy yard that was behind the church. "Well there's a coincidence, Lucy's working the ball toss too." Quinn said with a smile before she shot Lucy a discerning glance. "Imagine that." Jeremy said incredulously as he studied the shimmery block letters that read "Ball Toss" across the booth. After he'd spoken, an awkward silence settled over everyone, almost as if they were all thinking about the same thing. So maybe what had happened on Sunday wasn't exactly water under the bridge but Jeremy wanted to put it all behind him. . .No, he wasn't exactly thrilled to be working with Lucy but it was just one evening. . .How much trouble could she possibly get herself into. After all, Jer had decided over the past few days that Lucy attracted trouble and that was the last thing Jeremy needed considering the majority of Cottonport already had something against him. "Shouldn't you two be getting your lips ready? It's going to be a long night ahead of you." Lucy finally broke the silence and Jer couldn't help but let a smirk spread across his face. "Yeah. Maybe if you two started kissing on each other, it'd give your kissing booth a little more publicity." He chimed in with a jeering smile. Immediately, Quinn's cheeks burnt bright red. "She's right Quinny, lets go." Taking it all in stride, Tommy began to lead Quinn away from the Ball Toss. "Fine, we'll see you guys during the carnival then." And with that, Quinn and Tommy were off, leaving Jeremy and Lucy alone.

As soon as Quinn and Tommy left, an uneasy silence settled between Jeremy and Lucy. Jer didn't really know what to say. . .a part of him really didn't want to say anything. He wasn't exactly made at Lucy anymore but he wasn't sure if she was still mad at him or not. "So do you need me to do anything?" He sighed, clearly not wanting to be there, as he dug the toe of his worn out shoes into the grass and looked down. Jer had never worked at a carnival before. . .He'd only ever been to them but he figured working a ball toss would be easier than selling gas, stocking shelves and making gas station food that often went waste. However, instead of answering his question, Lucy beckoned Jeremy over into the booth instead because they 'needed to talk'. Looking over at Lucy as she moved a few boxes out of the way, Jer made a face of bemusement but hopped over table anyway. "What?" He asked her, sounding a little harsher than he'd intended to while he looked around the booth boredly. "I mean. . ." Lucy stammered as she struggled to find the right words to say. "I shouldn't have gotten mad last Sunday. Whatever it was you had with Dylan wasn't my business when you punched him. And being rude didn't exactly help in that situation." Jeremy listened as Lucy spoke. He folded his arms over his chest and examined her while she ran her hand through her wavy hair nervously. It was kind of nice that she was apologizing. . .In a way, it compelled Jer to apologize too but he had no idea what for. Maybe he shouldn't have punched Dylan but for now, it seemed to have worked in his favor. After all, Jeremy hadn't had any trouble with Dylan ever since and even though he was too proud to admit it now, he certainly hoped that Lucy hadn't had any trouble with him either. "Speaking of which, I hope you don't think too lowly of me for ditching you." Lucy continued. "I honestly juwt wasn't sure what to do at that point and I couldn't find you so I just left. Again, I'm sorry and another thing. . ." She paused for a moment and Jer raised a curious brow. "I don't think it was the best idea that I brought you there in the first place. My drama is my own fault and I shouldn't have brought you in to wallow in it with me. I guess I'm a bit of a troublemaker." Jeremy watched as Lucy picked at her finger nails but when he opened his mouth to speak, she started talking again. "So I guess you were right and I as wrong on Sunday." Jer wasn't going to argue with that. "I should've acted better on it than what I actually did. So let's just put it behind us?"

It appeared that Lucy was finally done talking and Jeremy studied her for a few moments in silence. Earlier he'd vowed to do his best to stay away from Lucy but there was something about her that kept pulling him back in. Maybe it was her eyes, or her smile or her personality. . .or that Jeremy was attracted to trouble just as much as she was but truth be told, he wanted to put what happened on Sunday behind him to and more or less start fresh. Besides, aside from Tommy and maybe Quinn, Lucy was Jer's only friend in Cottonport and even though Jeremy vowed he wasn't interested in making friends, it was always nice to have a couple around. "I guess we could put this behind us." Jeremy finally said coolly as he looked at Lucy then at a box behind her that had a large, stuffed bear sticking out of it. "On one condition." He said as he reached for his half empty pack of Marlboro Light 100s. "You stay away from Dylan whenever we're together." He pulled a single cigarette from the flip top box and wedged it between his lips. "Deal?" His blue-grey eyes landed on Lucy as he lit the tip of his cigarette and drew in a breath. At first, Lucy seemed to hesitate but eventually she nodded her head in compliance. "Good.[" Jer nodded his head curtly as smoke wafted out his mouth. "Good now lets get to work, shall we?" Lucy smiled that bright smile of hers before she went to work pulling prizes out of the many boxes that were stashed within the booth itself. Taking another drag from his cigarette, Jeremy just smirked before he snuffed the tip of his cigarette and then tucked it behind his ear. "Oh, by the way, there was one thing you were wrong about." Lucy piped up just as Jeremy knelt down and picked up an unopened box. "Oh yeah?" He questioned as he began to pry the cardboard box open. "One Direction is going to be together, forever." Lucy winked while Jer just laughed and rolled his eyes at her. Gazing at her for a moment longer as she went back to work, Jeremy felt his heart flutter just a tiny bit and try as he might, he could not keep the smile off his face that Lucy had put on there.

Jer had just taken the last drag of his cigaretted before squishing it out on the ground. "Never have I ever. . .Won a game of beer pong." Jeremy sat in the back corner of the booth while Lucy sat in the opposite one. They'd been playing "never have I ever" for the past thirty minutes and it had actually been pretty interesting. He'd found out that Lucy had never been outside of Louisiana much less to 'the big city' ( as most Cottonport locals called it ) among a few other things. However, their 'never have I evers' hadn't been too racy thus far. "That's one of the few party games I actually suck at. . .That and trying to chug from a beer bong." He shook his head and chuckled as he looked out over the rest of the carnival. Kids ran around with sticks of cotton candy in hand or flimsy bags of popcorn clutched in their sticky, little fingers. Adults sat around talking and drinking from mason jars filled with sweet tea. The air smelled of corn dogs and about a million different flavors of pie and cobbler. The sun had dipped below the horizon and the sky looked dusky. . .Dark but not too dark. "What about you Luc?" Jeremy asked. "Can you chug from a beer bong or do your teeth get in the way?" He asked slyly; referencing the banter he, Lucy, Tommy and Quinn had carried on at that party in the woods when Jeremy had first arrived in Cottonport. Not too far off, a junior high aged boy let out a yell of victory as Mayor Tanner plummeted into the dunk tank with a splash. "Hey Jeremy." A sweet and soothing voice interrupted their conversation. "I brought you some food because I figured you'd be hungry." Jeremy looked over to see his grandmother standing on the opposite side of the ball toss table. "Oh." He stood up and eye'd the paper boat she was holding in her hand. "Thanks, Grandma." Jeremy smiled at his granny while she just beamed. Jer took the food boat from her and looked down at the corn dog inside. "Don't tell anyone." She suddenly whispered and dug her hand into her massive purse. "But I stole one of the mustard bottles from one of the tables over there." She sniggered and discreetly handed Jeremy the bottle like she'd just done something incredibly naughty. "Don't worry, Gram, your secrete is safe with me." Jer reassured her a little sarcastically as he took the yellow, plastic bottle from his grandmothers hand. "Oh hello Lucy." Grandma said rather cheerfully as she peered around Jeremy to look at Lucy. "How are you?" She asked with that same, friendly smile. As Lucy and his grandmother talked briefly, Jer smothered his corn dog in mustard and then set the bottle down on the booth's table. "Well you two have fun. I'm gonna go see what your grandfather is up to." Jeremy just gave his grandmother a small wave as she turned to walk away.

Watching his grandmother for a moment, Jeremy then picked up his corn dog that was slathered in mustard and took a bite from it. "So how does your family know my grandparents?" Jer asked with a muffled voice as he pushed his mouthful into one cheek. "Bite?" He then asked Lucy as he held his corn dog out for her to take.

User ImagexUser ImagexUser Image

Partying Girl

Jeremy = #76EEC6; Lucy = #816687
User Image

User Image
                                                              Once the fair started, it was full of little kids running around, older kids playing games, and the adults talking over some of Stacey's famous Ice Tea. As for Lucy and Jeremy, since no one was exactly the biggest fan of the ball toss, they've been in opposite corners of the booth playing the old fashioned game of 'never have I ever'. So far the game had been fairly clean, but that can easily change in an instant. "Never have I ever. . .Won a game of beer pong." Jeremy had stated after throwing his cigarette bud into the ground, which made Lucy raise an eyebrow. "Really?" Lucy asked curiously as crossed one leg over the other, her elbow now in her knee and her chin in her hand. "That's one of the few party games I actually suck at. . .That and trying to chug from a beer bong." He chuckled, and Lucy giggled back. They had been playing this for about half an hour and, once again, nothing incredibly dirty, but it was better than sitting in silence watching everyone have fun without them. "Who can blame you? It's not that easy." She said while looking out to the crowd of people, there were some of the older people looking her way, and giving her the evil discerning eye. Lucy was quick to hop off the chair she was sitting on and at least make an attempt to look as if she was working, although all he did was pick up one of the baseballs on the side and tossed it back and forth in her hands. "What about you Luc?" Jeremy asked. And after loosing her train of thought for a second, slightly confused by his sudden question, after completely forgetting what they were talking about. "What about me?" Lucy asked walking closer to him so she could hear him over the background noises of the carnival games, along with the screaming kids. "Can you chug from a beer bong or do your teeth get in the way?" Not going to lie. That joke almost blush bright red from the past conversation they had on Jeremy's first day in Cottonport. Lucy had a feeling that was going to be the running gag until he left, which she didn't mind.

"Well I guess you're gonna have to find out. . ." She laughed it off, placing a piece of hair behind her ear, trying to hide her red face. Suddenly their conversation was cut short when Jeremy started a conversation with his grandmother, who had brought him food, which kind of made Lucy remember that she was pretty hungry herself, not eating since breakfast. However, her gaze fell short of the corn dog and onto Jeremy's clothed stomach. Not being a creeper, but she remembered some sort of tattoo on it when they all went skinny dipping on Sunday, and though they had already put that day behind them, she couldn't help but wonder about it. Like what is said. Though she doesn't entirely remember much of it. "Oh hello Lucy." The elderly woman's snapped Lucy's attention span up to her before she was caught staring. "Hey there Mrs. T." She piped up walking towards her. "How are you?" She asked back. "Mighty fine, thank you. I hope you're having a nice fair." Lucy smiled back. "It's divine, much better than last years." Mrs. Treloar said crossing her arms in front of her. "Definitely. Your peach cobbler is twice as better than Miss Colyn's minced pie from last year." Lucy giggled. "Well at least they can keep it down." The Mrs. laughed along with Lucy laughing right back. "Well you two have fun. I'm gonna go see what your grandfather is up to." And with that, she trotted off away from the booth, along with Lucy giving a friendly wave goodbye. As she turned to talk towards Jeremy, her eyes suddenly went to the corn dog that sat in his hand, reminding her how hungry she was. And to top that off, it was covered with mustard, Lucy's favorite. "So how does your family know my grandparents?" His voice suddenly broke her train of thought once again only to look up to his admittedly handsome face as he took a bite of the corn dog she had been gawking at longingly.

"Through Mama, I guess." Lucy shrugged nonchalantly not really knowing how to start the explanation rather than through what she knew. When Jeremy offered her a bite of his delicious looking corn dog, Lucy wasn't sure if this was the one boy who could read her mind, or if he just picked up on the fact that she had been looking at it since he first got it. Either way, she gave him a rather warm and bright smile. "Don't mind if I do." She selfishly thanked him as she bit into the corn dog while still in his hand, so she didn't seem too much like a mooch. Needless to say, she was satisfied, not only from the small bite of the mustard induced corn dog, but the fact that he was willing to share, which most Cottonport folk, Lucy included, did not like to do. "Anyway, it's kind of a long story. . ." She stated her mouth still full before she swallowed the remaining contents in her mouth. "Mama and daddy got pregnant when they were only sixteen. And even though my Granny and Poppa were supportive of him, my mama's parents had died before, and she had no one else, but your grandparents." She explained running her fingers through her long hair again, trying to remember the story. "They were awfully kind when they helped her out. But that's mostly 'cause. . ." Lucy suddenly stopped herself, realizing she was going into some sensitive territory with talking about his mom, not really sure if it was sensitive or not. However, he figured at least somewhat be said. "She was good friends with your mom. . ." She stated somewhat awkwardly, though she just shook it off and continued the story. "They practically raised me and Travis. They were especially helpful when Mama left. Daddy became kind of depressed and needed all the help he needed. Until we were old enough to take care of ourselves that is." For some odd reason, she decided to look out to the fair, only to see the Mr. and Mrs. reunited, smiling at each other, just that same smile they had been doing for years on end, making Lucy sigh. "This may sound incredibly cheesy, but they're the only love story I've seen go on this long." Lucy smiled brightly before raising her eyebrow, realizing the actual amount of corniness in her voice, making her bust into a fit of giggles.

"I just realized what I sound like." She threw her head back, covering her mouth, to hide the fact that it was open while she was laughing. "Well there's enough of that." Lucy sighed as she finally calmed down and eventually stopped laughing before turning to look at Jeremy, which almost made her laugh again at the sight of mustard on his upper and lower lip. Resisting the urge to bust out again, she instead just smiled and shook her head. "Boys don't learn, do they?" She sighed at the subject change as she licked the base of her thumb before getting closer to him. "Hold still, silly." She smiled once more before holding his chin with one hand and wiped the mustard stain off with her licked thumb on the other. "I should do this for a living." She chuckled before looking up in his deep blue eyes, and once again she was speechless. It was almost like Jeremy's eyes were a weakness for her. "Umm, sorry." She blushed bright red, catching herself from staring at them too long, before quickly turning away from him, hiding her face. She was still curious how blue eyes did this thing to her. The way they were making her cheeks redden and unable to speak, or take her eyes off of them for that matter. It was almost like a spell they had on her. Maybe it was the fact that there were no blue eyed boys in Cottonport, besides Dylan. In fact, it was probably the only thing that attracted Lucy to him at this point. Or maybe it was her weird fetish of having deep blue eyes looking directly into hers while. . . well you get the point. Though it would make sense on why she would get embarrassed and even heated at the sight and thought.

"Tommy is such a jerk!" Quinn's distraught voice cut the tension there was as she approached the booth, looking mad as hell. Great, now Lucy would have to deal with whatever Quinn and Tommy would be arguing about now. "What is it now?" She said, very uninterested, as she leaned against one of the wooden pillars, to listen to this soon to be train wreck. "How the hell is it fair that he almost picks a fight with Austin for giving me a small kiss, but it's perfectly okay for him to stick his tongue down Marie's throat?!" Quinn nearly screamed before picking up one of the baseballs and throwing it as hard as she could at the bottles, though missing terribly. Lucy just smirked over at Quinn. "You know, for a dollar, you get two more shots." She stated sarcastically. Quinn just gave her a 'shut the hell up' look before reaching into her jeans pocket and roughly handed her a dollar bill. "Chill out Quinny." Lucy rolled her eyes as she handed her two more baseballs. "I can't believe him! He's such a double standard asshole!" Quinn yelled again before picking up baseball once again, and throwing it, missing the bottles again. "You know how Tommy's like, he's just trying to get your attention." Lucy tried to explain. She would know more than anyone about Tommy since they were. . . well something, for a couple of months. And even though Marie was the one that 'dated' him for about a year, both Lucy and Quinn knew much more about him than she ever did or will. "Ugh, he's so full of shit!" Quinn exclaimed before throwing the last ball, but this time, knocking all of the bottles down of one of the towers. "Well at least you get a bear. . ." Lucy said in attempt to brighten the mood that Quinn just cascaded over them, though her scowl and eye roll made it confirmed that clearly Quinn was still mad. "Well, why do you like him so much if he makes you so mad?" She asked as she casually walked over to pick up one of the smaller bears. "I don't like him. . ." Quinn said shyly.

Lucy then raised an eyebrow and was quick to turn around to face Quinn, since she confessed to her that she liked Tommy at her dad's wedding. However, when she saw the embarrassed look on her face, it was clear that she didn't want Jeremy to know about her crush on Tommy. "Oh give me a break." Lucy said annoyingly before throwing the small bear at her. "Cincinnati, you know Quinn's totally into Tommy, right?" "Hey!" Quinn complained quietly, though it was already out there that he did know, which made her redder than a tomato. "Look, if you don't want people to know, then stop being all over him." "Lucy, enough!" Quinn hissed at her, but Lucy chose to ignore her scolding. "I'm tellin ya Quinny, you're not gonna mind what he says now when he has his hand up your skirt later." "Okay, I'm leaving!" Quinn said before storming off very embarrassed, which made Lucy laugh again, before looking back at Jeremy. "Seriously though, you were right about them needing to fuck soon." Lucy said her back facing the crowd, since nobody was coming anyway. "You know I think they started to like each other when Tommy was teaching her to ride one of Stacey's horses last spring. Then Quinn fell off because the horses were still getting used to the atmosphere and were still fidgety, you know?" Though suddenly, Lucy remembered that Jeremy wasn't from the Cottonport, so he actually didn't know. "Wait, have you ever rode a horse?" She asked curiously. Once it was confirmed that he hadn't, she just made a simple chuckle before reaching her open hand out. "Gimme your phone." She stated with a smile, yet flatly and waited for him to put his phone in her hand. Once he did, she took a couple of moments to not only tap in her phone number and save in his contacts, but to also send her cell phone a message so she would also have his number. "There." She stated before handing his phone back to him. "Now we can talk, rather than run into each other by chance." She laughed considering that's what they've been doing since Jeremy got to Cottonport. Well now at least she can get a hold of him if she needed to.

User Image

What had been about four or six hours had only felt about ten minutes. For once, instead of hearing Dylan yell at her or Quinn complain about something else, Lucy was actually enjoying herself, working at the summer carnival. To have someone who she can actually kind of relate to, easy to talk to and also not bad to look at was very relaxing for her. It was like around Jeremy, she can forget all of her small town, country girl problems and just talk. The best part, he didn't care about the way she talked, or laughed or acted when she was talking, he just listened and even joined in on the conversation, which is more than she could say for most of the Cottonport locals who judged her every move, since they had nothing better to do with their lives. Besides, only a couple of random kids had been coming up to the booth since no one really liked the ball toss as much as the other carnival games. "I'm serious!" She laughed as she continued her ongoing conversation with Jeremy. She hadn't even gotten into anything too personal or sensitive, just random gossip and facts about the locals. Jeremy had even shared some stories as well. "Austin was like a total babe in high school. And of course, once he screwed the mayor's daughter, every guy wanted to be him and every girl wanted to be with him, so of course he has an ego. Then he decided to stay in Cottonport, and landed a job at the Conoco station." She rolled her eyes, remembering when even she had a crush on Austin, though she never acted on it, since at the time she was kind of, but not really with Tommy. "And Colyn used to be the prettiest lady in town, with her red hair and sexy swinging walk. Then when Travis dumped her sorry a**, she became kind of boring and let herself go. It got especially bad when Jamie came into the picture last year." She explained once again, recalling all of the Cottonport drama from the previous year when Stacey and Jamie came into town, in January. That was a new start for her. She could finally stop caring for her dad so much and finally start focusing on herself. Though she didn't know where to start. "That's what this town does to you." She said softly looking down at the ground. "The longer you stay, the more regrets you have. Which is why I need to get the hell out of here." It seemed like she was getting into something more serious, but something interrupted that.

"Lucy. . ." She heard a deep familiar voice. Great. Just the people she was trying to avoid all night. Turning her head around to see Dylan standing there along with Marie. "What now?" She stated coldly crossing her arms, fully facing him. "We're talking. Now." He said with a somewhat pissed off look in his eye. Normally she would've just done what he said, but she had already promised Jeremy that she wouldn't. Besides, she has had enough of their 'talks' already. "No, I'm busy." She stated flatly, but it seemed that Dylan was boiling at this point. "What did you say to me?" Dylan hissed harshly, in disbelief that she actually said no, especially when he was pissed off like he was. He always did this when he didn't get what he want, he was a brat that way. However, she didn't want to get him more pissed off, he might hurt something, or someone for that matter. "We'll talk after the carnival." She said to calm him down, so she wouldn't break her promise to Jeremy since they wouldn't be hanging out, as far as she knew anyway. "It's already the end of the carnival." Marie barked as if she was trying to prove some kind of point, like she was better than Lucy, but that was obviously not true. The thought suddenly came to Lucy when she checked her watch, noticing that it really had been hours and hours later. Looking around, they were already draining the dunk tank and packing up the leftover goods for keeps. "But y'all would know that if you had been paying attention instead of 'fooling around'." Marie snapped again putting a little more emphasis in her words, obviously meaning more than she was just leading on. "Look, I don't have time for this, I have to put stuff away. We'll talk later." She said to Dylan mostly. Once again, she witnessed his face get tomato red with anger before storming off in an angry fashion.

"Be careful what you say to him Lucy, or else you might get a black eye to match that red cheek." Marie said snottily, making Lucy roll her eyes before glaring back at the blonde slut, which was an obvious stab at her, about last Sunday when he slapped her in front of everyone. Lucy has half a mind to snap right back at her or even slap her senseless. However, she agreed to put Sunday behind her, and that includes the humility of Dylan showing her who was boss in front of everyone. "Look, I don't care where you go, but get the hell out of here." Lucy kind of barked at her, already tired of her shit. "Why don't you go find some poor asshole that has nothing better to do but fuck you in the woods." To be all honest, Lucy was expecting Marie to snap back at her with some snobbish comment like the back and forth game they usually do. Instead, she just watch Marie smirk widely and cross her arms under her obviously stuffed bra, to push up her breasts. "Well maybe I will." She said seductively before giving a wink, and walking away, over exaggerating swaying her hips back and forth. At first, it confused Lucy as to why she did that, though when she realized that she wasn't the only one in the booth. Marie had put on some show for Jeremy, and honestly, it was freaking hilarious. It was funny seeing Marie try so hard for one guy, and it was also kind of pathetic. "What the hell was that all about?" Lucy laughed in a teasing manner as she turned around to face Jeremy. Then again, she realized, she really didn't give a crap about what Marie's actions were towards Jeremy. She was just desperate to get a lay from everyone. "Forget it, maybe she just has a thing for city boys." Lucy joked, poking at his ribs a bit before picking up the boxes that were still on the floor and began packing up. "Though I can never get why she does it. Because let's face it. Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place." Lucy laughed at her own joke a bit. Lucy still didn't understand why Marie was so interested in the guys that Lucy was with, but it seems she hadn't got to Jeremy yet, as far as she knew anyway.

YEW_D3S3RVaCR0WN_BEOTCH

User Image

"Through Mama, I guess." Lucy shrugged as she eye'd the corn dog that Jeremy was holding out for her to take. Judging by her demeanor, Jeremy could only guess that Lucy didn't really know how their families knew each other either. "It's kind of a long story," she continued after taking a bite. "Mama and daddy got pregnant when they were only sixteen and even though my Granny and Poppa were supportive of him, my mama's parents had died before, and she had no one else but your grandparents." Jeremy bit a hunk of his corn dog off of the stick and carelessly tossed it into the paper boat that it had been delivered in while Lucy started brushing her hair with her fingers. Off in the distance, there was suddenly a bunch of whooping and hollering; someone had probably just won the pie eating contest. "They were awfully kind when they helped her out. But that's mostly 'cause. . ." Lucy suddenly stopped and Jeremy raised a brow, beckoning her to continue but instead, she opted with a vague "she was good friends with your mom." At that, Jeremy knew that the remainder of the story had to deal with his mother and her poor life choices; falling in love with a dead beat drug addict, aka Wesley and Jeremy's father, who sucked her down with him. Jeremy had half a mind to tell Lucy that it was okay for them to talk about his mother but he decided against it. "They practically raised me and Travis. They were especially helpful when Mama left. Daddy became kind of depressed and needed all the help he could get until we were old enough to take care of ourselves, that is." Lucy continued as she started to gaze out at the fair around them. Following her gaze, Jeremy first saw Tommy and Quinn sitting beside one another at the kissing booth and then he spotted his grandparents several feet away. They were smiling happily at one another. . .genuinely happily at one another and Jeremy had to admit, it was nice to see in comparison to the harshness he'd always been surrounded by growing up and even now. "This may sound incredibly cheesy, but they're the only love story I've seen go on this long." Lucy's statement may have been cheesy as hell but she was kind of right.

"You are right. . .That was cheesy as fuck!" Jeremy chuckled while Lucy laughed at herself, But you're not wrong either, he thought in the same beat just as Lucy dictated that 'there was enough of that'. As she finally calmed herself down, Jeremy reached for his mustard slathered corn dog and took another big bite of it and began to chew before he set it back down again. "Boys don't learn, do they?" Lucy suddenly sighed and Jeremy noticed she was looking right at him. "What?" He asked bluntly, wondering what had brought that on. Instead of answering his question, Lucy just moved closer and grabbed hold of Jeremy's chin. "What are you doing?" He asked in that same tone just as Lucy told him to hold still. Jeremy wasn't too keen on people grabbing ahold of him, especially when it was unwarranted and as such he was on the verge of shoving Lucy away when she licked the pad of her thumb and smeared it across his cheek. "I should do this for a living," she then mused almost whimsically just as Jeremy ran his wrist over the spot that she'd just wiped with her finger. However, in that short period of time there was a moment. . .A moment when Jeremy and Lucy locked eyes again and as cliché as it sounded, the world seemed to stand still for those few milliseconds. It stirred something up in Jeremy that he really wasn't quite sure how to deal with but as soon as it came, it was gone. "Tommy is such a jerk!" Quinn screamed from a mere few feet away as she stocked towards the ball toss with fists clenched, jaw set and shoulders flexed. "How the hell is it fair that he almost picks a fight with Austin for giving me a small kiss, but it's perfectly okay for him to stick his tongue down Marie's throat!?" She screamed once more. Jeremy just exchanged a glance with Lucy before Quinn seized one of the nearby softballs and hurled it at the stack of empty bottles.

"You know, for a dollar, you could get two more shots," Lucy smirked at Quinn who only shot her a 'go to hell' glare. Jeremy had a hard time keeping his composure as well while he watched Quinn slam a crinkled dollar bil down on the table. "Chill out, Quinny," Lucy now tried to soothe Quinn's boiling temper but it was no use. "I can't believe him!" Quinn hollered angrily as she chucked another battered softball at the bottles. Jeremy watched boredly as it careened on past the stack of bottles and landed with a thud on the dirt. "He is such a double standard asshole!" Quinn seized yet another softball and hurled it with all of her angry might. "You know what Tommy's like, he's just trying to get your attention." Lucy tried explaining but Jeremy had his doubts about that. Maybe Tommy was trying to get Quinn's attention but there were also some great perks when it came to locking lips with the town whore. Besides, it wasn't like Tommy or Quinn were dating even though it was painfully obvious that they wanted to date each other. Nevertheless, at this point, Jer had decided he'd be better off if he just kept his mouth shut. . .After all, he wasn't the most delicate when it came to dealing with people and their emotions. "Ugh! He's so full of shit!" Quinn screamed as she threw her last bottle. Finally, it collided with the stack of glass milk bottles and sent them toppling over. As soon as the bottles stopped clattering down, Jeremy smiled at Quinn and started golf clapping. Obviously, he was sort of mocking her but at the same time, he couldn't help it. Meanwhile, Lucy walked over and grabbed one of the few stuffed teddy bears that was hanging on one of the two main posts holding the booth together. "Well at least you get a bear. . ." Lucy tried to say cheerfully as she passed the brown, fluffy stuffed animal off to Quinn while Jeremy went to work restacking the bottles ad collecting all of the balls that Quinn had thrown in her bout of frustration.

"Well, why do you like him so much if he makes you so mad?" Lucy finally asked. Finally she stopped beating around the bush." Jeremy thought as he dropped all of the yellow softballs back into the basket. "I don't like him." Quinn protested meekly. At that, a crackly guffaw caught in the back of Jeremy's throat. The only thing more obvious than Quinn's crush on Tommy was Ryan Seacrest's true sexuality. "Oh give me a break." Lucy sneered and tossed Quinn's prize at her. "Cincinnati!" Lucy now looked at Jeremy who was leaning boredly against the opposite, wooden post. "You know Quinn's totally into Tommy, right?" Talk about being put on he spot. "Erm." Jeremy straightened up and looked from Lucy and Quinn who were both looking at him imploringly, each wanting him to say something different. "Don't get me-" Jeremy started to say dismissingly but Lucy interrupted him. "Look, if you don't want people to know, then stop being all over him!" "Lucy, enough!" Quinn's voice rose an octive as she hissed at Lucy. Jeremy just stood back entertained and watched the two girls continue on. "I'm tellin' ya Quinny, you're not gonna mind what he says now when he's got his hand up your skirt later!" "Okay, I'm leaving!" Quinn finally snapped before she squared her shoulders, whirled around and stomped off. Jeremy just smirked and looked over at Lucy. "I can't tell if she's more mad now than she was when she marched over here." He chuckled and reached for the last bit of his corndog. "Seriously, though, you were right about them needing to fuck soon." Lucy said, her back turned to the fair. "You know I think they started to like each other when tommy was teaching her how to ride one of Stacey's horses last spring." Lucy began to explain as Jeremy swallowed his last bite and threw the paper boat that his corndog had been in into the nearby trash can. "Then Quinn fell off because the horses were still getting used to the atmosphere and were still fidgety, you know?" Jeremy just looked at Lucy. No, he didn't know actually because back home, there were no horses unless there was a parade going on or the circus was in town.

"Wait. Have you ever rode a horse?" She asked as if she already knew the answer to her own question. "Hah!" Jeremy let out a cynical laugh. "The only horses I've ridden are the 200 horses my car has under the hood." Lucy only looked at Jeremy as if he were stupid but shortly after, she held out her hand and asked him to give her his phone. At first Jeremy hesitated but then he reached inside the pocket of his shorts and pulled out his old, first generation iPhone that he'd gotten at a pawn shop in Cincinatti several years ago. "What are you doing?" Jeremy asked even though he already knew the answer. Lucy held his phone in her hand daintily and pecked at the glossy screen with the fingers of her free hand. "There." She stated proudly and handed Jer's phone back to him. "Now we can talk, rather than run into each other by chance." Jeremy slid his phone back into his pocket as Lucy talked then he looked at her with a smirk. "You know what? That's the easiest time I've ever had getting a girl to give me her number," the corner of Jeremy's mouth turned up in an even snider smirk at Lucy's reaction.

I'm serious! Austin was like a total babe in high school. And of course, once he screwed the mayor's daughter, every guy wanted to be him and every girl wanted to be with him, so of course he has an ego. Then he decided to stay in Cottonport, and landed a job at the Conoco station." Lucy insisted but Jeremy kept interjecting with obnoxious gagging noises. The thought of Austin being a babe in high school wasn't that far fetched but he had to give Lucy a hard time about it. There was something about giving her shit that was totally satisfying. In the same token, though, to think he and that gas-tard, Austin, had screwed the same girl was enough to make Jeremy wish his dick would shrivel up and fall off. Then Lucy went on to say that Colyn had once been the prettiest thing in town. That was hard to believe what with her now wide hips and huge ass. Although, he did feel a little sad for her and her missed opportunity with Lucy's brother. Jeremy had to wonder, though, if Colyn would like him knowing all of these intimate details about her. "That's what this town does to you." Lucy's tone changed as she spoke. "The longer you stay, the more regrets you have. Which is why I need to get the hell out of here." Jeremy studied Lucy for a moment. He'd always heard that in small towns like Cottonport, everyone knew everyone's business, but he'd never really believed it. It made him miss his big city even more now. "I'm telling you the city is where it's at," Jeremy leaned against his hand that was laying on the ball toss table. "If you fuck up, nobody really cares or even notices because they've got more important things on their mind. Plus, there are so many people who live there, you fly under the radar pretty easily if you're just an average Joe." He paused, "And people in the city are way more open minded about shit. Like, they don't care if you screw a bunch of people or if you smoke underage." Speaking of smoking. . .Jeremy dug his hand into his pocket and pulled out his pack of Marlboro Light 100s and pulled the last cigarette from the package before he crumpled it up and let it fall to the ground. "They don't care if you're getting married or divorced. They don't care if you're gay, straight or whatever. If you dye your hair and get a bunch of piercings or tattoos. It doesn't matter to them." He held the cigarette between his lips as he fumbled around for his lighter. Once he found his lighter, Jeremy pulled it from his pocket and cupped his hands around the end of his cigarette as he lit the end of it. As he exhaled plumes of smoke, he looked over at Lucy. "I'll make you a deal, Lucy." Jeremy stuck the cigarette back in his mouth and took a drag. "You want to get out of this hell hole so bad? Let's do it. New Orleans can't be too far from here and I'm dying to check it out. We can even bring ole' Tommy and Quinny. God knows they need to get out of this town too." Jeremy pulled the cigarette from his lips and flicked a few ashes onto the ground. "I'll even let you teach me how to ride a horse or something if you agree to let me show you what city life is really like." Jeremy recalled Lucy's comment about horseback riding earlier and even though he wasn't too keen on learning how to pilot a farm animal, he'd do anything to get out of Cottonport. "So whadaya say? Wanna take a trip to the big easy?"

"Lucy. . ." An aggitated voice interrupted their conversation, causing the half smoked cigarette to slip from Jeremy's mouth and fall flat on the ground. "[********]" Jeremy cussed under his breath as he snuffed out his last cigarette in the grass. After taking a moment to mourn the loss of his last nicotine stick (at least until he went and bought another pack), Jeremy looked over at Dylan with a less than enthusiastic expression. Beside him was Marie who didn't even bother to look Jeremy's direction. Jeremy just rolled his eyes, not wanting to deal with Dylan or Marie so instead he just stood there and watched as Dylan and Lucy talked. He sort of wanted to punch Dylan out again but there was no reason to do that so long as he didn't lay a hand on Lucy or anyone else. "We'll talk after the carnival." Lucy finally said and a strange feeling of protectiveness and jealousy surged through Jeremy for a split second. He didn't want Lucy doing anything with Dylan, much less talk to him. "It's already the end of the carnival." Marie snapped in her shrill voice and gestured out towards the carnival with her had. God she was annoying but she gave great head. "But y'all would know that if you had been paying attention instead of 'fooling around'" Marie continued on and Jeremy just snorted a laugh. Now that was the pot calling the kettle black. Although, he hoped that Marie would keep their sexual encounter in the woods to herself. For some reason, he did not want Lucy to know about that. Not wanting to be a part of this drama any longer, Jeremy went to work collecting all of the empty milk glasses and placing them in the empty boxes from whence they came. "Why don't you go find some poor a*****e that has nothing better to do but ******** you in the woods." Jeremy froze at Lucy's words. She certainly made an interesting choice of words, almost like she knew what and where he and Marie had done it but how could she know? Jeremy thought back to Lucy's earlier comment about what Cottonport does to people. It was a small town and everyone knew everyone else's business.

Fearful that Lucy either knew or that Marie might say something, Jeremy turned up slowly and turned around to face both girls. For a moment, he made direct eye contact with Marie before she turned her sultry attention back to Lucy. "Well maybe I will." And with that and a parting wink, Marie slinked away leaving Jeremy feeling relieved and Lucy clearly flustered."What the hell was that all about?" "No clue." Jeremy answered too quickly. "Forget it, maybe she just has a thing for city boys. Though I can never get why she does it. Because let's face it. Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place." Jeremy just shrugged his shoulders, not wanting to talk about it any more. If Lucy had found out that he'd had dirty sex with Marie in the back of his car one night in the bayou, he was afraid he'd lose her friendship and therefore Tommy and Quin's friendship too.

MONDAY, JUNE 23RD 3:40 PM
                                              COTTONPORT, LOUISIANA: THE JORDAN FAMILY FARMHOUSE

The sweltering, mid-afternoon Louisiana sun shone brightly in the sky and the air hung heavy and wet all around. The heat and humidity rivaled that of southern Ohio which left Jeremy feeling extremely miserable. Sweat poured from every single inch of him. . . Literally EVERY single inch of him. His t-shirt was drenched, his shorts were damp and his hair looked like he'd been caught in a torrential downpour. "Jesus fucking Christ," Jer exhaled as he ran the back of his wet hand over his soaking forehead and pressed on.

Earlier that day, Lucy had texted Jeremy, asking him to come over to her house. While he'd hoped that she'd just wanted to hang out with him on his day off, he'd actually been conned into mowing her family's massive front lawn. Apparently her older brother, Travis, normally did it but he and his wife, Jamie, were out of town doing something, Lucy didn't exaggerate much on the details. To say that Jeremy was a little put out with Lucy and her latest stunt was an understatement, but he was hoping that after he was done, she'd at least feed him lunch and let him use her shower since he was positive he smelled worse than a boys locker room after a football game. "I swear to God she better take me to-" Jeremy muttered under his breath but then caught himself. He was about to say that Lucy better take him to Tim Hortons but then he remembered that he wasn't in Cincinnati but stick in God Damned Cottonport where the two restaurants were Angies and Feco's. . .Both of which were equally as bad as the other. "I swear to God she better agree to go to New Orleans with me." Jeremy corrected himself as he forcefully pushed the lawnmower along. Sprigs of freshly cut grass flew out in all directions and the lawnmower growled angrily as Jer put it through its paces. After another lap around the yard, Jeremy stopped and took his hands off of the lawnmower's handlebar. He huffed and then pulled his drenched shirt up and over his head and tossed it up onto the Jordan's front porch. He stood still for a moment and then ran his hand through his sopping wet hair and went back to mowing the lawn. When he'd finished an hour and a half later, Jeremy shoved the push mower back into the shed where Lucy had shown him its usual resting place. "God damn," Jeremy exhaled tiredly as he walked away from the mower, out of the shed and back towards Lucy's farmhouse. He walked around the side of the house and looked up at the sky. The sun was still beating down but white, puffy clouds had begun to build and build and build until they were tall, fluffy stacks upon each other. A thunderstorm is brewing, Jeremy thought as he walked up the three wooden steps of Lucy's front porch. Just as Jeremy scooped his damp shirt up off the porch, the front door swung open and there stood Lucy with two large glasses of lemonade in her hand.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xUser ImagexUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

mrs leo dicaprio

Hi! *waves* I got the sudden hankering to write as Jeremy so. . .tada! I thought maybe this would be a good setup for the horseriding scene we talked about?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff